Type keyword(s) to search

Baby Daddy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’m sorry, but I still can’t get behind Riley and Ben. Nope, sorry writers, but you can’t make me. Is it just me or does it feel like the Riley and Ben relationship has taken over the show? It just feels as if everything revolves around them and their issues and that is boring to me.

• Love 2

It looks like they're flipflopping BACK to Riley and Danny for the finale, according to the previews. Oy. Shit or get off the pot with this triangle, it's really annoying me. Pick one! (Danny)

• Love 2

I was in complete disbelief at last episode. Are the writers this tone deaf? Do they really think they've done the work on Ben/Riley? Are they this wildly overestimating our interest in Georgie/Danny? All of that though pales to what's really surprising: that the suits at ABC Family approved this.

• Love 1

I some times think there are two factions of writers: those that are for Riley and Ben, and those who are for Riley and Danny.  Which ever group is writing the episode decides which relationship will be forefront.  Because to me, there is no other reason for the constant flip flopping.  I was all for Riley and Danny because Ben was suck a dick to her growing up, but now I just don't think Riley deserves a great guy like Danny.  Let her have Ben and lets find an awesome girl for Danny.  I volunteer ;)

• Love 3
(edited)

It's been three sets of twins, one for each season. I really like this season's Emma, she interacts well with the actors, reacting to them and such. Since they seem to have finally acknowledged some passage of time, by celebrating her birthday and having her learn to walk, I'm hoping they keep the current twins as Emma. They're adorable.

Edited by kariyaki
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think the cast has finally gelled this season.  Bonnie and Tucker have been good together.  With Emma getting a little bigger, she can play more of a part in the show.  Three men and a baby:

tumblr_m6gm2vLZmL1ry7nyno1_r2_500.gif

Edited by atomationage
(edited)

I really like this season's Emma, she interacts well with the actors, reacting to them and such.

I agree.  The newest Emmas have more of a chance of being the main character on the show, if they can center it around something that happens naturally, and work around that.

Edited by atomationage

Georgie is an annoying character, I really hope she goes away soon.  I'd rather have Amy back, and I hated her character too (I like Lacey, just hated the character)

Nothing beats my Ben hatred though.  Any bets on how long it takes for him to get bored of Riley? 

I know I shouldn't expect a lot from such a fluffy show, but someone choosing Ben over Danny is laughable.

• Love 4

I had to come on here and check if this was an old episode that aired out of order and should have been shown at the beginning of this season, but it doesn't appear so.  I don't get why they don't just pair Riley with Danny and be done with it.  Ben is a giant douche.  At this rate, the show will be cancelled before Riley and Danny ever get together!

For those who wondered, I checked and there is no real Mary Hart Show. I honestly didn't know. I kept wondering, "is that a real show? What channel does it air on?" I've never seen it, never seen an advertisement or a commercial for it, never seen it listed on any station. It seemed like it could be a real thing, I thought maybe it was some syndicated show that only aired in certain major markets. But, nope. Just a fictional show created for Baby Daddy. Gotta give Mary Hart credit for being a good sport.

I don't think Mary Hart exactly has a booming career anymore.  Baby Daddy is probably fun and easy.  I like that she's playing herself.

The show kinda got pushed to the side for me this spring, so I just got caught up on the second half of the season.  That clip episode a few weeks back did them no favors (and did Melissa and Joey have one the same week?  blah.) and just reminded me that I have in fact been watching the exact same thing each week for three years.  According to Emma's age now we've watched approximately 9 months of their lives!  I like when they do the Friends type flashbacks except that they should be set around 2006-2007 and everyone is always styled like it's 1990.

Well that was worse than I expected.  I will not be back for Season 4.  

I hate Ben.  I hate Georgie.  I sometimes hate Riley.  And I really really really HATE Ben and Riley together.  He can move all the tree houses he wants, he is still a selfish asshole.  One sweet gesture does not erase an entire lifetime.  AND he still made another fat joke.  Classy.  Almost as classy as not even batting an eye when he finds out his brother was in love with Riley, although we know he couldn't give a shit about anyone's problems but his own...case in point, when he completely ignored everything Danny was saying on the fire escape and made it all about him.  Is there supposed to be something admirable or likeable in his character at all?  Because I have failed to see it.

Season 4 is just going to be the same old crap, so I won't be back.  I hope Derek Theler moves on to better things.

Let's put aside Ben/Riley nonsense for a moment.

What is supposed to be appealing about Georgie? Wouldn't her brother be annoyed that she's spending all this time with his exes friends? Why was Riley apologizing for Georgie setting up a phony job interview a few episodes ago? If Riley's feelings for Ben "forced" her to break up Philip/Riley, why aren't Danny's feelings for Riley a dealbreaker?

I'm beginning to suspect that the writers know that they have the audience on the hook for Riley/Danny and figure that we'll swallow whatever they dish out. Given the ratings and the creative direction, I wouldn't be surprised to see a change in showrunner.

Georgie was shady from the beginning. She hated all of her brother's exes and she made it like Riley was the worst of them. It was creepy how mad she was at Riley just because she was his girlfriend. Plus, iirc, she had not explicitly apologized for the fake interview. I remember waiting to hear 'sorry' but they kind of beat around it.

Let's not forget she basically dumped one brother for the other, on the basis of one look. That episode was weird. She even admitted in this episode they basically had nothing in common. At least Danny and Riley had the same sense of humor and taste in tv/movies (which is a deal breaker for me in real life, hah).

But I do hope Ben had come to his senses after that last scene. Probably the only time he listened and they weren't even talking directly to him.

I wonder if the creative decisions were affected by the actors' relationship. I heard they got together in real life and broke up recently.

Bonnie and Tucker remains the best thing about this show. Didn't realize Lil Tucker is sporting a six-pack too.

I just find it completely baffling that anyone would pick  Ben over Danny for a long-term relationship.

And it seems Danny was in love with Riley even when she was fat. He's a keeper!

• Love 3

I just find it completely baffling that anyone would pick  Ben over Danny for a long-term relationship.

Me too, although we're talking about someone who has been in love with him since they were kids, plus she probably still feels like the "fat" kid so she's not all that secure and still sees Ben as someone she thinks would never look at her twice. The fact that she's been so oblivious to Danny's feelings for her is what I find so hard to believe; he doesn't exactly have the best poker face. I really find the whole Danny/Riley/Ben triangle on this show to be the most tiresome thing about it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

These writers are cruel man. The way they dangle Danny/Riley like a bone is crazy.I know some people might think if Danny wasn't so hot we'd call him a nice guy but I never got the nice guy trope from him. He actually puts others feelings above his own and never expects it in return unlike a Stiles on Teen Wolf who is (was?) ultra nice guy towards Lydia.

I am glad that Riley wasn't surprised at Danny's old feelings for her. I just felt like the show forgot about the voice mail. Both she and Danny tried to change the subject. If these two don't end up together in season 4 then I give up. I know the actors broke up but they still have way more chemistry than Luke and Chelsea.

What else can I say about Bonnie and Tucker who constantly steals the show? Melissa and Tauhj are comedic geniuses. I really love that Bonnie is different from Barbra Jean. And Tucker is nothing like TJ Henderson. lol

ETA: I do wonder if Riley refuses to see Danny's feelings for her because he was the most popular kid in school and the only reason why he stayed friends with her through out high school is because they grew up together. Her being over weight back then thinking no way Danny Wheeler could ever see anything in me so I'll fall for his douche of a brother because its easier to think that he can like me and Danny only sees me as a friend.

I'm totally reaching. lol

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

Riley wasn't surprised about Danny's feelings because she found out last season. Although, she probably thinks he's moved on by now, new girlfriend and all.

Who, by the way, I really liked in this episode. Her glee about the block party was hilarious.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's not just the fact that Ben is a bit of a womanizer  and kind of clueless about everyone around him that I can't understand why Riley wants him.

I think his mannerisms are irritating too. He's always mugging in strange ways. I don't know what  it is exactly about him that Riley is charmed by.

Riley is strong and dependable, but his mannerisms are also less annoying. Imagine spending 50 years with Ben's mannerisms. Yikes.

Edited by bantering

I am glad that Riley wasn't surprised at Danny's old feelings for her. I just felt like the show forgot about the voice mail.

What voice mail? What am I forgetting? I can't remember the incident where Riley realized Danny ever had feelings for her.

• Love 1

@iMonrey, back in season two, Danny accidentally butt-dialed Riley while he was talking to his mother about how he's loved Riley since she climbed into his treehouse, and how he thought she was "the one."  Bonnie grabbed the phone from Danny to erase the message, but she ended up actually sending the message instead.  At the end of the episode, we saw Riley listening to the voicemail, hearing Danny profess his love.

• Love 1

Danny accidentally left a message on her phone. He and Bonnie spent the whole episode trying to get it back and when they finally did they deleted it but Riley caught it right before they did. Or did Riley delete it herself? Not sure. I do know that the next two episodes she was being cautious about his feelings. That hilarious moment where they were stuck in the elevator with Tucker they had kissed then hit each other in the head and pretended to have memory loss.

I have so many thoughts about this show...

• Love 1

Just watched all 3 seasons of this, and Tajh is definitely the standout.  He's phenomenal.  I don't remember him being that great of an actor, but then again, he was just a kid hamming it up.  It's nice to see how far he's come.  I almost wish the show was focused on the Tucker character.  I'll continue watching, just for him and especially his interactions with the mom.

• Love 1

I wish the show would talk a bit more about how Riley lost all the weight, and how she keeps it off.  She does a lot of binge eating and drinking but they never mention her working out or dieting.  Just wondering since her weight loss is always such a big topic on the show.

• Love 1

I just have one question about tonights new episode (for Halloween): why hasn't Derek Theeler been cast in Magic Mike XXL? 

As usual, the show was light on plot but heavy on the eye candy. The guys who run this show clearly know who the audience is......

• Love 4

I liked the facial hair that 2/3 of the boys were sporting. Did they tape these episodes with the regular season and just hold them over? Or tape them with the new season and just aired this one early? On Melissa & Joey, Joey Lawrence was also sporting some facial hair, only his was God awful, as was the "hair" on top of his head.

I honestly don't know how it works, but clearly the episode was not filmed with the regular season that finished this summer. The past two years we've gotten a special Christmas episode (not sure if we'll get one this year since this is the first time they've done Halloween episodes) - and those too are kind of strange, because they are out of sequence with the rest of the show. Danny was about to move away after Riley finally realized he'd had feelings for her since childhood at the end of last season, and there was no mention of this in this episode. Same over on Melissa and Joey - no mention of them having just gotten married. They're like weird, stand-alone episodes that don't belong anywhere in any particular sequence of events.

I'm really disappointed they got a different Emma! She was the best thing about this show sometimes. Apparently they want to keep Emma a baby forever, like Maggie Simpson. 

• Love 1

I already knew vaguely how tall they all were, but I still got a kick out of the police lineup at the beginning.  Tucker is so pocket sized that they have to keep replacing Emma or she will be as big as him soon.  I did think too how the guys looked different!  Ben's facial hair looked both out of character and perfectly right on him.

The Wheelers are such assholes towards Riley but it's enduring that they see her as family the way they do and vise versa. Same with Tucker. His friendship with Bonnie is my second favorite thing...Danny being shirtless and mooning over Riley is first. Ha.

• Love 2

I don't understand why we got one episode and then nothing more yet for this season.

Because ABC family is experimenting with something they do over in the UK - offering up special "Christmas" episodes during the off-season. Only this year they did Halloween episodes instead. Both Baby Daddy and Melissa and Joey have done this for the past couple of years. Since we got bonus episodes on Halloween I don't know if we'll get Christmas episodes this year.

I think it's kind of neat that they do that, but at the same time they sort of don't make any sense because they're so out of context, storyline-wise, with where we left off at the end of the last season.

• Love 2

Kid who plays Ben is absolutely dreadful during dramatic moments. I also don't get how in this episode he was a grinch but last season's episode he was all about Christmas. The only thing I liked was that NuEmma is doing that cutesy thing the little girl on Good Luck Charlie use to do when they needed her to ham it up. I'm a sucker for those baby moments. Lol

• Love 1

I'll have to disagree, I thought Jean-Luc was surprisingly impressive at the end when he found Emma in her room. Was not expecting him to tear up like that. I just wish they didn't have to get a new Emma, the original one was really the best thing about the show. Are they going to keep her a baby forever?

Was this Emma's second or third "first" Christmas?

I loved this Emma!  I rewound the part where she said "bye" as Ben went out the door about 10 times...yeah, I'm a sap for these things now that my kids are grown but not yet old enough to make me a grandmother (touch wood!).  She was the best part of an otherwise meh episode for me.

• Love 1

season opener: lame story only saved in the last few minutes by "naked" Danny showering. I swear, this show knows that Derek is the eye candy that keeps the audience coming back, and God bless them for it, cause hes the gift that keeps on giving!!

• Love 2

I'm for Riley/Ben. Mostly because I think they're both sickening, unlikeable people (although, Ben does have his moments) who deserve to be saddled with each other.

Danny's too damn good for that irritating brat.

Edited by Gumdrops
  • Love 3

It's weird how the story just picked right up where the last season finale left off and ignored both the Halloween and Christmas episodes altogether. I wonder when those were supposed to have taken place.

I loved everyone imitating Ben's voice at the beginning.

• Love 3

Danny is awesome and I've wanted him to end up with Riley just because he loves her so much but I'm so over it now.  Stupid Riley can stay with stupid Ben and have stupid children.  

DT is so very, very pretty.

Tucker is hilarious. His "keep it comin' girl"  cracked me up.