Type keyword(s) to search

Baby Daddy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hey it was Trina Vega! The only tv character more delusional than Ben.

Is that who that was? I knew her voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't place her, and I was too lazy to look it up.

Danny remained shirted this entire episode. No fair.

There was the photo that Ben had pasted his face on.

So - a burger?

I guess. :-)

I thought that a meat waffle had uncooked meat sprinkled throughout the batter (like a pecan waffle or a blueberry pancake).  When Riley "tried to cook" the waffle long enough to cook the meat it didn't work, which is why Danny said it was both over and undercooked.

• Love 1

I thought that a meat waffle had uncooked meat sprinkled throughout the batter (like a pecan waffle or a blueberry pancake). When Riley "tried to cook" the waffle long enough to cook the meat it didn't work, which is why Danny said it was both over and undercooked.

That's even more disgusting. Everyone knows you're supposed to cook the meat before mixing it in with the waffle batter.
  • Love 2

Don't remember if this was from this episode or the previous one, but when Riley, i think, asked Ben why he wasn't interested in the pregnant chick anymore, he said something along the lines of "because I saw a small human claw its way out of her!" I almost fell off the couch in a fit of laughter.  Lol!  Ben is an idiot!!

Glad Tucker was back.  His absence last week was glaring.  

This latest episode was pretty weak. I did laugh at Tucker and Ben both dressed as Cher - in fact when he suggested Sonny and Cher I thought Ben should be Cher and Riley should be Sonny, since he was famously shorter than her. But aside from that, for a Mary Hart episode there weren't many laughs to be found. The B-plot with Bonnie, Danny and Riley was dumb. I hate to see this show follow the same path as Melissa and Joey, which fell victim to lazy writing.

• Love 1

The high-five, fist bump, and finger waggle Emma and Bonnie did was adorable.

I didn't buy that Bonnie was testing Danny to see if he'd stand up to her in favor of his girlfriend, even if she was the "love of his life" (and this is one sitcom where that phrase doesn't feel cliched). Nothing we've seen of Bonnie to date would indicate that she'd step back for a girlfriend.

I know I should hate Ben, but Jean-Luc Bilodeau has become freakin' hot.

Evil Mary Hart is pretty funny.

I wonder how Mary Hart feels playing this version of herself? She must be having a blast.

Overall, though, I found the episode kind of boring. I don't know, this season hasn't been gripping me like other seasons have in the past. It's weird.

I thought last night was a bit of return to form. Misunderstanding plots always work for me. Although it would have been better if they gave the spouse of the partner's sister a gender ambiguous name, it wouldn't have made Riley look like a complete idiot.

• Love 2

I thought this week was better too. Tightly scripted and I enjoyed all the misunderstandings. Usually I hate that kind of plot point in any kind of show, but with three of them going on at the same time it really worked for the comedy. And I couldn't help it, I really cracked up when Riley came tumbling out of the closet. And the fact that she didn't even realize the woman she was representing in the divorce was married to another woman. Pretty good use of the whole cast, including Emma walking away from Ben right after he says "You'll never leave me will you?" I think this is the first season they've kept the same baby playing Emma from the previous season. About time they let her grow up a little.

Definitely the best of the season so far. It had previously been kind of blah.

Most of the scenes I liked have been highlighted already except for the totally random, isolated, yet hilarious scene of Riley eating pie over her sudsy sink while singing to herself. And then telling the pie "I'll miss you," after Bonnie startled her into dropping it was all just so amusing.

• Love 3

Pretty weak entry this week (they seem to be hit and miss every other week). I do think Sondra is funny but only in small doses. Ben and Danny fighting over Riley has got to stop. Emma was adorable in the bear costume. 

• Love 1

I'm kind of impressed at the physical showing Chelsea Kane has put into Riley this season. She's been tripping, falling, getting knocked out of bed and basically doing a great job at pratfalls that I haven't really seen since John Ritter.

• Love 1

It's funny, I caught a part of a season 2 episode and it automatically caught my interest and attention, which is something this latest season hasn't been doing. I don't know what the issue is exactly, but it's just kind of meh lately. I feel like the actors are just phoning it in or something. And I'm not seeing the passion and chemistry between Riley and Danny which sucks because I've been rooting for these two since season 1...

The only part of last week's episode I really enjoyed was hearing Sondra's drunk voice.

Please help.......Last night was the first time I've seen any of this season's episodes.  I've watched this show from the beginning, but for some reason I kept forgetting about it this season. 

What I need to know is.....what is going on with Riley & Danny?  Didn't they hook up or profess their love at the end of last season?  The show I watched last night didn't have them interacting at all.  She was just with Ben.  I WILL stop watching for good if the show continues with the Riley/Danny/Ben triangle (not really).  Enough is enough.  Anyway, can someone fill me in?  Thx.

Danny and Riley are together but you wouldn't know it by watching this season. It is like the writers ran out of steam after spending a couple years building them up. Now that they are together, the writers have no ideas what to do with them, which is kind of sad. 

I did like this episode, though. I like that Mary Hart is so comfortable spoofing herself, she must really be a good sport. Angela is a real piece of work, it's really kind of sad for Emma, and it was impressive how mature Ben was over the whole situation.

I loved the scene where Bonnie and Riley were talking over each other about completely different problems and thought they were discussing the same thing. I also thought for sure it was going to turn out to be Sondra that was threatening Tucker. And I thought Danny being a bodyguard for Tucker would have been a stronger B-plot than Bonnie trying to manage the bar. 

I got a kick out of the way everyone kept asking Ben "what are you doing here?" every time he walked into the bar. 

Danny and Riley are together but you wouldn't know it by watching this season. It is like the writers ran out of steam after spending a couple years building them up. Now that they are together, the writers have no ideas what to do with them, which is kind of sad. 

This has been my problem during this season. It is also why I am forgetting to watch the new episodes. Like WTH! If I wanted to watch Ben/Riley together I would watch other seasons. 

They've had some good Riley and Danny interaction since coming back but still far to much Riley and Ben for my liking. Ben was always a jerk to Riley  even when they were together so they need to stop acting like she was the great love of Ben's life. With how rude he always was about her weight as well as other stuff I don't even understand why Riley talks to Ben let alone considers him a friend. 

• Love 1

They've had some good Riley and Danny interaction since coming back but still far to much Riley and Ben for my liking. Ben was always a jerk to Riley  even when they were together so they need to stop acting like she was the great love of Ben's life. With how rude he always was about her weight as well as other stuff I don't even understand why Riley talks to Ben let alone considers him a friend. 

Totally agree. I don't like how Ben and Riley basically spend each episode together. If they were just going to do that, they should have just kept them together. 

• Love 1

I wish Ben would hook up with the neighbour upstairs and just forget about Sam. I'm not thrilled she moved in and Danny moved out.

Yes, I liked his chemistry with the upstairs neighbor. Moving the bar manager into the apartment is a pretty big step. Is the actress going to be a regular from now on? Part of the charm is the three guys in the apartment.

Bonnie and Tucker are great together, but I wish her moment of realization that she wasn't a good realtor had led to real growth. The "divorced woman of a certain age becoming a realtor" is such a real-life cliche. Maybe the writers could find a business for them to invest in or run or even their own real estate agency.

I really like that Riley and Tucker call Bonnie "Mrs. Wheeler." I was brought up to call my parents' friends "Mrs. & Mrs.," I think it's a sign of respect.

• Love 1

I found Tucker and Danny discussing the broken window so odd. It made it sound for a moment like Danny was still living with Ben and Tucker and I found myself confused. That being said, I like that Danny is still over at his old place all the time along with Mrs. Wheeler.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, even though I found Riley kind of unbearable in regards to her meddling. 

I did like the scene with Ben and Zoey in the shower, though. Those two have nice chemistry together. And it was nice seeing Ben taking charge and being so confident in how to take care of Zoey's sick son. Normally, Ben is portrayed to be clueless or unsure so this was a nice change of pace.

I swear I watched this exact set up (a dad helping a panicked mom with the mom's child's breathing issues by going into the bathroom and turning on the hot shower) and I could have sworn it was on this show, but apparently not. Anyway, I get that Zoey was grateful, but her "I don't know what I would have done without you"? Um...my good friend Google is always available, as is her cousin, YouTube. Also, your doctor's office. Also, the hospital. Also, a nurses line. Also, 911. Also, the fire department. Whatevskis.

Ehh, I don't need another Riley/Ben episode. Hopefully, this is the end of it.

I know that they want Danny/Tucker paths to cross more easily, but Danny has a perfectly interesting career that's ripe for comedy. Why not make Tucker PR/reporter/in game promoter for the Rangers?

• Love 1

I know there are a lot of Danny/Riley shippers out there but there's really not much material to be mined from them being a couple now. An entire episode of them on a date or whatever isn't going to cut it. Like it or not, the show is called Baby Daddy - not Baby Daddy's brother and his girlfriend. Which means Ben is meant to be the main character here, not Riley or Danny. It makes sense most of the stories revolve around Ben and how the other characters fit into those stories.

I hope this means they're done with Sam, she's not really adding anything to the show, and Zoey seems like a good solution to the whole Ben/Riley/Danny triangle if they're sticking with Danny and Riley.

I think the writers are trying to avoid the trope of "now that X and Y are a couple, those are the only storylines they get." Problem is, they're going way too far in the other direction. Danny and Riley are hardly in the same room together lately.

I don't really have to see them on a date but I'd like some of the scenes they have to not be drive-by "Hi" and "bye" like they are. It feels like they are reminding us in some episodes, " Oh yeah, Danny and Riley date now." I do like the consistency of Riley wearing her Someday necklace Danny gave her. 

Bonnie and Tucker dancing in costumes makes me laugh out loud always, I need to happen in about every other episode. 

I have liked Zoey from the beginning and hope she is here to stay and Sam is on the way out.  Zoey and Ben work. 

• Love 1

I did like the scene with Ben and Zoey in the shower, though. Those two have nice chemistry together. And it was nice seeing Ben taking charge and being so confident in how to take care of Zoey's sick son. Normally, Ben is portrayed to be clueless or unsure so this was a nice change of pace.

Agreed. I really like the dynamic that Zoey brings to the show. She's a decent character, and I hope that they flesh her out a bit. But with Ben going camping with Sam, Danny, and Riley, I hope that Ben doesn't do anything to jeopardize his relationship with Zoey. They finally started to get along well in this episode and I've been rooting for them since she got on the show. 

• Love 1

Bonnie and Tucker are always amazing together, but I'm tired of Riley spending all her time with Ben. I could have done without their story.

Yeah i'm sick of the Ben/Riley stuff. It's been like this all season.

• Love 2

They're hilarious but, to be honest, I'm kind of tired of the Bonnie/Tucker pairing. They need to mix it up more. My favorite comedic pairing is Bonnie/Riley, anyway.

• Love 1

I know there are a lot of Danny/Riley shippers out there but there's really not much material to be mined from them being a couple now. An entire episode of them on a date or whatever isn't going to cut it. Like it or not, the show is called Baby Daddy - not Baby Daddy's brother and his girlfriend. Which means Ben is meant to be the main character here, not Riley or Danny. It makes sense most of the stories revolve around Ben and how the other characters fit into those stories.

I hope this means they're done with Sam, she's not really adding anything to the show, and Zoey seems like a good solution to the whole Ben/Riley/Danny triangle if they're sticking with Danny and Riley.

They haven't given Danny and Riley anything really except for the stuff with the necklace. That's the problem. Ben is not the only character on this show.

Edited by mommalib

If Tucker sold 12 apartments that started at $1 million wouldn't his commission be like half a million dollars?!? At least?

I loved the pictures of young Danny and young Riley.

Actually no. Because the condo project was listing by Luis - he would get a cut. It was not clear if Tucker was licensed or not. If he was not, he just got a salary as an assistant. 

But why not a Ben/Bonnie or Ben/Tucker as the main plotline?

• Love 2

I see your point, but Ben is still the main character, and since they've been doing this on-again off-again thing with Ben and Riley since Day 1 that makes Riley more or less the female lead. That may be why the stories tend to throw them together even now, because the writers consider them the defacto "leads." 

They haven't given Danny and Riley anything really except for the stuff with the necklace.

They had an entire episode that revolved around them moving in together. Now granted, they were playing supporting roles in a story that was centered around Ben, but I think that's about the best material they can come up with for them outside of revamping the show completely and making Danny and Riley the leads and getting rid of Ben altogether. 

(edited)

I see your point, but Ben is still the main character, and since they've been doing this on-again off-again thing with Ben and Riley since Day 1 that makes Riley more or less the female lead. That may be why the stories tend to throw them together even now, because the writers consider them the defacto "leads." 

They had an entire episode that revolved around them moving in together. Now granted, they were playing supporting roles in a story that was centered around Ben, but I think that's about the best material they can come up with for them outside of revamping the show completely and making Danny and Riley the leads and getting rid of Ben altogether. 

Danny and Riley don't have to be the leads for them to spend more time together then they already are. Danny and Riley spent more time together when she was with Ben. Its just pointless to actually put them together if they are never going to actually show them together, and have her with Ben every single episode. They showed basically every step of Ben and Riley's relationship, but with Danny and Riley, there's nothing. They might as well just put Ben and Riley back together because that is clearly the couple they are invested in, not Danny and Riley.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 1

Okay this is getting ridiculous on Y&H and this show.  The putting people together just to tear them apart for stupid reasons.   My god how stupid.  I understand being mad about not telling some one about a high school hook up especially since Riley asked but breaking up over it??? 

These two shows are just frustrating

• Love 2

Riley is so frustrating. It's one thing to be upset about your boyfriend having had sex with your highschool nemesis but she didn't even give him a minute to tell his side of the story.

Having sex with someone once does not equate to having feelings for them. Has Riley not heard of a one night stand ? 

At this point I think Danny is far better off away from Riley and her melodrama. 

• Love 2

What parents would keep a home-video showing their teenager daughter just had sex? Definitely not mine. 

Well it doesn't actually show any fornication... And free love former hippies ? I don't know how old Sam is supposed to be...

I don't even think Danny lied. The way it was telegraphed was weird. It looked like Danny was shocked to find out he hooked up with Sam back in High School after she stopped the video and told him, "you are welcome." He immediately played the video just to see if it was true. He looked shaken and didn't know how to correct his previous words to Riley. 

The whole breakup felt rushed and made me pissed we didn't even get alone scenes of Danny and Riley. All season long it was Riley and Ben and I felt cheated. 

• Love 2