Type keyword(s) to search

Return To Amish - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/26/2021 at 11:00 PM, Arkay said:

I doubt if Rosanna’s new English friends would be hanging out with her if they weren’t on TV. I hope I’m wrong. The guy and the girl who were talking about how Rosanna left her whole world behind were telling the truth, and I hope they’re sincere.  

Something about the friends scenes smells "producer setup" if you ask me.  Maybe Rosanna got chatty with that salesgirl in the bathing suit shop and so production asked her if her and her friends would like to be on the show, etc.  I'm sure they're all nice people and acting sincerely, but this might be mostly a gig for them done out of curiosity and wanting to be on TV.  I'm sure Rosanna is aware of this but is just happy to go along with the flow because to her it's still a great opportunity to get to hang out with some "English" people.

Then again, Rosanna let it slip that she "always has such a great time" with that woman.  Like, when?  Supposedly they only just met.  So she may already know her because she is already English, not still Amish like they're making it look.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 1
On 4/20/2021 at 9:53 PM, Yeah No said:

It sounded to me like by the time Jeremiah was born Dennis was pretty much already done with his mother.  He made reference to having only been with his mother for several years, but I thought he gave the impression that he was not with her when she gave up Jeremiah and I'm not sure I believe that he didn't know she had a child and gave it up for adoption.  The timing would have had to be pretty tight for him to have had sex with Jeremiah's mother then suddenly he's not with her, then she has his kid without his knowledge and gives it up for adoption. 

I think you are basically right, but I recall Dennis saying that he and Jeremiah's mother had various troubles with their relationship, and that when they split up that he did not know she was pregnant.  This I can believe.

FWIW, I recall he said he found out about Jeremiah from his adult children telling him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Apropos Sabrina...usually bereft women get knocked up so men will pay the rent. Not the case here. Is she unacquainted with birth control? 'Cause a fifth money suck is on the way.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:24 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

o is Jeremiah faking us out with all the drama on the DNA results.  Only say in spoilers if you know.  He sure seemed down. 

What a lovely and kind man. Who wouldn't want him even for a step-in dad?

(edited)
On 4/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, Yeah No said:

Something about the friends scenes smells "producer setup" if you ask me.  Maybe Rosanna got chatty with that salesgirl in the bathing suit shop and so production asked her if her and her friends would like to be on the show, etc.  I'm sure they're all nice people and acting sincerely, but this might be mostly a gig for them done out of curiosity and wanting to be on TV.  I'm sure Rosanna is aware of this but is just happy to go along with the flow because to her it's still a great opportunity to get to hang out with some "English" people.

Then again, Rosanna let it slip that she "always has such a great time" with that woman.  Like, when?  Supposedly they only just met.  So she may already know her because she is already English, not still Amish like they're making it look.

You could be right but that may be her lack of education showing.

Sorry but Jeremiah looks nothing like his cousin but he does look like his father. I don’t believe that She murdered him because of Jeremiah. A google search will tell you they lived in poverty and had a slew of problems. There was a lady on 600 lb life that claimed to be the other woman and that is why he was murdered. A google search told me they broke up years ago and the fight was about something else entirely.

Good for Rosanna for not wanting to make out with the English boy, even for the cameras. She was right though, his overacting was off putting. I laughed when she thought that the man commenting on her dress was flirting when he was actually making fun of her. I don’t think it is as weird as Sabrina made it out to be. We all aren’t like you Sabrina, jumping into a relationship with anyone who will have us.

Maureen is quite the crafty one. Suggesting a fun camp out then leaving Rosanna alone in the yard is not cool. Funny how Sabrina and Maureen were calling Rosanna a slut for wading in the water and pulling up her dress...well my my my. There is Sabrina trying to start more shit. She wouldn’t experience STD symptoms immediately. For someone so upset about Rosanna hiking her dress up Ada doesn’t seem too angry about Maureen doing the nasty.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Good for Rosanna for not wanting to make out with the English boy, even for the cameras. She was right though, his overacting was off putting. I laughed when she thought that the man commenting on her dress was flirting when he was actually making fun of her.

I know, it was very revealing that she took that guy’s sarcastic comment as a compliment and thought that Nick was jealous. He certainly did overdo it with the flirting, but Rosanna is just not ready for the English world. Even if this date was just for Nick to get on camera, I doubt he’ll be pleased when he sees how Rosanna called him “creepy”‘ten times on TV.

Yech to Maureen and her first time with Danny. Ugh. 

ETA: I agree that Jeremiah didn’t resemble his cousin but very much looked like his father.

That family history is tragic all around, and we will never know the truth about why his aunt murdered him. It would be so much better if Jeremiah could look forward now to having bio relatives and even meeting his grandma, rather than agonizing that his birth caused his father’s death.  If I were Carmella I’d be mighty tired of hearing Jeremiah say that no one is ever there for him, when she’s the one who researched and arranged for him to meet his family.

Now go see your own kids, Jeremiah, or do you really want them to feel the way you’ve always felt?

Edited by Arkay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/3/2021 at 9:28 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Good for Rosanna for not wanting to make out with the English boy, even for the cameras. She was right though, his overacting was off putting. I laughed when she thought that the man commenting on her dress was flirting when he was actually making fun of her. I don’t think it is as weird as Sabrina made it out to be. We all aren’t like you Sabrina, jumping into a relationship with anyone who will have us.

If Rosanna didn't realize that her "non-date" date was for the cameras I don't know what to say.  None of that was in the least bit real and she should know that.  And I think she did.  I think she was overacting in that scene too.  They wanted her to play the part of the chaste/pure, reluctant young Amish girl putting off the so-called wolfish "English" guy but neither of them were very good at it and went overboard.  Oh please with calling him creepy and fat, LOL.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:28 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Maureen is quite the crafty one. Suggesting a fun camp out then leaving Rosanna alone in the yard is not cool. Funny how Sabrina and Maureen were calling Rosanna a slut for wading in the water and pulling up her dress...well my my my. There is Sabrina trying to start more shit. She wouldn’t experience STD symptoms immediately. For someone so upset about Rosanna hiking her dress up Ada doesn’t seem too angry about Maureen doing the nasty.

That's probably because Maureen and him are married already in real life and Ada's not that great at acting either.  Truth be told, Ada's only on the show because Mary went back Amish and they needed a replacement mother figure.  I actually miss Mary.  The show was never real and Mary had her own issues but I actually liked her better.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If Rosanna didn't realize that her "non-date" date was for the cameras I don't know what to say.  None of that was in the least bit real and she should know that.  And I think she did.  I think she was overacting in that scene too.  They wanted her to play the part of the chaste/pure, reluctant young Amish girl putting off the so-called wolfish "English" guy but neither of them were very good at it and went overboard.  Oh please with calling him creepy and fat, LOL.

That's probably because Maureen and him are married already in real life and Ada's not that great at acting either.  Truth be told, Ada's only on the show because Mary went back Amish and they needed a replacement mother figure.  I actually miss Mary.  The show was never real and Mary had her own issues but I actually liked her better.

Oh yea they pulled an Abe and Rebecca with those two. I also think the date was entirely set up by TLC. That guy looked pure bro and I doubt that Rosanna is his type. She overacts a lot. She was also over the top when Maureen ‘snuck’ back in at 5 am. The only one who comes off a bit real is Sabrina. She looked exhausted after arriving at the farm I actually felt a bit sorry for her. Mary had more personality I will give her that. I still don’t care about Jeremiah 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh yea they pulled an Abe and Rebecca with those two. I also think the date was entirely set up by TLC. That guy looked pure bro and I doubt that Rosanna is his type. She overacts a lot. She was also over the top when Maureen ‘snuck’ back in at 5 am. The only one who comes off a bit real is Sabrina. She looked exhausted after arriving at the farm I actually felt a bit sorry for her. Mary had more personality I will give her that. I still don’t care about Jeremiah 

Yup, this exactly.  Dude bro, LOL.  No way would he ever ask Rosanna on a real date.  Agreed about Sabrina.  However, I think Jeremiah might benefit from knowing his real family.  So far his cousin seems like a decent guy.  We'll see.

• Love 3

Can someone explain to me how it is that Jeremiah was abled to be matched with his bio-dad from a DNA/paternity test?  I know you can be matched with the ancestry dna kits but I don't think that acts as a paternity test where you are comparing 2 samples.  Also, I thought with those ancestry kits, they can only match people with others in their pool of samples of people who've done the same kit over the years.  If Jeremiah's dad died in the 80s, it's not possible for him to be in said pool.  I feel like this whole story with Dennis was just a set up to introduce the drama of Jeremiah's bio-dad.  I feel like everyone already knew there was no relationship but they all played their part for the storyline.  

• Love 1

Ada stomping in and out of rooms and huffing like the Big Bad Wolf, cracks me UP.

Ain't no way that was Maureen's first time.  And what they were talking about was probably a urinary tract infection, not an STD for crying out loud, but they have to bring the fake drama.

Rosanna's date reminded me of Damian from Mean Girls, no?

😄

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Ada stomping in and out of rooms and huffing like the Big Bad Wolf, cracks me UP.

Ain't no way that was Maureen's first time.  And what they were talking about was probably a urinary tract infection, not an STD for crying out loud, but they have to bring the fake drama.

Rosanna's date reminded me of Damian from Mean Girls, no?

😄

I was thinking honeymoon cystitis.

https://www.zavamed.com/uk/honeymoon-cystitis.html#:~:text=Honeymoon cystitis (or "honeymoon disease,to go to the bathroom.

• Love 1
On 5/6/2021 at 10:10 AM, Peper81 said:

Can someone explain to me how it is that Jeremiah was abled to be matched with his bio-dad from a DNA/paternity test?  I know you can be matched with the ancestry dna kits but I don't think that acts as a paternity test where you are comparing 2 samples.  Also, I thought with those ancestry kits, they can only match people with others in their pool of samples of people who've done the same kit over the years.  If Jeremiah's dad died in the 80s, it's not possible for him to be in said pool.  I feel like this whole story with Dennis was just a set up to introduce the drama of Jeremiah's bio-dad.  I feel like everyone already knew there was no relationship but they all played their part for the storyline.  

Yeah I worked in a molecular biology lab and I’m not sure how this came about either. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Yeah I worked in a molecular biology lab and I’m not sure how this came about either. 

I know a relative who died before giving DNA can be found through familial DNA going down the family tree, like with the Golden State Killer, but that requires a lot of samples, a lot of time and expertise. My assumption was that it was either Dennis or the real father, and ruling out Dennis meant the real father was the other possibility. But who knows.

Before the autosomal DNA tests became widely available Ancestry.com was offering YDNA testing (as well as the female equivalent mitochondrial DNA, but that's much less specific in terms of matching).  The YDNA test, which is also the common paternity test could match you to people all down your father's side.  So it was possible to match you to people who shared very similar YDNA on your father's father's father's father's father's side if you know what I mean.  They were even able to tell you within how many generations you had a common ancestor with someone based on the degree of variance between your results and those you were compared with.  My father was presented with a list of people he was related to on his father's father's side and how close the relationship was likely to be.  They told us that if it was within 3 generations the match was male first cousin (or once removed), or could be closer like uncle, etc.  If it was within 1 generation that meant father/son.  I forget the exact relationships that was so long ago now. 

After the newer, more accurate form of DNA testing became available at a reasonable price they discontinued the YDNA and Mitochondrial testing and even took the results off their website.  But I am sure that other testing services can still match people through YDNA as old fashioned paternity testing is always going to be a thing.  What I don't buy is that Jeremiah's cousin would somehow have results on one of those services to turn up as a match since that kind of testing isn't so widely used and published on the popular DNA and genealogy sites anymore.  You would have to give the lab two samples to match in order to compare them as you're likely not going to have any large database of people's results to compare to anymore like you do with autosomal DNA results.  I'm thinking that what they're not telling us is that Jeremiah also took an autosomal DNA test, which is the one most commonly used today, and that's how he was matched with his cousin.

This page can help explain:

https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Y-DNA-mtDNA-and-Autosomal-DNA-Tests

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh Honey...you need a degree to be a teacher. You are just as uneducated as Rosanna. Strong genes in that Hiltabidel family, they look like each other but I don’t see Much of Jeremiah in them. He looks more like his Aunt, same nose and jawline. Are some of these cousins his murdering Aunts kids? Awkward. This won’t save your marriage Carmella, he is just a violent asshole. I think Rosanna has a fairly serious anxiety disorder...just like her cousin Rebecca. I think she was acting in the tattoo shop though....she had all her teeth pulled for goodness sake.

• Love 5
On 5/10/2021 at 8:39 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

she had all her teeth pulled for goodness sake.

Which I have now been unable to take my eyes off the gap in her fake teeth on the upper left side.  Every time she smiles, I see it.  I don't remember seeing a hole in her dentures when they showed her cleaning them but I think it was either her bottom or top set and I can't remember which now.  Why oh why do I care?  I don't know but I.can.not.help.it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Peper81 said:

Which I have now been unable to take my eyes off the gap in her fake teeth on the upper left side.  Every time she smiles, I see it.  I don't remember seeing a hole in her dentures when they showed her cleaning them but I think it was either her bottom or top set and I can't remember which now.  Why oh why do I care?  I don't know but I.can.not.help.it!

OMG before I knew her teeth were fake I always focused on that gap. I can’t help it either 😂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2021 at 12:51 AM, Yeah No said:

I don’t think Rosanna knew it was a fake date.  She’s a few cards short of a deck.  

I think she really thought the date was fat because she is not familiar with getting “swole” at the gym.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am always catching clips of this show and can't believe how fake and overacted it is. It is obviously so fake I'll admit that I don't understand the appeal. The whole airport scene, Rosanna's "date", etc. I do feel bad for Rosanna some, she seems to operate at a 13 or 14 year old level and I'm not sure she was ready for the show or knew what she was getting herself into.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, overtherainbow said:

I am always catching clips of this show and can't believe how fake and overacted it is. It is obviously so fake I'll admit that I don't understand the appeal. The whole airport scene, Rosanna's "date", etc. I do feel bad for Rosanna some, she seems to operate at a 13 or 14 year old level and I'm not sure she was ready for the show or knew what she was getting herself into.

It’s something to do on a Monday lol. I actually watched a documentary about the Amish and Rumspringa a few years back. It was very well done and heartbreaking. Many of them were taken advantage of, ended up homeless etc.

I think Maureen not meeting her dad and being rejected by him explains why she latched onto Danny. It is sad.

Jerimah already started his own  family but never sees his kids. He is trash.

• Love 5

I think Dainny must have gotten a shave and a haircut when filming began and never bothered to go again. I can’t watch him with food 🤢

I noticed Carmela has really picked up the cadence of Jeremiah’s speech patterns. Also when did Jeremiah get his counseling certification? 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 1
23 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Jerimah already started his own  family but never sees his kids. He is trash.

Is that true?  How do you know that he never sees his kids?

(edited)
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Is that true?  How do you know that he never sees his kids?

Can I post spoilers here? I spend too much time on these messes...I need a hobby 😂 

Spoiler

I recall reading a thread ...either here or Reddit...where someone posted an interview with his Ex and other family members. They cut ties with Jeremiah for a reason. Ex claims he dodges support, was abusive ( apparently charged at some point) and rarely sees the kids.  Sabrina posted and quickly deleted accusations of assault during one of their seasons. Apparently his supposed horror show of a foster mother constantly bailed him out and gave him cash. He was also arrested for beating on Carmella but she dropped the charges.one link here https://www.distractify.com/p/jeremiah-raber-kids

• Useful 3

I find it funny Camilla giving advice to Sabrina when she's up and left her own kids for douchebag Jeremiah 

I also don't believe that they ever went to Pennsylvania if you look closely at the background you can see some palm trees outside when they're talking

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Oh the fakery!

Where was Maureen shopping?  It looked like beach Talbots. (Don’t get me wrong, I like Talbots, but I’m also middle-aged.)  The dress they bought was just as short as the other dress if not shorter and those prints were too much.  Her hair had definitely been cut before.  Her ends were were too neat and even.

Why are we revisiting Jeremiah and Carmella having more kids?  They did this years ago.  They already have like 10 between them.  

• Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Oh the fakery!

Where was Maureen shopping?  It looked like beach Talbots. (Don’t get me wrong, I like Talbots, but I’m also middle-aged.)  The dress they bought was just as short as the other dress if not shorter and those prints were too much.  Her hair had definitely been cut before.  Her ends were were too neat and even.

Why are we revisiting Jeremiah and Carmella having more kids?  They did this years ago.  They already have like 10 between them.  

Right? The dress was so ugly and not at all flattering. Reminded me of Austin Powers.

Sabrina did try to ruin the moment when everyone was complimentary to Rosanna at the party. It isn’t like she was in a bikini with her pus hanging out. Her dress  wasn’t short and she does not need a wax.  She seemed to be quite snarky all season to Rosanna, I do think there is some jealousy there. ...one of the only honest emotions on this show.

Ok The proposal and that ring though ....yikes....it looks like it came out of a gum ball machine.

Carmella is a grandmother...I really don’t think she wants or can afford more kids. Jeremiah should probably pay off his outstanding child support first.

Was that the finale? What a shit show. Put this show to bed, it is done.

• Love 3

Jeremiah and Carmella, what a couple of jackasses. They want to start a family? What about the families both of them have left behind? Jer has 3 for sure, not sure about Carmella, These two need to get off tv and get back to their families.

as for the English makeovers, I loved them both. Rosanna looked incredible. So understated. Loved the dress. Maureen’s hair and make up was great, she is beautiful but I would have done a different dress. But both girls are gorgeous 

Yeah Jethro, great idea to marry Sabrina on a muddy farm, kind of symbolic of your relationship. Their kids are adorable. And Jethro is right, nobody can ruin a great moment better than Sabrina 

I hope someone comes forward and fixes Danny’s lips and teeth. I think he’s a decent guy and will hopefully be good to Maureen

• Love 3

I just laugh, the fakery of it all. The dress shop in "PA" only sells tropical prints? They keep regurgitating two supposed Amish to go English when in fact they all have already left years prior. If I never see Jeremiah and his yellow f*cked up teeth and stupid grin,again it will be like Christmas morning 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2021 at 10:12 PM, For Cereals said:

Oh the fakery!

That looked like the same shop they went to for bathing suits.  I know we've seen it before.  It looked like a resort town shop for vacationers.  Those "dresses" Maureen was trying on looked like middle aged women's beach cover ups.  That's why they were so short - they're not even real dresses, LOL.  I think that was in FL, not PA.

On 5/19/2021 at 5:58 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I find it funny Camilla giving advice to Sabrina when she's up and left her own kids for douchebag Jeremiah 

I also don't believe that they ever went to Pennsylvania if you look closely at the background you can see some palm trees outside when they're talking.

I agree about that scene not being in PA.  Other scenes were in PA.  I think the dress shop scene with Maureen was in FL.

Carmella's kids are probably adults by now.  The last time we saw any of them was a while ago and I remember being shocked at how old they looked because she didn't look old enough to have them that age.  And now she's even a grandma!  Either she's older than she looks, or these people live on faster timetables than most of the rest of us, or both.  So I don't know if it's the same thing it would be to us if she "leaves" them.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Jeremiah isn't so welcome around his ex's house given all the abuse charges....Too bad for the kids.  Who knows?  His ex may have a restraining order against him and he only has rights to see the kids a few times a year under certain circumstances.  That was the impression I got when he had a rare visit with them years ago.  So some of that absence from his kids' lives may not be by choice, but he's still responsible for that situation.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Either she's older than she looks, or these people live on faster timetables than most of the rest of us, or both.  So I don't know if it's the same thing it would be to us if she "leaves" them.

Good point on them being older.  Wasn’t she part of some cult that she ran from?  Probably started pretty young.  I can’t remember if they were all hers or if some were other family? She gets a pass.  Jeremiah not so much...

4 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Good point on them being older.  Wasn’t she part of some cult that she ran from?  Probably started pretty young.  I can’t remember if they were all hers or if some were other family? She gets a pass.  Jeremiah not so much...

Yes, I think she was very young when she started.  Plus she is older than she looks, I am sure.  I can't imagine she's much younger than 40 at this point.

I remember several years back they had a segment on Jeremiah having a visit with his kids and something was said about how he only gets to see them a couple of times a year, and it sounded like it was per the terms of a divorce/child custody agreement in which he basically did not get custody and even had very limited visitation rights.  Plus it looked like they lived far away.  And he did not sound happy about that, but as if he knew he made his bed with that situation.  It was sad.  Those kids all have to be much older now too.

• Useful 1

I belive Jeremiah should cut down on the caffeine. I be put on Prozac.

Same for Sabrina except she can't take narcotics due to her addiction.

I am genuinely glad that Jeremiah found where he belongs.❤

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Back in the Spring Jeremiah was quoted as saying another season was already in the can but so far no word on if and when it will air.  TLC never announces it, though.  It just pops up whenever they feel like airing it.

And here we are! Did anyone watch after 1,000 Pound Sisters? I wonder when this was filmed because:

Spoiler

On the season ahead, Maureen is supposedly planning her wedding to Danny but as of February '22, they had a baby girl, which would have made her noticeably pregnant during the summer of '21.

The last season aired in spring of '21.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Hide contents

The last season aired in spring of '21.

See my post above.  If Jeremiah was quoted in the Spring of '22 that another season was already in the can and not as yet aired it must have been filmed before then.  Summer of '21 perhaps?  I don't get why they waited so long to air it.  I feel like not a ton of time has passed between what was happening in their lives in the season that aired in '21 and this season so this must be really out of date by now.  I don't follow any of these people online so I have no idea what the story is.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

See my post above.  If Jeremiah was quoted in the Spring of '22 that another season was already in the can and not as yet aired it must have been filmed before then.  Summer of '21 perhaps?  I don't get why they waited so long to air it.  I feel like not a ton of time has passed between what was happening in their lives in the season that aired in '21 and this season so this must be really out of date by now.  I don't follow any of these people online so I have no idea what the story is.

Nuts! Because if they did film this season the summer of '21, 

Spoiler

Maureen is totally pregnant, because she would have conceived in the April/May '21 timeframe. 

• Useful 3

Am I the only one here? @Yeah No want to hang out?

Maureen:

Spoiler

totally pregnant and covering her belly with her arm in the FaceTime call but also flashing her wedding rings!! Her face looks fuller too.

The new basketball guy seems pretty okay? We'll see. Jeremiah never got to be a bro in his younger years so now he's a super bro and more gossipy than a mean girl. The way he smirks and wants to be all up in everyone's business about where they went and what they did is interesting for a man of his age. He needs to go back to junior high (literally). He is old enough to be Daniel/Rosanna/Johnny/Kenneth's father. 43 to their 22/20, whattt. Ew.

I kind of can't with Sabrina's histrionics. Get it together lady.

This was a blah episode and the setup seems very strange to me between the olds and the young people. Between Ada, Jeremiah, Carmella and Sabrina and all these young 20-year old kids who seem to be flocking to the house, it's just a mish mash of casting as the originals should be aging out but aren't, and the young ones are apparently there to bring the rumspringa. I'm not so sure about all of this. 

The homefries must have been gross because nobody ate them.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Am I the only one here? @Yeah No want to hang out?

Maureen:

Reveal spoiler

totally pregnant and covering her belly with her arm in the FaceTime call but also flashing her wedding rings!! Her face looks fuller too.

The new basketball guy seems pretty okay? We'll see. Jeremiah never got to be a bro in his younger years so now he's a super bro and more gossipy than a mean girl. The way he smirks and wants to be all up in everyone's business about where they went and what they did is interesting for a man of his age. He needs to go back to junior high (literally). He is old enough to be Daniel/Rosanna/Johnny/Kenneth's father. 43 to their 22/20, whattt. Ew.

I kind of can't with Sabrina's histrionics. Get it together lady.

This was a blah episode and the setup seems very strange to me between the olds and the young people. Between Ada, Jeremiah, Carmella and Sabrina and all these young 20-year old kids who seem to be flocking to the house, it's just a mish mash of casting as the originals should be aging out but aren't, and the young ones are apparently there to bring the rumspringa. I'm not so sure about all of this. 

The homefries must have been gross because nobody ate them.

Lol, I’m here i guess. I haven’t watched this show since the first season and now i remember why i stopped. It’s because they just turn into white trash when they come to the English world. 
and this basketball kid? Like, sure, you have an 8th grade education but u think you’re gonna get into college…ok. I feel bad for Johnny—he is so sheltered and cannot handle anything outside of his normal life. Which is fine, if you are happy being Amish, then just continue your life that way. I think it much easier living Amish as male than a female. It’s the women who have to do all the cooking, cleaning, having babies, etc. i don’t blame them for wanting to leave. 
mom confused by this vacation though. How come it’s okay for the Amish to use electricity in Florida if they’re not on rumspringa?

• Like 3
  • Love 1