Type keyword(s) to search

SEAL Team - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

Would Alpha even be allowed to go search for one of their own or would that be considered too personal a mission? 

I was surprised to see they were on a ship because unless I am mistaken the ship doesn't seem that big yet the complex they are held in seemed bigger with the corridors etc.

Of course there is no way that Bravo would take the lead on this rescue, and likely they would play zero part in it.  

That Ray was at sea was a fun bit of trickeration by TPTB.  He would most certainly have known instantly he was on water.  It is odd, though, that when he was schooling his hostage mate on keeping eyes wide open that he never mentioned some aspect of what it might could take to escape from a ship.     

Naima's mouthed, "Thank you." really got to me.  Man, what our Blue and Gold star families go through. 

The two tactical/battle moments which were entirely laughable to me were 1) when they secured the room with Ray in it, Jason failed to order the team to secure the building and keep eyes on potential enemy.  2)  The firefight with the bad guys just prior to exfil was cartoonish.  Our boys had several occasions where they were in a perfect shooting position or stance and the tangos were entirely in the open.  Not.  One.  Hit.  Then comes the cavalry, firing while hauling butt in their vehicles, and the enemy was wiped out in seconds.  

I didn't understand Ray's pleading with Jason to save his former cell mate.  Ray had no sight of him once he left the ship and he had no signs that he was transported with him.  It's perfectly understandable that Ray might could be "thinking" on autopilot, but it's a rare, if not a first, instance of a squad leader being that wrong about a situation.

I don't understand Lindell reinstating "Peaches" to team duty at all.  But to put him back with Bravo?!!!!  All of his reasons for keeping him in drydock were still valid.  It was a smart device of TPTB to not show the meeting where Lindell restored him.  On the flip side, I loved that the plane was ordered to circle the area in the hopes an alternate plan could be developed.  That's the kind of senior leadership our service folks deserve.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
32 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Naima's mouthed, "Thank you." really got to me.  Man, what our Blue and Gold star families go through. 

The two tactical/battle moments which were entirely laughable to me were 1) when they secured the room with Ray in it, Jason failed to order the team to secure the building and keep eyes on potential enemy.  2)  The firefight with the bad guys just prior to exfil was cartoonish.  Our boys had several occasions where they were in a perfect shooting position or stance and the tangos were entirely in the open.  Not.  One.  Hit.  Then comes the cavalry, firing while hauling butt in their vehicles, and the enemy was wiped out in seconds.  

I didn't understand Ray's pleading with Jason to save his former cell mate.  Ray had no sight of him once he left the ship and he had no signs that he was transported with him.  It's perfectly understandable that Ray might could be "thinking" on autopilot, but it's a rare, if not a first, instance of a squad leader being that wrong about a situation.

I don't understand Lindell reinstating "Peaches" to team duty at all.  But to put him back with Bravo?!!!!  All of his reasons for keeping him in drydock were still valid.  It was a smart device of TPTB to not show the meeting where Lindell restored him.  On the flip side, I loved that the plane was ordered to circle the area in the hopes an alternate plan could be developed.  That's the kind of senior leadership our service folks deserve.

Just rewatched this episode and think that Ray was talking about the person who was in charge of the interrogation. They called him a HVT or high value target.

8 hours ago, cameron said:

Glad they got Ray out.  That was a heavy episode to watch.

Didn't need to see torture, even if it was just the lead-up.  I wouldn't know, I closed my eyes.

• Love 1
On 1/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

On 1/28/2021 at 1:38 PM, cameron said:

Just rewatched this episode and think that Ray was talking about the person who was in charge of the interrogation. They called him a HVT or high value target.

Ray definitely said there was another guy. He said, "Leadership" and then Jason said they didn't have time to track down HVTs,

He knew his former cell mate was dead. He wanted all of the dudes who messed him up.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:38 PM, cameron said:

8 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

Ray definitely said there was another guy. He said, "Leadership" and then Jason said they didn't have time to track down HVTs,

He knew his former cell mate was dead. He wanted all of the dudes who messed him up.

Y'all are correct about the "leadership" quote from Ray.  Thank you.  It still makes little sense, unless we are to assume Ray was out of his mind.  

How on earth would Ray have known if any of the "leadership" were alive?  It also makes no sense as he had just been through a period where he ached for home and his family to a degree he had rarely, if ever, experienced.  Any delay or distraction worked against his greatest desire.

I'm fine with portraying Ray as being altered due to various traumas.  I'm not so fine that he was portrayed as some kind of super hero, gung ho, revenge-filled zealot in that moment.  It's just way over the top to me, and that's saying something with this show!

On 1/28/2021 at 8:34 AM, cameron said:

Glad they got Ray out.  That was a heavy episode to watch.

Agreed.  Finally saw it last night.  I don't have first hand knowledge of procedure when an injured military member is being wheeled out of the plane and into an ambulance, but would they have just let Ray's daughter run up and throw herself on him like that?  Yeah, Ray's face was banged up, though not devestating, and his finger was wrapped, but I don't think they would've let a child get too close until he was taken away, assessed and fixed up a bit.  What if Ray's external injuries were so bad that it would've traumatized the daughter upon seeing him?  Hub and I both shook our heads and said, 'never would've happened' as soon as the daughter ran up to him. 

• Love 1

Watch an exciting new SEAL Team episode where Jason confronts his greatest enemy yet: boredom and the urge to fidget! Will Jason distract himself with actual work or will he pace a hole straight through the floor of the Ops Center?

Of course as we expected, Jason wants to go back to kicking down doors. I'm not sure if the actual military would let someone go backwards like that. When it comes to Navy SEAL teams I'd be willing to bet there is a lot of talent waiting in the wings. And of course the new guy who is taking over for Blackburn is an asshole. I have a feeling he'll catch a bullet or landmine or etc and hopefully Blackburn will come back.

Does Stella actually have a new boyfriend who slept through Clay's psychotic knocking? Clay wouldn't sleep through that. The only reason it would take him that long to see who was at the door would be because he'd put his tactical gear on first.

As much as Stella haunts him, Clay might want to think this one through a bit more though. Stella is making out with him within easy view of her new boyfriend. Clay is deployed randomly and often. Seems like a recipe for conflict, specifically the kind where Clay walks in on Stella and some other dude (perhaps even the boyfriend she is betraying at that moment) who gives her a similar sappy speech.

Ray has all kinds of people offering him help with his expected PTSD and he decides to just pretend everything is okay instead. Ray, you have some serious deficiencies of character.

I wish Lindell would tell Davis that he's aware that she's having a fling with Sonny and he does not care so long as they maintain their discretion.

I also wish Thirty Mike would forget his parachute the next time they have to do a HALO jump. Ray is a shit disturber but Thirty is straight up disloyal.

Loved seeing Blackburn chugging beer and spilling it all over himself.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I wish Lindell would tell Davis that he's aware that she's having a fling with Sonny and he does not care so long as they maintain their discretion.

Then it would be a failure in command as officer-enlisted fraternization is prohibited under the UCMJ.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

Then it would be a failure in command as officer-enlisted fraternization is prohibited under the UCMJ.

Fair enough for real life but in this show we know Sonny and Davis are going to break the rules and get caught which will eventually lead to one or the other of them having to sit on the sidelines until they are needed for a particular mission. Nobody on this team is particularly invested in certain rules and Lindell seems to understand that. I think the same heat would come down on him whether he tacitly approved of the relationship or not and it would show that at his core he's a nice guy. But if he does need to be a hardass about it when he inevitably finds out, so be it. Sonny and Davis are both well aware of the risks. But more than anything, I'd like to see Lindell's reaction to finding out that Clay covered for Ray about the whole anonymous letter fiasco. That had a big impact on the team and I think it's a more interesting storyline than Navy SEAL forbidden romance.

Seriously complicated episode, mostly damn good.

There's only so much a TV show can portray in 42 minutes, or whatever, an ep.  That sure goes for this series.  For my taste, TPTB have too much glossed over the deeeeep psychic wounds operators can suffer.  This ep was a great respite from the go. go, go, even though we did have the one op.  Even in that, they demonstrated a price paid - Clay was not focused and got jumped.  

Anyway, the conversation about aging warriors was tremendous.  Yes, it is almost tragic that they are not killed in battle, given how they so fully identify as a fighter.  Add in survivor's guilt and it makes for a super toxic emotional cocktail.  I was moved when that truth was spoken out loud by Jason.  I think they each should be on permanent stand down from live ops, but man, do I respect those who have lived the reality of being separated.  We all owe them all such a huge debt.

I would like to think Blackburn is being moved not so much for earned promotion, but for being part of it as Bravo disintegrated, significantly due to command breakdown in failure to handle Jason.  Loose ships sink.  He'd probably be an excellent administrator and should thrive in his new role.

The convo at the bar between Sonny and Davis was repetitive as plot, but it was staged differently.  I certainly noticed the dark lighting, but more so, the aging/wrinkled brows of each actor.   Neither have ever appeared as haggard and worn before. They really are at a crossroads and one of them simply must give up their current posts.  It would be best if Sonny retired.  Davis has launched an impressive long term Naval career as an officer.  Sonny  will soon enough be facing the same problem Jason now has.   Anyway, this time it felt different and that's a credit to TPTB and the actors.

Glad that Clay figured out that he needs a partner.  It appears Stella figured out she can be that partner.  She was no innocent in earlier problems and it's been nice to see her attempt to own this.  It's now or never for them.  I really don't know what the right thing for her is.  She is absolutely the right choice for Clay, imo.

Lindell is a pitiable fool if he allows Jason to return as Bravo 1.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The convo at the bar between Sonny and Davis was repetitive as plot, but it was staged differently.  I certainly noticed the dark lighting, but more so, the aging/wrinkled brows of each actor.   Neither have ever appeared as haggard and worn before. They really are at a crossroads and one of them simply must give up their current posts.  It would be best if Sonny retired.  Davis has launched an impressive long term Naval career as an officer.  Sonny  will soon enough be facing the same problem Jason now has.   Anyway, this time it felt different and that's a credit to TPTB and the actors.

I'm not going to bet or anything, of course. But I'm convinced the entire Sonny/Davis fraternization vs true love drama viewers have been subjected to for seasons now will come to Sonny's one night stand Texas girlfriend getting pregnant. This show is notorious for its complete inability to stick to any meaningful and/or impactful storyline all the way through. So it's going to be a worthless kind of melodrama for the sake of it.

Of course, maybe not...

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 2

The Texas friend was not  a one night stand.  She was the high school sweetheart he left behind to join the military.  I don’t think she was a fling this time either.  But she was second choice to Davis and now that Davis is willing to try again ....

The Texas girlfriend needing to reach him...it makes perfect sense. I agree that she's trying to call to tell him she's pregnant. 

Also agree that they have a hard time seeing anything through. Jason's wife died before anything got resolved there, and he's about to dump his current girlfriend for the second time, for basically the same reason. 

• Love 3

If this were real life, Jason would probably move on from operating, especially given his age. Of course, being a drama and David being the star, Jason stays. If only they had gone the braver way and had Jason continue supporting the teams and we followed his struggles to adjust while his old team operated, or something like that. But I guess that would have changed the show too much. Instead we get the silly melodrama of Jason struggling to adjust to support then choosing to go back to operating, even if he should really move on. I guess they’ll just paper over Jason’s age and emotional issues

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

I thought I was the only one rooting for 30 to mysteriously disappear during a mission, never to be heard from again.

Also Sonny and Davis have NO chemistry and it’s just not working for me.

You are absolutely not alone. I will gladly join you at that table.

He's the worst.

• Love 1

Mild spoilery description of Sonny's situation in the next episode, airing March 3rd:

Spoiler

When Jason returns to Bravo, tensions rise as Ray outranks him on a mission to recover military drones in Syria. Also, Sonny receives surprising news from Texas.

(source: TV Guide)

Props to any and all who called it, if it turns out to be what we think it is.

• Love 1

Well, a case of beer to those who called Sonny's Texas fling's sudden but inevitable pregnancy.

And now we've got Clay keeping secrets from the rest of the team on Sonny/Davis' behalf, Davis keeping secrets on Ray's behalf, a new CIA lady who isn't particularly good at keeping secrets (and who gets to spend significant time with Ray who will need someone to snuggle him during his night terrors) and there's still the new Lieutenant back home who doesn't agree with Jason's lazy and repetitive training schedule. This show is such a soap opera. A soap opera with guns, that's what it is. Not saying I don't love it though.

Sonny, how long do you think it's going to be until the team's intel officer figures out your sudden reason for being all distracted? Also could you at least pretend to be happy that you have a kid on the way? Look on the bright side, you can have a literal shotgun wedding with that gal from Texas. No one will have to dress up unless you consider cowboy boots formal wear.

No more Thirty Mike! I bet his team is glad to have him back.

• Love 2

Jason is miraculously returned and the team itself miraculously stayed in tact and was not disbanded.  Davis is heck bent on going public with her love, risking a career she fought super hard to have.  Ray is back to being Ray, refusing to own weakness, thus endangering the team.  zzzzzzzz

The best moment, in this absurdity, was Emma admitting that NYU is not the be-all, end-all school.  After the unreal debt Jason took on, she really does not have the desire, nor the ability, to justify it all.  I have a not distant cousin who did exactly the same thing to her family.  Well over $100K on a whim and a prayer.   

There's a lake in Afghanistan?   

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Jason is miraculously returned and the team itself miraculously stayed in tact and was not disbanded.  Davis is heck bent on going public with her love, risking a career she fought super hard to have.  Ray is back to being Ray, refusing to own weakness, thus endangering the team.  zzzzzzzz

The best moment, in this absurdity, was Emma admitting that NYU is not the be-all, end-all school.  After the unreal debt Jason took on, she really does not have the desire, nor the ability, to justify it all.  I have a not distant cousin who did exactly the same thing to her family.  Well over $100K on a whim and a prayer.   

There's a lake in Afghanistan?   

Can't believe Jason taking on a superior officer; not sure that would happen in the real world.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, cameron said:

Can't believe Jason taking on a superior officer; not sure that would happen in the real world.

Not that the writing for the last couple seasons isn't terrible or anything but Jason as a character 's been having this issue with authority since season 1. Apparently for a career military man in a tv soap it's a some sort of requirement to mouth off to SOs. I distinctly remember how Jason was trying to start a ruckus with the actual captain of a nuclear submarine while on a mission, and wasn't sent on a brig and dishonorably discharged on the spot.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 4

Not digging Jason's attitude.

Sonny's been in love w/Davis all along, so I think he's torn by his sense of obligation.  I don't think he cares for his Texas sweetheart in the same way.

• Love 2

Davis said she doesn’t want the team think she is fleeing to Echo because of a guy but isn’t that exactly what she is doing?  It’s fine if she does though because she and Sonny still have not a whit of chemistry, IMO.

Everyone in this ep was either lying or keeping a secret and it was super annoying.  Between this show and S.W.A.T. it feels like the writers have never actually seen any episode prior to the one they wrote.

Stella, don’t talk about Jason.  You don’t know anything about it or him.

Between Ray’s kid and Jason’s kid, they must think that houses and apartments are free.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Everyone in this ep was either lying or keeping a secret and it was super annoying.  

It is literally life and death that SEALS act with esprit de corps and honor that trust be unquestioned.  This show also depends on "moments" where timeless and virtuous acts are presented.  For me, these scenes are cheapened, and sometimes empty.  TV is all about expediency.  Whatever TPTB can get away with to retain a modicum of credibility, they will do.

By the bye...there is a rumor that Jason has a son.  Anyone else hear that?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, mojoween said:

Brown-haired boy, likes hockey?  Never heard of him.

The one that’s still a minor and might care to actually see his father since he got dumped into boarding school 5 minutes after his mother died? 

• LOL 1

On 3/7/2021 at 11:15 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

By the bye...there is a rumor that Jason has a son.  Anyone else hear that?  

Jason never had any children, I'm pretty sure. Or wife. Or mother.

• LOL 1
On 3/6/2021 at 3:44 PM, momo said:

Not digging Jason's attitude.

His level of arrogant, know-it-all "nothing will get done unless I'm here and in charge' douche-baggery just skyrocketed in this episode.  Just the mention of the 'hoops' Lindell had to jump through to get Jason back on Bravo made me ill.  Lost respect for Lindell because of that

On 3/7/2021 at 2:35 PM, mojoween said:

Davis said she doesn’t want the team think she is fleeing to Echo because of a guy but isn’t that exactly what she is doing?

THANK YOU!  Exactly!

And why oh why do I get a sick feeling that they're setting one of the guys up to die?  As if Ray's abduction and torture wasn't enough to have reality smack you in the face, the new CO's need for change in Bravo and (it seems) only Jason being uber-resistant to that change because the self-important tool that he is has a problem with authority (unless it was Blackburn), I sense that maybe the death of a brother due to this resistance/secret keeping, etc is going to be the undoing of someone.  

7 hours ago, ctlady said:

And why oh why do I get a sick feeling that they're setting one of the guys up to die?  As if Ray's abduction and torture wasn't enough to have reality smack you in the face, the new CO's need for change in Bravo and (it seems) only Jason being uber-resistant to that change because the self-important tool that he is has a problem with authority (unless it was Blackburn), I sense that maybe the death of a brother due to this resistance/secret keeping, etc is going to be the undoing of someone.  

Didn’t the series  out with this exact issue? They had lost a member.   Later they found that member had brought a refugee over from Afghanistan to keep her safe since she’d been a translator or something? Jason wrestled with his conscience etc. 

Article 119 - Manslaughter.  It can't be about Jacques.  That guy earned erasure on sight.  I am intrigued to learn which overstep is the one biting the Master Chief now.  His apprehension was a joke.  They easily could have nabbed him when he reported to the base.  Draaaaaama.

No furrowed brow from Davis in any single scene tonight.  The Navy must have some special moisturizers or something.

Interesting shooting.  They were back to being on point, until the firefight trying to breach that final building.  How in heck did they all miss the 2nd and 3rd tango who ran right out into the open from the front door?  They had just killed, with first shots, the first guy who tried that right in front of them.  

Good call by Jason to not have Sonny be the one to blow up the drones.

Where the heck was Soto during this whole deal?  I don't get it.  His new unit is sent to take care of needs with a delicate balance and he is not consulted?  No conversation at all following the initial mission?  They had at least a day to do so.

Ray is a first class ass for insisting on going to the bar instead of being at home.  

I was glad some of the secrecy and nonsense was brought to light. Ray finally admits he has a personal interest in Raqqa Jacques (best terrorist name ever!) and Sonny finally fesses up about his Texas fling but completely whiffs on a golden opportunity to make a "bun in the oven" joke (when Davis is telling him about the hospital cafeteria's menu). And in both cases, it actually works out better. The team aggressively purses Raqqa Jacques and catches up with him which they would not have done if Ray was able to keep his secret.

And as for Davis' reaction to the news, she seems resigned to the fact that fate is not being cooperative. I have a feeling it would be a red line for her if Sonny decided not to be involved somehow. That was the only question I remember her asking: what kind of dad are you going to be? Goes without saying that "deadbeat" is not among the options. And Clay put an exclamation point on this as well. FWIW, I think a story where Sonny has to juggle being a SEAL along with keeping his relationship with Davis healthy and being a good dad would be a lot more interesting than Sonny drinking himself to sleep at night because he took the shitty option and now he doesn't have any friends.

I think I heard a vague reference to Soto being back at the base drawing up new plans for the team. As for why he wasn't involved in this one, I think the mission was a CIA op with the SEALs pinch-hitting on their behalf.

Pretty sure the 3... 2... 1... execute scene was a Captain Phillips reference. That was some Navy SEAL history right there, with three snipers getting precision kills while shooting off of the back of one boat into another at night in rolling seas.

• Love 1

I don’t think we’ve seen Lisa’s true reaction yet.  First, she needs time to process this just as Sonny did.  Second, she knows Hannah may not be on board with this co-parenting idea.  She knew about Hannah, but does Hannah know about Lisa?  Sonny is my favorite Bravo team member, but he’s not good at figuring out what goes on in people’s heads or hearts. 

It’s good to see that Clay is paying attention to the sadness of Jason’s pre-arrest life and cultivating relationships outside Bravo.  Stella is good for him.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Pretty sure the 3... 2... 1... execute scene was a Captain Phillips reference. That was some Navy SEAL history right there, with three snipers getting precision kills while shooting off of the back of one boat into another at night in rolling seas.

That was cool. Hadn't seen it before.

I guess Seals & this particular Texan are super conservative and not even considering abortion? Or adoption?

Maybe now we won't have to keep seeing scenes of Ray's torture?  Killing Raqqa Jacques might not bring Ray a lasting peace, but how sweet for him to take the guy out!

6 hours ago, momo said:

I guess Seals & this particular Texan are super conservative and not even considering abortion?

For some reason a guy who before season 2 (and all that serious relationship business stuff) had frequented strip clubs and hanged out with various strippers doesn't consider stuff like contraceptives while having a fling. Not to mention the fact he's in elite military group and probably has serious security clearance so he could be somehow coerced to high treason via his unsavory personal life.

• LOL 1

I was watching Tough as Nails while knitting and was too busy to change the channel. Wow, this hits every cliche hard. I’m not a fan of military based shows but geez, the testosterone is sky high. I love Boreanaz but this is not a show I’d watch again.  

What a pantload.  

I'm fine with the State Department or CiC political shenanigans in mollifying the Kingdom.  All too real and the show set us up for it several times with exposition.  I hate that this garbage happens, but I do get it.

Not taking a clear shot at a target, with zero chance of hitting the daughter?!  Are you freaking kidding meeeee?!!!!!!!  Clay just got done reminding our intrepid hero that this dude is a target for excellent reasons.  Think of all the daughters whose lives he ruined, and the added ones he would ruin if allowed to survive the op.  I honestly can't believe we are supposed to accept the moral choice made as obviously correct.  

Of course, if Clay had not made a miracle shot, it wouldn't seem very pretty.  And it was a miracle shot.  Impossible, actually.

The wrong man is in the docket.  Clay and Ray belong there for pulling that "righteous" stunt in Colombia.  Ray refused to execute a legal order in best time, completely jeopardizing his only mission, and Jason is sinking because he took out a potential sentry who likely would have alerted the targets that the team was upon them.  How in heck is it possible that the JAG refuses to use that rather huge truth is also quite beyond me. 

Lindell is back to being more than fair to Jason.  Why?  Solo is still worthless, so at least that is consistent.

My guess is Mandy will work some magic and get senior admins to back off.  It would have to be from the Jordanian side.

Davis and Stella each doing one heckuva Tammy Wynette is quite a sight.  I'd like for it to be consistently sustained, but it's a TV show.  IRL, if either backed off/left their man, it would be completely understandable.

• Love 1

Wherever 30 went, can he take Clay and Stella with him?  It is physically impossible for Clay to talk to anyone without sounding like a judgmental asshole.

And seriously Clay the shit you do is classified so maybe don’t word vomit all over Stella when she gets home.  God I just want to yeet them both into the sun.

• Love 1

Just watched the scene where Jason killed that guy.  He could not have seen, imo, a gun before the time he decided to shoot him.  No gun was shown to us viewers at any time.  Hayes was also in a super vulnerable position.

As I said before, the presumption simply has to be that someone like that, in that position, in that location, is the enemy.  The ROEs have got to allow for taking such a person out on sight.

Ray made the call to go after his torturer.  Command was all about getting to the drones ASAP.  How is that Jason being wild in decision making and/or the outcome of that raid?

I sure hope the JAG defense lawyer is exposed for duplicity and/or utter incompetence.  Where's Chegwidden when you need him?  😉

• Love 2

I have a feeling this show isn't particularly grounded in reality, hence the chatty Cathy Navy SEALs. But yeah... Clay should figure out that he can tell Stella stuff without getting into quite so much detail. I have watched some former Special Ops guys on Youtube and when they talk about things they weren't supposed to be doing in places they weren't supposed to be they tend to say things like "we were in a country". They might say they were in the Middle East but won't narrow it down to exactly where and certainly wouldn't tell you about the quirky nicknames of the bad guys they were after.

It was nice to see Mandy again. I wasn't expecting her to show up. Again, I wish she had never hooked up with Jason. It would have been a better scene if they were just friends instead of making me wonder if they had time for a booty call before her flight.

Aww, Sonny, ya big ol' softie! Turns out you just had to see the kid in order for your heart to melt. Davis is way too chill about this. You don't deserve her.

So some Navy SEALs come into your building and immediately light up the first dude they kinda sorta see. You're standing just down the hallway from this filming for some reason. And you stay there and keep filming? Stranger things have happened I guess but that's one fearless mofo. Makes me wonder if there is some deepfake action going on. Could also be a Full Metal Jacket reference I guess. "Anyone who runs is a terrorist. Anyone who stands still is a WELL-DISCIPLINED terrorist... Git sum!"

Is Ray supposed to be a character we root for on this show? He's such a dick, all the time. He lies to his family, stabs his brothers in the back and causes problems with Navy leadership. At least he didn't shoot the cartel dude in front of his young daughter. Then again, he was going to until Clay basically said "sure would be the shits if someone had done to you what we're about to do to this guy, huh?"

Edited by dwmarch
  • Love 2
On 3/26/2021 at 4:32 PM, Ava said:

Jessica Pare directed this episode. Has she directed any others? Does anyone know?

Only this one according to the Wikipedia page. Star David Boreanaz has directed 3

On 3/25/2021 at 10:55 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Just watched the scene where Jason killed that guy.  He could not have seen, imo, a gun before the time he decided to shoot him.  No gun was shown to us viewers at any time.  Hayes was also in a super vulnerable position.

I watched the scene a couple of times and noted that the guy's back was to the camera at all times. I also saw what looked to me like his left arm moving sharply (hand out of sight) right before he was shot. It seemed to me like he may have been going for a gun tucked in his waistband. I know they made a point of saying they didn't find a gun on the guy's body but considering they apparently didn't realize there was a whole second person there filming the entire thing, it seems completely reasonable to me that the amateur filmmaker could have retrieved the gun while the guys were in the other room.

Is Ray supposed to be a character we root for on this show? He's such a dick, all the time.

I can't stand him. Mopey Martyr Seal, badly acted.

I binged the last three episodes last night. The show has devolved into "telling not showing" and predictability. At this point, my only interest is the missions, Davis' career, and seeing Cerebrus. And I see toupees creeping in.

• Love 1

The verdict was made to make sense.  But first (tm Julie Chen Moonves), we had to have Ray outslick the prosecutor, who was shown to be an especially weak and inept officer, by securing immunity.  Then we had Clayton Webb (Magnum PI) make rulings with the government's thumb on the scales of justice, only to not say a word about admitting evidence that had nothing to do with the events in question.  Then we have Lindell's decision to chuck his career to support a burr in his butt.  

Jason Hayes?  Why, he decided to play the game just in time.  He went from slamming his fist in court, to being powerfully subdued in his manner and voice on the stand.  I'm sure he was heartened by the testimonies of all concerned who had his six in a major way.  But, Ol' Jace doing a 180 like that?  Difficult to handle that truth, imo.

Hard to blame Naima for being extremely upset about the wall Ray put up.  She has a choice to make, just as she made it in earlier seasons that Ray was worth the lies of omission.  It's clear she will never win her battle for supremacy with the Navy over Ray's loyalty.  Neither party is a bad person for the choices made and now before them.  God bless the Blue Star families!

Now it's Sonny's turn to decide...Navy or marriage to Davis, who will be absent herself a significant amount of time.  Does he want to end up like Hayes, with no life to go to once operating days are over, or has he learned there are ways to live a pretty great life by being committed to family first?

Did Jason mention a Life cereal commercial in his talk with Emma?  Hey, Mikey!

• Love 1