Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Either this woman is so naive to believe that Mika is going to help her, or she's just like Mika and is using whoever she can to achieve her goal, which is what?

Why do I keep flashing forward five years and it's Joe with the fourth Mrs. (Daniela Pierre Bravo) Scarborough who is sporting a 10 ct. sparkling tennis bracelet in that Palm Beach rag and Joe and Daniela explain how they bonded over scratching through the glass at Starbuck's so that madame's latte was the proper temperature and he regaling folks with tales of Publix runs for 2am sheet cake outbursts.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Why do I keep flashing forward five years and it's Joe with the fourth Mrs. (Daniela Pierre Bravo) Scarborough who is sporting a 10 ct. sparkling tennis bracelet in that Palm Beach rag and Joe and Daniela explain how they bonded over scratching through the glass at Starbuck's so that madame's latte was the proper temperature and he regaling folks with tales of Publix runs for 2am sheet cake outbursts.

Yes, please. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

she's just like Mika and is using whoever she can to achieve her goal

I know Mika doesn't like movies, but she really should rent "All About Eve" and take notes.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Yeah Mika you kinda are.  You have to get investors to like and trust you, as well as prove you know your shit.  

Or does it not occur to you that Joe is constantly pulling strings behind the scenes for you? He's making friends with TPTB so that you can have your little hobby. 

13 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

tales of Publix runs for 2am sheet cake outbursts.

Be careful what you wish for Joey, you just might get it. 

12 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I know Mika doesn't like movies, but she really should rent "All About Eve" and take notes.

I've been meaning to bring that up and keep forgetting to mention it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Apparently she's feeling some heat from Twitter or maybe even here about the KYV bullshit. She lives by the KYV philosophy you ingrates!!! Teach women to communicate while she can't read 10 words on a teleprompter without stumbling. And to know their value! As it relates to increasing her value!!!  JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!!  WE ARE THE BORG! YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!!! 

I am lmao at the "form healthy habits" comment below the image.  Sit on a table, wait for your "assistant" to bring your perfect coffee, scream at your husband when he insults you on air, stress eat a cake, run 5 miles. 

Repeat. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Apparently she's feeling some heat from Twitter or maybe even here about the KYV bullshit. She lives by the KYV philosophy you ingrates!!!

She'd be a lot more believable if she wasn't cashing in on her "philosophy."  

• Love 3
(edited)

That's pretty funny, Mika laying claim to a passion.   Siri and Alexa have more depth, I think.

"Teaching women to communicate effectively" says the woman who can't read off a teleprompter without multiple errors.

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Apparently she's feeling some heat from Twitter or maybe even here about the KYV bullshit. She lives by the KYV philosophy you ingrates!!! Teach women to communicate while she can't read 10 words on a teleprompter without stumbling. And to know their value! As it relates to increasing her value!!!  JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!!  WE ARE THE BORG! YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!!! 

I am lmao at the "form healthy habits" comment below the image.  Sit on a table, wait for your "assistant" to bring your perfect coffee, scream at your husband when he insults you on air, stress eat a cake, run 5 miles. 

Repeat. 

Yeah how about she takes her passion elsewhere?

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, meowmommy said:

She'd be a lot more believable if she wasn't cashing in on her "philosophy."  

And if she knew the value of proper grammar.

The replies to her Tweet are brutal.

Edited by XOQueens
Lol snarked on Mika and had crap grammar in mine...
  • Love 4

"Because I live by the KYV philosophy … And to know their value" 
The Know Your Value philosophy is to know your value? 
Well... I guess keep it simple, eh?  She really is a great communicator.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Landsnark said:

"Because I live by the KYV philosophy … And to know their value" 
The Know Your Value philosophy is to know your value? 
Well... I guess keep it simple, eh?  She really is a great communicator.

Did you see she did a KYV summit at USB office in Orlando and it was GREAT!!!!  I don't understand why any company would hire this nitwit to talk about women being promoted and paid fairly, when it is a known fact that she has been put in an elevated position because of her personal relationship with Joe. 

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Did you see she did a KYV summit at USB office in Orlando and it was GREAT!!!!  I don't understand why any company would hire this nitwit to talk about women being promoted and paid fairly, when it is a known fact that she has been put in an elevated position because of her personal relationship with Joe. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Barnicle's wife is the link here with her being in banking.  The whole thing is so incestuous, they just keep passing themselves and the chardonnay around.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Barnicle's wife is the link here with her being in banking.  The whole thing is so incestuous, they just keep passing themselves and the chardonnay around.

I just realized it was UBS.

USB is that computer sticky in thing. 

JK. One of my fave lines from Date Night. I know what a USB is.

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, XOQueens said:

The replies to her Tweet are brutal.

Did you see the graphic with the quote from Joe appearing on Imus? About Lori Klasutis?

JFC that was brutal.  I don't even know that it was real so I didn't want to post it here, he seriously couldn't have been that stupid to say that. 

• Love 3

Have any career women (other than the co- author of Earn It) used her KYV  advice, and have their careers actually benefited from her suggestions??? I wonder if, after a while, some readers will come forward and criticize the whole money maker as false and misleading???? Just wondering🤔

• Love 3
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I just realized it was UBS.

USB is that computer sticky in thing. 

JK. One of my fave lines from Date Night. I know what a USB is.

Me too! I love that movie, and you need to watch it several times,( well, at least I did), to hear all the funny lines....great minds think alike!!!

1 hour ago, cased said:

You guys will love this article 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-s-mentees-my-toughest-career-challenges-best-pieces-advice-ncna1008831

Especially this quote from Kasie Hunt:

“Mika took the time to teach me how to read a teleprompter”

Closely followed by this quote from Del Percio:

“In my field, [getting booked on “Morning Joe”] is like making it to the Super Bowl,” Del Percio said.

Holy cheese and crackers I am embarrassed for them if they don't have the sense to do it themselves.

Making it to the Super Bowl . . . snort!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, cased said:

You guys will love this article 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-s-mentees-my-toughest-career-challenges-best-pieces-advice-ncna1008831

Especially this quote from Kasie Hunt:

“Mika took the time to teach me how to read a teleprompter”

OMG this entire article is money!  The only one I will forgive is Heidi as I think she does great work outside of the MJ bubble and quite possibly didn't have much of a choice if she wanted her career to continue to move forward.

And that picture of her and Kasie just totally creeps me out.  Go have lunch with Andrea Mitchell, it's not too late!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 11:20 PM, Chloesmom said:

The only one I will forgive is Heidi as I think she does great work outside of the MJ bubble and quite possibly didn't have much of a choice if she wanted her career to continue to move forward.

But Heidi appears on a lot of the other shows, so I don't know why Mika "mentoring" her would benefit her in any way.

It sounds like Mika just gloms onto these women, "oh good you're here, so I need you to legitimize my 'so-called' expertise by telling people I mentored you. No, it doesn't matter if I really did or not, you're missing the point. Look you like coming on the show, right?  So that will keep happening if you do this little favor for me. Or if you'd rather go be on CNN....  It's up to you. "  

image.png.0d08b5001643e93163457effc3c5531f.png

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3

There is a great article on Mediaite about Meeka's obvious and over-the-top "baiting" (their words) of Barnicle and someone else on yesterday's show regarding Memorial Day/Trump.  Since Mediate is usually pushes The Twins at just about every opportunity, I have to wonder what's up.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I just read that article on Mediaite.  Why even talk about him? Just focus on the day and who is being honored. 

On 5/23/2019 at 11:12 PM, Chloesmom said:

In my field, [getting booked on “Morning Joe”] is like making it to the Super Bowl,” Del Percio said.

Does she know what the Super Bowl is? 

Kiss ass much, Susan? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Huh? The Super Bowl???? What's with all these ridiculous praises regarding JoMeeka??? Did MSNBC pay these people to say all this stuff???? No wonder those two have such massive egos, all this phony adulation would cause anyone's ego to fly off the charts. I think the teleprompter quote is actually pretty funny considering how Mika struggles with it almost daily. Guess the "student" got smarter than the "teacher"????

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Huh? The Super Bowl???? What's with all these ridiculous praises regarding JoMeeka??? Did MSNBC pay these people to say all this stuff???? No wonder those two have such massive egos, all this phony adulation would cause anyone's ego to fly off the charts. I think the teleprompter quote is actually pretty funny considering how Mika struggles with it almost daily. Guess the "student" got smarter than the "teacher"????

I think she just got whoever was weak willed enough and still thinks it's folly to piss off Joe Scarborough.  

Heidi is an up and comer, and maybe she figures, who is even going to read that crap so why not just do it to make Mika happy, and bide my time til I get on to bigger and better things. 

If Mika got Christianne Amanpour, Judy Woodruff someone like that to say how great she is, it might be different.

I don't see Oprah coming on and thanking Mika for all the work she does to help women get ahead. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, stormy said:

I swear to God if she ever got a veteran female journalist to sing her praises, I would plotz!

Ah, but Stormy, she thinks she IS a veteran female journalist, and those who truly are, don't need (or want) her career advice. She's strategically targeting young, impressionable women with those  bogus  books and tours. And making lots of money, too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Ah, but Stormy, she thinks she IS a veteran female journalist, and those who truly are, don't need (or want) her career advice. She's strategically targeting young, impressionable women with those  bogus  books and tours. And making lots of money, too.

This is perfectly illustrated with her comment about being "one of the first reporting on the scene in lower Manhattan on Sept 11".

Except she wasn't sent down there by CBS, she just happened to be there, so she called in. 

I guarantee if CBS had its druthers, Mika would not be their choice to cover the most important news story of the last 20 years. 

• Love 2

Oh man.  Here she is speaking as that bastion of feminism the Town and Country Magazine Philanthropy Summit:

Poor Andrea Mitchell who just got another Lifetime Achievement award a couple of weeks ago, she must be so jealous.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oh Wow! I had no idea that she just happened to be in lower Manhattan on 9/11. From what I have heard, she makes it sound like she was quickly dispatched to report on that horrific day. How can anyone take her seriously, especially knowing how she misrepresents herself???? Do Heidi, Katie, Kasie and Nicolle know this????

• Love 1

Tried to get through her video but couldn't stomach it. All the "ummms", "rights?", and shuffling through her papers to try to sell herself as a great and strong communicator...uh, no. The person who hired her for this mini-shaminar just must have been cringing. Probably another NBC crony. She and her little pet "dreamer" showed up on CNBC this am; Mika again tells about the girl lying on her resume/applications re:where she's from. How is this acceptable?! VALUE, my ass. I'm sure you guys saw her tweet or article about her great strength in accepting herself and not caring about her looks anymore... "No more botox,etc." Easy to say after having all the work done already. Such a bitch. ..felt left out when the female colleague admitted to having hidden an unfortunate disconcerting birthmark her whole life and has now accepted it . THAT is strong; refusing botox is meek, Meeks. (Of course she still bleaches her hair.) Sick loser.

• Love 4

And the hits just keep on coming.  Nothing like promoting a girl's night out under your KYV brand account and oh good heavens is she getting paid for displaying that awful handbag?  Who carries a purse like that?  And boy Laura looks like she is having the time of her life (Mika's daughter looks fabulous!):

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

And the hits just keep on coming.  Nothing like promoting a girl's night out under your KYV brand account and oh good heavens is she getting paid for displaying that awful handbag?  Who carries a purse like that?  And boy Laura looks like she is having the time of her life (Mika's daughter looks fabulous!):

Lol her Laura Brown birthday shoutout was about Mika (and Joe). Typical.

I feel for her daughter. I really do. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Lol her Laura Brown birthday shoutout was about Mika (and Joe). Typical.

I feel for her daughter. I really do. 

And that's what makes the whole thing so sad.   This is the daughter in particular that I really am interested in so it was tough to see her as a prop for mom's book tour.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

Oh Wow! I had no idea that she just happened to be in lower Manhattan on 9/11. From what I have heard, she makes it sound like she was quickly dispatched to report on that horrific day. How can anyone take her seriously, especially knowing how she misrepresents herself???? Do Heidi, Katie, Kasie and Nicolle know this????

She may have been working on something else,  but from what she has said, that I recall, she "just happened" to be there, and started calling in reports. She wasn't sent down there to cover the attacks. No one was. The police and fire depts wouldn't have let anyone go down there, as they were trying to get everyone out.  

Why, in this most important story, would they send Mika down there? Not a nightly news anchor, or someone of significance?   The networks were taking calls from anyone who lived in the area, or just got out of the buildings, etc. 

If she's such a first class journalist, where are all the big breaking stories she covers? Why was she always getting fired or close to getting fired? Why was she reading news at 3 am on MSNBC if she's such an ace reporter? 

It can't be that "no one understands my value". Maybe it's, you're not that good Mika, I mean you've been doing this for YEARS and you still can't read a teleprompter. 

The best job she ever got was with Joe Scarborough? Who only got this show because Don Imus was a racist? 

Oh, that's right, the "Super Bowl" of morning news shows. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

It occurred to me that maybe these  young working women haven't see Meeks on MJ, and have no idea how badly she performs and constantly defers to Joe? Most likely, they are getting ready for work and don't have the time to watch TV. How else can KYV and Earn It  be so profitable? I guess they haven't yet figured out the famous last name, and affair with the boss, that she doesn't mention.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

How else can KYV and Earn It  be so profitable? I guess they haven't yet figured out the famous last name, and affair with the boss, that she doesn't mention.

But is it?  Successful and profitable?   Or is it a vanity project funded by Hubby? 

I just read an article in the local biz journal that local news does not grab the younger demo, and they're struggling to figure out how to get the youngs to watch. So why would young people watch a couple 50 year olds on cable news at 6 am?  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

that bastion of feminism the Town and Country Magazine Philanthropy Summit

😂😂😂😂🤣
Know Your Value, rich socialites!
Let's all please remember she hated Hillary because of Hillary's monied connections.  JFC

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

So why would young people watch a couple 50 year olds on cable news at 6 am? 

And for a large swath of the country, it comes on at 3 am.  Oh, I know, they come home after a night of partying, or they finish pulling an all-nighter, and think, "I just gotta watch MJ."

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

But is it?  Successful and profitable?   Or is it a vanity project funded by Hubby? 

Or worse, is it a vanity project funded by MSNBC, and by derivation, your cable dollars?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Or worse, is it a vanity project funded by MSNBC, and by derivation, your cable dollars?

Well then they better be paying for Rachel Maddow's expenses for her next book. 

16 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

"I just gotta watch MJ."

More like, 3 am - Everybody Loves Raymond on TBS. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Mika is not a slave to outsiders telling her how to dress anymore!!!  It takes 5 pics in the same dress to prove it to you. 

I will say the photos of Mika back in the day are pretty indicative of how much of a slave of plastic surgery she became. A couple of them I didn't even recognize her. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-body-image-i-m-no-longer-slave-outside-expectations-ncna1008931

Oh FFS. Directly below the header in the NBC article Mika on body image: 'I'm no longer a slave to outside expectations': "I want to spend my time in better ways. I’m finally figuring out that a happy me looks better than an 'enhanced' me" there is a photo montage of four poses with her third nose, a tight dress, 6-inch heels and her signature platinum bleach job. 

The Mar-A-Lago NYE brouhaha was about her throat lift which 45 mischaracterized as a face lift. She and Joe verified this, mentioning that 45 wanted the name of her plastic surgeon. She recently (during the time Stormy Daniels hit the news) had at least the second (and perhaps the third) boob job. About a year ago, she was recovering from liposuction during those two weeks she wore kimonos on air.

She married Sugar Joey at just the right time for him to vanity-spend KYV into the stratosphere - his alimony payments expired and his kids are just about aged out of child support. 

Evidently the Teleprompter Barbie transformation is complete and, conveniently, a happy me looks better than an 'enhanced' me. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Suomi...great, funny post!  Teleprompter Barbie...perfect.  And what in God's name is a throat lift?  It sounds kind of dangerous - isn't the carotid artery around the throat? (I didn't not ace any kind of science or biology class).   If it is due to wrinkles, maybe wear a scarf or necklace...classic pearls; just ask Sarah Sanders.  I always pity those poor pearls she has - they look like they are straining around that neck of hers.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Kemper said:

And what in God's name is a throat lift? 

I think it's when they pull the skin around your neck up. They would probably make incisions at the side and then lift up that loose skin so you don't have the sagging around the jaw and front of the throat.  Just a guess. 

Yeah she's focusing on being happy, she's got Joe's millions to fund her bullshit, and she can have a melt down with chocolate cake and a 5K whenever he doesn't do what she wants. 

• Love 1