Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

It just seems similar to 3x04. With Felicity having that 30 sec appearance. Someone mentioned that Laurel Brown works inside the CW offices and might have more insight.

I think she was being facetious about being "contractually obligated" because Felicity's (and Diggle's) appearance in the flashbacks were of the fan service variety, since it's highly unlikely that Oliver would nearly run into the two people he was going to work so closely with in the future. 

• Love 6

This reviewer compares "The Return" to Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan...

We All Know Which Movie Last Night's Arrow Was Referencing, Right?

Esther Inglis-Arkell  Yesterday 8:20am

http://io9.com/we-all-know-which-movie-last-nights-arrow-was-referenci-1686704309

And if you scroll down in the comments, you get Marc Guggenheim saying how Inglis-Arkell is the only reviewer/recapper to get the Kahn reference.

• Love 2

In general, I didn’t want to know that Oliver already knew how messed up everyone’s lives had become after his apparent death because so much of the early drama in the first season was about him coming to terms with that... So, it was an episode I enjoyed watching but kind of intellectually rejected...

http://weminoredinfilm.com/2015/02/19/arrows-the-return-s3ep14-the-danger-of-rewriting-your-own-history/

Wow someone articulated exactly how I felt about the flashbacks.

How messed up were their lives shown to be? Thea's was troubled. Quentin was a wreck but he wasn't a loved one of Oliver's.Tommy and Laurel's lives looked good, I would even say Oliver coming back wrecked their lives.

http://www.examiner.com/article/arrow-s03e14-what-worked-what-didn-t-and-what-needs-to-happen-next

I don't know if this review has been posted but I pretty much agree with most of it, especially this:

From the beginning, “Arrow” was presented as the story of one man’s journey from cold-blooded killer into full-fledged hero. There have been missteps along the way, and the series isn’t exactly sweeping the awards circuit for its writing, but the characterization of Oliver and the portrayal by star Stephen Amell generally allowed a certain overall consistency to the narrative. Unfortunately, Season 3 has done a disservice to that consistency by treating the protagonist as a device retooled each week to serve the plot du jour. Oliver Queen stopped being written as the star of his own story, and his “death” now feels like an attempt to oust Amell from the main action and force focus elsewhere in his absence. Oliver didn’t pass the torch to anyone; the torch was pried from his cold, dead(ish) fingers to facilitate the rises of lesser characters.
Edited by Guest

^^ This. This show was not designed as an ensemble and their attempts to make it into the TV JLA and a launching pad for spinoffs has done terrible things to their narrative. A show called Arrow should be primarily about the Arrow, not about all of the sidekicks and newcomers. We're more than halfway through the season and it still sucks. I think s3 will end up being a write off and one I never watch again.

• Love 11

http://www.examiner.com/article/arrow-s03e14-what-worked-what-didn-t-and-what-needs-to-happen-next

I don't know if this review has been posted but I pretty much agree with most of it, especially this:

Great review!  The writer of this article, Laura Hurley, is the one reviewer at the Examiner that I like.  That website usually has multiple reviews by different people of Arrow episodes.  

Hurley also contributes articles to WhatCulture.com (she wrote that article about "5 Characters That Would Make A Better Black Canary" that's posted earlier in this thread). 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I always enjoy reading Rich Epstein's somewhat snarky reviews at Bleeding Cool...

The Mindset To Become A Vigilante – Recapping Arrow 3.14: ‘The Return’
By Rich Epstein   Posted February 21, 2015 b
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/21/mindset-become-vigilante-recapping-arrow-3-14-return/

The two begin to follow Kang, in the most unsubtle way possible. Maseo is dressed in a business suit, while Oliver is unshaven and wearing a baseball hat and soon-to-be-familiar green hoodie... People tend to notice two such mismatched people together...
I really get the feeling that ARGUS agents are not particularly competent. I mean, Waller apparently has a ton of people working for her but needs to force an unwilling Oliver to do everything...
I love Malcolm Merlyn, and not just because he looks so much like Captain Jack Harkness...
I love Diggle and Felicity as much as anyone, but there was no real reason to include them in this episode. It feels a little too much like R2D2 and C-3PO in The Phantom Menace. They are here because they think the viewers want to see these characters five years earlier, not because it actually makes sense for either of them to be involved in the plotline....
He calls her a golddigger. I would consider him a complete bastard for talking to his own daughter like that, but, on the other hand, it’s Laurel...
“So now you’ve lost your father, your mother, and now your little sister. How’s the girl with the glasses? What’s her name? Felicity. How many people can Oliver Queen lose before there is no more Oliver Queen?” Oh hell no. You can threaten Thea all you like, but you do not mess with Felicity.
I am really starting to like Thea. She is a badass who is, for the most part, both tough and smart. She is becoming the anti-Laurel. She continues to train, not because she is trying to be something she’s not, but because she wants to be able to protect herself. Unlike Laurel, who seems to have stopped training but insists on putting herself in danger. And Thea is able to do what needs to be done...
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

GeekDad is back with their critical review of "The Return"..

Same Geek Channel Review ‘Arrow’ Episode 314 “The Return”
Posted on 20 February, 2015 by Mordechai Luchin
http://geekdad.com/2015/02/arrow-314/

The condescending, patronizing and immature attitudes some of the characters on Arrow have toward the others, especially Ollie, has been one of these most annoying elements of the show...
Uh-oh. I worry now that Captain Lance is angry that he’ll die, because Arrow always goes for the maximum angst, whatever it is or whether it makes sense or not... Like Thea being brainwashed to kill Sara so Malcolm can get Ollie to fight Ra’s. That’s a dumb idea to base the season on. That’s as dumb as Slade blaming Ollie for Shado’s death. If Malcolm thought Ollie lacked his killer instinct, why did he want Ollie to fight Ra’s anyway? Because even Ollie admits Malcolm has a better chance of winning.

The only thing dumber that having a white guy as your secret agent in Hong Kong is having the guy running around the one city where everyone knows his face.  Seriously, everyone. I get the biometrics excuse, but still, dumb spycraft.
But, wait, we have one more secret Laurel doesn’t know because the first rule of Arrow is that Laurel is always the last to know...
That’s my biggest issue with Malcolm wanting Ollie’s killer edge back. Isn’t that essentially the only thing keeping Merlyn alive? He’s a mass murdering madman who is responsible for the death of Ollie’s father, his best friend, and countless others. Why the hell is he alive at all? ... If Ollie is back to killing people, Malcolm has to be #1 on his list.
I know, I’m supposed to root for the heroes to be good people but Malcolm has achieved Joker-level heights in his murder spree. It’s time to either lock him up or kill him.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Here's Jessica Breaux's usual thoughtful review at TV Equals...

Arrow “The Return” Review (Season 3, Episode 14)
Jessica Breaux  February 20, 2015
http://www.tvequals.com/2015/02/20/arrow-return-review-season-3-episode-14/

The lives that Thea, Tommy, Laurel, and Det. Lance were living (and the pain they were carrying with them) wasn’t something Oliver could’ve fixed even if he had chosen to stay in Starling City because each of them was living out the consequences of how they chose to handle their grief...
The confrontation between Oliver and Slade Wilson was much more anticlimactic than it should have been and I was pretty disappointed... Slade knows that island just as well as Oliver; if not better. It didn’t make any sense to me that Slade hadn’t set up any traps for Oliver and Thea...
People are allowed to keep some things to themselves. It doesn’t mean they love you any less nor does it mean you can’t trust them simply because they don’t reveal everything there is to know about themselves and their past...
I really loved how when Laurel tried to turn it around and basically claim it was [Quentin's] fault that she put on Sara’s mask, he didn’t let her get away with changing the focus and laying blame on someone else. He brought it right back down to the core issue. It’s not that Laurel put on Sara’s mask. It’s that Laurel repeatedly lied to him. It was choices Laurel made that destroyed the trust between them...
Thea’s declaration that she’s no longer Malcolm’s daughter rings a bit hollow to me. It never made sense that she trusted him in the first place.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

This review gives some needed back story to viewers who never read the comics (like me) and reflects a lot of fans' frustration - whole thing is definitely worth reading...

A Penny For Your Thoughts on Arrow 03×14 – “The Return” Review With Spoilers; In Which Captain Jack Seriously Needs a Parenting Class

by Penny Sautereau on February 20, 2015
http://insidepulse.com/2015/02/20/a-penny-for-your-thoughts-on-arrow-03x14-the-return-with-spoilers-in-which-captain-jack-seriously-needs-a-parenting-class/

... Thea has been training to fight for all of about 7 months. Ollie’s training lasted 5 years and was kind of patchworked. Malcolm, once again, has 20 years of consistent training with lethal assassins. The only reason Ollie even survived combat with Malcolm at the end of season 1 is because he was willing to stab himself with an arrow just to impale Malcolm with it.
Now, can someone PLEASE explain to me why in the bloody blue (expletive deleted) Malcolm felt that in order to get Ra’s off his ass he felt he needed to send a young man who’s ass he has REPEATEDLY kicked to do his fighting for him against a man he clearly doesn’t think he himself could ever beat? To the point of using a mind-altering drug to force his barely-out-of-combat-training-diapers daughter to murder Sara, thus guaranteeing the League wants him dead even more?

Seriously? No f**king SERIOUSLY? What was he thinking? The League was unaware of Thea’s true parentage. Up to the end of Season Two only 3 people knew about it at all. Thea would NEVER have been in danger from the League AT ALL had Malcolm stayed away. And Ollie? Ollie is good. He’s a legit badass, parkouring around the city kicking ass. But 5 years of patchwork training with multiple teachers and 2 years of self-guided practice training sparring with an Army vet does NOT prepare someone for tackling a man who has been fighting since his childhood. Malcolm can’t POSSIBLY have actually believed Ollie had a hope in hell of killing Ra’s in a duel, and he certainly can’t think Thea can fend off trained assassins after only 7 months of combat training. So why did an otherwise brilliant trained warrior think setting up the Queen siblings would magically solve his problem? He made Thea kill Sara to motivate Ollie to kill Ra’s.

Idiot Ball Superbowl MVP 2015; Malcolm F**king Merlyn folks.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

Great review!  The writer of this article, Laura Hurley, is the one reviewer at the Examiner that I like.  That website usually has multiple reviews by different people of Arrow episodes.  

Hurley also contributes articles to WhatCulture.com (she wrote that article about "5 Characters That Would Make A Better Black Canary" that's posted earlier in this thread). 

Thanks for this. I'm going to catch up on what she's written previously because that whole review was spot on.

This review includes DC Comics references...

Arrow Season 3, Episode 14 Watch: DCU Connections And Easter Eggs
BY JESSE CARP  3 DAYS AGO
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Arrow-Season-3-Episode-14-Watch-DCU-Connections-Easter-Eggs-70145.html

The writers probably thought reducing last year's nemesis [slade] to a villain-of-the-week would make this year seem even larger, like even more of an event, but bringing back the second season's super-successful big-bad only highlighted how disappointing the third has been by comparison. And there haven't been nearly enough DCU Easter eggs to make up for the mediocrity...
Colin Donnell's Tommy is doing his best to keep her [Thea] in line but why should she listen to him? He's "not her brother." Nice. Was anyone else getting a Luke and Leia vibe? Gross.
As sick as I am of the 'why didn't you tell me?' drama on this show, it was cool to hear him utter the words Black Canary. Now join us in pouring one out for our homie, Sara…
Edited by tv echo

Yet another article criticizing Season 3 of Arrow (entire article is worth reading)..

Monday Morning Critic: Why ‘Arrow’ is Suffering This Season
Ryan McGee | February 9, 2015 @ 12:12 PM
http://screencrush.com/monday-morning-critic-arrow-season-3/

After producing a stellar second season, The CW’s costumed superhero drama is suffering somewhat from what we in the industry call “Where Do We Go From Here”-itis...
But whereas Oliver and Slade had a built-in history (and therefore, built-in emotional conflict), Oliver versus R’as feels more like fanfic than actual conflict. ...
[Ra's] presence has contorted characters to act in ways that make them do things for the sake of the plot rather than out of organic reactions to ongoing situations.  No relationship has suffered as much as Oliver and Felicity Smoak.....
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

Yet another article criticizing Season 3 of Arrow (entire article is worth reading)..

Monday Morning Critic: Why ‘Arrow’ is Suffering This Season

Ryan McGee | February 9, 2015 @ 12:12 PM

http://screencrush.com/monday-morning-critic-arrow-season-3/

I agree with this:

The 180-degree turn that her character did in last week’s “Uprising” gave me whiplash: Felicity went from being ecstatic at Oliver’s return to essentially calling him a girlfriend killer within the space of five minutes. Oliver agreeing to work with Merlyn did not earn that strong a reaction, which sold Felicity up the river in order to push her back into Ray Palmer’s court.

• Love 2

The 180-degree turn that her character did in last week’s “Uprising” gave me whiplash: Felicity went from being ecstatic at Oliver’s return to essentially calling him a girlfriend killer within the space of five minutes. Oliver agreeing to work with Merlyn did not earn that strong a reaction, which sold Felicity up the river in order to push her back into Ray Palmer’s court.

If they think she called him a girlfriend killer and that's why Felicity was so mad then they didn't understand the scene.  The turnaround was still whiplash fast but that was more on Oliver for going right to business.  I disagree about Oliver agreeing to work with Merlyn not earning that strong of a reaction.  The whole episode set it up.  Again, they should have been able to keep talking and come to some understanding, so yeah, it's just a contrivance to send her to Ray for a while, but it's not over dead girlfriends. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 12

The discussion about those who have screened future episodes does NOT belong in the Media thread.  They are spoilers and should be discussed in the Spoiler Discussion thread.  Further Posts will be deleted.

The Arrow producers were interviewed about tonight's episode.  Some details on upcoming episodes but nothing really spoilery...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/26/arrow-producers-on-the-latest-move-by-ras-al-ghul

This line by Kreisberg in particular made me laugh (and get annoyed too)...

There are a lot of people who believe that Oliver and Laurel should be together and people who believe Oliver and Felicity should be together. We’re not sure how it’s all going to end up, we just do what’s right at the time.

When he says a "lot of people" believe Oliver and Laurel should end up together, is he referring to the entire Arrow writing staff?

I have no doubt that Oliver and Laurel is their preferred endgame.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1

The Arrow producers were interviewed about tonight's episode.  Some details on upcoming episodes but nothing really spoilery...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/26/arrow-producers-on-the-latest-move-by-ras-al-ghul

This line by Kreisberg in particular made me laugh (and get annoyed too)...

When he says a "lot of people" believe Oliver and Laurel should end up together, is he referring to the entire Arrow writing staff?

I have no doubt that Oliver and Laurel is their preferred endgame.

It boggles my mind that a Toxic relationship like Oliver and Laurel is a legitimate choice for Endgame, no Chemistry, sister swapping UGH so not sexy

• Love 5

I think a lot of comic fans (of which the EPs are) think Green Arrow & Black Canary should be together because comics!  Not sure if that applies to Oliver and Laure though.  That was the original idea...they just didn't think casting in a show might be important.     

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 9

Here's Robert Dougherty's review of "Nanda Parbat" (he rated it a 5 out of 10 - ouch!).  I wanted to quote the entire article, but instead I'll just recommend reading it...

Arrow S3: E15 -- 'Nanda Parbat'
By Robert Dougherty February 26, 2015 08:26AM EST
http://www.themovienetwork.com/review/arrow-s3-e15-nanda-parbat

And then while Oliver is off fighting, the writers make Felicity part of something at the exact same time that….is too rage inducing to go into. It would have been true even without what happens afterwards, and all the easy vomit inducing jokes that can be made from it -- as if the methods to get Brandon Routh into his first super suit since Superman Returns weren't shaky enough. So suffice to say, I will let others vomit all over themselves while ranting and groaning, at least for now.

The bending and twisting of Oliver and Felicity for the sake of plot – for ill-advised and pointless plot at that – has already been established as an albatross over Season Three, and is especially true in Nanda Parbat.  What’s worse in this case is that it drags down the actual powerful, redeeming moments that the episode still somehow has anyway.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Ryan McGee @TVMcGee

What a gobsmackingly dumb cliffhanger. It's like the show wants me to walk away. #Arrow

I'm guessing he and Mo Ryan won't be doing a special "Arrow is so awesome!" podcast this May.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 12

Here's Jessica Breaux's review of "Nanda Parbat" (another nicely written article).  She likes to focus on the characters, which I like - but she's more generous about this episode than I am...

Arrow “Nanda Parbat” Review (Season 3, Episode 15)
Jessica Breaux   February 26, 2015
http://www.tvequals.com/2015/02/26/arrow-nanda-parbat-review-season-3-episode-15/

Humans are complex creatures, but few things are more complex than human emotion. It influences our decisions and colors our perception. Emotions can be the cause of some of our greatest triumphs, but also the cause of some of our worst defeats. Emotions can also cause us to do some monumentally stupid things. Which is what happened to some folks in this week’s Arrow....
Edited by tv echo

These articles only focus on comic references and Easter eggs in "Nanda Parbat"...

ARROW ANNOTATIONS: S03E15 "NANDA PARBAT"
Written by ThanosCopter on Thursday, February 26 2015
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/130740-arrow-annotations-s03e15-nanda-parbat.html

Arrow Season 3, Episode 15 Watch: DCU Connections And Easter Eggs
BY JESSE CARP  7 HOURS AGO
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Arrow-Season-3-Episode-15-Watch-DCU-Connections-Easter-Eggs-70297.html

Another 'Pointed Commentary' by Matt D. Wilson (love the snark - made me laugh in several places, which is something I thought I'd never say about this episode)..

‘Arrow’ Season 3 Recap, Episode 15: ‘Nanda Parbat’
by Matt D. Wilson February 26, 2015 10:00 AM
http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-season-3-recap-episode-15-nanda-parbat/

This week: Both Queen siblings play out their death wishes, Nyssa al Ghul gets cagey, and a certain legally-distinct-from-Iron-Man flying suit of armor makes an appearance.
I [k]now Ra's likely knows all this because he's got League of Assassins eyes everywhere, but I like to think he's just a big fan of the show. Like, in his spare time, he concocts theories about how Tommy Merlyn might not be dead. He ships Ollie and Amanda Waller.
Dig and Ollie show up at Nanda Parbat dressed up as cartoon thieves. They should be carrying giant sacks with dollar signs drawn on them...
He suits up and... let me be honest. It's not great. It's one part Captain America, two parts Iron Man and a big dash of NFL SuperPro, all on a TV budget. It isn't all that far removed from MANTIS, is what I'm saying.
Laurel openly worries that if Malcolm dies, she'll lose absolutely everything about Sara. if she remembers Sara's laugh. Laurel, really, watch those head injuries.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

On the matter of Oliver's relationship with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Amell is not particularly optimistic. "Felicity is about to get into a real relationship with Ray (Brandon Routh), and that's always been dangling out there. I think you'll see those two committing before you see Oliver and Felicity committing," says Amell. "If ever."

With this, plus how chill Felicity was about him going off to probably die again, and starting to get over his death in like a week, it seems really clear that it is not happening and that Felicity does not love him, if she ever did.  At this point I don't care about Olicity, but I am bummed that she doesn't even seem to care much about him as a friend anymore.

• Love 2

The Vulture review of "Nanda Parbat" (seems rather subdued but still worth reading)...

Arrow Recap: Chains Keep Them Together
By Jenny Raftery  February 26, 2015 10:20 a.m.
http://www.vulture.com/2015/02/arrow-recap-season-3-episode-15.html

You know who else is not going to be alone? Felicity. She’s still processing that the unrequited love of her life is actively choosing to go to his death again, when she visits Ray’s apartment to make sure he’s not going all Dr. Frankenstein with his Atom project. When Ray comes out of his bedroom shirtless (your move, Amell!), I know that the Felicity-Ray hookup is inevitable. Sigh.

I take some comfort in the fact that the dialogue leading up to them sleeping together makes it clear that Felicity is still very much not over Oliver. (Case in point: When Ray confesses that when he’s with Felicity, he doesn’t think about his mission as Atom, she practically jumps him. Projection, much?)...

But Ra’s has no interest in killing Oliver: He wants Oliver to take Ra’s place as the head of the League of Assassins.

That sound you hear? That’s Nyssa’s head hitting the assassin glass ceiling.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

They are clearly setting up the switch from Oliver/Felicity back to Oliver/Laurel. Look at the way Amell has changed the way he talks about Felicity. I still stand by the idea that the EPs want to spin Felicity off on to the new Atom show and this is a set-up to do that.

• Love 1

I wonder why he felt the need to answer that question that way? I mean, I get it, the Raylicity train is leaving the station, all aboard or whatever. But they know the ship base is HUGE and I just don't understand not only pushing the Ray/Felicity storyline on the show but also actively trying to kill any hope of it in the future? Wouldn't it make more sense to give people a little something to hold on to, even if they really don't ever intend on going there with Felicity and Oliver again? They did the same thing last year after the Sara lunge, and it's just kind of stupid in my opinion.

I think the writing is clearly on the wall that they've changed directions on the show. There's a reason Amell seems less than enthused about this season and that his PR appearances haven't hyped up the show all that much.

• Love 7

I think the writing is clearly on the wall that they've changed directions on the show. There's a reason Amell seems less than enthused about this season and that his PR appearances haven't hyped up the show all that much.

Nah, I don't think so, at least not ship-wise. He was pretty optimistic about it in the summer, and I'm assuming he knew the general paces Oliver and the gang was going to be put through. And he said positive things about Oliver and Felicity at the Dallas con which was just a few weeks ago, and he had to have read up to episode 19 at that point. It's just the typical ship stall, will they-won't they, let's frustrate the audience kind of thing, which is kind of what happened after they stalled the Olicity train last year with Sara. I just think it's a little bit of a strange tactic.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

I normally like this writer's reviews, but I have mixed feelings about this one...

On Arrow, Everyone's Best Weapon is Honesty, And It's Fantastic
Esther Inglis-Arkell 13 minutes ago
http://io9.com/on-arrow-everyones-best-weapon-is-honesty-and-its-fan-1688143828

Let's consider this. Felicity inadvertently helped Ray get control over Queen Consolidated. She partnered up with him to build the business and the supersuit. And she sexed him into an epiphany. She's been helping Ollie since about five episodes into the first season, and she's been pretty much running his lair and finding most of his criminals for him. Even her college boyfriend built his major scheme around her work. She even (briefly) dated Barry.

It's all her. Clearly she's the power behind the superheroes. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Felicity "The Kingmaker" Smoak.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Quite apart from the romance stuff, I think it's very possible that he's cottoned on to the fact that these writers will throw him and this show under the bus at the very first opportunity, if there's a chance to introduce a new, cool superhero character. He's supposed to be the leading man and defining force of this show, but they all seem more interested in putting guys in cheap costumes to run around making Oliver irrelevant.

Hell, they're even showing that any idiot with a mask can become a vigilante in no time at all. So much for Oliver's five years of hell.

• Love 4

These writers/producers have run away from every opportunity to go back to O/L...that is beyond obvious.  They may be screwing up Olicity but there has been 0 indication in either the show or the media that even remotely hints at O/L being back in play. 

As for SA's interview...might I point towards his interviews right around 213 last year?  How he started downplaying Olicity in January and right after 213 aired he started playing up O/S.  SA is toeing the company line, this is the same guy who kept giving interviews all through TCAs saying he's never filmed with KC as BC when he's got scenes with her in 313...why?  Because Oliver was supposed to be dead and he was following the company line.

• Love 10

I wonder why he felt the need to answer that question that way? I mean, I get it, the Raylicity train is leaving the station, all aboard or whatever. But they know the ship base is HUGE and I just don't understand not only pushing the Ray/Felicity storyline on the show but also actively trying to kill any hope of it in the future? Wouldn't it make more sense to give people a little something to hold on to, even if they really don't ever intend on going there with Felicity and Oliver again? They did the same thing last year after the Sara lunge, and it's just kind of stupid in my opinion.

Agreed. When I first read I was taken aback, I mean, wasn't he the one saying "it's darkest before the dawn"? But I believe wonderwall is right, and they are using this dumb tactic because they need to torture the fans.

These days I'm feeling like freaking Pollyanna. :/

• Love 1