Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

Interesting Nerdist interview with MG.  I wasn't sure which thread to put it in because it's got comments that could go in the Mind Your Surroundings thread (re Atom spin-off), it's got comments that could go in the Relationships thread (re Ray & Felicity), and it's got comments that could go in the Behind the Scenes thread (Atom costume) - so I put it here...

EXCLUSIVE: ARROW EXECUTIVE PRODUCER MARC GUGGENHEIM TALKS BRANDON ROUTH ATOM SPIN-OFF SHOW!
BY JOSEPH MCCABE ON JANUARY 11, 2015
http://www.nerdist.com/2015/01/exclusive-arrow-executive-producer-marc-guggenheim-talks-brandon-routh-atom-spin-off-show/

I wonder if MG was joking when he said they're already planning the Atom action figure.

Edited by tv echo

I'm really interested in this suit now - If they're not going full Iron Man, I wonder if he's just going to have, like...plates of armor with gadgetry on certain areas of his body so that it's more protection than a suit? Like something over his chest, some gadgety on his forearms and thighs and whatnot. 

Pedowitz Promotes More Mature, More Male CW #TCA15

Says network in ‘preliminary discussions’ for third DC show

1/11/2015 03:00:00 PM Eastern  By: Daniel Holloway

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/pedowitz-promotes-more-mature-more-male-cw-tca15/136969

Not to belabor the point, but it's interesting also to look back at Mark Pedowitz's comments from July of last year when he talked to the TCA about attracting male viewers and increasing diversity on his network (mentions Arrow and Flash):

The CW's Mark Pedowitz on Metrics, Genre and a 'Virgin'

by Lacey Rose, Marisa Guthrie 7/18/2014 10:26am PDT

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cws-mark-pedowitz-metrics-genre-719621

So who at the CW thought it would be a good idea to have an almost all-male, all-white panel representing Arrow/Flash before an audience of television critics?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The WB’s Arrow And Friends Join Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
by Mike Futter on January 13, 2015 at 09:04 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/13/the-wb-s-arrow-and-friends-join-lego-batman-3-beyond-gotham.aspx

The Arrow add-on pack for Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham assembles the heroes (and villains) of WB’s popular show. In addition to Oliver (voiced by Arrow star Stephen Amell), you’ll be able to play as John Diggle, Felicity Smoak, Arsenal, The Huntress, Black Canary, Slade Wilson (a.k.a. Deathstroke), and Malcolm Merlyn.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The WB’s Arrow And Friends Join Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

by Mike Futter on January 13, 2015 at 09:04 AM

I'm so happy for them, cast and crew.  A huge validation for the show's-verse.

Bonus, it's Sara's Black Canary, not Laurel.

LOL at the warning "Cartoon violence. 10+"

• Love 4

I might have to get that game, just so I can play the Arrow characters. The Lego games are usually fun and easy. 

I do love that Sara's Canary getting all these action figures and into the video games. Because for me, as of now she's the best live action version of the Black Canary. 

• Love 2

They mention that SA voice's Lego Oliver but do the other actors voice their own characters?

I haven't heard that EBR or DR did any voice over work so my guess is it's not them. I can't wait to play as Felicity.

I'll be playing this tonight. I enjoyed Lego Batman 3 but not as much as I did Lego Marvel. The story wasn't as fun for me. I have found the DLC levels almost more fun that the in-game levels. 

I just finished playing the Arrow DLC for Lego Batman 3. It took no time at all, but was a lot of fun. More fun than the game in general. The below video is a walkthrough; the dialogue throughout is pretty hilarious. It's just SA voice over-ing. I'm walking around outside the level as Felicity right now - she packs quite the punch. 

• Love 11

That dialogue is hilarious. And whoever thought up adding Adam West?

You can save Adam West in every level. And there's an entire Batman '66 bonus level where you play as characters from the TV show and Adam West does the narration.

• Love 4

I just finished playing the Arrow DLC for Lego Batman 3. It took no time at all, but was a lot of fun. More fun than the game in general. The below video is a walkthrough; the dialogue throughout is pretty hilarious. It's just SA voice over-ing. I'm walking around outside the level as Felicity right now - she packs quite the punch. 

Oh, that is so funny!  How did SA manage to do the entire voiceover without bursting out laughing... and Slade in stealth mode - LOL.  Llittle Lego Oliver is so cute.

Note that the news article includes Felicity among the "heroes (and villains) of the show."  ; )

• Love 3

All Hail The CW: How the Youth-Geared Network Became One of the Best on TV
By Kayti Burt  JAN 14, 2015
http://ww2.kqed.org/pop/2015/01/14/all-hail-the-cw-how-the-youth-geared-network-became-one-of-the-best-on-tv/

The CW manages to stay on television despite relatively low ratings because of its success in the coveted 18-49 demographic. And though the network has increased the number of men watching with the introduction of Arrow and The Flash, a majority of those viewers are still women. Perhaps this is why The CW is full of female characters and that shows with female leads don’t become That Show With the Female Lead.

David Ramsey talks about why Diggle's race and maskless status matter to him.

Not really spoilery.

For one thing, according to Ramsey, “Heroes don’t need costumes!” That was a pretty legitimate thing for the actor to say, seeing as he was surrounded by roughly a dozen actors appearing in costume on both Arrow and The Flash.

It was more than just a lack of a mask though. “Diggle is exceptional in his normalcy,” Ramsey pointed out. “He has no debate in his spirit between balancing that and his crime-fighting at night… That’s part of what makes him normal and makes him a leader.”

• Love 2

Here's another youtube video of Arrow DLC, showing all the Lego characters and some random gameplay (Felicity in action starting around 15:20)...

LEGO Batman 3 - Arrow DLC Pack (All Characters & Free Roam Gameplay)

(22.39)
  • Love 1

The game is fun. It's too bad the show can't have some of self aware humor that the game has. 

I loved Oliver saying something like "Continuity, shut up, sometimes I like to imagine myself back on the island wearing my Arrow costume"

• Love 2

Aw, I love that Lego Oliver rides a two-stroke bike. And that Felicity is wearing the pink shirt she wore when they first met. Nice to see some people appreciate her original wardrobe.

Still hate Nightwing's red costume. Boo. Bring back blue n' fingerstripes!

• Love 1

From Caity Lotz's panel:

No. When I originally auditioned for the show, they didn’t say “you’re playing The Canary” or “you’re playing Sara Lance.” I auditioned for a character named Lisa, and they wrote fake sides so you had no idea what you were really doing.

Didn't they do the fake sides thing for another character on the show, too? Or am I mixing it up with some other show?

Didn't they do the fake sides thing for another character on the show, too? Or am I mixing it up with some other show?

I think they did it for several characters, including Nyssa, and I think Slade too? Sides are posted online to sites that agents, actors, and press people have access to, so I think they've been trying to mask the recognizable comic book names to avoid leaks. I think the only one who wasn't masked was Barry, because they made the Flash is appearing on Arrow announcement before they had someone, and then even leaked the 3 dudes on the running for the role and everything, because Hollywood is never not ridiculous. :)

Also, that was a great interview with Caity Lotz. Whatever qualms I have with Sara and the writing for Sara, it really has nothing to do with CL. She's a class act. I wish The Mary sue would get to talk to more people from Arrow.

• Love 5

I loved CL's slight dig the writers for the overkill with Sara's death. "I'm surprised they didn't have me get hit with a truck too" or something like that. 

I love that the actors no longer on the show take shots at the writers. Celina Jade tweeted about Shado's death being pointless now that Sara's dead. Manu and Caity talk about how they had background in mind for their characters and played it that way then the writers threw them a curve ball and they had to completely change everything to fit that, even though it made no sense. They all managed to say stuff without sounding mean or spiteful. Which is a talent and I wish them all well on future projects. 

• Love 13

You can save Adam West in every level. And there's an entire Batman '66 bonus level where you play as characters from the TV show and Adam West does the narration.

Also, the Gray Ghost is one of the characters you can play as, which is the character Adam West voiced in Batman: The Animated Series.

Edited by Tangerine
  • Love 2

And boom, instant media coverage on a slow weekend. Well played.

At least CarterMatt covered it. Want to take bets GreenArrowTV won't?  And CarterMatt do redeem thenselves here

We’re going to cover this story extensively, mostly because we cannot help it.

Edited by statsgirl

It really bothers me when these entertainment sites can't even get details of a show they're supposed to be covering straight. Like that Matt Carter piece. When did Felicity ever "pursue" Oliver? *smh*

I wonder how Felicity would persue him. I don't think she's afraid of letting guys know she's interested but Oliver is...a special case. I'd love to see it happen. It'd be glorious :D

Also, that was a great interview with Caity Lotz. Whatever qualms I have with Sara and the writing for Sara, it really has nothing to do with CL. She's a class act. I wish The Mary sue would get to talk to more people from Arrow.

CL loves Arrow DLC too...

Caity Lotz @caitylotz  ·  Jan 15

Legoooooo

B7aIKAjCAAAwIuX.jpg

https://twitter.com/caitylotz

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2