Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

Maybe if one of the EPs had read Heart of a Girl before they started writing s3, we might not be disliking Ray so much. Your Bruce is exactly what Ray should have been.

(I'm so sorry about your cat. It's hard when a pet dies, especially unexpectedly.)

• Love 1

Question for those who use Archive of our own. Is there a way to bookmark where you are in a story? Because I seriously always forget which chapter I was on for some of the fics. I know I can get email hints when people drop new chapters, but I don't always check that email. I feel like there was a way to do it on FanFiction Net. But when I use the bookmark on AOO it has a different function. Just curious if there was an easy way to do it. Thanks!

Leaving this nice video here after reading all that chemistry talk in the Relationships thread ;) Just to be clear, I don't ship the actors, but I really do enjoy the chemistry they bring to their characters.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Question for those who use Archive of our own. Is there a way to bookmark where you are in a story? Because I seriously always forget which chapter I was on for some of the fics. I know I can get email hints when people drop new chapters, but I don't always check that email. I feel like there was a way to do it on FanFiction Net. But when I use the bookmark on AOO it has a different function. Just curious if there was an easy way to do it. Thanks!

I just leave the tab open, but i think the "mark for later" button is what you are looking for- note i have never used it before, so i may be wrong.

you can also check AO3 FAQ (which is located under "about") and see if there is anything written there.

• Love 1

I just leave the tab open, but i think the "mark for later" button is what you are looking for- note i have never used it before, so i may be wrong.

you can also check AO3 FAQ (which is located under "about") and see if there is anything written there.

The mark for later button doesn't bookmark certain chapters, it just keeps the entire story in your mark for later section, so that you can find it later when you want to read it. 

• Love 1

Am I the only growing annoyed by the growing number of Real Person stories in the Arrow fandom?

I'm just.. there has to be a way to make it stop, I just find it so disgusting (and I don't get disgusted easily).

And yep i'm ranting cause i just came across another on on AO3 and it pisses me off, especially when people leave positive comments on these stories.

• Love 1

Am I the only growing annoyed by the growing number of Real Person stories in the Arrow fandom?

I'm just.. there has to be a way to make it stop, I just find it so disgusting (and I don't get disgusted easily).

And yep i'm ranting cause i just came across another on on AO3 and it pisses me off, especially when people leave positive comments on these stories.

ewwwwwwwwww. NO. I never saw any but I can't believe that's happening. How gross

I have the Oliver/Felicity page bookmarked so I just go straight to that page so I don't even see anything else. I didn't even realize that people wrote RPF for Arrow!? (I remember there was one for Veronica Mars years ago, and I know they exist for other fandoms- usually reality shows). I do think that RPF should be more private, send it to your friends if you want, but to publish it is a bit weird. Especially now that actors are becoming more and more aware that fic exists and where they can find it... 

• Love 6

The real people anything story or videos squick me out.  I wish they didn't exist because I do enjoy the camaraderie we see between SA and EBR but I'm so aware of the crossed the line RealPeople stuff that I get nervous watching them normally interact for fear of what people are going to spin from it.  

• Love 3

I'm not a fan either, but I think RPF has always existed in fandoms, and it always will. It is annoying when things are tagged incorrectly though--was this one not tagged as RPF?

No it was tagged with the actors name, they're usually are properly tagged. And oh I know, they've been around since always!; I will shamefully admit to having read and wrote them when i was like 15 during my ER days- back at the turn of the century, i've just grown and realized how disgusting they are. i mean i guess it's one thing if the actors are dating each other or are single - it's still disgusting but less so, if you know what i mean, but when one of them is in a committed relationship and has a child.

I just wish actors who are aware of fanfic community would take a stand against it, it's just as bad as tabloids like National Inquire and the paparazzi in my opinion. :-/

• Love 1

Oh - these are too funny...

"Outside Verdant, Malcolm and Oliver speak about R’as. Malcolm warns him that he has yet to have anyone close to him die. Are we watching the same show?"

tumblr_inline_nn0gwc2WER1qb0kxc_500.jpg

"'I know who you are,' Felicity says, stepping closer and looking him in the eye. 'Whether you’re in a hood, or a suit…'"

tumblr_inline_nn0p9owq5o1qb0kxc_500.jpg

I especially liked her color analysis of the good-bye scene:

"Another quick insight into the goodbye scene. Roy is in his trademark red hoodie. It is meant to recall the kid he was when Oliver first found him, and it does. Every other character but Felicity is in black. She is in pinks and tans, and in the nighttime in the glare of the street lights, she almost glows, the light in so much darkness, Oliver’s light in his darkest moment. When Ray stares after Oliver, alone, the lights of the buildings behind him are red and blue, the colors of the ATOM suit. Once Felicity is gone, he will find his light in his mission. Kudos to the costume department and director on the lovely visuals."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

I've decided to get back into making music videos again and was wondering if anyone could either share their clips with me or tell me how to get clips.

If your making vids about Felicity/Olicity/Delicity/Basicallyanythingicity then Olicity Queen uploads all of her scenes onto youtube. All of them. Every single one. Even from the flash, which is great if the only thing you care about is Felicity cough*it is*cough

I'm a big fan of Olicity Queen's clip posting especially since I'm not currently watching the show, but how do I get the clips from youtube on my computer.  That's what I'm trying to figure out.

(edited)

So I tried the site and it didn't work for me at all.  I found out on google that there's a youtube download extension for firefox, and I'm going to give that a try.

Edited by Luckylyn

well... in some browsers *coughChromecough" you can download a currently playing flash video. if you google it you'll probably find a youtube showing how (it may also be possible in other browsers.) so you can always start playing an arrow episode from one of those websites that you can upload videos to, and than download the entire episode. this means you'll need to cut the clips you want yourself.

Edited by foreverevolving
(edited)

As unhappy as I've been with the show this season, I am glad that they made me care about the characters and get re-interested in making music videos.  It's a hobby I've missed.

Edited by Luckylyn
  • Love 7

Whoever did this, thank you a million times over. Yes! The song was used brilliantly. Exactly what I wanted from it.

Well, this was very great to watch. But seriously it killed one of the best secs of the scene which is how FAST OQ ripped his shirt off, all while not breaking eye contact. Impressive - he was all in & very eager. Also his hands seemed to find all different places to hide & disappear to.

• Love 8

Another great fan video (beautifully edited) using one of my all-time favorite songs -- pay attention to when the singer changes from the female voice to the male voice...

Oliver & Felicity || A Thousand Year {S1-S3}
Published on Apr 23, 2015, by Smoaking Queen

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Well, this was very great to watch. But seriously it killed one of the best secs of the scene which is how FAST OQ ripped his shirt off, all while not breaking eye contact. Impressive - he was all in & very eager. Also his hands seemed to find all different places to hide & disappear to.

That scene? You can almost see Oliver's thought process. Felicity steps back from the kiss and he looks disappointed for a split second and then realizes she's taking off her jacket and it was like "What? Clothes off? Oh thank God, yes please!" TBH, I'm stunned his arms didn't get tangled in the jacket with the haste he tried to get out of it, LOL! Also, taking off that shirt with his eyes fixed on her? Have mercy!

• Love 11