Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

Anyone else who were curious as to how Oliver and Felicity got back to PT after she saved him in the ATOM suit should read this fic. Actually, anyone who is a fan of this couple and want to read the fluffiest little fic in the world should read it. It's glorious. 

http://wagamiller.tumblr.com/post/119788219335/what-happens-now-like-logistically

My most favorite line: Felicity realises after ten blocks that walking back was a bad idea. Like an Oliver-level shitty decision.

• Love 3

Anyone else who were curious as to how Oliver and Felicity got back to PT after she saved him in the ATOM suit should read this fic. Actually, anyone who is a fan of this couple and want to read the fluffiest little fic in the world should read it. It's glorious. 

http://wagamiller.tumblr.com/post/119788219335/what-happens-now-like-logistically

My most favorite line: Felicity realises after ten blocks that walking back was a bad idea. Like an Oliver-level shitty decision.

I do like Wagamiller's fics. Are they on AO3 or Fanfiction? I've only found on tumblr so far

Olicity fans on Tumblr and Twitter are doing this project called #OlicityTravels and it's basically them posting photos/messages as if they're Oliver and Felicity. It's pretty cool and entertaining, especially with folks around the U.S. and the world participating. You can find the Tumblr ones here. And the tweets here.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah it's awesome. Original Team Arrow fans set up a thing where they use the letters of the alphabet with great words to honor the team. The last one I saw was the letter U as being unified.

Edited by olicityfan25
  • Love 1

Olicity fans on Tumblr and Twitter are doing this project called #OlicityTravels and it's basically them posting photos/messages as if they're Oliver and Felicity. It's pretty cool and entertaining, especially with folks around the U.S. and the world participating. You can find the Tumblr ones here. And the tweets here.

That's pretty cool - and imaginative.  Some of the posts are pretty funny too... like Felicity's letter to Tatsu thanking her for teaching Oliver how to do laundry.

• Love 2

That's pretty cool - and imaginative.  Some of the posts are pretty funny too... like Felicity's letter to Tatsu thanking her for teaching Oliver how to do laundry.

LOL! That's my friend's post! I really enjoy the ones that pull some details from the show and mix the info in the messages (like mentions of red wine, fear of heights and kangaroos, etc.) Smoak and Arrow also has this ongoing thing where Felicity apparently keeps track of Malcolm's shenanigans. It's hilarious.

• Love 2

A little self promotion.  A story for those not willing to wait around until season 4 to resolve the question of if Oliver can return to the mask and still be with Felicity.  (Raises hand. I so needed this.)

Distraction -

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4026526

@BkWurm1, you're such a fantastic writer! I could definitely feel the emotion like a swift punch in the gut! Seriously, your creative writing is just as eloquent as your posts on this site and I don't know how you do it! Half the time my comments are crap :p Don't get me started on my creative writing. It's crap too. 

That goes for everyone on this board who writes fics! I mean especially after this crappy season you guys could easily bitch all day, but y'all choose to positively contribute to the fandom. Kudos to all of you!

• Love 3
(edited)

Wonderwall, thank you. The premise has been percolating in the back of my mind since the final episode aired. It felt like unfinished business. Like I said, I needed this.

And don't dismiss your contributions. Yours is one of the voices I and I know others too, count on reading here in the forums.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
(edited)

This fan vid does a nice job of showing the progression of O&F's relationship over three seasons (plus, I've loved this song ever since I first heard it on Dawson's Creek)...

Oliver & Felicity || Bless The Broken Road {1x03 - 3x23}
Published on May 24, 2015, by SentenceFragments

And here's another fan vid where the song lyrics are matched to the scenes really well (with the help of some creative editing)...

Oliver & Felicity - Wildest dreams
Published on May 24, 2015, by andrajacsi

Edited by tv echo

Wonderwall, thank you. The premise has been percolating in the back of my mind since the final episode aired. It felt like unfinished business. Like I said, I needed this.

And don't dismiss your contributions. Yours is one of the voices I and I know others too, count on reading here in the forums.

*blushes* - pshh nooo, I have a hard time believing this literally 90% of my comments are a jumbled mess. But I do enjoy being on this board especially when my opinion differs with others. What can I say? I love debates :p 

But I agree with you, this is the conversation they deserve. Not only this but they need to talk about other things like Malcolm, Nyssa, Ray, Ra's, and Oliver not letting them in on the plan. I need more I sort of wish they didn't try to wrap everything in a bow tie this season. The show needs to suffer from the repercussions. 

• Love 1

Came across this quick fic of an Oliver/Felcity convo post-finale. And its absolutely beautiful. Similar to BkWurm1's fic (which was also beautiful & amazing!), I did not know how much I needed this scene until it was written.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4015423

I liked that one.  There is a lovely ebb and flow to it.

*blushes* - pshh nooo, I have a hard time believing this literally 90% of my comments are a jumbled mess. But I do enjoy being on this board especially when my opinion differs with others. What can I say? I love debates :p 

But I agree with you, this is the conversation they deserve. Not only this but they need to talk about other things like Malcolm, Nyssa, Ray, Ra's, and Oliver not letting them in on the plan. I need more I sort of wish they didn't try to wrap everything in a bow tie this season. The show needs to suffer from the repercussions. 

There are a lot of juicy emotional details to mine left over from the season.  It would be nice if next season they take some time to explore their real issues...but if not, I've probably read the better versions of those conversations already anyway.  ;)

• Love 2

There are a lot of juicy emotional details to mine left over from the season.  It would be nice if next season they take some time to explore their real issues...but if not, I've probably read the better versions of those conversations already anyway.  ;)

Don't discount yourself!! Yours was wonderful. It was the perfect balance between angst and fluff. And to be honest I haven't read a lot of fics where Oliver and Felicity fight about Oliver's stupid decisions this season, so thank YOU for writing it. It must've felt really cathartic.

• Love 2

I'm going to drop some fanfics in here, don't know if you know them, but if your looking for something to read these are some of the best out here.

Runs in the family http://archiveofourown.org/works/3855727/chapters/8609950by Dettiot she's also writing Core Curriculum series, that are a must read if you like smut fics http://archiveofourown.org/series/254224

The Phoenix http://archiveofourown.org/works/3556271/chapters/7831586by SuperSillyAndDorky06 and i can't tell you enough how much i like her writing, she writes Felicity amazingly. She has more fics but this one is my favorite

The Reluctant Queen http://archiveofourown.org/works/2674541/chapters/5980481by  December_Daughter, another awesome writer

Second Chances https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10776249/1/Second-Chancesby fanfics4you, i could go on and on about how perfect this fic is, and how brilliant the writer is, but honestly read it. She was 16 when she started the fic, we discuss the chapters on twitter like it's the show

I hope this is a good contribution for this thread :)

• Love 2
The Reluctant Queen http://archiveofourown.org/works/2674541/chapters/5980481by  December_Daughter, another awesome writer

You beat me to posting Reluctant Queen!! Just stumbled across that one. And I am loving it!! I really like the Bratva being part of the OQ mythos on the show, I find it so intriguing that he somehow became a Capt in the Russian mafia in only a few months at the most only 1-2 years. But so many of the fan fics make him so possessive & OOC in the stories that it becomes hard to want to read them. Or they almost all include an arranged marriage (which personally just feels tropy at times) or are too AU for me. That being said, I am always searching for good Bratva stories.

But RQ seems to still keep the characters on par with their TV character counterparts. Its just a good read with some decent plot twisting. I almost skipped it because of the whole blackmail marriage, which did feel a little flimsy at first. But I'm so glad I looked past that and continued, because now I'm glued to a really awesome fic now. Another painful wait for updates commences.

Also recommend her http://archiveofourown.org/works/1105202/chapters/2223519We Might be Hollow (but we're brave). It's more throwback set & written in s2 w/ Slade & Shado, also FS has a different family set-up, but still it was a good read and I enjoyed the characterizations.

• Love 1

You Can Find Me Where the Music Meets the Ocean is an AU by Riley Scott where Tommy invites his reluctant girlfriend Laurel along with Sara and her friend Felicity to his beach house for the summer vacation, and they all deal with the Oliver/Sara fallout.  (It sounds better than what I've said.)  I'm reccing it because the writer made me like and understand Laurel, and because it has the Oliver/Laurel conversation the show should have had,

• Love 2
(edited)

So I just wanted to recommend everyone read this fic because it's really fantastic:

And Then It Ends, Your Little Winning Streaks by MachaSWicket

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2697035/chapters/6035795

Honestly one of the best fics I've read.

It's brutal but so, so good.

I enjoyed Reluctant Queen, too! I've been (embarrassed and) surprised at how many of my favorite fics include the marriage trope, but some of them are just really well done. I like What Happened in Vegas... for its independent, intelligent, savvy Felicity. I think my favorite is Mrs. Cupid, though. It's really well written, and it just fits with my take on early/mid S2; like, I could see it actually happening like this with the characters (eh, maybe not Sara but it's fun anyway) we saw on screen (IMO both Felicity and Oliver were pretty clueless about the state of their own feelings then; I've said it before, but these are not the most introspective of people). It sounds like the author may be able to work on it this summer. Fingers crossed!

ETA: I started the fic @statsgirl recommended, and I'm intrigued and will finish it, but: does anyone else get hung up on writers' glaring grammatical foibles? By the fourth use of "her and [blank]" my teeth were hurting. It's especially painful when everything else seems to be in order. I just have to remind myself that a ton of these writers are just kids, some of them are writing in a language that is not their first, and almost none of them are professional authors, which is super impressive. It's fascinating, really, looking at the variety you can get working with the same characters, settings, plots, tropes, and story lines (plus what you can infer about a writer - I do try to avoid smut, but I'm positive I've read sex scenes written by virgins, and it's funny when you can tell they're being influenced by reading other's fic - everybody's always "huffing a laugh" and "licking the seam" of someone's lips, which, frankly, is not the most appealing kissing technique I've come across, in writing or real life). I hope I'm not coming across as too snotty here, but this is all new for me. I've never really read fanfic before now, and it's fun. :-)

Edited by Ang
  • Love 1
(edited)

One of the fallouts of how messed up s3 was is that some of the good writers like Frea O stopped writing Arrow fic and moved on to other shows. That I don't watch.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

One of the fallouts of how messed up s3 was is that some of the good writers like Frea O stopped writing Arrow fic and moved on to other shows. That I don't watch.

Oh see for me, that's when I get started.  If I enjoy everything that's happening, then I am content to just watch it all play out.  It's when things get messy that I have the urge to step in and add a fix here and there. 

Which may explain why I still am writing fixes for Smallville. Very very messy. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
(edited)

From the talented Lord Mesa, fan art of the new Team Arrow -- it would be nice if the S4 poster is like this, but I'm not optimistic...

CGhdEMZU8AA0geZ.jpg

(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8
(edited)

Some nice OTA  fan vids...

Team Arrow || "We're on each other's Team..." [TAAC]
Published on Mar 4, 2015, by Legendary Dreamer ♥missjessieban♥

Felicity & Oliver & Diggle - The Original Team Arrow CHIWAWA
Published on Jun 4, 2015, by Smoak Olicity

Edited by tv echo

Oh My god! baby face alert!

Can we stop an notice how much Emily has actually aged in the past 3 years? she looks like such a baby in that pic compered to some of the stuff we have from this season. I mean I know it's only like 2 years but still.. wow.

(edited)

So cute - a fan did a 3-pic series on why we need a Felicity Smoak Funko POP! figure...

This “undertaking” is simple, painless, necessary, and fun. Since receiving my delightful Oliver Queen Funko Pop! I can’t help but be frustrated that there isn’t a Felicity Smoak figure to join him.

Here are some little scenes I’ve created to illustrate poor Oliver’s situation. How can his partner be missing? She’s a vital member of Team Arrow and a hero in her own right.

tumblr_inline_npfhktjKCa1tra7zb_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_npmlhc6qRT1tra7zb_500.jpg

tumblr_nplo18JghM1urm2jxo1_1280.jpg

http://quiveringbunny.tumblr.com/felicitypop

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10

Since I was talking about Tommy in the Hopes/Fears section.. I thought I would come here for some recommendations:

Does anyone know of any good fan fic that includes live versions of Tommy? I really enjoyed Smoak & Merlyn. I think Tommy & Felicity would have been really good friends & allies against some of OQs antics. But I never really saw them as potential lovers. I try to search for them, but sometimes he still is really only there to die, which defeats the reason I want to read about him. I stumbled across a pretty good but old O/F fanfic Broken, that way, but it had little to no Tommy.

(edited)

I really liked "When the Day Comes", which is a canon-divergent take on what happens after the season 1 finale, if Tommy had just been hurt rather than killed. Lots of good team interaction. http://archiveofourown.org/works/3350003/chapters/7329302

There's also "Technical Assistance", which is a season 1 rewrite with occasional appearances by Tommy, but I don't know how you feel about stories that are 57+ chapters and counting: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1359190/chapters/2838451

Edited by lemotomato

Thanks lemotomato! I will check these out. Length does not bother me if they are well written & engaging, esp now that I figured out a proper bookmarking system. The ChronicOlicity stories are perfect examples of stories that are worth the investment. Sometimes longer is better, because I can actually step away & return. When they are short, you just want to finish them - which leads to a lot of distraction from things I should really be doing. Although I am starting to see the wisdom of reading only completed stories. There are some that are in my bookmark cue, that are just teasing me that they haven't been finished or updated.

(edited)

Is anybody else waiting with increasing impatience for Kristina Ortutova to post a new Arrow video to YouTube? I've not posted a video link to this site yet, so if you follow her, will you post it here when it goes up? Her videos are mindblowingly awesome. If you haven't seen her stuff, I recommend her Oliver-centric video that she posted around mid-season.

ETA: here's the link to her Oliver Queen video that I mentioned: http://youtu.be/hU4uJ8tlFWc?list=PLEt5Zd97zfl8KXYZU-XuO2L9ft-0bdMi1

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 2

With the increased focus on masks and powers in the Arrowverse, I know this is slightly off-tone, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a Arrow vs. Serial Killer fanfiction.  Bonus points if Felicity plays a pivotal role and it has shades of Felicity/Oliver.