Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that Diggle and Lyla were well used though "Okay, let's talk about how much PDA you're going to have, and confirm that real sex is off the table" while they both cringed.  So funny.

Which fic is this?

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that Diggle and Lyla were well used though "Okay, let's talk about how much PDA you're going to have, and confirm that real sex is off the table" while they both cringed.  So funny.

I'm not saying they're doing it wrong, it's just not satisfying my personal itch at the moment. Does that make sense?

Is anyone reading Donna Smoak Figures It Out on Ao3?  It's a cute fic where Donna thinks she caught Felicity 

Spoiler

having a threesome with Oliver and the Green Arrow.

It's only three chapters so far, but it's fun and a nice break if you've been reading too many angsty fics. 

Edited by Hiveminder
4 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

Is anyone reading Donna Smoak Figures It Out on Ao3?  It's a cute fic where Donna thinks she caught Felicity 

Reveal hidden contents

It's only three chapters so far, but it's fun and a nice break if you've been reading too many angsty fics. 

That's actually pretty funny :)

22 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

Hide contents

This sounds good, going to read it soon!

I'm glad you're enjoying it so much, @wonderwall!  I have three of five chapters of part two written, but the teaching semester has kept me very busy.  I do plan to finish it up, hopefully before the new year.  Good news/Bad news of next year is that I'm expecting a baby in January and I'm taking Spring semester off for maternity.   I hope to find more time to write in 2017, but the bad news part is babies can be a little unpredictable as far as how good they are at napping and letting mommy write (my son was not the best napper). :)

Edited by TrueMyth
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it so much, @wonderwall!  I have three of five chapters of part two written, but the teaching semester has kept me very busy.  I do plan to finish it up, hopefully before the new year.  Good news/Bad news of next year is that I'm expecting a baby in January and I'm taking Spring semester off for maternity.   I hope to find more time to write in 2017. :)

Oh my goodness! Congratulations on your baby :) And of course that's definitely definitely amazing news! Hope you take care

• Love 1

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BABY TrueMyth.

Hehe thanks for asking her wonderwall. I've been tempted to ask about part 2 but resisted. Glad you did the dirty work!

On another note there is hardly anything good to read these days.  There are two stories that I love but that's about it! Nothing at all! Probably because I've read everything decent there is to read!

Would fanfic.net have anything new or is it the same stuff cross posted?

• Love 1

The Darkest Hour just updated. I haven't read it yet but I'm so happy the author has been coming out with quicker updates. It's honestly one of the best fanfics I've read in this fandom! 

How did everyone else like it?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

The Darkest Hour just updated. I haven't read it yet but I'm so happy the author has been coming out with quicker updates. It's honestly one of the best fanfics I've read in this fandom! 

I can't believe I missed her last update. So I actually have 2 chapters to read now, yay! Thanks for the heads-up!

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
8 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I thought the fic started to lag to be honest, but this update really shook the status quo and things are definitely moving.

Depressing parallel is super depressing. You can see that she's alone most of the time - and the one where she's grieving Oliver, she's snapping at Ray and pushing him away... People say Oliver needs to embrace the people in his life and let them help him, I think Felicity needs to learn this lesson too especially when she's facing something terrible. But all I can say is, Felicity is one strong woman for being able to deal with these losses mostly on her own...

tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo1_250.gif tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo6_250.gif
tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo7_250.gif tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo5_250.gif
tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo2_250.gif tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo9_250.gif
tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo10_250.gif tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo3_250.gif
tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo4_250.gif tumblr_ohv87v6Oyu1tiq97xo8_250.gif

http://felicitys.tumblr.com/post/154202140191/felicity-grieving-all-of-her-boyfriends-oliver

• Love 12

Arrow Gets A Batman '66 Style Opening
Russ Burlingame  12/12/16
http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/12/12/arrow-gets-a-batman-66-style-opening/

David Jones, the visual artist behind high-quality, fan-produced photos and video like the Arrow Jedi series, delivered something new this weekend in the form of a look at what the opening credits for Arrow might look like, if the show had been produced in 1966 instead of Batman.
"In the Earth-66 Multiverse, The Arrow TV show premiered in 1966 instead of Batman. With his super friends The Flash, Supergirl, and The Legends, Arrow fights crime in Star City against several nefarious foes and bases his operation in the Arrow Cave. Watch his crime-fighting adventures every Wednesday night - same Arrow-Time, same Arrow-Channel!"

• Love 1

Has anyone read "Two Men, Same Name" by dettiot and Mel_Sanfo? Saw it this morning and read the first two chapters. Fairly short and looks interesting but I don't want to continue if this is all going to collapse later.

I started it, got several chapters in, didn't like the direction. It's kind of all over the place it doesn't even take place in "our" Arrow universe but seems to deal with 2 different Arrow Universes

Edited by Morrigan2575

It's set in season 2.  Oliver and Sara have gone to look for a cure for the mirakuru but Slade wants Oliver and Isabel is taking over QC so Diggle, Felicity and Thea send Barry to get Oliver from another timeline but he accidentally grabs an Oliver from another universe who is a businessman and never went on the island.    Businessman Oliver is a nice person who tries to fit in and lfalls for Felicity; Arrow Oliver is all business and treat Felicity the way he did in season 2B before the last episode.  It's an interesting split but its' not really compelling maybe because it's taking so long.  I'd give it a B.

20 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I love Caught in the Rapture by Bindy. It's an AU with Oliver in the LOA, but not a paste-eating moron like he was in actual S3.

Omg I love this too!!!! It's my favourite right now besides "A Soul Lost at Sea." 

It's soooooooo good!!!!!!

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I love Caught in the Rapture by Bindy. It's an AU with Oliver in the LOA, but not a paste-eating moron like he was in actual S3.

Ditto. I'm really enjoying this and I'm not normally a fan of Bratva or LOA aus.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@statsgirl has it got lots of Olicity moments or is it full of actual plot?

Haha I don't care much for plot!

It's Oliver being shy and falling for Felicity.  Then, just as he's going to ask her out, first Slade kidnaps him and then Arrow Oliver returns.  If you're looking for lots of Olicity moments, try MachasWicket or another of dettoit's AUs. 

I also like ChronicOlicity's stories, They're long and AUs but lots of Olicity.  Her current one Is He Deserves A Shot (At Being Happy).  I've only read the first few chapters of this one, I'm saving it for the long days after Christmas.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I also like ChronicOlicity's stories, They're long and AUs but lots of Olicity.  Her current one Is He Deserves A Shot (At Being Happy).  I've only read the first few chapters of this one, I'm saving it for the long days after Christmas.

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!!!!!

I was totally naughty and stayed up late reading. But I have weaned myself off it and will save the rest for after the Christmas sales!

• Love 1

kyrieanne updated Canaries if anyone is interested. I liked it despite magical realism thing it has going on because it delved into Felicity's psyche post-Cooper. Once I was over that, my biggest fear was that we'd have Oliver as the Hood or the Arrow without the island, but this latest chapter indicates that this isn't the case. It could get interesting to see how he goes about "righting his father's wrongs" in a different way. Also, pretty good nod to Sara "dying" on the Gambit by using a different character and set of (as of yet unclear) circumstances.

• Love 1

A fan did these amazing side-by-side gifs to show the parallels between Oliver's real life with Felicity last season and the alien hallucination of Oliver's 'perfect' life with Laurel (sample posted below) - I had forgotten that, when he was with Felicity, Oliver told Barry that he had everything he ever wanted...
http://lyricalarrow.tumblr.com/post/154601293916/parallels-part-two

tumblr_oick8qXwfa1usrl03o6_400.gif   tumblr_oick8qXwfa1usrl03o5_400.gif

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Holy f*** at that Pieces of Always update. You have Ellie's drawings FRAMED and hanging up in your house? While you have a young daughter, who at 17 months has apparently already been told about your super special perfect future daughter? Really?! No wonder Jules has issues, anyone would. Ellie won't even be around for another two years and they are already framing her drawings and hanging her artwork and have her crib set up. Oliver and Felicity in this fic are truly awful people and parents. 

1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

Holy f*** at that Pieces of Always update. You have Ellie's drawings FRAMED and hanging up in your house? While you have a young daughter, who at 17 months has apparently already been told about your super special perfect future daughter? Really?! No wonder Jules has issues, anyone would. Ellie won't even be around for another two years and they are already framing her drawings and hanging her artwork and have her crib set up. Oliver and Felicity in this fic are truly awful people and parents. 

What's interesting is that I see the authors interacting with readers on Twitter and so many of them identify with Jules and heap praise the authors. I cringe myself but I don't think the authors are aware how this seeming obsession with Ellie is coming across to others (which kind of reminds me how Arrow fails to see how Oliver comes across as an asshole). 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What's interesting is that I see the authors interacting with readers on Twitter and so many of them identify with Jules and heap praise the authors. I cringe myself but I don't think the authors are aware how this seeming obsession with Ellie is coming across to others (which kind of reminds me how Arrow fails to see how Oliver comes across as an asshole). 

I also identify with Jules but think this Olicity pairing as parents are garbage. I skimmed the latest chapter, and all the stuff with Ellie is so creepy and wrong. I'm still waiting for other universe Olicity to come steal Jules away and give her all the love, attention, and respect she deserves. 

• Love 5

I want Cisco to kidnap Jules and send her to another Earth with an Oliver and Felicity who will appreciate her and love her. Or any good parents. I hope she grows up and does a tell all book about their creepy obsession with Ellie. 

• Love 3

I just read that Pieces of Always chapter and I'd like to know how an 18 month old is already feeling jealous of her sibling that doesn't yet exist? Like, she actually notices Ellie's drawings and gets agitated that her pictures are on the wall. Holy crap, FiCoN Olicity are THE WOOOORST.

No but seriously. Do 18 month old kids act like that?!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I just read that Pieces of Always chapter and I'd like to know how an 18 month old is already feeling jealous of her sibling that doesn't yet exist? Like, she actually notices Ellie's drawings and gets agitated that her pictures are on the wall. Holy crap, FiCoN Olicity are THE WOOOORST.

No but seriously. Do 18 month old kids act like that?!

Toddlers can get jealous, but I suspect all poor Jules has heard from before her birth was how awesome and amazing Ellie is. What would you tell a kid when they ask why there's another room already set up with a crib when there's not going to be a child in it for several years? That creepy obsession they have with Ellie would absolutely bleed over into how they treat Jules and what they tell her. None of their children (including Ellie!) should have ever known about AU Ellie. 

• Love 3
Just now, calliope1975 said:

Toddlers can get jealous, but I suspect all poor Jules has heard from before her birth was how awesome and amazing Ellie is. What would you tell a kid when they ask why there's another room already set up with a crib when there's not going to be a child in it for several years? That creepy obsession they have with Ellie would absolutely bleed over into how they treat Jules and what they tell her. None of their children (including Ellie!) should have ever known about AU Ellie. 

But jealous of a sibling she's never met? I'd understand if Ellie was there and Jules was witness to blatant favoritism but she doesn't exist yet. It seems crazy to me, especially for a kid so so young. They must talk about Ellie all the damn time OMG. This just gets worse and worse the more I think about it. YIKES x INFINITY. 

• Love 1