Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

Runs in the family http://archiveofourown.org/works/3855727/chapters/8609950by Dettiot she's also writing Core Curriculum series, that are a must read if you like smut fics http://archiveofourown.org/series/254224

The Phoenix http://archiveofourown.org/works/3556271/chapters/7831586by SuperSillyAndDorky06 and i can't tell you enough how much i like her writing, she writes Felicity amazingly. She has more fics but this one is my favorite

I'm reading Runs in the Family and am really enjoying it. I usually don't go for AUs, but for some reason this Arrow/Avengers mashup actually works for me. It's very well-written. I've read the writer's one-shots in the past, but this is my first time with a multichapter.

I'm a little hesitant to read The Phoenix. I've enjoyed SuperSillyAndDorky06's oneshots in the past but Free Fall -- the first multichapter I read from her -- was a bit of a disappointment. She had Felicity babbling pretty much throughout the entire story and, well, it was exhausting.

• Love 2
(edited)

Thanks!  I have a fully acknowledged bias agaisnt fanfic.net fic, but I am enjoying Cupid's Arrow.

Yeah, it's really hard to find good fic at fanfic.net, but there are still a handful of good authors that only post there, like Hybridlovelies. BTW, if you're ever in need of a good cry, read her story "Felicity's Ghost".

I'm a little hesitant to read The Phoenix. I've enjoyed SuperSillyAndDorky06's oneshots in the past but Free Fall -- the first multichapter I read from her -- was a bit of a disappointment. She had Felicity babbling pretty much throughout the entire story and, well, it was exhausting.

I second the rec of "The Phoenix", although I share your opinion of "Freefall." For some reason, the writing quality seems much better in former. I'd chalk that up to the fact that "Free Fall" was apparently her first fic, but then again, she's been updating both stories simultaneously.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

I'm reading Runs in the Family and am really enjoying it. I usually don't go for AUs, but for some reason this Arrow/Avengers mashup actually works for me. It's very well-written. I've read the writer's one-shots in the past, but this is my first time with a multichapter.

The Phoenix it's very different from Free Fall, it's actually my fav from Matty (that's her name) give it a try. She's also writing The Firebird http://archiveofourown.org/works/3874009/chapters/8658496 

Another one of my recs was Second Chances, one of the most addictive fics i ever read, i honestly can't understand how a 16 yr old can write such good angst, it's brilliant 

• Love 1

This fan art was retweeted by the ArrowWriters Room...

CHUlMOeWcAACTvv.jpg

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters

Nice Drawing...

It makes me want to indulge in my little fantasy world/theory that Felicity is really a secret archer or at least had a secret little obsession with archery related things prior to starting her work with the vigilante despite her so called dislike of pointy things.

IDK Why I thought this was hilarious :p 

tumblr_npuso3xsTV1r9tnbqo1_500.png

tumblr_npuso3xsTV1r9tnbqo2_500.png

tumblr_npuso3xsTV1r9tnbqo3_500.png

Source

*chokes on coffee* Man, that is so wrong -- and so funny!

The Phoenix it's very different from Free Fall, it's actually my fav from Matty (that's her name) give it a try. She's also writing The Firebird http://archiveofourown.org/works/3874009/chapters/8658496 

Another one of my recs was Second Chances, one of the most addictive fics i ever read, i honestly can't understand how a 16 yr old can write such good angst, it's brilliant 

OK, you guys have convinced me, I'll give The Phoenix a whirl :)

(edited)

An oldie but goodie from 2013  - the song is even more appropriate now ("Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?")...

Arrow | Oliver & Felicity: Who the H#ll is Felicity Smoak?
Published on May 16, 2013, by Smoak Arrow

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Here's a really good fan vid about the 3-season evolution of the O/F relationship...

Oliver & Felicity | Their Story (1x03-3x23)
Published on May 31, 2015, by shachar06

I just read a description for a Laurel/Felicity/Oliver threesome fic. If that's your thing, cool. But I need to sanitize my eyes and electro shock my brain. 

• Love 7

I just read a description for a Laurel/Felicity/Oliver threesome fic. If that's your thing, cool. But I need to sanitize my eyes and electro shock my brain.

Ewwww. I saw that, too. According to the synopsis, the three of them are in a relationship and the ladies both get pregnant! Ugh, so gross!

I certainly support people's right to alternative life styles that wouldn't be appealing for me, but I'm still wigged out about it happening to two characters I love when they're being forced to be with LL.

• Love 1

It's odd while I will absolutely, happily I may add, read Felicity/Sara/Oliver fics the idea of switching between Sara and Laurel.. there is not enough alcohol on the plant for this to sit well with me. 

• Love 2

It's odd while I will absolutely, happily I may add, read Felicity/Sara/Oliver fics the idea of switching between Sara and Laurel.. there is not enough alcohol on the plant for this to sit well with me.

IKR! I can only imagine Laurel whining "It's not fair, Ollie!" when it's Felicity's turn with Oliver's disco stick.

• Love 3

So.......I have what feels like a very stupid request. *sheepish* I've been re watching Doctor Who lately and I would love to read some fic where River Song turns out to be Sara's mother. (And Laurel's too of course.) Maybe by use of a chameleon arch? (DW fans know what I'm talking about.) Is there anything like that out there? I did a search at AO3 but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks! :) I knew it was rather silly. I've just got all these scenarios rolling around in my head, and I was sure I couldn't be the only one who'd jumped on the connection, but apparently this time I'm all alone on my own wavelength. Lol. These are the kind of things that make me wish I could actually write the fanfic for myself.

• Love 1

I found this one yesterday, extremely painful,probably because i cannot fathom a "world" where Felicity Smoak doesn't live but it's only for a bit :)

To rage against the dying of the light by YellowFlicker http://archiveofourown.org/works/3988015/chapters/8953309

Gorgeous writing, love the way she writes Oliver,Diggle, Felicity and Thea. Sometimes i wonder what it would be like if the writers of Arrow could do angst like this, we would all the floored

• Love 5

I've been making use of the downtime (I really don't need to see The Magician again) to check out fic:

Drinks With a Friend  by MacyAudenStar.  The Tommy/Felicity friendship the show never gave us but should have.

Normally I avoid cancer fic because it's sappy and unrealistic but For Blue Skies by SJKDarling is amazing.  The denial, the feelings of helplessnes, the bootless cries, the loss of identity when you lose your hair, even the port-a-cath for chemo.   "Why her? Why did she have to get screwed over with this sucky disease? She was a good person, minus some of her earlier hacking exploits. She helped save Starling City. She gave money to charity. She braked for animals. So why in the world had she been the one to get this stupid fucking cancer?"  That is exactly what it feels like.

It's got the good Quentin, gruff but caring.  Prickly around Oliver.  Sara is alive.

There's a companion piece, For Darker Days that's Oliver's POV.. 

• Love 2

I found this one yesterday, extremely painful,probably because i cannot fathom a "world" where Felicity Smoak doesn't live but it's only for a bit :)

To rage against the dying of the light by YellowFlicker http://archiveofourown.org/works/3988015/chapters/8953309

Gorgeous writing, love the way she writes Oliver,Diggle, Felicity and Thea. Sometimes i wonder what it would be like if the writers of Arrow could do angst like this, we would all the floored

Wow I read the first chapter. Them killing Felicity on the show would be a deal breaker I'd be done with the show

Wow I read the first chapter. Them killing Felicity on the show would be a deal breaker I'd be done with the show

I would be done with the show too, but keep reading, i did say it was only for a bit.

Reminds me when during S3, some of us (as in fandom) wore thinking FS would be the one getting hurt, instead of Thea

Honestly it's a beautiful ff, give it a chance ;)

I've been making use of the downtime (I really don't need to see The Magician again) to check out fic:

Drinks With a Friend  by MacyAudenStar.  The Tommy/Felicity friendship the show never gave us but should have.

Normally I avoid cancer fic because it's sappy and unrealistic but For Blue Skies by SJKDarling is amazing.  The denial, the feelings of helplessnes, the bootless cries, the loss of identity when you lose your hair, even the port-a-cath for chemo.   "Why her? Why did she have to get screwed over with this sucky disease? She was a good person, minus some of her earlier hacking exploits. She helped save Starling City. She gave money to charity. She braked for animals. So why in the world had she been the one to get this stupid fucking cancer?"  That is exactly what it feels like.

It's got the good Quentin, gruff but caring.  Prickly around Oliver.  Sara is alive.

There's a companion piece, For Darker Days that's Oliver's POV.. 

Thank you for posting this! It had me getting a little teary eyed at work. But so lovely... We were really robbed of an amazingly awesome friendship when they took Tommy away from us .

I have read parts of the other story, but I personally cannot invest or commit to the story. Only because I live too many sad & heartbreaking health stories at work that I just can't do it. But I recommend it to others - its beautifully written & captures the shittiness of Cancer.

I have been following this story. It's good. She is not quick to update, but its worth it. The FS events shocked me a little. But so far I've liked what she has done with it.

I would be done with the show too, but keep reading, i did say it was only for a bit.

Reminds me when during S3, some of us (as in fandom) wore thinking FS would be the one getting hurt, instead of Thea

Honestly it's a beautiful ff, give it a chance ;)

I sure will

• Love 1
(edited)
I have read parts of the other story, but I personally cannot invest or commit to the story. Only because I live too many sad & heartbreaking health stories at work that I just can't do it. But I recommend it to others - its beautifully written & captures the shittiness of Cancer.

I know what you mean. But for some reason, this one feels cathartic to me. Maybe it's because it's so real.  Whereas other stories are about the feels, this one shows what treatment is like, what it's like to see the nurse who is bringing the chemo they're about to pour into your veins double-glove and wear a protective apron because the stuff is so toxic.  The only other time I have seen cancer treatment this realistic was Maura Tierney's character on Rescue Me as she was throwing things around because she was expected to be "fixed" now..  I recommend it to anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer or is close to someone who is..

I liked To rage against the dying of the light, it's a good story with a really good twist but it's in the 'not realistic' group of fic (although I'm glad I knew the death was only temporary before starting to read it.

If Felicity's brains were splattered on the ground from the gun shot, no amount of nanites would give her back her intelligence or brain functions and I'm having a hard time getting beyond that..

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Part 3 of Legacy by Ash818 is complete - Blood on my name I love this series so much. 

Seriously, one of my favorite series in any fandom I've read.  She really is a fantastic writer.  She's also great about answering questions on her tumblr in character, so there's tons of little ficlets there, in various POVs, it's delightful.

Regarding a completely different fic, does anyone happen to know what happened to The_Pris' When She Was Just A Girl (She Dreamed of Paradise)?  There was an update posted within the last week or so that I didn't have a chance to read at the time and I just went to read it and it's gone.  It was a beautifully written AU with Felicity as Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne's daughter.

• Love 2
  I liked To rage against the dying of the light, it's a good story with a really good twist but it's in the 'not realistic' group of fic (although I'm glad I knew the death was only temporary before starting to read it. 

If Felicity's brains were splattered on the ground from the gun shot, no amount of nanites would give her back her intelligence or brain functions and I'm having a hard time getting beyond that..

The nanites I think are only blocking her memory. I think DD doused her with good old fashioned LP water.

Regarding a completely different fic, does anyone happen to know what happened to The_Pris' When She Was Just A Girl (She Dreamed of Paradise)?  There was an update posted within the last week or so that I didn't have a chance to read at the time and I just went to read it and it's gone.  It was a beautifully written AU with Felicity as Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne's daughter.

From the tumblr of one of her friends, I read that the author deleted her AO3 account. The friend has no idea why, though.

Speaking of authors disappearing, if anyone enjoyed the fanfic written by TeaWithLemon, she's deleting all her stuff at the end of the month. So read/download while you can. She wrote a great winter hiatus fic-- "Pulse"-- and her story "Still" is how I wish the show had dealt with Felicity, Team Arrow, and Ray/ATOM.

• Love 1

I know what you mean. But for some reason, this one feels cathartic to me. Maybe it's because it's so real.  Whereas other stories are about the feels, this one shows what treatment is like, what it's like to see the nurse who is bringing the chemo they're about to pour into your veins double-glove and wear a protective apron because the stuff is so toxic.  The only other time I have seen cancer treatment this realistic was Maura Tierney's character on Rescue Me as she was throwing things around because she was expected to be "fixed" now..  I recommend it to anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer or is close to someone who is..

Maybe I should give it another shot.... It would be nice to have some catharsis after some of my shifts. A well written health based story is hard to find. I struggle with most health related stories/shows because they can be so inaccurate or fail to capture the essence of health struggles. I don't always care if they are factual (most are not, although some try hard), but they should try to capture the human experience.

Don't even get me started on the nanites, but at least I could stomach them being used in this fiction as opposed to 318 which was absurd.

Thanks, lemotomato, that's too bad about The_Pris.

I am getting a huge kick out of Velocity.  MachaSWicket is such a good writer and I adore Speed, so win-win right there!

From the tumblr of one of her friends, I read that the author deleted her AO3 account. The friend has no idea why, though.

Speaking of authors disappearing, if anyone enjoyed the fanfic written by TeaWithLemon, she's deleting all her stuff at the end of the month. So read/download while you can. She wrote a great winter hiatus fic-- "Pulse"-- and her story "Still" is how I wish the show had dealt with Felicity, Team Arrow, and Ray/ATOM.

Does anyone remember a series of one-shots that had a story about Oliver and Felicity being forced to marry because NP needed food, and Felicity's country needed an army? Was it TeaWithLemon who wrote it? I went looking this morning, and if it was her then it's already gone and I'm really upset with myself for not saving it, haha. I really liked that one-shot.

Does anyone remember a series of one-shots that had a story about Oliver and Felicity being forced to marry because NP needed food, and Felicity's country needed an army? Was it TeaWithLemon who wrote it? I went looking this morning, and if it was her then it's already gone and I'm really upset with myself for not saving it, haha. I really liked that one-shot.

Yeah, that was by TeaWithLemon. I really liked that one too.