Type keyword(s) to search

Cindy Barshop - Completely Bare and Completely Broke

• Start Topic

Probably one of the most easily forgettable "one and done" housewives, I never cared enough to check into what she was up to after her unceremonious dumping by Bravo.

I stumbled on this today.  Love the part about her banking (hehe) on her friendship with Jill Zarin to carry her through several seasons of the Real Housewives but not surprised to hear she's closing up a bunch of those waxing salons she was opening up at warp speed.

The article is from 2011, but is really interesting reading so I thought it was worth sharing.

http://www.realitytea.com/2011/12/01/former-housewife-cindy-barshop-in-financial-distress-forced-to-close-several-spas-wants-her-own-reality-show/

An excerpt from the pretty lengthy article: 

The Dirty also reveals that Completely Bare’s Beverly Hills locale was “shut down by the building owner after she didn’t pay rent for 3 months.” Cindy shared that office building with Dr. Ray 90210, by the way. She also lost two of her NYC spaces when she was evicted her for failure to pay rent. And allegedly her 5th avenue supplier is refusing further deliveries because she owes them $7,000.

Sounds like the market not only didn't respond well, but she made some pretty dumb business moves while it sounded like she was already struggling. Of course she wants her own show! She's got lots of billz to pay. Those poor twins. They're toddlers now, Cindy is probably having fun with that.

Perhaps Sonja did have a grain of wisdom in her reluctance to commit to the free session Cindy held that the ladies went to. To paraphrase: "The fashions down there, they come and go. You know?"

Man, Cindy was nearly a figment at this point for me. Thanks for the updates, Persnickety.

• Love 1

Do not want boring Cindy back!

This. I don't care if she is completely bare or broke, but I do care that she is completely bland. No matter how many cubic zirconia she glues to her lady bits.

• Love 2

This. I don't care if she is completely bare or broke, but I do care that she is completely bland. No matter how many cubic zirconia she glues to her lady bits.

Another B, I found her not only bland but brusque as well- I don't recall many fun Cindy moments, but very many serious ones where she seemed to lack any good humor. She felt very inhibited and reserved and thus I became uninterested pretty quick, I think that's how I recall it for me. I suppose irl Cindy might make a nice enough friend, but entertainment television she is not.

Cindy around her children was perplexing.  She gets impregnated with her ex boyfriend's sperm but someone else's eggs.  I think she was late 40s.  Who would want to be their own surrogate?  I was guessing she did that so she'd feel connected to them but I have never seen a mother so disinterested in her own child.  Even Martha Stewart radiates more warmth.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was guessing she did that so she'd feel connected to them but I have never seen a mother so disinterested in her own child.

I was absolutely flummoxed at the scene with Cindy having lunch with her parents and her complete and total inability to manage the kids at the same time.  She honestly acted like she'd never been out in public with them before and was absolutely clueless.

If anyone remembers the Diane Keaton movie, Baby Boom, that's precisely how Cindy came off during that lunch...Except for the fact those were her kids and not a last-minute inheritance she had to drag along.  

It's pretty bad when you can't navigate a family lunch with your children without having to call your assistant in to take over.

Yeah, she was boring, bland, brusque, and seemed to be absolutely humorless.  And I found the fact that her brother's wife looked just like Cindy was totally creepy.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

The only somewhat decent moment I can remember is her freaking out over hangars on the Morocco trip…I believe she accused Sonja and Ramona of taking her hangars and she ran to Lu about it…scratch that…two moments, my second is her panting like Alex when Alex had one of her moments during the reunion.  So in all…two moments for Cindy…two.  Still more than I can say for Carlton…

Another B, I found her not only bland but brusque as well- I don't recall many fun Cindy moments, but very many serious ones where she seemed to lack any good humor. She felt very inhibited and reserved and thus I became uninterested pretty quick, I think that's how I recall it for me. I suppose irl Cindy might make a nice enough friend, but entertainment television she is not.

Cindy was always acting like she was too busy or important for the show and audience.  I think we all felt like Sonya at the toaster oven breakfast when Cindy could not bother to look up from her phone to have a conversation.  Being busy is all well and good, but why sign up for this thing in the first place?  I am flummoxed that her buisness plan was to become a reality tv star when she came off so bland and annoying on the actual show.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, and just what did she have to do that was so important?  Make sure every last pubic hair of every rich lady in Manhattan was plucked out & replaced with cubic zirconias arranged in oddball designs?  Very important indeed.  Her obsession with her teeth & her constant sneering & proclaiming the rest of them were nuts (er, duh) was snooze worthy.  

Oh yeah, then there were the babies she barely wanted to look at, that scabby-looking, schmucky ex-boyfriend, who looked like he didn't have 2 nickels to rub together & the kinda hot, loser-ish brother.  It all added up to a whole lotta zzzzzzzz.  And she looked like she couldn't get a date for shit.  Um, maybe she shoulda called up Max.  That Max musta been pretty busy.  Even Jillzy's gay hubby wanted him.  And I bet he got him too, at least while he was makin' some dough working for Bobby.  Ah, well, anyone can have Max, as long as ya cough up the dough.  Hey, Sonja had him before the lawsuit cleaned her out.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Yeah, and just what did she have to do that was so important? Make sure every last pubic hair of every rich lady in Manhattan was plucked out & replaced with cubic zirconias arranged in oddball designs? Very important indeed. Her obsession with her teeth & her constant sneering & proclaiming the rest of them were nuts (er, duh) was snooze worthy.

Oh yeah, then there were the babies she barely wanted to look at, that scabby-looking, schmucky ex-boyfriend, who looked like he didn't have 2 nickels to rub together & the kinda hot, loser-ish brother. It all added up to a whole lotta zzzzzzzz. And she looked like she couldn't get a date for shit. Um, maybe she shoulda called up Max. That Max musta been pretty busy. Even Jillzy's gay hubby wanted him. And I bet he got him too, at least while he was makin' some dough working for Bobby. Ah, well, anyone can have Max, as long as ya cough up the dough. Hey, Sonja had him before the lawsuit cleaned her out.

Seriously, how could anyone so messed up be so boring? The sheer VC Andrews nature of her relationship with her bother should have been fascinating, but nothing.

• Love 1
(edited)

The only somewhat decent moment I can remember is her freaking out over hangars on the Morocco trip…I believe she accused Sonja and Ramona of taking her hangars and she ran to Lu about it…scratch that…two moments, my second is her panting like Alex when Alex had one of her moments during the reunion.  So in all…two moments for Cindy…two.  Still more than I can say for Carlton…

…also wanted to add, if somebody could help out…if think I have too much time when I'm thinking of one and done wives of yesteryear like Cindy…but what was the issue Ramona had with Cindy's friend or something?  Somebody they (or Ramona) knew passed away and was it Cindy's brother(?), Ramona thought had personal property or something of the deceased person and this was a sign of disrespect or something…more of a Ramona moment…but I always found it WTF and never found or heard what the cause of that "Ramona Freakout" was…unless I just fabricated my own Ramona moment, then I, like Ramona, should probably put down the wine…

Edited by CyberJawa1986

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but at the reunion, Ramona was quite upset and told Andy that Cindy's brother wore a dead man's suit.  I thought it was absolutely hysterical.  Andy had lost all control over the reunion - Kelly was acting like a lunatic, and told Andy that she's clearing everything up or making it better, and Andy sadly shook his head and said, "You're not, you're really not".

And as Andy is sitting there, practically in tears, Ramona asks him, "Would you wear a dead man's suit?"  He just looks at her so sad and says, "I don't know".  I love that scene because they hijacked the show and Andy was incapable of regaining control.  He didn't get that flustered when Teresa threw him into his chair.

• Love 4

And there was something about Cindy's friend or brother smoking a cigar at the funeral??  I don't think we care so much about these One and Done Housewives, it's just that this is good exercise for our brains trying to remember this stuff.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

• Love 2

And there was something about Cindy's friend or brother smoking a cigar at the funeral?? I don't think we care so much about these One and Done Housewives, it's just that this is good exercise for our brains trying to remember this stuff. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Yeaaaah. And Ramona freaked out because she thought the cigar was made of dead person ashes, or something?

• Love 1
(edited)

Wasn't it the first episode that year? The brother had the dead man's suit on and Ramona freaked while they were walking out. I remember something about a cigar...but that may be another story ;)

That was also the episode when Jill calls Alex an effing birch, wasn't it? And at the reunion said she thought she was off microphone.

Edited by Rhetorica
  • Love 1
(edited)

And there was something about Cindy's friend or brother smoking a cigar at the funeral??  I don't think we care so much about these One and Done Housewives, it's just that this is good exercise for our brains trying to remember this stuff.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Yeaaaah. And Ramona freaked out because she thought the cigar was made of dead person ashes, or something?

Wasn't it the first episode that year? The brother had the dead man's suit on and Ramona freaked while they were walking out. I remember something about a cigar...but that may be another story ;)

That was also the episode when Jill calls Alex an effing birch, wasn't it? And at the reunion said she thought she was off microphone.

Oh yeah, that was a particularly weird Ramona moment. Now, I want to remember what it was. Suit or smokes? What did the guest have that caused Ramona's freak out...

…see, I was thinking maybe I was mixing things up…was it a cigar or clothes…and it was both wasn't it.  I was thinking…it can't be both, but it was…  

…and didn't Cindy and Ramona supposedly know each other in some way?  

Edited by CyberJawa1986

I thought Ramona got upset because Cindy's brother was bragging about smoking the dead friends cigar.

Not only could Cindy not handle her perfectly normal acting baby at lunch. She needed to call an assistant after only a few minutes of sitting there. She also didn't know how to strap her baby into the high chair. My other favorite Cindy moment was when Jill asked her if the twins had slept through the night. Cindy told her she heard the nanny up with them.

I honestly don't know why she had kids. I don't think she ever spent a second alone with them.

I think she was supposed to bring Bethanny's "wit" and one liners but she was sour looking all the time.

My favorite Cindy moment was a look into her modern apartment with those egg shaped baby highchairs that looked sooo impractical but went with the interior design scheme. The apartment looked out of control but boy was she on top off it with the purchase of those Woody Allen chairs. She took babies as accessories very seriously...

@charming I think you're right. It was smoking the dead guys cigars that set her off.

(edited)

I think Cindy did give us the "Golden Dick" comment re Sonja.

It was with Jill during Sonja with a Sexy J's first "performance" wasn't it?

Looking back…I really enjoyed the Cindy/Sonja "feud"...

Edited by CyberJawa1986

It was with Jill during Sonja with a Sexy J's first "performance" wasn't it?

Looking back…I really enjoyed the Cindy/Sonja "feud"...

I may be wrong, but I remember Cindy muttering under her breath about Sonja sucking on a golden dick to Jill. And Jill seemed to forget that she’s married to her own golden dick.

• Love 1
(edited)

Was it? I remember even at the time I had no idea why Ramona was so upset and getting really confused by her argument.

Ramona's over the top reaction was bizarre, they were cigars for God sake!

While watching the old episodes I realized Cindy's brother's girl friend looked a lot like Cindy. I always find that odd.

I enjoyed the Cindy /Sonja fued because the only person that cared about it was Cindy ha! Sonja was over her.

I have been there, (when I was much younger) where my dislike for someone knows no bounds and everything they do annoys me. And the fact that they don't care is even worse. Cindy wasn't fun to watch. She seemed so uncomfortable in her skin.

Edited by imjagain

Ramona's over the top reaction was bizarre, they were cigars for God sake!

While watching the old episodes I realized Cindy's brother's girl friend looked a lot like Cindy. I always find that odd.

I enjoyed the Cindy /Sonja fued because the only person that cared about it was Cindy ha! Sonja was over her.

I have been there, (when I was much younger) where my dislike for someone knows no bounds and everything they do annoys me. And the fact that they don't care is even worse. Cindy wasn't fun to watch. She seemed so uncomfortable in her skin.

And I swear Cindy had scenes in which she reminded me of Madeline from the House of Usher.  All pale and drawn and her hair all matted up, looking for all the world like she had just popped out of bed and caught a cab to wherever she had to be.  Being "stylish" is one thing I think it's safe to say no one will ever accuse Cindy of being.  Even a hairbrush would be a grand start in her daily grooming routine.  

• Love 1

Wasn't she the only one of the women on the dark haired team to be semi-nice to Alex before going off on her at the reunion?

I do remember one scene of her and Kelly having drinks where Kelly was debating about how to text someone and was talking all crazy.. and you had Cindy just looking at her like she was nuts.

Plus, I remember one scene where Kelly and Cindy are treking to Brooklyn to go to a party thrown by Alex and they are complaining during the walk only to get there.. say hi to Alex then leave?  They made it sound like they had traveled hours to get to Brooklyn.  Is it that difficult to get from Manhatten to Brooklyn?  I live in the Chicago burbs and it can take hours to get from one burb to another.. or to get from one part of the city to another part depending on time of day you are traveling.

I remember the cigar smoking guy seemed to be flaunting the fact that he was smoking Ramona's deceased friends cigar....  I thought that was what really triggered her aggravation.  If not, then how could she know whose cigar the guy was smoking? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I remember the cigar smoking guy seemed to be flaunting the fact that he was smoking Ramona's deceased friends cigar.... I thought that was what really triggered her aggravation. If not, then how could she know whose cigar the guy was smoking?

Did they show it? I just remember Ramona telling the story in a very Ramona way. I agree he must have told Ramona that they were her friends cigars. With only having Ramona's version, who knows if he was flaunting it. It easily could have come up in a conversation. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

Did they show it? I just remember Ramona telling the story in a very Ramona way. I agree he must have told Ramona that they were her friends cigars. With only having Ramona's version, who knows if he was flaunting it. It easily could have come up in a conversation.

Thinking back, I'm not sure they did show it-- I may be remembering Ramona's version...  So who knows WHAT happened?!  ;)

• Love 1

Thinking back, I'm not sure they did show it-- I may be remembering Ramona's version... So who knows WHAT happened?! ;)

That was one of the few times with Ramona where I literally had no idea what she was talking about. Usually I can sift out the nugget of reality floating somewhere in Ramona's nutso view of the world. But that time I came up empty. I was at a total loss.

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @LISIN, @ONCESANE, @MYA STONE, @AETHERA.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.