Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Given the way she talks to Tinsley about it I feel pretty confident that she doesn't spend a lot of time there and I think the notion that everyone on the UES can't keep Tom's name out of their mouths unlikely. 

It only takes one person to pass on gossip to Carol.  One person who does spend a lot of time there and knows what people are talking about. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It only takes one person to pass on gossip to Carol.  One person who does spend a lot of time there and knows what people are talking about. 

Yes and it only takes one asshole like Carole to bring it up on camera.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

They all take turns being the asshole.  Carol is not unique.

Didn't say she was but since this is Carole's thread I was talking about her behavior.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jel said:

True confession: I didn't even catch the Tom is gay rumor, and I watch the show!

It was over dim sum and Bethenny went on to make a crack about Luann wearing a strap on. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It was over dim sum and Bethenny went on to make a crack about Luann wearing a strap on. 

Didn't Carole also repeat it at the non invited to the wedding party?

2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

She wouldn't like it if people made up rumors about Adam and since 1/3 of millennials consider themselves bi/gay there's a greater chance of that vegan smoking some sausage rather than Tom.

As a vegetarian, I have to ask.  Does being vegan give one the propensity for being gay?  I thought calling someone gay without proof was really bad. I'm getting confused. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Really? That was it? Is that the only"Tom is gay" source? That one I took to be a "Lu Man" thing, nothing about Tom, like it was a shot at her alone.

(Besides even if they do do that in the boudoir that activity alone would say nothing about a person's sexual orientation.)

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I really quite like Carole, but can't blame a single soul for bringing up the handlebars thing now, always, and forever. She almost lost me for good with that one. 

I just saw a picture of her riding on the handlebars of his bike with the dog in her arms.  Was it posted in this thread?  I think it was.

Man that pissed me off.  If she wants to be a dumb ass and ride through New York City traffic on her boyfriend's handlebars and risk injury, whatever.  But if she actually took a spill while holding the dog, where does she think that poor creature is going to end up?  Right in the middle of a busy damn street, probably scared out of his wits. I don't think I have to say any more.

She's a pinhead. 

31 minutes ago, Jel said:

True confession: I didn't even catch the Tom is gay rumor, and I watch the show!

I am not surprised you missed it.  What was Ramona's expression?  "turning holemills into mountains?"  because I actually went back and ff'd to the scene using on demand and it didn't seem to me that Carole was at all actually suggesting that Tom was gay at all.  She seemed to just be mentioning that people have noted that Tom is a certain age and not married and that it has led to some people thinking it means he must be gay.  She was sort of rolling her eyes at the suggestion, not in any way endorsing the idea.

I think WAY too much has been read into it. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I just saw a picture of her riding on the handlebars of his bike with the dog in her arms.  Was it posted in this thread?  I think it was.

Man that pissed me off.  If she wants to be a dumb ass and ride through New York City traffic on her boyfriend's handlebars and risk injury, whatever.  But if she actually took a spill while holding the dog, where does she think that poor creature is going to end up?  Right in the middle of a busy damn street, probably scared out of his wits. I don't think I have to say any more.

She's a pinhead. 

I am not surprised you missed it.  What was Ramona's expression?  "turning holemills into mountains?"  because I actually went back and ff'd to the scene using on demand and it didn't seem to me that Carole was at all actually suggesting that Tom was gay at all.  She seemed to just be mentioning that people have noted that Tom is a certain age and not married and that it has led to some people thinking it means he must be gay.  She was sort of rolling her eyes at the suggestion, not in any way endorsing the idea.

I think WAY too much has been read into it. 

Ohhh, thanks, Celia.  Holemills!

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

As a vegetarian, I have to ask.  Does being vegan give one the propensity for being gay?  I thought calling someone gay without proof was really bad. I'm getting confused. 

My point was that out of the 3 men on the show (Tom, John, Adam) the one most likely to be bi/gay would be Adam.  It has nothing to do with him being vegan, and I don't think he's gay. My point was Carole should not be implying that Tom is gay. 

Carole most definitely implied Tom was gay, not just with Bethenny but in her talking head complete with her stupid guffaws that she does when she laughs at her own jokes.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Carole most definitely implied Tom was gay, not just with Bethenny but in her talking head complete with her stupid guffaws that she does when she laughs at her own jokes.

Mentioning that some people suspect that a man in his 50's who has never married might be gay is implying he IS gay?

I don't agree.  Just mentioning a rumor doesn't mean you believe it.  There is a way to repeat a rumor when you mean to give it credence, and I didn't see Carole doing that at all.  Plus we are talking about a person who was part of promoting the idea that Tom is a hopeless womanizer.  It makes no sense to claim Tom is gay after that.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Agree to disagree on this one but I'm sure they were both implying he was gay and Luann uses a strap on on him to keep him happy.

But I do agree that it makes no sense that he was a womanizer and now he's gay and have said so in other posts. Watching it I was like wtf, pick a lane!!!

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I'm sure they were both implying he was gay and Luann uses a strap on on him to keep him happy.

LOL I think Bethenny was just trying to fulfill her contractual obligation to make a certain number of vulgar sex jokes per episode.  She was just doing her job! ;-)

• Love 9

Given the way she talks to Tinsley about it I feel pretty confident that she doesn't spend a lot of time there and I think the notion that everyone on the UES can't keep Tom's name out of their mouths unlikely. 

And as I mentioned, from what we've seen of Dorinda and Broolyn and John...one can't rule anything out.

Exactly.

Bethenny went on to make a crack about Luann wearing a strap on. 

I thought that was funny.

Mentioning that some people suspect that a man in his 50's who has never married might be gay is implying he IS gay?

Yup. I didn't see Carole implying it or saying it.

I'm sure they were both implying he was gay and Luann uses a strap on on him to keep him happy.

I think they were implying Luann was the dominant one in that relationship. Hey, in some straight couples, women do use strap-ons on their men...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

I think they were implying Luann was the dominant one in that relationship. Hey, in some straight couples, women do use strap-ons on their men...

Yes! It's called "pegging."  

And I learned about here at PTV in the Duggar thread!

• Love 3

Carole knew what she was doing when she made up repeated this rumor. It was nothing if not another jab at Luann and to try and make her look stupid for marrying a serial womanizer/closeted gay man. 

Carole could have cut the rumor off at the knees by not repeating it, but she gave it legs when she repeated it to Bethenny on camera and by repeating it once again in her talking head she gave it a pair of roller skates. 

But I expect nothing less from Carole, the bitch.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ryebread said:

I believe Carole had a fling with George.  Especially now that I know the Kennedy connection.  Also, George has a type.  Very thin, brunettes.  Except for the woman he was with for 5 years, during the time he was with Carole, who was a brunette but has curves for days, Lisa Snowden.

It would take someone like George Clooney for me to sleep with, so soon after my husband's death.

Maybe he still thinks of Carole.  Perhaps he calls his new twins, Baby and Baby. ;-)

Lisa Snowden, George and his mom.  Lisa was also with him from the time ER ended until 2005.

lisa-snowdon-george-clooney-and-nina-war

There is a "six degrees of separation" deal with so many of these people. They could have known each other though the Kennedy connection, but it could have been other friends that they had in common. Carole has been friends with the director Joel Schumacher for years. He appeared briefly on the show at one of her parties, and has publicly said that he was one of those that expressed concern when she decided to do the show. He was the one who directed Clooney in that Batman movie. Additionally, it sounds like Clooney was close to the Director Mike Nichols (he made some of the loveliest comments at his memorial), and of course Carole was very close to Nichols and his wife Diane Sawyer. There are probably many ways in which these two could have crossed paths.

• Love 4

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

Well, thanks all the same, FN, but I am in Canada and the CRTC will not allow me to view that clip because of "geographical restrictions". 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

19984835_453704101673965_857128590842527

Is it Baby on the left who likes to fly at the drapes?

Possibly related to KungFuKitty

That is such a great picture.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jel said:

Well, thanks all the same, FN, but I am in Canada and the CRTC will not allow me to view that clip because of "geographical restrictions". 

Goddammit, Jel! How dare they get between you and your housewifery?

Lights! Camera! Transcript!

The Scene: we cut back and forth from Carole's talking head (in brackets below) to Bethenny and Carole eating dim sum (and YES, it's really Kelly in the drawing -- but go with it -- pretend Kelly/Carole's hand gesture is about strap-on size)

Bethenny: ...he’s fifty, no guy wants to be alone--

Carole: I know - just to combat all the rumors.

(Carole: Of course, there are other kinds of rumors. He’s fifty, eligible, you know, he’s got a nickel in his pocket and a penthouse apartment and no wife and a couple of failed engagements...)

Bethenny:  She’ll strap one on,  like the rest – like the best, with the best of them.

Carole to camera:  (laughing) Yeah!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

No wonder Luann is friends with Cynthia, she must be hoping to get hooked up via Kandi with some diamond-tipped dildos for when she and Tom do The Pegging.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, film noire said:

Goddammit, Jel! How dare they get between you and your housewifery?

Lights! Camera! Transcript!

The Scene: we cut back and forth from Carole's talking head (in brackets below) to Bethenny and Carole eating dim sum (and YES, it's really Kelly in the drawing -- but go with it -- pretend Kelly/Carole's hand gesture is about strap-on size)

Bethenny: ...he’s fifty, no guy wants to be alone--

Carole: I know - just to combat all the rumors.

(Carole: Of course, there are other kinds of rumors. He’s fifty, eligible, you know, he’s got a nickel in his pocket and a penthouse apartment and no wife and a couple of failed engagements...)

Bethenny:  She’ll strap one on,  like the rest – like the best, with the best of them.

Carole to camera:  (laughing) Yeah!

Thank you for typing that out, FN :)

Is this the example of "Carole and Bethenny are spreading rumors that Tom is gay"?  I see it differently, and I think that's actually a perfect example of "snark" and nothing more.  This was two friends who share a rather caustic humor, cracking wise. That's it -- if they were trying to make the point that they think Tom is gay, I feel certain most of the audience would have picked up on that and come away with a reaction more like, "OMG is Tom gay?" Instead of "Whaaaa? someone said Tom was gay? They did? Who? When?" etc.

I

• Love 9

I feel certain most of the audience would have picked up on that and come away with a reaction more like, "OMG is Tom gay?" Instead of "Whaaaa? someone said Tom was gay? They did? Who? When?" etc.

;-)

giphy.gif

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jel said:

if they were trying to make the point that they think Tom is gay, I feel certain most of the audience would have picked up on that and come away with a reaction more like, "OMG is Tom gay?" 

I think the issue is not that they were trying to definitively prove Tom was gay, but that they were trading in gay stereotypes in order to spread a rumor --unmarried, failed engagements, strap-ons, etc (all Carole needed to say was "closet queen" to achieve gay bingo).

But if that wasn't the point, what do you think Carole was saying? What's the non-gay rumour she was spreading? I don't see anything in there that isn't "he's gay & their marriage is a joke". 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

what do you think Carole was saying?

That there were already existing rumors about Tom.

Plus, if she was going the "closet queen" route, she would have gone much further with the stereotypes. like. "Tom sits in his penthouse, wearing a kimono, sipping a cosmopolitan, watching The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, while The Best of Liza Minelli plays in the background". 

• Love 6
(edited)

There were no rumors except the ones Carole started. 

Once again if she did hear it from someone else (doubtful) she could have stopped it and cut the rumors off at the knees by NOT REPEATING it , at least not on camera to Bethenny.  By doing that she gave the rumor legs and by repeating it a SECOND time, in her talking head. she gave the damn thing roller skates. Or handlebars to sit on as it jauntily rode across town.

How were their innuendos anything but a total bitch move to make it seem like Lu is so desperate she'll marry a gay man who was a womanizer the previous week? Oh, but Carole is just a girl's girl who spreads light and love wherever she goes and was trying to be....? Helpful, concerned......? Or catty?

I think Carole still hates Luann even though Lu has apologized multiple times and moved on and is trying to have a nice life.

Seeing Luann happy and smiling is like poison to hags like Carole and Bethenny

The gruesome twosome would only be happy if Lu was forced to do a Cersei walk of shame down 5th Avenue with them taking turns ringing the bell shouting shame shame shame!

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 9
(edited)

What was Carole intent in passing them on?

Nothing, really. She and Bethenny discussed it, the producers followed up on it in the TH.

Seeing Luann happy and smiling is like poison to hags like Carole and Bethenny

I don't think either of them are that invested in Luann. As opposed to say, Ramona, and maybe Sonja. But mostly Ramona.

If anything, the discussion on here is giving the rumors more legs than than Carole and Bethenny's conversation and Carole's TH combined.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
Just now, BBHN said:

I don't think either of them are that invested in Luann. 

They are 100% invested in Luann's downfall. That's why they were talking about her at lunch. If they didn't care they wouldn't have even brought it up.

• Love 8
(edited)

They were talking about her because people discuss their co-workers. All the HWs have done it in the past, are currently doing it now, and will probably do it in the future.

And Carole also said Luann looked nice and happy at the wedding, from the pics she saw.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
(edited)

In my opinion Carole is on her rehabilitation tour this season and is trying to play nice to the other HW's because of how horribly she came off last season.  And without Bethenny to protect her she's cozying up to Dorinda who she hopes will be her protector next season. Because Carole is a weak cowardly bitch who only says shit in her TH's and never to someone's face. (unless that face is attached to a one legged woman on a flight of stairs.) That is the only reason she said anything nice about Luann's appearance before spreading rumors like the mean girl she is.  IMO

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, BBHN said:

They were talking about her because people discuss their co-workers. All the HWs have done it in the past, are currently doing it now, and will probably do it in the future.

And Carole also said Luann looked nice and happy at the wedding, from the pics she saw.

OMG Carole started a rumor that Luann is "Happy" That bitch!

• Love 12

because of how horribly she came off last season

Not to everyone...plus, she was cozying up to Dorinda last season, when they bonded over being widows and London.

OMG Carole started a rumor that Luann is "Happy" That bitch!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

They are 100% invested in Luann's downfall. That's why they were talking about her at lunch. If they didn't care they wouldn't have even brought it up.

I'd have to rewatch the season, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that they are "100% invested in Luann's downfall". I think that at times they have found her to be pathetic perhaps in what she is willing to accept. But I don't think they care as much about Lu and her marriage as some might believe. I actually doubt they give Lu much thought when they are not filming this show and interacting with each other. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I think the issue is not that they were trying to definitively prove Tom was gay, but that they were trading in gay stereotypes in order to spread a rumor --unmarried, failed engagements, strap-ons, etc (all Carole needed to say was "closet queen" to achieve gay bingo).

But if that wasn't the point, what do you think Carole was saying? What's the non-gay rumour she was spreading? I don't see anything in there that isn't "he's gay & their marriage is a joke". 

Honestly Noire, I think you're looking too hard.  They share a similar sense of humor and were making a joke is what I think, and sometimes a joke is just a joke, said for a laugh and nothing more.  

1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

In my opinion Carole is on her rehabilitation tour this season and is trying to play nice to the other HW's because of how horribly she came off last season.  And without Bethenny to protect her she's cozying up to Dorinda who she hopes will be her protector next season. Because Carole is a weak cowardly bitch who only says shit in her TH's and never to someone's face. (unless that face is attached to a one legged woman on a flight of stairs.) That is the only reason she said anything nice about Luann's appearance before spreading rumors like the mean girl she is.  IMO

Bethenny says things to people's faces, but that's not too popular either.

These two can't win for losing.

• Love 14
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Jel said:

They share a similar sense of humor and were making a joke is what I think, and sometimes a joke is just a joke, said for a laugh and nothing more.  

I know it's a joke to those two women -- imo, that's part of the problem : (

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

Even if Tom were to be gay, it is not their places to disparage Luann's relationship.

Of course, they have zero story line and being bitchy, is where it's at!

Sorry but to be so obsessed with a co worker's marriage is not healthy or cool for that matter.

Move along, ladies. It is not a good look, imo.

• Love 7

Of course, they have zero story

Bethenny has her feud with Ramona. Carole seems to be developing a friendship with Tinsley.

Sorry but to be so obsessed with a co worker's marriage is not healthy or cool for that matter

The wedding happened around then, so why wouldn't they discuss it?

It is not a good look, imo.

I thought it was a funny joke.

• Love 4

I was surprised to see so much convo about that scene. I definitely didn't come away from it thinking that Carole or B actually think Tom is gay or that they were even insinuating it in a serious way. It seemed like a throwaway to me. I thought it was clear that production asked Carole about it and she said yeah there are rumors because of the regular old stereotypical reasons why a crowd (especially an UES one) would start rumors about a man - older, never married, has cash, engaged before, blah blah. I didn't think it was a big deal. Bethenny made a strap on joke, because of course she did. I haven't seen anyone else talking about it on SM at all. 

• Love 9

No wonder Beth and Andy get along so well, they both make off color remarks.

i am still surprised at the fact that Bravo aired his "men love to get their dicks sucked" and Beth talking about strap on and anal sex and so forth.

Times are changing...

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Even if Tom were to be gay, it is not their places to disparage Luann's relationship.

Of course, they have zero story line and being bitchy, is where it's at!

Sorry but to be so obsessed with a co worker's marriage is not healthy or cool for that matter.

Move along, ladies. It is not a good look, imo.

Here is my theory-I believe after they filmed the Reunion last July, Carole and Bethenny were still pretty convinced (the Tom getting caught kissing the chick at The Regency had not aired) that Luann would be humiliated enough to pull the plug on the wedding.  It also seemed as if Carole, Bethenny and Ramona believed the engagement was just a storyline.  Last season was pretty dry in the storyline department, a few John scenes, Jules and her issues, Bethenny and her fibroids.  So when Luann hooks up with Tom and gets engaged and goes to the press the others and I can see their point maybe just assumed it was like Harry's deal with Sonja.  All of a sudden it was about Tom and who he bedded.  Plus at the Reunion Ramona indicated there was more (a bluff). By the time the contracts for this season were signed, Luann had invited the guests, and the other women knew or should have known it was real and Luann was not doing it for a special or more screen time, because she only invited Dorinda.  She had given so many interviews about how happy she and Tom were.

Then the running gag becomes who was and wasn't invited even though the invitations had gone out weeks earlier, production schedules were set and the like.  The earlier part of the conversation before the gay slap between the two was something along the lines if Luann really got married. 

Now the season is about half way through shooting and even though 10 months had passed since The Regency it had only been public for a couple of months.  Obviously Luann and Tom had a great summer taking a European cruise and wedding planning.  They did the Berkshires intervention, where the women were "giving Luann permission to bolt (and of course would make them right). It was pretty close to cruel and all that is left is for those uninvited is to question the importance of their marriage.  Now Luann is married and she isn't suppose to talk about it or celebrate it unless there is a human emotion such as, "I'm in my honeymoon phase," contrast that with Luann not suppose to be happy over getting engaged.  Sonja is still acting the ass claiming she has to transition into Tom being married.

The speculation regarding Tom and Luann's marriage spills over quite frequently onto WWHL, where various Bravo fan celebrities make predictions about the union lasting and when they will split.  IMO it is officially the RYONC storyline until something bigger breaks and so far it just really hasn't happened.  I don't think Jason getting arrested will replace the Luann/Tom stuff just because it is a legal thing and there is no upside.  Ramona has made such a wholesale ass out of herself there is no one cheering for her.  Carole still has no storyline except misbehaving kittens and a tired old sofa.

So Carole is left with innuendo and the Barbara conversation and Luann is married.

• Love 7

I was surprised to see so much convo about that scene. I definitely didn't come away from it thinking that Carole or B actually think Tom is gay or that they were even insinuating it in a serious way. It seemed like a throwaway to me. I thought it was clear that production asked Carole about it and she said yeah there are rumors because of the regular old stereotypical reasons why a crowd (especially an UES one) would start rumors about a man - older, never married, has cash, engaged before, blah blah. I didn't think it was a big deal. Bethenny made a strap on joke, because of course she did. I haven't seen anyone else talking about it on SM at all. 

Exactly.

• Love 4