Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

who cares about the leaking implants? they didn't cause her symptoms

But she didn't just have implants that may have caused a problem - one of them had 'burst' and I'm sure that didn't do her body any favors.  I have no medical background but I lump that in with her weekly colonics, her lemon water/hot pepper 'cleanses' her closet full of herbal medications and it's no wonder that she has not been well in years.  The cumulative effect of all her fixes is slowly killing her.

• Love 3

http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/03/29/david-foster-reveals-relationship-ex-yolanda-hadid-stands-today/  Sounds like Yo gave Dave the heave ho.  Amazing he could wrangle noisy musicians for the gala honoring her.

I've got it!! The answer to all of Yolanda's woes.... she needs to go visit the Pope.

There was a story on GMA this morning of a little girl who had Lyme, had lost all feeling in her feet and legs. She saw the Pope and was miraculously cured.

But if Yo saw the Pope and was cured, she'd have nothing to garner sympathy and have conversations about her journey anymore. It's a lose/lose situation. LOL

If nothing else she could go to the Vatican  and catch up on the latest Slade gossip. 

• Love 6

http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/03/29/david-foster-reveals-relationship-ex-yolanda-hadid-stands-today/  Sounds like Yo gave Dave the heave ho.  Amazing he could wrangle noisy musicians for the gala honoring her.

If nothing else she could go to the Vatican  and catch up on the latest Slade gossip. 

I love the comment that said: 

"If it’s so good why did she file for divorce? When will she announce dr klingheart and her are dating?"

• Love 5

Its good to know poor Yo managed to drag her frail body to Tahiti for a much needed rest.    Since she's now impoverished, I hope her friend Ellie floated her a loan from the Go-Fund-Me page.  And I'm sure she will spend the entire time on a beach in her bathrobe, and some locals will arrange for her to experience a breadfruit colonic. 

• Love 8

... And I'm sure she will spend the entire time on a beach in her bathrobe, and some locals will arrange for her to experience a breadfruit colonic. 

She maybe will do some water skiing, in order to get a kind of "sportive" colonic ^_^ (yes, when you fall on your butt, it happens. Trust me, lol !)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 3

Agree with most of the sentiments regarding this episode- LOVED seeing the opulence of Dubai (I always love episodes when the HWs go on trips), the lightheartedness of the jail question, and the caftans (I myself love a good mumu)!!  Side note- LVP looked STUNNING in thecaftan with her hair up, and much, much younger.

My complaints are that I am SO sick of the Yolanda conversation.  That clearly is the main issue this season, and its tired.  Normally there are several storylines per season, and thus far the only others are Eileen/LVP faceoff, and Kathryn/Erika, which fizzled quickly.

Never imagined I'd say this, but I actually miss Kim and Brandi.  Yes, they are insane and somewhat despicable (Brandi somewhat and Kim completely), but they brought the drama and kept it interesting.

I believe the season is only halfway over (is that accurate?) and, if so, they'd better create another storyline because Yo/Lyme is utterly old and boring.

• Love 1

who cares about the leaking implants? they didn't cause her symptoms

I never inferred her leaking implant was the CAUSE of any of her symptoms, My comment was merely about the fact that 100 doctors were 'unable' to find it. That's all, nothing more? When you see a new doctor, if they don't sacrifice goats, burn incense or tell you that spirochetes live in your peepee - they will have you fill out a long form about your medical history, then do a physical exam and all the necessary tests. He will order MORE tests if you complain or he finds something wrong in the tests he orders. 

After YEARS of doing what I did, many times there are patients who either refuse tests, scans and treatments. They also downplay their symptomology - then later on complain that the doctor was 'stupid'. Medicine has evolved from 'the doctor knows best' to 'be a part of your treatment'. There is no excuse on the planet for people to be that ill informed about getting medical treatment or people throwing out stories about getting questionable treatments that are nothing but quackery?

• Love 3

One thing about getting Mohammed's pre-nup tossed out.  I can't imagine that what she got was much.  Or, maybe she blew through a big mound of cash.  Her new digs are pretty basic and don't scream "loaded" to me.

• Love 1

http://jezebel.com/how-celebrities-are-changing-the-way-we-see-chronic-lym-1764109037

Interesting article on CLD

If you read the comments section the majority of commenters agree with forum .

Omg this comment is hysterical

In the future, historians will wonder why we listened to the useless advice given to us by our medical establishment and didn’t pay more attention to these enlightened celebrities who have warned us against the dangers of vaccines, thetans, and chronic lyme disease.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 6

I never inferred her leaking implant was the CAUSE of any of her symptoms, My comment was merely about the fact that 100 doctors were 'unable' to find it. That's all, nothing more? When you see a new doctor, if they don't sacrifice goats, burn incense or tell you that spirochetes live in your peepee - they will have you fill out a long form about your medical history, then do a physical exam and all the necessary tests. He will order MORE tests if you complain or he finds something wrong in the tests he orders. 

After YEARS of doing what I did, many times there are patients who either refuse tests, scans and treatments. They also downplay their symptomology - then later on complain that the doctor was 'stupid'. Medicine has evolved from 'the doctor knows best' to 'be a part of your treatment'. There is no excuse on the planet for people to be that ill informed about getting medical treatment or people throwing out stories about getting questionable treatments that are nothing but quackery?

also from your initial post--> "Had ONE of 100 been a halfway decent doc, they would have found out that her implant was leaking."

I'm sure she initially saw some decent doctors, especially during her hospitalization at Cedars Sinai Hospital. Why would they go looking for residual silicone from a old ruptured implant if it wasn't relevant to her signs and symptoms? That's what the quacks are for. I don't understand why it is necessary to find "it" when "it" is irrelevant yet for some reason this determines a doctors competency (decent doc)?

No need to explain healthcare or the healthcare system to me~I'm well versed in it.

I suspect Yo saw 25 great/decent doctors and after an extensive negative work up and being told it was related to depression (she was put on anti-depressants but it doesn't sound like she took them for long or had the dose adjusted after being on them AND probably didn't combine it with therapy, like cognitive behavioral therapy) and chronic fatigue syndrome she wasn't satisfied and kept searching for a better answer until she found quacks that worked with her. LOL, or she had lyme disease and the antibiotics killed it and now she has post-treatment lyme syndrome combined with a personality disorder and a propensity for lying and histrionics.

Considering the chiropractor who runs the cryotherapy center is considered a doctor (didn't he have a doctor of chiropractic....), technically a doctor but not an MD, I'm not surprised she has seen 100+ "doctors". 

• Love 4

http://jezebel.com/how-celebrities-are-changing-the-way-we-see-chronic-lym-1764109037

Interesting article on CLD

If you read the comments section the majority of commenters agree with forum .

Omg this comment is hysterical

In the future, historians will wonder why we listened to the useless advice given to us by our medical establishment and didn’t pay more attention to these enlightened celebrities who have warned us against the dangers of vaccines, thetans, and chronic lyme disease.

Thanks for the nightmares! This is why I think Yolanda is a public health threat--spreading propaganda/misinformation and (be nice and don't insult)....people believe her..... I started to read the comments but had to take a break after reading a few pro-chronic lyme comments.

• Love 4

^ don't forget her Koreatown " doctor" who tested her liver function by pushing on her thumb....because that makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the nightmares! This is why I think Yolanda is a public health threat--spreading propaganda/misinformation and (be nice and don't insult)....people believe her..... I started to read the comments but had to take a break after reading a few pro-chronic lyme comments.

Keep going it turns around. There's a very good response from an MD who had Lyme and a tick vector researcher. Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 5

also from your initial post--> "Had ONE of 100 been a halfway decent doc, they would have found out that her implant was leaking."

I'm sure she initially saw some decent doctors, especially during her hospitalization at Cedars Sinai Hospital. Why would they go looking for residual silicone from a old ruptured implant if it wasn't relevant to her signs and symptoms? That's what the quacks are for. I don't understand why it is necessary to find "it" when "it" is irrelevant yet for some reason this determines a doctors competency (decent doc)?

No need to explain healthcare or the healthcare system to me~I'm well versed in it.

I suspect Yo saw 25 great/decent doctors and after an extensive negative work up and being told it was related to depression (she was put on anti-depressants but it doesn't sound like she took them for long or had the dose adjusted after being on them AND probably didn't combine it with therapy, like cognitive behavioral therapy) and chronic fatigue syndrome she wasn't satisfied and kept searching for a better answer until she found quacks that worked with her. LOL, or she had lyme disease and the antibiotics killed it and now she has post-treatment lyme syndrome combined with a personality disorder and a propensity for lying and histrionics.

Considering the chiropractor who runs the cryotherapy center is considered a doctor (didn't he have a doctor of chiropractic....), technically a doctor but not an MD, I'm not surprised she has seen 100+ "doctors". 

Unless Yolanda never had a mammogram all these years, she had to have known there was loose/free silicone in her after the ruptured implants were removed 10+ years ago.

• Love 1

No one told her about the leaking implant and the possibility of encapsulation and her body rejecting the silicone - that happens with any 'foreign body' that is introduced into a body. Had someone picked that up and told her about it, she would have had them taken out a long time before. For someone who knows MORE about medicine than you and I, I am surprised that she went so long with a busted implant in her chest.

Her fucking insufferable spinning of her medical history is pretty entertaining.

• Love 3

^ don't forget her Koreatown " doctor" who tested her liver function by pushing on her thumb....because that makes perfect sense.

Keep going it turns around. There's a very good response from an MD who had Lyme and a tick vector researcher.

Still tons of "I have chronic lyme" comments but I got to one that said Bella was diagnosed over the phone! LOL (literally)

No one told her about the leaking implant and the possibility of encapsulation and her body rejecting the silicone - that happens with any 'foreign body' that is introduced into a body. Had someone picked that up and told her about it, she would have had them taken out a long time before. For someone who knows MORE about medicine than you and I, I am surprised that she went so long with a busted implant in her chest.

Her fucking insufferable spinning of her medical history is pretty entertaining.

Leaking silicone from breast implants doesn't cause an autoimmune disease and it is irrelevant to her symptoms. Who is this someone who knows more about medicine? You don't know me so please just speak for yourself.

• Love 1

Keep going it turns around. There's a very good response from an MD who had Lyme and a tick vector researcher.

She should have had talked to Shannon Beador about having her chi aligned and what to do if she loses a nozzle from a colonic?

Still tons of "I have chronic lyme" comments but I got to one that said Bella was diagnosed over the phone! LOL (literally)

Leaking silicone from breast implants doesn't cause an autoimmune disease and it is irrelevant to her symptoms. Who is this someone who knows more about medicine? You don't know me so please just speak for yourself.

I am talking about Yolanda knowing more about medicine than you and I.

No, I don't know you, My wife doesn't allow that. She gets crazy. I don't cross her, because I know better.

• Love 2

There were some good one and some funny ones but a lot of comments that sound like Daisy or one of Dr. Klinghardts' disciplines wrote.

Here's one I liked:

"MD here. I promise I’m actually a good one and ALSO I actually had diagnosed Lyme disease as a kid, and got normal antibiotics. I have never met an MD who thinks that chronic Lyme has any real basis in medical fact, or as close to fact as you can get in medicine.

The main thing I really don’t like about this article is the lack of emphasis, at all I think, on what a money-making venture this is for “Lyme Literate” physicians. I essentially consider them the same as Dr. Oz, taking advantage of gaps in medical knowledge to make money. It is disgusting, and I know actual people who have had Lyme get taken advantage of by these gross doctors.

Pain is pain, and I would absolutely work on treating pain with these patients, just like I would with anyone else with chronic pain of any sort. That is not my issue. These people who are suffering should not be blown off.

I think my moral of the story is that medicine is based on big trials and on consensus between LARGE groups of physicians. It is ALWAYS harder to argue against a social trend where conspiracy is involved (see vaccines and autism.) I would personally stay away from physicians who practice medicine that isn’t based on a group understanding of science, or at least based on research that is peer reviewed and published in an actual journal.

TL/DR: Lyme Literate physicians have no facts to back up what they do. Pain is real. See a doctor who doesn’t benefit directly from calling your illness chronic lyme."

I also like the comments that made me think of the anti-vaccine group battling the chronic lyme group;-)

• Love 9

She should have had talked to Shannon Beador about having her chi aligned and what to do if she loses a nozzle from a colonic?

I am talking about Yolanda knowing more about medicine than you and I.

No, I don't know you, My wife doesn't allow that. She gets crazy. I don't cross her, because I know better.

No wonder I was confused! Yolanda is dumber than a box of rocks. I thought you were talking about the asian surgeon who wore the hideous scrubs. I was gearing up for a surgeons are plumbers argument, especially if they work in a strip center/mall. Didn't Shannon Beador have something (fruit? crystals?) of a specific number in a bowl for good health/energy/some mumbo jumbo?

• Love 4

No wonder I was confused! Yolanda is dumber than a box of rocks. I thought you were talking about the asian surgeon who wore the hideous scrubs. I was gearing up for a surgeons are plumbers argument, especially if they work in a strip center/mall. Didn't Shannon Beador have something (fruit? crystals?) of a specific number in a bowl for good health/energy/some mumbo jumbo?

I will say this about Shannon-when shit hit the fan she went to a board certified cardiologist and cut back her Dr. Moon time.  The rest of her mumbo jumbo is just stuff that interior designers make money off of-but when it comes to health issues she and her family go to real MDs.  I think she showed her mettle when she got Brooks into a world class oncologist no screwing around.

• Love 7

I will say this about Shannon-when shit hit the fan she went to a board certified cardiologist and cut back her Dr. Moon time.  The rest of her mumbo jumbo is just stuff that interior designers make money off of-but when it comes to health issues she and her family go to real MDs.  I think she showed her mettle when she got Brooks into a world class oncologist no screwing around.

Growing up, we used to laugh at my grandmothers jar of marijuana steeping in alcohol, for the rheuma-tiz, doncha know?

• Love 1

OMG, I just got to this part "There is even a Hollywood movie and proposed legislation targeting the evil establishment that is allegedly suppressing these new discoveries." 

They are going to brainwash people into believing the chronic lyme lie. 

OMG, I just got to this part "There is even a Hollywood movie and proposed legislation targeting the evil establishment that is allegedly suppressing these new discoveries." 

They are going to brainwash people into believing the chronic lyme lie. 

Nah, movie are multi-million dollar doings and legislation where?  Who would want sit through such a bunch of crap-I mean we know who would star in it.   

• Love 1

Nah, movie are multi-million dollar doings and legislation where?  Who would want sit through such a bunch of crap-I mean we know who would star in it.   

I could see a conspiracy theory movie with action going over well (fiction movie) as long as it has hot actors/actresses.

Remember when the FDA was trying to get authority over the vitamin/supplement industry (since the ingredients usually have none of what the bottle says it has). The supplement (alternative healthcare industry) threw tons of money into lobbying against it and even had commercials with Mel Gibson (back when he was popular) scaring people about how the government is trying to stop the sale of vitamin C or some other nonsense. It worked and the vitamin/supplement industry isn't monitored by the FDA.

Here's some of the legislation attempts (from the 1st article):

"Persuading IDSA to change its diagnostic guidelines is a core focus of chronic Lyme advocacy groups. ILADS argues that the current diagnostic measures rely too heavily on questionable standards. According to ILADS, “there is no reliable test to determine if someone has contracted Lyme disease or is cured of it.” They argue that the Western blot, a standard blood test, is not sensitive enough to detect and thus finely render the intricacies of Lyme; they advise “Lyme-literate” doctors to read the results of the Western blot differently in order to help diagnosis Lyme. Further, ILADS suggests that Lyme isn’t necessarily the result of a tick bite; according to their research, fewer than 50 percent of patients recall either tick bite or subsequent bulls-eye rash.

Since these groups have found little traction in at either the IDSA or the CDC, they have turned to politicians, who seem to be more willing to listen. In November 2006, Richard Blumenthal, then attorney general of Connecticut, launched an anti-trust investigation of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, arguing that their establishment of guidelines wrongfully allowed insurance companies to deny claims of accepted practices (namely, procedures advocated by ILADS).

When Blumenthal made his announcement, he was accompanied by Debbie Siciliano and Diane Blanchard, founders of a Time for Lyme, a chronic Lyme advocacy group. Blumenthal believed that IDSA was conspiring with insurance companies to purposefully deny chronic Lyme patients coverage for the most common treatment: long-term intravenous antibiotics. In an interview with Spin conducted by now Jezebel editor Julianne Escobedo Shepherd, Kathleen Hanna described wearing a PICC line for nine months for precisely this purpose.

To be clear, there is no evidence that long-term intravenous antibiotics are effective, either for chronic Lyme or PTLDS patients. A 2007 report in the New England Journal of Medicine collected data from three double-blind, placebo-controlled trials:

“[The studies] have shown that there is substantial risk, with little or no benefit, associated with additional antibiotic treatment for patients who have long-standing subjective symptoms after appropriate initial treatment for an episode of Lyme disease.”

The report also found that patients with long-term intravenous inserts were at far greater risk for infection and death. And yet Blumenthal, who has long styled himself a crusader of sorts, was swayed by the activists’ point of view. In order to settle the lawsuit, IDSA agreed to the appointment of an independent panel to assess its guidelines. The panel unanimously found no fault with IDSA’s diagnostic and treatment guidelines and quickly reaffirmed them.

Though Blumenthal’s lawsuit had no effect, it confirmed one of the chronic Lyme community’s core beliefs about itself: that they were the victims of a vast conspiracy between untrusted and disliked institutions (the government, insurance companies, and medical organizations). Internet forums dedicated to digitally nurturing that community compare IDSA’s “cover up” with the Tuskegee syphilis experiment, a deeply unethical clinical study undertaken by the U.S. Public Health Service between 1932 and 1972. The Tuskegee experiment tracked the progression of syphilis in some 600 black men in Alabama, denying its subjects access to penicillin, which was known to be the common cure for the infection as early as 1947."

• Love 2

Bear with me for a second.... If we go by Yolanda's timeline here, she has been taking/doing unregulated/untested supplements/treatments for years. When she had her explant surgery, she made a very quick recovery, she was even able to get back into a gym within 3 weeks of the surgery and then she started to complain that she was feeling bad again, relapsing. Think about it, what was the major difference during the good weeks and the relapse other than the silicone removal? It was that she would not have been allowed to take any of those supplements or treatments, like her beloved colonics, for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery and for 1 to 2 months after the surgery. Then she goes back to her normal supplement/treatment garbage and she starts to decline health wise once more. This is the junk science she is peddling to the public and sadly, many are falling for it.

• Love 15

I truly think that when Yolanda was a young woman, she thought of the United States as a place where pockets are lined with gold -- and she was out to get as much of it as possible.  If she could marry the right man ($$$), tell the right story, she, too, could do well.  Along the way, I think she found "illnesses" to be convenient for her.  They gained her sympathy and gave her something to talk about, especially if they were exotic enough.

I guess we could theorize all day and all night about what makes Yolanda tick, and we'd still wind up wondering.  One thing seems obvious to me:  She isn't afraid of hard work.  She has done everything in her power to assure that her children are successful, wealthy and famous.  Now, though, her web of deceit is beginning to collapse under the weight of too many stories that don't add up.   I was so impressed by Yolanda in the beginning, and now all that I can see is flashing red lights when I think of her.  She is, IMHO, a dangerous woman, a con artist, and her own worst enemy.  Her determination is frightening, most of all to herself.  What  lengths will she go to when she realizes that she has no credibility and has destroyed the love and respect of three children who believed in her and legions of fans she took for a ride?

Wow, wow, and wow! What a beautiful, succinct synopsis.

• Love 3

Again, I worked for the Labor and Delivery unit doing their stats and paperwork and in 13 years NEVER heard of a woman

'breaking her back' during labor. 

What most likely happened is that she had a bad back and slipped some discs, had a pinched nerve or another anomaly with her spine.  She probably wrenched her back during labor and 'broke' it.

Now, Having been born and being reminded of some things I 'did' to my mom after the birth and growing up? I can see her saying that to the Un-gigi. "Proudmommy suffered after she gave birth to you, you broke your mother's back....."

She just heaps guilt upon everyone in her life...That is the way she controls the situation/conversation. And god knows she needs to be in control?

Dang. Why did I go on vacation? This board is on fire. 

I haven't experienced this in my own family, but I have heard women making such comments in front of their children. It strikes me as mean and extremely unfair. Why would a mother burden a child that she loves with such information, real or not? 

Oh, that's right! I keep forgetting that babies control their own birth processes and are capable of intentionally harming their mothers during birth if they're in the mood. 

Anwar must have been quite a vindictive little infant.

Edited by homeperm
  • Love 8

Same here. What ever happened to critical thinking?

I don't know if it's entertaining, but I can't look away.

• Love 5

Why use that when you have Google and Celebs telling you what is wrong with you and how to fix it?  People really need to stop being sheep before it is too late!

I agree, it really isn't entertaining but it is really hard to look away. Bravo needs to stop with this style/type of storyline, it causes more harm than good.

• Love 4

I do not understand this woman. I'm way behind and I'm currently binge watching (just finished the "ponies are by the pool episode," lol) and off I hopped over to Yolanda's Instagram.

Jesus fucking Christ.

My health sucks too, I have anorexia and unmanaged epilepsy but hop on over to my Instagram (or any social media) and there are no gratuitous IV pictures or me looking skinny and sick in my hospital bed. Eh, I don't even talk about it on social media. I guess Yolanda is just a beacon of human kindness in a way that I can't be because I don't want to be the poster child for eating disorders, I just want to be well.

I don't know how, if she's as sick as she says she is, she can even be bothered posting all this shit on social media let alone even doing the show at all. She doesn't want to "raise awareness," she wants attention and it's distasteful. Like LVP I apparently don't have any empathy either (it must be an English thing, lol although I am a nurse so that's kinda worrying!) because there is not an iota of me that feels sorry for her.

Edited by FaithsMum
  • Love 15

There was a time when I thought Gigi was gorgeous.  Now I think she's a cute that isn't going to necessarily age well.  She has a lot of the right elements, but there's something about her face that reads tired and droopy.  

• Love 5

I do not understand this woman. I'm way behind and I'm currently binge watching (just finished the "ponies are by the pool episode," lol) and off I hopped over to Yolanda's Instagram.

Jesus fucking Christ.

My health sucks too, I have anorexia and unmanaged epilepsy but hop on over to my Instagram (or any social media) and there are no gratuitous IV pictures or me looking skinny and sick in my hospital bed. Eh, I don't even talk about it on social media. I guess Yolanda is just a beacon of human kindness in a way that I can't be because I don't want to be the poster child for eating disorders, I just want to be well.

I don't know how, if she's as sick as she says she is, she can even be bothered posting all this shit on social media let alone even doing the show at all. She doesn't want to "raise awareness," she wants attention and it's distasteful. Like LVP I apparently don't have any empathy either (it must be an English thing, lol although I am a nurse so that's kinda worrying!) because there is not an iota of me that feels sorry for her.

I wish you the best with what your dealing with.  Kudos to you for bringing this up.  There are so many people dealing with illnesses, conditions, diseases, etc. but they don't post the stuff that Yo posts.  It's not normal.  It's disturbing and quite frankly, a sickness in itself.  And yeah, for a person who is so sick, it's amazing how she is able to constantly post on social media. 

• Love 4

The scam being perpetrated is on us.

Here is a buffoon who shows up on a TV show with a story that, like the proverbial visitors and fish, began to stink after a few days.

No one has seen any paperwork/lab or medical reports that support any of her claims and if they were produced? Their origin is suspect,

We can't say anything about her condition because that makes us 'uneducated' - but it turns out, it has nothing to do with education.

It's all about being honest, up front and making it so no one questions your word.

She failed in all those areas.

It's a totally punk assed move to do what she did - she shouldn't have to prove she is sick - She HAS to.  And not with some paperwork from the Acme Medical Supply and Doughnut Company. Real lab work from a real lab.

Funny how the truth can set you free?

• Love 6

Let me define 'entertaining'?

There is a certain protocol that's followed when you fall ill. You go see a doctor. A 'good' doctor will do a total evaluation and order basic tests. IF he cannot glean a solution to the problem, he orders MORE tests or sends you to a specialist. The cycle starts again and unless you have that one-in-a-million disease, you will get some kind of answer, treatment, cure before too long?

I am entertained by the cleanses, IVs, pills and treatments that have no or questionable value in relationship to the disease you are concerned about.

• Love 3
One is a stress filmed reality tv filming shoot, the other is a luxury vacation. Separated by over 6 months.

There was a time when I thought Gigi was gorgeous. Now I think she's a cute that isn't going to necessarily age well. She has a lot of the right elements, but there's something about her face that reads tired and droopy.

That is a particularly hideous cover.
  • Love 2

So Ellie can barely speak and cannot eat or drink.  She is comfortable in a hotel in Paris, with friends beginning to congregate . . . .her BFF Yolanda goes to Bora Bora-the opposite direction from Paris.  Yolanda, Hollywood friend.

• Love 12
(edited)

I wish you the best with what your dealing with. Kudos to you for bringing this up. There are so many people dealing with illnesses, conditions, diseases, etc. but they don't post the stuff that Yo posts. It's not normal. It's disturbing and quite frankly, a sickness in itself. And yeah, for a person who is so sick, it's amazing how she is able to constantly post on social media.

Thank you. :)

The thing I don't get about Yo is that when you're chronically ill, it's really fucking boring. It's the forefront of your life and you get really sick of talking about it. I drive my husband insane because when he asks how I feel I always say I'm "fine" - it isn't that I'm being intentionally dishonest when I'm not fine, I just get sick of the sound of my own voice with regards to my anorexia. I want to babble about everyday "normal" things like Real Housewives and what book I'm reading or something funny one of my kids did or said, you know?

But Yo is addicted to the attention that being sick brings and, for me, and everyone else I have known with chronic illnesses they're fucking tired of the attention. I almost hate her for using it to manipulate people - Kyle let that email go because she's "sick" since no one wants to be the person who nails someone who's struggling to a wall. I do get why they allow her this but it pisses me off since being sick doesn't give you a free pass to be shitty. When I'm snarky and grouchy and in my mean girl mode, you can bet the people around me call me out on it... And so they should! I don't get a free pass on being an arsehole because I'm unwell. That isn't fair on them and it's not good for me. I hate that Yo knows this and uses it to manipulate the others into accepting whatever bad behaviour she throws at them.

I'm fascinated by her social media presence - I have been around since TWoP but I post intermittently depending on my health. If she's so sick she can't get out of freaking bed for months or watch TV, how is she managing to take a fucking selfie, figure out how to upload it onto Instagram, write a coherent caption etc? You know, since she only has 10% brain function or whatever it is.

She is sick, but not the kind of sickness she thinks. Crazy over here recognises crazy. :)

Jesus, this woman is bad for my blood pressure, lol.

Edited by FaithsMum
  • Love 19

Thank you. :)

The thing I don't get about Yo is that when you're chronically ill, it's really fucking boring. It's the forefront of your life and you get really sick of talking about it. I drive my husband insane because when he asks how I feel I always say I'm "fine" - it isn't that I'm being intentionally dishonest when I'm not fine, I just get sick of the sound of my own voice with regards to my anorexia. I want to babble about everyday "normal" things like Real Housewives and what book I'm reading or something funny one of my kids did or said, you know?

But Yo is allergic to the attention that being sick brings and, for me, and everyone else I have known with chronic illnesses they're fucking tired of the attention. I almost hate her for using it to manipulate people - Kyle let that email go because she's "sick" since no one wants to be the person who nails someone who's struggling to a wall. I do get why they allow her this but it pisses me off since being sick doesn't give you a free pass to be shitty. When I'm snarky and grouchy and in my mean girl mode, you can bet the people around me call me out on it... And so they should! I don't get a free pass on being an arsehole because I'm unwell. That isn't fair on them and it's not good for me. I hate that Yo knows this and uses it to manipulate the others into accepting whatever bad behaviour she throws at them.

I'm fascinated by her social media presence - I have been around since TWoP but I post intermittently depending on my health. If she's so sick she can't get out of freaking bed for months or watch TV, how is she managing to take a fucking selfie, figure out how to upload it onto Instagram, write a coherent caption etc? You know, since she only has 10% brain function or whatever it is.

She is sick, but not the kind of sickness she thinks. Crazy over here recognises crazy. :)

Jesus, this woman is bad for my blood pressure, lol.

I agree except for the word I bolded, she is "addicted" to the attention and demands more. The more you give her, the more she demands, it is never enough but don't expect to get any of it back from her if say you get sick or need a shoulder to cry on because no one has ever had it as bad as she has, no one......ever and she will never let you forget it.

Keep up the good fight FaithsMum, we are all cheering you on!

• Love 11
(edited)

Dammit WireWrap, thanks for picking up on my typo - that's what happens when you rant at almost 3am! :)

I'm sure you'll all understand because Yo is lucky to have 10% brain function, mine is at 6%. Someone tweet her and let her know! :)

Edited by FaithsMum
  • Love 7

So if Yo has been laid up for years with this, two things come to mind:

How is it that her children, who are also diagnosed with the disease, are not similarly incapacitated? They seem to be out in the world and functioning just fine.

Second, in the article linked above about Hollywood and the disease, says it is a six month lay-up. How long has this been going on? Much longer than six months, I will wager. I would say hypochondriasis, but there are true symptoms of SOMEthing gone wrong. The constant focus on her health, to the exclusion of everything else, is disturbing and Yo's insistance that all bow down to her condition is even more so.

In any case, she needs to take a season off and get some serious professional care and get rid of the quacks.

• Love 6

This week's New England journal of medicine has a study called Randomized Trial of Longer Term Therapy for Symptons Attributed to Lyme Disease. The results were that long term therapy yielded no better results then short term therapy. An interesting side note they screened 1200 people to participate but most were ineligible (n=281) because they were determined not to have Lyme by serologic findings or had a coexisting condition that could explain symptoms .

• Love 9