Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Things are falling into place now after hearing from HumblePi, the links above and some more googling.  

Yolanda did have Lyme years ago and it was cured (this from David) as much as it could be.  She is now experiencing some symptoms from the damage Lyme left behind.  Maybe.

We know she has extensively researched Lyme.  She knows exactly what she could be experiencing now so she is!

She is a dramatic, lying sack of shit.  

I still question her LD diagnosis as she was diagnosed with CFS here in the US and went to Belgium to get a different opinion because she didn't believe the Dr.s here. Add to that, the Dr. in Belgium is questionable at best, as are her current Dr.s here in the US. So, I am NOT sure she really has or even had LD/NLD at all.

• Love 13

HumblePi: This must be frightening and confusing and very isolating for you. My deepest sympathies.

I can't even imagine how awful it must be to feel that and to have no way to explain it. A family member suffers from dementia and I can relate because I see his frustration and pain as the little things slip away. My heart goes out to you. I know dementia is not the same thing but it's all I have to compare, sorry.

I think if Yo tried to be less specific in her hyperbole I would be more sympathetic but she is so firm in her stories of 9 months, 4 years or whatever she just looks like she is lying. Which sends me red flags and I doubt her on everything. Only when confronted does she pull out the brain fog and percentages of brain function so it looks like a cover. I wonder how brain function is measured. Has she ever explained that?

• Love 11

This is pretty easy to read. I'm not a scientist, but I was able to understand it and it's veeeeeeery interesting.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra072023

homeperm: Yes! I've also been meaning to link this blog post by a neurologist from Yale that I came across when I was looking into "Chronic Lyme". It also links that particular article! 

I especially thought that his response to one of the comments was very interesting: "Actually what you are describing is a fairly typical case of neurolyme, minus the rash. You had a Bell’s palsy (I have personally never seen a case of neurolyme without a Bell’s), you had a positive serological test (ELISA and western blot), and you responded to antibiotics. This is very different from the pseudo-chronic lyme I was talking about in which the clinical case is atypical, the serology is negative, an there is no or only temporary response to antibiotics.

What you have now is not chronic lyme (meaning a chronic persistent active infection) but chronic neurological sequella to a prior lyme infection. In other words, the infection is gone but the damage is done, and so there are lingering symptoms of the damage. Usually nerves will recover, but to a variable degree, and if the original infection was severe there can be permanent symptoms."

HumblePi: I just want to make it clear that I definitely believe both in Lyme disease, and in the potentially debilitating mental effects from it. Those things are well documented. But that doesn't mean that everyone who experiences occasional brain fog has or has had Lyme disease. I used to take Yolanda's word that she'd had Lyme disease, and I still think she's convinced she has a chronic Lyme infection, but I no longer see any credibility in her word. 

Thanks Atwood and homeperm for posting insightful articles as opposed to the drivel I have been posting in the way of Bella photos.

At some point an independent third party is going to have to sit down with Yolanda and first pop the balloon she is hauling around with the premise, she is going to find the cure for chronic Lyme Disease.  It may have been endearing in the beginning but now it just borders on more self-absorption by Yolanda.  Most important Yolanda instead of foaming at the mouth about the CDC not doing their math correctly and claiming Lyme Disease is a pandemic, she needs to really absorb the actual number of people who came forward to enlist in studies for treatment of "chronic Lyme".  That in fact they had to search outside the norm to find enough candidates.  We are not talking 300,000 persons annually, we are talking about 500 people period.  From what I understand there is a cure for Lyme Disease and for the most part the 300,000+ who are diagnosed receive effective treatment.  It is this fuzzy group of Post-treatment symptoms, to the Post treatment syndrome of sufferers that need a consistent effective treatment.  It does not mean Yolanda needs to volunteer for every treatment that comes down the road.  It just means the number of people infected (and truly infected) are a very small number.  So first she must be dispelled that all Lyme Disease leads to her self-prescribed condition.

The second thing that needs to happen with Bella, Anwar and of course Gigi, with perhaps some back up from David and Mohamed is it is okay for her to be well a majority of the time.  She doesn't need to seek attention by de-beautification.   I hope by the time the Reunion taping rolls around she acknowledges what a stupid stunt the no make up and pony tail was or she simply resigns from the cast.     

Lastly, Yolanda desperately needs constant reassurance she is this intelligent woman.  She is confusing manipulation and opportunity with intelligence.  Her daughter Bella would not have been a model but for Yolanda's pushing Gigi down the throats of everyone who would listen and probably thousands of hours of Gigi learning how to pose with her slit eyes popped open without looking like she was goosed.  I see her constant condescension as nothing more that her over compensating for her lack of intelligence, learned or otherwise.  She may scream Lyme Brain, but the reality is, and this is not uncommon, is when her pre-planned bullshit is short circuited with the truth or someone else's view, she shuts down.  Her shutdown then becomes a weapon to launch at the others for their lack of empathy and compassion.

In short, Yolanda needs to learn it is okay to be well and just be a normal person, who from time to time may have sore joints, or migraines.  She chooses at this point to let her physical state (as ever changing as it is) to define her.  The dead giveaway about Yolanda's somatic disorder/factitious disorder is nothing ever works.  It would seem it would be time to go backwards and start eliminating treatments if nothing works.  She does not.

• Love 11
(edited)

This is pretty easy to read. I'm not a scientist, but I was able to understand it and it's veeeeeeery interesting.

Excellent article!

Bottom line: Yolanda is a public health THREAT! She and like minded lymephiles are doing harm. Just read the last 3 sections of the article, especially the "public domain" part. I included the "advice to clinicians" part just to show that "chronic lyme" is a misnomer (it's a bullshit diagnosis) and read the whole article to find out why. Now the part that freaks me out (Public Domain part) is how people like Yolanda ("celebrity") and organizations of fanatics who misguidedly think they have "chronic lyme disease".

Here are the last 3 sections:

"ADVICE TO CLINICIANS

How should clinicians handle the referral of symptomatic patients who are purported to have chronic Lyme disease? The scientific evidence against the concept of chronic Lyme disease should be discussed and the patient should be advised about the risks of unnecessary antibiotic therapy. The patient should be thoroughly evaluated for medical conditions that could explain the symptoms. If a diagnosis for which there is a specific treatment cannot be made, the goal should be to provide emotional support and management of pain, fatigue, or other symptoms as required.54-56 Explaining that there is no medication, such as an antibiotic, to cure the condition is one of the most difficult aspects of caring for such patients. Nevertheless, failure to do so in clear and empathetic language leaves the patient susceptible to those who would offer unproven and potentially dangerous therapies. Additional advice to clinicians is included in the Supplementary Appendix, available with the full text of this article at www.nejm.org.

CHRONIC LYME DISEASE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN

Physicians and laypeople who believe in the existence of chronic Lyme disease have formed societies, created charitable foundations, started numerous support groups (even in locations in which B. burgdorferi infection is not endemic), and developed their own management guidelines.5 Scientists who challenge the notion of chronic Lyme disease have been criticized severely.

The attorney general of Connecticut has begun an unprecedented antitrust investigation of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, which issued treatment guidelines for Lyme disease that do not support open-ended antibiotic treatment regimens.2 In some states, legislation has been proposed to require insurance companies to pay for prolonged intravenous therapy to treat chronic Lyme disease. The media frequently disregard complex scientific data in favor of testimonials about patients suffering from purported chronic Lyme disease and may even question the competence of clinicians who are reluctant to diagnose chronic Lyme disease. All these factors have contributed to a great deal of public confusion with little appreciation of the serious harm caused to many patients who have received a misdiagnosis and have been inappropriately treated.

CONCLUSIONS

Chronic Lyme disease is the latest in a series of syndromes that have been postulated in an attempt to attribute medically unexplained symptoms to particular infections. Other examples that have now lost credibility are “chronic candida syndrome” and “chronic Epstein–Barr virus infection.”57,58 The assumption that chronic, subjective symptoms are caused by persistent infection with B. burgdorferi is not supported by carefully conducted laboratory studies or by controlled treatment trials. Chronic Lyme disease, which is equated with chronic B. burgdorferi infection, is a misnomer, and the use of prolonged, dangerous, and expensive antibiotic treatments for it is not warranted."

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 14

Thanks Atwood and homeperm for posting insightful articles as opposed to the drivel I have been posting in the way of Bella photos.

At some point an independent third party is going to have to sit down with Yolanda and first pop the balloon she is hauling around with the premise, she is going to find the cure for chronic Lyme Disease.  It may have been endearing in the beginning but now it just borders on more self-absorption by Yolanda.  Most important Yolanda instead of foaming at the mouth about the CDC not doing their math correctly and claiming Lyme Disease is a pandemic, she needs to really absorb the actual number of people who came forward to enlist in studies for treatment of "chronic Lyme".  That in fact they had to search outside the norm to find enough candidates.  We are not talking 300,000 persons annually, we are talking about 500 people period.  From what I understand there is a cure for Lyme Disease and for the most part the 300,000+ who are diagnosed receive effective treatment.  It is this fuzzy group of Post-treatment symptoms, to the Post treatment syndrome of sufferers that need a consistent effective treatment.  It does not mean Yolanda needs to volunteer for every treatment that comes down the road.  It just means the number of people infected (and truly infected) are a very small number.  So first she must be dispelled that all Lyme Disease leads to her self-prescribed condition.

The second thing that needs to happen with Bella, Anwar and of course Gigi, with perhaps some back up from David and Mohamed is it is okay for her to be well a majority of the time.  She doesn't need to seek attention by de-beautification.   I hope by the time the Reunion taping rolls around she acknowledges what a stupid stunt the no make up and pony tail was or she simply resigns from the cast.     

Lastly, Yolanda desperately needs constant reassurance she is this intelligent woman.  She is confusing manipulation and opportunity with intelligence.  Her daughter Bella would not have been a model but for Yolanda's pushing Gigi down the throats of everyone who would listen and probably thousands of hours of Gigi learning how to pose with her slit eyes popped open without looking like she was goosed.  I see her constant condescension as nothing more that her over compensating for her lack of intelligence, learned or otherwise.  She may scream Lyme Brain, but the reality is, and this is not uncommon, is when her pre-planned bullshit is short circuited with the truth or someone else's view, she shuts down.  Her shutdown then becomes a weapon to launch at the others for their lack of empathy and compassion.

In short, Yolanda needs to learn it is okay to be well and just be a normal person, who from time to time may have sore joints, or migraines.  She chooses at this point to let her physical state (as ever changing as it is) to define her.  The dead giveaway about Yolanda's somatic disorder/factitious disorder is nothing ever works.  It would seem it would be time to go backwards and start eliminating treatments if nothing works.  She does not.

Well said Zoeysmom! 100%. Also, I like your "drivel" posts just as much. All put together, it's why I enjoy this forum.

• Love 6

Things are falling into place now after hearing from HumblePi, the links above and some more googling.  

Yolanda did have Lyme years ago and it was cured (this from David) as much as it could be.  She is now experiencing some symptoms from the damage Lyme left behind.  Maybe.

We know she has extensively researched Lyme.  She knows exactly what she could be experiencing now so she is!

She is a dramatic, lying sack of shit.  

ETA.  Her lingering Lyme symptoms did not appear until last season.  When she started she was healthy and stated that many times.  No article has mentioned damage from LD can show up much later.  pfffft

The link homeperm provided is great. Lyme doesn't hide out in cells and later become reactivated. I'm skeptical about if she ever had lyme disease to start with. I think she does a disservice to people who have lyme disease, post-treatment lyme disease and any other disease/disorder. She isn't helping anyone except herself and her kids.

• Love 11

Excellent article!

Bottom line: Yolanda is a public health THREAT! She and like minded lymephiles are doing harm. Just read the last 3 sections of the article, especially the "public domain" part. I included the "advice to clinicians" part just to show that "chronic lyme" is a misnomer (it's a bullshit diagnosis) and read the whole article to find out why. Now the part that freaks me out (Public Domain part) is how people like Yolanda ("celebrity") and organizations of fanatics who misguidedly think they have "chronic lyme disease".

Here are the last 3 sections:

"ADVICE TO CLINICIANS

How should clinicians handle the referral of symptomatic patients who are purported to have chronic Lyme disease? The scientific evidence against the concept of chronic Lyme disease should be discussed and the patient should be advised about the risks of unnecessary antibiotic therapy. The patient should be thoroughly evaluated for medical conditions that could explain the symptoms. If a diagnosis for which there is a specific treatment cannot be made, the goal should be to provide emotional support and management of pain, fatigue, or other symptoms as required.54-56 Explaining that there is no medication, such as an antibiotic, to cure the condition is one of the most difficult aspects of caring for such patients. Nevertheless, failure to do so in clear and empathetic language leaves the patient susceptible to those who would offer unproven and potentially dangerous therapies. Additional advice to clinicians is included in the Supplementary Appendix, available with the full text of this article at www.nejm.org.

CHRONIC LYME DISEASE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN

Physicians and laypeople who believe in the existence of chronic Lyme disease have formed societies, created charitable foundations, started numerous support groups (even in locations in which B. burgdorferi infection is not endemic), and developed their own management guidelines.5 Scientists who challenge the notion of chronic Lyme disease have been criticized severely.

The attorney general of Connecticut has begun an unprecedented antitrust investigation of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, which issued treatment guidelines for Lyme disease that do not support open-ended antibiotic treatment regimens.2 In some states, legislation has been proposed to require insurance companies to pay for prolonged intravenous therapy to treat chronic Lyme disease. The media frequently disregard complex scientific data in favor of testimonials about patients suffering from purported chronic Lyme disease and may even question the competence of clinicians who are reluctant to diagnose chronic Lyme disease. All these factors have contributed to a great deal of public confusion with little appreciation of the serious harm caused to many patients who have received a misdiagnosis and have been inappropriately treated.

CONCLUSIONS

Chronic Lyme disease is the latest in a series of syndromes that have been postulated in an attempt to attribute medically unexplained symptoms to particular infections. Other examples that have now lost credibility are “chronic candida syndrome” and “chronic Epstein–Barr virus infection.”57,58 The assumption that chronic, subjective symptoms are caused by persistent infection with B. burgdorferi is not supported by carefully conducted laboratory studies or by controlled treatment trials. Chronic Lyme disease, which is equated with chronic B. burgdorferi infection, is a misnomer, and the use of prolonged, dangerous, and expensive antibiotic treatments for it is not warranted."

I'm glad you found it as interesting as I did. It really clarified so much of what we've been discussing and put all of the pieces together for me. 

• Love 7

I'm glad you found it as interesting as I did. It really clarified so much of what we've been discussing and put all of the pieces together for me. 

I  enjoy reading META analysis and Systematic REVIEW Articles on topics of interests. Scientific critics of the multiple research articles is so informative and that link was superb.

• Love 3

I still question her LD diagnosis as she was diagnosed with CFS here in the US and went to Belgium to get a different opinion because she didn't believe the Dr.s here. Add to that, the Dr. in Belgium is questionable at best, as are her current Dr.s here in the US. So, I am NOT sure she really has or even had LD/NLD at all.

The ONLY reason I believe she may have had LD is because David mentioned she had it was treated and cured.  This happened before she went on HW.  

• Love 5

I have kept this information private, only a couple here know this but I am breaking my silence now to make a point. Years, decades ago I suffered a SEVERE Closed Head Trauma injury and needless to say, it altered the course of my life. I should have died, only about 1% of people that suffer the type of injury I had survive. My brain DOES swell and I have refused to get the shunt that is recommended for various personal reasons BUT I take "Lasix" daily to keep the swelling under control and livable. I get out of bed everyday, I shower, put on clothes, clean my house, watch my granddaughter, cook for my family, drive most days (some days I am bad enough I know driving is NOT a good idea for me and stay home), well, I live a pretty normal life, all things considered. I saw THE top Neuro Surgeon in our area (at a TOP nationally recognized hospital) when I was injured and THE top Neuros for my continuing care and never once have any of them given me a % as to brain function, be what I lost or how much is left/functioning correctly. Yolanda IS lying IMO.  

Huge high five to you, Wirewrap. You sound like a smart cookie.

• Love 5

The ONLY reason I believe she may have had LD is because David mentioned she had it was treated and cured.  This happened before she went on HW.  

I really can't focus on a timeline for obvious reasons, but I believe what transpired is in the fall of 2012, Yolanda went to Cedars Sinai and was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Somewhere between the CS stay in the fall and April of 2013, she went to Belgium and six weeks later was diagnosed with Lyme Disease.  She had a port put in and had it removed after three months and went to Florida to some feel good place but not for the six weeks or whatever she claimed.  Although this had to happen before filming began in 2013 in and around April of 2013 (during LVP's DWTS appearances).  I am not sure when the port went in but perhaps before the holidays.  Yolanda came on Season 3 (2012) and I believe was well enough to do the holidays that year. 

I think at this point anyone accusing Yolanda or the non-Gigis of not being ill is skating on thin ice.  I doubt at this point David or anyone close to Yolanda knows not what to believe unless they re receiving paycheck from her.  From her OZ appearance, it seems it takes a Daisy, a nurse, a chauffeur and a housekeeper to take care of Yolanda and Anwar.  I would think that acknowledging a cure or improvement would mean the loss of a paycheck for about three of those people.

• Love 11

I really can't focus on a timeline for obvious reasons, but I believe what transpired is in the fall of 2012, Yolanda went to Cedars Sinai and was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Somewhere between the CS stay in the fall and April of 2013, she went to Belgium and six weeks later was diagnosed with Lyme Disease.  She had a port put in and had it removed after three months and went to Florida to some feel good place but not for the six weeks or whatever she claimed.  Although this had to happen before filming began in 2013 in and around April of 2013 (during LVP's DWTS appearances).  I am not sure when the port went in but perhaps before the holidays.  Yolanda came on Season 3 (2012) and I believe was well enough to do the holidays that year. 

I think at this point anyone accusing Yolanda or the non-Gigis of not being ill is skating on thin ice.  I doubt at this point David or anyone close to Yolanda knows not what to believe unless they re receiving paycheck from her.  From her OZ appearance, it seems it takes a Daisy, a nurse, a chauffeur and a housekeeper to take care of Yolanda and Anwar.  I would think that acknowledging a cure or improvement would mean the loss of a paycheck for about three of those people.

Thanks, this is a lot of information I did not know.  

• Love 2

I don't think at this point that David would ever say that Yolanda really does have CFS and NOT LD, he would get eaten alive by her fans/followers if he did IMO.

That is a big deal Wire, thank you for sharing this.  And another drop in the very large bucket of lies for Yolanda. 

Thanks, I am NOT the person/wife/mom that I was before the accident, I am someone very different but I accept it because this IS my normal NOW. I refused to accept any limitations when it happened, I was a full time student (Pharm Tech School/Assoc. Degree) and refused to quit even though I didn't have any reading comprehension for months after it happened, I read out loud into a recorder and listened/played it back to understand what I was reading, time consuming but so worth it. I graduated with a 97% GPA and immediately got hired to work at the very same hospital I went to. LOL I was also working full time, had a son in elementary school, had/have a husband and had to care for them as well as the rest of my daily chores around the house. Not that I did anything special EXCEPT that I REFUSED to allow my new normal to rule me, I was and AM ruling IT! LOL Of course it helps that I am stubborn. LOL

At this point, anyone that would claim she is lying about having LD to begin with or even that she was "cured" quite some time ago risks being attacked in a very public way and I don't think anyone in her life is willing to risk it IMO.

• Love 19

Wire wrap, you are a bright and strong woman who suffered horribly. My heart goes out to anyone who is or has endured such traumas/illness/disorders. I admire the positive way you (wirewrap) have dealt with your situation~you don't let it hold you back or define yourself by your suffering.  You are practical and recognize your limits yet remain positive about what you still can do rather than focusing on the negative. So admirable and so opposite of Yolanda. It's sad but the squeaky wheel gets the grease (or whatever the saying is).

((wirewrap))

• Love 10

I don't think at this point that David would ever say that Yolanda really does have CFS and NOT LD, he would get eaten alive by her fans/followers if he did IMO.

Thanks, I am NOT the person/wife/mom that I was before the accident, I am someone very different but I accept it because this IS my normal NOW. I refused to accept any limitations when it happened, I was a full time student (Pharm Tech School/Assoc. Degree) and refused to quit even though I didn't have any reading comprehension for months after it happened, I read out loud into a recorder and listened/played it back to understand what I was reading, time consuming but so worth it. I graduated with a 97% GPA and immediately got hired to work at the very same hospital I went to. LOL I was also working full time, had a son in elementary school, had/have a husband and had to care for them as well as the rest of my daily chores around the house. Not that I did anything special EXCEPT that I REFUSED to allow my new normal to rule me, I was and AM ruling IT! LOL Of course it helps that I am stubborn. LOL

At this point, anyone that would claim she is lying about having LD to begin with or even that she was "cured" quite some time ago risks being attacked in a very public way and I don't think anyone in her life is willing to risk it IMO.

There are some kick ass people on this site (wirewrap here is a great example) and I don't think you realize how special/unique (in a good way) you are. 

I have to either laugh or get angry at Yolanda whenever she said "bedridden". There is no point in anger so now I just LOL whenever she says "bedridden". In my head I am say "bitch, please,...show me your decubitus ulcers (bed sores) or bed pan (or depends)" and "yeah sure you are bedridden.....by David".

Yolanda has mentioned that people in her family don't believe her. I assume Mo doesn't believe her based on what he told Lisa and his diplomatic tweet (like a politician who talks nice but doesn't say anything). Even her blog this week alluded to skeptics close to her:

"It is time for me to let go of any negativity. I feel for not only some of the women in this group but for those in my life who choose to judge my journey."

• Love 10

There are some kick ass people on this site (wirewrap here is a great example) and I don't think you realize how special/unique (in a good way) you are. 

I have to either laugh or get angry at Yolanda whenever she said "bedridden". There is no point in anger so now I just LOL whenever she says "bedridden". In my head I am say "bitch, please,...show me your decubitus ulcers (bed sores) or bed pan (or depends)" and "yeah sure you are bedridden.....by David".

Yolanda has mentioned that people in her family don't believe her. I assume Mo doesn't believe her based on what he told Lisa and his diplomatic tweet (like a politician who talks nice but doesn't say anything). Even her blog this week alluded to skeptics close to her:

"It is time for me to let go of any negativity. I feel for not only some of the women in this group but for those in my life who choose to judge my journey."

Thank You! I

I would love to hear what David's daughters feel about their soon be ex step mom and her "illness" claims. LOL

• Love 4

I think that if Yolanda stopped talking about her disease (whatever it is), wrote nothing more about it, posted no more sad-looking pictures related to it, and completely and utterly dropped the subject, thereby stopping this infernal plea for sympathy, the public would turn around in its regard for her.  If others asked her whether she didn't have Lyme disease anymore, and her answer was simply, "Yes, I still have it, but I've chosen to stop speaking about it," people who previously couldn't stand her would eventually almost admire her.

I think it isn't so much that Yolanda is ill, but the fact that it's all she talks about, that makes us angry.  We're all sick of it.  Many of us, RIGHT NOW, are living with some pretty terrible afflictions and unspeakable pain, but few know about it.  We choose not to ruin anyone else's day.  Yolanda has celebrated her suffering and invites the world to the biggest pity party I've seen in a long time.

I think that the public can be very forgiving, and if they read no more about Yo's personal life, she would see a change in people's attitudes toward her.  I wish that she would try it.

• Love 7

I think that if Yolanda stopped talking about her disease (whatever it is), wrote nothing more about it, posted no more sad-looking pictures related to it, and completely and utterly dropped the subject, thereby stopping this infernal plea for sympathy, the public would turn around in its regard for her.  If others asked her whether she didn't have Lyme disease anymore, and her answer was simply, "Yes, I still have it, but I've chosen to stop speaking about it," people who previously couldn't stand her would eventually almost admire her.

I think it isn't so much that Yolanda is ill, but the fact that it's all she talks about, that makes us angry.  We're all sick of it.  Many of us, RIGHT NOW, are living with some pretty terrible afflictions and unspeakable pain, but few know about it.  We choose not to ruin anyone else's day.  Yolanda has celebrated her suffering and invites the world to the biggest pity party I've seen in a long time.

I think that the public can be very forgiving, and if they read no more about Yo's personal life, she would see a change in people's attitudes toward her.  I wish that she would try it.

IMO, that ship has passed even if Yolanda never did another sickie selfie again or talked about her illness, she has done far too much damage to her own reputation at this point, at least for me. We have seen examples of, famous/semi famous, people sick, document their struggles with so much grace, dignity with inspiring attitudes in recent months, like Joey/Rory Feek and Big Ang, that it glaringly shows just how selfish and full of herself Yolanda truly is. Then you have big celebs like David Bowie, who kept fighting the battle up to the end and did so privately with such grace and dignity. Yolanda is all about Yolanda IMO.

• Love 14

I like this post because you use the word celebrated. I don't know if I totally agree, but she certainly expects everyone else to celebrate Yolanda, the Lyme Hero. 

Even if Yo claimed to have perfect health she would still be an asshole

I have to agree with this 100%. She's been an asshole since she's been on the show, even when Lyme wasn't an issue.

• Love 9
(edited)

Wirewrap!  Kudos to accepting and living your new normal.  I am impressed and stand in awe.  That cannot be easy to do. 

Yolanda is sick with something and it doesn't matter what it is. She has probably latched on LD because it is activist worthy illness in her mind. Keeps her face in SM at any rate.  

She is dramatizing and lying about details.  Those close to her know this.  

I have no idea what is going on with Bella.  Anwar seems to be out of the picture. 

There is really not much more to this. 

What a objectionable person.  Terrible. 

Yolanda has celebrated her suffering and invites the world to the biggest pity party I've seen in a long time.

I love this, Lura. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

Yolanda's quest for Lyme Disease awareness went from AWARENESS, to AVERSION to AVOIDANCE.  She managed to do it so strategically.  I am waiting for her same guerilla tactics to foil her kids' careers. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I think that Yolanda is just about out of conventional and alternative medical options and probably eager to enlist the aid of 'Shaman Phil' from Peru.

P6YVwz.gif

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9

Yolanda's quest for Lyme Disease awareness went from AWARENESS, to AVERSION to AVOIDANCE.  She managed to do it so strategically.  I am waiting for her same guerrilla tactics to foil her kids' careers. 

She has changed her cause to invisible illness.   Since most diseases are invisible she is now going free range. 

I think that Yolanda is just about out of conventional and alternative medical options and probably eager to enlist the aide of 'Shaman Phil' from Peru.

P6YVwz.gif

I can see it now!  Faith healing is her next step.  She is going to fall on the floor at a tent revival meeting! 

• Love 9

Was this really her blog? Because the entire site is gone now.

I think if you click on the Tamara Tattles link you will get the blog.  The powers that be tried to scrub it from the internet.  Very mysterious.

• Love 5

Was this really her blog? Because the entire site is gone now.

Yes, it was. She posted the link herself on her twitter account. She has taken it down and it is now on the Bravo home page for BH but it is missing a fair amount of it as she talks about production and her contract agreement with production/Bravo in it. I have zero doubt that Bravo MADE her take it down, they edited it and then posted a sanitized version of it with the other HW blogs. If you want to read the whole thing, here is a link to what she wrote word for word at a blog site. The bloggers comments are written in purple ink, Yolanda's words/blog is in black ink.  http://tamaratattles.com/2016/02/24/yolanda-foster-officially-sickens-me/

• Love 7

Yes, entire blog page gone.  She is like a criminal hiding from the po po.  She erasing her online existence!  Next we will see her with sunglasses and a ball cap walking close to buildings and ducking in door frames.  

Therapy will not work for her; you have to want help and work hard at it.  Therapy has many limitations.  It is not the answer so many think it is.  

• Love 7

Yes, it was. She posted the link herself on her twitter account. She has taken it down and it is now on the Bravo home page for BH but it is missing a fair amount of it as she talks about production and her contract agreement with production/Bravo in it. I have zero doubt that Bravo MADE her take it down, they edited it and then posted a sanitized version of it with the other HW blogs. If you want to read the whole thing, here is a link to what she wrote word for word at a blog site. The bloggers comments are written in purple ink, Yolanda's words/blog is in black ink. http://tamaratattles.com/2016/02/24/yolanda-foster-officially-sickens-me/

• Love 1

Yes, it was. She posted the link herself on her twitter account. She has taken it down and it is now on the Bravo home page for BH but it is missing a fair amount of it as she talks about production and her contract agreement with production/Bravo in it. I have zero doubt that Bravo MADE her take it down, they edited it and then posted a sanitized version of it with the other HW blogs. If you want to read the whole thing, here is a link to what she wrote word for word at a blog site. The bloggers comments are written in purple ink, Yolanda's words/blog is in black ink.  http://tamaratattles.com/2016/02/24/yolanda-foster-officially-sickens-me/

Tamara is hysterical!  I am stealing her word batshittery.  Perfect.  

She [Lisar] was correct with her label of Kim and that gives her great credibility when it comes to trying to diagnose your batshittery.

• Love 5
(edited)

One thing I've noticed about David when he's with Bella or Gigi, the girls are smiling and look like they are having a good time. I think Yolanda tells them "Put on your model pouty face, now, darlings..." Or she's sucked all the life out of them.

I don't blame David for dating someone, even if it's just casual dates. The man has served his sentence, in my opinion, and he's due for a little fun. If Yolanda wants to wallow in self pity while she makes up new things to be wrong with her, that's her choice.

I really would like to rip that handicapped thing off of her car.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 18

WINGS707:

She erasing her online existence!  Next we will see her with sunglasses and a ball cap walking close to buildings and ducking in door frames.

This has had me laughing for the last 10 minutes!  What a hoot!  I can see Yolanda hiding out from the populace, but it will never work.  She'll be spotted straight away.  Remember, she has limes in the brain, and she'll forget she's still wearing her white slacks.

• Love 7

cooksdelight, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your icon!  It's so perfect for Yolanda.  From a distance, she looks exactly like Lawrence of Arabia, doesn't she?

WINGS707:

This has had me laughing for the last 10 minutes!  What a hoot!  I can see Yolanda hiding out from the populace, but it will never work.  She'll be spotted straight away.  Remember, she has limes in the brain, and she'll forget she's still wearing her white slacks.

Extra points for using the word slacks.

• Love 5

Wow, catching up on this board is always interesting

WireWrap, just wanted to tell you I am sorry for your accident. I am glad you are doing better and I can only imagine what a difficult road you have had to travel. It is people like you who keep on, keepin on in the face of adversity that shine.

Regarding Yo and her behavior. For me, the illness stuff, though annoying, has not been why she bugs me the most of the current cast. It is the way she condescends and dismisses others' opinions and experiences.

I would like to see her do some actual volunteering and getting her mind off of her own issues. It would actually help her health too. Not gonna happen, I know but it is good advice to her. All the years she has been on, she really manages to make most of her appearances strictly about herself. She has avoided most of the group activities that don't revolve around her.

• Love 9

Wow, catching up on this board is always interesting

WireWrap, just wanted to tell you I am sorry for your accident. I am glad you are doing better and I can only imagine what a difficult road you have had to travel. It is people like you who keep on, keepin on in the face of adversity that shine.

Regarding Yo and her behavior. For me, the illness stuff, though annoying, has not been why she bugs me the most of the current cast. It is the way she condescends and dismisses others' opinions and experiences.

I would like to see her do some actual volunteering and getting her mind off of her own issues. It would actually help her health too. Not gonna happen, I know but it is good advice to her. All the years she has been on, she really manages to make most of her appearances strictly about herself. She has avoided most of the group activities that don't revolve around her.

Thank You. I come from stubborn stock that didn't allow health issues stop them. LOL

I agree, Yolanda has ALWAYS been very smug about herself and her opinions as if no one else has any life experiences or opinions of their own. LOL She DOES need to volunteer or give of herself with nothing to gain for herself but she never will IMO. She can't or won't see beyond the mirror on the wall.

• Love 7
(edited)

WireWrap: I have to make myself not like at least SOME of your posts so I don't look like a crazy stalker-fan! I have lost track of the times I get to the end of an awesome post and have to scroll back up the page to see who wrote it...and it's you! You always write articulate, thoughtful, and interesting posts that mirror my thoughts so often that I get to be lazy and click the thumbs up without having to write a post! (Now I sound like a stalker-fan!).

Back on topic: I don't enjoy having YoLemonDa as a cast member, but then I don't like pompous, condescending people who have no sense of humour. Her constant earnestness is exhausting.

Edit: did I just imply that the posts I would have written would be thoughtful and interesting??!! Ha ha!!! Must have 'Legend in my own mind' syndrome!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 10

I think if she stopped lying about her condition she wouldn't be doubted. I don't understand how she thinks that anyone watching this show believe that se was bedridden unable to read or even watch tv for 18 months when we have been watching her not doing that? If she wants to bring creditability to those who clain chronic Lyme disease is real maybe she should stop exaggerating her symptoms.

• Love 9
(edited)

Ah, hugs to my forum friend Wire.

And now on to Yo.  I'm actually familiar with both articles posted. 

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-nejm-takes-on-lyme-quackery/

Not to repeat myself but I've stated over and over here that I don't believe in CLD but rather, PTLD which is a result of the damage that Lyme has done, not a continuous infection.  As stated in one of the articles, I too have noticed a trend of self and some doctors' declaration of Chronic Lyme.  The so called facts backing this up is anecdotal at best.  The other 'in' trend is calling yourself a 'Lymie' and you go to  aLLDr (Lyme Literate Dr).  Yikes.

I do have to disagree with the Lyme Doctor in CT, Steven Novella, on a small point.  He states: I have personally never seen a case of neurolyme without a Bell’s.  Case in point, my son was diagnosed with stage two Lyme disease.  They didn't even do the Western Blot because the results were so clear.  He did not have a Bell's but he did have a palsy of the sixth nerve (If I remember correctly.  It may have been third).  No 'Bell's Palsy' (I'm his mom.  I looked at his face with the mom's microscope).  End result of this palsy?  Double vision beyond about two feet.

There was another link posted here about someone going through Lyme with similar symptoms to Yo.  Too lazy to go back but she make a statement about certain antibiotics not being able to cross the blood brain barrier and that Lyme spirochetes can go into tissue and hide.  Yes, it is true that some antibiotics (many do) do not do cross the blood brain barrier.  However, as someone previously pointed out, ceftriaxone, otherwise known as Rocephin does.  And that's what my son was put on for his neurolyme.....for four weeks IV.  How many months was Yo on IV treatment after being diagnosed when the protocol is four weeks?  Why immediately opt for long term?

It's interesting that she claims to be so sick from neurological Lyme yet she has had no palsy.  Neither has Bella.

Bottom line...Yo may have had Lyme.  Maybe so did Bella and Anwar.  If they did, they were given antibiotic treatment and now what they are dealing with is damage done by Lyme....or convenient excuses for attention.  Either for themselves or their mother.  The sad part of this, and I know I've stated this before, there are people out there who have been treated for Lyme but still are not back to normal.  Why?  Damage by Lyme and are in the process of recovering (which can take a long time).  Or, having underlying immune problems that are affecting the process.  Or, have other underlying  immune problems that would probably have come to light anyway.  And most of those affected make the best on a slow road to recovery or dealing with the cards they've been handed just like so many other people with conditions and afflictions.

I apologize for the long post aka rant but I just 'can't' with this woman.  She's a habitual liar regarding her capabilities.  God, she is so blessed in life.  And she will never realize it unless something 'really' tragic happens to her or someone she loves.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not hoping for that.  But maybe some day she will get it.  I have my doubts.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 14

All it takes for me to feel grateful is to walk into the Blind Center where I volunteer, and I realize that even poor eyesight is a whole lot better than none.  Or having someone like WireWrap step forward with a story about her own pain and struggles, and I feel hope.  As someone wise, upthread, posted, volunteer work would do Yolanda a world of good.  Any thoughts of self-pity just melt away, and religious or not,  you can't help thinking, Dear God, why was I complaining?"

It's easy to become mired in self-pity when you're alone and in trouble. We've all experienced that.  Yolanda, though, has allowed herself to make a habit of her self-pity, and now she can't think or  talk about anything else.

I couldn't agree more with the idea that volunteer work, or even visiting places where people are handicapped in some way, would take her mind off of how much money she'll get in her divorce.  She's a sad case, maybe a disgusting one, who can't think outside of herself, and as long as she's that way, I don't think she'll ever be well.  Maybe someone needs to take her by the shoulders and shake her, then challenge her to talk for ten minutes without using the pronoun "I" -- or "me" or "my."  Someone needs to SHOW HER the way out of this mess she's in.  She is simply too stubborn, too convinced that she's right about everything, to get through to her.  She's behaving like a spoiled child, and it needs to stop!  She's so frustrating that sometimes it's hard to talk about her without losing one's sanity! 

• Love 8
(edited)

Even if Yo claimed to have perfect health she would still be an asshole

Exactly.  She's a liar and a manipulator, and she's not a nice person.  We've seen evidence of that over and over and over.  She could stop talking about her health right now, and it would make no difference to me.  I disliked her right off the bat in her first season (before she started dragging us along on her "journey"), and since then her behavior has just increasingly demonstrated to me why my initial instincts were right.  

My dislike for her has nothing to do with her health.  It has everything to do with the kind of person she is.  I noticed the other day that I used to be able to watch the same episodes over and over, but now I can barely watch even once because I have such a negative reaction to Yolanda.  The sound of her voice, the constant lectures and reprimanding, the superior attitude, the constant "I haven't ___ for __ years" all grate on my nerves big-time.  She's fake, insincere, mean, self-absorbed, obnoxious, and a big fat liar who blatantly and easily plays around with the truth.  There's nothing she can say or do that would redeem herself in my eyes.  Not that I expect her to ever even attempt to change.  She has a startling lack of self-awareness and a complete inability to listen to anyone else because she always thinks she knows better.  I think she's a pompous ass.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 10

IMO, that ship has passed even if Yolanda never did another sickie selfie again or talked about her illness, she has done far too much damage to her own reputation at this point, at least for me. We have seen examples of, famous/semi famous, people sick, document their struggles with so much grace, dignity with inspiring attitudes in recent months, like Joey/Rory Feek and Big Ang, that it glaringly shows just how selfish and full of herself Yolanda truly is. Then you have big celebs like David Bowie, who kept fighting the battle up to the end and did so privately with such grace and dignity. Yolanda is all about Yolanda IMO.

Yes, and she's not just talking about her "illness" (sorry, I'm not convinced), but she's lying about it.  Over and over and over.  And she knows she's been caught in lies and yet she continues to do it.  Talking about an illness non-stop can be annoying, but what she does is far worse, IMO.  It's a disservice to people who are truly sick with LD or anything else.  And it's taking advantage of the good nature of people who are concerned about her.  Not to mention those who hang on her every word because they are desperate for help.  She's lying not only to the average viewer, but also to people who can be harmed if they follow her lead.   She holds herself up as some kind of tireless, brilliant advocate when the truth is that she should be ashamed of herself.

I agree with you - Too much damage done.  How are we to ever believe a word that comes out of her mouth?  

WireWrap, please let me add my admiration to those who have already expressed it.  You are everything that Yolanda could only hope to be - strong, smart, with a good grasp on reality, an open mind, and a sense of humor.   Rock on!!

• Love 11

Yes, and she's not just talking about her "illness" (sorry, I'm not convinced), but she's lying about it.  Over and over and over.  And she knows she's been caught in lies and yet she continues to do it.  Talking about an illness non-stop can be annoying, but what she does is far worse, IMO.  It's a disservice to people who are truly sick with LD or anything else.  And it's taking advantage of the good nature of people who are concerned about her.  Not to mention those who hang on her every word because they are desperate for help.  She's lying not only to the average viewer, but also to people who can be harmed if they follow her lead.   She holds herself up as some kind of tireless, brilliant advocate when the truth is that she should be ashamed of herself.

I agree with you - Too much damage done.  How are we to ever believe a word that comes out of her mouth?  

WireWrap, please let me add my admiration to those who have already expressed it.  You are everything that Yolanda could only hope to be - strong, smart, with a good grasp on reality, an open mind, and a sense of humor.   Rock on!!

She could turn me around. I believe that people can learn from their mistakes. I'll probably never like her personality, but I would respect her if she came clean and stopped promoting junk science and the "doctors" that are taking advantage of people that feel desperate and/or afraid.

She could potentially become an advocate for people with Munchausen and spread real awareness. It's a little understood mental illness. She could shine a little light on the subject and that would be a true public service.

I have next to no hope that it'll happen, but if it did, I would respect her.

• Love 3

WireWrap, very late in the game, thank you for sharing your story.  I've been "following" you for ages on this site, from New York to Beverly Hills and back again, and you've never given a clue of all that you deal with in "real" life.  So much respect and admiration.

Now to go from something very important, real courage, to something very small, real housewives:

I wish you - or someone like you - would write in to the reunion. Honestly.  To say to Yolanda, basically, this is what I deal with, this is how I deal with it, can you explain why you, Yolanda, are such a (to use this season's favorite word) pussy?

I think all of these women have astonishing entitlement.  It's probably part of what makes us watch.  But Yolanda's entitlement is really astonishing to me; she now thinks that because she is or has been "sick" that she is entitled to whatever she wants, whenever she wants it, without question or comment from anyone around her. She wants admiration for simply showing up; she wants admiration for being brave enough to put on lipstick if she does and admiration for being brave enough to show up without lipstick if she doesn't.  She wants admiration for staying home in bed and admiration for going to fashion week.  She wants us to admire and adore her just for existing.

And maybe that's the root of the problem.  Yolanda needs to be adored.  She was once adored for her looks, then for her wealth, now with a fear that both of those things are fading, she wants to be adored for enduring in the face of illness.

Yolanda, why not try doing something, and see if you can earn some respect - not adoration - for what you do?

Personally, I am repulsed by her now.  She sucks the life out of every scene that she's in, because whenever she shows up, everything immediately has to stop and be about her; and not only that, but it has to be about her lecturing everyone else on all the shortcomings of their behavior.  It's gross and tiring.

I am delighted that LVP and Kyle are firmly aligned heading into the reunion.  I hope that Andy and Bravo allow for some of the real talk happening on these boards and others to enter into the dialogue.  Most of us seem to see through Yolanda - I would like it if they allow that to be part of the story.

Even if saying, Yolanda, you may not have Munchausen's but looking at the symptom list, just from a factual standpoint, you do agree that you have most of the symptoms, correct?  

And to "wrap" back around to what matters (see what I did there), again, my respect goes to people like Wire Wrap and others on this board, who rise above genuine illness or hardship, and do it with grace and without the need for constant attention and pity.  I have no judgment on people who live with illness - and one thing I have learned so far in my life is that MOST people are living with stories that you can't see, whether it be tending to a dying parent or a sick child or an out of work spouse or a personal illness.  What makes us is not who we are when things are going well, but who we are when times are hard.  The people who persevere through hardship are my favorite people.  I hope anyone who is truly struggling with hardship, illness or otherwise, doesn't come here and feel that we are judging or doubting you.  I've tried to give even Yolanda the benefit of a doubt, because I do believe that she doesn't feel well.  But her cruelty and selfishness and self-righteousness, to me, are ultimately the characteristics that dominate her, and I cannot seem to find sympathy for that.  Which may be my own failing, but there you go.

• Love 15

Back in Season 5 Episode 8 LVP sat down with Brandi and told her she could not be the friend she wanted her to be.

I wish LVP would say the same to Yolanda and maybe some others would follow suit.  Some suggestive and not necessarily pejorative comments.

-I cannot be unconditionally supportive of you.

-I am friends with your ex and will most likely support him over you in differences

-At your urging I read up on Lyme's and I find your account confusion and contradictory and I no longer want to allocate anymore time and energy to Lyme education or blindly endorse those you endorse as the Lyme saviours

-I am offended that you now are pious and condescending towards people, you are demanding be your friends, with your comments about their/our use of cosmetics, heels, fashion, hair color, medical/cosmetic procedures.  Especially in light if the fact your two daughters make their living promoting the same.  Hypocritical.

-You are the first to call others manipulative and yet year after year you have demonstrated the most manipulative behavior of the entire cast.

-Most of all saying one parent of your children says the non-Gigis is fine is in no way a condemnation of them.  It is a blessing to have healthy children

I just think even a wobbler like Rinna might sign on.

• Love 17