Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

I've never taken or seen the test, so maybe someone with more knowledge can weigh in, but my understanding is that the test is not easy.

I have known a lot of people who have taken it, none of them found it difficult but most also studied.

• Love 2

Tuck and I did the whole 50 question test about a month and a half ago - we did it in response to yo passing with her lyme fucked brain and Tuck did very well on it.

I am now living in an ICE deportation center somewhere near the U.S./Mexican border awaiting my case disposition. I am almost out of bars and the Wi-Fi is crappy in here.

• Love 7

Sad Yolanda pic-bathrobe, severe glasses, sad face Face timing with Gigi in Paris.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCj2_3EIs94/

I could be wrong but I believe Yo has taken down her instagram photos I can only get these through her twitter account. 

Something is up with her doing this and it may be due to the upcoming episode where LisaR says that LisaV/Kyle were looking/laughing at Yolanda's twitter/Instagram photos. You can't scrub/remove tweets but you can do it with your Instagram posts!

• Love 5

I can still see her IG acct.  New pic of Bella 4 hours ago.   She did take off the Foster name yesterday.

I saw her pic face timing w/Gigi, and I'm thinking she's been completely misdiagnosed.  I think she has the dreaded, incurable Bathrobe Syndrome.   Signs - binge watching tv in bed while wrapped in a robe.  Massive lint build up in navel and armpits.   Pockets filled with snack crumbs.   Yep - there is no cure for Bathrobe Syndrome.  So sad.

• Love 8

I can still see her IG acct.  New pic of Bella 4 hours ago.   She did take off the Foster name yesterday.

I saw her pic face timing w/Gigi, and I'm thinking she's been completely misdiagnosed.  I think she has the dreaded, incurable Bathrobe Syndrome.   Signs - binge watching tv in bed while wrapped in a robe.  Massive lint build up in navel and armpits.   Pockets filled with snack crumbs.   Yep - there is no cure for Bathrobe Syndrome.  So sad.

If you Google Yolanda Hadid Instagram you get this.... https://www.instagram.com/yolandahfoster/?hl=enWhich has zero photos/post on it

BUT if you open this http://websta.me/n/yolandahfosteryou can see recent photos/posts

Either she has changed something beyond dropping the Foster name or something is going on with Instagram. LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

Not going to lie, that one instagram pic of Gigi makes me laugh.  I actually thought Gigi somehow, inexplicably, had made it into Madame Tussaud's and was posing with her wax figure.  Turns out it was just Dead in the Eyes Jenner.  Are we sure she doesn't have Lyme?  Or at least Lyme Brain?  Damn she has no charisma at all.  I guess in an era where a show about Zombies being one of the highest rated cable dramas, it makes sense the fashion world would embrace so many young women who can't convey an ounce of charm if it got them a Vogue Cover and the chance to be the first Mrs. DiCaprio.

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 4

Try just Googling Yolanda Hadid and see what comes up, it is NOT the link you shared. Do you follow her on Instagram, because when I Google her that link does NOT show up anywhere. LOL

googling it takes me to the empty instagram page

however I found this article where everyone can see that Bella is just like her mom

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/celebrity/2016/01/28/yolanda-foster-bella-hadid-lyme-disease-instagram-photo

• Love 4

Gigi and Kendall talk about Gigi's boobs-or Kendall listens: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCdWVAJDo-m/?taken-by=kendalljenner

Kendall eyes wake up from the dead:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCDr5RNjo0h/?taken-by=kendalljenner

Shockingly Kendall has a quote from Dead Poets' Society:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCQdbyZjo1r/?taken-by=kendalljenner  It has almost a million likes.  I am shocked she has that many followers who can read.

• Love 5
(edited)

In case anyone developed lymebrain while reading that glamour article about poor Bella, here is the sad sad story of poor lil Bella:

"Bella was diagnosed in her junior year of high school, telling ES Magazine: "I stopped driving because I kept crashing, because my brain just stopped working."

When she first got sick she had an accident and said "it was a dark time. I was exhausted all the time. It affected my memory so I suddenly wouldn't remember how to drive to Santa Monica from Malibu where I lived. I couldn't ride. I was just too sick. And I had to sell my horse because I couldn't take care of it.' It was an emotional blow on top of the physical."

Talking about her battle with the disease she said: "I still have Lyme in my spine; my back has been in excruciating pain for three years. I have it in all my joints and it goes up to my brain. So sometimes I have trouble with putting together sentences. I go to sleep at 10pm and wake up at 10am fully exhausted."

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 6

Gigi and Kendall talk about Gigi's boobs-or Kendall listens: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCdWVAJDo-m/?taken-by=kendalljenner

Kendall eyes wake up from the dead: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCDr5RNjo0h/?taken-by=kendalljenner

Shockingly Kendall has a quote from Dead Poets' Society: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCQdbyZjo1r/?taken-by=kendalljenner It has almost a million likes. I am shocked she has that many followers who can read.

Gigi has lost quite a bit of weight, I think her runway walk prevents her from getting more runway work. I still say Kendall has dead eyes in print, but US Vogue seem to be hyping her so much I think she's going to get a cover within the next 3 months. For print Gigi > Kendall, for runway Kendall > Gigi.
  • Love 1

In case anyone developed lymebrain while reading that glamour article about poor Bella, here is the sad sad story of poor lil Bella:

"Bella was diagnosed in her junior year of high school, telling ES Magazine: "I stopped driving because I kept crashing, because my brain just stopped working."

When she first got sick she had an accident and said "it was a dark time. I was exhausted all the time. It affected my memory so I suddenly wouldn't remember how to drive to Santa Monica from Malibu where I lived. I couldn't ride. I was just too sick. And I had to sell my horse because I couldn't take care of it.' It was an emotional blow on top of the physical."

Talking about her battle with the disease she said: "I still have Lyme in my spine; my back has been in excruciating pain for three years. I have it in all my joints and it goes up to my brain. So sometimes I have trouble with putting together sentences. I go to sleep at 10pm and wake up at 10am fully exhausted."

I wonder how sick Bella is.  Is part of this her mother?  All of it?  Our minds are more powerful than we know.  Does she need to curl up in bed looking sad to get her Vit C drip or is that Yolanda staging it for drama.  Bella probably wants the PR, too.   Impossible to separate fact from fiction.   

• Love 7

I wonder how sick Bella is.  Is part of this her mother?  All of it?  Our minds are more powerful than we know.  Does she need to curl up in bed looking sad to get her Vit C drip or is that Yolanda staging it for drama.  Bella probably wants the PR, too.   Impossible to separate fact from fiction.   

I suspect Bella is like her mother....faking mixed with hypochondria 

none of them have "chronic lyme" 

• Love 9

So Bella has lyme in the spine which travels to her brain.  Making her crash and not even be able to ride in cars.  But it also makes her forget that she cannot keep a car on the road or ride and makes her load up a car she was told she was not allowed to drive with drugs, tampons and other embarrassing things and then crash the car. 

Not only are these two maligning people with Lyme Disease essentially but they also give encouragement to other assholes who see pretending or even just simply laying blame on things that allow them to avoid any responsibility for their actions but also get unearned sympathy. 

Just as I think we can still ask the question 'how far will" Yoolander go in her bid for attention, I'm thinking we can add in the same question for Bella.  Its clear by now Gigi is not going to play the pretend game for social media pictures.  That she can't stop her mother from riding her coattails though its unclear she has any thoughts in that manner.  As well Gigi might be cunning enough to see it adds to her own allure if she has a family that serve as lesser gods to her runway Olympus.  While Bella seems to still find it is working in her favor to play the acolyte of ill to her mother's open Pandora's box of malady.  As she tries to move out of Gigi's shadow any extra attention might be just the ticket.  And it clearly scores points.  It also probably means she has a nice quid pro quo in regards to her lyme being at the wheel and not her drunken self.  After all, Mommy Severest can't berate her for something that didn't happen anymore, can she.  Bella not only erases that huge disappointment and embarrassment but turns it into a trophy even Gigi seems unable to deliver.  Whether it was Bella, Yoolander or both that figured this out, at least one of them should be stopping this bullshit and start running some political campaigns.  The way the powers that be in the Republican party are scrambling against Drumpf, these two should make themselves available and start reeling in that PAC money immediately.

• Love 5
(edited)

So Yo does the I'm so sick and in a bathrobe routine during her 'chat' yet two weeks ago she managed to fly to New York, do an hour interview with Dr. Oz and WWHL, go to fashion shows plus....according to what she told the NY Post:

“I clean out their closets, I iron their clothes and clean their shoes. I do not need to be in the light anymore,” she said. “Since I have been in New York, I’ve spent two days cleaning out Bella’s closet, organizing it so they can be out doing their thing. They work 14- to 15-hour days, you know.”

http://nypost.com/2016/02/15/yolanda-foster-says-gigi-and-bella-are-better-models-than-she-ever-was/

It's just amazing to me how Yo's chronic illness conveniently appears and disappears. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 16

So Yo does the I'm so sick and in a bathrobe routine during her 'chat' yet two weeks ago she managed to fly to New York, do an hour interview with Dr. Oz and WWHL, go to fashion shows plus....according to what she told the NY Post:

“I clean out their closets, I iron their clothes and clean their shoes. I do not need to be in the light anymore,” she said. “Since I have been in New York, I’ve spent two days cleaning out Bella’s closet, organizing it so they can be out doing their thing. They work 14- to 15-hour days, you know.”

http://nypost.com/2016/02/15/yolanda-foster-says-gigi-and-bella-are-better-models-than-she-ever-was/

It's just amazing to me how Yo's chronic illness conveniently appears and disappears. 

Hmmmm, Doesn't Yolanda's statement that Gigi AND Bella work 14-15 hours a day go against Bella's statement that 10 hours of sleep a night is NOT enough? LOL Where DOES Bella find the time to nibble/smell food, go to the bathroom, shower and spend time with her BF, The Weekend if she sleeps 10 hours and then works 14-15 hours straight? LOL

• Love 13

I am finally getting around to reading Andy's books and in his first, Most Talkative, he describes a spot he'd had for a while that had been misdiagnosed as a spider bite that turned out to be Lyme disease. He ended up taking antibiotics and suppositories and that was the end of that story. I now have to wonder what he really thinks of Yolanda and her "journey".

• Love 13
(edited)

Hmmmm, Doesn't Yolanda's statement that Gigi AND Bella work 14-15 hours a day go against Bella's statement that 10 hours of sleep a night is NOT enough? LOL Where DOES Bella find the time to nibble/smell food, go to the bathroom, shower and spend time with her BF, The Weekend if she sleeps 10 hours and then works 14-15 hours straight? LOL

Your lymetime is off. Bella goes to sleep at 10 pm and wakes up at 10 am. Nonlyme time says that is 12 hours. So if she works 14-15 hours a day then that must be on lymetime which has 26-27 hour days. Does that lymetime hold up to Yo's 9 or 12 (or whatever #) months time she spent bedridden? Kind of like dog years but lyme months?

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 8

As far as Andy, if he asked Yo anything about Lyme vs what he experienced, she'd just say well you didn't have Chronic Lyme or some other BS.  Her case, of course, is the worst in the entire history of man.

I think Bella is doing what Yo tells her, because I don't think she's financially independent yet, in the way Gigi probably is.  I'm assuming since Gigi seems to be everywhere, she's doing rather well now.  She's not beholden to Yo.

I am fighting a cold/flu again this damned weekend; I had enough energy to go to Target, ATM, and get a chicken sandwich.  I bought hangers for the closet, but no I didn't rearrange the closet yet.  Yo cannot be that sick.  If she were that sick, she couldn't possibly fly to NYC, or if she did, she'd be wiped out by the flight and have to rest for days.  Then she might hire someone and watch as she told them how to arrange the closet.  If she is doing all this stuff and is sick, then she's a fool.  Someone who has been sick that long would know to rest and pace themselves so as not to relapse.  What am I saying, she relapses at the drop of a hat, or most likely - when public opinion of her drops or her name isn't in the news.

I've stopped watching the entire show and only see snippets.  As soon as Yo comes on screen, I change the channel.  I cannot stand her preaching to others with her superior tone.  No one should talk or gossip about her kids.  1.  They are not children any longer.  2. You have paraded them on the show and brought them into the discussion.  3.  Everyone in every walk of life talks about the people they work with, the people they socialize with all the damned time.  You talk about others behind their backs.  

I heard her say something today, while I was resting due to my stomach doing flip flops (in between running to the restroom) - before I changed the channel.  She was responding to Erika telling her that LVP had said something at that non bbq.   Something to the effect of no she shouldn't talk about me but should come and take care of me.  WTF.  Yes, everyone should come over and wait on you hand and foot because you are the most important person in their world.  Delusional.  Someone had merely asked about how the kids were doing - the non Gigis' because Yo brought it up.  If someone had not asked about them, then they'd be uncaring.  Either way, she gets her name out there and more attention.  

I just want to know how in the hell did she study for and pass the Citizenship test while she had Lyme brain.  It's not as difficult as trying to pass a CPA or Bar exam, but it's not like doing a TV Guide crossword puzzle either.  It's difficult enough that if you had severe brain swelling, I doubt you'd even study for it, let alone pass it.

• Love 7

Your lymetime is off. Bella goes to sleep at 10 pm and wakes up at 10 am. Nonlyme time says that is 12 hours. So if she works 14-15 hours a day then that must be on lymetime which has 26-27 hour days. Does that lymetime hold up to Yo's 9 or 12 (or whatever #) months time she spent bedridden? Kind of like dog years but lyme months?

OMG!! I think I have caught Yolanda's "brain fog"!!  LOL

• Love 6

OMG!! I think I have caught Yolanda's "brain fog"!!  LOL

If the good Dr. Klingwrap says that radio waves & cell phones are bad for lyme (which is worse than cancer and AIDS) and that since lyme is an STD then I would think we can reasonably extrapolate that lyme can be sent through the tv directly into our homes and brains. Good news is that lyme brain (aka brain fog or brain farts) comes and goes. If you are manipulative then you can use it as the perfect excuse for anything---DUIs, car crashes, dirty panties and Adderall in the car, not getting modeling gigs, etc....of course that is totally not manipulative since that is all due to lyme brain.

• Love 6

If the good Dr. Klingwrap says that radio waves & cell phones are bad for lyme (which is worse than cancer and AIDS) and that since lyme is an STD then I would think we can reasonably extrapolate that lyme can be sent through the tv directly into our homes and brains. Good news is that lyme brain (aka brain fog or brain farts) comes and goes. If you are manipulative then you can use it as the perfect excuse for anything---DUIs, car crashes, dirty panties and Adderall in the car, not getting modeling gigs, etc....of course that is totally not manipulative since that is all due to lyme brain.

Ahhh, so there IS light at the end of "Yolanda Brain Fog Syndrome" after all! LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

Yolanda is cunning as a fox.  She talks about her kids to keep their names in the news.  She's no dummy.  Even if she's talking about them having an illness, they're her "famous" kids, and she, by golly, will keep them famous!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 5

Same trip and Yolanda only gets "three good hours a day", maybe she should not spend them as Gigi's valet. During this same trip Anwar was along-I wonder what he was doing while mom toiled away with Bella's pigsty.     http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/15/fashion/yolanda-foster-watching-her-daughter-gigi-hadid-from-the-front-row.html?_r=0

I wonder where Yolanda's set up was for her daily IVs and enemas?  Did she stay with Bella or Gigi?  Where did the little prince stay?

• Love 5

I don't see LisaV as a narcissist. Yes, she likes to control how people view her but that can be said about every single person I have ever met. We all try to put our best foot forward. IMO, Lisa doesn't like conflict and tries to wiggle out of it even when she isn't the cause. When you hurt her or loose her trust, she will move past it, still talk to you, laugh with you but she will never let you all the way back into her life but IMO, most people are like this to varying degrees. Yolanda on the other hand HAS to have it ALL about HER and only her AND on her terms and ONLY her terms. I can easily picture her saying to ALL the other HWs the SHE is UP here, while THEY are DOWN there, much like Kelly did to Bethenny (NY). LOL

Yes, and LisaV is capable of talking about things other than herself.  She has shown interest in other people and a variety of subjects every season she's been on this show.  She's also far more interesting than Yolanda.  She has a sense of humor, for one thing, and I don't think we've ever seen that with Yolanda at all. 

She's also miles above Yolanda in the intelligence department, and has a much more full life.  (These last few things have nothing to do with narcissism - I'm just throwing them in!)

Yolanda wants it to be All Yolanda All the Time, and she gets cranky & hostile when it's not.  She is very self-centered and expects everyone else to be as fascinated by her as she herself is.  Here's part of a dictionary definition of narcissist:  "extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration".  That doesn't sound at all like Lisa to me, but it sure does sound like Yolanda.

• Love 15

Same trip and Yolanda only gets "three good hours a day", maybe she should not spend them as Gigi's valet. During this same trip Anwar was along-I wonder what he was doing while mom toiled away with Bella's pigsty. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/15/fashion/yolanda-foster-watching-her-daughter-gigi-hadid-from-the-front-row.html?_r=0

I wonder where Yolanda's set up was for her daily IVs and enemas? Did she stay with Bella or Gigi? Where did the little prince stay?

Sounds like Gigi has her shit together, but Bella's apartment is like Bella's car.
  • Love 4
(edited)

"Of all the symptoms of Lyme disease, the neurological manifestations frighten me the most. Maybe because they are harder to see from the outside. Or because they feel so utterly uncontrollable and cruelly invasive. They are the hardest to stop. The bacteria burrows deep into brain tissue to avoid being killed by medications that can’t cross the blood brain barrier.

It’s so hard to explain to someone else without sounding like you’ve lost your mind. At its worst, neurological Lyme disease can cause paralysis, seizures or schizophrenia. With lesser symptoms, the victim is plagued with insomnia, nightmares, brain fog, word or song iteration, word loss (tip of the tongue) and hypersensitivity to sound, motion, or bright lights.

Those lesser symptoms sound fairly benign, but piled up and never-ending, they can make daily living grueling. Explaining neurological Lyme disease to someone else can feel like hitting my head against a fog wall."

That all sounds very much like Yolanda Hadid wrote it, doesn't it?  It's not. The author is writer Julie Starling about her first year of Lyme disease treatment. She holds an M.A. in Health Psychology. I can, and do, empathize with Yolanda, Julie Starling and anyone else who has struggled with neurological Lyme symptoms because I've had Lyme disease and yes, it left me with a 'brain fog' that is striking similar to what Julie Starling describes. I had it more than ten years ago and the only thing it left me after the rest of my symptoms disappear is this ever present brain fog. If you can imagine yourself waking up in the morning and getting out of bed when the alarm clock goes off and you're still in sort of a half-sleep and half-awake state, that's what it's like only the brain never really clarifies entirely. We forget names, we repeat ourselves, we can't recall a lot of things, so people give a side-eye and wonder 'what the heck is wrong with you?'. It's not like we can't function. We can still hold mentally demanding jobs, run a household and raise children. It's more difficult to focus and recall things, but it's very doable.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4

Bella is now fully ensconced in the family business.

By the way, how can a person walk as a model if their back is "in excruciating pain?"

• Love 8

I am finally getting around to reading Andy's books and in his first, Most Talkative, he describes a spot he'd had for a while that had been misdiagnosed as a spider bite that turned out to be Lyme disease. He ended up taking antibiotics and suppositories and that was the end of that story. I now have to wonder what he really thinks of Yolanda and her "journey".

Interesting that he had LD!  He will never talk about his take on Yolanda, unfortunately.  The smart money says he has her number.  I hope he has a question for her at the reunion that puts a light on her inconsistent history of events.  

• Love 7

Yeah, come to think of it, "chronic Lyme" is actually pretty convenient. I'm going to do some research and track down the tick that gives me the Monday through Friday Lyme.

• Love 8
(edited)

"Of all the symptoms of Lyme disease, the neurological manifestations frighten me the most. Maybe because they are harder to see from the outside. Or because they feel so utterly uncontrollable and cruelly invasive. They are the hardest to stop. The bacteria burrows deep into brain tissue to avoid being killed by medications that can’t cross the blood brain barrier.

It’s so hard to explain to someone else without sounding like you’ve lost your mind. At its worst, neurological Lyme disease can cause paralysis, seizures or schizophrenia. With lesser symptoms, the victim is plagued with insomnia, nightmares, brain fog, word or song iteration, word loss (tip of the tongue) and hypersensitivity to sound, motion, or bright lights.

Those lesser symptoms sound fairly benign, but piled up and never-ending, they can make daily living grueling. Explaining neurological Lyme disease to someone else can feel like hitting my head against a fog wall."

That all sounds very much like Yolanda Hadid wrote it, doesn't it?  It's not. The author is writer Julie Starling about her first year of Lyme disease treatment. She holds an M.A. in Health Psychology. I can, and do, empathize with Yolanda, Julie Starling and anyone else who has struggled with neurological Lyme symptoms because I've had Lyme disease and yes, it left me with a 'brain fog' that is striking similar to what Julie Starling describes. I had it more than ten years ago and the only thing it left me after the rest of my symptoms disappear is this ever present brain fog. If you can imagine yourself waking up in the morning and getting out of bed when the alarm clock goes off and you're still in sort of a half-sleep and half-awake state, that's what it's like only the brain never really clarifies entirely. We forget names, we repeat ourselves, we can't recall a lot of things, so people give a side-eye and wonder 'what the heck is wrong with you?'. It's not like we can't function. We can still hold mentally demanding jobs, run a household and raise children. It's more difficult to focus and recall things, but it's very doable.

Oh wow.  My heart goes out to you especially having to read pages of us not believing Yolanda.  I don't know what to think now.  If she were not so dramatic and instagram crazy perhaps no one would doubt her.  She is so hard to believe and love.  I bet you put make up on and had your hair in place.  Things like this beg us to doubt her.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

I think the actual scientific name for what they have is Chronic Lie Disease.

• Love 11

After Bella's DUI and the Adderall/Vyvanse in the car, I'd just assumed she had been previously diagnosed with ADD/ADHD.  Alcohol is a big no-no with those meds because they delay the effects of alcohol.  (Kids keep drinking not realizing how "drunk" they are until all of a sudden it hits - potentially dangerous.)  Not sure if the terminology is right, but to me Bella seems to have a low affect and I wonder if she's on different meds now.

• Love 3

Oh wow.  My heart goes out to you especially having to read pages of us not believing Yolanda.  I don't know what to think now.  If she were not so dramatic and instagram crazy perhaps no one would doubt her.  She is so hard to believe and love.  I bet you put make up on and had your hair in place.  Things like this beg us to doubt her.  

Yolanda has the resources to pay for any type of treatment she thinks will help her even if it's obviously fraudulent or deceptive. I've just learned to accept the brain fog. I think it even took me years to realize that my thinking wasn't as sharp as it should be. I have never even mentioned it to family or friends because I know that they wouldn't be able to understand it or believe it could be attributed to Lyme.  I think that Yolanda is at the opposite end of the spectrum than I am. I've dealt with it and moved on, but she can't. She goes to great lengths to avoid chemicals and to look for natural-based cosmetics or, none at all. I personally find her intentional lack of grooming to be her way of saying 'look at me, feel for me, for I am ill and my health is more important than my physical appearance'. Her plain appearance is almost like putting an exclamation mark at the end of the sentence "pay attention to me, I am sick!". She'll say she speaks out for the cause of all people with neurological Lyme disease thinking she's going to be a martyr for 'the cause'. But nobody cares really and Yolanda should realize that all her posturing and excusing her behavior in the name of Lyme disease isn't going to do anything but do harm to her relationships as it did with creepy David.

Yes, I take the time to make myself look the best that I can look. Self-pity is not an attractive attribute, and in the end nobody really cares to hear it. We all have much more difficulties in life to overcome than those associated with brain fog and aches and pains.

• Love 8

Bella is now fully ensconced in the family business.

By the way, how can a person walk as a model if their back is "in excruciating pain?"

Or pose like this:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCbVKuSkNlB/?taken-by=bellahadid&hl=en

Apparently she had to resort to crawling down the runway:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCLETCFkNse/?taken-by=bellahadid&hl=en

Plum tuckered out:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnSQkSkNhw/?taken-by=bellahadid&hl=en  No one will ever accuse her of being ladylike.

My personal favorite-working out at the gym:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BAkP60KkNiY/?taken-by=bellahadid&hl=en

• Love 6
(edited)

homeperm: Yes! I've also been meaning to link this blog post by a neurologist from Yale that I came across when I was looking into "Chronic Lyme". It also links that particular article! 

I especially thought that his response to one of the comments was very interesting: "Actually what you are describing is a fairly typical case of neurolyme, minus the rash. You had a Bell’s palsy (I have personally never seen a case of neurolyme without a Bell’s), you had a positive serological test (ELISA and western blot), and you responded to antibiotics. This is very different from the pseudo-chronic lyme I was talking about in which the clinical case is atypical, the serology is negative, an there is no or only temporary response to antibiotics.

What you have now is not chronic lyme (meaning a chronic persistent active infection) but chronic neurological sequella to a prior lyme infection. In other words, the infection is gone but the damage is done, and so there are lingering symptoms of the damage. Usually nerves will recover, but to a variable degree, and if the original infection was severe there can be permanent symptoms."

HumblePi: I just want to make it clear that I definitely believe both in Lyme disease, and in the potentially debilitating mental effects from it. Those things are well documented. But that doesn't mean that everyone who experiences occasional brain fog has or has had Lyme disease. I used to take Yolanda's word that she'd had Lyme disease, and I still think she's convinced she has a chronic Lyme infection, but I no longer see any credibility in her word. 

Edited by Atwood
  • Love 12
(edited)

Thanks for the link, kokapetl.  Yo's publicity machine is at top speed, isn't it?

This is the first time I've read a direct quote from Yo about seeing 106 doctors.  When members have mentioned it, I've thought they were kidding.  106???

Incredible!  No wonder David took a walk!  Yolanda gets my vote for Queen of Oddness.

Yolanda's proposed book, full of documentation, is pretty much unnecessary in my view.  The only advice she needs to give is:  "Before you take your journey, be absolutely certain that you (and your husband) are multi-millionaires."

Edited by Lura
  • Love 4
(edited)

Things are falling into place now after hearing from HumblePi, the links above and some more googling.  

Yolanda did have Lyme years ago and it was cured (this from David) as much as it could be.  She is now experiencing some symptoms from the damage Lyme left behind.  Maybe.

We know she has extensively researched Lyme.  She knows exactly what she could be experiencing now so she is!

She is a dramatic, lying sack of shit.  

ETA.  Her lingering Lyme symptoms did not appear until last season.  When she started she was healthy and stated that many times.  No article has mentioned damage from LD can show up much later.  pfffft

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

Yeah, come to think of it, "chronic Lyme" is actually pretty convenient. I'm going to do some research and track down the tick that gives me the Monday through Friday Lyme.

Be sure to attempt your research during non-Lyme operating hours, such as the weekend.  Otherwise, you won't be able to get it right.

• Love 9