Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

I guess you missed the trainer episode. When the dog tried to attack him as soon as he walked in the door.

No, I saw the episode. I saw the trainer take Kingsley away for more intensive training, and returned to Kim as a now trained dog. If I remember correctly, not only Kim, but Kim's son Chad were shown outside playing with the rehabilitated dog. Then there were a number of scenes with Kim at home playing with Kingsley, talking about how special he was to her. I suppose this is why the plaintiff brought Bravo in as a co-defendant, because Kim conspired with Bravo to create a storyline for her, and a vicious dog didn't fit the script, so they invented a false narrative. In other words, they lied. Allegedly!

• Love 4

How did it become a federal case?

I think to bring in Evolution they asserted federal jurisdiction, probably something to do with broadcasting, in the moving papers asking to be dismissed defendant Evolution literally said plaintiff was making a federal case out of a dog bite.  My only caution to cocky defendants -remember the McDonald's hot coffee case when defendant McDonald's made wise about everyone knowing coffee was hot and the plaintiff should have known it was hot and kind of poo-poo'd the claim and the plaintiff was awarded $2,000,000.00.  The elderly plaintiff has sustained third degree burns to her crotch area and spent several days in the hospital.  Originally the plaintiff had asked for $20,000.00 and McDonald's declined because it was a nuisance claim.

I don't remember the exact dollar amount the McDonald's case was from my memory after reading about it in the Wall Street Journal close to a hundred years ago,.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

I think to bring in Evolution they asserted federal jurisdiction, probably something to do with broadcasting

That makes sense.  

I try to avoid discussing Kim and Brandi but I do have a question.   Were there stories, allegations or specific reports of Kim's drug and alcohol abuse before the RHOBH?   When I read through this thread, it seems that everyone either believes or is under the impression that Kim has had this problem for years.

• Love 1

I thought the suit was probably in federal court because of diversity jurisdiction, that is, the parties to the suit reside in different states. I didn't read the complaint or the motion to add the production company as a defendant.

• Love 1

The elderly plaintiff has sustained third degree burns to her crotch area and spent several days in the hospital..........I don't remember the exact dollar amount the McDonald's case was from my memory after reading about it in the Wall Street Journal close to a hundred years ago,.

I don't remember the dollar amount, but I must be 100 years old, because I DO remember the case, and just wanted to add that the plaintiff had multiple surgeries (5,7,9?), and her injuries were very severe. Not only that, but the trial disclosed that McDonald's heated coffee, tea, and hot chocolate WAY above the appropriate temperature (probably b/c it was cheaper),with hot chocolate playing a leading role since mostly kids ordered it. The plaintiff got a lot of flack because of how McDonald's and the press misrepresented the case, but it ended up changing the industry.

• Love 6

How would you distinguish a fixed false belief from bad character such as someone making assertions about their own beliefs in bad faith? Other than self report, what do you go on?

That is very hard to answer without knowing more about the situation. Usually the delusions are based on set of particular ideas and are somewhat obsessive. Like my boss is out to get me, people are plotting behind my back ("You stole my house"), idealization of a particular person" (Brandi is my best friend) ". Delusions of special talent or accomplishment that isn't real " My 3 years of sobriety."

I refer to that as paranoia. Watched it many, many times in the addicts, especially those who took meth.

Paranoia is delusional.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 3

Were there stories, allegations or specific reports of Kim's drug and alcohol abuse before the RHOBH?   When I read through this thread, it seems that everyone either believes or is under the impression that Kim has had this problem for years.

Kim herself stated she put her kids through hell for 20 years because of her alcoholism. Me, personally, I never read or heard of anything pertaining to Kim having any sort of addiction problem. Her career was at a stand-still.  It wasn't as if she was in the mainstream media. When she first appeared on this show, I was kind of wishy-washy on the whole "Kim is an alcoholic/addict" topic. I thought she could be, but then I wondered if she had mental issues. When Kyle yelled out she was an alcoholic, that was the turning point for me. Still, I felt for her and defended her after she did her stint in rehab. I totally felt she was 100 percent clean and sober. I figured any kooky behavior was related to some mental issues and possible brain damage. I still do feel that plays a part in her behavior. I no longer believe her "three years sober" claim. For sure she relapsed with that pain pill. I think there have been other times. Either Kyle is covering up for her or Kyle is not aware of those relapses.

• Love 6

Kim herself stated she put her kids through hell for 20 years because of her alcoholism. Me, personally, I never read or heard of anything pertaining to Kim having any sort of addiction problem. Her career was at a stand-still. It wasn't as if she was in the mainstream media. When she first appeared on this show, I was kind of wishy-washy on the whole "Kim is an alcoholic/addict" topic. I thought she could be, but then I wondered if she had mental issues. When Kyle yelled out she was an alcoholic, that was the turning point for me. Still, I felt for her and defended her after she did her stint in rehab. I totally felt she was 100 percent clean and sober. I figured any kooky behavior was related to some mental issues and possible brain damage. I still do feel that plays a part in her behavior. I no longer believe her "three years sober" claim. For sure she relapsed with that pain pill. I think there have been other times. Either Kyle is covering up for her or Kyle is not aware of those relapses.

Kyle knows! I like her but shes covering hardcore for Kim. And I get it she dont want say her sister is drug addict after the shit she got for the alcoholic outbrust. Most of the viewers aren't oblivious or stupid to know Kim is doing more than alcohol after five seasons. She claims she's only seen Kim messed up the night of Poker night. But what about Paris when it was evident Kim was high then on whatever she was taking or mixing together along her anxiety meds post-nose job. Paris trip would had been actually three years! So no way Kim has been no damn three years sober. Again Kim hasnt been sober since shes been an addict for 30yrs. Even when she did rehab the third time after filming season 2 she was at rehab for 8 or 9 days. I cant remember it's been a while. I just dont think Kim is willing to put in the work to be sober. And with that, hey it's on her, but I wish she get her fucked up-ness off this show! Her castmates shouldn't have to be bothered and put up with her as she continues to be a liability. Now thats not fair to them.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 6

That is very hard to answer without knowing more about the situation. Usually the delusions are based on set of particular ideas and are somewhat obsessive. Like my boss is out to get me, people are plotting behind my back, idealization of a particular person. Delusions of special talent or accomplishment that isn't real " My 3 years of sobriety"

Paranoia is delusional.

I asked you before in a private message but you didn't respond. what is your background in mental health? I'm curious. Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 2

I thought the suit was probably in federal court because of diversity jurisdiction, that is, the parties to the suit reside in different states. I didn't read the complaint or the motion to add the production company as a defendant.

Evolution Media is headquartered out of Burbank, Ca., which is in Los Angeles County.

I asked you before in a private message but you didn't respond. what is your background in mental health? I'm curious.

I' m sorry I didn't see your question. I am a psychiatric RN who works at a state inpatient acute admissions unit.

• Love 3

Kim herself stated she put her kids through hell for 20 years because of her alcoholism. Me, personally, I never read or heard of anything pertaining to Kim having any sort of addiction problem. Her career was at a stand-still.  It wasn't as if she was in the mainstream media. When she first appeared on this show, I was kind of wishy-washy on the whole "Kim is an alcoholic/addict" topic. I thought she could be, but then I wondered if she had mental issues. When Kyle yelled out she was an alcoholic, that was the turning point for me. Still, I felt for her and defended her after she did her stint in rehab. I totally felt she was 100 percent clean and sober. I figured any kooky behavior was related to some mental issues and possible brain damage. I still do feel that plays a part in her behavior. I no longer believe her "three years sober" claim. For sure she relapsed with that pain pill. I think there have been other times. Either Kyle is covering up for her or Kyle is not aware of those relapses.

When Kim's problems became obvious she was out of the loop and Big Kathy covered for her, as did Little Kathy.  It was only her second ex-husband that would hold her to task and eventually the youngest child's father.  Kyle did cover for Kim in the beginning of filming but the rest of production and cast knew.  When Taylor and Lisa tried to raise it at the Season 1 Reunion, Kyle reverted back to cover up mode and sat right next to Kim while she denied it.  granted she and Kim did not speak for several months after the limo scene. 

• Love 3

I guess you missed the trainer episode. When the dog tried to attack him as soon as he walked in the door.

It was very interesting to read the comments on various blogs when this happened. I remember the trainer kind of kicking out at Kingsley, but we didn't really see the entire context of what had happened. Pretty much all the comments I read at the time were extremely critical of the Trainer. Folks were somewhat hysterical that Kim was using a Trainer that would kick out at the dog, thinking that he was the one being aggressive with the dog. I believe the Trainer has said in his comments that he was maligned professionally after this because the audience was not shown the true nature of what had transpired, just his reaction, which to many looked like an over-reaction. For this reason, I can see it being claimed that Bravo did protect the truth of Kingsley's nature to promote the story they were interested in telling. Again, the reaction from the fans didn't seem to be that the dog was that dangerous. 

Whatever actually happened, I have said before that I think this will be the end of Kim, whether fairly or unfairlly. If Bravo is unsuccessful in being removed from the lawsuit, I think it will be settled out of court. They won't want contracts being made public, or producers being called to testify. If they are removed and Kim is the one who remains, I find it hard to picture her settling, since she admits to nothing and accepts zero responsibility. In that instance, legally she will need to do whatever possible to defend herself, and that means spilling secrets that Bravo won't like. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

It was very interesting to read the comments on various blogs when this happened. I remember the trainer kind of kicking out at Kingsley, but we didn't really see the entire context of what had happened. Pretty much all the comments I read at the time were extremely critical of the Trainer. Folks were somewhat hysterical that Kim was using a Trainer that would kick out at the dog, thinking that he was the one being aggressive with the dog. I believe the Trainer has said in his comments that he was maligned professionally after this because the audience was not shown the true nature of what had transpired, just his reaction, which to many looked like an over-reaction. For this reason, I can see it being claimed that Bravo did protect the truth of Kingsley's nature to promote the story they were interested in telling. Again, the reaction from the fans didn't seem to be that the dog was that dangerous. 

Whatever actually happened, I have said before that I think this will be the end of Kim, whether fairly or unfairlly. If Bravo is unsuccessful in being removed from the lawsuit, I think it will be settled out of court. They won't want contracts being made public, or producers being called to testify. If they are removed and Kim is the one who remains, I find it hard to picture her settling, since she admits to nothing and accepts zero responsibility. In that instance, legally she will need to do whatever possible to defend herself, and that means spilling secrets that Bravo won't like. 

I remember that trainer taking a lot grief from dog lovers and so called experts everywhere.  IIRC Kim had been instructed to have the dog leashed when he arrived and instead she fiddled around on the phone and acted like Kim. 

If Kim doesn't have a home owners policy to pay the legal fees and possible award I don't see Kay going after Kim alone.  The woman is in her eighties and hanging around to collect from Kim may not be the way she wants to spend her twilight years.  Evolution may pay out a nuisance settlement but much like Teresa Giudice issue in Punta Canta, I think Kim's dog's antics may just be the cost of doing business.  I don't think Kim has many Bravo secrets anymore than she has secrets about Harry Hamlin.  She is just so self-absorbed.

• Love 3

I don't think Kim has many Bravo secrets anymore than she has secrets about Harry Hamlin.  She is just so self-absorbed.

I agree with your post, but by secrets I mean breaking the 4th wall stuff.  I think that this will get a HW faster than almost anything. I think that this is the real reason that Joyce wasn't asked back. She just revealed too much and that makes Bravo nervous. 

• Love 3

I agree with your post, but by secrets I mean breaking the 4th wall stuff. I think that this will get a HW faster than almost anything. I think that this is the real reason that Joyce wasn't asked back. She just revealed too much and that makes Bravo nervous.

Ding. Thats the quickest way to get you fired at Bravo is revealing the 4th wall. When I listened or watched Joyce's interviews I just knew the writing was on the wall for her.

• Love 3

Is it really asking too much of someone not to be obnoxious and verbally combative at a social occasion?  And if the reason was she was under the influence it is hardly jumping through hoops asking someone apologize or at least acknowledge their behavior was unseemly and made others uncomfortable.  If Kim doesn't like the request maybe she should stop acting so snotty.

One thing that seemed very therapy driven to me was when Kim, in LaQuinta, started to go off on Lisar and Kyle directed the conversation back to the reason for Lisa's behavior, which was Kim's behavior on Poker Night.  Kyle employed the same tactic when Kim threw out the house-"let's talk about the house," this to me seemed like two veterans of therapy.  Kyle even went so far as to make the wash your hands motions and say after rehab it was a clean slate.   I thought Kyle should have backed off a bit on the Brandi and intervention but otherwise Kim has those types of conversations to look forward to in therapy.  The verbal jab, the worry about your own shit, the you don't want to talk about what is going on at your house crap is not allowed. 

I have always thought short of an egregious insult-on the level of snorting crystal meth in the bathroom all night assault, Kim should really make a concerted effort for three months to not talk about how hurt she is or was about anything or talk about her feelings.  I think she would get a whole lot healthier a whole lot faster.  

But when the request for apology and acknowledgement drags out over multiple events and functions?? Hmmmm sounds like overkill and a waste of time for everyone.  

• Love 1

Except, Kim is the one who is the addict and she is the one who is refusing post-rehab therapy/counseling. It is her behavior that is causing chaos in her home and affecting others. Going by her words, her lack of sobriety caused her to neglect her own children for 20 years. I am not sure how anyone else is responsible for Kim's failures. As has been posted many times here in CAPS - Kyle is responsible for herself and Kim is responsible for herself. Kyle cannot force Kim to change or get help no more than Kim can get her sister to change her attitude towards her. Sure they are not responsible for the actions of the adults in their home growing up, but they each are adult women and one of them has turned to an addict to deal with her pain.

And just because Kyle isn't an alcoholic doesn't mean that she isn't causing, fueling, and keeping a lot of the demons Kim's struggling with alive, well and strong enough so they are that much harder for Kim to slay. I think Kyle does Kim no favors in that battle and I believe Kyle's so caught up in her own frog tears about what she's had to put up with that I can almost bet that Kyle has been the cause of Kim's 2 steps back on more than one occasion. I just get that feeling when I see them communicate. Whether Kyle's aware or not can't be sure but you can't be that involved in someone's recovery and still be toxic. I hold no respect for Kyle because I don't think she gives Kim the proper distance that Kim needs to beat this thing. The only times they are distant is because of strife and not because of loving understanding and support, that the rest of the journey belongs to Kim and Kyle would only bring baggage to the Gauntlet Kim has to face, therefore it's better to love from afar while Kim finds her strength. Kyle's to busy trying to get her kudos to notice that "getting her kudos" contributes to Kim's struggles and even though "Kyle's not responsible for her sister" is a huge mantra it's not completely true. Kyle's is a toxic part of Kim's fight and I believe that Kyle should recognize that her behavior also contributes to Kim's challenge. Whether Kyle has "a right" to it is neither here nor there. The bigger picture is Kim getting well and not Kyle needing to receive PUBLIC recognition for her sacrifices. I mean I'm sure most people in her inner circle knows the deal so I mean what else does she need? A plaque? To win a bravo poll? I just don't get it. (Speaking as the daughter and sister of alcoholics, substance abusers)

• Love 2

Just pointing out the legal there is legal precedent of assumption of risk. Of course Kim has fault. She has terrible judgment. She has the reasoning skills of a young teen. However, they made poor decisions too. 

What I don't understand is, where was animal control in all of this? The hospital had to make a report and do an investigation after the first bite. Then Alexia was bitten and what did they do then? There are designations of dangerous dog up to vicious I believe and then euthanasia. 3 bites your out or something like that and with each designation there are restrictions and liability placed on the owner.

Apparently Kim is the only one required to act like an adult, make good judgments and make sure nothing ever goes wrong in her presence because  it's about HER behavior being questioned while everyone else of course, most definitely acted accordingly. I mean I like to point out what legitimately shouldn't be ALL on Kim's shoulders, it isn't the same as saying she has no fault. But by always trying to put everything on Kim's shoulders that suggests that all the other adults in her presence has no responsibility what so ever on how things play out EVER. Never in the real world do we just give carte blanche to our surroundings. Just because the traffic light is green and I can cross doesn't mean I still won't exercise some safety measures like looking both ways and MAKING SURE that cars have stopped and its safe to cross. I mean this whole all or nothing, with regards to Kim's behaviors in all situations is just so jarring. There are levels of responsibility for each and everybody in any situation but this seems to be suspended whenever Kim's the topic of conversation.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 3

Suing Evolution is just because there is money there so they are giving that a shot.  They will not be found responsible.   Perhaps Monty will pay the settlement for Kim.  She will be found at fault.  

• Love 2

It is not Kyle's fault Kim's dog bites people, it is not Kyle's fault that Kim misbehaves an offends her co-workers and refuses to apologize.  It is Kyle's fault for indulging Kim in any platform to hope to work things out.  Kim has made it clear if she does not like someone she will be rude and ignore or attack even in forced social situations.

These two sisters have made it pretty clear in their comments off the show there has been very little time spent one on one off camera.  We saw it in Palm Desert and that is about it.  They spent some time together on Halloween two weeks or so after the finale.  Shortly there after Kyle's daughter forced Kim's dog to bite her and they stopped speaking.  So for whatever reason they have decided to not try and work things out.  One demands a therapist and off camera the other agreed to it and put in a honesty clause.  Obviously that was too much for Kim as there has been no therapy.

Apparently Kim is the only one required to act like an adult, make good judgments and make sure nothing ever goes wrong in her presence because  it's about HER behavior being questioned while everyone else of course, most definitely acted accordingly. I mean I like to point out what legitimately shouldn't be ALL on Kim's shoulders, it isn't the same as saying she has no fault. But by always trying to put everything on Kim's shoulders that suggests that all the other adults in her presence has no responsibility what so ever on how things play out EVER. Never in the real world do we just give carte blanche to our surroundings. Just because the traffic light is green and I can cross doesn't mean I still won't exercise some safety measures like looking both ways and MAKING SURE that cars have stopped and its safe to cross. I mean this whole all or nothing, with regards to Kim's behaviors in all situations is just so jarring. There are levels of responsibility for each and everybody in any situation but this seems to be suspended whenever Kim's the topic of conversation.

I don't think that Kim is 100% at fault.  According to Kim's statement her niece bears some responsibility for opening the door.  Under the law it does not relieve Kim of responsibility, it may lessen the percentage but Kim will never be found not at fault.  I think these standards apply across the board for all dog owners.

• Love 7

It is not Kyle's fault Kim's dog bites people, it is not Kyle's fault that Kim misbehaves an offends her co-workers and refuses to apologize.  It is Kyle's fault for indulging Kim in any platform to hope to work things out.  Kim has made it clear if she does not like someone she will be rude and ignore or attack even in forced social situations.

These two sisters have made it pretty clear in their comments off the show there has been very little time spent one on one off camera.  We saw it in Palm Desert and that is about it.  They spent some time together on Halloween two weeks or so after the finale.  Shortly there after Kyle's daughter forced Kim's dog to bite her and they stopped speaking.  So for whatever reason they have decided to not try and work things out.  One demands a therapist and off camera the other agreed to it and put in a honesty clause.  Obviously that was too much for Kim as there has been no therapy.

I don't think that Kim is 100% at fault.  According to Kim's statement her niece bears some responsibility for opening the door.  Under the law it does not relieve Kim of responsibility, it may lessen the percentage but Kim will never be found not at fault.  I think these standards apply across the board for all dog owners.

In the case of KR's bite, I do believe that Kim is 100% at fault. She invited KR into her bedroom where the dog was located and Kim obviously did not have any control over the dog and KR was badly bitten. As for Alexia's bite, I am not willing to take Kim's PR comment that she told "the girls" to stay out of her bedroom because the dog had gotten "more protective" over her and I wonder if Alexia was the only one that entered Kim's bedroom. There is more to this story than what we have read IMO. 

• Love 4

Alexia had a good relationship with Kingsley before she went away to school.  If Kim told her not to go in the bedroom I doubt she explained he was a danger.  Kim is not admitting that to herself so clearly did not convey that to Alexia. As I said before, Kim probably said Kingsley is sleeping in my bedroom, don't disturb him.  Alexia chalked it up to Kim being a little crazy and catering to the dog in a way one would do to a napping human.   I can so easily see this.   Kingsley awoke when she came in and she reached to pet him as she always has.  He grabs her thumb and bites it.  

Unfortunately Alexia cannot speak about this in court to help the other victim and of course Kyle will NEVER get involved and has told her daughter to not talk about it to anyone.  

• Love 1

Alexia had a good relationship with Kingsley before she went away to school.  If Kim told her not to go in the bedroom I doubt she explained he was a danger.  Kim is not admitting that to herself so clearly did not convey that to Alexia. As I said before, Kim probably said Kingsley is sleeping in my bedroom, don't disturb him.  Alexia chalked it up to Kim being a little crazy and catering to the dog in a way one would do to a napping human.   I can so easily see this.   Kingsley awoke when she came in and she reached to pet him as she always has.  He grabs her thumb and bites it.  

Unfortunately Alexia cannot speak about this in court to help the other victim and of course Kyle will NEVER get involved and has told her daughter to not talk about it to anyone.  

I agree and I will go 1 step further. I do not think Kyle or her family knew about the attack on 80 year old KR. I am sure that Kim would have kept this a secret from Kyle/Mauricio because they already worried about the dog hurting Kim and she was desperate to keep Kingsley's biting from Production/Bravo to keep her job.

Alexia/Kyle may have no choice in keeping her bite quiet if KR and her lawyers call her to testify in that court case, she may be forced to reveal what happened that day.

• Love 1

Alexia going into the bedroom where Kingsley was "put away" when she was told not to, bothers me, if true. I'm not sure Alexia not heeding Kim's warning is equal to Kim being the "Crazy Aunt". I don't think we have enough information to make a judgment call on that. At face value, it looks like Alexia was being defiant and wanted to visit the dog she'd grown fond of (YIKES!) over the years.

• Love 2

At face value, it looks like Alexia was being defiant and wanted to visit the dog she'd grown fond of (YIKES!) over the years.

Or Kim is lying.  And given what we've seen on RHOBH she lies a lot.

• Love 11

Alexia going into the bedroom where Kingsley was "put away" when she was told not to, bothers me, if true. I'm not sure Alexia not heeding Kim's warning is equal to Kim being the "Crazy Aunt". I don't think we have enough information to make a judgment call on that. At face value, it looks like Alexia was being defiant and wanted to visit the dog she'd grown fond of (YIKES!) over the years.

We don't even know why Alexia went into the bedroom or even if she was the only one to go in. It is possible that she followed a cousin or even her Aunt into the room or went in to get something without remembering the dog was in there. There is more to this story than we know at this point. I just don't see Alexia acting defiantly, especially if she knew that Kingsley had attacked an 80 year old woman for no reason.

• Love 6

How would you distinguish a fixed false belief from bad character such as someone making assertions about their own beliefs in bad faith? Other than self report, what do you go on?

That is very hard to answer without knowing more about the situation. Usually the delusions are based on set of particular ideas and are somewhat obsessive. Like my boss is out to get me, people are plotting behind my back ("You stole my house"), idealization of a particular person" (Brandi is my best friend) ". Delusions of special talent or accomplishment that isn't real " My 3 years of sobriety."

I'm not clear how you (general you) can distinguish between someone actually delusional and someone lying for gain. Kim has a lot to lose - or she judges that she has - by admitting she's not sober, for instance. The house issue is weird in that I can see where you would consider it delusional, that she can't let go of her conviction she's been cheated no matter what the facts are, but there are also details she appears to knowingly lie about, like Kyle not informing her the house was on the market. Would it be a matter of whether a patient held on to the false beliefs in a formal interview with a clinician of some kind? I'm trying to work out how the average friend or family member should respond, but it seems like the problem of deliberate lies instead of or even mixed with actual delusional beliefs is impossible to untangle. And people can get aggressive when challenged on lies just as they do when challenged on delusions.

Thank you for being so responsive, by the way. I appreciate you taking the time.

• Love 5

Or Kim is lying.  And given what we've seen on RHOBH she lies a lot.

We don't even know why Alexia went into the bedroom or even if she was the only one to go in. It is possible that she followed a cousin or even her Aunt into the room or went in to get something without remembering the dog was in there. There is more to this story than we know at this point. I just don't see Alexia acting defiantly, especially if she knew that Kingsley had attacked an 80 year old woman for no reason.

Agreed. We don't know if it's true, but Kyle hasn't said it was untrue, so it seems there may be some truth to it. That's why I want to hear the whole story. I don't see Alexia acting defiantly either, but why hasn't Kyle or Alexia addressed it? Are they covering for Kim? I just want to know what caused Alexia to go in Kim's bedroom (if she did) when Kim told her not to.

• Love 5

Kim has made it clear if she does not like someone she will be rude and ignore or attack even in forced social situations.

Yes, indeed, much like baby sister. In fact, for a moment I thought it was Kyle of whom you post. Must be a genetic thang among with those rambunctious Richards gals.

• Love 2

Agreed. We don't know if it's true, but Kyle hasn't said it was untrue, so it seems there may be some truth to it. That's why I want to hear the whole story. I don't see Alexia acting defiantly either, but why hasn't Kyle or Alexia addressed it? Are they covering for Kim? I just want to know what caused Alexia to go in Kim's bedroom (if she did) when Kim told her not to.

Kyle never responds in the media on any specific Kim issue. When she is asked about Kim relapsing in interviews, she falls back to the family spin that she has never seen Kim high/drunk since rehab,except lately she has added "other than poker night", forgetting about Paris and never mentioning PR. IMO, we will never hear Kyle/Alexia address what really happened the day of the dog bite unless they are called to testify in the KR lawsuit. If that lawsuit goes to court, I expect to hear a lot about Kim's off camera life, drugs/alcohol use, her home life, her refusal to get proper training for the dog and when he started biting people and what exactly she did/didn't do.

• Love 4

Consider the meds Kim told Paul she was prescribed, I can extrapolate that she may be dealing with a bi-polar diagnosis. If I assume that, I could totally be wrong, delusion is possible. her behavior at Poker night could be explained by a hypomania. Of course it could also be she is abusing a stimulant, possibly a prescribed one like focalin or vyvanse or any add med. It sure didn't present as an opiod intoxication. This of course is all speculation.

• Love 6

From what I have cobbled together-Kim is upset that Alexia initially posted pictures of herself in the hospital.  Then Kyle said it was due to a dog bite.  Then it was asked and answered it was in fact Kingsley.  Then Kim wrote her view of events.   I think Kyle and Alexia's position may be that whatever happened can't be undone and Alexia did not pursue any legal recourse against Kingsley or sue Kim.  Kim is mad that Alexia posted the picture which led to the reveal of Kingsley biting again.  I think by saying nothing that is a wiser course.  This would be an excellent time for Kim to just decompress.  I think Kyle and Alexia are blaming the dog for biting Alexia and not Kim for maintaining a vicious dog.  Kim pick your frigging battles-just say Kingsley should not bite people.  It is not a war worth winning as it sounds as if Kim places her dog over her niece and her injuries.  Sure there will be those that say Kim is a bad dog owner but they are going to say it anyway. 

Yes, indeed, much like baby sister. In fact, for a moment I thought it was Kyle of whom you post. Must be a genetic thang among with those rambunctious Richards gals.

And yet Kyle seems to be the one throwing parties and inviting the entire cast until someone becomes reprehensible towards like Brandi.  I think both sisters have their faults but I don't think Kim and Kyle at all alike in their social interactions-in fact Kim has said the same.

• Love 5

And yet Kyle seems to be the one throwing parties and inviting the entire cast until someone becomes reprehensible towards like Brandi. (Snip).

Well my comment was that both sisters ignore and attack. But, yes, Kyle is throwing parties and inviting the cast -- and, inevitably fighting with someone, be it Camille or Carlton or VPump or Brandi and always always always Kim. Kyle's parties must be filled with simmering undercurrents of tension and rage. A good time, to be sure!

• Love 5

Alexia/Kyle may have no choice in keeping her bite quiet if KR and her lawyers call her to testify in that court case, she may be forced to reveal what happened that day.

Good point Wire Wrap, if that is how this kind of trial works.  I don't know how dog bites are handled in court.  Do lawyers battle it out and bring others to testify or does the judge just rule on the report in front of him, the only complaint filed?  I don't think he/she is able to make a call that would include statements from other victims who did not file.  We will know soon.  April 6th is the trial date.  I think I saw that in this thread a day or so ago. 

I hope someone at the reunion approaches Kim with the obvious.  Your dog attacked 4 people including your trainer.  Don't you want him to be out of your life so this or worse doesn't happen again?  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

I hope someone at the reunion approaches Kim with the obvious.  Your dog attacked 4 people including your trainer.  Don't you want him to be out of your life so this or worse doesn't happen again?

I agree. This would be a great question.

• Love 3

Kyle's parties must be filled with simmering undercurrents of tension and rage. A good time, to be sure!

This can be said of all HW's parties, trips, gatherings that involve 4 or more HWs at any given event, not just Kyle. LOL

Good point Wire Wrap, if that is how this kind of trial works.  I don't know how dog bites are handled in court.  Do lawyers battle it out and bring others to testify or does the judge just rule on the report in front of him, the only complaint filed?  I don't think he/she is able to make a call that would include statements from other victims who did not file.  We will know soon.  April 6th is the trial date.  I think I saw that in this thread a day or so ago. 

I am sure that the plaintiffs, KR in this case, lawyers can call other bite victims and trainers of/for Kim's dog to show that the dog has a propensity for biting and to show Kim did little to stop/control Kingsley's behavior. They will need to show that Kim hid the fact that the dog was aggressive towards people before KR entered her home/bedroom and what exactly was done about him.

• Love 2

Even from viewing Kingsley on the show, I never came away thinking he was not dangerous.  He seemed overly protective of Kim and a potential danger to everyone else imo.

The only time we saw Kingsley was in context with him needing training because he chewed on "things". He only acted aggressive toward the trainer when he went to Kim's house the first time. By the time he was brought home we had seen video of him getting along with the trainer, the trainers dog and then when he was driven back, he was shown in the trainers car without a muzzle on. At this point, with the exception of Brandi being bit when Kingsley was still a "pup" (per her words), there was no knowledge of him biting anyone or acting aggressive towards anyone, as we were only told about him chewing "things". IMO, Kim and the producers did a smoke and mirror act about the dogs true nature to everyone, including Kyle/Kathy/families.

• Love 2

April 6th is the date of hearing on a motion to dismiss the case against Evolution media.  If they are dismissed in all likelihood this case will be transferred to LA Superior court.  Rosario may decide not pursue against Kim.

It is up to the plaintiffs to show, their client was bitten and suffered monetary damages and pain suffering, that the bite was from a dog owned by the defendant.  I think those facts will be stipulate to (not the dollar amount but that Kim owned the dog and Rosario was a guest).  The issue at hand is if the plaintiff mistreated the dog. Kim's attorneys may try and get reduce the amount of damages by bringing in  negligence on part of the plaintiff.   Good luck with that one as the lady is over 80 years old.  In California state court a dog bite is a strict liability manner.  If your dog bites a guest in your home you are liable.  The exceptions are rare and I don't think apply in this case. This little article is brief and kind of sums up the applicable California civil codes:  http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/personal-injury/dog-bite-laws-liability-california.html

• Love 4

From what I have cobbled together-Kim is upset that Alexia initially posted pictures of herself in the hospital.  Then Kyle said it was due to a dog bite.  Then it was asked and answered it was in fact Kingsley.  Then Kim wrote her view of events.   I think Kyle and Alexia's position may be that whatever happened can't be undone and Alexia did not pursue any legal recourse against Kingsley or sue Kim.  Kim is mad that Alexia posted the picture which led to the reveal of Kingsley biting again.  I think by saying nothing that is a wiser course.  This would be an excellent time for Kim to just decompress.  I think Kyle and Alexia are blaming the dog for biting Alexia and not Kim for maintaining a vicious dog.  Kim pick your frigging battles-just say Kingsley should not bite people.  It is not a war worth winning as it sounds as if Kim places her dog over her niece and her injuries.  Sure there will be those that say Kim is a bad dog owner but they are going to say it anyway.

Very well said and insightful post, ZM. I agree 100%. And if what Higgins suggests about Kim is true, and I think she's right re; Kim having a mental illness such as BPD or similar, speaking out about the incident only incites further unnecessary distress, bc the only thing that matters, unless they go to court, is that they know the truth.

• Love 3

Kyle seems very protective of her kids - can't imagine her letting them visit Kim if she knew the dog was dangerous. Kim's relationship with the dog was unhealthy as seen on the show - like Brandi, he was her "best friend" but Kim confused the dog by not following the trainer's instructions. Kim didn't care about what was best for the dog or for the people exposed to him - imo it's another example of her narcissism.

• Love 7

This can be said of all HW's parties, trips, gatherings that involve 4 or more HWs at any given event, not just Kyle. LOL

I am sure that the plaintiffs, KR in this case, lawyers can call other bite victims and trainers of/for Kim's dog to show that the dog has a propensity for biting and to show Kim did little to stop/control Kingsley's behavior. They will need to show that Kim hid the fact that the dog was aggressive towards people before KR entered her home/bedroom and what exactly was done about him.

All you need is Kim on the stand. Five minutes. Guilty!

• Love 15

Didn't she even admit on camera after the trainer left that she was going to have a hard time being as strict with him as the trainer said to be?

I think so. While the trainer was still there she couldn't get the instructions right and ended up falling down and sort of wrestling with a confused Kingsley.

• Love 7