Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

I watched a movie from 2004 this evening. It had Dennis Quaid - who at first thought was MacGyver - and House - Hugh Laurie. 

Anyway, I recognized the recognizable character actor Scott Michael Campbell immediately. I think Scott may be the male version of esteemed Character Actress Margo Martindale.  He works all the time, but I have to look up his name every time.  Since the info wasn't showing up on my TV, I had to look up the movie. It was called Flight of the Phoenix. I looked through the cast. Jared Padalecki was listed. He must have had a bit part at the beginning of the movie. I came in during the middle of the film and never saw him. 

I saw "Blockers" with Kathryn Newton and I was surprised that it was not as gross as I thought it would be.  I skipped the "butt chugging scene" but other than that, it wasn't too "gross frat-boy with girls" comedy I thought it was going to be.

In fact, it's mostly about the parent.

Kathryn is the most prominent of the 3 young women.  There's a very cute montage and she and her mom -- they're very close and it's a nice little character defining segment for both "Juliet" (Kathryn's character) and her mom (Leslie Mann).  

The movie did well financially. Budget of $21M, Domestic gross $60M, Worldwide $93.  And it got an 82 on Rotten Tomatoes.  Not a 'great' film by any stretch of the imagination but it's right in keeping with Kathryn's career trajectory of "upward".  She DESPERATELY needs to play something OTHER than "daughter".  At least this one she wasn't "troubled" -- in fact she was well adjusted. 

• Love 2

So Ketch is a State Farm agent in Aaron Rogers' latest commercial. 

Is he British? He sounds amazing as an American. Or, he sounds amazing as a Brit if he's American. ??

Not sure if this belongs here but doesn't that movie they're promoting Bad Times at the Old Royal seem like the Hammer Of The Gods episode??   It's raining and people are stopping by at the hotel then all hell breaks loose? 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Ninamags said:

Is he British? He sounds amazing as an American. Or, he sounds amazing as a Brit if he's American. ??

He's American.  He talked about doing his accent on one of the DVD extras. I forgot for which episode, but I think maybe it was The British Invasion. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Katy M said:

He's American.  He talked about doing his accent on one of the DVD extras. I forgot for which episode, but I think maybe it was The British Invasion. 

Actually, I think he's Canadian.

• Love 2

Okay, so Christian Keyes just showed up on Legends of Tomorrow. 

spoilers for LoT

Spoiler

He was having a fling with Constantine. Like full on make out session.  Actually, they had a relationship, and holy cats, Christian was shirtless lawdy...he's fine.

I swear to Gods..I just envisioned him be the character that links SPN and LoT into a crossover. LOL.

I was also weirdly territorial and irritated over it. Like NO! He's OURS! LOL Also annoyed that Christian's vessel hasn't been mentioned at all in SPN! Where is he???

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I was checking IMDB for info on the the upcoming Captain Marvel movie, when I saw COLIN (young Sam) FORD's name.  He has the same last name as the title character, so I presume he may be playing the kid brother to the lead actress.   Good for him.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Okay, so Christian Keyes just showed up on Legends of Tomorrow. 

OMG, no wonder he looked so familiar!!!!! 

He's hot as heck. Those scenes with Constantine were great! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

I was checking IMDB for info on the the upcoming Captain Marvel movie, when I saw COLIN (young Sam) FORD's name.  He has the same last name as the title character, so I presume he may be playing the kid brother to the lead actress.   Good for him.

Colin Ford is now *22 years old*.  That means he's the same age now that Sam was when SPN started. :)

• Love 7

Just saw a commercial for "The Passage" coming in January on Fox, and recognized the voice before the face--Caroline Chikezie, who played Tamara in Magnificent 7, is one of the leads.

There's a live-action Star Wars TV series in the works, apparently.  ONTD had a story about it and listed some of the cast:  "Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Carl Weathers and Omid Abtahi. They join the already cast shows lead Pedro Pascal, Nick Nolte, and Gina Carano".  For those who don't recall... Emily played Amara, Chuck's sister. 

• Love 1

This is not a role, but an ex-SPN actor is in the news for soliciting a minor.  This guy played the head deputy in "Jus in Bello".

Also, Jake Abel (Adam Winchester) was in the latest episode of the miniseries "Dirty John" that is airing on the Bravo cable station.  Dirty John is the true crime story of a woman scammed by a con man.  It also stars Eric Bana and Connie Britton.   Jake is playing the son of Connie Britton, and so far, he's only appeared in episode 5.   He may be in more...

MORE:  Found a video on Youtube that has clips of failed sitcoms from the 70's - most of the shows featured only lasted one season.  It was interesting to see how TV shows change.   During the last show on the video, I see the name Eugenie Ross-Leming, as a cast member.  Then I see that the show was developed by Ross-Leming and Brad Buckner.   I only knew them from SPN and I guess I pictured Gen X folks writing for the show; I had no idea that they go back 30+ years of television.   Here's the clip for those interested - Buckner/Ross-Leming show is at 14:00.

Amy Gumenick (young Mary Winchester) has a small role in the Netflix thriller "Bird Box".

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1

Saw Emily Swallow in an old Bones episode.  Man, does SHE have a great body  That didn't come thru on Supernatural but in a form-fitting outfit on Bones it was like "wowza".  

16 minutes ago, SueB said:

Saw Emily Swallow in an old Bones episode.  Man, does SHE have a great body  That didn't come thru on Supernatural but in a form-fitting outfit on Bones it was like "wowza".  

And she is tiny. Something else I never really noticed on SPN, nor on The Mentalist. But seeing her on stage, she's even tiny next to Robbie. :)  But the woman has a huge set of lungs on her. Girlfriend can wail. She sang Gimme Shelter in Toronto and blew the roof off the place.

• Love 1

The wonderful actor who played Rufus (I can't recall his name) has a scene in the netflix movie Velvet Buzzsaw. His scene parter was Jake Gyllenhaal (sp??). He plays crotchety so well I would be nervous to ask him a question in real life 😄. It was nice to stumble across him so unexpectedly.

Edited by Wateroflife
  • Love 2

So THRILLED to have Mark Sheppard back on TV.

In other good news: https://tvline.com/2019/02/14/psych-the-movie-2-sequel-usa-network-reunion/

Timothy Omundson is back for the Psych 2 movie.  Now they are addressing his stroke by having him recovering in a hospital.  But just knowing that he's filming again does my heart good.  We nearly lost him a couple of years ago.  We lost Luke Perry this week.  And unlike Rob Benedict, Tim's stroke had far more lasting consequences.  I'm pretty sure the right (?) side of his face has suffered permanent damage -- to what extent I don't know.  And I don't know what his physical limitations are.  But his texting skills have come back up to 100% (versus the fist few that went out).  And his mind seems as sharp as ever.  I'm looking forward to this.

• Love 2
On 3/3/2019 at 8:58 AM, juppschmitz said:

He's amazing, as usual. Plays an awesome Kipling, who was originally based on John Constantine (since they couldn't get the rights to actually have Constantine appear in the Doom Patrol comic). Tbh it's hard not to see Crowley though, because he's got that same smartass, badass personality. But hey! Not only do I get to see my favorite comic book FINALLY come to life, but Mark Sheppard guest stars?? I'm in heaven rn! Also Curtis Armstrong played a very enthusiastic talking cockroach for like 10 seconds in the pilot. I'm assuming he'll be back later in the season because the crew were wearing hats with a cockroach logo on them.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ZennyKenny said:

Also Curtis Armstrong played a very enthusiastic talking cockroach for like 10 seconds in the pilot. I'm assuming he'll be back later in the season because the crew were wearing hats with a cockroach logo on them.

Oh man, I love Curtis Armstrong. And a cockroach? Awesome!*** I might have to check it out if the cockroach would come back, because that would be something worth me looking into.

*** I may have liked "Joe's Apartment" and though that the singing cockroaches were cute. :: hangs head in shame :: But in my defense, I am an Entomologist, so...

• Love 2

I started watching this show on Netflix called 'The Ranch'.  It's like watching 'That 70s Show', only on a ranch and not in the 70s. 

Anyway, someone's parents on the show showed up in an episode. I'm thinking the father looks really familiar. After he started talking I realized it was Jim Beaver.  It was weird that it took me so long to recognize him. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:24 PM, AwesomO4000 said:

Oh man, I love Curtis Armstrong. And a cockroach? Awesome!*** I might have to check it out if the cockroach would come back, because that would be something worth me looking into.

*** I may have liked "Joe's Apartment" and though that the singing cockroaches were cute. :: hangs head in shame :: But in my defense, I am an Entomologist, so...

I know who I'm calling the next time I see one of those ginormous cockroaches in the lobby bathroom here at work.  Because my usual modus operandi is to run out and make someone (usually my night cleaner) go kill it for me.

I do so much better with snakes and lizards.

Rob Benedict was on the NCIS: New Orleans again. He did not fare well.

I saw Spencer Garrett (the husband in A Very SPN Xmas) in the trailer for the upcoming Quentin Tarantino movie "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".

ADDED:  Warren Christie (Luther, the head vampire in "Dead Man's Blood") is starring in a new NBC drama called 'The Village'.

Edited by patty1h

Yadira Guevara Prip is on a new Apple series with Jason Momoa. 

SEE

PREMIERE DATE: TBA

WHO: Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones), Alfre Woodard (Marvel’s Luke Cage), Yadira Guevara-Prip (Supernatural), Nesta Cooper (Travelers) 

WHAT: An epic, world-building drama set in the future, written by Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight and directed by Francis Lawrence (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2). 

TV Line summary of Apple shows

6 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

This old movie called 'One Crazy Summer' is on one of the cable channels. It took me a while to figure out who one of the actors was. It was a teenage Curtis Armstrong. He was almost unrecognizable. Almost. 

I remember seeing that movie way back when.  I didn't remember he was in it.  I remembered Demi Moore and Tom Villard (?) were in it. And I remember it was quite not particularly good.  IIRC, they did have a scene where their "face froze that way" like in I Believe the Children are our Future.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I remember seeing that movie way back when.  I didn't remember he was in it.  I remembered Demi Moore and Tom Villard (?) were in it. And I remember it was quite not particularly good.  IIRC, they did have a scene where their "face froze that way" like in I Believe the Children are our Future.

It was kind of like the movies John Hughes used to make, but not a John Hughes movie. It had John Cusack and Demi Moore plus most of the same actors who were in those movies from the 80s. I have to say, John Cusack was a geeky kid in this movie - not far off from 'Sixteen Candles'. He really grew into his looks as he aged.  The little girl hitting the two guys on the back so their faces froze was a memorable moment from this movie.  I agree. Not a good movie. Pretty on par with a lot of the moves that were made back then. 

22 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

The little girl hitting the two guys on the back so their faces froze was a memorable moment from this movie. 

Yeah, that's really the only part I remember. That and I think there was a guy boiling lobsters and he stuck a stethoscope in he water so he could hear them scream.