Type keyword(s) to search

Mistresses - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm leaning on don't-like for Calista, though if she tries to take Harry from Joss, that might be fun to watch.

Well, unless it devolves into yet another annoying love triangle.

I'm leaning on don't-like for Calista, though if she tries to take Harry from Joss, that might be fun to watch.

Well, unless it devolves into yet another annoying love triangle.

(edited)

Goodbye Savi...can't say I'll miss you.  At all.  I usually think that siblings trading romantic interests is disgusting as hell, but Alyssa Milano just had no chemistry with Brett Tucker (Harry) while Jess Macallan (Joss) had a ton.  Honestly, Joss/Harry is the only reason that I continue to watch this ridiculous show.

Haha, Karen lecturing the doctor about profiling her blood.  "I could sue you!"  Oh, Karen.  You're not one to scold people on medical ethics.  I am kind of interested in her story, so that's a plus.  I'm glad we didn't go the usual routes of pregnancy or cancer.  

Loved Joss chasing Savi's car down and telling the guy inside "I don't even remember your frickin' name."  Same Joss, same.

Isn't Lucy a bit young (and quite immature) to be left alone at home?  April just took off with Uncle Mark and didn't say one word to her daughter, leaving Lucy to babysit her half brother.  I too wondered why April didn't just run Mark to Walmart for some cheap sheets.  The ones they were sleeping on had holes in them...I think 200 thread count sheets would be an upgrade.  Instead, Mark is now using April's expensive gifted sheets as a fucking tablecloth.  How did she manage to find someone even dumber than her?

Ugh, go away Emmanuelle Vaugier.  I can already tell that I'm going to hate whatever purpose she serves (yes, it's likely to sleep with Harry).

Wow, I know that Jennifer Esposito's character is supposed to be some famous designer, but her clothes (and hair) are awful.  Who is styling her?!   Probably the same person who was styling Alyssa Milano.  Plus, I wasn't sure if she was supposed to be an alky or what.  Why do I feel like her storyline is going to involve paying Joss to seduce her husband so she can get pictures (probably for proof of infidelity to use against him in a divorce)?

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

Ugh, go away Emmanuelle Vaugier.  I can already tell that I'm going to hate whatever purpose she serves (yes, it's likely to sleep with Harry).

Wow, I know that Jennifer Esposito's character is supposed to be some famous designer, but her clothes (and hair) are awful.  Who is styling her?!   Probably the same person who was styling Alyssa Milano.  Plus, I wasn't sure if she was supposed to be an alky or what.  Why do I feel like her storyline is going to involve paying Joss to seduce her husband so she can get pictures (probably for proof of infidelity to use against him in a divorce)?

Probably because it's predictable and contrived like her character so far.

Goodbye Savi...can't say I'll miss you.  At all.  I usually think that siblings trading romantic interests is disgusting as hell, but Alyssa Milano just had no chemistry with Brett Tucker (Harry) while Jess Macallan (Joss) had a ton.  Honestly, Joss/Harry is the only reason that I continue to watch this ridiculous show.

On top of the chemistry issue, I've always found that her relationship with Harry made Savi look particularly unsympathetic, to say the least.

I just think that AM was miscast for the place that she was in  her life.  i think the character of Savi was supposed to be more physical, with her relationship with Dom and with Harry, and she was unable to do that.   They also wrote her as unsympathetic, and not the successful attorney she was supposed to be. Your personal life can be a mess, but your professional thrive, and they don't allow any of the 4 to be successful at either.

The only way Mistresses stays on is because it is summer and people have nothing else to do.  I watched it a little before because of Alyssa, and because I was such a fan of the original one on BBC, but this version is supposed to be "campy" and "funny," and I just get a hot mess that is not particularly dramatic or funny. 

Trust me, the original was not a "great work," but the actresses were believable with the material that they were given, and you felt sympathy for them instead of exasperation, annoyance and humor. What grown woman, no matter how much of a "free spirit," breaks up with someone in the manner and place that she did? Chicken at church? Really? 

I tried to watch, but the recaps here pretty much caught me up.  I personally thought both Dom and Harry were totally mis cast. I don't think Harry has chemistry with anyone, the actor is boring and not that attractive. I also think that the actress that plays Joss does not invoke the "wild, sexy, little, sister." Both she and Harry come across as just directionless people that need someone else to guide them or make decisions for them.  When they are together Harry always reminds me of her father first,and now he is like an insecure little boy.  Ugh! 

The show messed up by changing Savi and Joss to be sisters. It makes no sense that a sister would cut out like that, especially after a near death experience, and it also makes no sense that someone's best friend would react the way April did to the situation. 

I fast forwarded through most of it, but the trailer guy is not attractive here (nor was he on the Clients or whatever that show was) and I can't stomach a scene with the little girl. 

I love JE, but I am not looking forward to seeing her on this. 

• Love 2
I fast forwarded through most of it, but the trailer guy is not attractive here (nor was he on the Clients or whatever that show was) and I can't stomach a scene with the little girl.

Miranda, Scotty and Uncle Mark showed up pretty suddenly -- considering they apparently drove in an RV from Florida to LA in about a day.  And then Miranda apparently flew back to a cruise ship job in Florida leaving Mark and Scotty and the RV in LA.  Is it really that easy to ditch a kid with a relative in another state and enroll them in school without the parent around ? Wouldn't Mark have to be given guardian status over Scotty while Miranda is away ?

Lucy is pretty annoying -- she says to April "Why do you get to make all the decisions ?".  Oh, I don't know, maybe because April's the adult (even if she doesn't act like it).

I think that was the point...to make her look as selfish and stubborn as possible so that the viewers would root for Harry and Joss and be annoyed with her character and feel that they do not owe her any loyalty or consideration.  I don't get how they gave an interview saying that Savi was always the most selfish, when they initially wrote her as being the breadwinner so her husband could follow his dreams with his career, and as taking care of her sister.  Sure she made some terrible choices, but they ALL did, and no one is written as more selfish than Joss.....just another example of how they are willing to trash the character to further the new "love connection." 

Maybe there is some animosity about the way AM left the show?   They could have written her out with Dom...he was a useless character and I think he is going to Grey's Anatomy full time. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Could they really not get Alyssa Milano back for a couple scenes to write her off properly? Having her just run off with no word to anyone makes Savi look really immature.

Exactly, so because her sister made out with her ex, she suddenly quits her job, leaves her other friends behind, and gets out of the country?  Talk about a complete overreaction.

Maybe there is some animosity about the way AM left the show?   They could have written her out with Dom...he was a useless character and I think he is going to Grey's Anatomy full time.

I guess especially since he's already a regular on that show recently.

Edited by Free
Exactly, so because her sister slept with her ex, she suddenly quits her job, leaves her other friends behind, and gets out of the country?  Talk about a complete overreaction.

It didn't even get that far -- they were interrupted while making out on the beach by Harry's phone.

I'm still trying to figure out how Joss didn't get sand all over her dress, but April somehow managed to get sand on her butt while sitting on the beach for 30 seconds while talking to Lucy.

• Love 1

Lucy is pretty annoying -- she says to April "Why do you get to make all the decisions ?".  Oh, I don't know, maybe because April's the adult (even if she doesn't act like it).

April continues to show how inept she is as a parent.  From the first season, Lucy has been rude and disrespectful to her constantly.  There were several instances during this episode where she needed to be slapped, then grounded.  I get that April "feels bad" or whatever, but she needs to recognize that she is the adult, and she is in charge, not Lucy.  

• Love 3

It didn't even get that far -- they were interrupted while making out on the beach by Harry's phone.

I'm still trying to figure out how Joss didn't get sand all over her dress, but April somehow managed to get sand on her butt while sitting on the beach for 30 seconds while talking to Lucy.

Continuity error.

(edited)

Could they really not get Alyssa Milano back for a couple scenes to write her off properly? Having her just run off with no word to anyone makes Savi look really immature.  

In fact they couldn't, that's why I don't fault them for the write off at all. AM was particularly rigid in her "Move to Canada and I'm out" attitude as if appearing here would somehow turn her into stone or something. It's funny because she loves to slag off Shannen Doherty for Charmed and 90210 but Shannen wrapped up both of her characters exits before she left.

Exactly, so because her sister made out with her ex, she suddenly quits her job, leaves her other friends behind, and gets out of the country?  Talk about a complete overreaction.

It's also IMO very in-keeping with Savi's solipsistic me-me-me character. Screw Karen and her possible HIV, screw Dom, screw April, I WANTED HARRY and he's screwing around with my sister. Whether or not Harry actually wanted her never really came up. I'm super glad to be rid of that character but I'm still pretty irritated that AM didn't have the good grace to give the show an episode at least to wrap up what was a very significant storyline. It's not as if they moved to Vancouver to spite her. It was budgetary reasons. ETA I for one am happy for the Canadian actors and don't find them obnoxious at all.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

It's also IMO very in-keeping with Savi's solipsistic me-me-me character. Screw Karen and her possible HIV, screw Dom, screw April, I WANTED HARRY and he's screwing around with my sister. Whether or not Harry actually wanted her never really came up. I'm super glad to be rid of that character but I'm still pretty irritated that AM didn't have the good grace to give the show an episode at least to wrap up what was a very significant storyline. It's not as if they moved to Vancouver to spite her. It was budgetary reasons. ETA I for one am happy for the Canadian actors and don't find them obnoxious at all.

Wow, so now that makes 2/3 main stars of Charmed into divas/attitude.

Karen receives a house call from Alec after her medical procedure proves to be more painful than expected. Paul’s past transgressions continue to haunt April. When the insurance company demands that she pay back the insurance settlement, April turns to Savi’s old nemesis Toni for legal counsel. Meanwhile, Marc helps her through the crisis by revealing a secret of his own. Will this secret scare her away or bring the duo closer together? Joss helps Calista out of a business bind, and a little distraction is exactly what she needs as she struggles with her feelings for Harry.

When the insurance company demands that she pay back the insurance settlement, April turns to Savi’s old nemesis Toni for legal counsel.

Finally !!!  The insurance company is following up on a little old thing called fraud.  While April wasn't initially involved in the fraud, she was the beneficiary of it and she made no attempt to contact the insurance company once she found out Paul was alive.  I would think that there should be criminal charges as well.  

But April turning to Toni only makes sense since there are no other actors playing lawyers in the cast.

Meanwhile, Marc helps her through the crisis by revealing a secret of his own. Will this secret scare her away or bring the duo closer together?

So what happened to Daniel ? It was only a little more than two weeks ago that April spent some quality time at the cabin.  Where did he go ?  Because April and Marc makes about as much sense as Savi and Zach did.

• Love 1

IIRC, Alyssa Milano didn't exactly back out because she hates Vancouver or anything. She'd given birth less than a month before they announced the renewal and relocation and she didn't want to relocate her family. 

I know not everyone cares about diversity in casting, but I rolled my eyes so hard when Dr. Asshole said the patient, ie. his wife has a great-grandmother that's Korean and then his wife ends up being the whitest white that even whited with literal blonde hair and blue eyes. It was such an unnecessary line to include if they weren't going to even try for a vaguely Asian looking actress.

• Love 4
I know not everyone cares about diversity in casting, but I rolled my eyes so hard when Dr. Asshole said the patient, ie. his wife has a great-grandmother that's Korean and then his wife ends up being the whitest white that even whited with literal blonde hair and blue eyes. It was such an unnecessary line to include if they weren't going to even try for a vaguely Asian looking actress.

Kind of similar to the casting of Emma Stone in 'Aloha'.

IIRC, Alyssa Milano didn't exactly back out because she hates Vancouver or anything. She'd given birth less than a month before they announced the renewal and relocation and she didn't want to relocate her family. 

I think you're right about Alyssa Milano.  That's my memory of it too.  She had JUST had her baby and didn't want to move her family to Vancouver.  I think she was bummed she had to leave the show because they were moving.

Totally agree about the casting!  When we met her, I was like "Wait, what?  I thought he said she was of Asian decent..."  I thought maybe I had just made that up in my head since the actress is as white as can be!

I agree that the casting of the wife was a fail—or the fail was mentioning she had a Korean great-grandmother. I know genetics are wacky and all that, but if the show's going to make a point of it, have the courage to follow up. Also, I don't like the doctor husband at all. He's really aggressive in a near abusive way. So of course Karen will sleep and/or fall in love with him. That's pure spec, but it certainly fits her m.o. 

• Love 3

Yeah, that definitely got a big ole' side eye out of me.  Glad you brought it up because I thought that maybe I had imagined the conversation about the wife's Korean ancestor and the "profiling" of Karen's blood. 

Yeah, that definitely got a big ole' side eye out of me.  Glad you brought it up because I thought that maybe I had imagined the conversation about the wife's Korean ancestor and the "profiling" of Karen's blood. 

It's just a wholly contrived storyline, it really feels like they have no idea what to do with Karen's character.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, how did Callista go from hitting on Harry at the restaurant to waking up with some dude in her bed ?  Was that supposed to be her husband ?  And was she thinking about smothering him ?

April really is a nag in the morning -- I'm starting to see why Paul faked his own death.

Seriously, they are basically bloodletting Karen and the nurses are going to leave her unattended. I hope they leave her a quart for the trip home.

Joss:  "That dress is so beautiful I'm going to cry."
Does Joss not have her contacts in or something, because that dress was pretty hideous.

Seriously, April is trying to justify keeping the fraudulently obtained insurance payout.  Seriously.  What an idiot !  Somehow in her mind, she deserves the money for all the pain and suffering that Paul (not the insurance company) put her through.  Because she has set most of the stolen money aside for Lucy's college fund.  WTF ?

Had April ever met Toni before ?  And despite Toni previously being on Savi's shitlist, April acts like they're besties.

Wow -- that scene of Karen spilling the coffee cup was very poorly acted.  Just bush league.

Where did Joss get this ridiculous sized staff of hundreds to setup for Callista's show -- on a day's notice (if that) ?  And didn't she have to pay them out of that huge amount Callista paid her ?

Callista needs to get rid of that stupid ugly fucking brown hat.  And the even uglier spotted hat later in the episode. 

Big surprise Joss gets pissy that Callista is moving in on her man -- that she's not currently dating.

Karen is totally going to bone the Doctor -- who's wife she's helping out, even in her weakened condition.  And then she is going to bang the Doctor's son too after the Doctor dies.  Force of habit.

April says she broke up with Daniel just last week just so Lucy wouldn't be upset.  About what ?  I thought Lucy liked Daniel.  That makes no sense.

Oh noooooesssss -- Joss sees Harry with a topless woman behind him during a photo shoot and jumps to the conclusion that he isn't interested in her anymore.   It's not like Harry was hiding what he's doing and there wasn't a photographer and the other partner right there -- Joss is an idiot.  No matter, after a quick chat with Callista she's off to bone Harry.

And could someone in the producer's office please tell them to change the ring tones on Joss' phone ?  It's irritating as fuck.

Joss saves the day with a pep talk to Callista -- and for her troubles she gets to play runway model.  Awwwww.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

This episode was all over the place. I don't mind the OTTness/lack of realism, but last week there was a unity in the narrative through Savi's departure. In this one, each of the three "veteran" characters was on a parallel track and the interactions between them weren't significant/were too shallow; especially in contrast with Callista/Joss or even Alec/Karen.

April, instead of parenting Marc (making him even less of a romantic option for you in my eyes) parent your daughter. You'll never be her best friend, so as well be her mom.

Karen, Karen, Karen. At this point, I feel she's going to sleep with both the husband and the wife, LOL.

Harry and Joss, yeah ! That was hot. Although, even gone, Savi is angst enough; no need to add more. Thank you.

I like that they take time to introduce Callista and don't have her as part of the group yet. I like her budding friendship with Joss.

I wasn't sure last week how I felt about all Callista's gesturing and some of her line deliveries, but then she really toned that all down for this episode...until her last scene with Joss, when it was back to E1/E2 levels. I definitely preferred Callista prior to the last scene.

If Karen does sleep with Alec, it's going to be the wife pulling him into it, it seems. He's shown no interest in Karen outside of her use as a donor to save his wife's life. And I wasn't entirely sure if Karen was responding to Alec himself, or to Alec's description of Vivian. But Mistresses already did a f/f storyline (poorly) in S1, so to change it up enough I can see why the series would go with a threesome arrangement here.

Did Toni change her hair? I could swear she had big curly red hair previously, but maybe my memory is totally wrong. I thought it was weird that April hugged her. Of course, after that April proceeded to be a total brat about the situation up until her epiphany. On what planet did April think she was going to be able to pay absolutely none of the money back? I also don't like her relationship with the new guy, and I was annoyed that hot FBI guy has been written off with one line. Ugh, I hate everything about April and her storyline this season.

Now that Callista's model has admitted to her face, in front of a bunch of witnesses, that she slept with Callista's husband, can't Callista just use that to get her divorce?

April, instead of parenting Marc (making him even less of a romantic option for you in my eyes) parent your daughter. You'll never be her best friend, so as well be her mom.

April is a terrible parent, but I feel a bit (but only a really little bit) for her—Lucy is firmly in the jerk stage of childhood.

Toni wasn't much of a lawyer for April, was she? "I got the insurance company to accept a payment plan!" I know April doesn't have many options because she's definitely in the wrong, but Toni put no effort into it. I'm not sure if she'll become a nemesis for the rest of the women or the show made her April's lawyer because we already know her.

Now that Callista's model has admitted to her face, in front of a bunch of witnesses, that she slept with Callista's husband, can't Callista just use that to get her divorce?

Calista doesn't want to have to pay her husband anything, so unless there's a no-cheating clause in a prenup—and we don't know if there's a prenup—she's likely still on the hook for spousal support. 

(edited)

Toni wasn't much of a lawyer for April, was she? "I got the insurance company to accept a payment plan!" I know April doesn't have many options because she's definitely in the wrong, but Toni put no effort into it.

Calista doesn't want to have to pay her husband anything, so unless there's a no-cheating clause in a prenup—and we don't know if there's a prenup—she's likely still on the hook for spousal support. 

I had the opposite impression of Toni: When I heard the deal she got for April, I said to myself, that's about the best possible deal that could've happened under the circumstances, and I was irritated at April for just whining at her and claiming she couldn't pay anything.

I know Callista doesn't want to pay her husband anything, but didn't she explain in the premiere that that was the reason she's trying to obtain evidence of his cheating? She knows he's cheating, so it's not about wondering whether he is or isn't. She needs evidence so she can divorce him without paying, so presumably she does have a no-cheating clause.

Edited by Black Knight

Toni wasn't much of a lawyer for April, was she? "I got the insurance company to accept a payment plan!" I know April doesn't have many options because she's definitely in the wrong, but Toni put no effort into it. I'm not sure if she'll become a nemesis for the rest of the women or the show made her April's lawyer because we already know her.

I thought she said she talked the insurance company into accepting HALF of the money back (so $100,000 instead of $200,000) and they'll take it in installments.  That seemed actually pretty reasonable to me!  April essentially was committing fraud once she knew her husband was alive and she didn't notify the insurance company!

I really hope Karen doesn't bone the doctor UNLESS it's with the wife!  That will annoy me to no end - she already cheated with a husband so I don't care to see that play out again.

Joss seems so wishy-washy with Harry.  Make up your damn mind!

Not going to lie, I'm enjoying all the Canadian actors.  The doctor, Harry's boss, the bartender - I've seen them all on other shows!

Not gonna lie, I would have liked to see Harry in his "star-spangled underpants."  Loved his reaction to learning that's what he was supposed to wear for the photo shoot.  

I wish that April would start acting like a parent to her brat of a daughter.  She's a monster!

• Love 1
I thought she said she talked the insurance company into accepting HALF of the money back (so $100,000 instead of $200,000) and they'll take it in installments.  That seemed actually pretty reasonable to me!

Ah, you're right. I stand corrected. I don't pay close attention to what's happening on this show. Obviously. Okay, Toni did get April a better deal than she deserves.

• Love 1

I cut April a lot of slack, but she was totally wrong in her demands towards Toni about the deal.  I'm glad she got a clue.  I thought she was spot on with the brother (Mike? Mark? Matt?) about him needing to step up with his nephew.  Dude is basically an overgrown child, and being an alcoholic doesn't make it okay.  

I do hope April's arc this season involves growing a backbone with her daughter (and in general).  Again, I'm willing to cut her some slack on the parenting because I perceived a lot of her leeway is due to the family tragedies and drama (some of which was perpetuated by her).  Lucy's behavior mirrors what I've seen in real life among kids that age (even without family tragedy), and reaffirms my decision to be child-free.

Never cared about Joss and Harry, and they might have even less chemistry than I remember. And oddly, the more I see Harry, the less attractive he becomes.  I thought he was HOT in season one. By the time season two ended, I found Savi's friend (Zach?) more attractive.     

Karen's arc and issues could be interesting, but the writers don't seem to care much.  I really like that she struggles with her place in the world, and her desire for family. 

I like Jennifer Esposito, but I would have preferred the show focus on the three remaining ladies and their friendship. Joss has always been self-absorbed, but she looks particularly shallow after asking to crash with Karen then spending her time up Calista's ass or obsessing over Harry.  She bugs.  I think it's the actress as much as the writing - her British equivalent was 1) actually gorgeous, and 2) had the personality that would explain why men and women would be drawn to her. Even on this show, the April and Karen actresses make her seem downright homely and awkward. 

Not gonna lie, I would have liked to see Harry in his "star-spangled underpants."  Loved his reaction to learning that's what he was supposed to wear for the photo shoot.  

I wish that April would start acting like a parent to her brat of a daughter.  She's a monster!

Yeah dude, her daughter's terrible. I'm liking Marc more and more though. This episode was fun for me, Karen and her Bradley Cooper and Joss and Calista. This show is just perfect for summer, mindless fun to drink wine to. Love it!

• Love 2
Joss pushes her new relationship with Harry faster than she should. A misunderstanding between Karen and Vivian leads to a deepening of their friendship and a surprising act of intimacy. Lucy’s sexy headmaster, Blair, teaches April a thing or two about parenting while on a school camping trip. Calista finds herself getting pulled back in by Luca, but just as she lets her guard down it’s clear that Luca has ulterior motives.
Joss pushes her new relationship with Harry faster than she should.

It can mean only one thing -- Joss is already talking marriage.

A misunderstanding between Karen and Vivian leads to a deepening of their friendship and a surprising act of intimacy.

A misunderstanding.  On this show.  Really, I find that hard to believe. </snark>  Of course Vivian wants to thank Karen for her blood, and by "thank" that means getting it on.

Lucy’s sexy headmaster, Blair, teaches April a thing or two about parenting while on a school camping trip

The sexy headmaster that has never been seen before (I suppose someone has to replace Daniel since she has ditched Daniel like yesterday's newspaper) from the expensive prep school that April can no longer afford to send Lucy because she needs to repay the insurance money.  April could use some parenting lessons since she is so terrible at it.

Calista finds herself getting pulled back in by Luca, but just as she lets her guard down it’s clear that Luca has ulterior motives.

I'm going to say no one cares.  Is Luca her husband ?

• Love 1
(edited)

I appreciated the plot of the sick wife who felt transparent to her husband. The loss of intimacy during hard times is difficult to overcome, is difficult to talk about and can be really damaging to the ego. Which doesn't help to beat the shit out of a disease of course. I don't blame the husband at all, separating a lover from his/her sickness is hard but I was just happy to see something a little bit real on this show.

The resolution was lol but hey, we can't have everything.

Oh and on a shallow note: Hellooooooooooooooooo Blair! 

Edited by Pollock

Okay, I'm confused.  Didn't Joss used to be a realtor?  Why did Harry act like she didn't know anything about houses?  And why did SHE act like she didn't know anything about houses???

• Love 2
Okay, I'm confused.  Didn't Joss used to be a realtor?  Why did Harry act like she didn't know anything about houses?  And why did SHE act like she didn't know anything about houses???

Joss was indeed a realtor -- but then she banged her boss, Olivier, while she was a same-sex relationship with ..... umm, I want to say Alex.  And then she moved on to party planning in Season 2.

Yes, S1 Joss was a realtor, supposedly a successful one. I kind of forgot that since her UK counterpart was an event planner and Joss ended up going into event planning, but she started out on this show as a realtor.

Although that storyline mostly bores me right now - although, at least it's not April's, which I actively hate to the point I've started FFing it - I was glad for the moment of honesty when she essentially said that she needed this to work out because she didn't want losing her sister to have been for nothing. Because I've felt Harry has been way too casual about what it means to Joss that her beloved sister has cut her off. I don't expect Harry to care for himself, since Savi cheated on him and chose another guy over him and divorced him, but if he loves Joss he should care for her sake about what that means for her. Instead he's just been like, "Oh, eh," because it doesn't matter to him personally, because he hasn't lost anything out of this. But Joss has.

Luca really doesn't have much finesse, does he? I laughed so hard when he started in on his Powerpoint presentation at the "romantic" dinner. You bring up the idea of designing your own line the next day when she's talking about how well you designed the necklace you gave her, dimwit!

I really have no idea how Karen found herself in this situation, except that she's Karen and this is what she does, but I have to admit, I'm finding it wildly entertaining that she's landed herself in the middle of a threesome with a married couple. I'm actually looking forward to next week's episode and hearing the other women's commentary (the only time I enjoy April anymore is in her conversations with her friends, because she's pretty funny then). But when Vivian had that insight that Karen is afraid she's attracted to Alec and that's why she's pushing Vivian and Alec together, I thought to myself that she is way too smart for Karen. Granted, that is a low bar considering it's Karen we're talking about, but Vivian is really legitimately smart. Alec seems closer to Karen's level because he's emotionally stunted and pretty terrible at personal interactions. So I'm actually interested to see how that threesome works out. I mean, I'm sure it'll work out disastrously for Karen, because it's Karen, but I can't predict how yet - which one of them is going to break her heart, or is it going to be both of them?

Although that storyline mostly bores me right now - although, at least it's not April's, which I actively hate to the point I've started FFing it - I was glad for the moment of honesty when she essentially said that she needed this to work out because she didn't want losing her sister to have been for nothing. Because I've felt Harry has been way too casual about what it means to Joss that her beloved sister has cut her off. I don't expect Harry to care for himself, since Savi cheated on him and chose another guy over him and divorced him, but if he loves Joss he should care for her sake about what that means for her. Instead he's just been like, "Oh, eh," because it doesn't matter to him personally, because he hasn't lost anything out of this. But Joss has.

Yeah, I totally agree.  If Harry really loves Joss, he should be more sympathetic to her of her losing Savi.  I know he doesn't care for Savi and finds her running off to be selfish and self-centered, but he should be treating Joss better about the situation.  I'm not really loving Harry this season so far.

• Love 1

Yeah, I totally agree.  If Harry really loves Joss, he should be more sympathetic to her of her losing Savi.  I know he doesn't care for Savi and finds her running off to be selfish and self-centered, but he should be treating Joss better about the situation.  I'm not really loving Harry this season so far.

Agreed, she's still her sister, of course she would still care.

(edited)

April, my god! I have never met a black parent who "parents" like this. That is to say...not at all. YOU are the adult not Lucy. WTF is wrong with this woman?!

Okay, saw the second half of the episode, FINALLY April gets it together!! I still agree with SonofaBiscuit though, military school or something or that little girl is going to end up like Heather #2.

Edited by slayer2

Lucy is such a little shit.  Can we just send her to a military school, or something?

So, the principal (I think he was the principal...wasn't paying THAT much attention) was chopping wood shirtless while little children from his school were hiking around the woods?  Um, that doesn't seem appropriate at all.  

I had to laugh at Vivian telling Karen that she gave her husband a pot brownie once, and he Gap folded some T-shirts and color coded his ties.  I don't find threesomes sexy at all, so I'm not super enthused about this storyline.

I didn't like Joss in the episode.  Her super pushy attitude about finding a house irritated the hell out of me.  But I guess that the show needed a reason to break her and Harry up for a while, so this is the start of it all.

• Love 3

I could never really warm up to Harry so I'm not loving Joss' story line with him. I'm still stuck on his S1 characterization where he was pissy that his sperm was the cause of his and Savvi's fertility issue, turned it around on her and said she must be relieved because then she could still be on the partner track and then later considered reconciling with her to save his restaurant. I don't know if this story happened in the UK version (though I know Jess wasn't Savvi's sister in that one) but it seems like the writers noticed that Jes Macallan and Brett Tucker had chemistry so they started rehabbing his character so they could stick them together.

(edited)

They've kept that aspect from the British series, ha! 

FINALLY, April is acting like a parent.  Ridiculous that it took the headmaster to remind her that a child needs a parent, not a friend, but I'll take what I can get.  Brian White annoys me, so I'm not looking forward to that eventual coupling.     

I didn't like Joss in the episode.  Her super pushy attitude about finding a house irritated the hell out of me.  But I guess that the show needed a reason to break her and Harry up for a while, so this is the start of it all.

What annoyed me was Joss freaking out during post-coital bliss because Harry's answer to her question wasn't satisfactory.  Setting aside Savi's absence (which, she's gone, so I'm pretty unsympathetic to Joss on that front), Joss definitively set boundaries around their relationship because of her issues.  Harry respects said boundaries, and suddenly, she's at his house and they're sexing it up. And HARRY needs to be the one to define their relationship? Joss is a child stuck in a woman's body, I swear.  Mind you, I'm not a Harry fan, either, but he's the only one acting like an adult in their "romance." 

I know it won't happen, but I'm perfectly fine with a Harry/bartender relationship.  It's certainly more practical, at any rate.   

Edited by ribboninthesky1