Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Regis' shtick was to be the put-upon male.  To that end, he was forever griping to and about Gelman, and even Art on occasion.  Kathy Lee certainly took her fair share, too.  But, KL managed to return fire brilliantly every so often and Rege would happily give her the moment.  He came to genuinely respect her.  She genuinely came to love him.

I worked on a famous show and a young person trying to establish themself was brought in.  This young one resented the heck out of the older and established star.  The star was always sure to make the young one understand that if respect wasn't given, it would be a bad deal for that person.  After a difficult, for the youngin, first season, respect arose for each other.  Today, nobody on earth is more fiercely loyal and loving to the older person than the youngin.  

Kelly, imo, never understood the natural personal dynamics of an established star with a newbie.  Respect for the star must be the order of the day.  From there, things can work out beautifully.  But, if the newbie has an ego that cannot or will not cede superiority, they will suffer the consequences.  Kellmee just would not and/or could not bring herself to appreciate what Rege was.  She saw everything through a self-centered prism.  Hence, Regis was a bad guy. 

Well we really don't know what went on behind the scenes. He could have resented her for not being KLG. 

• Like 1

Mixed messages much?  What is Kelllmeee trying to say?  She never "tires" of sex with MARK CONSUELOS!!! as she has blabbed everywhere or does she??  Hmmmm.

The other day poor Kellllmeee told us there are times she just wants a neck rub, not a sexual encounter with MARK CONSUELOS!!!!  What???  How can that be?  You've just told us a month ago you are NEVER tired of sex with your hubby?  *Cat & Nat, someone is stealing your material, lol.

She's a hoot!

• LOL 1

Was there any mention of what Ryan was doing this week?  

I kind of felt bad for MARK CONSUELOS!!!!! today when he was called a D-bag by a passerby (I said, 'kind of, lol.)

Imo, he totally deserved it because he gave way to much away with The White Lotus.  Both Kellmeeee and MARK CONSUELOS!!! just couldn't contain themselves to share the ending without giving away the ending.  I don't even watch that series and I thought he gave away way too much, lol.

Then he puts his foot in his mouth again today and doubles down on the cheating scenario?  What in the fresh hell was he doing??  "Other men" not him, of course.  Uh, no Mark.....speak for yourself.

And even with her own husband, Kelllmeee still can't string a sentence together without pausing, muttering, stumbling and otherwise trying to speak.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Kelly posted a Christmas picture with the family . Very nice picture.  I didn’t recognize Joaquin . He is really big now - I mean in a muscular way .  He doesn’t look like the same person from a year ago .  I always get concerned when I see kids in some sports suddenly get so big so quickly because sometimes performance enhancers are being used and it dangerous .  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I caught a portion of today’s show.  So, Mark….do you know my opinion of people who eat food so hot that it makes their head sweat?  Lol. Today, he commented on how he prejudges people who don’t like spicy food.  So……I think they may be smarter than people who eat food so hot that it kills their taste buds.  Lol. I had someone serve me food so hot one time that I actually got very angry with them.  I can eat spicy food and sometimes I do, but crazy hot that’s off the charts is not amusing, imo.  

• Like 1

Whatever that restaurant they were talking about today, they definitely were getting a kickback by mentioning the name; they must have said it at least 15 times. 

Ryan was definitely egging Kelly on when he asked when she got her reservation; she looked like a deer in the headlights when she said: "months ago".

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

It was Le Bernardin and they were both so over the top.  We get it, you're both multi-millionaires and you can do whatever you please.  I did appreciate Kelllmeee's 'deer in the headlights' look though, she didn't really know how to respond.

She's done a real turn-around; several years ago she'd rather die than say the word "Hamptons" it was always 'Long Island' lol.  Now she can't stop herself dropping names and all the ritzy things she and the family enjoy.  And, good for her, but enough with the act like she's just a simple mom.

On another note, I didn't think it was possible, but Kelllmeee looked even thinner than when she left pre-Christmas vacay.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, Onefineday said:

Did they even mention Barbara Walter's passing?  Kelly must have been on the outs with her. 

I didn't hear anything but I only have it on as background while I'm in and out.  I had to laugh at Kelllmeee being on "the outs with her."  So true!

7 hours ago, Jaded said:

I hadn't really watched much of this show in years and had it on for a bit today since I didn't see Kelly. I had no idea that Art Moore was still around. 

He's been around since the Regis days. He even participates in their Halloween sketches. Kathie Lee said he always sent her cards for special occasions. He's the one who should have a book. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Jaded said:

I had no idea that Art Moore was still around. 

Yes, lovable Art, been taking the barbs and slings from all of them since day one; now relegated to spinning the wheel!  What a hoot, Executive Producer in charge of production and WABC-TV's vice president of programming, spinning the trivia wheel!!

• Mind Blown 1
35 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

He's been around since the Regis days. He even participates in their Halloween sketches. Kathie Lee said he always sent her cards for special occasions. He's the one who should have a book. 

Knowing how long he's been around is why I was surprised he was still there. I remember the Kathie Lee bra drama from the 90's...😆

5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

????

It's mentioned in the article I linked. She started going braless or wearing what looked like tube top bras and other things. it would be really apparent that she was doing so especially when they tried to hide it. I remember it so well due to how old I was along with my Mom and I commenting because of noticing what she was doing so frequently because it really was distracting. It also seems to have been around the time Frank had that affair with the flight attendant.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, now that you mention it, that's when I stopped liking her.  I didn't like the exhibitionism & how arrogant she was, on top of her spouting her religious "roots".

She was a good interviewer, had amazing chemistry with Regis but damn the endless talking about her perfect husband, perfect kids and religion just completely turned me off her. She was back then and still is so arrogant and so full of herself. So much in common with Kelly.

• Like 2

Kelly must be fuming that Harry's PR blitz next week will be with Anderson Cooper, Michael Strahan, and Stephen Colbert and not her. 

"Live" has lost all meaning of live; even when it's live they read articles like "top 10 baby names".  I miss the days when they talked about current events, Regis would hold up the newspaper and they would discuss what happened the day before. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

OMG my sister for the audio version of Kelly’s book, she loves Kelly. She let me listen to it when she was visiting .  I couldn’t believe how bizarre it was ! Kelly sounds so stupid . Her weird storytelling about meeting Mark The we just  cringeworthy!

The weird gushing over Mark like he’s a god when she auditioned with him for his soap role could have been funny but she was so extreme and over the top it just came off weird !

She comes off pathetic and crazed with her obsession and knowing she was going to marry Mark the first time she met him .  She also just exaggerated too much for comedy to the point of being ridiculous.

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Carson Kressley was great with Ryan today.  Love him!!!

Agreed!  Husband was in the room watching and when I said,  "Carson is so funny," hubby said, "He's better than Kelly."

And......he is!

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Carson Kressley was great with Ryan today.  Love him!!!

Thanks for the heads up!  I'll be sure to watch.

Edited to add:  I did watch, and Carson was, of course, a total delight.  He brought something to the conversation, talking about his life, which didn't include soul cycle or diets.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 3

I think it's interesting that she's been taking so many days off.  She's always prided herself on her strong work ethic.  I'm wondering why Ryan hasn't mentioned her or her illness since she made such a big deal of it the first day back.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with her wanting to leave Live! and she really doesn't care what she does or when she shows up.  I think we can all agree that she's been phoning it in for the past 5 years, and I'm being generous with that time line, lol.

Here's a quote from her from several different news sources from not so long ago, "I've been quiet quitting for at least 10 years, maybe 15."

Forget the 'quiet quitting' and just do it already!!

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Probably because Kelly asked him not to. 

Maybe, maybe not.

I think it's her quiet quitting: 

Quiet quitting refers to doing the minimum requirements of one’s job and putting in no more time, effort, or enthusiasm than absolutely necessary. As such, it is something of a misnomer, since the worker doesn’t actually leave their position and continues to collect a salary.

And remember, she said it, I didn't.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, finnzup said:

Maybe, maybe not.

I think it's her quiet quitting: 

Quiet quitting refers to doing the minimum requirements of one’s job and putting in no more time, effort, or enthusiasm than absolutely necessary. As such, it is something of a misnomer, since the worker doesn’t actually leave their position and continues to collect a salary.

And remember, she said it, I didn't.

I've read your theory before, I was just adding my own.

1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

I've read your theory before, I was just adding my own.

Understood....my initial post was hoping all was well with her mother who had issues awhile back.  

Still hoping her mom is ok along with the rest of her family.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, justduckey said:

What days of  the week are they actually live? Just Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday? 

Not really sure because some times it's totally random, missing a Thursday and Friday and other times they are there for a full week.  

Really a ridiculous premise to continue with a Live! title and then, even with 'live' host chat, they talk about mundane newspaper clippings.

Today's editing was so poor, maybe they have one of the interns splicing and dicing??  Which brings up the other point, will they ever have a live audience or will Kelllmeee's fear of germs keep audiences away until she leaves.  To see the interns sitting there, clapping, with their masks on....omg, enough!!

And, just to bring Ryan into the mix, please wear clothing that fits.  He looks so uncomfortable in his suits, they are so binding on his arms, his shirts are pulling open at the buttons, geesh, lol.

Pull the darn plug on this sham of a show already!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, finnzup said:

And, just to bring Ryan into the mix, please wear clothing that fits.  He looks so uncomfortable in his suits, they are so binding on his arms, his shirts are pulling open at the buttons, geesh, lol.

Oh they fit, they fit when he's standing, that is.  It's when he's sitting everyone with eyes can tell how tight they are!

18 hours ago, finnzup said:

Today's editing was so poor, maybe they have one of the interns splicing and dicing?? 

I find the editing in the taped shows to always be amateurish and clumsy

• Like 3

Kelly is so offended by the Bachelor and how women behave , but she’s into Real Housewives and talks about binge watching it with her daughter when she es younger !

I guess when obnoxious Andy Cohen is her friend calling women “housewives “  and having them hit each other and act like idiots is not offensives to “feminist “ Kelly .

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

So Ryan was off again on Monday, I wonder what's going on? Kelly was so rude to him last week and I guess it's the pre-taped shows but they have zero chemistry.

At least when Mark is co-hosting the chit-chat is somewhat interesting.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Onefineday said:

At least when Mark is co-hosting the chit-chat is somewhat interesting.

I don't know about host-chat, I FF through that, regardless who is hosting, but the interview with Dave Bautista was fun.  I read the book his new movie's based on a couple of years ago, it was very good.  I'm worried the movie version will change salient plot points.

• Like 2

Just a couple of comments about MARK CONSUELOS!!! 

I agree that the crap chat segment is a bit more interesting because he tries to be current and share stories.  When he sat down, I noticed immediately that his hair appeared much darker, almost like a comedy skit that included black shoe polish.  Who knows, lol.

And secondly, Kelllmeee just can't help herself trying to be young and hip.  On her IG promoting her husband's co-hosting, she films them driving into work and she explains that her favorite 'DILF' is joining her as her co-host.  I just find that crude and so inappropriate but that's jmo.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, finnzup said:

I agree that the crap chat segment is a bit more interesting because he tries to be current and share stories.  When he sat down, I noticed immediately that his hair appeared much darker, almost like a comedy skit that included black shoe polish.  Who knows, lol.

And secondly, Kelllmeee just can't help herself trying to be young and hip.  On her IG promoting her husband's co-hosting, she films them driving into work and she explains that her favorite 'DILF' is joining her as her co-host.  I just find that crude and so inappropriate but that's jmo.

Omg…..I looked at a clip from yesterday.  You’re right about that dark hair color on Mark.  That’s just bizarre!  Boggles the mind.  Why, oh why?  It appeared to be painted onto his head.  You know, Tom Selleck was caught up into that until recently and I think he’s in his late 70’s.  He’s now lighter with a little grey.  Lol  To me, Mark’s hairstyle dates him.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3

Looks like Mark who is apparently the new Benjamin Button and aging backwards is coloring his hair !

I also think it’s weird that Lola who is around 22 is walking in on her parents in the bedroom!  And it’s weird that they shard that story and didn’t think it makes her look very strange !

Also, Lola telling Kelly that her knitting hobby made her look old , or  implying that Is also off ! K know plenty of young people who knit and crochet .

• Like 2
7 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Looks like Mark who is apparently the new Benjamin Button and aging backwards is coloring his hair !

lol!  Very funny.....so it wasn't just me thinking he had his hair dyed.

Regarding Lola, I do think it's crazy that she would walk in the bedroom without knocking after she already caught them once before and according to Kelllmeeee, traumatized Lola.

• Like 1
On 2/1/2023 at 6:26 AM, finnzup said:

When he sat down, I noticed immediately that his hair appeared much darker, almost like a comedy skit that included black shoe polish. 

Regarding the very dark hair, Mark Consuelos is an actor. He is recently portraying a character in an HBO film entitled "Girls on the Bus", based on a group of female journalists covering a Presidential election, only the series is set and based on a current day political climate.

"The presidential hopeful Consuelos will be playing is said to be a popular action movie star-turned-politician." (1970's era)

It's not difficult to recognize who Consuelos Presidential league character is based on. 

Many actors, male and female change their appearance for ongoing filming of their character roles.

https://collider.com/mark-consuelos-girls-on-the-bus-cast/

On 2/2/2023 at 6:26 AM, justduckey said:

I am looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Can this show be any more lame??  

Previously recorded again?  I've noticed they no longer have the 'previously recorded' disclaimer in the opening segment with Deja, it shows up after they sit down for crap-chat.  Wonder which EP made that decision?  

Guessing Kelllmeeeee thought the Eagles would win the Super Bowl and she could be somehow relevant with her dress choice?

And as always, the editing is horrendous.

Click.

• Sad 1