Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 5/3/2022 at 5:15 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I would, but not with their hit or miss work ethic. 

Working five hours a week, as they always have.  As Regis did in 1987.  As Strahan did.  As every host has.  

On 5/4/2022 at 2:25 PM, Onefineday said:

Kelly said today that she was supposed to have this week off? Really? Does she get 6 months of vacation days?

She gets everything her agent and she negotiate.  Just like every performer in the arts.  If her bosses at WABC and Disney Syndication agree, more power to her.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Kimmel & his wife are in bed with Covid.  (I'm liking his replacement!!)

Hmm.  That would explain why Kelly's LA Trip was postponed.

18 hours ago, finnzup said:

I'm also wondering if that's what she's got her father doing, some sort of guest shot or commercial for "Generation Gap" 

The premise of the show was multiple generations.  So we have a possible gig for Michael Consuelos as well.

• Useful 1

She must have been furious when the Gelman's won the Mother's Day game.  She's probably off this week, but if she was hosting tomorrow she would have some backhanded compliment about it. 

• Love 1

Kelly has always been pro-Mrs G and pro-Misha. And she follows Regis' lead with anti-Gelman remarks.  Regis constantly berated his exec producer. Kelly learned from the best.

I also thought those game show segments were very well-produced.  The whole Mom Day episode was well done.  Not nearly as eventful/dramatic as the years of Regis and KathieLee (and Gelman) going overboard with "Mother's Dream Come True" with super-sad tragic stories and oodles of cash and prizes awarded.

• Love 1
On 5/4/2022 at 10:11 PM, ByaNose said:

I read today that Dr. Phil & Live we’re basically tied at first. Kelly & Ryan are probably good for another 3 or 4 years. I honestly think Kelly will stay until her youngest finishes college…….at least.

Just weighing in on predictions re: Kelly's future on Live.

She made an offhand comment on the topic of social media last week that I thought could be related. She said on Tuesday's show that Instagram's the only app she's using and will be giving it up as of September 27th. That's the pub. date of her autobiography but I suspect a retirement announcement from Live will be part of the occasion as well. 

She also mentioned on the Bethenny Frankel podcast that she's had two previous retirement plans but only cited 2016 on the pod (because 15 years felt like enough) and I'm guessing 2020/21 was the second; but Strahan thwarted the first plan and my guess is COVID thwarted the other. She's been checked out of the show for a long time now and has gotten to the point of voicing her contempt toward the show, the network, and even the audience -- when they offer their opinions -- on the show. It's time she moves on if she feels stuck in this (multi-million dollar) gig, especially if the toxicity is infiltrating on air. I predict the book is part of her retirement plan. Just a thought. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, finnzup said:

Oh boy, just read on Instagram Kelllmeee has Covid.  Hope it's mild and she's back to pre-recording LiveNotLive real soon.

First it was Ryan who had it several times and now it’s Kelly’s turn. There’s no way they’ll ever have a live audience again. That said, he’s always traveling and she’s been going to wrestling matches so I might be wrong. I’m curious when they return for the fall if they’ll cave in as other talk shows (for quite while) have and have an audience?! I’m guessing Ali Wenthworh will host. She’s local and usually available. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m guessing Ali Wenthworh will host. She’s local and usually available. 

That would be great, Ali is always so funny.  But I'm wondering if they already pre-taped all their 'virtual road trip' segments already?  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, finnzup said:

That would be great, Ali is always so funny.  But I'm wondering if they already pre-taped all their 'virtual road trip' segments already?  

She is on GMA this morning embarrassing George again so she probably will be on in place of Kellme.  They really should be the poster couple for opposites attract.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ali has always joked about George ... that's her way & I don't mind it.  She's on again today with a different hairdo & she really looks cute.  I LOVE her contribution.  Smart, quick & witty.  Everything Kellme is NOT.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Ali has always joked about George ... that's her way & I don't mind it

I never watch GMA, but I recorded it this morning.  The interview with Strahan, Robin, GS and Ali was hilarious.

27 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

She's on again today with a different hairdo & she really looks cute. 

And a different outfit than the one she had on GMA.

28 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I LOVE her contribution.  Smart, quick & witty. 

Ditto!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Ali has always joked about George ... that's her way & I don't mind it.  She's on again today with a different hairdo & she really looks cute.  I LOVE her contribution.  Smart, quick & witty.  Everything Kellme is NOT.

Don't get me wrong I think she's great & she certainly shows that George can't be as serious as he appears.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I hope so!  I can't get enough of her.

I enjoy her sense of humor and she always seems so upbeat. I’ll try to catch her tomorrow. 
If Kelly is over hosting this show I’d love to see Ali get the gig. I also think they could do with a new producer. Gelman is getting stale and this show needs some new energy pumped into it. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I also think they could do with a new producer. Gelman is getting stale and this show needs some new energy pumped into it. 

Couldn't agree more, Gelman is the true villain in this situation.  This show desperately needs new blood, in front of and behind the camera.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Something about Gelman has given me an uneasy feeling for years. I have no idea why. I don't really watch the show anymore but remember feeling this way even during the Kathie Lee  days. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Ok, Maria is awful !

Is she too stupid to not know that you don’t cheer when a contestant loses because you “won”?? She was so cringeworthy!  Ryan looked a bit shocked and made some comment  about it ! 
And WTF is airy the woody woodpecker laugh ?? This is a woman who has worked as a host for years and ha nor learned to control her ridiculous laugh?

What’s the deal with the show this week? Kelly is apparently clear of Covid as she is in LA. Will she host from LA? Will Ryan host with her from LA? Is Ryan in NY and will have guest co-host? Or are the prerecorded as per usual?

• Useful 1

LiveNotLive! what a joke!

Just put this show out of its misery already or, here's a better idea.  Come up with a whole new concept because what they are doing to this show that was once the model for all talk shows is a disgrace.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, finnzup said:

LiveNotLive! what a joke!

Just put this show out of its misery already or, here's a better idea.  Come up with a whole new concept because what they are doing to this show that was once the model for all talk shows is a disgrace.

The concept and model's still good, it's the participants that aren't working.  All one needs are two amiable hosts do host chat for about 20 minutes followed by celebrity interviews, cooking segments et al.  Get some co-hosts with interesting lives (Ali Wentworth comes to mind), with a little bit of chemistry, working for a producer who has new and different ideas.  Voila!

• Love 5

A guest host fill in along with it being pre taped is all sorts of wrong. I'm just glad Kelly was able to recover from her bout with COVID to then fly to California where it’s supposedly worst there. I only say this because she loves to portray that she’s locked up in her house 24/7 but she flies all over the place but then has to fake not shaking the guests hands and such. I guess she’s in California (which was already scheduled vacation) seeing her kids or working on some project. And, then you have Ryan doing Idol that he can’t even come in on Mondays to do his primary job. It’s funny because Kelly gave Strahan grief for working a few blocks away in the same city. LOL!!!! Basically this long rant is about 2 people who don’t really care or too busy or don’t need to be doing Live. Just hire 2 new dependable people and let’s move on already. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/10/2022 at 10:55 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

She is on GMA this morning embarrassing George again so she probably will be on in place of Kellme.  They really should be the poster couple for opposites attract.

I saw Ali on Seth Myers recently and she looked very different!  Good, but different.  Odd. I really like her.  

Oh, I hear that Wendy Williams in looking for work…..

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

And, then you have Ryan doing Idol that he can’t even come in on Mondays to do his primary job.

I thought Ryan and ABC decides what his primary job is!

It’s funny because Kelly gave Strahan grief for working a few blocks away in the same city.

I thought it was because Strahan kept the negotiations with GMA a secret from KR.

Just hire 2 new dependable people and let’s move on already. 

On this we totally agree!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/16/2022 at 2:39 PM, ByaNose said:

....I guess she’s in California (which was already scheduled vacation) seeing her kids or working on some project.....

Gelman was apparently AWOL this week too. I suspect this week's pre-planned "vacation" is actually time being spent on the two Milojo Productions being rolled out this summer:

https://people.com/tv/kelly-ripa-mark-consuelos-family-reboot-exclusive/

https://deadline.com/2022/04/kelly-ripa-generation-gap-game-show-at-abc-jimmy-kimmel-mark-burnett-1234996462/

Plus, I think there was an NYU graduation ceremony to attend.

She negotiates her schedule.  Ryan is likely encouraging her to spread her wings and try different things.  She isn't going to be in front of the camera forever.  She may go for 25 Years of Live and call it a day.  I think that would beat the 24 years that Regis sat in the chair.

• Useful 1
On 5/16/2022 at 8:22 AM, sugarbaker design said:

.....All one needs are two amiable hosts do host chat for about 20 minutes followed by celebrity interviews, cooking segments et al.  Get some co-hosts with interesting lives....

Others have tried.  All have failed.  Crook and Chase.  George and Alana.  I think syndicators have given up on the gruesome twosome approach and gone all-in on "group chat".  The View thrives, but others eventually fall to the wayside (see The Real). 

And just about everyone in 2022 has a different perspective on what makes an "interesting life". 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Others have tried.  All have failed.  Crook and Chase.  George and Alana.  I think syndicators have given up on the gruesome twosome approach and gone all-in on "group chat".  The View thrives, but others eventually fall to the wayside (see The Real). 

And just about everyone in 2022 has a different perspective on what makes an "interesting life". 

For sure. And if these two are too annoying just change the channel. I do that a lot 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I loved them. We got to see their show in Myrtle Beach one time.

That’s when cable was basic and you were exited you had HBO, if you were lucky. LOL!!!! I watched them, too. In fact, I wouldn’t have known about country music without them. I think it was there I fell in love with Faith Hill pre Tim McGraw. I just Googled them and saw this blurb.

After their syndicated show was canceled, they returned to host their own show on The Nashville Network where they stayed until it was canceled in 1999 (as part of TNN's overhaul into a more male-oriented general interest channel, which eventually was renamed Spike, which is now known today as Paramount Network).

• Useful 1
On 5/20/2022 at 7:01 PM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Others have tried.  All have failed.  Crook and Chase.  George and Alana.  

Don't forget Ali & Jack!  I'm inclined to believe the format would still work with two new co-hosts, as long as you have GMA's ample viewer base coattails on which to ride, as well as the same cushy time slot.  I don't believe current viewers of Live are that enthusiastic about the show.  It's probably more of a bad habit.

• Love 1

The show airs on non-ABC stations in many markets (Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, Kansas City, Tampa, Minneapolis, Dallas, SLC, ).  The morning shows do help.  My station moved LIVE to 11AM so they could air all 4 hours of TODAY in order.  I think LIVE at 11AM mostly helps as lead-in to their local news at noon.

All of the network morning shows and LIVE are all taped delayed to western half of the country.

5 hours ago, finnzup said:

DVR'd the show to see Kellmeee's return, I think I lasted 30 seconds.....click!

I think I lasted less than 30 seconds LOL.  She is UNBEARABLE.  There is just nothing likeable about her whatsoever anymore.  And please someone get her a new stylist.  The clothes they put her in are just awful for her tiny frame.  And the patterns on the dresses, ugh.  She did dress very nicely in the early days.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NYCRunner said:

She is UNBEARABLE.  There is just nothing likeable about her whatsoever anymore.  And please someone get her a new stylist. 

Yes, yes and yes.  Re the stylist, I don't know if Faith Cromas (sp) is still styling her for the show?  For some reason I think someone else is choosing these unflattering outfits.

Also noticed she now uses her hands and arms way too much when sputtering, stammering and spitting out her stories.  It's as though if we are distracted by watching her flailing arms, we'll miss the fact SHE CAN'T COMPLETE A SENTENCE!!  lol

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, justduckey said:

“Ryan has the crotch removed from his jeans.” 

Awkward. Nobody laughed.

Imagine if the roles were reversed and Ryan had made the comment about her?  She would have loved it but I'm sure there's a segment of their viewing audience that would view it as a very sexist, degrading comment--double standard.

She's very crude and has yet to learn that some things are best left for private conversation among family/friends, not national tv.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ryan looks he’s a different person when Kelly cohosts with him !

He looks like his literally stoping himself from saying something to get her to shut up a bit ! He doesn’t look relaxed and his expression look like I feel when she goes on and on about something after  interrupting him over and over .When he’s with other cohosts he looks relaxed and actually has a conversation!

I’m still trying to figure out why she was wearing a mask in a restaurant after just getting over covid .  You usually are immune for a few months , are you ?  I don’t get how Jimmy Kimmel for covid twice in a matter of a few weeks , I have never heard of that !

Ok, it seemed weird to me that the family went to Michael’s graduation and he just takes off without saying good bye or seeing them .

Also, Lola looks totally different ! Looks like a massive weight loss, reduction surgery and bleached hair ! She’s turning into a Kelly clone !

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

To protect others?

I can understand that, but from what she said she wee afraid of getting it again because of what happened to  Jimmy Kimmel, and the ca r she was afraid of delaying her taping if she for sick . .

I thankfully have not had covid but I know people who have and have all been told they are immune for about 90 days .  I am confused es to how Kimmel was infected twice in such a short amount of time .  

• Love 3