Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I like Christian Slater too, he's the anti-Jerry O'Connell, he's understated and calm.  He's great with actors.  He interacted nicely with the guests yesterday:  Matthew Rhys and Caroline Rhea.  

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 1

I think Jerry is hyper, but Christian is as dull as dirt! He has that nasal voice, he is just blah.  Jerry would be good if he'd calm down.

At this point, the show just sucks big time.  It's back to teen age level sex jokes from stupid clips, and Kelly repeating her insipid stories since her revolving door of co-hosts brings no continuity to this mess.

I don't mind when Mark is on, and that's probably because they actually have a relationship.  Revolving co-hosts makes host chat an ass kissing and dumb clip boring mess.  The only problem is, when Mark is one Kelly has to get into sex talk, or prove how "hot" they are.

I am thinking this show is going to fade away, and I think Disney probably is not upset, since she did piss them off, and publicly made them look bad.

BTW,  Kelly tweeted about some show that she and Mark produced about Fire Island. It looks like every bad stereotype about gay men.  She also said that she and Mark fell in love with Fire Island years ago.    I am sure Fire Island is beautiful, but most of the people I know who hang out there are not straight couples.  Kelly and Mark seem to have an obsession with gay men, I wonder why.

• Love 1

I've attached a link to the Fire Island Wikipedia page.  It includes a list of 20 communities within 2 towns.  Of these 20 communities only 2 are extremely gay friendly, Fire Island Pines and (my favorite) Cherry Grove, so it seems that more straight couples go to Fire Island than gay couples (and singles).

2 hours ago, larsonb said:

Kelly and Mark seem to have an obsession with gay men

Just friendly and friends with gay men, no obsession.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I've attached a link to the Fire Island Wikipedia page.  It includes a list of 20 communities within 2 towns.  Of these 20 communities only 2 are extremely gay friendly, Fire Island Pines and (my favorite) Cherry Grove, so it seems that more straight couples go to Fire Island than gay couples (and singles).

Just friendly and friends with gay men, no obsession.

The preview for the show about Fire Island is interesting.  IMO it's kind of over the top stereotypical, and it looks like it could get raunchy.  Some gay men actually commented about the over the top, stereotypical acting characters.     I still think they have a very strong interest in gay men, and this show they produced show that.    

(edited)
10 minutes ago, larsonb said:

The preview for the show about Fire Island is interesting.

Where can I find the preview?  What channel is it airing on?

And just for the record, I've never been a fan of any reality show produced by Kelly and Mark's company Milojo.

Aha!  Found it.  It'll air on LOGO.  Doesn't look any more stereotypical than Finding Prince Charming, another LOGO show.  To be specific it's set in Fire Island Pines.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 1

I wonder how the housewife crowd who adores Kelly will feel about this show on Fire Island.  Some of them already seemed freaked out in the comments section, which is pretty funny!

I personally don't care who Mark and Kelly vacation with and spend time with, but  it's not hard to see they have many gay male couple friends.    It seems like if anyone gay comes on the show, they become buddies and are suddenly vacationing and  hanging out.    Also, didn't Mark play a gay man in a play in NYC?    Whatever the reason, it seems like they do have some obsession with gay male couples.   But, hey, whatever the reason, it works for them.

(edited)

OMG, I wanted to see some of the guests so I sat through host chat .

So , so annoying ! Christian Slater has one of the most annoying, boring voices . He also interrupts about as much as Kelly!

Kelly is her usual self . What is it with the pretend cigarette?  

It was priceless when she was acting like Gelmann was all elite because he has a home in Long Island, while she has a mutil-million dollar mansion in the Hamtptons, along with her multi-million dollar home in the city !

i can totally see why the ratings are down . The show is still pretty well produced, but host-chat, which was why many people tuned in just sucks now .

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 3

Snowydaze, I also couldn't believe she was mocking Gelman because of his house in Long Island.  Did she forget she has not only has a multi-million dollar house in the Hamptons, but also in Colorado, and a 25 million plus plus home in New York....even though she always refers it to an apartment!  I actually laugh more at her pretending that she is just like one of us than I do at any comedy show I have ever seen.  And when she said she does soul cycling only 3 times a week, I really lost it.  How many times has she said she goes on Saturdays and Sundays as well as everyday...even when she is on vacation which is often.  I would love to see the faces of the people that work there....are they laughing with her or at her.  Of course, I am sure they are fearful of the repercussions if they didn't fawn over her but I sure bet their eyes are rolling.

I also find the fake smoking inappropriate.  Smoking is a difficult addiction and she should not be acting like it is glamorous.  I am very surprised that Disney who doesn't allow any reference whatsoever to smoking permits this behavior. 

• Love 5

So, Kelly's pants were so tight she couldn't sit, eat or drink ?  More like the clasp on her pants was worn out, so she used that show how "fat", she is.  She seems to have serious body issues. I am sure size 2 is too big for her. Her pants are probably size 00.

She would always say how she went to  Soul Cycle everyday, in fact I remember her saying she took 2 classes in one day at one time !

I will never get the appeal of Christian Slater . His voice and tone are grating .  And why do women say he is hot? Does he bar some kind of following of women who had s crush on him when they were young?

I really think Kelly may have ended up messing up her own job by wanting the spotlight to herself. The show is u watchable.  The co-hosts are boring, hyper, or just there to promote a project . 

I also think that ABC/Disney is just letting Kelly have her way, and probably finish this show off for good, and they will do nothing to make sure they keep her for another job in the network.   

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Sandi33 said:

So, Kelly's pants were so tight she couldn't sit, eat or drink ?  More like the clasp on her pants was worn out, so she used  it to  show how "fat", she is.  She seems to have serious body issues. I am sure size 2 is too big for her. Her pants are probably size 00.

She would always say how she went to  Soul Cycle everyday, in fact I remember her saying she took 2 classes in one day at one time !

I will never get the appeal of Christian Slater . His voice and tone are grating .  And why do women say he is hot? Does he bar some kind of following of women who had a crush on him when they were young?

I really think Kelly may have ended up messing up her own job by wanting the spotlight to herself. The show is unwatchable.  The co-hosts are boring, hyper, or just there to promote a project . 

I also think that ABC/Disney is just letting Kelly have her way, and probably finish this show off for good, and they will do nothing to make sure they keep her for another job in the network.   

.  And why do women say he is hot? Does he bar some kind of following of women who had s crush on him when they were young?

(raises hand) Guilty  I've adored him since Heathers.  If you read any profiles on him as of late, he knows he's lucky that Mr Robot became a critical hit because his career has been all over the map in the past 15 years. 

That said, I don't know if he's "the one."  He sometimes tempers Kelly's behaviour, but other times he says something just to say something without adding to the conversation. However he does seem to know a lot of Hollywood people and since Mr Robot films in New York, it's possibly easier to say yes.  I'm not sure if Jerry is willing to move the family from L.A. yet.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:06 AM, Sandi33 said:

Double post !

2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

(raises hand) Guilty  I've adored him since Heathers.  If you read any profiles on him as of late, he knows he's lucky that Mr Robot became a critical hit because his career has been all over the map in the past 15 years. 

That said, I don't know if he's "the one."  He sometimes tempers Kelly's behaviour, but other times he says something just to say something without adding to the conversation. However he does seem to know a lot of Hollywood people and since Mr Robot films in New York, it's possibly easier to say yes.  I'm not sure if Jerry is willing to move the family from L.A. yet.

I think Jerry is hyper, but Christian's voice is like an annoying Norm McDonald character !   

The last two weeks makes me wonder if the show has narrowed their choice to Hyper vs Droll.  Each got full week co-host gigs. Next week is a jumble of cohosts, then the subsequent couple of weeks look like reruns/pretapes/compilations.  I only really care about the host chat, haven't watched the last 45 minutes for 30 years.  I think Kelly really really really likes Jerry, mostly because she can successfully manipulate him.  I think Kelly may appreciate Christian Slater since he conveys some gravitas and defers respectfully.  Christian seems much much better at host-chat banter.  I really can't believe he would be interested in this gig, but doing a full week of shows indicates he may be all-in.  I don't see the O'Connell doofus uprooting his family cross-country for this gig.

The show is renewed with the current affiliate roster through 2020, so that's just three more full seasons (folks keep posting about ABC, but in at least a quarter of the country, LIVE airs on non-ABC stations.)  At that point, we will see if the producers pull the expected low-ball tactics on Kelly.  The economics of syndication are vastly different from even a couple years ago, even more-so than when they lowballed Regis and he chose to not renew his contract.

• Love 1

They lowballed Regis who made Live a success and then they give it to Kelly who is ruining it. They had better lowball Kelly or better yet cancel the whole damn show.

• Love 6

Was home because of a snow day yesterday. 

Kelly with her usual phony entrance tells a man who works at National Geographic that the applause is for him !  

Yes, the audience all know this man from National Geographic!  He eeems like a good guy, and he was less annoying than Jerry or Christian , but the crowd is yelling because they are told to yell! 

Then came the wonderful story about Kelly looking in her children's butt holes at 1am for pin worms !  You know it's bad when the cohost who works for National Geographic, where they show animals being  eaten alive in nature, thinks that your conversation is gross !

Kelly has some funny moments, but she is still not a good host after how many years? 

Host chat is reduced to stupid clippings, toilet talk , and add talk .  

And as much as the cohorts might be nice, you can tell they are now putting anyone in that chair.

• Love 1

The show reached a new low when Kelly started her descriptive explanation of checking for pinworms.  I had to change the channel in disbelief and stuck with the 3rd hour of the Today Show.  Toilet talk is exactly right and it's beyond un-entertaining IMO.

• Love 3

I remember when Regis would show the New York Post or Daily News cover and back page headlines. They were funny and they would comment on them. Now, Kelly and whomever are given cut outs from Gelman. They don't even know what they are reading or what the source is from. Yup! She makes 20 million dollars a year. It's a great gig if you can get it. LOL!!!

• Love 5

Host chat consisted of her talking about checking her kids for pinworms?  Is this a serious comment??  Checking presently? In the past?  I'm sure her three kids are just thrilled with her.  Does she have no filter on that trap of hers?

• Love 1

Saw an article this week-end in a magazine that headlined, "Kelly Betrayed."  Apparently she's upset there has been no decision for co-host and apparently Jerry O'Connell and his wife have been in talks with the suits about hosting their OWN talk show!  Can you imagine??  Article mentioned the falling ratings since Kellmee has been going it alone.  Don't know how much truth there is in the piece but it was interesting to read that Jerry and Rebecca are being considered for their own talk show.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, finnzup said:

Saw an article this week-end in a magazine that headlined, "Kelly Betrayed."  Apparently she's upset there has been no decision for co-host and apparently Jerry O'Connell and his wife have been in talks with the suits about hosting their OWN talk show!  Can you imagine??  Article mentioned the falling ratings since Kellmee has been going it alone.  Don't know how much truth there is in the piece but it was interesting to read that Jerry and Rebecca are being considered for their own talk show.  

I actually saw a movie that Jerry and his wife were in on Hallmark. It's weird seeing a calm Jerry, and he and his wife had good chemistry.  

I read months ago that Kelly didn't want a co-host ,  she apparently wanted the show to be her's alone . Now that ratings are down , she's probably pushing to hire someone .

Anyone who has seen her pattern of being a bitch to her co-hosts when they leave, and not speaking to them after years of working with them, probably would think twice about taking a permanent job with her.

Also, Kelly's little display of passive aggressiveness toward Disney, when she behaved as if she was some coal miner or underpaid factory workers  who was mistreated,  I am sure did not go unnoticed.

You don't not  fail to show up for work, and then publicly diss your employer , and basically say they disrespected you, while you show no respect to your costar and insult him on the air.   

Kelly thinks she's "all that", and she's no more than a teeny part of a huge corporation.

When Michael was on the show, they consistently were #12 , and were "top talker". Now they are down to # 19.  They apparently are down over 20% in ratings. 

Maybe if Kelly didn't have a a history of her unprofessional behavior, and grudges things would be different.

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 5
On 3/18/2017 at 7:56 AM, finnzup said:

Host chat consisted of her talking about checking her kids for pinworms?  Is this a serious comment??  Checking presently? In the past?  I'm sure her three kids are just thrilled with her.  Does she have no filter on that trap of hers?

Yes, it did the other day!

Oh, today Kelly once again said that her teen aged kids sleep in her bed when Mark is out of town.   I kind of get Lola getting in bed and having kind of a sleep over with her mom.  I just find it odd to think of Juaquin at 13 or 14 sleeping in his mom's bed . 

• Love 2
On 3/18/2017 at 5:56 AM, finnzup said:

Yes, actually, she did!!  She was referring to past telephone calls alerting her to the issue, but she elaborated waaaay too much!!!

• Love 1

Kelly looked very NoraDesmond-like this a.m. Her makeup and hair was really bad. 

She's looking like her pony tail is wayyyyy too tight, cuz her eyes are slanted up almost to her hairline.  

Edited by Tosia
The face-saving procedures are starting to show.
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh for Gawd's sake Kelly!!!  She interrupts a perfectly good story that Scott was telling to show us pictures of her vacation that could have been taken anywhere & doesn't say where they were.  What the hell???

I know most of it was on a yacht. I'd seen her pictures on instragram. She probably didn't want it to look like she's, um, frickin RICH. LOL!!! She had a really nice picture of her and Mark. It almost looked professionally done. Who knows it might have been. Anyway, it was a great picture but she is beyond skinny. You could see her bones popping out. Anyway, it looked like she had a nice 2 week spring break. Obviously, it wasn't at the jersey shore. LOL!!!

• Love 2

Poor Kelly just flew in a few hours before the show because there were delays? They were on bacari N for two weeks . Maybe you should fly in a day earlier so you can make it without rushing to your 20 million dollar a year job.   

• Love 7

Kelly's probing question for Scott Eastwood:

"Does anyone hire caterers for food on the set? Who has the best trailer? 'Cause we always talk about that. Do you work out for an upcoming role with any sort of shpecial routine?"

Scott: "I always eat healthy and think healthy."

I googled him, because, YUMMY, and I saw in 10 seconds that he is on the cover of Men's Health. So yes, Kelly - he is just as focused on health and fitness as you are, Miss Twig. Only he seems normal.

• Love 4

Just in case anyone needed to know....Kelly said she had her eyelashes sewn in the other day and today she mentioned that she had her teeth whitened. I'm glad she is using her $20 Million plus wisely. LOL!!! I wish I had the time and money for that. I'm lucky if I can wash my hair. Ah! The good life. LOL!!!

• Love 1

"Talking with Chris Hardwick" premieres tonight on AMC.  It seems they want to cash in on his popularity he's garnered with "The Talking Dead" so there you go.  Wonder if he's still in the running for Live! of if they are really pulling the wool over all of our eyes with this faux co-host search.  Glad for him, I like him except when he's with Kelly.

14 hours ago, finnzup said:

Wonder if he's still in the running for Live! of if they are really pulling the wool over all of our eyes with this faux co-host search.

The producers of Live! have never issued a statement concerning a co-host search since Michael left the show.  There's been speculation by media outlets, but no word from the people in charge.

• Love 1
On 4/10/2017 at 9:44 AM, sugarbaker design said:

The producers of Live! have never issued a statement concerning a co-host search since Michael left the show.  There's been speculation by media outlets, but no word from the people in charge.

I'm pretty sure I've heard Kelly speak of the search during an on-air interview, how much fun she's having, no specific time frame, yada, yada, yada.  So I think the Live! franchise was certainly looking for a 2nd chair.  Don't know if anything has changed in that regard as they are almost on the one year anniversary of Michael running for the hills.

Tuned in yesterday to see what was happening and omg, heard Kelly yammering on, yet again, about her spin classes!  Really??  The guy co-host looked glazed over after her first 'yeah, yeah, yeah' and he really tried to make the best of the 'me, me, me' blabberings of Kellmee.  We get it Kelly, YOU LOVE SPIN!! 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, finnzup said:

I'm pretty sure I've heard Kelly speak of the search during an on-air interview, how much fun she's having, no specific time frame, yada, yada, yada.

Even though Kelly has a producer credit, I'm sure it's in name only, it's just a title that's included in her contract.  She's certainly not in the decision making process, as evidenced by her being kept out of the loop re MS's departure.  At this rate, it looks like we won't be getting a permanent co-host until the new season starts in September.

• Love 2

Tuned in to host chat yesterday. I like Morris Chestnut.   Kelly did her usual interrupting right when Morris was trying to finish a thought.  Then we had her babbling on and on about running and spinning.     

The funny part was how she was doing her usual putting herself down to prompt a major compliment about how hot and sexy she is,  and Morris was polite but didn't take it! LOL.  He made no comments about how hot she must be in spin class, nor did he gush over her her boy body! 

Of course we got the fake smoking again!

Another interesting thing is how she mocks Lola for being superficial and annoying, but somehow doesn't see that Lola is a teen version of her!  I think Lola seeing Kelly go on and on about botox, extensions,  fake eyelashes and teeth whitening is contributing to her personality, which Kelly seems to find annoying.    Kelly is so fake and obsessed with fake enhancements of her looks, along with her obsession for being size 00,  that it would be hard to not turn out superficial with a mom like her.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

She's certainly not in the decision making process, as evidenced by her being kept out of the loop re MS's departure.

She was kept out of the loop with Michael because at that point in time, she was not an executive producer.  To assuage her anger after Michael left, the suits gave her the title of Executive Producer and I'd bet that she is absolutely involved in decision making at present.  An 'executive' producer wields a whole lot more power than just a producer. 

Either way, really doesn't matter to me, the show still sucks whether she's involved or not in major decisions or what brand toilet paper they use in the lavs.

• Love 3

Sergio. No seat for him. Later, Kelly BITCHED about the lack of chair. Then, it went down hill from there. She was mocking production, like ol REEEEEGE used to do. Still same show.

Show sucks with or without co-host. Unless they strike gold with a magical unicorn co-host, it will play out a few more years (?) out of sheer momentum I suppose. And guests.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanius said:

Sergio. No seat for him. Later, Kelly BITCHED about the lack of chair. Then, it went down hill from there. She was mocking production, like ol REEEEEGE used to do. Still same show.

Show sucks with or without co-host. Unless they strike gold with a magical unicorn co-host, it will play out a few more years (?) out of sheer momentum I suppose. And guests.

Yes, I was also annoyed, but he seemed happy to be there, seat or no seat!!!

• Love 1

Seems like Kelly makes sure she constantly gushes over her cohost's looks so they respond by telling her how she is also great looking !  She's doing that a lot with Morris Chestnut  since h doesn't come out and instantly gush over her !

Since she didn't get the response on Monday when she said that  that men are not  watching her boney butt to get turned on during spin class, she had say something like " men are  not watching me ...", again on Tuesday . .  No one was talking about that again, but Kelly did have to bring that up. Finally, she gets the response she wanted ! Morris says "I beg to differ".... Kelly's insecure ego is satisfied!  No one can ever sit next to Kelly and not tell her how beautiful, sexy, talented .... etc.... when she does her fake modesty act !

Morris is actually a good cohost , so was Scott , but I have a feeling Kelly wants no permanent cohost, and maybe Disney would rather not have more drama by hiring someone , since Kelly has s lousy track record when cohosts don't do what she thinks they should do! 

• Love 4

More broken record...I was appalled with the Rickles tribute/montage.  The very first thing we saw was DR coming out and Kelly positions herself so as to shut out Regis, who has a decades-long friendship with him.  It's ALWAYS about KELLY.

The sound bites of DR were unimaginatively presented and were mostly dull.  Sorrynotsorry.  DR and Regis frequently cracked each other, and the audience, up.  The producer of this montage had to actually try to not use several really funny snippets.  Unless, of course, the point was to not remind us why Regis was such a great host.

• Love 8

They need to rename this show to "Live with Bragging, Pretensious, and Out of Touch Kelly ".   

We get it, Kelly is wealthy , but bragging and showing the room there looked like a full hotel, and pictures of the room, is just tacky. Oh and poor Kelly who was away for weeks in the sun didn't consider it a vacation because he kids were with her and Mark! Poor dear! She's been back about two  weeks and needed another vacation .

Then today ,  John Legizamo is trying to read one dumb,pointless, clippings that Kelly makes 20 million a year to read, since she can't do any real spontaneous conversations , and she constantly interrupts until he just puts the clipping down.

What used to be the signature part of the show- host chat, just sucks . Kathie Lee and Hoda are way better . 

Host chat now consists of Kelly gushing over her cohosts and telling them how gorgeous they are, and what a shocker - they tell her how gorgeous she is! Of course she says "no"! Even though it's obvious that she keeps putting herself down until she gets a another compliment.

It's very dull now, and I just tune in to see the guests, but self absorbed, insecure Kelly really is almost too much to tolerate, so there's a lot of ffwding.

• Love 8

Caitlyn Jenner got three segments and John Legend got pushed to another day! Ugh . I felt bad for Bruce two years ago , I just can't stand Caitlyn. Not because she's transgender, but she had to put salacious details of her marriage to Kris, and details about things Robert Kardasian, the father of his stepdaughters may have said in confidence. 

No matter what Kris is , she is still the mom of two of his children, and Robert K is still the dad of his stepdaughters, and he's not alive to defend himself .

Watching Kelly gushing over Caitlyn was nauseating.   I think Caitlyn is very selfish and had no care for how anyone else was treated when voting, but only got you when her candidate turned on the transgender community.

I wonder if Kelly and Mark will have Caitlyn guest star on their gay reality show about fire island! Or maybe she'll bee vacationing with them soon with her new boyfriend or girlfriend!

I am surprised that Kelly and Mark would produce such a tacky looking show. I thought they might do a show to promote gay awareness, not some gay reality show which looks like a raunchy, stereotypical  portrayal of gay men. I'm also surprised that they would be involved in a show like this when they have kids who will know their parents are involved in this tacky show.  I would say that about any reality show that was so raunchy and stupid looking, not just because it's about gay men.

• Love 2