Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think Jerry O'Connell is a good choice, way better than Fred Savage who seems desperate and so over the top to  have the job.   

I would almost hate to see someone nice like Jerry or Fred get this job.   

Kelly is pretty petty and nasty when she doesn't get her way or feels threatened.    She never spoke to Regis after he left, and from what a recent blind item is saying, which is obviously Kelly, she can carry a grudge.  Apparently, it seems as though there is a rumor that someone has a secret child from his past, and it might be Michael.  So,  Kelly is mocking him and sending this article around.   

I have a feeling that someday all of Kelly 's spoiled brat behavior will come back to bite her. She is not the young star anymore, she is middle aged, and doesn't have a lot of options after this show.    

• Love 5
4 hours ago, orangekit said:

...  Kelly is pretty petty and nasty when she doesn't get her way or feels threatened.    She never spoke to Regis after he left, and from what a recent blind item is saying, which is obviously Kelly, she can carry a grudge.  Apparently, it seems as though there is a rumor that someone has a secret child from his past, and it might be Michael.  So,  Kelly is mocking him and sending this article around.   ...

Michael Who?  Strahan?  Gelman?  Kelly's oldest son is named Michael, isn't he?

On 10/3/2016 at 4:08 PM, orangekit said:

I think Jerry O'Connell is a good choice, way better than Fred Savage who seems desperate and so over the top to  have the job.   

I would almost hate to see someone nice like Jerry or Fred get this job.   

Kelly is pretty petty and nasty when she doesn't get her way or feels threatened.    She never spoke to Regis after he left, and from what a recent blind item is saying, which is obviously Kelly, she can carry a grudge.  Apparently, it seems as though there is a rumor that someone has a secret child from his past, and it might be Michael.  So,  Kelly is mocking him and sending this article around.   

I have a feeling that someday all of Kelly 's spoiled brat behavior will come back to bite her. She is not the young star anymore, she is middle aged, and doesn't have a lot of options after this show.    

I read the People magazine article and saw Michael on E news . It's funny when he says he wasn't surprised by her reaction because he knows her, that said a lot.  Her behavior with him and Regis shows her true  colors, but, I agree she's no longer the young hip woman, and  after she treated Michael like she did on the air with personal insults, she showed her true colors .

I think  Fred is really pushing for the job, and he kisses up to insecure Kelly.  I just don't get the over the top love of Fred . He's not horrible, but he's not all that good either.

I think Jerry O Connell is the best choice. He's not too desperate, he's natural and goofy, but not too over the top.

Kelly continues to be so fake.  Her stories about struggling as a teen in NYC are hillarious since she moved to NYC at 19, and was hired by the soap she was on the same year !  Whenever she tries to look relatable it's cringeworthy .

• Love 7

I don't get why so many people are so into Fred Savage.  Is it because of his Wonder Years role? Whenever I read women's comments about him being so "cute" and such a great host, I don't get it.   He looks very average to me, or I'd say  below average.  Kind of Fred Flintstone resemblance.   But beyond his looks, he just seems to anxious to have the job, such a kiss up, and he's not that interesting.   I'm thinking Kelly probably would love to have him since he seems like her lap dog when he's with her since he's so desperate for the job.   

Kelly is supposedly still mocking Michael about possible affairs he had in the past?  She should just watch how much she comments on another person's marriage and how she brags about how wonderful her marriage is.   She told a story about how she thinks Mark has a fake phone, and hides his real phone from her - wow, that's precious!   I've always read rumors about how he cheats on her with women and men, but I didn't believe them, and really don't care about anyone's personal affairs.   But if you're  going to throw stones like she did on the air with Michael about his divorces, and then keep mocking him,  you might just get back what you put out in the form of public embarrassment.   Remember Kathie lee? She was always bragging about her "love machine" ,and acting like she knew the secrets to a great marriage, then Frank publicly humiliated her by doing a flight attendant on video!    Shortly after, she left Live.  So Kelly should think before she puts out that kind of nasty behavior. 

Besides the money, I'd pity any guy who has to put up with Kelly and work with her.  She's nice on the surface, but when she doesn't get her way she's a super big baby.    Her insulting Michael on the air about his divorces showed her true colors.   She's super unprofessional when she doesn't get her way.  She's had an unrealistically easy time of her career in a business that is very difficult, so that's why she feels so entitled.

I had to laugh when she said that basically everything she says in host chat is BS, and she gets annoyed when people get outraged by her comments.  Well, I get that there is a lot of exaggerations and story telling to make host chat interesting, but  she is so so fake it's obvious and that's not a great characteristic of a chat when you are supposed to be yourself.

• Love 10

I have the show on while I am on the computer.  I guess I am the only one who thinks Ashton Kutcher is annoying.  He might be "pretty" but I don't like his voice and I find him uninteresting.  I don't think he is in the running for permanent host, but, I hope this is a one time thing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I guess I am the only one who thinks Ashton Kutcher is annoying.  

You are not alone.

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

He might be "pretty" but I don't like his voice and I find him uninteresting.

Yes, but pretty fades and boring is forever!

• Love 4

Home today and got a few minutes of Live and ewwwww, lol.  Carrie Ann was co-host and while I don't dislike her, that laugh of hers and her rapid fire chat really wore on me today.  Switch to de-caf Carrie, lol.

Same old, same old with Kelly, always posing, always with the mouth open and everyone is 'incredible!!!'

Can't believe this is what Live! has morphed into.....never missed a chat or the entire show for that matter back in the day, lol.

For me, it's ok to stick a fork in it.

• Love 7

I have been erasing tge shows from my dvr....really no reason to watch,  cuz it's same old everyday.  Kelly is unable to act normal.

Kell, just close your mouth. Quit copying the cohosts's gestures or mimicking their stories, cuz you got none of your own (original, new stories, and not the tired old Vegas elopement,  Lola's teen valley girl,  your Hampton celebrity friends,  etc.......)

I don't care who the new co host is either. They obviously scraped the bottom of the barrel for Fred and Jerry cuz they don't have regular jobs, like Anderson or Grobin or NPH---the guys Kelly really wanted. Yawn.  It's too early in the morning for a nap.  

• Love 5

I rarely watch this show anymore but did tune in for part of it today. They hyped the interview with Carole Bayer Sager in host chat, so I waited for it and waited for it and waited for it and it was like a minute long, they ran out of time and said they would continue it after the show and post it on the web.  That's cuz we had to put up with Vin Diesel singing Kelly's praises, and then the idiot co-host competition.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bannana said:

I rarely watch this show anymore but did tune in for part of it today. They hyped the interview with Carole Bayer Sager in host chat, so I waited for it and waited for it and waited for it and it was like a minute long, they ran out of time and said they would continue it after the show and post it on the web.  That's cuz we had to put up with Vin Diesel singing Kelly's praises, and then the idiot co-host competition.

I know, right?  I watched her on CBS's Sunday Morning Show & wasn't impressed.  She's done a LOT to her face & despite her abundant talent, seems superficial.  Today she was asking the audience whether or not she should wear glasses!!  What??  I'll have to check out the whole show later when I "settle down" for the evening.

6 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I know, right?  I watched her on CBS's Sunday Morning Show & wasn't impressed.  She's done a LOT to her face & despite her abundant talent, seems superficial.  Today she was asking the audience whether or not she should wear glasses!!  What??  I'll have to check out the whole show later when I "settle down" for the evening.

I just went to the Live site to watch it, and if you can get through the OTT gushing of Kelly, it is actually interesting. I kind of remember her and Burt Bacharach being a big thing, so it was interesting to hear her talk about their marriage, and other stuff from that era.  I think I will probably read her book.

• Love 1

I love Matt Bomer too, don't blame her for fan curling but her acting all sexually attracted to her openly gay male friends is just weird .  I think Matt is very cute, but she does the same thing with -Anderson Cooper.   She alway will say she wants to marry her gay male friends . Maybe she feels safe doing that because obviously they are not going to leave their spouses to go with Kelly, but it's still awkward. 

I also still fo not get why she and Mark have almost no straight couples that they hang out with .  Nothing wrong with hanging with gay couples, but it's  rare that they are not just friendly with every gay celebrity, but they vacation with them . Is it possible that Kelly may not be able to handle a straight couple being too close to her and Mark?

We also have Kelly just being so super phony too .  Yes, it's not a serious show, but she's just so fake that she's beyond cringeworthy.

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 3
On October 18, 2016 at 7:46 AM, sugarbaker design said:

She was on much longer on CBS Sunday Morning, maybe you could find a link to the interview.  I did enjoy her Bob Dylan story.

Here's a link.

Thanks!  Couldn't view it for some reason (maybe cause I am in Canada).  But I appreciate you taking the trouble to link it.  I just looked her up on Wiki, she is 69!

14 hours ago, orangekit said:

I love Matt Bomer too, don't blame her for fan curling but her acting all sexually attracted to her openly gay male friends is just weird .  I think Matt is very cute, but she does the same thing with -Anderson Cooper.   She alway will say she wants to marry her gay male friends . Maybe she feels safe doing that because obviously they are not going to leave their spouses to go with Kelly, but it's still awkward. 

I also still fo not get why she and Mark have almost no straight couples that they hang out with .  Nothing wrong with hanging with gay couples, but it's  rare that they are not just friendly with every gay celebrity, but they vacation with them . Is it possible that Kelly may not be able to handle a straight couple being too close to her and Mark?

We also have Kelly just being so super phony too .  Yes, it's not a serious show, but she's just so fake that she's beyond cringeworthy.

OMG, since we have new cohosts all the time,.we have Kelly's same old dumb stories over and over !

I think besides Jerry Seinfeld and his annoying wife, it seems like Kelly and Mark seems to only have close gay male couples as friends .

there have been rumors about Mark and Jessica Seinfeld, and about him swinging both ways, so maybe when he gets tired of the "little fella" (as Kelly calls herself),  he needs he wants real guys ! 

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 2

Stereotypically, Latin males are particularly possessive of significant others.  The code of "machismo" is a very real thing. Any attention paid to other men by the SO is highly inadvisable.  

It is also true that the gays we have seen happen to be interesting and fun.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, snowydaze said:

I think besides Jerry Seinfeld and his annoying wife, it seems like Kelly and Mark seems to only have close gay male couples as friends .

there have been rumors about Mark and Jessica Seinfeld, and about him swinging both ways, so maybe when he gets tired of the "little fella" (as Kelly calls herself),  he needs he wants real guys ! 

Wow, so the only reason to have gay male couple friends is to swing both ways?!  Very 2016!

• Love 1

Kelly's over the top gushing about her guests is just so fake, especially when she says that they are all her "favorite ".  

The firlting and horny behavior toward openly gay males seems like it's awkward for them at times . 

And we all believe that Kelly ate a whole pizza and drank a whole bottle of wine because she was so stressed out watching the second debate ! 

• Love 1

Maybe it was one of those pizza bagel bites!  She could probably eat that whole thing.  As for the wine, maybe it was a tiny one serving bottle.  Ha!  That's about enough to keep her going a week or two.  She can't exercise enough to stay that skinny and eat as much as she says she does.

I think the hanging around the gay men is because of the #1 son, who is now an adult so can we mention that now?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe it was one of those pizza bagel bites!  She could probably eat that whole thing.  As for the wine, maybe it was a tiny one serving bottle.  Ha!  That's about enough to keep her going a week or two.  She can't exercise enough to stay that skinny and eat as much as she says she does.

I think the hanging around the gay men is because of the #1 son, who is now an adult so can we mention that now?

Yes, I think she has to pretend she eats so so much to appear relatable. When she really talks about her daily diet in magazine articles, it's  maybe 500 calories a day!

I personally do not care who she and Mark hang with, but I wonder how going  on couples vacations with friends has anything to do with her son .

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Of course!  It couldn't be because they're so fun to hang out with!  It must be that!

That too.  I'm the proud mother of a wonderful gay son and his husband (who teasingly calls me his monster in law but we are very tight).  I do know from first hand experience how much fun they are.  I love hanging around them and their friends.  It really is a lot of fun.  

1 hour ago, larsonb said:

I personally do not care who she and Mark hang with, but I wonder how going  on couples vacations with friends has anything to do with her son .

Great role models, but what do I know.  

• Love 2

So, now she ate an entire cheese platter because the debate stressed her so much!  Does she really think anyone believes that she eats anything with any real fat or calories? She doesn't weight 100lbs.    

The co-host search was just stupid! Why didn't they just let people vote for 5 finalists and then let all 5 host one show for a week? The challenges were just dumb, especially the dance challenge.

• Love 2

Is a new cohost ever going to be chosen or are they just going to have the changing cohost thing now?

Is Kelly waiting to see if Mark's show is a hit, and then move to LA? California, with its perpetual warmth, seems like a better fit for her. 

2 hours ago, Shermie said:

Is a new cohost ever going to be chosen or are they just going to have the changing cohost thing now?

Is Kelly waiting to see if Mark's show is a hit, and then move to LA? California, with its perpetual warmth, seems like a better fit for her. 

I think I read somewhere, maybe in another post in this forum, that the new co-host is supposed to be announced during November Sweeps.

I think the "real person" co-host was better than some of the celebrity cohosts , including Fred Savage- or should I say especially Fred Savage !  I think that of all of the guest cohosts he one of the worst . He acts desperate for the job, -and over does it.

• Love 1
On 10/22/2016 at 1:28 PM, Shermie said:

Do you really think she's going to move to LA when all of her children are going to school in New York?

Wow, in her immature, hyper sexed dialogue, Kelly managed to put the poor contest winner on the spot today. Hard to have baby number 18 when her husband just died Kelly. She is so inappropriate.

• Love 1

Isn't this drivel of finding a co-host over with?   Soooooo ridiculous.  

Kelly's face is going to crack soon from all the tightening botox.  Very plasticky looking these days. 

• Love 2
On 10/25/2016 at 0:47 PM, hudsbee said:

Wow, in her immature, hyper sexed dialogue, Kelly managed to put the poor contest winner on the spot today. Hard to have baby number 18 when her husband just died Kelly. She is so inappropriate.

Not to mention that the women was obviously way past menopause, and she said something indicating how old she was. Of course phony Kelly, mixed with sex obsessed Kelly  had to make a joke about her having another baby herself, when she has 17 grandchildren.   Stupid, tacky and not even remotely funny.

Also,   Kelly's stories about her mom are really over the top. If her mom was really as wacky as she says she was,  maybe it's best to use some of her millions to get therapy and not bring it up on national tv!

• Love 3

Do you really think she's going to move to LA when all of her children are going to school in New York?

Well, obviously if she moves to LA her kids would too. Just like any other family that moves. I didn't think that required explanation. Sure, they're happy in NY, but they could be happy in LA too. 

I really like Kelly's hair these days, I prefer it longer. 

• Love 1

I haven't watched the show in forever. I watched mainly because of Michael, and the only guest co-host that might bring me back to watching again would be Josh Groban. I cannot take Jerry O'Connell or Fred Savage. I looked to see the lineup for Monday's Halloween show, and Jerry is co-hosting. I assume that means he has the job, whether it's official or not. Is that the consensus from the board? 

On one of the entertainment shows, they were saying that  the "real person" co-host is coming back to cohost because people liked him so much.  They also said that he had a good chance at  getting the job.  Apparently Jerry O'Connell is the front runner so far.   One of the reasons TPTB are said to be considering a non-celebrity is that it wouldn't be as difficult to deal with another celebrity,  because Kelly wouldn't be as threatened.  Now that I can believe!  I wouldn't mind Jerry O'Connell, I am glad that Fred Savage doesn't seem to be the choice.

• Love 2

I watched Pitch last night for the first time. Michael is the best actor in the cast but I didn't like the show. I doubt Kelly will leave Live and move to LA for him. She won't leave that much money.

Love love love Jerry O'Connell -- he is a good combo of funny, quick, engaging, connects well with Kelly and the interviewees, un-self-conscious (as evidenced by him jumping in to briefly dance like a nut with the dancers), has a family life, not over-the-top like Fred, knows when to talk and when not to, is cute!  (all IMO, obviously)

The regular person was terrific so I'm thrilled for him but not as the full-time replacement.  He could fill in when Jerry's on vacation though -- I'd be a-ok with that.

Jeremy Irons was just awesome today -- what a prince.  Loved him.

Can't wait for the Halloween show -- it's always so impressive -- though I'm curious how they're doing it without a full-time co-host.  Too much all-Kelly in costume would not be fun.

• Love 2

The Live! Halloween show is always topnotch, touching on the popular celebs and news of the year. They do a great job with it, and I'm always impressed by the number of celebs they get to do bits for it. They must have guests doing bits for weeks in advance. I did wonder how it would work with one host, but it looks like Gelman is doing more, plus the afore-mentioned celeb guests. Looking forward to it!

• Love 1