Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

In last night's episode of NCIS: Los Angeles (recap here), Deeks said something like "Wasn't that guy on Arrow?" about a Russian mobster character named Anatoli Kirkin (played by actor Ravil Isyanov)...

And's here's video of SA's appearance on NCIS: Los Angeles (ep. 2x08) back in 2010:

(Anna Cip)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Tara Miele directed Arrow 622 (The Ties That Bind) and is scheduled to direct Arrow 720...

EXCLUSIVE: Sienna Miller and Diego Luna are set to star and Tara Miele to direct Wander Darkly, the latest film from ShivHans Pictures and 51 Entertainment, reuniting the companies that made Captain Fantastic. Wander Darkly is a magical realism love story about a couple who must navigate the aftermath of a devastating car crash.
Miele wrote the script and developed it with 51. The film shoots in Los Angeles later this summer. ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

MEET ELYSIA ROTARU OF DEAD AGAIN IN TOMBSTONE
Star Crossed Horses | March 13, 2018
https://horse-canada.com/star-crossed-horses/elysia-rotaru-dead-again-in-tombstone/

Actress Elysia Rotaru recently appeared in Dead Again in Tombstone, a Western film shot in the Calgary area. Elysia has also appeared in Supernatural, Arrow and much more.

1. Tell us about Dead Again in Tombstone; for those of us unfamiliar with the original (Dead in Tombstone), what is the general plot?
Dead Again in Tombstone focuses on Guerrero, played by the amazing Danny Trejo, who comes back from the dead to protect a relic from falling into the hands of the evil Colonel Jackson Boomer who is out to conquer and rule the world with some evil schemes. But in this sequel he gets to make peace with his long-lost daughter Alecia, played by me, and finds that like father like daughter, she helps and kick ass and save the day.
4. What are the main differences between acting in a movie and for a TV show (such as Arrow or Supernatural)?
I think there are a lot of differences, but there also both have a lot of similarities. I mean when you’re working on television you’re getting a new script every episode so you’re constantly updating and getting thrown new circumstances and new ideas. With the film it’s all pretty much locked in before you go and shoot so that’s what you’re working with. Yet there are revisions that happen in both worlds, so you have to be prepared for that.

With a TV series you may not know the arc of your character fully because it might be top-secret; with the film the script is already presented to you so you know what is going to happen to your character at the end. I think that really helps propel the performance to give you a little bit more freedom. But the pressure is definitely still on in both worlds to perform and make strong choices. With film, you only get to really live in that character for a certain amount of time versus for TV if you have the opportunity and the luxury to be a series regular or recurring guest, you have to live in that character for a very extended period of time, sometimes over a decade, as in the case of Supernatural with the two leads. That also is a little bit of a challenge I believe because you constantly have to be invested in that character for television versus in film you can let that character go, unless of course you’re doing sequels upon sequels.
7. How do you like filming in Calgary, in comparison to other places (like Vancouver)?
Well filming in Calgary at that time of year was intense. It was freezing, but then it was really hot during the day but then maybe it could snow within an hour. So it was like super ADD weather, which made things very confusing for my whole mental and physical system but the landscape and the people were so beautiful and so welcoming; I can’t wait to go back there and shoot another project. Vancouver is pretty much just rain or no rain and the people are always lovely there too.
10. Do you have an upcoming projects you’d like to share?
I have a few movies that are coming out in the next little while. I am going to be seen in the film Hard Powder starring Liam Neeson, and you can catch me alongside Josh Duhamel, in his film Buddy Games, and then I have a few cartoons that you’re going to be able to hear my voice in, one of them is Corner Gas and Nina’s World. And a short film called FWD, that I produced with my production partner Stephen Sawchuck, is in the film festival circuit as we speak so that is another endeavour that I am working on as well.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

FYI - info on Glamorous pilot:
The CW Pilot ‘Glamorous’ Casts Ben J. Pierce in Lead Role
Will Thorne   February 26, 2019
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the-cw-glamorous-casts-ben-j-pierce-lead-role-1203150287/

Ben J. Pierce has been cast in the lead role for the upcoming CW pilot “Glamorous,” Variety has learned.

He joins a cast which includes Brooke Shields and Jade Payton, with Eva Longoria in the director’s seat.

The pilot centers around Pierce’s character Marco, a gender non-conforming recent high school graduate who uses makeup and fashion to let his queer self bloom. His life changes when an unplanned rant on YouTube bashing a cosmetics company for their shoddy products lands him a dream internship at the side of its founder and CEO, Madolyn (Brooke Shields). On his own for the first time, this is Marco’s chance to live, love, and grow to understand what it really means to be queer.

A CW statement revealed Pierson Fodé has also been added to the cast as Chad, an ambitious alpha male who works at the cosmetics company his mother founded, styling himself as her heir apparent.  While openly gay, Chad is buttoned down and unsophisticated, with a personality and wardrobe that would be more at home on Wall Street than the beauty industry.

Edited by tv echo
8 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

July 5th - August 3rd. Unless she has another project lined up, plenty of time to come back for 805-810

Unless the play gets extended or be picked up to be less Off broadway.  I suppose it has a lot to do with the reviews and reception out there.  

'Chicago’: Jon Seda, Colin Donnell & Norma Kuhling Exit NBC Drama Franchise
By Nellie Andreeva   April 19, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/04/chicago-jon-seda-colin-donnell-norma-kuhling-exit-chicago-pd-chicago-med-chicago-fire-nbc-1202599095

EXCLUSIVE: After seven years on Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and Chicago Justice, Chicago P.D. star Jon Seda is exiting the popular NBC drama franchise. Also departing are Chicago Med co-stars Colin Donnell and Norma Kuhling. All three are leaving as series regulars. As is always the case with the Dick Wolf TV universe, they could return for guest appearances. All three Chicago series have been renewed for next season.

According to sources, the cast departures stem from creative reasons related to the characters’ story evolution.
Donnell has played the series regular character of Dr. Connor Rhodes, a Cardiothoracic- and Trauma Surgery Attending (he began as a Trauma Surgery Fellow) at Gaffney Chicago Medical Center on Chicago Med since the series’ launch in 2015.

Edited by tv echo

I guess it can't be too terrible then or I'd think he'd just thank them for letting him be a part of it.  (There's always something one can say without lying)  Still, his opinion on writing and acting and mine can vastly differ.  

• LOL 2
(edited)

I think this trailer has some footage we haven't seen before...

Funny Story (2019) | Trailer HD | Matthew Glave & Emily Bett Rickards | Comedy Movie
Published on May 2, 2019, by New Movie Trailers

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Has this been mentioned yet?

EBR is cast in We Need To Talk.

A social media star, who speaks with millions of fans every day, has to figure out how to talk to the people he loves.

It's in pre-production right now.  If shooting this follows her play, it could explain why she doesn't have time to do season 8 of Arrow.

• Useful 1

Or possibly something she signed on to after deciding S7 was her last. I hope it doesn't mean that she can't come back for the finale at I guess it depend on dates and how big her role is. Good to see her get projects though.

I thought Arrow started shooting again after the beginning of July holidays, which is around the time her play starts.  It runs for a month and then she's doing the indie film, unless she's doing that right now.

They'd be shooting the first two episodes while her play was on, and maybe after that she'd be doing the movie.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:03 PM, statsgirl said:

Has this been mentioned yet?

EBR is cast in We Need To Talk.

It's in pre-production right now.  If shooting this follows her play, it could explain why she doesn't have time to do season 8 of Arrow.

I'm kinda dubious that this really is a thing.

a) Anyone can update IMDB, so anything about future projects there - and even current/previous projects - has a decent chance of being dead wrong.

b) This production doesn't appear to have a legitimate production company/studio attached to it.

c) It does, however, have a director listed on two upcoming projects, one featuring EBR and the other David Arquette.

d) This director seems to have done one indy with his brother ten years ago, which was apparently self-released on DVD after failing to get a distributor; one film that was apparently originally supposed to be released by Funny or Die, but ended up getting released directly on YouTube in separate episodes (some of which are missing) which garnered under 2k views each; and some how to videos about how to shoot YouTube videos, also with under 1k views each. His website currently features television/web ads and music videos of relatively obscure performers.

I suppose it's possible that EBR and David Arquette overlooked all this and decided to break their previous habits of only booking work with established production companies and/or people they know personally, and I suppose it's also possible that they know this guy personally, but I'm a bit skeptical.

• Useful 4
(edited)

Looks like the Huntress actress Jessica De Gouw will be busy this summer...

No more secrets: British and Aussie stars sign on for new drama
By Nathanael Cooper   May 19, 2019 
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/no-more-secrets-british-and-aussie-stars-sign-on-for-new-drama-20190517-p51okx.html 

The 32-year-old Brit [Laura Carmichael, Downton Abbey] has signed on to star in 10's new screen adaptation of Michael Robotham's best-selling novel The Secrets She Keeps, which begins filming in Sydney on Monday.
Australian actress Jessica De Gouw has been cast as Meg, a woman with an expensive house, two adorable children and a handsome husband. But behind closed doors her life is far from perfect.
The Perth-born actress has been enjoying a successful career here and internationally, with credits in US TV series Dracula and Arrow, and roles in Deadline Gallipoli and Riot in Australia. But, she said she was particularly attracted to this project due to the fact that the story is female-driven.

"The women are front and centre in this. There are a lot of female creatives, there are female directors, a wonderful female cast. It is refreshing," De Gouw said.

"The domestic noir genre is really fun to play, but this is a different take on the thriller – making it in the home. The study of female psychology is so fascinating in this."
Principal production on The Secrets She Keeps will take place in Sydney and the Blue Mountains. Network 10 is yet to reveal when the series will go to air.

c2e5b3eb4f5390aba6de48b415a4810f6d627ca4 

Edited by tv echo
On 5/18/2019 at 1:12 PM, quarks said:

I'm kinda dubious that this really is a thing.

It appears to be a real thing. The director made a YouTube video talking about the movie too. 

EBCFEEF1-033F-4CBB-B830-D4268F521A53.jpeg

She probably does know that director from her extended friends group then.  

I kind of wish that EBR was more ambitious because it feels like she could have so many opportunities for her career to really take off if she was, but maybe she's making choices that will give her a happier life in the long run. Still, it's hard not to selfishly want to see her get huge in the mainstream big studio stuff so she's constantly in stuff I could see.  

She's learning her craft.  The difference in roles from Felicity on Arrow to Reborning to Funny Story really give her a chance to stretch and grow.  She still doesn't have the name power to get the really big roles so all she would get is things like Girl At The Boarding House in Brooklyn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

It appears to be a real thing. The director made a YouTube video talking about the movie too. 

It's very nice that he made a video.

I just watched it. In it, he says the film is in pre-production, indicating that he's doing - or at least saying he's doing - one or more of several things:

1) Finalizing the shooting script

2) Location scouting

3) Location permitting

4) Finalizing the budget

5) Obtaining financing

6) Setting up the official production company for legal/accounting purposes 

7) Storyboarding

8 ) Creating a shooting schedule

9) Hiring crew

10) Hiring cast.

The video, interestingly enough, doesn't mention any of this, or a shooting schedule - something the actors would presumably need to have prior to signing a contract.

What the video does have, apart from nice excited tones, assurances that the pre-production process will be filmed, and an admission that the entire thing could fall apart, an excellent cover if it does, is a lingering look at the IMDB page, presumably to show that this is a real production.

So I took a look at that page. It lists one production company, AmpiFLY. A quick Google search indicates that AmpiFLY is a cover band in Florida. I think it's fairly safe to assume that they aren't, in fact, producing this. AmpiFly also seems to be a typo for a wifi product, a typo for the word amplify in several sources, and a typo for the name of a German company.  

Outside of that IMDB listing, Google has no indication that this company exists.

No other production companies are listed for this film.

The Instagram announcement also has tags for EBR (2.5 million Instagram followers) and James Maslow (1.9 Instagram followers.) It is not outside the bounds of possibility for a few thousand of these fans - maybe even a half million of these fans to start following this guy on Instagram, and not outside the bounds of possibility that even after an announcement that, sadly, EBR and Maslow's schedules means they won't be able to film after all, a thousand or so of those fans will agree to kick five or ten bucks towards a Kickstarter.

The actors supposedly in this apparently haven't said a word about it.

Of course, this might not be a scam. But even if it isn't, many films - as much as 75% - never do make it out of pre-production. I wouldn't get excited until the cameras start rolling. And not the cameras filming the pre-production stuff, either.

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

EBR's non Arrow roles have thus far been about what she could film in the hiatus and probably doing something completely different that personally interests her and right now she's probably enjoying not having to plan around that. She probably doesn't have the name to get big studio roles but I also agree that they probably don't interest her as much as the quirkier projects and she's probably not badly off from Arrow so she does have more choices than some. I think for quite a few Arrowverse actors this is the most high profile role they'll have either t though choice or the toughness of the industry. I wouldn't be surprised if she does pop up in a regular role on TV in the next few years though along with plays and indies.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

None of the CW stars besides Blake Lively have really made it have they?

Penn Badgley seems to be doing well with You but I didn't see him for ages. 

I remember thinking Nina Dobrev and Leighton Meester were strong in their respective shows too. 

Oh, I think it's possible, even probable, that EBR will do more quirky/offbeat roles and indy films.

But I also think that when she does, her involvement in these films will either be announced on one of her own official social media accounts, or through one of the reliable trades like Variety or The Hollywood Reporter - the way she confirmed that she would be starring in this upcoming off-Broadway play, for instance. Not the way this potential project has been announced.

• Love 3
(edited)

L.A. movie openings, May 19-26: ‘Booksmart,’ ‘Aladdin’ and more
By KEVIN CRUST and MATT COOPER  MAY 19, 2019
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-lists-0519-movie-openings-booksmart-aladdin-20190519-story.html

May 24
Assimilate
Young people discover their neighbors are being replaced with exact duplicates. With Katherine McNamara, Cam Gigandet, Joel Courtney. Written by John Murlowski, Steven Palmer Peterson. Directed by Murlowski. (1:33) NR.

(Movie Trailers World wide)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

True Lies TV Show Coming to Disney+
BY MICHAEL KENNEDY – ON MAY 20, 2019  
https://screenrant.com/true-lies-tv-show-disney-plus/ 

... According to Collider, oddly named filmmaker McG is currently writing the project, and revealed that it was moving forward during a recent interview.
This Disney+ True Lies series seems to be the same project first reported on here back in 2017, which was stated to have McG directing, and James Cameron himself executive producing. Arrow's Marc Guggenheim was supposed to write the script, but if McG says he's writing it, perhaps that changed along the way. The project was originally setup with 20th Century Fox, although there hasn't been a peep about it since the initial announcement it was being developed. Since Disney now owns Fox, it makes sense they might want to take advantage of the property.

Edited by tv echo