Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I hope that is not from watching this show. If it is: STOP. Either way, show or health reasons, get better soon. Nice recap-I can't believe that this is really what is happening on screen-you're not making this up, right?

Thanks, Molly. Not show induced headaches. Weather and hormone I'm guessing.

Can't watch today's till late.

I'm just going to enjoy Peter. Given up on the writing (see Patsy's comment, ugh).

• Love 4

I'm betting Marco will somehow manage to escape once again.

If I was Phyllis I'd get me one of those little finger print tablets and say "Ohh, come to bed stud but first put your hand right here and while you're at it swab your cheek with this Q-tip.

• Love 6

Random thoughts on today's episode...

Well, at least I got one laugh: Victor, while on the phone to Paul complained about nepotism when it came to hiring Dylan. I think the phrase he used was something like "steeped in nepotism".

Imagine. Complaints about nepotism from the mouth of a man who has hired every. one. of. his. offspring. to work at his company.

Every. One.

*sigh*

I don't like where they're going with Hilary. Nothing's been revealed yet, but a cop arrived at the end of today's episode with "news" for Devon. Neil disgusts me. I don't know what the point of his BS is/was. Whatever happens to Hilary is his fault.

Also, I finally found myself wondering what it would be like if someone else was cast as Noah. I know the actor who plays him is doing his job, but I'm not buying what he's selling. 

Today's watching experience was odd and fraught with impatience on my part. Most of the time I face-palmed and asked,"What the hell am I watching?" A few seconds of footage weren't seen because of tornado warnings, but I doubt I missed anything important. 

Edited by C76
  • Love 6

Today's watching experience was odd and fraught with impatience on my part. Most of the time I face-palmed and asked,"What the hell am I watching?" A few seconds of footage weren't seen because of tornado warnings, but I doubt I missed anything important.

sounds way better than the show.

• Love 2

Peter was great. I expected that and he didn't disappoint. But the dialogue was nothing special. Marco taunted Jack about Phyllis being "delectable" and got backhanded across the face. Good filming and some split screen. But Jack restrained himself from more violence. sigh.

He went to see Victor because for some inexplicable reason Marco is not admitting Victor brought him to town.

Jack tried to pretend he was Marco to Victor. But the moment he made reference to the cop being shot and "not Abbott like we planned" Victor knew it was Jack.

So at least that makes some sense. Jack is trying to get proof Victor is behind everything. Without it Victor will claim, and he is claiming, Marco just came to town on his own (frankly, it's more plausible this Marco figure realized he looked like Jack Abbott and came to scam his family than that Victor "found" him in some random Peruvian Prison). Marco seemed to imply that Victor agreed to work with him but refused to say Victor was the mastermind (what's Marco's motivation to lie? I don't get it). 

So Jack told Victor he's going to help him give Marco what he deserves.

In the meantime Marisa stayed with tied up Marco who is trying to convince her Jack will do something brutal to him (since he hasn't called the cops yet) and she will be blamed for it. I'm not inclined to believe Marisa will buy this but she appears to be wavering (I think for dramatic effect).

It is almost making me dizzy, how much Pratt is trying to milk this story. Just give us a big blow out scene and fucking end it.

Other scenes: Noah is fretting about Marisa (because this woman can't take of herself?). Summer arrives and remembered she saw Harding that night and he saw her. She "blocked" it out because moments later she found the bookend with Aust-TEN's blood on it and so couldn't face it until now (I guess that's why she hid it under the cushion). Anyways, Noah freaked out and was going after Harding (RME). Kevin and Mariah convinced him they should talk to Dylan first. Summer had a moment of "Do you think I'm lying?" Why do they write this character like she's four? ugh. Anyways, Mariah pointed out how many times they were SURE they knew who the killer was and were WRONG. So Noah agrees to wait while Kevin goes to get Dylan. 

Victor is being interrogated by Dylan and shows great irritation. Dylan of course is figuring it all out while Harding just wants to leave Victor's office. After Dylan leaves Victor has a one-sided conversation with Paul on the phone, complaining about his barista-turned-detective son subjecting him to a "slanderous interrogation" -- which makes no sense since you can't be slandered if no one but the person interrogating you heard. But whatevs. It's the mumbler.

Summer cries she should have remembered sooner. Mariah tells her not to feel badly. Then she says, "but if I had remembered sooner..." Noah saunters over (this kid only knows how to saunter, not walk normally), and says..."Courtney might be alive." More boo hooing from Summer. Noah consoles her (that's all anyone does on this show). Then he tears out after Harding. Oh fuck make it stop show. This child is a joke with his high-pitched voice and baby face. And he's a terrible actor.

At the police station, where no one but Harding is, Noah overhears him presumably leaving a message for Marco, asking where the hell he is and why did he leave him holding the bag. Noah confronts him, says he knows he's the killer. Good plan, Noah. 

I don't have a fuck to give about Darvon and Hilary and Neil the psycho. 

Previews: Jack yells at Victor: "Pick up the phone. Make the call. I want Marco gone."

Sharon to Mariah and Summer: "You better tell me what's happening. Right now." Mariah says: "We have no clue." Summer says: "We know who the killer is."

Harding pulls a gun on Noah (they are scuffling).

• Love 12
Also, I finally found myself wondering what it would be like if someone else was cast as Noah. I know the actor who plays him is doing his job, but I'm not buying what he's selling.

He's a weak actor and he looks and acts like he's 14. I feel like I'm watching some Disney show when he's on. I was thinking as I watched Marisa and Marco and that electric scene yesterday that there is no way this Noah-Marisa epic love will last. Pratt hired Sofia Pernas and she's proven to have a ton of charisma and acting ability. She can sell a scene with PB, with EB, with whoever. He's not going to let her get wasted on this child. I'd actually rather see her with Nick than Noah.

Recasting is a problem because Noah's parents are so young. He can't look too old or too masculine and believably be their kid. This is the problem with SORASing. It's one thing to make Jack or Victor's kids grow up fast. They would have adult children. But Sharon and Nick's kids would be early 20s tops. And I would say younger because they both look (and in Nick's case, act) so young. Mariah is different because Sharon was 16 or so when she was born.

• Love 7

Wow, I was shocked that the actress playing Marissa just turned 26, and the actor playing Noah just turned 30. He looks 26 tops, and I would have guessed that she was early 30s at least. Certainly not a good thing for her as a actress down the road to look that much older than her true age. To me they don't work because she looks more suited to Jack/Marco due to her appearance. But unlike most here I don't mind the current Noah, they just need to give him someone believable to play off of. Courtney Cop was a Complete Snore.

Was I hearing things, or did it appear that PB was infusing a bit of an accent when he played Marco today? Can't say I have ever heard that before, or maybe it was more noticable since he was in a scene with Jack.

Silly me to think that the writers would let Neil be the bigger person and actually forgive Devon and Hillary. This has dragged on so long that bored to tears doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this s/l. Not to mention given Neil's track record in the marriage department he should have racked up at least another engagement since he and Hillary divorced. I just don't believe that a serial groom is that choked up about being conned by someone he knew was a con when he married her. Nope. Not for a minute.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 11

Well, at least I got one laugh: Victor, while on the phone to Paul complained about nepotism when it came to hiring Dylan. I think the phrase he used was something like "steeped in nepotism".

Imagine. Complaints about nepotism from the mouth of a man who has hired every. one. of. his. offspring. to work at his company.

Every. One.

*sigh*

Prictor can STFU complaining about nepotism. He hired dumb ass, bitch ass, snake ass Bohemian.

Peter was great. I expected that and he didn't disappoint. But the dialogue was nothing special. Marco taunted Jack about Phyllis being "delectable" and got backhanded across the face. Good filming and some split screen. But Jack restrained himself from more violence. sigh.

He went to see Victor because for some inexplicable reason Marco is not admitting Victor brought him to town.

Jack tried to pretend he was Marco to Victor. But the moment he made reference to the cop being shot and "not Abbott like we planned" Victor knew it was Jack.

So at least that makes some sense. Jack is trying to get proof Victor is behind everything. Without it Victor will claim, and he is claiming, Marco just came to town on his own (frankly, it's more plausible this Marco figure realized he looked like Jack Abbott and came to scam his family than that Victor "found" him in some random Peruvian Prison). Marco seemed to imply that Victor agreed to work with him but refused to say Victor was the mastermind (what's Marco's motivation to lie? I don't get it). 

So Jack told Victor he's going to help him give Marco what he deserves.

Why can't Jack just secretly record his conversations with Prictor? Those conversations might now be enough to get Prictor indicted but it's enough to force his family to accept what he's done.

• Love 7

Why can't Jack just secretly record his conversations with Prictor? Those conversations might now be enough to get Prictor indicted but it's enough to force his family to accept what he's done.

I know, right? This is all so stupid and simply not believable. The actual doppelgänger has turned out to be the most plausible part of this story.

• Love 9
Recasting is a problem because Noah's parents are so young. He can't look too old or too masculine and believably be their kid. This is the problem with SORASing. It's one thing to make Jack or Victor's kids grow up fast. They would have adult children. But Sharon and Nick's kids would be early 20s tops. And I would say younger because they both look (and in Nick's case, act) so young

Actually, there wouldn't be any problem if they simply just don't recast. Noah could go off to grad school or something. Victor should send him to the London School of Economics. Keep him offscreen for the duration (however long that turns out to be). I just don't buy any young man they could possibly cast as a twentysomething heart throb is going to work because they're going to have to look age appropriate against SC and JM for as long they decide to stick with the show - or TPTB decide - to keep them around. I'd like to think that a strong, charismatic young actor would generate chemistry with an age appropriate young woman, but I'm not buying it if the show is hobbled by having to get baby-faced guys (and girls) to look younger than their ageless parents. They look like teens or adolescents. LB, RA, MO, etc., all look like  bunch of prep school kids IMO. I don't buy a single one of them in a relationship (one that I'd want to watch, that is), and I certainly can't believe that any of them are old enough to be titled execs at their family's corporations. The guys look they should be working in the mailroom or in staff services, and Abby looks like she should be serving coffee (and, actually, of all the actresses they've had on this show in its history, MO is the only one who has the "look" and body type of a model). Pratt should have made MO Jabot's so-called lead model, and then had her morph (over time) into its new couture designer, replacing The (un)Amazing Chelsea, who has about as much fashion sensibility as a wharf rat.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 10

Where the fuck is ADAM???!!?  (That's hypothetical, I know he's in Paris with Gaspy.)

Jack and Victor are engaged in this epic battle, and Adam just loped off to Europe without a care?  I know they've completely de-balled this Adam, but that's still completely ridiculous.  He should be a major player in this SL.  Everything he's been through with Jack, and everything he'd like to do to Victor... there's just NO WAY he'd be letting this opportunity pass.

It's doing a big disservice to the actor as well.  I know he and MCE are RL friends, but they have zero chemistry.  He's really shone in scenes with PB, EB, SC, ED, hell, even The Herb.  So why are they so desperate to keep him orbiting around Gaspy?  Connor, sure, but Gaspy?  I can't believe he cares this much.

• Love 13

Was I hearing things, or did it appear that PB was infusing a bit of an accent when he played Marco today? Can't say I have ever heard that before, or maybe it was more noticable since he was in a scene with Jack.

He did. I think PB does this with Marisa because Marco is dropping the act with her. Guess same with scenes with real Jack?

What I found odd is Marisa lost her accent in those scenes. Lol

• Love 2

That video Neil showed Hilary is the most un-incriminating video ever, all it shows is that he has no idea what is going on, he's barely conscious and the girl locks the door. Neil's acting like it's a sex tape.

I hope Hilary doesn't fall for it and lets Neil get his happy way with his plots.

• Love 8

That video Neil showed Hilary is the most un-incriminating video ever, all it shows is that he has no idea what is going on, he's barely conscious and the girl locks the door. Neil's acting like it's a sex tape.

I hope Hilary doesn't fall for it and lets Neil get his happy way with his plots.

Well the video was of a piece with the styrofoam rocks and potted palms of the Isle of Costa Not Mucha. Made me remember fondly the volcano of doom--at least with that one, they had enough sense to mostly shoot it darkened down.

That was one muddled scene; I get that it was the set-up to Hilary's exit--perhaps people from Wisconsin ought to stay out of the Caribbean. But, c'mon.

OTOH, whoever's writing Ashley's dialogue is good--I watch her and PB basically, and lift an eyelid when Kevin and Mariah are on. I light candles for the resuscitation of Ghost Dad, too.

• Love 7

He's a weak actor and he looks and acts like he's 14. I feel like I'm watching some Disney show when he's on. I was thinking as I watched Marisa and Marco and that electric scene yesterday that there is no way this Noah-Marisa epic love will last. Pratt hired Sofia Pernas and she's proven to have a ton of charisma and acting ability. She can sell a scene with PB, with EB, with whoever. He's not going to let her get wasted on this child. I'd actually rather see her with Nick than Noah.

Recasting is a problem because Noah's parents are so young. He can't look too old or too masculine and believably be their kid. This is the problem with SORASing. It's one thing to make Jack or Victor's kids grow up fast. They would have adult children. But Sharon and Nick's kids would be early 20s tops. And I would say younger because they both look (and in Nick's case, act) so young. Mariah is different because Sharon was 16 or so when she was born.

You've said a lot as far as casting and SORASing conundrums are concerned. For Noah to be more credible in my eyes, he needs to be played by someone who is a little bit more mature--a word I'm going to talk about in a different way shortly. I know that given the age of his parents he can't be played by someone who is too old, but like you, when I see the show's current Noah, I think "boy" and not "young man".

Wow, I was shocked that the actress playing Marissa just turned 26, and the actor playing Noah just turned 30. He looks 26 tops, and I would have guessed that she was early 30s at least. Certainly not a good thing for her as a actress down the road to look that much older than her true age. To me they don't work because she looks more suited to Jack/Marco due to her appearance. But unlike most here I don't mind the current Noah, they just need to give him someone believable to play off of. Courtney Cop was a Complete Snore.

Silly me to think that the writers would let Neil be the bigger person and actually forgive Devon and Hillary. This has dragged on so long that bored to tears doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this s/l. Not to mention given Neil's track record in the marriage department he should have racked up at least another engagement since he and Hillary divorced. I just don't believe that a serial groom is that choked up about being conned by someone he knew was a con when he married her. Nope. Not for a minute.

1. I know it'll sound weird, and a lot of people will disagree with me. However, I don't think Marisa looks older than Noah so much as she looks more mature than him. To elaborate on what I mean, I'll use another illustration.

When Destiny's Child first burst on the scene, I kept reading that they were teenagers. Yet thanks to their costumes and makeup, if I had to guess, I would have assumed the girls in the group were in their 20s. Mind you, in spite of this, I didn't necessarily think that they looked old. IMO, they've had the same faces for quite a while.

I anticipate the same thing with SP. If she takes care of herself, I think she could look the way she currently does for a long time. 

2. You weren't hearing things. I've noticed that when PB plays Marco he uses a slight accent.

3. I see what you're saying about Neil and Hevon. A part of me was awfully annoyed today: The show left me concerned that Neil had set circumstances up to ensure that his son would be charged with murder. (At this point you may say, "C76, what are you talking about?" but the way  things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised. TPTB think they can get away with anything.)

Edited by C76
  • Love 4

Yep PB is now speaking with an accent when he portrays Marco.  I am not a fan of it but maybe it helps him stick to character especially for the split scenes possibly? Not sure what is is about Noah that bugs but it does.  I don't like his style of speaking, his English seems chopped like he has an accent or something so his words don't flow.  His bio says born in Utah.  Maybe that is what makes him seem boyish and unsure to me.  

I am now thinking the same thing that Devon is being set up for murder.  Payback is a bitch! 

• Love 5

So today's show. In the order I care about things:

Marisa and Marco. He's telling her she needs to help him. These folk don't care about her. Victor will never let her stay with Noah. He's fairly convincing on the "we are not like these people" part. She eventually acts convinced and starts to untie him but then she spits at him and says "Jack will kill you, slowly and painfully and I"ll enjoy every minute."

Meantime Victor and Jack talking. Jack tells Victor where he's got Marco stashed because this show must insist Jack is an idiot and can keep nothing to himself. Victor of course claims innocence with pretty much everything. He is a ruthless business man but he doesn't KILL. "Right" says Jack. "You get other people to do your dirty work. Like Kelly." It wasn't Victor's fault crazy Kelly did things to Jack. RME. Jack says get someone to do this now. "Make a call. I want Marco dead." Phyllis is listening to all this. And she heads over to the cabin. Which is a five minute walk from EVERYWHERE in GC.

Victor tells Jack there are other ways to deal with Marco. Send him back to Peruvian Prison for example. Jack says, no way, he could come back. They argue. Jack walks out again demanding Victor make a call and take care of it.

Phyllis walks in and Marco pretends he's Jack. But she doesn't buy it. Phyllis gets a butcher knife and duct tape from the kitchen, gags him. She tells him he's used to manipulating people, taking advantage. "I want you to feel what it's like to be on the other end." um. this should be happening to Victor IMO. "What should we do with him?" Phyllis asks Marisa. Marisa spells out how he played her for years and then how he treated Phyllis. How he "took away her power and choice. And if I were her, I would do the same to you." 

Phyllis says, "yeah, I like it. An eye for an eye..but in this case, eyeing his boy parts. Marisa does same and smirks. Marco looks down and then looks horrified." That was funny. How did they not laugh their asses off?

Phyllis holds the knife on his neck. Tells him he violated her on her wedding night, he used her husband's real life injuries to explain the changes, uses their love like a knife to her throat for months. But she won't let him take anything from her again. Jack hears the last part at the door. He walks in as Phyllis drops the knife. Jack picks it up and says "It won't stop me" as he lifts the knife to plunge into Marco. Marisa yells at him to stop. Jack: "I've waited a long time to do this. You will never hurt another woman again." Phyllis chimes in "Don't sacrifice your life. It's not worth it." He says no one has to know. It's just the three of us." Phyllis says, "You have a full conscience already. You are a better man than him. Put the knife down. Please." He lowers the knife. Victor walks in and says "You did the right thing, Jack."

Harding tells Noah to calm down. He was protecting Courtney. He will find her killer. Even with one arm, he was never threatened by boy wonder. 

At CL, Dylan and Kevin talking about Noah messing things up. They leave. Sharon arrives and says "where was he going?" Mariah pretends not to know. Summer tells her about Harding. Sharon freaking out about Dylan. Oh noes he's not safe. Sorry but this is lame. I don't buy this couple and and I don't care what happens to him. She tries to call Dylan. Stop wasting Sharon on this block of wood.

Dylan and Kevin arrive and Noah admits he told them he knows he's the killer. Kevin looks at security cameras (apparently all GC is on security cameras at GCPD?). They see Harding on the GCAC rooftop. Super DYLAN is going there ALONE!!!

Chris and Paul are having dinner at....the GCAC! lol. Blathering on about Dylan. Harding comes in whining about Newman kids bothering him.

Sharon Mariah and Summer go to the GCAC and everyone is watching the security video.

On it, Dylan confronts Harding who pulls a gun on him. Paul arrives and yells drop it! Conversation ensues. Harding says "Drop it or your son dies." Shades of Ricky, I guess. Dylan and Harding scuffle a shot is heard and we see the horrified reactions of the gang at the GCAC. Sharon is freaking out more than when Cassie died. ugh. here it comes....the miscarriage. (Hope I'm wrong.) 

Obviously super Dylan isn't shot or seriously wounded. This is so stupid. JFP and her goddamn hard on for this useless actor. 

Hilary is missing. Devon is looking for her, goes to the hike, doesn't find her (I watched this in FF, lol). Cop thinks she may have fallen. Someone heard her arguing with a man. Now they think that man is Devon. blah blah blah. He's sad.

Previews: Abby to Stitch: Since I am safe. I don't need a bodyguard anymore.

Marco saying to Victor: Those people are dead because your plan had to be protected at ALL costs.

Victor: Don't lay the blame at my feet.

Jack: That's where it belongs.

Yep PB is now speaking with an accent when he portrays Marco.  I am not a fan of it but maybe it helps him stick to character especially for the split scenes possibly?

I don't love it either. I appreciate it when he does it with Marisa because they SHOULD be speaking Spanish to one another and the accent indicates this in a manner. The ideal way to to do it IMO is to begin speaking Spanish and then transition to English. Somehow I don't think PB could have learned Spanish lines in addition to his 54 pages per episode though. lol. 

• Love 9

i was under the impression that peter was fluent in spanish but his character jack is not as per mrs martinez.

He said in an interview -- or maybe FB chat -- that he doesn't speak a word of Spanish. He learned the lines he did speak in Spanish phonetically.

His accent didn't bug me. He kept it low key. Spanish accents can be tough. Actually any "foreign" accent can be tough because they often sound just this side of camp -- and that's even if you nail it perfectly. 

They should have made his doppelgänger English (as in British English). That accent sounds fine (not campy or potentially offensive). It's a bit much to expect an actor to pull off what they dumped on Peter. I mean, seriously, making this guy Hispanic? Usually soaps give doppelgängers a Southern U.S. type accent that most Americans have no trouble with and allows the actor to create distinct speaking styles. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 7

Sorry but this is lame. I don't buy this couple and and I don't care what happens to him. She tries to call Dylan. Stop wasting Sharon on this block of wood.

Mere words cannot express how much I loathe this actor.  He is ruining Show for me. I remember occasionally checking GH and thinking "oh that actor sucks, I'm glad I don't watch this show".  Ha ha, the joke's on me.  *sobs quietly in corner*

• Love 12

Mere words cannot express how much I loathe this actor.  He is ruining Show for me. I remember occasionally checking GH and thinking "oh that actor sucks, I'm glad I don't watch this show".  Ha ha, the joke's on me.  *sobs quietly in corner*

So agree!  They are shoving him down our throats and we are gagging and throwing up!  Pass the gravol and send him away permanently! 

• Love 8

Summer appears to have gotten the same brain transplant that Faith did. Faith did a 180 on Sage, and based on the episode Summer is all concerned and worried about Sharon. Acting like all the hate she had been showing is long gone. Sharon at the end when the shot went off even went into Summer's arms first.

• Love 6

They should have made his doppelgänger English (as in British English). That accent sounds fine (not campy or potentially offensive). It's a bit much to expect an actor to pull off what they dumped on Peter. I mean, seriously, making this guy Hispanic? Usually soaps give doppelgängers a Southern U.S. type accent that most Americans have no trouble with and allows the actor to create distinct speaking styles.

Yes. It would have been (very slightly) more credible if Pratt had made Marco (Marc?) a Brit, or even an expat American, who had lived in Cartagena or Bogata (instead of fucking Peru forgodssakes!). He could have been an ex alphabet soup agency guy, who had gotten involved in a cartel that engaged in trading weapons for drugs, and arming insurgents in the middle east or something like that. More controversial? Yeah, but also more topical and certainly what's going on. Crap, writers! If you're going to push the envelope with storytelling, at least go for something that give the actor a little something to work with. You just don't put a Nordic-looking guy in the role of a Peruvian, who also happens to have an Italian surname.

I'll say that there have been times (a few of them occurring this week on the show, in which PB has been really, really good. Very dark and menacing, and that's what Pratt should have been going for throughout all this shit. He was all ice cold stone killer. And then the writing makes that persona crumble. In some scenes, he made EB look like a carnival chump. I could buy into this version of the bad persona picking up a gun and opening a third eye in someone. (I'm really going to show my age here, or maybe how often I watch Turner classic movies, but PB has been really reminding me of the 1940s Fred MacMurray of Double Indemnity or The Caine Mutiny, go watch DI at least, to see what I mean).  But then the writing just immediately devolves and it's back to pure camp. Why did Pratt tap dance around parody instead of really going for broke with the storyline? Oh, maybe it has to do with the fact that it could have been written in a way that actually showcased how strong PB could be as an actor compared to EB, and of course, that just couldn't be allowed, could it?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9

Summer appears to have gotten the same brain transplant that Faith did. Faith did a 180 on Sage, and based on the episode Summer is all concerned and worried about Sharon. Acting like all the hate she had been showing is long gone. Sharon at the end when the shot went off even went into Summer's arms first.

Yeah what's up with that? We never saw the make up between Sharon and Summer and as far as I know it was not alluded to have even happened off screen! The last we saw Summer was still treating her like she was so much crap on the heel of her shoe and bad mouthing her to Noah and Mariah. Pratt needs to reign his writers in and establish some continuity of what is happening on the show with them. At least with the "longest night"  when Shylan's pregnancy was announced we did get some dialogue that things had happened off screen so it was a little more easier to follow along. But this "BFF Sharon/Summer" crap and the  "Faith does a 180 on Sagebrush" is head spinning ala Linda Blair!

• Love 5

Okay, I wondered about Summer and Sharon as well. I thought, well, maybe it's because Sharon's being dressed kind of like a normal person on an ordinary day in a plaid shirt, and this change of events might have discombobulated Summer.

I also wondered about yesterday's CDN and female characters' dialogue--almost everyone we saw, Sharon, Phyllis, Marissa, and so on, was speaking with some authority and not doing the Prattented leaning-woman routine. Me, I found it a refreshing change--almost as much fun as Phyllis taking a Santoku blade to Marco's jewels, and Marissa shit-talking him. How nice.

In general, it was a significantly better episode than Wednesday's CDN--no styrofoam rocks on Puerto Backyarda, negligible Devon, and...oh, I forget...

• Love 5

On today's Canadian, Sharon turns to Mariah first so WTF ever with continuity.

Shit did happen today and by that I mean real shit. Harding is dead, Sharon loses her baby but doesn't tell Dylan,Phyllis talks Jack out of calling the authorities on Victor who has the nerve to threaten Marisa and Marco is sent back to Peru by Victor who smirks.

Bright points? A couple. Kevin doesn't think this is over and Mariah calls Sharon Mom.

• Love 7

WAAAAAAAH, sharon loses her baby.

i am so fricking angry right now i can barely type this out..

DIAF CHUCK..

Valley I am right there with you girl! I don't understand why everything is taken away from Sharon and given to others to prop them up. A 20 year vet and she loses a baby but a newbie of less than a year can have her baby with a core family member? UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!

• Love 6

WAAAAAAAH, sharon loses her baby.

i am so fricking angry right now i can barely type this out..

DIAF CHUCK..

I take comfort in the fact that Sharon won't get splinters "down there" as they say in the commercials.  Also, fuck you Pratt, I hope that giant boil you call a head gets inflamed and explodes all over Farren Phuckup!

• Love 6

Harding is...dead? I lay this death at Victor's feet as well. I wish the parasitic hellworm possessing Victor's mortal coil would slither back home and leave the leathery Newman cocoon in the woods for the animals to feast on.

I came back for the PB, but I can't watch this Sharon garbage. They'd have to put a third PB character on the canvas to even tempt me.

Now to figure out how to cloak some potent venom in reasonable politeness as I dash off a missive to CBS. "Good sirs, would you be so kind as to heartily consume a barrel of equine scrotums please" sounds classy, right?

• Love 13

They should have made his doppelgänger English (as in British English). That accent sounds fine (not campy or potentially offensive). It's a bit much to expect an actor to pull off what they dumped on Peter. I mean, seriously, making this guy Hispanic? Usually soaps give doppelgängers a Southern U.S. type accent that most Americans have no trouble with and allows the actor to create distinct speaking styles. 

I know I'm being nitpicky here, but I think what you've said depends on which British accent a person has. There's at least one I can think of that tends to get depicted negatively in TV and film.

I'll leave that point alone, though. The obnoxious nerd in me needs to be silenced. Furthermore, I reckon I know the type of British accent(s) you're referring to.  ;) My question is, would PB have been able to pull it off?

As for today's show, I came home in time to see the end. After that, I watched my recording from the very beginning while I had supper. I have since decided to huddle up with my laptop while I try to avoid falling into a food coma. Altogether I may have missed 5-10 minutes of the program's last half.

I'm sorry that Harding is dead. Meanwhile, after all of the upset I had over Jack/Marco/Victor, I'm not quite as angry as I thought I'd be. I'm kind of concerned. (Is this one of Pratt's tricks--distraction?!?) I wonder when Marco will show up again. During the holidays, to ruin everyone's turkey dinner? 

There's one thing I'm sure of, though. Jack and Phyllis are going to regret falling for Victor's BS and keeping silent about Marco. Ultimately, as usual, I can't stand Newman's attitude.  I want him to pay for something. Just once, before I die!

This business with Sharon almost has me feeling sorry for Dylan. Will he ever be able to have children with his significant other, without something going wrong?

Edited by C76
  • Love 5

No point in recapping today's since the main points have been covered. I don't really care that Sharon had a miscarriage. It was a plot point pregnancy with that stupid ass wood man. What pisses me off is this is all going to be about Dylan. Pratt has no interest in the character of Sharon. SC's popularity is just being used to give relevance to JFP's boy. As I predicted when they paired her with him.

I'm not overly angry about the Victor/Marco/Jack stuff either. I've come to expect it. Kevin is still digging. Can you guys believe I still have hope Victor will get some comeuppance?  #ineedhelp

• Love 10

I came back to partially watch yesterday and today's shows, am glad I did, because now I can write the show off forever.  It's like they know the audience is outraged that Pricktor smugly walks free once again.  And so they give us a little satisfaction in having Jack and Phyllis confront him, threaten him with the cops, and then, nope, they let him go to protect Jack.  How stupid.  I would  have been happier if the whole thing had been reported to the police but there just was no way it could be proven so Pricktor walks free, but everyone knows what he did and spits in front of him every time he sidles into a room.

And I just cannot watch this Sharon storyline.  Dylan is so not worth it.  So she is going to hide the miscarriage because he proposed to her?  So pathetic.  

And Harding was wasted, as was Joe.  What is there to actually watch?

I will continue to read this board though, I love it!  Let me know when earless Jack returns.

• Love 7

Worry not, gentle people, for Dylan will be fruitful and multiply. He doesn't even need a woman; he just needs to find the right forest in which to drop his acorns or pine cones or whatever the hell falls from his branches.

Thankfully, Steve Burton will artfully bring Dylan's profound manpain to vivid life, as he does with every emotion. From the furrowed brow that accompanies a man as he snaps open the newspaper and his buttcheeks feel the chill of the toilet seat to the jaw-clenching, teeth-gritting strain of a man in mid-dump, Burton's face will express the nuance of Dylan's feelings with aplomb.

Why should this be about Sharon? After all, was she not merely the vessel for Dylan's hopes and dreams? Is she not simply the messenger for Charles Pratt's compassionate message about mental illness? A character with a long and varied history on this show is meaningless when compared to Dylan McAvoy, patron saint of lattes and justice. He is the sun around which the planets of the GC orbit. Particularly Uranus.

• Love 14
I would  have been happier if the whole thing had been reported to the police but there just was no way it could be proven so Pricktor walks free, but everyone knows what he did and spits in front of him every time he sidles into a room.

I would have bet many valuable things this is how it would go down. Despite getting Colleen's heart, Victor was yelled at by Jack and Billy over the Patty fiasco. And he even showed some remorse. For a moment. And the Newmans were shown to feel badly about it all. You know Colleen dying and Victor getting to live. That was something.

Yet after ALL WE WITNESSED for the past six months and four dead people we get only a smirk.

I'm still counting on Kevin. Judge me if you will. 

I know it won't mean much. Victor has accepted no responsibility. He's said its not his fault crazy Kelly tortured Jack. And seriously? We'll never find out what happened to Kelly?

Actually I know how this will play out. Jack will come up with some stupid hare-brained plan of revenge that will blow up in his face. He will be mocked, ridiculed and ostracized by his family. And Phyllis will side with Victor (she did say today "she may one day forgive Victor").

Sharon and Jack take turns being pummelled, literally and figuratively, for daring to hurt Newmans. So sounds about right. 

• Love 14

So glad I stopped watching. Just reading about the show is making me angry, so watching would have been unbearable. I will continue to read this board because it's better written and more entertaining than the show has been in a long, long time. I'll watch again if Victor is ever exposed to his family and the rest of GC for the criminal and reprehensible asshat he is. Otherwise, this show and I are on a permanent hiatus. I especially don't want to see what they're going do to Sharon. I'm done watching Sharon be shit on.

• Love 12

No judgement here! I love me some Kevin. He's one of the few characters on this show allowed to have a brain. He and Mariah just need to get the hell away from the other Scoobies before they catch a bad case of the stupids.

Thanks, Canadian friends. I now know to delete Monday's ep without watching. Jury's out on whether I take it off record permanently. I've already taken to watching B&B first and generally falling asleep during Y&R.

• Love 13

And I just cannot watch this Sharon storyline.  Dylan is so not worth it.  So she is going to hide the miscarriage because he proposed to her?  So pathetic.

This has been so obvious that she would lose the baby and then lie about it. That is who Sharon is deep down. A dishonest liar. I am glad she is not having another baby she cannot take care of... the question I have is what will she do about it? Watch out Sage.

I'm done watching Sharon be shit on.

LOL that is the only reason I am still watching

• Love 1

The only thing that's kept me from exploding is the thought that there may be a payoff in the future. I believe that eventually Marco will return. Hopefully by then, Jack will have regrown his cojones, and have the sense to talk to the police. I don't see any reason for him to listen to Victor and keep quiet, except for the fact that from a story standpoint it seems that TPTB are trying to build something that will unfold later on.

Yet after ALL WE WITNESSED for the past six months and four dead people we get only a smirk.

I know it won't mean much. Victor has accepted no responsibility. He's said its not his fault crazy Kelly tortured Jack. And seriously? We'll never find out what happened to Kelly?

Like you and photo fox, I believe Kevin's one of the few people left in this operation who has any brains. He should be able to put things together--preferably sooner than later. Plus, he's not under Victor's thumb. Hence, he has nothing to lose by poking around.

Regarding Kelly, I suppose I'm one of the mean ones on this board. They've suggested that Jack killed her. Quite honestly, I don't care if he did. I don't know what sort of trouble Jack would face IRL regarding the boat explosion. (Manslaughter? I have absolutely no clue. Jack didn't intend to kill anyone--only escape.) But Kelly? I could see someone easily crafting a case based on self defence.

Edited by C76
  • Love 8

I'm cool with Kevin continuing to investigate, and I can't imagine he'd find Victor all that intimidating after years of exposure to Terrible Tom. I shall cling to Kevin as if he's a piece of buoyant flotsam after a shipwreck. But I sure as hell won't be watching until I read reliable spoilers that Victor is going down and/or a mentally ill woman is no longer used as the show's punching bag.

• Love 9

I hear you Slowpokey. I soo was hoping she'd tell him on yesterday's show. SC when she's grieving/crying KILLS me. And instead of being comforted she'll turn into a no meds conniving villainess so Dylan can play hero. And victim.

Like you and photo fox, I believe Kevin's one of the few people left in this operation who has any brains. He should be able to put things together--preferably sooner than later. Plus, he's not under Victor's thumb. Hence, he has nothing to lose by poking around.

Regarding Kelly, I suppose I'm one of the mean ones on this board. They've suggested that Jack killed her. Quite honestly, I don't care if he did. I don't know what sort of trouble Jack would face IRL regarding the boat explosion. (Manslaughter? I have absolutely no clue. Jack didn't intend to kill anyone--only escape.) But Kelly? I could see someone easily crafting a case based on self defence.

I re-watched some of the show yesterday (what I could tolerate) and Dylan said to Paul: "Harding is dead. But this is far from over." And since we know he is all-knowing and speaks only #TRUTH this is a good sign.

Also someone tweeting at EB yesterday moaned that Victor is getting away with what he did to Jack. EB replied "keep watching." He also rambled on about everyone gets away with shit in GC and blah blah BS but that came after the "keep watching".

Amazing how much EB *is* Victor. 

I shall cling to Kevin as if he's a piece of buoyant flotsam after a shipwreck.

Exactly!

I think Pratt was determined to make this an umbrella story. Now Kevin/Mariah and Dylan/Paul will figure in.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9