Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Too late.

I was just looking at Joe the other day, thinking,"All that potential gone to waste." Mind you, they could pull a Michael and redeem him. Who knows?

And speaking of potential, others have mentioned vintage Sharon. Like you, I miss her. Can't they cure her and just write her the way they used to be? It's not like what we've seen the past year or so can be used as a PSA for mental illness.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Well the news all over the message boards today is that Sharon is pregnant! WOW!!! Did anyone see that one coming???? (insert eye roll here)

Supposedly it's a cover story on the next issue of SOD.

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 4

I saw that rumor/spumor/spoiler too slowpokey and I am ok with it.

What I am NOT ok with tho is the possibility that the herb will lose her sprout and try and steal Sharon and Dylan's baby.

hopefully, should the herb lose hers, she will die afterwards too.

OH, and I hope Sharon and Dylan have a boy baby.

Dylan mcavoy jr. 

• Love 4

I saw that rumor/spumor/spoiler too slowpokey and I am ok with it.

What I am NOT ok with tho is the possibility that the herb will lose her sprout and try and steal Sharon and Dylan's baby.

hopefully, should the herb lose hers, she will die afterwards too.

OH, and I hope Sharon and Dylan have a boy baby.

Dylan mcavoy jr. 

I am hoping that happens too!!!

• Love 1
They are nose to nose in this convo, and it is intense, and I have to admit even EB is doing a good job these days.

I agree. EB seems more alive in his scenes, especially with Marco. Those two can bring it. 

Ugh. No one on this show needs another damn baby.

ICAM. I so am not here for some bullshit switcheroo story. And I'm terrified Sharon will be the bad one because her meds will get screwed up with pregnancy. I can just see it. Sage the victim. AAAAAAAAAAARGH. 

• Love 8

Same here. If wishes were horses, the fecking writers would realize they are dealing with a REAL disease and not turn it into another opportunity to bash "crazy" people.

Is it bad to want both Farco and Jack to be on the show? Or for the writers to give PB some decent material? He's being brills!

• Love 6

The show opens with Prick at the GCAC and he is hugging Dummer, and Noah is there, shaking Dick’s hand, they are there to celebrate Father’s Day; Abby shows up too.  Farko and Phyllis show up and she sees Prick and suggests they go elsewhere.  Farko says he is not afraid of Prick.  She wants to know if Farko seriously thinks Prick is trying to kill him and Farko says, he is capable of anything.  She mentions the building collapse and says if he wanted Farko dead, that would have been the time to do it. Farko:   If that situation happened today, there would have been a different outcome.  Phyllis doesn’t believe Prick would kill him in cold blood, but Farko says she underestimates how much the company means to him, and she says:  if he killed you, he would lose everything.  Farko says: not if he got away with it.

Abby says to Prick that Vic told her what is going on between them, and he urges her to stay out of it.  Prick:  The feud is between that man over there and me, and Farko is glaring at him. 

Marissa does come back to Jack and she has a cell phone and medication.  Jack wants to call his family but she wants the call to count as it may be the only one they get.  He wants her to call and tell them he is alive.

Paul and Chris are at the Squad Room.  Paul tells Chris that his 40 year old son took him out for Father’s Day, but he seemed like he didn’t want her to know in case it upset her.  Hah!  They talk about all the Father’s Days they won’t have with their baby, and right on cue, Drinki shows up to apologize to Chris.  Yikes.  BTW, Drinki looks like hell, she should start swigging the vodka again.  Paul leaves Drinki with Chris.  Gnome shows up and has something urgent to talk to Paul about.

Over at Chelz’ penthouse, she is showing Gabe a picture that Connor drew of Billy for Father’s Day and she says it is her fault Connor doesn’t have a dad. They blah blah blah about Adam killed Delia, and how will she tell Connor, and Gabe goes on and on about how Adam would change it if he could, and once again, Chelz wonders why he is acting so weird and defending Adam—CAUSE HE IS ADAM, YOU IDIOT.  Meanwhile, Billy is with Johnny and Vic for Father’s Day and they talk about Delia.   But that quickly switches to Vic trying to get Billy to tell her what Farko is planning.  Then she says that she is going to see Prick for Father’s Day, but Billy wants her to stay with them.  Billy says that he is shocked that Gabe is Farko’s son, and wonders why Farko kept it a secret.  Especially since Farko knew that Gabe trashed his relationship with Chelz.  Vic said he put his own needs first, and she suggests he think about that before he lets Farko drag him down this destructive road.

The Newmans sit down to brunch, and they learn from Dick that Faith is not coming cause this is her time with Sharon.  In spite of Prick’s casting aspersions, Dick says nice things about Sharon.  The topic switches to Sage, and he reveals that she is moving in with him, but won’t be joining them. Abby then announces the news that Gabe is Farko’s son, and Noah wonders if Sage knew about that, and Dick says: No way, Jose.  But he looks worried.  Dick says he talked to Drinki and she is doing great, and Prick agrees begrudgingly.  Dick says that he knows that Prick is not happy that she is staying at the club.  But Dick invited her to the brunch anyways, and Prick says he loves Drinki so it is okay with him.  Dick leaves to go find her in her room.  Throughout the brunch, Farko and Prick are obviously exchanging knowing looks and glares, and Farko keeps checking his watch.  Abby asks if anyone has heard from Kevin and if there is news about the search for the killer.  Prick tells them to stay out of it and let the police handle it.  He is worried for their safety.

Phyllis says if Farko is so worried about Prick trying to kill him, maybe he should drop the coup.  Farko says he is not worried about Prick, he is full of bluster and nothing more.  Phyllis points out that it is usually an innocent bystander who gets hurt in their wars (as evidence, see Colleen, Patty, Dummer, Billy, Ashley, Victoria, Reed, etc).  She wants details but Farko won’t tell her anything so she can have plausible deniability.  They are waiting for Gnome to join them.  Farko is worried that Gnome will be upset to find out that Gabe is his brother. 

Drinki tells Christine she shouldn’t have tried to force Neil to go to an AA meeting and she shouldn’t have lied about what had happened.  She is truly sorry.  Christine actually looked better today.  She says she has to get over her grief and rage.  She forgives Drinki.  Later Chris says to Paul they won’t ever be friends, and Paul agrees.  She asks him about what Gnome had to say.  Then we see Paul on a call, he hangs up, and Chris asks him if what Gnome had told him was true.

Dick comes down the stairs at the GCAC and finds Drinki returning and tells her he looks great.   She does look slightly better at the Club, must be the lighting.  He invites her to join them; she is not keen, but she does.  She greets the kids, and looks at Prick and he gives her a bit of an eyeroll.  Vic shows up and is happy to see Drinki but says she maybe would get more support at home with Prick.  Seriously, Victoria?  You were pretty much dead to me already, but this is it.  Prick says he respects Drinki’s wishes.  They then all say they support her decision and will do anything to support Drinki but then Vic says they all know it is only temporary.  Argh.

Dummer pops by her mom’s and Farko’s table and tells them that Prick said they should leave the investigation to the police, and Farko agrees.  She wants to know about Gabe being Farko’s son, and whether Gnome knows.  Phyllis wants Dummer to help them in breaking the news to Gnome.  Dummer says she will, but that Farko has to step in the way he did when she found out he wasn’t her dad, and Farko asks if he said something specific that helped!  Hah!  Gnome arrives and wants to talk to Farko, but Dummer intercepts him.  She tells him, and Gnome is pissed, and says, after everything I have done for him.  Farko shows up and says it’s too bad he had to hear like this, but Gnome is pissed and knows that Farko just wants to know what happened in the Caribbean.  Farko admits that he wants to know how it went.  Gnome angrily says he did as instructed with the money, and next time he can get Gabe to do his dirty work.  Farko says that Gabe is not his son, not really, he doesn’t know him.  He only trusts Gnome.  He gets a call and says it is Jabot, he has to take it, and he answers: Jack Abbott, hello, is anyone there?  Marissa says: Marco is that you, and Jack behind her looks stunned.  She says:  Marco are you there?  Farko says to Gnome he has to take the call, and Gnome snarkily wishes him a happy Father’s day.  Farko says:  Marissa, eres tu?  And Marissa says:  Si, soy acqui. Farko:  You were on a ship that exploded, no one survived, and she said it was not the first time she cheated death.  He asks her if Jack is with her and she says no, he was on the ship, but he didn't make it.  Farko asks her if she is sure he is dead, and she says yes.  She is calling to notify his family, but now she can see that would not be in Farko’s best interests, and he concurs.  He tells her he loved her, he loves her, he never wanted to leave her behind.  He tells her to come to Genoa City, that he has a wonderful set-up there. She says she wants that but she needs money, and he says he will wire her money by the end of the day. He writes down the information, and the phone dies, and Phyllis shows up and asks him what that was about.

More blah blah Chelz and Gabe and whether he would have lied to her if he had the chance to do it again.  He says he would tell her the truth from the beginning but of course we don’t which truth he means.  Billy shows up.  Gabe wonders whether Billy would like to welcome him into the family.  He says, fat chance.  Gabe tells Billy there is no point for him to be there on Father's day.  Gabe says that Connor is Adam's son.  But Billy see's the picture that Connor made for him.  Chelz comes down with Connor.  Billy is playing with Connor and acts like he is his daddy. Gab looks tormented and says to Chelz that Connor deserves a father that puts him first.  He then leaves. 

Prick’s family tell him his presents are at the house.  Yeah, right.  He says that they all are his gift and he wants to give them a gift.  He wants them to take a family vacation, including all the little grandchildren.  He has rented a villa in Hawaii for everyone and they have to leave tonight.  He even included Sage.  Drinki sees right through this and asks what is really going on.  Quite frankly, I would take the villa and let him do whatever crazy shit he wants to do.  I bet it is a beautiful 10-room villa right on the ocean.  Sigh.

Jack realizes what has been going on, that his family doesn’t think he is dead, that Marco answered the phone when Jack tried to call Kyle.  He is frantic and wants to get to GC ASAP.  Marissa says they have to wait until the money arrives.  She tells him to be patient.  Jack:  Patient?  Your criminal mastermind boyfriend is pretending to be me, who knows what he is going to do if they find out he is Marco Annicelli…I have to get back to protect the people I love.  Phyllis wants to know what is up with Farko, and he says he has something urgent to deal with.  He wants her to deal with Gnome until he takes care of the matter.

Farko breezes by to wish the Newmans a Happy Father’s Day, and tells Prick he hopes he gets everything he deserves.  Paul shows up to arrest Prick for felony embezzlement.  Farko looks a little too smug.

Previews:  Dummer to Paul:  Prick was set up.  Kyle goes out of town and as soon as he comes back, my Grandpa was arrested.  Vic is also there.  Phyllis to Ash:  So Farko arranged all this, he was behind it, even though he denied it?  Jack to Marissa:  We’ve got to get out of her now, and they turn to go, and a big bad dude with a gun walks into their room.

• Love 14

Awesome re-cap, again bannana!  I think Show is finally giving you something you can really sink your literary teeth into!  I must say, I'm intrigued.  And hell yes, I'd take the Hawaiian villa.  Let Prick have his machinations, if I were Drinki, I'd keep my mouth shut, the vodka flowing and just enjoy the ride!

• Love 9

Marisa is a clever one!! So Marco is going to finance Jack's return? Nice.

Someone kill Summer. Idiot is there to protect her grandpa, please. And look at gnomie. Jealous he doesn't have Daddy all to himself. God these two losers need to die.

• Love 11

Pearlite, I must admit I'm enjoying all this drama. I haven't watched today's CDN yet. But lately it's non-stop action reaction and I don't mind it one bit. Plus I didn't see the Jack/Marisa stuff playing out like this. I was wondering how they'd get cash to get home and how they'd find out about Marco etc. That was smooth.

• Love 6
(edited)

Pearlite, I must admit I'm enjoying all this drama. I haven't watched today's CDN yet. But lately it's non-stop action reaction and I don't mind it one bit. Plus I didn't see the Jack/Marisa stuff playing out like this. I was wondering how they'd get cash to get home and how they'd find out about Marco etc. That was smooth.

Miamama, I'm there with you. I do actually watch it all with more interest than I have at several points in the last year. The action  and corporate intrigue stuff are workable, and the mix-ups between the two core families are real Y & R. I may get picky, but I am engrossed by and large...mind you, Coronation Street is also pretty good at the mo.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 7

Awesome re-cap, again bannana!  I think Show is finally giving you something you can really sink your literary teeth into!  I must say, I'm intrigued.  And hell yes, I'd take the Hawaiian villa.  Let Prick have his machinations, if I were Drinki, I'd keep my mouth shut, the vodka flowing and just enjoy the ride!

I have to admit I got very excited to post the recap when the Marisa/Farko/Jack stuff happened!  As for the Villa, yeah, wealth is wasted on these idiots.  It reminds of that long ago time when con artist Chelsea turned down Prick's $10 million offer to leave town.

Marisa is a clever one!! So Marco is going to finance Jack's return? Nice.

Someone kill Summer. Idiot is there to protect her grandpa, please. And look at gnomie. Jealous he doesn't have Daddy all to himself. God these two losers need to die.

Whenever I watch Gnome, I think how Frankenkyle would never have played it like the wussy little whiner Gnome does.  And certainly not Blake Hood!  Although Gnome is certainly a better match for Dummer.

• Love 7
Although Gnome is certainly a better match for Dummer.

These two have sibling chemistry. A pair of pastie-faced, way too preemie twins that just can't quite figure out the world. Summer can't speak without sounding like a judgmental asshole. She was so irritating with Marco and Phyllis. And why the fuck would Phyllis think it's a good idea to have Summer tell Kyle about Gabe? She wouldn't. It's the Show Must Insert Hunter King Into Every Storyline edict at play.

I have to admit I got very excited to post the recap when the Marisa/Farko/Jack stuff happened!

PB was great on the phone with Marisa. Can't wait to see their scenes when she gets to GC. He's so good in how differently he plays Jack or Marco relating to the same woman. It's not fair to compare the two but I couldn't help but notice what a piss poor actor JM was by comparison today. He's just playing same ol' Nick but gawd he sucks. When he said "If Sage knew Gabe's real identity she would have told me" and then put on the FACE OF DOUBT: Furrow brow, tilt head, and look down at an angle. ugh.

I wonder if the giant thug at the door of Jack and Marisa's motel room or whatever it is in the preview is a Victor hire. Didn't Victor call his "people" to look for survivors? Namely Jaggabbott? All the big showdowns will have to go down during July sweeps. So Jack can't home too too quickly. I'm thinking late next week.

And, um, when are we supposed to start rooting for Victor? I'm so fucking pissed Summer rats out Kyle to Paul to help gwampa. And I still am on Marco's side in this war, even if he is the dead-weight murderer. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Well the news all over the message boards today is that Sharon is pregnant! WOW!!! Did anyone see that one coming???? (insert eye roll here)

Supposedly it's a cover story on the next issue of SOD.

I figured this a while back as soon as Sage got preggers and they rushed Shylan. (And I'm not even watching - Thanks Recaps)

It gives Prattle a chance to make Sharon go off her meds - It sets up a baby swap one way or another - Sharon will get blamed regardless.

Next goofball prediction: Victor will get framed for killing Fack or Jack. He'll get the Soap opera special express death sentence (Thanks to all his bad behavior) and - of course - Jack will find out. Somehow Adam will be exposed during... and there will be a race as the needle goes in. Unless Victor is a dopple this is the only way I can see that he could be redeemed. He won't fight the charge because his family turns on him (Temporarily) or they are being threatened.

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 6

Paul and Chris are at the Squad Room.

I knew Cockroach would make an appearance but I didn't think it would be this fast. I wasn't prepared.

They talk about all the Father’s Days they won’t have with their baby,

Who cares.

Vic said he put his own needs first, and she suggests he think about that before he lets Farko drag him down this destructive road.

STFU you poisonous snake.

Vic shows up and is happy to see Drinki but says she maybe would get more support at home with Prick.  Seriously, Victoria?  You were pretty much dead to me already, but this is it.  Prick says he respects Drinki’s wishes.  They then all say they support her decision and will do anything to support Drinki but then Vic says they all know it is only temporary.

STFU you bitch. You're a terrible daughter.

Billy is playing with Connor and acts like he is his daddy. Gab looks tormented and says to Chelz that Connor deserves a father that puts him first.  He then leaves.

Does Adam think he's putting Connor first by pretending to be dead?

Paul shows up to arrest Prick for felony embezzlement.

LMAO.

I'm genuinely surprised that Jack and Marissa were able to come up with a clever plan like that.

• Love 4
Does Adam think he's putting Connor first by pretending to be dead?

LMAO.

I try never to allow the dry-as-a-popcorn-fart voice of logic to intrude on my consciousness while in the throes of Show. But.

As Gabadam maunders on and on in the presence of the Divine Chelsea--in his monologues of temptation and seduction, hint, hint, hint, who am I?--I sometimes wake up enough to realize what a general asshole and airhead his character is being written as. His Billy-slagging and Monologue of the True, True Self-Love that Might Leave Room for You and only You, Chelsea plumbed the depths of soapy crazitude. Is someone finding this erotic? Or tempting? Me, I just want him to shut up.

• Love 7
(edited)

Summer's so blinded by Victor, she acts like he's a Saint. She looks like such a moron defending him to a man that her St.Grandfather put in her mother's bed and the man he brought to town who killed her husband and Noah's fiancee.

I'm all for Marco killing Summer next.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 9

Oh my god Summer was more hateful than it is possible for a human being to be in today's Canadian. That fucking little asshole raving like a lunatic to protect her gwampa from big bad Jack and the Abbotts (remember, she doesn't know it's not Jack). Is this where Victor is supposed to be a victim? Because he's all "Victoria, you must ensure that my security team has a bodyguard for each of the family members." Oh and he said "I don't give a damn about the Abbotts." Seriously? This is what Pratt was talking about? Victor has to protect his obnoxious family from Marco, and we the audience will be rooting for him? Marco may be a killer but he is infinitely more likeable than these fucking blowhard ass wipes and their hateful patriarch Victor. Jack was abducted and tortured for months (and is still not home) and Phyllis is being banged regularly by a criminal. But poor Victor and the Newmans??????? I"m even feeling sorry for Kyle! 

Victor is being charged with embezzlement and sitting comfortably in the Chief of Police's office. This is the great injustice -- Summer called it "torture" I kid you not -- that "Jack" is subjecting him to. And we are supposed to feel sorry for him????? How can we not be Team Abbott, even when Marco is at their helm? It was almost unwatchable listening to this poor Victor shit.  (Oh Victor gets bail.) Summer was even ranting about how "Jack has done terrible things to Victor too!" aaaargh. I knew they'd go there. Fuck.

The best part was Jack and Marisa -- they were hilarious. Jack pretended to be Marco and the two of them got the gun from the big thug. Again, it was clever. Marco figured out Marisa was lying and sent someone to kill Jack and keep Marisa somewhere.

But Summer and Victoria and Victor's pathetic threats to kill Marco (seriously?) if he hurts his FAMILY. ugh. 

Phyllis seems to be figuring it out. But at this point she's only concluding (with Ashley's help) that Jack's a liar (from the sex in the closet with Kelly onwards) rather than it's not Jack. 

Anyways, here it comes. The Victor as victim angle. Brace yourselves. I don't know if I'll be able to handle it after months of watching Jack tortured.

• Love 10

Lots of Farko and Jack today!  And things were moving right along!!!

We open with Dummer haranguing Gnome, her mother and Farko for setting up Prick.  Dummer to Gnome:  You lived with him, he treated you like a son, and you watched him be hauled off like some sort of criminal?  Hah!  Perhaps Dummer missed the part of the story where Prick manipulated Gnome after the death of his mother as another part of his inane war against Jack.  Farko tells Dummer that Prick was not set up and Gnome was not responsible.  Dummer is upset that Farko has been setting up Prick all along.  She says Prick owns up to his manipulations and doesn’t pretend to be someone he is not.  Hah, again!  It is really odd how through this entire episode they are making Dummer the big defender of Prick and attacker of Farko. It seems somewhat out of character for this ditzy character.

Jack is realizing the enormity of the situation with Marco taking his place, and cannot imagine that no one has noticed it is not him, how does he snow an entire town? Marissa points out that she was duped by Jack.  She says Marco is in that magical town of your and if he wants people to believe he is you, they will believe it.  Jack suddenly realizes that Marco is screwing Phyllis, and he yells:  that sonuvabitch, NOOOO!!!  Jack calls Marco a thug—hey where have we heard that before?  Marissa says he is not a thug, but then suddenly says, you are right, he’s a sonuvabeetch.

Billy is at the Lab telling Ash that Prick is in jail.  Ash is pissed that Billy didn’t follow her orders to stop the transfer of money that implicated Prick.  Billy points out that he has free will, and doesn’t have to do what she tells him, especially if it is a mistake.  Ash thinks it was not a mistake to stop the transfer. She says that Billy allowed their nephew to transfer the money and that implicates Prick.  Billy says that was Jack’s call.  And she challenges him about his free will!  Billy defends what they did.  Ash says he wanted payback against Prick.  And hey Ash, what is wrong with that?  But Billy says it was self-preservation not payback.  Ash says Prick will not let this go.  Ash says he will get out of jail, there will be an investigation.  Billy tells her they knew all that, and she should relax and let this all play out.  He says that Prick would have done this to them.  Ash says, exactly, and that’s why we’re Abbotts and he’s Newman.  She says their father would be disgusted by them.  Ash is angry with Farko, and says he is leaving them out of the loop.  She is worried about Gabe and doesn’t think that they can rely on his loyalty cause he is suddenly an Abbott.  Billy admits he cannot stand Gabe.  Billy says it will all be okay, and Ash says it better be, because if Prick gets off he will do whatever he wants to the Abbotts and Jabot.

Chief Paul is interrogating Prick and is concluding that Prick wouldn’t do something like this, because he knows him so well.  He wants to know, did he get sloppy, didn’t care?  Victoria shows up and yells at Paul and tells him that her father is innocent.  Vic then talks to Prick and questions him as to why he isn’t fighting the charges and going after Farko.  He tells her he will handle everything, she should say nothing and butt out.  Prick tells her he is just concerned with his arraignment and bail.  Vic says the Abbotts set him up, they drained their accounts and they want to take control.  He says he doesn’t care about the Abbotts.

Dummer is still lashing out at Farko at the GCAC, and Farko denies everything, and then tells Phyllis she needs to convince Dummer.  Phyll looks uneasy. 

Farko, Billy, Gnome and Ash are having a huge disagreement about how they set Prick up IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GCAC BAR!  Sheesh.  Ash wants to know why Farko sees Prick as such a threat as to go to these lengths.  Farko says he was soft on Prick cause he saved his life, but he was wrong.  Billy commiserates and says he also thought Gabe must be an okay guy cause he saved him from a burning building, but then he had sex with his fiancée.  Jack is telling them they need to stick to the plan. They are openly talking about the money and cover-up and blah blah stupid idiots who should not be in white collar crime talk.  Ash doesn’t trust Farko one bit, but Billy is happy to be bringing Prick down.  Ash says Prick is innocent, and Billy reminds her how he had Victoria arrested on her wedding day for a white collar crime she didn’t commit.  Go, Billy!  Ash says Farko asks them to trust him, but he has not been open or honest all the way along.  She says that there is more to this, and Farko looks a little worried and frustrated.

Dummer and Phyllis are in the park on the same bench where Cane and Lauren made out.  They are wearing clashing dresses which is distracting.  Phyllis says she has no illusions about Farko, they have both lied to each other in the past.  Dummer cannot believe that Prick would commit this crime, she thinks he is being framed.  Dummer is very upset that Phyllis is standing by Farko and letting him set up Prick.  Dummer thinks that Phyllis is giving Farko a pass for horrible things, when Prick has not done anything wrong.  There is a reason we call her Dummer.  Dummer does say one thing that is true, that Farko has been lying to Phyllis for months.  She says Farko made Gnome do this.  Phyllis tells Dummer to go home, and she will talk to Farko and find out what is really going. Phyllis starts to flash back to all the inconsistencies:  Farko having a drink, Farko letting Prick run Newbot, Farko saying he trusts Prick, Farko’s playboy attitude and sexing her up, Farko speaking Spanish, Gabe being his son.  She is upset and rushes off.

Prick is telling Vic that she needs to butt out and let him handle things, and he will not tell her any details. He is on it.  He wants a security guard assigned to each member of his family. She is freaking out as she realizes they are in physical danger.  He says this has nothing to do with Jack Abbott.  Vic:  Then who are we talking about?  She is worried about his safety in jail.  Paulie walks in with Prick’s attorney.  Dummer shows up and wants to be interviewed by Paul.  She says that Prick was set up—Gnome went out of town and as soon as he returned, Prick was arrested.  She tells Paulie to investigate Gnome.  Nice!  Vic tells Dummer to butt out that Prick is handling things.  She says that Jack is not an issue, and Dummer wants to know if someone else framed Prick.  Prick comes out in handcuffs and Dummer rushes to embrace him.  He is talking to Vic about the security guards, and Dummer says, what Farko and Gnome did is bad, but it is not dangerous, and Prick ignores her.

Farko cannot believe Ash is not on his team anymore and she says he has been a team of one for some time and stomps off.  Billy goes after her.  Farko tells Gnome they need to tie up any loose ends.  Gnome says there are none.  The money is in the account and it obviously led back to Prick.  Once the police are done with the investigation they are going to have to release the funds back to us, and Dad, we are going to put that money where it belongs.  Farko tells Gnome he did a great job.  Billy returns with Ash, and they are still arguing.  He tells her to enjoy their good fortune, but she is not having it.  He tells Farko it is his turn to talk her down.  She says she cannot be manipulated that easily.  Farko says he wants to talk to them, but he needs to go—he doesn’t tell them, but he received a text from an unknown person that Victor made bail.  He rushes out, and Ash says that is more evidence that he is not telling them the truth, and not acting like himself.  Billy says maybe Farko is just sick of Prick always coming out on top.  Gnome says that Farko is different, he is not acting like himself, it’s weird.  Phyllis shows and says she needs to talk Farko, that Dummer is upset.  A policewoman shows up and tells Gnome that he is wanted for questioning.

Marissa returns to the motel room and tells Jack that there was no money, but he is skeptical.  She is angry that Jack doesn’t trust her, why would she have returned if she took the money.  Jack apologizes and says he is worried about his family.  Then he realizes that Marco knows where Marissa is and probably knows that she lied about Jack being dead.  He says they need to get out of there, and they go to leave and a very big guy with a gun shows up.  Jack tries to pretend that he is Marco, not Jack, and he threatens the guy, but that isn’t working.  He knows that Jack is a candy ass rich guy with Marco’s face.  He says Marco sent him there.  Marissa pushes Jack aside and tries to charm big guy, and Jack takes the opportunity to hit him on the head with a blunt object.  Big guy barely goes down, but Marissa now has the gun pointed on him.  They tie him up.  Jack tells him that he is going to talk to Marco on his phone.  Bad guy says he won’t do it.  What are you going to do, shoot me?  Jack says, no, he is just a candy-ass, but she will, meaning Marissa.

Prick shows up at the Lab, where Farko is seated at Vic’s desk with his feet up on the desk.  Prick says:  Don’t get up, and Farko says he wasn’t going to.  Prick says his trip to the Squad Room was uneventful and he didn’t mention Farko to Paul.  He just wanted to get out of there so he could speak to Farko.  Prick:  You come anywhere near my family and I will kill you.  Farko says Prick is being very noble standing up for his family.  Prick says don’t try me if you want to stay alive.  Farko says he does, life is good to him, but no so much for Prick.  Prick says the trumped up charges will be thrown out.  However, his family means everything to him. Farko says the only people in danger are those who know the truth:  the two of them.  Farko says he doesn’t care at all about Prick’s family.  Prick:  Listen to me, amigo. Marco, mi amigo. I got you out of a Peruvian prison, out of a hell-hole.  You watch your step.  Last warning I’ll give you, and he walks out. Farko gets a call from big bad guy who tells him Jack is dead and he knows where to take the girl.  Farko says, I’ll be in touch, nice job, my friend.  And Jack says to BBG, very nice job, and now you are going to get us off this island.

Gnome is at the Squad Room looking scared shitless.  He sees Dummer and realizes she betrayed him.  Billy shows up and Vic snarks at him and tells him that it is too late to gloat, Prick has been released.  Billy says that was fast, unlike the night she spent in jail on their wedding night.  She says, please don’t pretend you did this for my sake.  Billy says he's not pretending anything.  She questions his conscience and he says she should check in on Prick’s conscience.  She says:  Happy Father’s Day Billy.  Phyllis and Ash now start to compare notes about Farko.  Ash tells Phyllis that Farko did screw Kelly in the storage closet at UG, and that he admitted it to her.  Phyllis realizes that her entire marriage has been a lie.  She doesn't seem to realize that Farko is not Jack.

Previews:  Lauren to Michael: I want you to know… Michael: that you are having an affair with Cane?  Lauren:  What did you just say?  Sharon to Dick:  I am starting my own family now, and he says, are you pregnant?  And LILY AND JOE ARE IN A HOTEL ROOM KISSING!

• Love 11

Summer's so blinded by Victor, she acts like he's a Saint. She looks like such a moron defending him to a man that her St.Grandfather put in her mother's bed and the man he brought to town who killed her husband and Noah's fiancee.

I'm all for Marco killing Summer next.

So am I! Dummer is exhausting to watch and listen to. Gwampa would never do such a thing? She says she knows all the stories but obviously only the whitewashed version. Hell even the cleaned up version is pretty damning. Then she attacks Vyle and throws him under the bus to the cops. JFP needs to take her pet and go home. Clean up in aisle 6!

• Love 6
(edited)

Not to defend Summer, but what the fuck is this? Summer and Victor have had like 10 scenes together in the last year and Victor has never been shown to have as close of a relationship with his grandkids as he does with his children. Why is Summer all of a sudden his big defender when that's normally Bohemian's job? And shame on whoever wrote Summer's dialog. She may not be the brightest but there's no way she can be THAT oblivious to all of the illegal and immoral things he's done. Did they just get some random person off the street who had never seen the show to write the dialog?

For once Paulie made a valid point. Victor has been getting away with all kinds of shit for years but now all of a sudden he gets so sloppy that he's going to be brought down by an embezzlement charge? And over a chump change $10 million? Old Ass Billy is an idiot. He's so eager to take Victor down that he doesn't stop to think that the embezzlement plan is very stupid and easily traced back to them and that he and Kyle will be the only ones going down if they get caught.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5
(edited)

So am I! Dummer is exhausting to watch and listen to. Gwampa would never do such a thing? She says she knows all the stories but obviously only the whitewashed version. Hell even the cleaned up version is pretty damning. Then she attacks Vyle and throws him under the bus to the cops. JFP needs to take her pet and go home. Clean up in aisle 6!

Yes, and is this sourpuss-faced little toad supposed to be directing our attitudes toward characters?

Traditionally, I guess, ingenues were constructed to do that...HOWEVER...

"Wait a minute, Mr Prattman," [sorry, I had to channel Martha and the Vandellas there, and I know several of you remember that one] I just read an open letter to you:

Attn: Mr Pratt

While I recognize that are undoubtedly party to a contract of some duration involving Hunter Hailey Somethingorother, I would like to draw to your attention to viewership issues regarding this actress and her role, as follow:

1. Viewers will rarely empathize with, or connect to a character who is egregiously stupid. This is a soap opera, Mr Pratt, and character-rootability is all. Perhaps you were unaware of that, but I digress. Summer increasingly makes statements that defy the logic or history of Y & R storylines, and In Monday's US show, she exceeds even her quota. If she is perhaps, shall we put it daintily, a bit damaged in the head area, then might you not capitalize on this, reveal her as such, and enlist viewer sympathy with this unappetising piece of work? Just a thought.
  2. Romeo and Juliet storylines, while staples of most genres, would seem to need very sympathetic young leads. You have perhaps miscalculated here. Ms Somethingorother and Mr Gnomie, as representatives of Genoa City's ruling families, are, in a word, duds. Ms S is incapable of even the most basic of humanoid ingratiation-gestures--the smile, and Mr G can't get the appearance of responding emotively out of first gear. No one cares about these young lovers, and many would prefer to sacrifice them to Victor C Moloch. Just saying.
  3. I know I shouldn't have to tell you this, but in building a soap character, it's essential to enmesh them with major family-groupings. Ms S offends every member of every core family simply by being in a scene with them. To wit, in her park bench scene with Phyllis, she could not even create the illusion of connecting with the estimable Ms Tognoni, who was working overtime to sell the scene. Ms S simply flares her nostrils, curls up her upper lip, and once again substitutes her impression of someone smelling shit for acting. Just an observation.

I do hope that these few notes will help you to gain a fresh perspective on a character on whose shoulders you have placed too heavy a burden. Let her pursue that career in independent film by all means.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 13

after all that snotting, sniveling and her sinuses draining dummer must be dehydrated.

maybe she should go see nick at the underground and one of the bartenders can make her one of faith's special smoothies ;) to help her feel better..pssst, don't forget the "secret" ingredient..

Pearlite, did you write that magnificent letter to chuckles?

More importantly, did you send it via email to him then copy and paste it to an email to cbs/sony and then fill out the cbs feedback form?

if not, please do.

• Love 8

She may not be the brightest but there's no way she can be THAT oblivious to all of the illegal and immoral things he's done.

Can. Is. For years, scientists had assumed that we reached peak stupid with Nick Newman, and who could blame them? How does one transcend the astonishing heights of primitive idiocy reached by that spermicide-resistant fartwelder? The research community was ill-prepared for the breakthrough in stupidology that Summer Newman would represent. The old dimwit paradigm was shattered, new metrics for marking negative cognition had to be devised, and new technology for recording such minute brainwaves spurred a manufacturing boom the likes of which Genoa City would never see again. New and profound questions are being asked. How can a woman dumber than a carrot be so hateful and self-centered? How long can Faith amuse herself by putting a ball bearing in one of Summer's ears and watching it roll out the other?

Well, show, I'm still not rooting for Victor, but you did make me feel a twinge of sympathy for Gnomie, so bravo to you.

• Love 12

Not to defend Summer, but what the fuck is this? Summer and Victor have had like 10 scenes together in the last year and Victor has never been shown to have as close of a relationship with his grandkids as he does with his children. Why is Summer all of a sudden his big defender when that's normally Bohemian's job? And shame on whoever wrote Summer's dialog. She may not be the brightest but there's no way she can be THAT oblivious to all of the illegal and immoral things he's done. Did they just get some random person off the street who had never seen the show to write the dialog?

For once Paulie made a valid point. Victor has been getting away with all kinds of shit for years but now all of a sudden he gets so sloppy that he's going to be brought down by an embezzlement charge? And over a chump change $10 million? Old Ass Billy is an idiot. He's so eager to take Victor down that he doesn't stop to think that the embezzlement plan is very stupid and easily traced back to them and that he and Kyle will be the only ones going down if they get caught.

Surely someone must have told her she got brain damage and had to take two years off of school and was in a medical facility in Switzerland.  And that Prick's mentally ill stooge Patty caused that brain damage.

Her conversation with Phyllis was bizarre, she was nasty and antagonistic, rather than a concerned daughter.  Her Prick love suddenly knows no bounds.

It's bad enough they are pursuing this stupid embezzlement plan and enabling Farko while doing it.  Ash is totally opposed for many reasons, some good, some not so good (he's my daughters father!). Gnome seems unhappy as well.  Only Billy is on board.  But then they blab about it loudly at the GCAC!  I have a feeling a flock of Abbotts loudly chirping would draw some attention from passers-by, bartenders, and media.

I would love it if I thought it would actually take Prick down, in that vein I am on board with Billy.  But we know it won't and it will be Gnome, Billy and Ash who pay.  I don't think they can even use Farko be a phony as a defense in this case.

• Love 3

For once Paulie made a valid point. Victor has been getting away with all kinds of shit for years but now all of a sudden he gets so sloppy that he's going to be brought down by an embezzlement charge? And over a chump change $10 million?

Worked with Al Capone!

• Love 4
(edited)

Worked with Al Capone!

Exactly!! This is a tried and true method of nailing vile criminals. Get them on the small money stuff. Who cares why he goes to jail? He deserves to go. And Paul finds Victor sloppy. Right. This is the man who egged your mentally ill sister on to terrorize Jack and unleashed her on everyone and pretty much destroyed her. He's really clever and careful with his plans. Gah.

I know I shouldn't have to tell you this, but in building a soap character, it's essential to enmesh them with major family-groupings. Ms S offends every member of every core family simply by being in a scene with them. To wit, in her park bench scene with Phyllis, she could not even create the illusion of connecting with the estimable Ms Tognoni, who was working overtime to sell the scene. Ms S simply flares her nostrils, curls up her upper lip, and once again substitutes her impression of someone smelling shit for acting. Just an observation.

Her conversation with Phyllis was bizarre, she was nasty and antagonistic, rather than a concerned daughter.  Her Prick love suddenly knows no bounds.

Summer and Victor have had like 10 scenes together in the last year and Victor has never been shown to have as close of a relationship with his grandkids as he does with his children. Why is Summer all of a sudden his big defender when that's normally Bohemian's job?

The reason, I fear, is because when it all comes out Summer will get even more lashing out scenes -- this time towards gwampa. "You are the reason my HUZBAND and my BEST FWIEND were murdered!" (Noah, of course will get no scenes.) For some reason Pratt loves having Hunter King yell at people. He thinks it's great acting. I remember back when he tweeted (he hasn't appeared on Twitter since March) how great HK was in a scene when she hollered at Jack about Phyllis being at Fairview.

Think about all her BIG scenes. That's what she does. She goes into a self righteous orgasm and hollers until she is hoarse. She's had many scenes where she yells at Sharon and all Sharon can do is stare at the floor because Summer is the victim and is allowed. She even got to yell at Joe (WTF she is doing in Joe's story I have no clue.) She did it to Jack re: Phyllis repeatedly and then of course the funeral scene where she yelled first at Abby then Avery (?). In Friday's show she got scenes with Marco and Kyle and Paul and Phyllis and all she did was judge and screech and condemn everyone, including her mother. How is this attractive in a 20-year-old girl? Pratt is so tone deaf about this stuff.

If he wanted her to be liked, Summer should have been one of the first to sense this guy is not Jack. She was exceedingly close to him over the last year. They had many, many conversations that Marco couldn't have a clue about. And she could have insisted to Kyle that Jack would not be pulling illegal shit. That is just not Jack. She could have had a loving conversation with Phyllis about how Phyllis is being willfully blind. This I would buy. But she's acting this way about Victor????? Who, as Phalange pointed out, has had maybe a handful or two scenes with her and never meaningful or close. And the reason, as I said, above IMO is set up for more Summer YELLS in righteous indignation at [insert character name].

Edited by miamama
  • Love 11

I have a feeling a flock of Abbotts loudly chirping would draw some attention from passers-by, bartenders, and media.

Sorry bannana, but I believe the correct nomenclature is gaggle of Abbotts, you know like a murder of Newmans.

Ninja, I see where you're coming from and now I've changed my mind. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

As would I. I like the cut of young NP's jib!

• Love 8
(edited)

Cut and Paste gang.

http://www.cbs.com/feedback/

Attn: Mr Pratt

While I recognize that are undoubtedly party to a contract of some duration involving Hunter Hailey Somethingorother, I would like to draw to your attention to viewership issues regarding this actress and her role, as follow:
1.Viewers will rarely empathize with, or connect to a character who is egregiously stupid. This is a soap opera, Mr Pratt, and character-rootability is all. Perhaps you were unaware of that, but I digress. Summer increasingly makes statements that defy the logic or history of Y & R storylines, and In Monday's US show, she exceeds even her quota. If she is perhaps, shall we put it daintily, a bit damaged in the head area, then might you not capitalize on this, reveal her as such, and enlist viewer sympathy with this unappetising piece of work? Just a thought.
2.Romeo and Juliet storylines, while staples of most genres, would seem to need very sympathetic young leads. You have perhaps miscalculated here. Ms Somethingorother and Mr Gnomie, as representatives of Genoa City's ruling families, are, in a word, duds. Ms S is incapable of even the most basic of humanoid ingratiation-gestures--the smile, and Mr G can't get the appearance of responding emotively out of first gear. No one cares about these young lovers, and many would prefer to sacrifice them to Victor C Moloch. Just saying.
3.I know I shouldn't have to tell you this, but in building a soap character, it's essential to enmesh them with major family-groupings. Ms S offends every member of every core family simply by being in a scene with them. To wit, in her park bench scene with Phyllis, she could not even create the illusion of connecting with the estimable Ms Tognoni, who was working overtime to sell the scene. Ms S simply flares her nostrils, curls up her upper lip, and once again substitutes her impression of someone smelling shit for acting. Just an observation.

http://www.cbs.com/feedback/

Magnifico letter. Please paste it. It does work, At my previous board we swamped the feedback with the suggestion that Oldadam and Jack be friends and in a short time it happened for a while - gad, anyone with a friend would be nice. That used to be the major thing in soaps. Friends. Bromance. Women friends. Anything.

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 9

Farko looks a little too smug.

^But in a good way, of course. ;) I loved Farko's smug face. LOVED IT!! Everything that PB gets to do as Jack's alter-ego is just..If I had that role, I'd be partying every day.

As for Jack, I love seeing him grow. I know all good things must come to an end, but I can't wait to see what's next in The Great Escape (Return).

• Love 8

^But in a good way, of course. ;) I loved Farko's smug face. LOVED IT!! Everything that PB gets to do as Jack's alter-ego is just..If I had that role, I'd be partying every day.

As for Jack, I love seeing him grow. I know all good things must come to an end, but I can't wait to see what's next in The Great Escape (Return).

Yes, Jack is changing--check out how he handled Big Pun, the doorman.

• Love 7

I am still mystified at the Prick endgame and inevitable escape from justice.  Any number of times Jack could have been killed already, and certainly he has been tortured.  But Prick is gleeful about this.  Why is he doing all this?  Now he is suddenly worried about Farko out of control and being a threat to his family?  I don't get it.

• Love 10
(edited)

I am still mystified at the Prick endgame and inevitable escape from justice.  Any number of times Jack could have been killed already, and certainly he has been tortured.  But Prick is gleeful about this.  Why is he doing all this?  Now he is suddenly worried about Farko out of control and being a threat to his family?  I don't get it.

Right? It makes no sense. Victor apparently has no brain because he doesn't understand that leaving Jack with a crazy woman and giving her the means to hold Jack captive might end up with someone getting hurt or killed. Then, when he finds out Jack is on a ghost ship with drug runners, he giggles at the idea of rich Jack hiding out behind bags of cocaine. Really? He doesn't know that stowaways on these types of ships would be killed in a heartbeat? And then when he learns the ship is going to Peru, he's amused????? He keeps threatening Marco with being sent to a prison that Marco, a hardened criminal, found intolerable. And he thinks it's funny Jack Abbott will end up there mistaken for Marco?

But we are to believe Victor is upset Marco "killed" Jack.

This is really idiotic.

And what might even be more idiotic is Victor knows Marco is on the FBI's most wanted list. That he's a killer and a "thug" as he calls him, but he still brought him to GC and set him up in Jack's life, thereby giving him full freedom and power to do anything he wants with the added bonus that he has the cover of Jack's identity.

Now Victor's all "Oh noes. What's happening? The Drug Lord is doing bad things and not following my orders????" 

And Jack is the stupid one. Right. 

Yes, Jack is changing--check out how he handled Big Pun, the doorman.

Yup. Candy Ass was awesome in those scenes. lol.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 13

Right? It makes no sense. Victor apparently has no brain because he doesn't understand that leaving Jack with a crazy woman and giving her the means to hold Jack captive might end up with someone getting hurt or killed. Then, when he finds out Jack is on a ghost ship with drug runners, he giggles at the idea of rich Jack hiding out behind bags of cocaine. Really? He doesn't know that stowaways on these types of ships would be killed in a heartbeat? And then when he learns the ship is going to Peru, he's amused????? He keeps threatening Marco with being sent to a prison that Marco, a hardened criminal, found intolerable. And he thinks it's funny Jack Abbott will end up there mistaken for Marco?

There's no continuity from one episode to the next. It seems like there's one set of writers on write on Monday, then a different set on Tuesday and so forth and they rarely bother to pay attention to what the other writers have written. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Estrogen Alert! Wimmen Behaving Stupidly!

Whoah! Nick gets into Sharon's biz regarding his brother's impregnating her... Guess what's in Sharon's purse? Avery can't stop calling Dylan...Lily, who's not too swift to start with, takes a "Will This Marriage Work?" site, leaps to a conclusion, and Joe magically appears [euphemism]! Sage revels in her pregnancy as she dusts tables! And, more GC magic! Cane appears at the Coffee Shrine, only to find a ripe Lauren!

And Lily sniffs lilies. Heads up, Lily, they don't have a perfume--you'll get pollen on your nose at best. Oh, dear, maybe she'll get impregnated by flowers.

OTOH, I do like the Ashley/Phyllis potential. Stitch, burgers and Miami Vice refs, not so much.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 6
Whoah! Nick gets into Sharon's biz regarding his brother's impregnating her... Guess what's in Sharon's purse? Avery can't stop calling Dylan...Lily, who's not too swift to start with, takes a "Will This Marriage Work?" site, leaps to a conclusion, and Joe magically appears [euphemism]! Sage revels in her pregnancy as she dusts tables! And, more GC magic! Cane appears at the Coffee Shrine, only to find a ripe Lauren!

Lol, this better not be what I think it is!  Neamy Crude is making another appearance? Say it ain't so!

• Love 6

Lol, this better not be what I think it is!  Neamy Crude is making another appearance? Say it ain't so!

All right!

Neamy Crude it is! Let's just give it its due among the GC Inanimate Objects Hall o'Fame. We have so few now--it's down to colours, like GCRB, rather than objects, like the dearly departed Big Blue Plate.

• Love 6

I am so not on board with Sharon's pregnancy. Nothing good can come of this for Sharon. 

Stitch and Abby are really really horrid. He's pretty much a fail now. Please, show, send him packing. Do not let him near Ashley. She's far too good for him.

• Love 8

Lots of FF material today.

Sage and Dick are at the UG and he is hovering over her due to her pregnancy.  Meanwhile, the only customers there are Dylan and Sharon, and he wants to court her properly.  So he took her to her ex-husband’s boring club to do so.  Sharon looks good.  But she is only drinking club soda, so we know what that means.  She goes up to the bar and chats with her ex.  In one breath he thanks her for helping Faith make his father’s day gift (a paper weight, hah!); in the next he is dredging up her past resentments of the women he’s screwing and making babies with.  She handles it with aplomb.  She says she is starting her own family and he wonders if she is pregnant but she dodges the question.  She goes back to her table with Dylan but he gets a call from a frantic Avery, and rushes out.  Sharon gives him the encouragement to go, but looks miffed afterwards.  Sharon then ends up in a convo again with Dick about pregnancy and weirdly he encourages her to talk to Dylan about having babies.  Huh?  Sharon also has a pregnancy test in her bag.

At the LAB Abby has a bodyguard who she is berating.  Ash wants to know why she needs a bodyguard, and a disgustingly smug Prick shows up just in time for her to ask him.  He tells her it is none of her beeswax but she correctly points out that Abby is her daughter.  She wants to know who he is protecting Abby from and she concludes he is implying the Abbotts.  Prick is cagey and just indicates that he is contemplating his future.  He says something could happen to any of them at any time, and Ash says she had a similar convo with Farko.  Prick lets her know that he knows about the will and the safety deposit box with instructions.  She wants to know how he knows this, but he just points out that she should be wondering why Farko made Ash his executrix of his estate and not his beloved wife. I think this is a dumb plot point.  Many people will ask/name someone other than a spouse.

Phyllis is at Avery’s apartment, and notices the extra lock on the door.  Phyllis tells Avery that she doesn’t know Farko at all.  Avery tells Phyllis that she thinks Joe is watching her.  Then they go back to talking about Farko, and Phyllis says that Farko has a son she never knew about, an old lover, a gun, his plan against Prick, etc.  Avery is blown away by this and says it doesn’t sound like Jack at all, but more like Prick.  And Phyllis says for the 100th time that she doesn’t recognize Farko as her husband.  She mentions that it’s the way he looks at her, and the things he forgets, like the pool guy he’s known for 20 years.  She abruptly leaves Avery alone.

Lily is manically typing away on her computer at the bar at the GCAC and Joe is hovering around her.  She says she is trying to figure out if her marriage can be saved.  Cane walks through the revolving door with lilies for Lily (awww!) but stops to talk to Lauren, of course.  Lauren tried to get out of her lease at the GCAC so she wouldn’t have to run into Cane, but he interceded and stopped it.  He doesn’t want to have to explain Jill that he’s an asshole.   Cane presents the lilies to Lily and she seems to be thawing but then he gets a phone call and says he has to go, it’s work and it’s important and he rushes out.  Bad call, Cane.  Because while you are gone checking on a delivery (really?  Don’t they have people who do these things?) Lily finds the evidence that Cane has been lying to her.  She finds footage of Lauren going to his room at midnight.  Rut roh, that does seem incriminating.  Lily stomps off and heads over to CL aka Michael’s office, and gives him the evidence of what she thinks is an affair.  She leaves, and Lauren comes in and says she was avoiding “Hurricane Lily”.  Hah!  Sorry Lauren, you deserve all of the ire that Lily can muster.  There’s a bunch of Lauren and Michael blah blah I don’t care if you can’t get it up, blah blah, and she finally just agrees to the divorce, they sign the papers and she basically curses him to be miserable and unhappy and really sorry for kicking her to the curb.  Around the world Y & R viewers collectively cheered that this long international nightmare is over, and we hopefully never have to see these two argue about their ridiculous marriage and sex life ever again.

Lily heads back to the GCAC has it out with Cane.  He says that Lily is assuming the worst, and she doesn’t know what happened behind closed doors after midnight in his room.  Weak, Cane, weak.   She goes upstairs to her own room (not sure when she checked into this room or does she just know which rooms are vacant?) and seconds later Joe pops up.  She is rifling through the mini-bar (again, why don’t these rich people order proper bottles of booze from room service?) cause she wants to get wasted one teeny bottle at a time, but Joe stops her and she kisses him and they have sex, and they are both sober.  Now one odd thing was that Joe is visibly limping and walking with a cane, but when they start kissing, she mounts him while he is standing and he walks with her like that to the bed.  Good thing he has that other third leg.  They looked pretty good together, mostly because they are both pretty.  When Lily wakes up much later, Joe is gone.

Stabby show up at the UG with her bodyguard.  Sage learns that Dick has a bodyguard too.  She is worried.  But Abby assures her that she is in no danger because she is not family.  Hah!  Stabby look like they are trying to ditch her bodyguard, cause that is a good idea.  They have burgers on that bench in the park, where Dummer yelled at Phyllis, and where Cane and Lauren kissed.  They should install a camera at that site.  And then we see that the bodyguard is on the bench next to them.  So clever.

Dylan shows up at Avery’s and checks things out and says no one was there.  He wants to know why she called him and not the police.  And she basically says that a) she was scared, b) she wasn’t thinking, c) the cops would take a long time to get there, and d) she knew he would come running and save her, cause that is just who he is.  He tells her he cannot come running every time.  Then Avery gets all defensive and angry and lashes out at Dylan that she thought he was her friend and tells him to go home to Sharon.  He tells her she is stronger than this.  He says she should call her sister if she needs a friend, and the keystone cops if she is scared.

Ash says that Farko had good reason for wanting her to be the executor of his estate and Prick questions whether Farko doesn’t trust his wife, just as Phyllis walks in, of course.  Phyllis tells Prick  that he is wasting his time trying to get Farko’s wife and sister to think he is the bad guy and Prick is the good guy.  Phyllis blames Prick for Farko’s behavior.  She thinks he drugged Jack in the hospital and it would not have been the first time you drugged someone to get what you wanted.   She wants to know what he did to Jack.  Prick says if he wanted to do something nefarious to Jack Abbott why would he frame himself for embezzlement.  What?  Phyllis and Ash are as confused by this weird illogical statement as I was and are speechless.  Prick accuses Ash of framing him along with her family.  Ash walks out.  Phyllis accuses Prick of having masterminded this whole thing to get Farko out of the picture and says that she thinks that Prick wants to kill him.  And smug-assed Prick grins at her.  Blech!

Dylan is back home at Sharon’s and tells her that Avery is freaked out about this Joe thing and she is just jumpy.  He apologizes but Sharon says it is fine, and they can have their date at home.  And then she blurts out that they are having a baby.  And Dylan is thrilled.  And they seem genuinely happy. 

Michael is in the park with his signed divorce papers.  I think he is on the same bench.  There are some flashbacks of him and Lauren to when she didn’t look like an overpriced call girl.   Michael is crying.  Sorry, Michael, I don’t feel sorry for you at all.  Lauren shows up back at CL ostensibly to see Michael again, but he’s not there, Cane is.  Cause Cane leaves a perfectly good bar, which serves alcohol, to go to a coffee shop.  Where there are also no customers.  Lauren tells him about the Lily thing, and he says he already knows.  He says that the trust is gone and he cannot fix it.  Lauren tells him to go to Lily before it is too late, but of course it is already too late. 

Avery is frantic and calling the police and tells them that someone is in her apartment.

Previews:  Lily to Joe, do I have your word, you won’t say anything to anyone? Gabe to Phyllis: You’re right he has changed, and Phyllis says: Why would you say that, you didn’t know the old Jack; Billy to Farko:  we think Bingham needs a DNA test, and Farko agrees.

• Love 11

Lily to Joe, do I have your word, you won’t say anything to anyone? Gabe to Phyllis: You’re right he has changed, and Phyllis says: Why would you say that, you didn’t know the old Jack; Billy to Farko:  we think Bingham needs a DNA test, and Farko agrees

Again, they need to rent a bus and go to Kenosha for "gang DNA tests, for Everyone!"

• Love 6

Guess here - when whatever hidjus fate befalls Betty Crocker, Lily will need to testify that she was under Joe at the time of the.....

Probably, Dylan will get blamed...or Sharon.

Maybe the 'horror' that Prattle Proposed Prompted Portentous Plotting Portraying Peruvian Prisoners Pouncing on Poor Pitiful Practitioner now Prey, Avery.

Say it Victor!

Or maybe they were going to go all Hannibal and have her toasted in her easy bake "one piece and at a time" (with snails)

• Love 7
(edited)

I am so not on board with Sharon's pregnancy. Nothing good can come of this for Sharon.

She sure looked bizarro during this episode. Something is off with her for sure. She had those weirdo eyes again. I have a feeling Sharon is going to do something really bad.. while off her meds of course. I even wonder if she is really preggo. I sure got a weird feeling from those scenes.

And LOL @ Lily jumping on top of olejoe.

Edited by crosby777
  • Love 3