Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, miamama said:

I’m still thinking about how gross this is. Imagine if Victor got dementia and thought Victoria was was Nikki and Summer was his lover and got all giggly  around her.

Like really Mal? 

I get that dementia sufferers mistake grown kids for dead spouses but I would think it’s very tough for the child to handle. Mal doesn’t play those beats with Jack at all. Dina consistently believes he’s John and it’s just whatever, she’s confused, hope she doesn’t try making out with me har har or ask why I’m not coming to bed. ?And Kyle is flirting and playing up being her LOVER for some ulterior motive. ?

Hmm, Mal isn't just tone-deaf and tasteless, he's bound to the hoary, leather-bound, Gold Bond-trussed volumes of male superiority. So no Victor-shaming, yougotthat?

Nooners with Nana are reserved for female-shaming.

I don't think I can, without going into John Waters territory, contemplate any beats that could be played here. Dina smiles, reaches under the tablecloth, and caresses Kyle's...knee? Whoah, and we worried about how certain demographics felt about a little girl-on-girl action?

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh, all this talk about people with dementia is really getting to me. My dad thinks I'm my mom sometimes and it's as sad as it is creepy. :(

I'm sorry things are that way, Peacheslatour.  It must be awful for you when that happens, along with everything else. 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, miamama said:

My problem with Jack suffering is that he doesn't get any justice afterwards. He gets shot/kidnapped/tortured/betrayed and somehow HE is at fault, and the perpetrator (Victor, Billy, Phyllis, even Ashley) turns it around and is either the victim or rewarded or both. There is no emotional payoff for viewers who give a damn about Jack.

Yes I enjoy watching Peter act and I'm sure he likes the opportunity and front burner work (so he won't complain) but it just leaves me more angry at the end of it. So as usual I'll tune in for the big drama and Peter bringing it. Then I'll tune out because it will be so disappointing and frustrating afterwards.

Until the next time Peter gets good material. 

It's stunt writing and done because he's good at this kind of emotional stuff.  

I agree with every word of this. PB is not only "good at this kind of emotional stuff", he's also willing to let his character undergo humiliation and persecution. He goes with the flow willingly and doesn't (from everything I've gathered throughout the years he's been in the role) make demands of the showrunners that his character always win and have the last word. I'm looking at you, Eric.

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Thanks, boes. I used to think raising a child was the most challenging thing I've ever done. This beats it by miles.

Aww peaches so sorry. I cannot even imagine it. 

• Love 9

Peacheslatour, my mom had Alzheimers for 8 1/2 years after she was diagnosed which was probably a year after we started seeing the changes in her. This was so awful and heartbreaking and infuriating at the same time. My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family. God bless you and keep you safe in his loving arms. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, miamama said:

So Dina thinks Kyle is her lover (with his encouragement) and she thinks Jack is her husband. Also she thinks she’s a young-ish woman. 

Yikes.

Does Mal even remotely think through what his plots mean for characters and their relationships? Like at all?

So this does happen.  My mom suffered from Alzheimers.  She thought her son was her brother, she thought I was her best friend, and her granddaughter was my daughter (my niece).

A cousin of ours, mom thought was her best friend, but that they were both young.  My cousin is in her sixties.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, bannana said:

So this does happen.  My mom suffered from Alzheimers.  She thought her son was her brother, she thought I was her best friend, and her granddaughter was my daughter (my niece).

A cousin of ours, mom thought was her best friend, but that they were both young.  My cousin is in her sixties.

Right. I just wish Mal would play these beats. He uses them solely for plot. I was hoping the Abbott kids could see their mom as a young woman, get some insight into her choices, her relationship with John (who was NOT a saint under Bill Bell). I mean this was a woman who didn’t want children in the 1950s. She could have run Jabot alongside John (as she would later do with Mergeron). But instead her life was looking pretty and making babies. It’s actually a tragic story. And Mal could have examined it. That would be a female empowerment story (not the Fab Four in the Park). Instead he’s retconned Dina into some crazy nymphomaniac who has multiple fathers for her children. And Kyle is creepily playing up her sad confusion to ensure he comes out on top? 

This is not a respectful or dignified way to tell an Alzheimer’s story. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, miamama said:

Right. I just wish Mal would play these beats. He uses them solely for plot. I was hoping the Abbott kids could see their mom as a young woman, get some insight into her choices, her relationship with John (who was NOT a saint under Bill Bell). I mean this was a woman who didn’t want children in the 1950s. She could have run Jabot alongside John (as she would later do with Mergeron). But instead her life was looking pretty and making babies. It’s actually a tragic story. And Mal could have examined it. That would be a female empowerment story (not the Fab Four in the Park). Instead he’s retconned Dina into some crazy nymphomaniac who has multiple fathers for her children. And Kyle is creepily playing up her sad confusion to ensure he comes out on top? 

This is really now the worst story onscreen, to me.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, miamama said:

I think we all agree on this and I believe that everyone has experienced, thru some family connection, the heartbreak and frustration of this terrible disease. (My mother-in-law was a victim of it and thought my two boys were her sons.  She did have those horrible moments when she was aware and knew something was wrong but couldn't do anything about it but be anxious and angry.)  What a slow, miserable death sentence. Shame on the writers for treating it as comedy.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:19 AM, pearlite said:

as JT is turning into compost

I understand that tv/movies limit our fully embracing the situations/events/stories we are viewing because we can not smell the environment of them, but, daammmn.  We have the ability to think out what being buried in a shallow grave in a public park might bring to the nostrils.  By now, JT must be stinking up a storm and I also think the local fauna will be checking out the notavegetablegarden for some midnight snacking.  Don't they have birds  or voles or coyotes in GC?  Even a large concentration of blow flies over the plot would be a dead giveaway. /pun intended  The Fab Four are not going to wind up in prison or jail or anything else.  There will be no body left to identify.  Sharon will wind up back in the nut farm because she will be found digging in the park late at night.

• Love 10

Friday's CDN ep is one of the most boring hours of TV I have ever watched.  Hence why it has taken me till Sunday to attempt a recap.

Nick and Mariah are worried about Sharon, and her new friendship with three of her worst enemies.  Sharon overhears them and then they try to cover by saying they are planning a birthday surprise for her, even though her b-day is months away.  BTW, Sharon's hair doesn't deserve an award.  Mariah leaves.  Nick gets a call from Faith's school.  They go to pick up Faith and bring her home because she has been suspended for the rest of the day.  Faith tells her parents about a bully at school, who picks on the girls, and how Faith and a group of girls stood up to him.  Sharon apparently relates this to her and her frenemies dumping JT's body in a garden grave, and says Faith had to stand up to the bully.  Oh, and she has those crazy eyes again.  Shouldn't the crazy eyes be enough of a giveaway to her friends and family?  So Faith and her three friends got caught standing up to the little bully boy, who started crying.  The other three told the teacher they didn't know why he was crying but Faith told the truth and all four of them got sent to the principal's office.  The other three girls are now angry with Faith because she got them into trouble by telling the truth.  At this point Sharon's eyes have rolled around a few times.  Nick tells Faith she should have gone to an adult about the bullying, but tells her she is not grounded.  Faith goes to do her homework.  He then tells Sharon that if there is anything bothering her, she can tell him and he leaves the room.  Sharon bursts into tears, and Mariah walks in and finds her like that.  Sharon tells her she was upset about Faith.  Mariah doesn't buy that and she tells Sharon she can tell her anything, she will take it to the grave.  Sharon tells her it all has to do with Nick and Christian moving in and boundaries, and she thanks Mariah for letting her be open and honest with her, but Mariah doesn't seem convinced.  Sharon walks up the stairs and she has the crazy eyes look again.

Neil stops by the Ranch to visit with Prick.  Drinki cannot find him.  That is cause he is in the stables working out.  He also has his assistant with him and he is dictating instructions to her, as well as a nurse.  So he has a workout room and executive office established in the stables right beside the horses.  Wonder what is wrong with the office upstairs where he and JT fought? Prick is happy to see Neil.  Drinki sends the staff away to have lunch.  Drinki lectures Prick about over exerting himself and says that they almost lost him.  He says he knows his body better than anyone.  Yuck.  He wants to be back at work in a week.  Drinki tells him that she has things under control at NE.  He doesn't listen to her and she leaves Neil to talk some sense into him.  Prick tells Neil all about the hidden camera in Vic's house and what JT did to Vic.  He is determined to find JT and do something to him.  Not sure what.  He tells Neil to pour him a double tequila.  So he also has a bar in the new gym/office/stable.  Neil grabs the bottle and then pours it out.  He is doing him a favour, but I guess he doesn't know that that tequila probably cost several hundred dollars, and that Prick has plenty more bottles of tequila he can dive into when Neil leaves.  Prick tells Neil about he has seen a change in Drinki, and that they now have an open marriage, and Neils says:  say what?  Hah!  Later Prick returns to lifting weights and Neil tries to get him to stop but he continues until he drops the weights.  Prick tells Neil he wants him to tell his assistant to return, he has more correspondence he wants to do.  Neil says he should take things easy.  Prick starts moan and squeak about how sick he is of his wheelchair and he attempts to get out of it, and Neil says he will go get his nurse.  But before he can leave Prick is having a tantrum as he is trying to walk and he falls down hard.

Phyllis and Billy are at the GCAC and he says it's time to send the kids back to their mother, but Phyllis says that is not a good idea, Vic needs more time.  Phyllis says she wants to help Vic in any way she can, and Billy calls her a liar.  But he appreciates her supporting Vic even though she doesn't like her.  Billy talks about JT and Prick and how JT is capable of murder.  And then he talks about how JT was able to hide his true self from Vic.  Phyllis says people are able to hide things from people they love.  Phyllis discourages Billy from going to talk to Vic, and says he should give her time to grieve. Billy says JT is on the run, not dead.  And Phyllis says that is how women respond to failed relationships.  Quite frankly, Phyllis' behaviour is more likely to get them caught than Sharon's crazy eyes.

Nick meets Drinki at CL.  She tells him that Prick knows about her and Arturo and Prick wants  him off the job.  Nick is not having any of that.  Phyllis shows up and Nick tells the story of Faith and the bully.  He says the timing of this is not good, because Sharon has one more thing to worry about.  He says something is off with her, and she is troubled.  Drinki and Phyllis tell him it's probably nothing.  Nick leaves.  Phyllis tells Drinki that Sharon is cracking and they could all end up in prison.  Drinki says they need to get Sharon under control but she doesn't respond well to browbeating, and Phyllis says that is all she's got.  Hilary interrupts them and wonders what they are being so secretive about, could it be JT's mysterious disappearance.  Drinki threatens Hil if she even thinks about using her daughter's pain on her tawdry little show, and she leaves.  Hil tells Phyllis she has compassion for Vic. She says she heard from Mariah about the girls' night but just about the drinking.  Hil wants to know why she wasn't invited to the party after she facilitated the one for Sharon, and she starts crying.  She then tells Phyllis that she is not pregnant and Devon doesn't know.  Hil blames Simone. And she talks about the baby contract, and boundaries, and feelings.  Phyllis says it is too bad they slept together, and that she should have just used Devon's sample, and Hil realizes she still can.  She will get pregnant again, and he will never know about how or when it happened.  She thanks Phyllis and hugs her, and Phyllis looks worried.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Which she knows as much about as she does tact, ethics, privacy and class.

I am at the point where I cannot stand to listen to Hilary's dialogue, because none of it makes sense to me.  I love MM but they have destroyed the character of Hilary.

• Love 10

I can’t believe this show is still harping on sperm samples. Actually, I can. Mr. Young, I do not watch soap operas for jibber jabber about jizz. 

While you’re at it, give it a rest with the Victor as virile, strong studmuffin routine. It was nice for his scenes to take place with the rest of the horseshit though.

Nuclear family Philly makes me want to throw up.

So glad JT was killed so that we can have hamfisted contrivances like Faith and the bully to highlight the GUILT Sharon feels. So stunningly subtle and not at all insulting to our intelligence.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I can’t believe this show is still harping on sperm samples. Actually, I can. Mr. Young, I do not watch soap operas for jibber jabber about jizz. 

While you’re at it, give it a rest with the Victor as virile, strong studmuffin routine. It was nice for his scenes to take place with the rest of the horseshit though.

Nuclear family Philly makes me want to throw up.

So glad JT was killed so that we can have hamfisted contrivances like Faith and the bully to highlight the GUILT Sharon feels. So stunningly subtle and not at all insulting to our intelligence.

Terrrrific!  Faith, who I can more easily see as a bully than standing up to one, is now Mal's After School Special.  Can "The Sandbox Murders" be far behind?

I wish that the next time Hillary and Phyllis are having one of their synthetic bonding sessions, the Monty Python gang jumps out and yells, "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition"

giphy.gif

and drags those two offscreen never to be seen again.

Bannana, thanks for the recaps, I don't know how you do it.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Wow the hamfisted Faith crap, the revolting Philly fam (have those kids not noticed YET that Aunt Phyllis hasn’t gone home to Uncle Jack?), jizz (so empowering to see women conspiring to steal sperm #girlpower).

I was shocked EB allowed Victor to look so weak, old and vulnerable. But now I get it. It’s so we can see him defeat time, strokes, etc. 

That episode makes me cringe with embarrassment that I (sort of) watch this show.

Cheers @bannana. You deserve a medal or something for recapping.

• Love 14

What’s weird and wonderful about banana’s recaps is that they’re so accurate and yet make the show seem better than it actually is. Like... all the details are on point, right down to the facial expressions and body language. Seeing it all unfold on screen is less satisfying and entertaining than reading about it. It’s like some high level fruit magic that banana is working. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is that banana does an amazing job.

• Love 19

It's a new day in GC, which means we didn't get to see the fallout from Prick's fall on his face in the stables.

Sharon is at CL reading about the manhunt for JT on her tablet.  She is sitting in a booth, and accidentally knocks over her coffee.  She's flustered and is attempting to wipe it up.  She then sees the engraving on the next booth, that JT and Colleen did many years ago.  It's a heart with their names inside.  This shakes her up so much she flees out the door.  BTW, Sharon looks pretty good today, and is wearing a lovely spring blouse.

At Jabot, Jack and Billy are in a meeting and Billy has summoned Kyle to join them.  Billy has been going over the decisions that Kyle made when he was in charge for five minutes, and he is undoing them.  He is moving money that Kyle put into marketing over to innovation and R&D.  Billy says this is where they develop the products that make them money.  Kyle says they have product that isn't getting marketed properly.  He says Jabot's marketing is so last generation, but Billy says sales are good. Jack says it is Billy's decision, and Kyle throws a hissy fit.  Jack says that Kyle told him he wanted to stay on at Jabot to prove he had the company's best interests at heart, and asks him if that was all just "show".

Sharon barges into the Ranch house, and calling out for Drinki, and she finds Prick plopped on the sofa.  What was interesting is that we got a tiny glimpse of someone letting her in.  Who was that?  Prick says Drinki isn't home and that Sharon should have called first but he is not actually rude.  She says that she hasn't seen him since he was released, and she gets a bit tongue-tied but tells him that he looks good and everyone is glad he is alright.  He says he will be alright when he doesn't have to see that damned wheel chair anymore.  He tells her when he gets back on his feet he is going to find JT if it is the last thing he does.  So today, instead of crazy rolly eyes, Sharon has a very furrowed forehead to indicate her distress.

Back at CL Mattie is studying during her free period.  Lily shows up and seems to be worried about her.  Mattie is not interested in talking.  Lily goes to get a coffee and calls Cane to join her so they can help Mattie.  Poor Mattie.

Kyle admits that he still has an ego problem, but he will do what needs to be done at Jabot, including filling in for Glo.  But he is still going to offer his opinion and Jack says he is okay with that.  Jack leaves, and Billy congratulates Kyle on reining it in.  Kyle wants to have an offsite meeting with Billy because he has been in his shoes, when he blew back in from Hong Kong.  Billy begrudgingly agrees to hear Kyle's side of the story.  

Back at the Ranch the mystery person brings Prick his coffee, or maybe tequila in a coffee cup.  Sharon is now seated on the couch with him.  That's kind of amazing.  Then Prick tells her that he and Nick agree for once, they are both determined to find JT.  She says that Nick mentioned that to her, and he replies that he forgot that they were living together. She says they are only housemates.  He asks her if she knew that JT was spying on him and the whole family.  She's surprised and says she didn't know.  She says Nick told her how JT abused Vic, and then Prick tells her he saw the abuse on a tape.  JT pushed her against the wall and choked her, and he says he will never do that again.  Why is Prick talking to Sharon about this?  She seems rattled and says she is going to let him get on with his day and goes to leave, and he asks her if she is upset about something.  WTF, Prick is talking to Sharon and he seems to care???  He says she looks a little nervous.  She says she is just upset about everything that JT did.  Drinki arrives home and asks Sharon if she came by to discuss her special day with Faith.  She explains that she wants to do something with just Faith and her, now that she is getting older.  Prick tells them that Faith came to visit him the other day because she was worried about him.  Drinki suggests to Sharon that they take a walk to discuss their plans.  Prick looks a little bit suspicious.

Cane arrives at CL and Mattie is not too happy that both her parents are there to annoy her.  Lily insists that they are going to have breakfast together.

Billy and Kyle are at the GCAC dining room.  Kyle is complaining about not being a part of the Abbott family.  He says that he was in NY working for Jabot, his last name is Abbott but he is not part of the family.  He talks about Jack being distant from him.  He says he was never part of the family, that Jack never married his mom and never even loved her, that he was shunted between parents and cities for years.  Then his mom was gone and no one missed her except Kyle.  Billy  commiserates saying he wasn't the right kind of Abbott, his mom was Jill not Dina.  Wait, how is that worse?  He says that Jack, Ash, and Tracy were the unit, and he was the screw up that came along later.  He says he has been kicked in and out of the circle many times, that it was his own fault (!) and it is not easy to get back in.  Kyle cites what Billy did with Phyllis and wants to know what he has done that could be worse than that.  Billy tells him he sat in his father's chair while he was in jail, he tried to take Jabot public against the family's wishes, and god only knows what he is doing with Prick.  Kyle whines that Ash and Abby work for Prick, and he can't even exchange emails with Prick.  He says Prick is not pulling his strings. He asks Billy how long he will have to bleed for his mistakes.  Billy says he can't mess with Jabot.  Kyle points out that his dad would have pulled the same power move at his age, and Billy agrees that Jack was a jerk, and advises him to not be one.  He tells him to chill out and give his dad some time.  Kyle accuses Billy of setting him up by criticizing his decisions in front of Jack. Billy admits that he was condescending. Kyle goes on and on about the power struggles at Jabot and says he needs Billy's help.

Sharon and Drinki are in the stables, wishing that Neil hadn't poured out that bottle of tequila. Sharon is upset and tells Drinki how Prick was going on about JT.  She admits that Prick could tell she was upset.  Drinki tells her that she can vent with her, whenever she feels the need.  Sharon looks skeptical and says it is strange when Drinki is being supportive.  Hah!  Drinki tells Sharon she has to get control of herself, that Nick is noticing things are off with her.  Sharon loses it and loudly says that they killed a man and buried him in the town centre.  Drinki tries to calm her down.  Then she calls Phyllis for assistance.  Wait, didn't she say the other day that they cannot badger Sharon?  So you bring in the Chief Badger for help, Drinki?

Billy tells Kyle he may be able to find a way to help Kyle, but he is not sure he can trust him.  He is willingly having a relationship with the man who had his father kidnapped and almost killed.  Kyle balks at that, but I am not sure why.  Kyle says he needs his family, his mom is gone.  He says the Abbotts need him too.  Kyle says he and Billy can fix the problems between Ash and Jack, by getting rid of the Blood Abbott clause.

At the Ranch, Prick is trying to raise himself out of the wheelchair, with no success.

Mattie says Reed was her first boyfriend and now he is gone. She says she screwed up, she should have tried to be his friend.  They talk about JT and everything Reed is going through.  Cane says it is good that Reed is pursuing music education.  And that it is good for Reed to be far away from all the drama.

As expected, Phyllis is badgering Sharon.  Sharon says they killed a man.  Drinki says she killed him to protect her daughter.  Sharon says it wasn't just Drinki, it was all of them.  They should have called the police.  Phyllis is shrieking at her that they covered this already, they couldn't call the police because Drinki would have gone to jail.  Speaking of that, why would Phyllis care if Drinki went to jail?  Sharon is upset and talks about JT's kids, and she says Prick and Nick will never stop trying to find JT.  Phyllis says they are looking for a JT who is on the run and maybe in disguise, not a corpse.  Sharon says, unless they find it.  Phyllis says they are safe if they stick together.  Drinki tells Sharon she will owe her for the rest of her life, that she and Phyllis came running in to protect Vic and Drinki.  Phyllis says everyone they love will lose if they go to prison, and talks about Faith writing her letters in prison.  Sharon says she will not do that to Faith or Vic's kids.  She is very emotional and says that she hates that night, but she is just going to have to live with it.  She leaves.  Drinki believes that Sharon means it, but Phyllis doesn't.  She talks about their coven with her ex-husband's ex-wife and her ex-MIL.  She says she can't believe her life is in Sharon's hands.  But hey Phyllis, that is exactly where you put it.

Mattie tells her parents that she is the nerd, her brother is the jock, with all the friends and who goes to parties.  She's afraid she is going end up being a loner.  They try to reassure her.  She tells her parents she knows how lucky she is.

Prick is making another attempt to walk with great difficulty, and Drinki walks in and sees him walking to the sofa, where he sits down.  She is impressed.  He says, I did it!  He says that she and Sharon were gone a long while.  She covers.  He still wants her to fire Arturo.  She says it is not his call.  She says this is about her relationship with Arturo.  He says he doesn't want him at his home for meetings.  She says she wasn't too happy to have to have dinner with Helen in her home.  He tells her she could have left and she says she was not going to be driven out of her home by his mistress.  They then have a talk about their arrangement.  She says it was entertaining for a time but then he got attacked.  She says it is her job to take care of Prick and no one else's.  She says that she is the only one for him, and he for her.  She says the last few months have been thrilling because they have been partners. She agrees to not see Arturo, but she is not going to fire him.  She asks him to dump Helen and he says it is already done.  Awww...puke!

Kyle convinces Billy to approach Jack to get rid of the Blood Abbott clause.  They should do it for Ash.  They go to Jabot and try to convince Jack.  He says he wants Ash back, but the clause is there for  a reason.  He doesn't want an outsider to take control of the company.  Jack says the clause stays.  Kyle looks deflated.

Badger Phyllis stalks Sharon to her home to rehash the whole thing again, because she doesn't think Sharon means it.  Phyllis is ranting and raving about the mess they are in and that she is just waiting for Sharon to lose it.  Sharon says she is haunted by that night, but she is just going to have to deal with it.  She won't go back on her pact.  She tells Phyllis they are in this together, forever, but that does not make them friends.  Phyllis looks kind of deranged.  Sharon tells her she got what she came for.  And she tells Phyllis to get out.

• Love 15

Kyle goes on and on about the power struggles at Jabot and says he needs Billy's help.

So he's not just a scheming slimy manipulator, he's also a whiner. Good god, Show is in a death spiral.

Phyllis looks kind of deranged. 

Lol, her default expression. Thanks bannana, you're a treasure.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

So he's not just a scheming slimy manipulator, he's also a whiner. Good god, Show is in a death spiral.

Lol, her default expression. Thanks bannana, you're a treasure.

Thanks!  I forgot to add that when Phyllis was loudly haranguing Sharon in her home, I really expected either Nick or Mariah to suddenly appear from the kitchen.  That would have been great.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Back at the Ranch the mystery person brings Prick his coffee, or maybe tequila in a coffee cup.  Sharon is now seated on the couch with him.  That's kind of amazing.  Then Prick tells her that he and Nick agree for once, they are both determined to find JT.  She says that Nick mentioned that to her, and he replies that he forgot that they were living together. She says they are only housemates.  He asks her if she knew that JT was spying on him and the whole family.  She's surprised and says she didn't know.  She says Nick told her how JT abused Vic, and then Prick tells her he saw the abuse on a tape.  JT pushed her against the wall and choked her, and he says he will never do that again.  Why is Prick talking to Sharon about this?  She seems rattled and says she is going to let him get on with his day and goes to leave, and he asks her if she is upset about something.  WTF, Prick is talking to Sharon and he seems to care???  He says she looks a little nervous.  She says she is just upset about everything that JT did.  Drinki arrives home and asks Sharon if she came by to discuss her special day with Faith.  She explains that she wants to do something with just Faith and her, now that she is getting older.  Prick tells them that Faith came to visit him the other day because she was worried about him.  Drinki suggests to Sharon that they take a walk to discuss their plans.  Prick looks a little bit suspicious.

Once upon a time Victor and Sharon were close where he was treated her like one of his beloved daughter. Then whatever crappy writer decided to destroy that relationship, have them kiss, marry and whatever ickiness happened off-screen.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Once upon a time Victor and Sharon were close where he was treated her like one of his beloved daughter. Then whatever crappy writer decided to destroy that relationship, have them kiss, marry and whatever ickiness happened off-screen.

It honestly felt like that, not quite so chummy, but certainly not rude or contemptuous as he has been ever since that marriage.  It was kind of odd.  And he must be wondering why Nikki is suddenly so interested in engaging with her ex-DIL, who she usually is slagging.

Oh, and I wanted to add that Sharon Case's acting was much better today, no more rolly BPD eyeballs.

• Love 8

Phyllis is going to want to throw Sharon in JT’s grave to keep her quiet. 

Young is going to ride the sniping between the Funereal Four into the ground, isn’t he?

Kyle is such a tit. I guess Billy is going to be his surrogate daddy like he was with Reed. Yes indeed, Billy will show Vyle the tough love he needs and reunite father and son and be the hero of the family. Poor Vyle, not allowed to summon the undead through email and so sad that pops didn’t put a ring on Diane’s sperm bank transaction. Don’t you just want to hug him? 

• Love 12

No matter how many times Kyle explains it I am not buying his venomous hatred for his father. Daddy didn’t love mommy after she stole his sperm (inadvertently, she wanted Victor’s) and made me. Wah! I’m not a REAL Abbott boy. So now I’ll destroy Daddy by teaming up with his kidnapper/torturer. And of course Mal has Billy bringing up the Marco stuff without Kyle actually explaining how he’s cool with it. That’s Mal’s M.O.: Simply have a character state story/plot/motivation hole out loud. No need to fill in said hole with logic. 

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, miamama said:

No matter how many times Kyle explains it I am not buying his venomous hatred for his father. Daddy didn’t love mommy after she stole his sperm (inadvertently, she wanted Victor’s) and made me. Wah! I’m not a REAL Abbott boy. So now I’ll destroy Daddy by teaming up with his kidnapper/torturer. And of course Mal has Billy bringing up the Marco stuff without Kyle actually explaining how he’s cool with it. That’s Mal’s M.O.: Simply have a character state story/plot/motivation hole out loud. No need to fill in said hole with logic. 

This was most unsatisfying.  When Billy said that, Kyle interrupts him and says, come on, as if he didn't believe he was kidnapped and almost killed, or, as if he thought that was old news.  Billy interrupts him and says he is not going to go there.  Really, WTF not?

• Love 10
13 hours ago, bannana said:

Really, WTF not?

Because then he would have to acknowledge his own behavior of non-support of Jack (and screwing his brother's wife, fucking up business, openly flaunting his relationship with Phylthy, etc. ad nauseum.)

• Love 8

It's a new day in GC, and some stuff actually happened.

Phyllis and Hil are at GC Buzz right after having lunch.  Hil tells Phyllis that Devon wants her to do a celebratory show about Katherine by showcasing the planting of the garden.

Vic is at the Ranch visiting her mom, and she is upset.  She just talked to Reed, who is liking boarding school, but tells his mom that when his dad is arrested, he wants her to fly him home so he can talk to him.  Vic questions her decisions, and Drinki reassures her she made the right choices in covering up the killing etc. Um, no, she most certainly did not.  She says it feels like she sent Reed away to make things easier for her, not him.  Vic gets a call from Paul telling her she must come to the station, he has new evidence, and Vic looks like she might pass out.  Vic talks to her mom and wonders whether they found the body, and Drinki says no, not possible.  Drinki thinks it is Sharon, that it is just like her to ruin their lives, and spill.  She is the weakest link!  She has wreaked havoc on their entire family since the first day she met Nick in high school.  Vic says she has to go to the station, and doesn't want Drinki to go with, cause it would look suspicious.  Drinki thinks it could be too late, Sharon could have already told them everything.

At Sharon's house she is walking through her dining area after grabbing a cup of tea.  She is dressed only in a bra and matching panties and a spray tan.  Of course, Nick walks in, carrying a box.  She explains that she was just getting a cup of tea while getting dressed and she thought the house was empty.  And now it is too late run upstairs in embarrassment/modesty because he has seen all of that and plenty more before.  Eek!  Nick meanwhile is openly ogling her up and down and tells her all of that still looks pretty good and she thanks him.  He's not wrong.  She lingers and asks him what is in the box.  He has brought some tile samples for a new backsplash that she has been saying she wants.  She's touched and delighted and asks if they are expensive, and he says he can get her a deal.  He says he may need a shower, a cold shower, because it is hot, outside, that is.  She says she knows what he means.  Then he decides to go upstairs and is still carrying the box, and she says he might want to leave that downstairs. 

Phyllis tries to talk Hil out of making the episode about the garden, suggesting it be moved to Chancellor estate.  Hil says Devon is stuck on the garden, they will be getting extensive footage on digging and the excavation.  Phyllis changes the topic to Hil's insemination appointment, and Hil shushes her because everyone around there is into gossip.  Mariah walks by and says, what gossip?  Devon walks by and also overhears something about secrets and lies, and Mariah makes a comment that Devon is to blame for getting Hil preggers.

Paul is questioning Vic. He wants to know about JT's motivation for attacking Prick.  She says Paul knows this already. He says Prick confirmed that JT lost it after Prick showed him the video. Paul wonders why JT ran, he could have claimed self defense.  He wants to know why JT didn't stay and tell his side of the story.  This is kind of a dumb question coming from Paul, as he knows that JT was spying on Prick, plus Prick has evidence of assault on Vic.   She says he ran because he doesn't want to get arrested.  The video footage would make him look even more guilty. Paul says his leaving made things easier for Vic. She says none of this is easy and goes to leave.  He tells her they are not done.  He asks her if anyone stopped by that night other than Paul or Nick.  She says, no, she already answered that question. But Paul tells her that they were able to triangulate the cell phone signal and place JT right by the house.  Paul sees that Vic is upset by this info.  She says he could have dropped his phone, but Paul says it is not there.  He asked if JT called or texted her that night and she says, no.  He says they have phone records that show that she did receive calls and texts, but she replies that she had her phone off because of the party and because of the break-up.  He asks when she turned her phone back on, she says she doesn't know, but she saw the texts and voicemails and deleted them all without reading or listening to them.  She explains that she was too vulnerable to him, that she caved before, and therefore didn't want to hear what he had to say.  She says the last time she spoke to him was in Hawaii.  Paul says they are done, and she asks if he will be able to get those texts and voicemails back, and he says he is not sure.  She goes to leave, and, in a nod to Columbo, he says, there is one more thing.  BTW, Vic looks absolutely horrible, pale as can be.  Paul wants to know why he found Vic sitting in her car when he arrived that night, and she says, we already explained that, she was going to get food/drinks.  But she says "we" explained that, instead of "I".  He tells her she is free to go as long as she is not holding anything back from him. He says she never volunteered the info about the abuse.  Even when the whole world knew JT attacked Prick.  He wants to know how many times JT attacked her.  Paul suggests that JT maybe came back one last time and asked for her help to escape.  And that she helped him because she loves her son and she wanted JT gone.  Vic lashes out at Paul and blames him and Cricket for the whole mess, because they brought him back to town and had him spying on Prick.  Everything that happened was caused by him. Paul takes a modicum of blame.  He wants to know if Vic aided JT either voluntarily or because she was forced.  He implores her to tell him everything she knows, and she weakly says, she already has.

Phyllis decides to butt into Devon's life.  She congratulates him on becoming a father, and he tries to ditch her and walks away.  She follows him and starts talking about his agreement with Hil and their platonic parenthood agreement.  She wants to know if he is ticked at her, and he says, yes.  She wants to know if he is trying to get out of the baby agreement, and he says he would never do that and tells her to MHOB.  She says it is her business, Hil  is her friend.  She keeps haranguing him, and he says he wishes he had thought things over more carefully.  She says he still has feelings for Hil that he won't acknowledge. Shut up, Phyllis, it cannot be said enough.  And why doesn't she ever go to work? Oh, now she tells Hil she has to go to work, and encourages Hil to make her insemination appt. ASAP so that the timing works out. So right there in the middle of the studio a few feet from Devon she calls her OB's office and even says the insemination word out loud.  She quickly hangs up as Devon approaches, but he doesn't hear.  He leaves.  Later, Hil and Mariah are about to go on air, and Mariah hands Hil the phone telling her it is her doc calling.  She dismisses Mariah, and then says right there in the middle of the studio that she will be using the same donor, Devon Hamilton.  Then they go on air and talk about secrets and lies, and share stories from the viewers. 

At the Squad Room, Phyllis and Drinki are already there, and Sharon and Nick arrive.  Nick is curious about why he is questioning the girls about their party.  Drinki says that Paul has already spoken to Vic.  Paul says he wants to speak with them separately.  Phyllis volunteers to go first but Paul says Sharon will go first.  In his office he tells Sharon about the cell phone log.  He asks her if JT came to the house the night of the party, and Sharon says, no.  Then we see Phyllis and Drinki also answering, no. Paul is asking Drinki if anyone else came to the door besides him, and she says, yes, Nick.  Paul asks Phyllis if anyone beside him and Nick showed up and she says, nobody, Drinki answers, no, and Sharon answers, yes, Abby. Paul ask Drinki if Vic got any calls that night and she says if she did, she didn't hear it, and Phyllis answers that Vic turned her phone off that night to party, and Sharon says Vic's phone rang, but she didn't answer.

(I'll be back later to do the last few scenes, sorry for the interruption.)

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, bannana said:

At the Squad Room, Phyllis and Drinki are already there, and Sharon and Nick arrive.  Nick is curious about why he is questioning the girls about their party.  Drinki says that Paul has already spoken to Vic.  Paul says he wants to speak with them separately.  Phyllis volunteers to go first but Paul says Sharon will go first.  In his office he tells Sharon about the cell phone log.  He asks her if JT came to the house the night of the party, and Sharon says, no.  Then we see Phyllis and Drinki also answering, no. Paul is asking Drinki if anyone else came to the door besides him, and she says, yes, Nick.  Paul asks Phyllis if anyone beside him and Nick showed up and she says, nobody, Drinki answers, no, and Sharon answers, yes, Abby. Paul ask Drinki if Vic got any calls that night and she says if she did, she didn't hear it, and Phyllis answers that Vic turned her phone off that night to party, and Sharon says Vic's phone rang, but she didn't answer.

for some reason, i suddenly saw a scene from a very old movie...it had someone with a ladder on his shoulder and as he turned around kept hitting people with the ladder.....

le sigh

• Love 2

Tuesday Recap continued:

Paul is now interviewing Nick.  Paul tells him that JT disappeared the night of the girls' party, and that they have cell phone evidence that puts him in the vicinity of Vic's house.  Paul asks him if he saw any sign of JT and Nick says he didn't, not even his car.  Paul says his car was in the garage.  Paul asks how the women seemed, and Nick said they were surprised to see him, and they seemed pretty rattled about the news that JT attempted to kill Prick.  Nick says that he was going to stay to protect the girls.  Paul asks why he didn't and Nick replies that Phyllis told him that Paul had spoken to her on the phone and advised her that he was sending a squad car to the house for protection.  Paul doesn't let on to Nick that he never spoke to Phyllis.  Nick says he has had a theory about JT, that everyone thinks he left town, but Nick isn't so sure.  But JT was so possessive and controlling of Vic, he thought he was tough and he was always right.  He cannot see him leaving town without trying to stick around to clear his name.  He muses that JT could be hiding out somewhere in the middle of town!

The girls are at the Ranch now to debrief on their interviews and compare their stories.  Sharon says she is tired, but Phyllis insists they do this while it is fresh in their minds.  Phyllis takes the lead, of course.  Phyllis says, when Paul asked whether anyone came by that night, other than him and Nick, they all said no, right?  At the same time Drinki replies, no and Sharon replies, yes.  Sharon says, Abby stopped by, remember?  Drinki says she forgot about Abby.  Phyllis says that is no big deal because no one actually say Abby, except for Vic.  Vic says, Abby didn't come by, that was JT, that she lied and now it was coming back to bite them. Phyllis says, when Paul asked about whether Vic got a phone call, they all said that Vic turned her cell off, right?  Drinki says, not exactly, she said that she didn't hear the phone ring.  Sharon says that she said she heard the phone ring, but that Vic didn't answer it.  Phyllis is furious with her for saying that and Sharon says that she was trying to stick as close to the truth as possible.  Phyllis goes off on Sharon once again and exclaims, what does she need, flash cards, to keep the story straight!  Phyllis, dufus, there is no story to keep straight since the four of you are having this little meeting you should have had a couple of days.  Vic never told them that Abby was never there.  They never lined up what they were going to say about Vic getting phone calls.  So, shut up Phyllis.  Sharon tells Phyllis to back off.  Phyllis is shrieking that if Sharon's inability to stick to a simple narrative is what is going to get her sent to state prison, then Sharon is going to be joining JT in Chancellor Park.  Sharon says they can just say it was a party and they were all drunk.  Phyllis goes off on Sharon again pointing out that everyone knows that Drinki is sober.  Drinki emphatically says she will not claim that she was drunk, cause I guess it is better to be found guilty of murder and doing awful things to a body.  Now Drinki goes off on both of them and says she cannot believe her entire future is dependent on her two former daughters-in-law.  Phyllis says it could be dependent on the cops finding the body. She tells them about the garden and flower planting.  Phyllis says they run the risk of the body being dug up, or they have to dig up the body and move it.  Drinki is upset with Phyllis' insensitivity and once again she shrieks about being sent away in an orange jump suit.  Sharon tries to get them to calm down and think.  Phyllis suggests that since Drinki owns the park, she can get it shut down for a day and they can move the body!  Sharon snarks, that won't look suspicious. This is stupid, wasn't the whole point that they planted JT in the garden knowing that the flowers would be planted and no one would be the wiser? A beleaguered Victoria says, enough, everyone is on edge right now, and for good reason.  She wants to talk to her mother alone.

At the studio, we are back watching the secrets and lies story and there is a bunch of blah blah which I cannot be bothered to type up.  Devon arrives, because he has nothing better to do as multi-billionaire CEO.  More blah blah, and then Hil says that sometimes lies are okay.  Like when a friend of yours has uninspired fashion choices, and Mariah is, uh, maybe.  And Hil also says there is a huge disadvantage to keeping secrets, and Phyllis and Sharon are now watching from CL.  Hil says the secret can lead to more and more lies and the situation can spin so out of control that there is no stopping it.  You can't remember what you told to whom, and you cannot escape your lies when you are awake and you cannot avoid them in your dreams which turn into nightmares, and that pressure leads to a breaking point.  Phyllis and Sharon look troubled.  Nick is listening too at Sharon's house and thinking about secrets and lies, looking at photos of Sharon and his family with her.  I guess that is about his not so secret lust for Sharon.  At the Ranch, Vic tells Drinki that JT was her problem.  She tried to blame Paul, but she is really to blame, she drew him back into their lives.  She should have walked away from him.  They cannot keep these lies going.  She sees that everyone is under so much stress.  She says she is going to take full responsibility for the lies and secrets and Drinki says, oh no, you don't.  Vic says she is going to go to Paul and tell him that she killed JT.

• Love 15

Man, Phyllis desperately needs to shut up. When she’s not scolding Sharon for attempting to be honest, she’s encouraging Hilary to deceive Devon AND nagging Devon about Hilary. It’s like watching a velociraptor on crystal meth run free in a petting zoo. 

Speaking of zoo animals, looks like Nick will be getting his banana peeled soon. Poor Sharon. 

• Love 16
17 hours ago, bannana said:

Phyllis tries to talk Hil out of making the episode about the garden, suggesting it be moved to Chancellor estate.  Hil says Devon is stuck on the garden, they will be getting extensive footage on digging and the excavation

Prediction...they excavate, with the nervous quartet looking on, and !!!SURPRISE!!! no JT.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Prediction...they excavate, with the nervous quartet looking on, and !!!SURPRISE!!! no JT.

And it will all be thanks to Pricktor and his wheelchair of virility. Since he had planted bodycams in Drinki's spanx and tracking devices in her hair he knows the whole story.  (He also had backup cams that JT missed at Vic's so he saw the murder, too!)  He dug up JT all by him lonesome and hauled him out on the WCofV-remember the weight lifting sessions in the barn-and has him neatly on ice in the wine cellar, pending whatever future use/blackmail he may have for the rotting corpse.  And he does it all for Fambly.  Aawwwww.

Also: moment of projectile vomiting.  Really, Mal, we're gonna have a romcom moment with Shick for funsies?  Did Nick carry that box in front of his bananainthepants?  Would Sharon really be contemplating a romp with him when she has a murder charge hanging over her head? Fuck you.

• Love 17

In addition to snarling and sneering at Sharon, Phyllis thinks she has a right to question Devon about his relationship/interactions with Hillary?! Who made her the Head Buttinsky of GC? Geez. After all of the nasty, hateful, deceptive, cheating things she’s done? Go away already!!!

• Love 9

It's the same day in GC. (Wednesday CDN recap, posted pretty late.)

Sharon is pouring coffee for Neil at CL, and he is probing her about gossip about the whole JT situation, because he is the head of PR for Newman.  Great strategy, Neil.  He asks if her customers see the Newmans as innocent, culpable or maybe cutthroat.  She gets interrupted by a call from Drinki and they speak in code, so Neil won't catch on.  Drinki needs her at the Ranch, stat!  Sharon looks uneasy.  

Philly are at the GCAC necking by the staircase and Billy suggests they have dinner at some Italian restaurant, saying she deserves a fun, quiet night. He asks about Paul's questioning earlier that day.  She says no biggie, Paul just had some info that JT was near Vic's house that night.  Billy says he was lucky he didn't show his face, with the formidable girls there.  Phyllis gets an SOS call from Drinki and assumes it is re Sharon, and Drinki says it isn't Sharon this time.  Phyllis lies about a problem with "Laurel" in accounting and says she has to leave for work immediately.  At Drinki's house, Vic says she has made up her mind and Drinki is not going to stop her. Later the fab four are together at the Ranch and Vic is about to tell them her plan to turn herself in and Prick walks in, and says, oh, look at all of you. Hah! Phyllis comes up with a charity story cover, and Prick says, that's nice, you all have a nice time together, and Drinki ushers him out the front door, as he has a car waiting.  After he leaves they snark at each other again, but Vic then tells them that she is going to say she killed JT by herself.  Vic tells her story as she will tell it to the cops. She says that Drinki drove everyone home that night.  After they left, Vic went to get ready for bed and she didn't realize anyone was in the house.  JT broke into the house, after she ignored his texts and calls, which she says is true.  Now we get a reenactment of Vic facing JT, but with no JT actually there.  No bedroom set, just the props and a black backdrop.  She says she told him to leave, she's calling the police, which Vic points out is true. She ran to get her phone, he followed her, things got violent and he told her he tried to kill her father.  She told him he was out of his mind, she grabbed the fire poker, he lunged at her, she didn't mean to kill him, she was only trying to fight him off.  But, it was too late, she wanted to call the police, but she didn't think they would believe that it was in self-defense.  So, using her adrenaline, she rolled him in the rug, dragged him down the stairs, out to her car and buried him in his garden grave.  She continues, she knows she lied, and kept lying and she is so, so sorry.  End of story.  Phyllis does a snarky applause and then starts to shoot holes in the story.  Why would a billionaire's wife drive them home instead of calling her driver?  Even if Vic works out, there is no way she could roll him up in a rug and drag him to her car and bury him.  It won't take long for the cops to figure out that Vic could not have done this alone, and they will conclude it was not self defense.  They will conclude that four women drunk on girl power and high on tequila murdered one man and covered it up as a team; a team that will end up in prison.

Prick arrives at the GCAC where Kyle is studying the menu, and Prick says that he is early, calling him "son". And Kyle says, of course, he wouldn't want to miss one minute of this.  Prick actually tapped the menu with his cane when he walked up.  Did I mention he can walk around on his own steam now?  Kyle says he digs the cane, but that Prick won't need it much longer and most men half his age would still be in hospital.  Prick asks if he is using his charm to his advantage at Jabot.  Kyle says he is all charm, all the time.  He says though that Billy and Jack are going out of their way to keep anything interesting off of his radar.  He talks about changing their cosmetics packaging to a lighter shade of red.  Prick tells him not to minimalize the value of any little piece of info, but Kyle says if Prick wants to win against Jack, it has to be something as epic as the whole feud with him.  Kyle asks how the feud started.  Prick chuckles and tells Kyle that his father has always had an inflated sense of self-worth and an utter lack of respect. He is unable to acknowledge that he has lost.  Prick says he doesn't know how many times he has bested him.  Kyle asks if he wants to put the battle behind him so that he can devote his energy elsewhere. Prick grumbles, it is what it is, and it can only end one way.

Vic says that they should come up with an airtight story for her instead of poking holes. Phyllis says they don't need any story that involves the four of them seeing JT, and Vic says, yes they do, because they all saw him.  Okay, I admit I missed this from her telling of the story, and not sure how that works, that Vic would admit they all saw him.

Kyle tells Prick that he was running Jabot when his family was in a meltdown, and now he has no title.  Prick says that Jack slapped him down, he’s vindictive and weak and he should not let him humiliate him.  Kyle says it is not about the demotion, he is upset that Billy was saying “screw Jabot” for years and then became COO in 12 hours.  Prick says Jack is making a huge mistake, it is only a question of time.  Kyle wants to know what Prick has in mind, he can help him get there faster.  Prick says when Kyle is ready, that is when it will happen, and Kyle questions whether Prick has as little faith in him as everyone else in GC.  Prick tells him to wait, and Kyle says he has been waiting for years.  He is sick of it.  Prick tells Kyle he sounds as bitter and angry as his father, proving Prick’s point.  Billy walks in to the GCAC and sees them together and he looks pissed.

Charlie is at CL working on the Dina video.  Neil shows up and they talk about the project, and Dina’s Alzheimers.  Neil leaves, and Charlie gives him a big hug.  Charlie is inspired about how to make the video more special now.

At the Ranch, Sharon brings Vic a cup of tea, and Phyllis and Drinki look on skeptically.  They want to know if she is committed to the pact.  Sharon says she gets why they are not confident in her.  Then she goes into a speech of her crisis hotline work, and talks about abuse survivors.  She talks about her own experience.  She says women need to bond together, and she points out that Vic didn’t have the confidence to confide in anyone.  Sharon says that now Vic can, they all can talk if they need to, in spite of their baggage.  Phyllis snarks, but agrees.  Sharon says they are doing this strong and united, and JT will not control them from beyond the grave.  Vic hugs Sharon and thanks her for supporting her and other women.  Vic says she is going to the office now. Phyllis wants her to repeat: spilling my guts to the cops is the worst idea I have ever had, and Vic simply says that she can promise them that she is not going to be JT’s victim anymore.  She leaves, and Phyllis says that Sharon’s speech inspired Vic, but to do what?

Phyllis and Sharon arrive back at CL.  Phyllis says Sharon’s speech blew her away, did she have it prepared?  Sharon says no, she spoke from her heart.  They fist bump!!!!!  Sharon says the four of them have this bond that will never go away, like it or not.  Their only choice is to trust each other and Phyllis says she is not sure they can trust Vic.  Phyllis decides to check in on her new friend and calls Vic’s assistant who says she is working from home today. She then calls Vic, who is not answering her phone.  Phyllis heads off to Victoria’s house.

Billy is at the bar picking up take out, but wait a minute, aren’t they going to some great Italian restaurant tonight?  He walks over to Prick and Kyle’s table and pats Kyle on the shoulder in a not friendly way. Prick asks him if checking up on truant employees is one of his functions as COO.  Billy says his nephew does everything without permission.  Kyle says that Billy sees him to speaking to someone that Jack and Billy despise, and that is all Billy needs to read him, he is that wise and intuitive, and Kyle is what, unsophisticated and adolescent?  WTF does that even mean, Kyle?  He actually gets worse dialogue than Phyllis.  Billy disagrees, and sarcastically says that Kyle is all grown up, sitting here speaking with the enemy. He says that Kyle wants his father to know it, as he is sitting there in broad daylight.  Kyle replies that Ash and Abby are often associating with the enemy and they get a free pass.  Billy says that Prick hasn’t asked Kyle to marry him and hasn’t bought him a pony, that’s why.  Billy says, as far as he knows, and ask Prick if he has.  Prick asks him to get the hell out of there.  Now one thing that was very strange was that Prick was eating throughout these scenes, like constantly.  I think it was meant to show him as the old fat cat, but from an acting perspective I wish I could figure out what he was eating that he could do so nonstop.  Billy tells Kyle that he is intelligent, he is sharp and observant, he knows how much Prick gets off on terrorizing his father, and yet he plays into his hand.  Billy says that Jack is right, and if he were his son, he would not trust him either.  Kyle looks smug but a little uncomfortable.  I don’t get Kyle’s game either, he went to all this trouble just to warm up to Billy and now here is in the GCAC dining with Nosferatu in the open.

Vic is seated at the desk in her house and the light coming through the blinds makes prison bar lines across her face.  She still looks like hell.  She is writing a letter to her parents.  She writes, by now they will have heard the news and tells them she is sorry she had to do it, there was just no other choice, much like when JT broke in and she had to do the unthinkable.  Defending herself was not a mistake, covering it up was.  She writes, she hopes they understand why she had to turn herself in and confess.  Making this decision has already brought her peace, something she hasn’t felt in a long time.  She writes, if she ends up in prison, she thanks them for taking care of her children and that she knows they and Nick will give them the same love and protection that they gave her, which gives her strength.  She writes, they are not to blame for the chain of events that led to this tragedy, that she is completely at fault and that she hopes someday they and the kids can forgive her.  She leaves the note on the bench and opens the door, and is startled to find Phyllis there, who has figured out what she is up to.  Vic tells her to get out of her way.  Phyllis asks her if she didn’t listen to Sharon who made the most sense she has made in her life.  Then she tells her if she does this, JT wins.  And what about Johnny and Katie visiting her in prison?  And Drinki dying of a broken heart, probably at the same prison? She tells her she loves her family too much to be that selfish, but Vic says she is taking this hit so that they can have lives.  Phyllis tells her a dozen lives will be shattered, for one person to ease her conscience.  Later, Drinki arrives because Phyllis texted her.  Phyllis fills her in on Vic’s intentions, and Vic is sitting on the couch, obviously distraught.  Drinki sits with Vic, and Vic says she is not sure she can make it through the next couple of days, with people demanding answers she doesn’t have.  She doesn’t want to say “I don’t know” because that will be incriminating.  Phyllis says that Paul thinks JT is in hiding, maybe in contact with Vic, but nothing will come of that unless JT communicates with Vic, which isn’t likely.  Vic says she could do without the pressure of Mac constantly texting and calling.  Vic says she feels bad about Mac and her babies but she doesn’t want to talk to her in the middle of the night about JT.  Drinki is annoyed with Mac, and Phyllis tells Vic to ignore Mac.  Vic says she can’t ignore Reed when he calls, missing his father and trying to convince himself and her that he is still a good guy.  Vic defeatedly says she cannot do this anymore.  Drinki tells her she needs to get out of there for a few days, and Vic replies that she doesn’t want her dad to see her like this.  Drinki suggests somewhere tranquil where she can start to grieve.  Phyllis suggests a cosmetics conference in Lake Louise, a beautiful resort and spa (it is, I have been there!).  It’s a good cover, a reason to go out of town.  Phyllis says she will go with Vic, but Drinki says it should be her.  Phyllis points out that the CEO of NE would not be going to a cosmetics conference.  So Phyllis it is.  Vic agrees that Lake Louise looks beautiful.

Back at the GCAC, Kyle is whining that now he is going to get a lecture from his dad after Billy runs to him to tattletale, while Kyle gets treated like a kid.  Kyle says he is sick of it, he is a professional who brings much to the table; when he gets shafted, he can do just as much damage.  Prick says, claims is one thing, proof is quite another.  Prick says sometimes Kyle reminds him of Jack, full of bluster, all sound and fury, signifying very little.  Kyle says he can back up what he says.  He has the proof that Prick wants.  The weapon powerful enough to take out his dad, all he has to do is hand it to him.

Phyllis is at Jabot and Billy wants to know if she is there to burn off calories with him in the elevator.  Seriously?  She tells Billy she has to go this cosmetics conference and that Lauren is insisting.  He says he has pull and can change that and she begs him not to say anything to Lauren because she already made a big deal out of it and she doesn’t want Lauren to cut her expense account.  So, of course Billy is going to say something to Lauren!  Phyllis lies well, but she doesn’t plan all that well.  He is all smoochy and she looks really worried or freaked out.  Not smooth at all, but he doesn’t notice.  He says he is going to cancel the dinner reservation.

At Vic’s, Sharon is now there.  Drinki has packed Vic’s suitcase, and tells her her makeup case is in there and her passport.  You know, I travelled a lot on business and there is no way I could pack in one hour for a conference. Phyllis arrives and says the car is there.  Phyllis is also looking pretty bad by now.  Vic thanks her for doing this.  Sharon tells Vic to get some rest and feel better.  Drinki tells her daughter she can do this, and then she can rebuild her life.  As Vic goes out the door she grabs the note she wrote to her parents.  Sharon walks Vic to the car.  Phyllis gives Drinki some Kleenex because she is crying now.  She tells Phyllis she wants regular updates, and Phyllis says she will take good care of Vic.  Drinki tells her she better, or she will answer to her.  You know, this would be a trip from hell for the both of them, but I like the idea of Phyllis suffering through it, because this whole thing is her fault.

Kyle is frustrated and says that he is offering Prick ammo to use against Jack and Prick doesn’t want to talk about it.  Prick tells Kyle that if he wants to impress, he should show him what he has.  Kyle looks a little nauseous.  Prick ominously asks him if he has what it takes to play with grown ups.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, bannana said:

It's the same day in GC. (Wednesday CDN recap, posted pretty late.)

Sharon is pouring coffee for Neil at CL, and he is probing her about gossip about the whole JT situation, because he is the head of PR for Newman.  Great strategy, Neil.  He asks if her customers see the Newmans as innocent, culpable or maybe cutthroat.  She gets interrupted by a call from Drinki and they speak in code, so Neil won't catch on.  Drinki needs her at the Ranch, stat!  Sharon looks uneasy.  

Philly are at the GCAC necking by the staircase and Billy suggests they have dinner at some Italian restaurant, saying she deserves a fun, quiet night. He asks about Paul's questioning earlier that day.  She says no biggie, Paul just had some info that JT was near Vic's house that night.  Billy says he was lucky he didn't show his face, with the formidable girls there.  Phyllis gets an SOS call from Drinki and assumes it is re Sharon, and Drinki says it isn't Sharon this time.  Phyllis lies about a problem with "Laurel" in accounting and says she has to leave for work immediately.  At Drinki's house, Vic says she has made up her mind and Drinki is not going to stop her. Later the fab four are together at the Ranch and Vic is about to tell them her plan to turn herself in and Prick walks in, and says, oh, look at all of you. Hah! Phyllis comes up with a charity story cover, and Prick says, that's nice, you all have a nice time together, and Drinki ushers him out the front door, as he has a car waiting.  After he leaves they snark at each other again, but Vic then tells them that she is going to say she killed JT by herself.  Vic tells her story as she will tell it to the cops. She says that Drinki drove everyone home that night.  After they left, Vic went to get ready for bed and she didn't realize anyone was in the house.  JT broke into the house, after she ignored his texts and calls, which she says is true.  Now we get a reenactment of Vic facing JT, but with no JT actually there.  No bedroom set, just the props and a black backdrop.  She says she told him to leave, she's calling the police, which Vic points out is true. She ran to get her phone, he followed her, things got violent and he told her he tried to kill her father.  She told him he was out of his mind, she grabbed the fire poker, he lunged at her, she didn't mean to kill him, she was only trying to fight him off.  But, it was too late, she wanted to call the police, but she didn't think they would believe that it was in self-defense.  So, using her adrenaline, she rolled him in the rug, dragged him down the stairs, out to her car and buried him in his garden grave.  She continues, she knows she lied, and kept lying and she is so, so sorry.  End of story.  Phyllis does a snarky applause and then starts to shoot holes in the story.  Why would a billionaire's wife drive them home instead of calling her driver?  Even if Vic works out, there is no way she could roll him up in a rug and drag him to her car and bury him.  It won't take long for the cops to figure out that Vic could not have done this alone, and they will conclude it was not self defense.  They will conclude that four women drunk on girl power and high on tequila murdered one man and covered it up as a team; a team that will end up in prison.

Prick arrives at the GCAC where Kyle is studying the menu, and Prick says that he is early, calling him "son". And Kyle says, of course, he wouldn't want to miss one minute of this.  Prick actually tapped the menu with his cane when he walked up.  Did I mention he can walk around on his own steam now?  Kyle says he digs the cane, but that Prick won't need it much longer and most men half his age would still be in hospital.  Prick asks if he is using his charm to his advantage at Jabot.  Kyle says he is all charm, all the time.  He says though that Billy and Jack are going out of their way to keep anything interesting off of his radar.  He talks about changing their cosmetics packaging to a lighter shade of red.  Prick tells him not to minimalize the value of any little piece of info, but Kyle says if Prick wants to win against Jack, it has to be something as epic as the whole feud with him.  Kyle asks how the feud started.  Prick chuckles and tells Kyle that his father has always had an inflated sense of self-worth and an utter lack of respect. He is unable to acknowledge that he has lost.  Prick says he doesn't know how many times he has bested him.  Kyle asks if he wants to put the battle behind him so that he can devote his energy elsewhere. Prick grumbles, it is what it is, and it can only end one way.

Vic says that they should come up with an airtight story for her instead of poking holes. Phyllis says they don't need any story that involves the four of them seeing JT, and Vic says, yes they do, because they all saw him.  Okay, I admit I missed this from her telling of the story, and not sure how that works, that Vic would admit they all saw him.

Kyle tells Prick that he was running Jabot when his family was in a meltdown, and now he has no title.  Prick says that Jack slapped him down, he’s vindictive and weak and he should not let him humiliate him.  Kyle says it is not about the demotion, he is upset that Billy was saying “screw Jabot” for years and then became COO in 12 hours.  Prick says Jack is making a huge mistake, it is only a question of time.  Kyle wants to know what Prick has in mind, he can help him get there faster.  Prick says when Kyle is ready, that is when it will happen, and Kyle questions whether Prick has as little faith in him as everyone else in GC.  Prick tells him to wait, and Kyle says he has been waiting for years.  He is sick of it.  Prick tells Kyle he sounds as bitter and angry as his father, proving Prick’s point.  Billy walks in to the GCAC and sees them together and he looks pissed.

Charlie is at CL working on the Dina video.  Neil shows up and they talk about the project, and Dina’s Alzheimers.  Neil leaves, and Charlie gives him a big hug.  Charlie is inspired about how to make the video more special now.

At the Ranch, Sharon brings Vic a cup of tea, and Phyllis and Drinki look on skeptically.  They want to know if she is committed to the pact.  Sharon says she gets why they are not confident in her.  Then she goes into a speech of her crisis hotline work, and talks about abuse survivors.  She talks about her own experience.  She says women need to bond together, and she points out that Vic didn’t have the confidence to confide in anyone.  Sharon says that now Vic can, they all can talk if they need to, in spite of their baggage.  Phyllis snarks, but agrees.  Sharon says they are doing this strong and united, and JT will not control them from beyond the grave.  Vic hugs Sharon and thanks her for supporting her and other women.  Vic says she is going to the office now. Phyllis wants her to repeat: spilling my guts to the cops is the worst idea I have ever had, and Vic simply says that she can promise them that she is not going to be JT’s victim anymore.  She leaves, and Phyllis says that Sharon’s speech inspired Vic, but to do what?

Phyllis and Sharon arrive back at CL.  Phyllis says Sharon’s speech blew her away, did she have it prepared?  Sharon says no, she spoke from her heart.  They fist bump!!!!!  Sharon says the four of them have this bond that will never go away, like it or not.  Their only choice is to trust each other and Phyllis says she is not sure they can trust Vic.  Phyllis decides to check in on her new friend and calls Vic’s assistant who says she is working from home today. She then calls Vic, who is not answering her phone.  Phyllis heads off to Victoria’s house.

Billy is at the bar picking up take out, but wait a minute, aren’t they going to some great Italian restaurant tonight?  He walks over to Prick and Kyle’s table and pats Kyle on the shoulder in a not friendly way. Prick asks him if checking up on truant employees is one of his functions as COO.  Billy says his nephew does everything without permission.  Kyle says that Billy sees him to speaking to someone that Jack and Billy despise, and that is all Billy needs to read him, he is that wise and intuitive, and Kyle is what, unsophisticated and adolescent?  WTF does that even mean, Kyle?  He actually gets worse dialogue than Phyllis.  Billy disagrees, and sarcastically says that Kyle is all grown up, sitting here speaking with the enemy. He says that Kyle wants his father to know it, as he is sitting there in broad daylight.  Kyle replies that Ash and Abby are often associating with the enemy and they get a free pass.  Billy says that Prick hasn’t asked Kyle to marry him and hasn’t bought him a pony, that’s why.  Billy says, as far as he knows, and ask Prick if he has.  Prick asks him to get the hell out of there.  Now one thing that was very strange was that Prick was eating throughout these scenes, like constantly.  I think it was meant to show him as the old fat cat, but from an acting perspective I wish I could figure out what he was eating that he could do so nonstop.  Billy tells Kyle that he is intelligent, he is sharp and observant, he knows how much Prick gets off on terrorizing his father, and yet he plays into his hand.  Billy says that Jack is right, and if he were his son, he would not trust him either.  Kyle looks smug but a little uncomfortable.  I don’t get Kyle’s game either, he went to all this trouble just to warm up to Billy and now here is in the GCAC dining with Nosferatu in the open.

Vic is seated at the desk in her house and the light coming through the blinds makes prison bar lines across her face.  She still looks like hell.  She is writing a letter to her parents.  She writes, by now they will have heard the news and tells them she is sorry she had to do it, there was just no other choice, much like when JT broke in and she had to do the unthinkable.  Defending herself was not a mistake, covering it up was.  She writes, she hopes they understand why she had to turn herself in and confess.  Making this decision has already brought her peace, something she hasn’t felt in a long time.  She writes, if she ends up in prison, she thanks them for taking care of her children and that she knows they and Nick will give them the same love and protection that they gave her, which gives her strength.  She writes, they are not to blame for the chain of events that led to this tragedy, that she is completely at fault and that she hopes someday they and the kids can forgive her.  She leaves the note on the bench and opens the door, and is startled to find Phyllis there, who has figured out what she is up to.  Vic tells her to get out of her way.  Phyllis asks her if she didn’t listen to Sharon who made the most sense she has made in her life.  Then she tells her if she does this, JT wins.  And what about Johnny and Katie visiting her in prison?  And Drinki dying of a broken heart, probably at the same prison? She tells her she loves her family too much to be that selfish, but Vic says she is taking this hit so that they can have lives.  Phyllis tells her a dozen lives will be shattered, for one person to ease her conscience.  Later, Drinki arrives because Phyllis texted her.  Phyllis fills her in on Vic’s intentions, and Vic is sitting on the couch, obviously distraught.  Drinki sits with Vic, and Vic says she is not sure she can make it through the next couple of days, with people demanding answers she doesn’t have.  She doesn’t want to say “I don’t know” because that will be incriminating.  Phyllis says that Paul thinks JT is in hiding, maybe in contact with Vic, but nothing will come of that unless JT communicates with Vic, which isn’t likely.  Vic says she could do without the pressure of Mac constantly texting and calling.  Vic says she feels bad about Mac and her babies but she doesn’t want to talk to her in the middle of the night about JT.  Drinki is annoyed with Mac, and Phyllis tells Vic to ignore Mac.  Vic says she can’t ignore Reed when he calls, missing his father and trying to convince himself and her that he is still a good guy.  Vic defeatedly says she cannot do this anymore.  Drinki tells her she needs to get out of there for a few days, and Vic replies that she doesn’t want her dad to see her like this.  Drinki suggests somewhere tranquil where she can start to grieve.  Phyllis suggests a cosmetics conference in Lake Louise, a beautiful resort and spa (it is, I have been there!).  It’s a good cover, a reason to go out of town.  Phyllis says she will go with Vic, but Drinki says it should be her.  Phyllis points out that the CEO of NE would not be going to a cosmetics conference.  So Phyllis it is.  Vic agrees that Lake Louise looks beautiful.

Back at the GCAC, Kyle is whining that now he is going to get a lecture from his dad after Billy runs to him to tattletale, while Kyle gets treated like a kid.  Kyle says he is sick of it, he is a professional who brings much to the table; when he gets shafted, he can do just as much damage.  Prick says, claims is one thing, proof is quite another.  Prick says sometimes Kyle reminds him of Jack, full of bluster, all sound and fury, signifying very little.  Kyle says he can back up what he says.  He has the proof that Prick wants.  The weapon powerful enough to take out his dad, all he has to do is hand it to him.

Phyllis is at Jabot and Billy wants to know if she is there to burn off calories with him in the elevator.  Seriously?  She tells Billy she has to go this cosmetics conference and that Lauren is insisting.  He says he has pull and can change that and she begs him not to say anything to Lauren because she already made a big deal out of it and she doesn’t want Lauren to cut her expense account.  So, of course Billy is going to say something to Lauren!  Phyllis lies well, but she doesn’t plan all that well.  He is all smoochy and she looks really worried or freaked out.  Not smooth at all, but he doesn’t notice.  He says he is going to cancel the dinner reservation.

At Vic’s, Sharon is now there.  Drinki has packed Vic’s suitcase, and tells her her makeup case is in there and her passport.  You know, I travelled a lot on business and there is no way I could pack in one hour for a conference. Phyllis arrives and says the car is there.  Phyllis is also looking pretty bad by now.  Vic thanks her for doing this.  Sharon tells Vic to get some rest and feel better.  Drinki tells her daughter she can do this, and then she can rebuild her life.  As Vic goes out the door she grabs the note she wrote to her parents.  Sharon walks Vic to the car.  Phyllis gives Drinki some Kleenex because she is crying now.  She tells Phyllis she wants regular updates, and Phyllis says she will take good care of Vic.  Drinki tells her she better, or she will answer to her.  You know, this would be a trip from hell for the both of them, but I like the idea of Phyllis suffering through it, because this whole thing is her fault.

Kyle is frustrated and says that he is offering Prick ammo to use against Jack and Prick doesn’t want to talk about it.  Prick tells Kyle that if he wants to impress, he should show him what he has.  Kyle looks a little nauseous.  Prick ominously asks him if he has what it takes to play with grown ups.

Good Lord ........ Kyle can die now, and his ashes scattered in the folds of Victor's neck wattles.

• Love 18