Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Okay, so show was all Victoria, Nikki, Sharon, Phyllis today, with a couple of snippets of JT. Show opened with JT badgering Victoria by phone and text, and her ignoring him. She revealed the extent of his emotional and physical abuse to the others, and they were very supportive of her. She told them that in Hawaii, he locked her phone away from her and told her that he had leaked the memo. She described how he broke her spirit by criticizing everything that she did or said, and that she tried to make every day a good day but she never knew what kind of mood he’d be in when he walked in the door. There was a nice scene with just Victoria and Nikki in the backyard.

Sharon talked a little bit about how Victoria’s experience mirrored what she hears at the crisis line. 

JT was at the coffee house calling Victoria when Cane walked in, saw that he was angry, and asked what was going on. JT said that they had broken up (but of course didn’t detail his part in it), and Cane encouraged him to fight for the relationship. As he walked away, JT told Cane that he wouldn’t see him (JT) again, but he might hear some stuff about him, and he should believe what he wanted. Cane was all, “Hey, what? Wait a minute!”, but JT was gone.

Victoria went upstairs to wash her face in the bathroom; she dropped the washcloth on the floor and bent down to pick it up, and when she stood up, JT was standing there. He had come in the door over the garage. He tried to get her to agree to take him back, that he would get the help she thought he needed, but Vic was having none of it. She told him that if it wasn’t for Reed, she would forget she ever knew him. Then he brought up Victor, and how he basically killed Colleen, and why should he live when Colleen had died? He should have died in the fall! And Victoria was all ? How did JT know? Was he there at the ranch that night, when he’d supposedly gone to get champagne? JT said that Victor had been spying on them, and had basically gone crazy and attacked JT, but the fall was an accident. Vic said, but you left him there! You turned off the ventilator! Jack’s in jail because of you! JT started putting his clothes in a bag, but then they started struggling, Victoria tried to leave the room but he slammed the door and hit her in the face (this is when the ladies heard something going on from downstairs, and they ran upstairs, hearing her  yelling at him to get away from her). She went to the phone to call the police, but he ripped the phone out of the wall. She tried to get away from him, but he pinned her against the dresser and was yelling about why was she doing this to him. They burst into the room, saw what was happening, and Nikki grabbed the poker from the fireplace and HIT HIM OVER THE HEAD! He fell to the ground, and Nikki was stunned and dropped the poker on the floor. And that was the end!

There’s a lot I missed, but I think I got the gist of it.

Holy shit!  What a day to have a dentist's appointment!  Thanks @Capricasix.

I am so relieved that Reed did not kill his father.

And, Drinki, well she is an old hand at this.  But why then

Spoiler

don't they call the cops.  Why the preview of them burying him?

• Love 11

I don’t buy this scenario of Phyllis and Sharon at a girls party for Victoria. Nor do I buy Victoria suddenly confiding in them. 

It’s drama but it’s not soapy to me. It just flies in the face of the characters’ history. (Soaps are built on long term history.)

And the dialogue of the women seemed to have been written by someone determined to educate on abuse. Whenever I thought about WHO these people are (i.e. characters I’ve watched for decades) it became a random class called Spousal Abuse 101. And it took me out of story/scene.

I mean WTF is Victoria talking about? “Everything was JT. My life revolved around him” etc. You just reconnected with him WEEKS ago. (After coldly dumping/slapping a man you've been caught up with for about a decade.) And JT is currently divorcing a woman with whom he shares young children and with whom he too has been for about a decade. She was talking like she’d been with JT for years and years and lost herself. If she had talked about how bad she’s been at relationships ok. How being daddy-obsessed has cost her relationships in the past and so she was doubting herself (though even that is a tough sell but at least it acknowledges her history).

And she’s telling this to PHYLLIS!!! 

Sorry. Not buying it.

Mal is writing his own show. A brand new show. He’s just using one with 45 years of history (on its 45th anniversary lmao) to do it.

• Love 17

I had the same feeling, MM. If this storyline had played out over months and months, like it would have done with Bill Bell, as dramatic as yesterday’s scenes were, I think they would have been much more powerful. JT only rolled back into town a couple of months ago, yet Victoria talked about it as if it had been going on for years, almost.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, miamama said:

I don’t buy this scenario of Phyllis and Sharon at a girls party for Victoria. Nor do I buy Victoria suddenly confiding in them. 

It’s drama but it’s not soapy to me. It just flies in the face of the characters’ history. (Soaps are built on long term history.)

And the dialogue of the women seemed to have been written by someone determined to educate on abuse. Whenever I thought about WHO these people are (i.e. characters I’ve watched for decades) it became a random class called Spousal Abuse 101. And it took me out of story/scene.

I mean WTF is Victoria talking about? “Everything was JT. My life revolved around him” etc. You just reconnected with him WEEKS ago. (After coldly dumping/slapping a man you've been caught up with for about a decade.) And JT is currently divorcing a woman with whom he shares young children and with whom he too has been for about a decade. She was talking like she’d been with JT for years and years and lost herself. If she had talked about how bad she’s been at relationships ok. How being daddy-obsessed has cost her relationships in the past and so she was doubting herself (though even that is a tough sell but at least it acknowledges her history).

Sorry. Not buying it.

Mal is writing his own show. A brand new show. He’s just using one with 45 years of history (on its 45th anniversary lmao) to do it.

I am in total agreement with you here. I found most of the dialogue insipid and ridiculous. This whole idea of a "girls night" is just adolescence on stilts and steroids. The idea that Sharon and Phyllis would be palling around to be utterly not credible even if it's supposed to all be "in support of Victoria." First of all, Sharon and Victoria never had a good relationship (not to mention Nikki), I found myself rolling my eyes at the psychobabble platitudes falling out of Sharon's mouth. She's becoming the Nancy Hughes of the 21st century. I've never hated Sharon before, but under Mal's inept writing, I'm am in full on loathe-mode about her now.

MY is not writing Y&R. He's writing romcom shit from the '80s. It's insulting and not worth my time. If he feels the need to stretch his comedy legs, he should try to get a job in primetime television. Hah! As if.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Thad and Amelia were in excellent form today. Their scenes have been very realistic. 

Oh yes Patsy I agree! The acting is better. This isn’t Pratt BS. It’s realistic and relatable so the actors can sink their teeth into it. As long as they ignore who their characters are. (Which is probably easy to do when you’ve had to play some of the shit asked of soap actors. ?.)

But what happens long term with this writing? Phyllis and Victoria and Sharon and Nikki get together every month for a book club and to drink margaritas? 

As it is Philly shits on years of history (and recent history because there is nothing light and fun about their being together). But Mal DOES NOT CARE and this was my huge beef with the “romcom” pairing. Mal’s Phyllis and Billy are not believable or RECOGNIZABLE to me. And so I won’t watch them.

Now he’s undoing the complex dynamics among multiple characters (major characters) for one short arc (scene). 

When all these characters become unrecognizable and on top of this you try to build a future with completely and incomprehensibly refigured characters like EVILKyle viewers lose the emotional connection that keeps them watching these (obviously) low quality shows.

Good, well-written, powerful, visually stunning high-production-value television is EVERYWHERE. We can binge watch BLL and The Crown etc easily. People go to soaps for an emotional connection - like going to your hometown or your parents house after you’re long grown up.

Mal is trying to create prime time level drama and burning down our hometowns and parents houses to do it.

/rant over

Edited by miamama
  • Love 13

I get what you mean MM. These characters have been flipped over under sideways down. Backwards forwards square and round. I have no particular dog in this fight so I'm just enjoying seeing some goofy, soapy junk food for the mind.

• Love 11

I feel you, miamama. Just because something classically soapy happens on a daytime drama doesn’t make it good or entertaining. Like, baby switches are ‘soapy’ but I could give a blue dilly fuck if I ever saw one again. It’s disappointing because the acting has been solid in this abuse storyline. The plot execution has been sorely lacking. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, miamama said:

Sorry. Not buying it.

I have to admit that I was completely bored watching the scenes with Vic, Phyllis, Sharon and Nikki, because it was forced, and educational.  But they are following the BLL formula, aren't they.  I don't have as much of a problem with Sharon being part of this, she and Vic were SIL and shared a lot of family dynamics.  Vic is hostile towards Sharon.  But Phyllis?  No way, no how.  It would have made more sense for Billy to be there.

And Vic's monologue of her relationship with JT rings false as well, for the reasons you noted.

One very strange thing happened when I was viewing this, during the scenes with JT and Vic.  I found myself agreeing with JT when he was talking about Pricktor, not only  about her relationship with him, but that he deserved to die.  Not that I think JT should have left him there, or flipped the switch.  But his characterization of Prick is one I share.  I don't think they meant for us to be agreeing with JT.

Nikki sure is quick to go for the death blow, isn't she?  I imagine if she had just yelled at JT to unhand Victoria, he would have stopped.  I grew up in abusive household, and if everyone had picked up a fire poker any time someone got physical, well, let's just say there would have been no more family.

Edited by bannana
because a death knell is not what I thought it was
  • Love 14

Right?

And one throwaway line from Nikki telling her daughter “oh what Victor and I have is NOT the same as JT and you.” Um nope. Not swallowing that horse shit. Abuse is abuse. (And Victor is worse than JT btw.) PSAs and Sharon’s multiple “I hear this at the crisis centre ALL THE TIME” lose all their value in the face of Victor Newman apologists. 

19 minutes ago, bannana said:

Nikki sure is quick to go for the death blow, isn't she?  I imagine if she had just yelled at JT to unhand Victoria, he would have stopped.  I grew up in abusive household, and if everyone had picked up a fire poker any time someone got physical, well, let's just say there would have been no more family.

This too!!! And Mal doesn’t get how farcical (and I mean that in the true sense of farce) it is to have Nikki KILL SOMEONE ELSE in the name of some justifiable righteousness?

Of course not because he has zero fucks to give about Nikki Reed Newman’s 40-year history.

• Love 14
20 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Sharon talked a little bit about how Victoria’s experience mirrored what she hears at the crisis line. 

PUH-leez.

20 hours ago, Capricasix said:

He should have died in the fall! And Victoria was all ? How did JT know?

Another thing that makes no sense.  Why would Victoria be suspicious?  Everybody knew Victor took a tumble down the steps.

• Love 5

LOLOL  why wouldn't what vikki have to say mirror what sharon hears at the crisis centre?

she (like a lot of people manning the crisis line) probably gets calls from lots of abused women..

my niece works/worked for the union gospel mission in vancouver on the downtown east side....she had to take a leave of absence cause she said she just had to take a break from all the heart break of counseling  the women...

guess cause it's sharon...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Yeah, JT wasn’t wrong about the terrible things that Victor has done, and Victoria’s codependent relationship with him...

It was annoying the hell out of me to hear the truth about Victor coming out of JT's piehole because that way, Mal gets to have his urinal cake and eat it, too.

The truth about Turd and his abusive ways get verbalized, but by JT, which neutralizes them (in his mind, anyway) because the person telling the truth is tainted beyond repair.

Well so is Turd.

And Nikki, your Stockholm syndrome is showing.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

LOLOL  why wouldn't what vikki have to say mirror what sharon hears at the crisis centre?

It would, but Sharon has inserted "at the Crisis Center" to drinking game proportions.

• Love 8

It's the same day in GC.  In fact, it is seconds later.

Vic is in shock.  Sharon is trying find something to tie up JT.  Phyllis, checking on him, says he's not breathing.  Doc Sharon checks and confirms that there is no pulse.  Drinki cannot believe it, she only gave him a love tap with that poker.  Sharon says, maybe she hit him harder than she thought.  They muse that maybe something happened when he fell.  They are panicking.  Vic is tending to JT and yells for them to call 911.  Good thinking, Vic.  Phyllis says it is too late for that.  A knock at the door startles all of them.

Nick arrives at Prick's room and blathers on and on, while Prick lays there looking pained.  He blathers on about the mystery dark haired woman, how he learned that she is his mistress, that Drinki is jealous, that the open marriage concept may not be working, but then that it is working cause they have never been happier, that there has been no progress on his case, that police think it was Jack, but that they have the wrong guy.

Mariah is at the bedroom door, knocking, asking what they are doing, are they so plastered that they are having a slumber party?  Phyllis tells Sharon to keep Mariah out the bedroom, that she cannot see JT's body.  So these fools are going hide a dead body, Reed's father, because PHYLLIS SAYS SO?  Oh, my.  This gets worse and worse.  Sharon goes to the door and leaves the bedroom.  She asks Mariah how she's feeling and she says she is still feeling pretty spinny.  In the bedroom, Phyllis covers the body.  She says they have tried CPR, nothing is going to change the outcome.  Drinki comforts Vic who is in shock.  Sharon manages to get Mariah downstairs.  Mariah suddenly says she remembers something from right before she passed out, something bad.  Sharon brings Mariah a coffee, and tries to suss out what Mariah remembers.  Mariah remembers what she told the gals about kissing a girl, and is mortified.  Sharon tells Mariah she should go home, but a still tipsy Mariah says no, she doesn't want to be a party pooper.  CG plays a good drunk.  Sharon says the party is winding down, but Mariah wonders why they moved it to the bedroom.  Sharon says they are purging Vic's closet to help her start a new chapter in her life.  Mariah says she would like some designer hand me downs.  Sharon says it is not a good time, Vic is really upset.  Mariah concedes that she would not want to be scooping up the remains of a recently deceased relationship.  Hah!  I guess this is the humorous part we heard about.  Sharon says Mariah doesn't look so good, and Mariah asks if she has lost her margarita glow.  Sharon says she is booking her a car, and Mariah wants to know why Sharon isn't coming home with her.  She says that she cannot just leave the party she is hosting.  A maudlin Mariah hugs Sharon and tells her she is not just a good mom, she is a good friend.

Cricket is in Paul's office telling him that they have a good case against Jack. Cricket lists all the circumstantial evidence and says that Jack in all likelihood is going to be convicted.

Nick is still droning on at Prick's bedside.  For once, I feel sorry for Prick.  He looks like he is in terrible emotional distress, but Nick seems oblivious.  He natters on about Jack and Prick's relationship, and that he knows Prick wants the person who really did this to him to pay for it.  He assures him there is a guard stationed and no one will get near him.  He suggests calling in someone from JT's team at NE to help out.  Nick says he wishes Prick had some way of telling him.  Prick is agitated and trying to point with his finger.  Nick suddenly is aware of Prick and gives him his phone, and for the second time he writes, JT.  And Prick has tears streaming down his face.  Nick has a constipated look on his face as he tries to figure out what Prick is trying to tell him.

Sharon returns to the bedroom and assures them that Mariah knows nothing and she sent her home.  Phyllis, who is getting on my last nerve now (Drinki, put that fire poker to good use on her, please), grills Sharon about Mariah.  Meanwhile Vic is now saying that maybe his pulse is just faint, and Phyllis tells her there is no pulse and the body is already cold.  Drinki starts sobbing and tells Vic she is sorry, she didn't mean to hurt anyone.  Vic says she is  not the one who hurt someone, but JT is, and then she tells them about JT pushing Prick down the stairs, and turning off the ventilator.  Vic tells them everything, and says that is why they have to call the police, that they need to know, and she picks up the phone.  Phyllis rushes over to stop her, telling her to think about this.  She says that Drinki could be arrested for murder, and the rest of them could be arrested as accessories.  Are they really going to listen to crackpot Phyllis?  Apparently they are.  Phyllis says, we are not calling the cops.  Vic says a crime has been committed.  Phyllis says, yeah, murder.  Vic says she is not talking about that, she is talking about JT assaulting her.  Phyllis tells them to look at it like the cops would, Vic is not badly injured. Drinki says she was trying to save Vic.  Phyllis says she came up behind him and clobbered him.  They will all be questioned and the cops will learn about how JT tried to kill Prick, giving Drinki a motive.  Phyllis continues on pointing out that Drinki never shared her concerns about JT with anyone, including Paul.  Sharon, finally, tells Phyllis to stop badgering Drinki.  Sharon asks Vic if she shared the abuse with the Counsellor and she says yes, but only about the one time, and that she also was physical with him.  Phyllis says, so Vic abused JT and it makes him look like the victim.  Sharon asks Vic if she took pictures or got a restraining order, and she says no, she covered it up.  Phyllis keeps haranguing her and says she is lying to herself, just like when she thought JT was going to change.  Sharon confronts Phyllis about haranguing Vic.  Phyllis says they have had enough experience with the by the book DA to know how this is going to play out.  A woman bludgeoned the man who tried to kill her husband, a woman with money, who thinks she is above the law, who was recently investigated when her gun was used in a homicide.  Sharon says they will explain everything to Cricket.  Phyllis says before they call anyone, they need to come up with a plan.

Back in Paul's office, he is challenging Cricket about the blood they found, how will she explain that to the jury.  Paul says he is not convinced that Jack is guilty, and cannot believe that Jack would hire a hitman to go to Prick's hospital room.  Paul gets a phone call.  Afterwards, he tells Cricket that the blood they found is JT's.  Cricket cannot believe it would be JT.  Paul says they sent him in there, they enticed him with a job.  What if Prick found about the investigation.  He says that JT has not been the same.  He reacted badly to the investigation being closed.  Paul puts it together that JT found the file not the night before, but the night of the attack.  And he speculates that he knew a way in to bypass Ranch security.  They conclude that JT is their prime suspect.

Nick asks Prick why he is so intent on JT?  He wonders if JT has information on who did this to him.  Prick looks like he wants to smack the stupid out of him.  Prick is trying to speak, he is grunting.  Nick says he will go to the source and he will call JT and Prick gets even more agitated.

Vic says she should have insisted that JT leave the house when he snuck in, or she should have called the police or yelled out to the ladies.  Well, Vic, I have to agree with that.  She says shouldn't have engaged with him or fought with him.  She says she should have known that this would have happened, she should have handled it differently.  She berates herself for having gone to Hawaii with him.  What is wrong with her, that he would have thought she would leave her family and her life for him?  Drinki tells her nothing is wrong with her, something is wrong with him.  Phyllis says forget about the coulda-shoulda-woulda.  It's too late, she says.  Phyllis says Vic did try to call the police, and Sharon says that he beat her, who knows how far he would have gone.  JT's phone starts ringing.  Sharon fishes it out and says it is Nick.  Nick leaves JT a voicemail.  Drinki wonders whether Nick knows something.  Then they realize that Vic is gone.  Vic is in her car, very shaky, about to drive away, and Paul knocks on her window, startling her.  She asks him what brings him by and he replies, it's about JT.

In the living room, the girls realize that Vic is not in the house.  Drinki is worried that Vic is driving in the state she is in.  Sharon looks out the front window and says, OMG, it's Paul with Vic, and they are coming in the house. Drinki says, how could he know what happened already?  Phyllis asks Sharon if she called Paul when she was downstairs with Mariah.  Oh shut up, Phyllis.  She really is at her most snarly right now.  Vic and Paul come in, and Vic says Paul is here about JT.  Paul says he wants to speak to him about a departmental matter.  Vic says she knows why, that JT was working undercover for Paul, and she found out about it when they were in Hawaii. Drinki asks Paul if this is true.  He says he cannot discuss an active investigation.  Vic is visibly upset and Paul wants to know why.  Phyllis explains that they just broke up when they were in Hawaii, that they had been having problems that came to a head there.  She came back with the kids and left him there.  Paul wants to know why they are all there, and Phyllis says, girls' party. Paul tells Vic he is sorry that she is upset but maybe it is for the best.  He asks where they were staying and she says Paradise Vista on the big island.  So they were on the big island, even further to get to than Oahu or Maui as flights go.  Why didn't they  just write it that they were in the Caribbean?  Paul leaves.

Nick tells Prick that JT and Vic must be out enjoying the Hawaiian surf.  And he goes on about how they needed a break from everything, and Prick is practically sobbing now.  Nick says he is going to get a nurse, and Prick gets even more upset.  Nick returns to his bedside and asks him what it is that he wants from JT, is it something he has access to, is it about Jack?  He asks him if it is something about the company, or if it is something he's done.  Prick's looks like he is going blow a head gasket and Nick realizes, it is something that JT has done.  Prick manages to get out the words "to me".  And Nick says: "to me"...you want me to bring JT to you?  HAHAHA!!!  Finally, Prick manages to get out:  JT did this to me!  His next words will surely be, could you be any stupider, my boy? Nick's eyes get wide.

Back in the squad room, Paul is telling Cricket about Vic and JT's shaky relationship, and that Vic found out about the investigation.  Cricket says, how did he let that info leak, we trusted him.  She asks if he is still in Hawaii, and Paul says, yeah, I guess there is no reason to hurry back.  Hey, this is what I have been saying!  He says he has the name of the hotel and he has detectives trying to track him down.  Cricket wonders how Vic is holding up, saying she must be angry.  Paul says when he got there she was sitting in her car staring into space.  He tells Cricket that he doesn't think that she had been drinking (??) and it made sense when they went inside, that the other girls were there to cheer her up.  Paul gets a call telling him that JT checked out of the hotel and took a flight that arrived in GC earlier today.  He says he is going to bring him in.  Then Paul gets a call from Nick who tells him it was JT who attacked his dad.  He says that Prick said it himself.  Nick tells Paul to alert the Hawaiian authorities, and Paul tells Nick that JT is back in GC.  He tells Nick that he has enough to bring JT in for attempted murder.

Back at Vic's house, Sharon is furious with Phyllis for lying to Paul on behalf of all of them.  Vic says she lied first, in the car, when she didn't tell Paul about JT.  Phyllis says if she had told Paul the truth, Paul would have arrested Drinki.  Vic says Paul would be on Drinki's side.  Drinki says she is not so sure, he used JT to spy on Pricktor and his company.  Sharon says Paul is a good cop.  Phyllis says Cricket would be egging him on.  Vic talks about her conflicted feelings about JT, that she loved him, but feared him.  Drinki relates what happened to her with her father and draws parallels to how Vic is feeling.  She talks about the conflicted feelings she had for her father, and then says that she killed him, when he tried to rape her.  She says when Vic was born, she vowed to always protect her daughter, and that's what she did.

• Love 19

So Phyllis basically badgered everyone into covering up JT’s death? Good lord is she distasteful. Billy better watch out that Phyllis doesn’t back up a loaded cement truck to his nostrils while he sleeps.

I appreciate that Nick strives to plumb new depths of stupidity. He always reaches for the stars.

Edited by NinjaPenguins
Wurdz
  • Love 15

Nick asks Prick why he is so intent on JT?  He wonders if JT has information on who did this to him.  Prick looks like he wants to smack the stupid out of him.  Prick is trying to speak, he is grunting. 

Nick tells Prick that JT and Vic must be out enjoying the Hawaiian surf.  And he goes on about how they needed a break from everything, and Prick is practically sobbing now.  Nick says he is going to get a nurse, and Prick gets even more upset.  Nick returns to his bedside and asks him what it is that he wants from JT, is it something he has access to, is it about Jack?  He asks him if it is something about the company, or if it is something he's done.  Prick's looks like he is going blow a head gasket and Nick realizes, it is something that JT has done.  Prick manages to get out the words "to me".  And Nick says: "to me"...you want me to bring JT to you?  HAHAHA!!!  Finally, Prick manages to get out:  JT did this to me!  His next words will surely be, could you be any stupider, my boy? Nick's eyes get wide.

GOLD! bannana, fucking gold! 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

“Paul’s a good cop” AHAHAHA

Holy shit, I just want to punch Phyllis right in her stupid nose. And I don’t normally advocate violence!

I generally can tolerate Phyllis and mostly I just ignore her, but she was so inserted into this storyline, that she was making me see Red!  She was uber annoying, and if I was Sharon, Nikki or Vic, I would make sure to never be in the same room with her ever again.

But my favourite thing today was just how completely dense Nick was.  Now that was humorous.  And EB did a good job with playing the exasperated, frustrated, pained and fearful basically victim who cannot help himself or his family.  I kept thinking he must have been having a hard time not breaking up at Nick blathering on and on.

• Love 13

Paul and Christine really are perfectly matched.  They are both just so so so bad at their jobs. 

Actually, it was the college educated Einstein Sharon who said Paul is a good cop.  Phyllis (true to character) accused Paul and Christine of being capable of stitching anybody up.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Cricket is in Paul's office telling him that they have a good case against Jack. Cricket lists all the circumstantial evidence and says that Jack in all likelihood is going to be convicted.

I so dislike The Bug.  She's is a realllly crappy lawyer.  She gets so emotional with her investigations that she doesn't think them out and look at the defense attorney's side. ( BTW, does Jack have a lawyer?  He should have been out on bail along time ago.)  She also doesn't see any new evidence that pops up, such as two people leaving Prick's room after his plug was pulled.  I hope Jack sues the hell out of GC when they find out he had nothing to do with it.  But in Maldavia, Jack will probably have to pay the expenses of his incarceration since he was not guilty. 

• Love 14

Great recap banana! Thanks for doing such a detailed job. I feel like I actually watched the episode. 

So who do we think is going to find JT's body? Because there's no way our inept rip-off BLL wannabes are going to be able to dispose of the body without someone stumbling across it. I give it a couple of days before it's uncovered.

• Love 9

I got so damn tired of Phyl talking and being so brain dead stupid. Why was she even there? And Sharon being a PHD psychiatrist? Please. She was so enthusiastic about the “Girls Night Having Fun!!!”. I did like Vic telling her story and that was the best acting I’ve seen from AH in years although she went on way too long saying she was weak and didn’t want Mommy and Daddy thinking she was weak-wah, wah, wah. If I’d been Nikki seeing my daughter being attacked by a man, I’d have hit him more than once! Maybe 10-12 times. Good for her. That was justifiable according to the law. What they did afterwards, I don’t know yet but whatever it was, I’m in favor. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

GOLD! bannana, fucking gold! 

Victor trying to tell Nick about JT was funnier than the rom com. Victor must have been thinking, "Why couldn't one of my smarter children be here even dimwit Abby?"

• Love 10

Minor point:  I've been enjoying that Noah in Mumbai seems unable to muster up even one fuck to give that Grampire is stroked out in the hospital.  We hear about tearful Dummer, depressed Faith, but Noah?  Nada.

I'm finally appreciating the man he's become.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Victor trying to tell Nick about JT was funnier than the rom com. Victor must have been thinking, "Why couldn't one of my smarter children be here even dimwit Abby?"

This was actually the comedy master class, although I don’t think Young intended it to be funny. I think this was actually meant to be dramatic. Hahaha. Some of Victor’s best work, honestly.

It’s nice that Phyllis didn’t bother to consider JT’s three children. No, she had a ladyboner to dispose of a body and nobody gets between Phyllis and her gangster lifestyle. Paul is incompetent, but he’s not a Nickesque black hole where intelligence is sucked out of the universe and never seen again. Nikki was defending her daughter and there are witnesses. The cover up is completely unnecessary except that Young wants to rip off some TV show. 

• Love 16
17 hours ago, bannana said:

So these fools are going hide a dead body, Reed's father, because PHYLLIS SAYS SO? 

Well, Phyllis does have experience. Of course, she might have forgotten how well that worked out for her and Kev back a few years ago.

This is complete ludicrous bullshit! JT was physically attacking Victoria. The group burst into a CRIME SCENE in action to stop the attacker from beating his victim to death, for fuck sake. Nikki was defending the victim and was not intending to knock JT into kingdom come. These idiots had absolutely no need to hide the body. All they needed to have done was to pick up the damn phone and call 911. Let the paramedics arrive whether "it's too late" or not. One of them could at least have pretended to use CPR on JT until the medical responders arrived, but NOOOO, they have to go into full on panic mode and devolve into a roomful of five year olds. Nikki inadvertently killed JT in an act that the law calls justifiable homicide. Defending oneself or another in defense is not premeditated murder. Just call the 911 dispatcher and let the responders and the police sort it out. And besides, how does anyone know that he didn't have a heart attack in the midst of the attack? That's probably what killed the ratfucker anyway. When Paulie Tightpockets finds JT's dead body in the dumpster and ME has autopsied him, I'll betcha that's what's going to be the  COD. The ME will make the determination that the head trauma was not sufficient to have caused his death, but the myocardial infarc was. And JT has had preexisting heart problems since he was electrocuted about five years ago. Everyone knows that and his medical records are proof of that.

I haven't seen or read BLL, but if that show is standup stupid as this vapid drivel, I'll pass. It doesn't seem I've missed anything.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 21
17 hours ago, bannana said:

Sharon says they are purging Vic's closet to help her start a new chapter in her life.  Mariah says she would like some designer hand me downs. 

Mal must have been flashing back to Carrie Brandshaw's purge of her wardrobe when she was going to move out of her flat when she was getting married to Big in the SATC movie. Funny. I liked that film. It's a shame that I can't whip up any fucks to give for Mal's dreck.

• Love 2

Phyllis wouldn't suggest Hide A Body in this case. Why would she go this far to help Nikki? She didn't do anything wrong. She was standing there and watched so this is a Newman problem. I'd believe it if she were still with Nick and protecting her fambly but she's all about Biwwy now. And anyways what about TeamJack? Wouldn't she want Vicki to call the cops right away and tell them JT tried to kill Victor in order to free Jack? Why would she HIDE A BODY for the family that told her to stop going after poor Victor for the Marco rapes?

I guess we are to believe Phyllis would protect Nikki because Victoria told her about her abusive relationship and she's all #GirlPower now. Please. I hate MS and much prefer GT but I do think Stafford would have been a better Phyllis during the past two days' scenes, no matter the writing -- rolling her eyes and mugging for attention while Vicki told her sad tale. Phyllis is selfish, self-absorbed and quite insane. And SHE IS NOT TEAM GIRL. She doesn't go out of her way to help other women for no reason.

More Mal bullshit.

But I really really really want to watch the master class of Nick and Victor. Thank you @bannana for the fantastic and detailed recaps. I was laughing out loud.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I haven't seen or read BLL, but if that show is standup stupid as this vapid drivel, I'll pass. It doesn't seem I've missed anything.

Don't let this sour you on Big Little Lies.  Both book and series were very good, though the series deviates from the book in noticable ways.  In any case, BLL is good in both formats.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, boes said:

Don't let this sour you on Big Little Lies.  Both book and series were very good, though the series deviates from the book in noticable ways.  In any case, BLL is good in both formats.

I agree!  @Toomuchsoap, Mal has plagiarized from BLL but it is in no way like Mal's work.  I haven't read the book, but I agree with @boes, the series was very good.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, bannana said:

Are they really going to listen to crackpot Phyllis?  Apparently they are.  Phyllis says, we are not calling the cops. 

I wish just once on a soap that when a person makes a bullying declaration of "I said we are NOT (fill in the blank with whatever action)!" that someone in the group would totally ignore it and do exactly what they are being ordered not to do in front of the bully.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, crowsworks said:
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, bannana said:

Mariah says she would like some designer hand me downs. 

in what universe does girl fit into a size -000

That never occurred to me, I was thinking Mariah wanted Vic's shoes and or bags!

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:13 PM, babyhouseman said:

LOL

I feel out of the loop, I never heard of BLL.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wish just once on a soap that when a person makes a bullying declaration of "I said we are NOT (fill in the blank with whatever action)!" that someone in the group would totally ignore it and do exactly what they are being ordered not to do in front of the bully.

LOL  well, if it counts, sharon went against phyl when phyl said DO NOT TELL NICK and that is precisely what she did, she told nick can wasn't his spawn afterall and that he was adam's..

• Love 5
1 minute ago, valleycliffe said:

LOL  well, if it counts, sharon went against phyl when phyl said DO NOT TELL NICK and that is precisely what she did, she told nick can wasn't his spawn afterall and that he was adam's..

That is true, and she was the only one who really wanted to call 911/the cops.  Vic did at first but I think she got talked out of it by Nikki, who suddenly thinks that Paul has it in for her.

Sharon could have told Paul when he was at the house though.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

Yep, that counts, at least it's something :)  Plus the scene made me laugh...wasn't that when Sharon kinda shoved Phyllis out of the way & into a table at the coffee house?

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:33 PM, boes said:

I ordered a copy of the book last week, Boes, as a matter of fact. More often than not, I prefer the books to the movies anyway. Gotta say, though, I absolutely loved Baz Lurman's Gatsby and the most recent production of Far From the Madding Crowd with Carrey Mulligan and Matthias Schoernaerts. Those two movies were the quintessence of the novels. Hmm, also Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train were really sound adaptations of those books.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3

It's the same night in GC.  And this is one annoying and lame episode.

Nick is still at the hospital and gets a call from Mariah, who has seen the news about JT on TV.  Nick tells her that Prick told him JT did it.  Mariah says she is worried about Sharon because she is with Vic.  She explains that Vic and JT broke up and Sharon threw her a break up party to cheer her up.  Mariah has tried calling Sharon and Vic but no one is answering.  She is worried that JT might show up.  Nick says he is heading to Vic's right now.

At Vic's house, drill sergeant Phyllis is in charge of pissing everyone off.  Vic is kneeling beside JT, upset and doesn't want to get into discussing body removal methods.  She says he deserves a decent burial, he is Reed's father.  Phyllis tells Vic they don't have time to be sentimental and Drinki tells her not to talk to Vic like that, it was rude and insensitive. Phyllis says there is a corpse they need to dispose of.  Sharon asks Vic what she is thinking.  Vic says she doesn't have a lot of experience with this kind of thing.  Phyllis shrieks:  use your imagination, come on!  Sharon tells Phyllis she is the one with the repertoire of dirty tricks, and Phyllis barks at her.  Drinki says they are four intelligent women (!!) with a problem in front of them, and says, let's solve it.  Vic says they all did this and they are going to fix it together.  Wait a minute, Vic, they didn't all do this.  

At the squad room, Cricket tells Jack that they identified JT as the owner of the blood found at the Ranch.

Now the girls are discussing their options.  Sharon says the ground is still frozen, it would take forever to dig a hole.  Everyone would know they were missing for that long time.  Drinki suggests dropping him off at the ER. Sharon says there would be cameras everywhere.  Vic forcefully says, we are not dumping him, I mean it.  Okay, Vic, you sound like you are not really in this plan yet you went along with it anyways.  Drinki says that Sharon is right about the frozen ground, they have to be realistic about their abilities.  Phyllis suggests finding someone with a backhoe, and Sharon says they cannot bring anyone else into this.  She suggests Lake Michigan.  Phyllis says he will float to the top eventually, and Sharon is annoyed, and says of course they have to weigh him down, and Phyllis says, with what, pebbles and moonbeams? She says, where are they going to get a boat at this time of night, they would have to steal it, and Sharon says, maybe they have to.  Phyllis says boats require keys, unless it's a rowboat.  Sharon says, that could work.  Phyllis objects to the idea of a row boat on Lake Michigan when it is pitch black, saying and then they have to try to pitch the body over the side without falling in.  Phyllis says to Sharon: Einstein, you go ahead and let us know how it works out.  Sharon says Phyllis should come up with a plan instead of ridiculing all her ideas.  Phyllis says, only the bad ones, which have really been all of them.  Boy, I wish Drinki would use that fire poker on Phyllis.  Drinki comes up with the solution.  She says it wouldn't take a lot of effort because there is already a hole dug up, and they can do it quickly and clean up.  She is talking about the garden at Chancellor park.

In the squad room, Jack is cranky even though he has just been told he has been cleared.  Cricket gives him ice for the bruising from the handcuffs and he says no thanks, he will take pics for the lawsuit.  She says she is sorry about all of this but he is in part responsible for stealing the drive from Prick.  She tells him Paul is out searching for JT.  She says wherever JT is, they will find him.

Drinki explains that landscapers had done some work preparing for the garden.  She says it is lightly packed dirt, and that they would be able to dig it up easily and go deep enough that he won't be found.  And then they cover him up with the dirt and no one will be the wiser.  Then the landscapers would plant the flowers and no one would know.  Sharon says it will be a quiet resting place.  Vic agrees.  Phyllis says it is not going to be easy getting JT out of there.  Later we get a scene of Drinki and Vic carrying a rug down the hall.  Apparently it was in the attic so no one will notice it is missing.  Vic says it will look they are  moving a rug not a body.  Sharon says, at night?  Later, the girls are on the stairs struggling to move JT's body down the stairs, and Phyllis is griping about how much JT weighs.  Vic tells Drinki to get the fireplace poker and JT's phone.  Nick is at the front door knocking, saying, Vic, let me in.

Jack wonders why JT would do such a thing, he's got a great job at Newman, he is with Victoria.  Cricket says she has learned just about everyone can be compelled to commit murder.  He then goes to leave, and Cricket tells him he cannot go, that is not the way it works.  He has to wait till tomorrow for a judge to release him.  Jack is pissed, wants Cricket to call in a favour.  She says her hands are tied.  He calls Mikey, who confirms that nothing can be done.

Nick keeps knocking and says he is not leaving until she opens the door.  She finally opens the door and the girls are all there in the living room, with no body in sight.  Nick is upset, why aren't they answering their phones?  They say they were having cocktails and gossiping, and it was a phone free zone.  Nick tells them that Prick was able to speak and that he id'ed JT as the person who pushed him down the stairs.  He actually says they had a big fight, JT attacked him, pushed him down the stairs and left him for dead, which isn't what Prick said.  But when Drinki presses him on that, asking how could Prick says all those words, he admits he just id'ed JT and Nick filled in the rest. Victoria and the rest of them act completely shocked.  Nick wants to know why JT and Prick would be in a fight and Vic says they never got along. Nick wants to know if they heard from JT.  Phyllis tells him the engagement is off.  Vic says they broke up, it was mutual, they just realized it wasn't going to work out.  Nick says she dodged a bullet.  Nick is worried about JT showing up and starts walking through the house and Vic asks him where he is going.  He says he is not leaving until the police find that bastard, and the girls look worried.  So Vic's reaction to Nick's news about JT was kind of suspicious.  She should have been in denial, or else be outraged.  It was pretty much, how could I not know?

Later Nick says he has walked the entire property and it is all good.  WTF did they put the body?  Nick tells them he is going to stay and protect them.  Vic says he doesn't need to, she has her crew.  Hah!  Sharon wants him to go take care of Mariah's hangover.  He says Mariah is feeling rough but her life is not in danger.  Phyllis fakes being on the phone with Paul, and says that he is sending a squad car to protect them.  Drinki says they will all be fine.  Vic says she is still wrapping her head around things.  He says he is sorry, but that she is better off without JT, and finally Nick leaves.  Then they are dragging the body out of the house through the patio doors.  It was laying there the whole time Nick was in the house.

Nick is at Sharon's with Mariah tending to her hangover.  He tells her he felt that the girls were acting strangely, wanting to get him out of there.  Mariah says she felt the same way, that Sharon pushed her out the door.  She says she passed out for a while at Vic's  house, and when she woke up it didn't seem like a party anymore.  Nick says he is going to see Vic tomorrow and press her for answers about why she and JT really split up.

The girls are now at Chancellor Park dragging JT to what looks to be an actual grave.  They  didn't have to dig a hole at all.  Phyllis and Sharon bicker some more and then they roll his body into the hole.  Phyllis tells Vic they can't leave the rug in the hole, and that she cannot take it home with her either.  Vic says she will figure out a way to get rid of it.  They hear sirens in the distance.  Phyllis wants to finish the job and grabs the shovel, but Vic says she should be the one to do it.  And she throws a shovel full of dirt on the camera.  So I guess they really do bury him, and if he is alive, that would be quite the feat for a guy with a bad ticker to dig out of there.  It's a deep hole.  They didn't mention the fire poker or his phone again, but the phone is certainly traceable.

Jack is still pleading with Cricket to let him out.  He is freaking out.  She says he will be out in 12 hours, and he says his son is in town.  She thinks he wants to spend time with Kyle, but we know he is freaking out at what Kyle is doing to his company.

There was a whole other boring storyline with Hil and Devon:

Devon and Tessa are working late at HWG, as is Hil.  She wants to pitch some ideas to him, and he tells her to set up a meeting for tomorrow, he has other plans right now.  She persists, and wants to know who he is meeting with.  Of course, it is Simone.  He tells her she can pitch her ideas to Tessa, and she balks.  

Tessa and Hil are at the GCAC having dinner, and Hil is still pissy about having to deal with Tessa.  Devon and Simone arrive and sit at the bar.  Devon is explaining to Simone that he has made things clear with Hil.  Hil overhears and is furious with him for talking about her.  He steps away from Simone and tries to talk to Hil.  She falls down.  She concludes she must be preggers, and he thinks she is gaming him.  She is outraged that he is ruining her memory of finding out she is preggers, that it is now stained with the baby daddy denying it, and wanting to get back to boozing with his girlfriend.  Simone is not impressed by Hil and says, melodramatic much?  Hil rages at Simone.

Devon drags Hil toward the stairs, and says they have an agreement, and she says that he better figure out that if she is preggers, she will be in his life for 18 years.  He regrets getting involved in this mess.  She becomes unhinged, shouting about this mess, and saying that includes him sleeping with her twice while Simone was out of town.  He tells her that Lily was right, she is not good for him or for anyone.  She screams that she doesn't care what Lily thinks.  And Neil walks in and says they are both out of line.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

So much for the Great Hilary Redemption arc.

If this is hormonal Hilary, I think we should her and Phyllis in the cage in Prick's basement, cause they are both positively feral at this point.  Whatever happened to fabulous bitches, like Dorian Lord?  Or Alexis Carrington?

Back to the JT nonsense, if he is really and truly dead, is everyone going to assume that he just left town after his heart to heart with Cane?  And disappeared into the ether never to have contact with his children ever again?

I don't think Tracy, or even Mac, would be very impressed by what the girls club did with his body.  But other than that, when this gets found out, everyone will be all, he tried to kill Pricktor.  He deserved it.  JT gets more condemnation than Prick ever has for his heinous crimes.

And this reminds me of that terrible storyline where Jack woke up with the dead girl who od'ed.  I think Adam helped him dispose of the body.  Did that ever come out?

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, bannana said:

And this reminds me of that terrible storyline where Jack woke up with the dead girl who od'ed.  I think Adam helped him dispose of the body.  Did that ever come out?

I always thought that would have made a great storyline - she was a congressman's daughter turned crack ho - have the congressman come after Jack and Adam and Victor. They did a short Adam takes a bullet for Victor wasting the whole set-up. 

2 hours ago, bannana said:

Vic says she doesn't have a lot of experience with this kind of thing.  Phyllis shrieks:  use your imagination, come on!  Sharon tells Phyllis she is the one with the repertoire of dirty tricks, and Phyllis barks at her.

Phyll then jumps through a hoop then poops on the floor - dirty tricks indeed.

• Love 8