Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, boes said:

Answer:  Billy Abbott.  Who we currently are oppressed by bears little resemblance to the character I liked.

Hillary has never, other than a few episodes of fleeting regret, been anything other than a variation on a theme of constant vengeance and delusional self entitlement.  No worries about her trumpeting her "strengths" and her "troubles", she never shuts up about them.  If self pity was an Olympic sport, she'd be covered in gold. With the obvious exception of what Kneel did to her.

Her character hasn't suffered any "assassination" that I can see - she's pretty much now what she's always been since her introduction.  

No need for justification in "hating" her that I can see.  She's acting pretty much like she was introduced.  Your Hillary seems more like a wish list of what might have been but never was.

Hilary was redeemed after her entrance story for 2 full years. That was not a figment of my imagination. Lol. 

There was dialogue in the script discussing how she was different after the medicine Neville gave her. That's also when everyone started raving about how great a bitch Mishael Morgan played. I guess she played it too well and the show decided to keep it. 

The actress also did an interview in SID  when she came back from her maternity leave (Hilary's kidnapping and coma) explaining how the writers were going to try something new with her character. I almost feel gaslit right now when you tell me that Hilary was always written this way when I know she was not.  Lol. I also don't get why admitting she's been crapped on is such a big deal. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DivaT said:

Dr Neville and Ashley went to Devon about funding Neville's research in some start up. He originally said no but Hilary convinced him to do it because she felt grateful and thought others could use the same "miracle". Ashley and Hilary were both running it but they bumped heads. Devon told them to work it out. They couldn't. But for some reason, Devon chose ashley to run it. She became sick. Hillary found out she was sick and used the knowledge to blackmail her to step down because she could no longer do the job due to being too tired and falling  asleep at her desk (that literally happened..lol). Hillary then became the villain so that we all could root for Ashley to regain her place in running Devon's company. 

You know, I don’t remember that at all...but to be fair, like Ashley’s brain tumour, the storyline probably played out in about three days!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Capricasix said:

You know, I don’t remember that at all...but to be fair, like Ashley’s brain tumour, the storyline probably played out in about three days!

You probably don't recall because it was such a stupid storyline.  Lol 

• Love 7

Well, let me rephrase. Most Hilary fans. At least those who watch and, in general, want all characters to have motivation that makes sense. Something other than being, in general, mean and evil for no real reason. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Well, I’m a Hilary fan and it bothers me not at all to see her written as a villain. MM does it with style. Guess I shouldn’t wait by the mailbox for my fan club invitation. 

Yep, let her be the Erica Kane of Genoa City.  It worked for Susan Lucci for 40 years.

Dr Neville and Ashley went to Devon about funding Neville's research in some start up. He originally said no but Hilary convinced him to do it because she felt grateful and thought others could use the same "miracle". Ashley and Hilary were both running it but they bumped heads. Devon told them to work it out. They couldn't. But for some reason, Devon chose ashley to run it. She became sick. Hillary found out she was sick and used the knowledge to blackmail her to step down because she could no longer do the job due to being too tired and falling  asleep at her desk (that literally happened..lol). Hillary then became the villain so that we all could root for Ashley to regain her place in running Devon's company. 

Seems to me that blackmailing a woman with a brain tumor to take her job means you're the villain going in, not becoming one after the fact.  Even with that, I don't think I rooted for Ashley to do anything ever but tone it down.  

Ahhh, Dr. Neville.....wish he was still around.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12
On 2/25/2018 at 10:44 AM, peacheslatour said:

I don't know who I hate more but when Hilary has scenes with either of them it almost make them seem human compared to her. When Butt and Phyllis have scenes with anyone else they are just as awful as always.

Y'all can sit with me. Hilary couldn't leave this show fast enough. Even as a villian, I don't even love to hate her. It's just hate. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, DivaT said:

Hilary was redeemed after her entrance story for 2 full years. That was not a figment of my imagination. Lol. 

There was dialogue in the script discussing how she was different after the medicine Neville gave her. That's also when everyone started raving about how great a bitch Mishael Morgan played. I guess she played it too well and the show decided to keep it. 

The actress also did an interview in SID  when she came back from her maternity leave (Hilary's kidnapping and coma) explaining how the writers were going to try something new with her character. I almost feel gaslit right now when you tell me that Hilary was always written this way when I know she was not.  Lol. I also don't get why admitting she's been crapped on is such a big deal. 

Not a big deal either way, for me.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DivaT said:

@DivaT  Thank you, I had completely forgotten that storyline, and what is worse, I probably recapped it!

4 hours ago, boes said:

Yep, let her be the Erica Kane of Genoa City.  It worked for Susan Lucci for 40 years.

Seems to me that blackmailing a woman with a brain tumor to take her job means you're the villain going in, not becoming one after thefact.  Even with that, I don't think I rooted for Ashley to do anything ever but tone it down.  

Ahhh, Dr. Neville.....wish he was still around.

@boes I have always thought of Hilary as being this show's Erica Kane.  All of her narcissism, delusions of grandeur, manipulations, and general bitchiness.  And every now and then some vulnerability.  But as soon as you start to empathize with her, she kicks you in the shins.  Or, in Mariah's case, she trips you on live television.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, bannana said:

@DivaT  Thank you, I had completely forgotten that storyline, and what is worse, I probably recapped it!

@boes I have always thought of Hilary as being this show's Erica Kane.  All of her narcissism, delusions of grandeur, manipulations, and general bitchiness.  And every now and then some vulnerability.  But as soon as you start to empathize with her, she kicks you in the shins.  Or, in Mariah's case, she trips you on live television.

Yeah, I can Kind of see her as the Erica Kane type but Susan Lucci could project warmth, giddiness and a sense of humor. I don't get that from Hillary.

• Love 9

I kind of skim watched today/listened instead of watching.

• Sharon tells Nick the truth about Christian!  This comes after excessive bullying, haranguing and physical assault from Phyllis.  In fact, Nick is at CL with both of them, and Phyllis tries to convince Nick that Sharon is a blithering idiot and needs to get back to the hospital, and physically tries to drag her out of CL.  Sharon pushes her off and then tells Nick that he is not Christian's father, that Adam is.
  • Earlier there was some romcom stuff with Philly at Jack's apt.  She wants him to give her something to blackmail Sharon with, but he is not cooperating.
  • Mac is suing for sole custody of her children with JT.  He is upset and figures it is because he moved in with Vic. Vic wants to talk to him about it, but he is not very cooperative.  She then pumps Reed for info, and even calls Mac (after Drinki told her that was a bad idea) and leaves her a message that she wants to talk woman to woman.  That should help!  JT is pissed at Vic for going rogue, and that is just about her talking to Reed; he doesn't know about the call to Mac yet.  There seem to be some anvils here with everyone saying Mac is not a spiteful person and wouldn't do this to JT, implying he did something in the marriage to cause her to sue for custody.  BTW, JT is really not a likeable guy, so what the heck does Vic see in him?
  • Prick has a weird visit with Phyllis which is to tell her she needs to cooperate with him, and convince Nick to do ... something.  I already forgot.  It was an odd convo.  He thanks her for alerting the Newmans about Chelz' crimes.
  • Earlier, also, Drinki visits Nick where she learns that Nick may not be able to stay in the penthouse, because it is Chelsea's; plus that Christine may want to keep it as an active crime scene?  Drinki encourages  Nick to move back to the tacky house, but he doesn't want to be Prick's tenant.
  • Love 13
54 minutes ago, bannana said:

Prick has a weird visit with Phyllis which is to tell her she needs to cooperate with him, and convince Nick to do ... something.  I already forgot. 

oh, turd wants phyl to let nick know how helpful he and nikki can be during this time....guessing he wants unlimited access to can..

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

thank you bannana....

so happy sharon told nick he's not can's daddy and that adam is.

phyl the pit viper, surprised she doesn't spit..

Remember that little dino in Jurassic Park? The one that spit venom into Wayne Knight's eyes? That what Phillis reminds me of.

• Love 13
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

Well, I’m a Hilary fan and it bothers me not at all to see her written as a villain. MM does it with style. Guess I shouldn’t wait by the mailbox for my fan club invitation. 

We're in agreement Ninja. I think every soap needs a full-on villain(ess). And in Hilary's case, she's not a shrew all of the time. She actually reminds me of Jill back in the days of Brenda Dickson. Jill started out as a sensitive young woman who went to the dark(er) side following the death of her lover at the hands of Katherine (who took Drivers' Ed from Toonces the Cat). I'll admit to really preferring Jess Walton's portrayal of Jill (and she's had her moments too), but Dickson's run was indelible IMO. And in my opinion, Mishael Morgan is of their ilk. She's far and away the best actor on the show right now (though Camryn Grimes is nipping at her heels and in a more forgiving role).

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, bannana said:

That's right,  he would have to live amongst Abby's belongings!

Well, I'm not sure Abby didn't have the help just unpack the boxes from the tackhouse that Turd moved out when he gave Dickolas the boot. It's probably the same stuff Nick's been using all along. I don't remember anything specifically about the scenes when Abby was being tooled around by Whatshisname to notice whether her interior was any different from her brother's.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3

LOL  y'all know how big a sharon/shick fan i am and today made me extremely happy.

i didn't want to take away from bannana's recap BUT....

nick apologized to sharon for the way he took can away from sharon and realizes she was a victim....

they tell each other how they missed each other..

nick at the hospital gets results of dna test and it CONFIRMS adam is the daddy and he is crushed.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

LOL  y'all know how big a sharon/shick fan i am and today made me extremely happy.

i didn't want to take away from bannana's recap BUT....

nick apologized to sharon for the way he took can away from sharon and realizes she was a victim....

they tell each other how they missed each other..

nick at the hospital gets results of dna test and it CONFIRMS adam is the daddy and he is crushed.

@valleycliffe, thanks, you are never taking away from my recaps, plus I am pretty inconsistent at doing them.  Today, I went to see Black Panther, and boy was that fabulous.  I did skim watch parts of Show today, and here is a short recap:

• I thought the way they approached Nick's reaction was quite unexpected.  He was kind of sombre and calm when trying to get the story out of Sharon and Phyllis.  He admitted (and I had forgotten about this) that Sage didn't know if Adam or Nick was the father.  And that they did a DNA test.  Nick goes to the hospital to get a DNA test, and Sharon intuits that is where he has gone and shows up there to provide support.  It was here that they had some good heart to heart conversations about Sharon's loss of Sully, her heartbreak, and he even conceded that she was a victim too; she was drugged, and I think he may have said tortured, all because crazy doc wanted to get back at Nick for what he had done.  So that convo was long overdue.  Of course, it is also a big setup for Shick to reconnect, and then Sharon gets to raise Christian again.  Elsewhere, Phyllis tells Billy that they have to keep this secret from Prick.  Oh, Phyllis, you amateur.  The DNA test confirms that he is not the daddy.
  • Corporate schemers Vic and Jack are so smooth that they meet in public at the GCAC bar to discuss their plot, and even openly toast each other.  Jack assures Vic that he is on the case, he has done an interview where he let info slip that will suggest he got insider info from Ash.  Vic openly takes glee in anticipating the moment when Prick fires Ash.  Of course, Ash walks in and sees them deep in conversation and is suspicious.  They cover.  Vic leaves, and Ash wants to know what they were talking about.
  • Hilary and Mariah have a bit of a heart to heart, but I missed most of it.  The main thing was Hil thinks that there was hope for her and Devon but not anymore, he is done with her.  Devon shows up before the taping and wants to see the changes he requested, so he is there to watch.  Suddenly Hilary says to Mariah she needs to leave and do something and that she will be back.  She doesn't return, Devon is pissed, and he tells Mariah to host the show.  Mariah reluctantly steps in, and apparently does a great job, leading Devon to conclude that Hilary is not indispensable.  Uh oh.
  • Love 14

Of course, it is also a big setup for Shick to reconnect, and then Sharon gets to raise Christian again.  Elsewhere, Phyllis tells Billy that they have to keep this secret from Prick. 

Oh those fools. Prick won't be content to let Sharon raise HIS GRANDSON!!! Fambly!!! Nope, get ready for a custody/Sharon gutting/Nick robbing/Nikki waffleing/ custody battle where All Pricks crimes will be conveeeeniently forgotten. The judge gives the kid to Philly cuz they're such roll 'in the hay' models.

And Great Parents!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Oh those fools. Prick won't be content to let Sharon raise HIS GRANDSON!!! Fambly!!! Nope, get ready for a custody/Sharon gutting/Nick robbing/Nikki waffleing/ custody battle where All Pricks crimes will be conveeeeniently forgotten. The judge gives the kid to Philly cuz they're such roll 'in the hay' models.

And Great Parents!

i just vomited.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, crowsworks said:

And Great Parents!

I'd like to think this would be all but impossible. I'd like to believe that. I'd like to believe that I just won the Publishers Clearinghouse Five Million Dollar Sweepstakes for Life too, but I realize that's less likely than your scenario playing out onscreen in the near future. MY is frantically trying to make something work, so I fully believe that he's planning on pulling the rug out from under this couple in some fashion or other. I think it might be dawning on him that Philly isn't the engine that's driving Y&R, or at least in the way he'd like them to and desperately hoped they would. So, he's planning on creating another fairy-dusted couple in the (vain) hope that they'll satisfy the viewers' craving. Unfortunately, about as many people don't like this pairing of Sharon & Nick as do like them. Those aren't the best odds. They're no longer cute. They're both too long in the tooth for that kind Pollyanna's Playhouse *magic*. I think MY is too much of a jaded show business veteran to really believe that setting up this happily ever after scenario is going to generate enough eyeballs on the show to drive up the ratings, so he's putting together dynamics that are going to cause pretty near-term fiascos. We're already watching Billy warning Phyllis about her obsession about "protecting" Nick. Phyl is so up in Sharon's and Nick's business now that it's going to pose problems for her. And, soon Mac - Billy's long lost star-crossed love - is going to be arriving in town and back into not only JT's and Victoria's life, but in Philly's orbit as well. He's setting up a three-couple set of rotating domestic disasters. All that's needed in the volatile mix is Turd, who will be only too eager to get his claws on his grandspawn to harelip his son and his detested former daughter-in-law/wife. Good times.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 13
On 2/26/2018 at 2:21 PM, bannana said:

Yes, you did recap it. Quite brilliantly as you always do. Thanks for doing those recaps. Always fun to get your take on it. 

• Love 5

I admit Maldavian hijinks are so confusing that I'm probably zoning out more than usual lately. And the fact that "playing the beats" is a concept MY leaves to his musician wife, in all likelihood.

But...nothing to say, folks? I do get it, believe me.

However, MTS is looking fantastic lately--frankly she looked better than GT/Phyllis in their bizarro-world interchange of gratitude over SACRED BANANA BOY and SACRED GRANDCHILD. [All-caps to signal irony and my personal distaste for this plot-line.] Oh, and UO Alert: I don't find the kid(s) playing Christian cute--seems a bit dull to me and the doughy cheeks don't do it for me. Pretend you didn't read that if you must.

And Mal, thanks for telegraphing Nick's return to the fold--although using the word "fold" here in the vicinity of Victor does set off some ugly mental images... Nick's never had much of a spine, and frankly believing that he's suddenly going to grow one like an HR Geiger monster is pushing it, Mal.

Not sure I recall much else, except Mom Grifter showing up and looking to make rent money. Sorta fun.

• Love 11

sharon invited nick to move into her guestroom in the cottage and he declined.

then he watched a video chelz sent him by way of anita.  he paid her by giving her chelz wedding rings.  anita said they weren't worth $25,000 or something like that...what?  i figured the rings nick gives out would be worth way more but whatever, maybe he didn't think chelz was worth splurging on...

after watching video, nick goes to cl and tells sharon he accepts her offer...

I AM SO HAPPY.....

sharon will now have can back in her life and she loves that little boy...

i know it won't happen but i can't help but wish he could somehow remember when sharon was his mommy.

• Love 7

This Show.  Wow.

• Victoria and JT.  Here's what I think now.  He is emotionally abusive and this is why Mac left  him.  There is no other excuse for the exchanges he had with his lover today.  He goes after her for being controlling, a Newman, not having his back, not respecting him, being paranoid and insecure.  He pushes all of her buttons both at home and then at work.  If any man spoke to me like that, he would be gone baby gone.  And instead of having Vic react like we would expect her to, she is emotionally beaten down.  It seems like he is doing this quite intentionally, but I don't think it is part of the secret investigation he is doing on Prick and Newman.
  • At Newman, Ash is happy about her acquisition, as is Prick, and Vic feebly pretends to be supportive.  Prick says now that they are working together so well, they are his dream team.  Victoria seethes.  Later she talks to Jack on the phone and he says their plan is on track.  Then JT arrives and she bitches about Ash.  JT says he saw Ash and Prick in the break room, and Prick looked happy.  Vic wants to know if they were talking about her, and this is where he demeans her, tells her she is overreacting, and even tells her that people are talking about her insecurity, and that she is not very COO-like.  He says that if she was this paranoid when negotiating the deal, it is no wonder they had Ashley pursue it instead.  Vic looks cowed.  She tries to defend herself and says she cannot believe anyone would think she is paranoid. He says she has always been that way, and tells her he loves her brilliant, charismatic and complicated mind.
  • Over at Chelsea's place, Anita is trying to sell Nick a video that Chelz did for Christian.  Which he is supposed to get when he turns 18.  But Anita has rent to pay, so here she is.  Nick reminds her that he gave away his trust fund and doesn't have $25,000.  He offers her the engagement ring, and at first she balks, but he assures her it is worth a lot of dough.  She takes the ring and leaves.  Sharon swings by and suggests that Nick move in with her, Faith and Mariah.  He doesn't scoff at the idea, but says he has to figure things out for himself.  Later he watches the video, and Chelz tells Christian that she loves him, that Nick is not his father, that she wanted to take him with her, because he is Connor's brother, but she couldn't take him away from Nick, and that Sage knew that Adam was his father.  That Adam changed the DNA test because he didn't want to wreck his thing with Chelz.  And that he was okay with Nick raising his son.  What Chelz doesn't say is that Prick was in on the secret and threatened Chelz with it.  Later he bumps into Jack who tells him that living under the same roof with Ash is helping them face their problems.  
  • At GC Buzz, Hil refuses to tell Devon where she was when she missed the show.  She says it will never happen again.  He says he accepts her previously offered resignation, but she says she doesn't want to resign.  Later Tessa arrives and asks what the tension is all about and Mariah explains that Devon wants her to host the show.  Tessa is super excited, and Hilary explodes and tells Devon she doesn't want to leave, and she thought that he would understand that about her.
  • At CL tells Mariah that she invited Nick and Christian to move in, and Mariah says that would have been a disaster.  She thinks that having Christian living with her would stir up some issues.  Later Nick shows up at CL and tells Sharon about the video, and tells her he wants to move in with her.
  • Tessa and Devon are still at GC Buzz.  A young woman shows up looking for Hil and tells Devon that Hil is her mentor, that her brother OD'ed, and that Hil dropped everything until they knew he was okay.  She says that her brother has to go to rehab and Hil is paying for it.  I couldn't tell if this was a true story or if Hil hired her to go say these things to Devon.  Later Devon finds Hil at GCAC bar, she tells him about her new found humanitarian efforts.  He wants to know why she didn't tell him and she says she was protecting her privacy.  This sounds mighty suspicious to me.  But Devon is buying it.  She wants to know if he forgives her, and he says she needs to get forgiveness from Lane.  He tells her she is still part of the HWG.  She wants to know where they stand personally and he says no go.
  • Ash arrives home and tells Jack that she has something to celebrate but she cannot tell him what it is.  He tries to probe, but she won't reveal it, saying he will know soon enough.  The get a video call from Dina who is terribly distressed. She was on a train with her nurse, but now she cannot find her.  Ash calls Abby who tells her that Dina was supposed to be on a trip to Bordeaux to visit a friend and that they got separated.  Jack tells Dina to find someone to help her, anyone dressed in a uniform.  Jack loses the connection and cannot reach Dina again, and Jack and Ash hug as they are terrified for Dina.
  • Love 16

FYI, MY mentioned Hilary taking someone under her wings in the new SID. So, no it's not a scheme by Hilary with this girl. 

I'm eternally grateful that Devon has egg on his face. He's been unnecesarily cruel. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DivaT said:

FYI, MY mentioned Hilary taking someone under her wings in the new SID. So, no it's not a scheme by Hilary with this girl. 

I'm eternally grateful that Devon has egg on his face. He's been unnecesarily cruel. 

@DivaT, thanks for that info.  I thought it would be quite a shitty thing for Hilary to do, to set up this scenario to impress Devon.  Glad to hear that is not the case.  Hilary really does have a humanitarian bone in her body!

• Love 5
(edited)
24 minutes ago, bannana said:

@DivaT, thanks for that info.  I thought it would be quite a shitty thing for Hilary to do, to set up this scenario to impress Devon.  Glad to hear that is not the case.  Hilary really does have a humanitarian bone in her body!

The lady (Hilary) is trying. Lol

I think they realized they screwed her over. This feels like Operation Endear Hilary to the Audience. Wonder how far MY will go? Will she be blinded then save the horses from a barn fire on the Newman Ranch?  

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 7

Really? Nick and Sharon are going to live together? That won't be awkward at all. I don't know who to be more annoyed with, Sharon for suggesting the stupid idea or Nick for accepting. Especially since the giant mooch has probably never paid rent in his life. It's easier for Nick just to move in with all the wimmens than to actually get his own place.

I hope Dina is okay.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Really? Nick and Sharon are going to live together? That won't be awkward at all. I don't know who to be more annoyed with, Sharon for suggesting the stupid idea or Nick for accepting. Especially since the giant mooch has probably never paid rent in his life. It's easier for Nick just to move in with all the wimmens than to actually get his own place.

I hope Dina is okay.

I thought they would at least wait till Prick makes a grab for the kid and they were FORCED to shack up....

• Love 9
3 hours ago, DivaT said:

The lady (Hilary) is trying. Lol

I think they realized they screwed her over. This feels like Operation Endear Hilary to the Audience. Wonder how far MY will go? Will she be blinded then save the horses from a barn fire on the Newman Ranch?  

If she kills Victor and defangs Ashley while burying Cane alive, all is forgiven.

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, boes said:

If she kills Victor and defangs Ashley while burying Cane alive, all is forgiven.

Give her until Christmas...she'll even throw in some charm for Abby!  

• Love 4

Even though I already like Hilary, if she’s taking requests... a good swift punch to Buttbiscuit’s junk would bring me no end of delight. 

I was hoping there would be more space between Nick learning he’s not the father and moving in with Sharon. I wanted to really savor his misery, but it looks like he’ll be spreading it to Sharon, along with his feces and banana peels. And his apology tour was way too short. Why, he could have spent months off-screen hunting for Dylan! Oh well.

• Love 13

although i am thrilled nick and can will be moving back to sharon's cottage, i too wish his apology tour had lasted longer..

HOWEVER, this is written by mal, the king of talks offscreen and then telling the viewers what happened.

this is mal who doesn't believe in stringing out a storyline and playing all the beats.

this is mal who likes it being a day then done..

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

although i am thrilled nick and can will be moving back to sharon's cottage, i too wish his apology tour had lasted longer..

HOWEVER, this is written by mal, the king of talks offscreen and then telling the viewers what happened.

this is mal who doesn't believe in stringing out a storyline and playing all the beats.

this is mal who likes it being a day then done..

This is happening to fast with Shick. I fear it'll end with Sharon obsessed over Christian. 

• Love 5

This is happening to fast with Shick. I fear it'll end with Sharon obsessed over Christian. 

It's more likely now than ever that Prick will try to grab Christian. He was conciliatory enough with Nick on yesterday's US show and was content that he would be allowed to continue to see Christian, but with Nick moving in with Sharon all that is likely to change.

The most recently released ratings for the key 18-49 year old demo group was at an all time low. That should tell anyone what they need to know about the state this show's in right now. The Polyanna's Playhouse starring Shick has been part of this timeframe, along with the ridiculous Chelsea the Con storyline and Phyl's ragged pursuit of her, aided and abetted by Sharon. It's not working. Putting Nick instantly back into Sharon's majik cottage and eventually having ol' banana boy swinging from her bedroom chandelier isn't going to drive ratings. This wrongheaded thinking that having everyone under the same enchanted cottage roof (minus Noah, of course) certainly isn't going create any scintillating drama. These two dimwits are about as interesting as a sink full of dirty, lukewarm dishwater. Listen. Can you hear the paint drying?

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

It's not working. Putting Nick instantly back into Sharon's majik cottage and eventually having ol' banana boy swinging from her bedroom chandelier isn't going to drive ratings. This wrongheaded thinking that having everyone under the same enchanted cottage roof (minus Noah, of course) certainly isn't going create any scintillating drama. These two dimwits are about as interesting as a sink full of dirty, lukewarm dishwater. Listen. Can you hear the paint drying?

Yup, the continuing saga of Mal courting stan-tweets rolls on.

Not just dull, this particular choice of retrogressive pairing, but nonsensical.

"Oh, goodness, I can't wait to ask my ex-husband and his not-son back to the shelter of my sweet little country cottage. Now, hush, you doubters! This is true romance and the triumph of ingrown adolescent infatuation! And no taking odds on how long before I awaken to the sweet aroma of Chiquitas! It's love, I tell you--I learned all about this in Psych 100. So there."

Riveting. And I can smell the paint fumes from here.

• Love 7