Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, miamama said:

Him barging into the house like an ape when I am POSITIVE Jack assured him over the telephone that the child was perfectly fine (like can you imagine the conversation going any other way than "OMG CHRISTIAN IS THERE IS HE OKAY?") was enough of Nick being irritated imo. He had the ride over to bitch and moan to Chelsea about the Abbotts' failure to rein in their sick mother.

Seeing a woman clinging to your child as though she thinks the child is her baby and you are about to take him (knowing of course you will get him back) and seeing that the kid is 100% fine (not even upset at all), the prevailing emotion on Nick's face should reflect this thought: thank god my kid is okay/oh geez this poor lady .

MCE pulled it off. She looked panicked and relieved and heartbroken all at once. And I don't even think Missy is all that superb an actress.

JM sucks.

He does indeed.  And this was after he castigated Chelsea in his time honored fashion of being vicious to women in his life whenever anything happens that he can remotely pin on him.  I was hoping when she was defending herself and he said "you think MY WORK isn't important because it isn't paid" - she have said, "HELL YES, you middle aged trust fund crybaby, HELL YES".  It was bad enough hearing him go on and on and on about how Christian DEPENDS on him, knows he's always there, blah blah blah.  

Christian has more affection for his stuffed bear than he has for Nick and that's to the good.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

And stabbed his mother.

Woops, forgot about that one. Not to mention that Nick has already lost one child and was panicked that he might have lost another. I think JM nailed it.

I think ChelseaCon was more relieved that a situation had been again been averted where Nick might find out that she has been lying to him for ages about Christian's paternity. Dodged another bullet, ChelseaCon. 

And once again the whole scenario of how Chelsea had ended up at the club with the kids was ridiculous. There is no reason that, since she was just meeting Lauren at the club anyway, Lauren could not (and would not have) come to her home. More ridiculous writing (along with Dina's kidnapping S/L) to set up an unbelievable situation. 

So at this point Dina could have been charged with arson, assault and now kidnapping. Jack is lucky that at this point Dina has not fatally hurt anyone, or herself. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3

Nick's probably just a little pissed that Christian was found so quickly.  It really didn't give him time to find someone to have grief sex with.  At least with Cassie's death, he got egg roll.

T'ain't fair, just ain't fair.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So at this point Dina could have been charged with arson, assault and now kidnapping. Jack is lucky that at this point Dina has not fatally hurt anyone, or herself. 

I'm actually afraid this is where Mal is going. 

sigh.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, boes said:

Nick's probably just a little pissed that Christian was found so quickly.  It really didn't give him time to find someone to have grief sex with.  At least with Cassie's death, he got egg roll.

T'ain't fair, just ain't fair.

Yeah, it looked like he was really enjoying metaphorically slapping Chellzzz  around and wanted to do it as long as he could. Poor Nick, always the victim.

• Love 6

i read that on today's cdn, graham shows up with a court order to take dina.  traci calls paul and he says there isn't anything they can do.

dina is happy to go with him and tells her kids she will visit them soon.

they are at the gcac i think and dina asks him where they will be living.  he says she will like the facility he found for her and he will visit often.

dina gets upset.  vikki and jt are at the bar i guess talking and they overhear dina and graham and say they will call the abbotts

court date for day after tomorrow or something.

oh, and blabby told assly that she had sex with scott and it was mind blowing..

• Love 7
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

i read that on today's cdn, graham shows up with a court order to take dina.  traci calls paul and he says there isn't anything they can do.

dina is happy to go with him and tells her kids she will visit them soon.

they are at the gcac i think and dina asks him where they will be living.  he says she will like the facility he found for her and he will visit often.

dina gets upset.  vikki and jt are at the bar i guess talking and they overhear dina and graham and say they will call the abbotts

court date for day after tomorrow or something.

oh, and blabby told assly that she had sex with scott and it was mind blowing..

Thanks, @valleycliffe; mine didn't record today for some reason.

• Love 4

My mom had Alzheimer’s for 8 1/2 years AFTER diagnosis when she’d actually had it for a couple of years before. Her progression through the disease didn’t happen like Dina’s but I know from experience that everyone’s experience is different. I do hope that the writers on Y&R have consulted with experts on this disease so that they can educated viewers who’ve not yet been through this with a loved one. This would be a lost opportunity to do a really good service to people if they don’t do it right!

• Love 9

Poor Dina, Graham the @ss drags her away from the Abbots, only to want to put her in a home. I'm glad JT stepped in when Graham manhandled Dina, but please let this get back to Jack!

With Abby leaving( for her pregnancy, and Lilly also leaving for awhile) do you think something happens to the plane?

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Diane M said:

Is Christel Khalil also taking a break?

I dont think so, but if she is going with Abby, who is talking a break, its hard to say we will see her

Hillary and the party at Sharon's, awful!

• Love 3

I do not like this story line with Dina and Graham one bit. As someone who had a mother with Alzheimers, my sisters and I made sure our mom was always safe and protected. We took over her money, paid her bills, admitted her to an upscale home where she’d be very well taken care of. I realize that we were very fortunate to have the finances to do that (and will be forever grateful for my parent’s being wise about their savings/investments) because we were always grateful that we could have mom in such a wonderful place. My heart truly breaks for those who don’t have those same choices. This is making me cry as I write it because I truly don’t know what we’d have done with Mom if we’d had no money. Please, writers, return Dina to her family who love her and will care for her and won’t use her to his own purposes. Please, do this one kind thing.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I do not like this story line with Dina and Graham one bit. As someone who had a mother with Alzheimers, my sisters and I made sure our mom was always safe and protected. We took over her money, paid her bills, admitted her to an upscale home where she’d be very well taken care of. I realize that we were very fortunate to have the finances to do that (and will be forever grateful for my parent’s being wise about their savings/investments) because we were always grateful that we could have mom in such a wonderful place. My heart truly breaks for those who don’t have those same choices. This is making me cry as I write it because I truly don’t know what we’d have done with Mom if we’d had no money. Please, writers, return Dina to her family who love her and will care for her and won’t use her to his own purposes. Please, do this one kind thing.

((((((HUGS))))))

The only good thing about this s/l is the acting. The Abbotts are outdoing themselves. Traci made me cry the other day when Dina didn’t recognize her. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

((((((HUGS))))))

The only good thing about this s/l is the acting. The Abbotts are outdoing themselves. Traci made me cry the other day when Dina didn’t recognize her. 

ICAM. The story has heart because of the actors.

And yeah @Gam2 big hugs. Your post was so touching.

• Love 8

I haven't watched the entire episode, but today was an all Abbott episode (sans Abby, thankfully) as they faced off with Graham in court.  Some pretty good stuff from what I saw.  Traci and Ash arrive at the last minute to save the day.  They found Dina's personal journal/memoir to be, and it incriminates Graham as manipulating Dina to get her money and taking advantage of her condition.  They are certain they will win now.  Then Graham takes the stand and rather creepily announces that he and Dina are married, so he is her next of kin, and the outcome of the proceedings will matter not at all!  Why then, didn't he play that card to begin with?  Or did they just get married yesterday?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Then Graham takes the stand and rather creepily announces that he and Dina are married, so he is her next of kin, and the outcome of the proceedings will matter not at all!  Why then, didn't he play that card to begin with?  Or did they just get married yesterday?

This is completely absurd. So either they've been married all this time and Graham just withheld this information, even when Jack told him his POA was invalid in Florida, or they got married in the past 24 hours, which could be easily annulled/revoked whatever because she is clearly not of sound mind.

Come on, Mal. Of course you can shock the audience when you present BULLSHIT. No one can predict BULLSHIT. No clues, no signs, no nothing. 

Jack was losing it, right? Yep. Graham's going to die and somehow Jack will be implicated.

I predict Dina's hands literally covered in blood at some point. Feb. sweeps promo?

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why did Phyllis even go to Sharon's house? She shows up then acts like she doesn't want to be there? You weren't invited.

She said Hilary told her there was a party at the Newman ranch, she assumed that meant at Victor's. Though why she'd want to be there I don't know. And all that crap she laid down about Sharon being jealous of her was pure revision but hey, I don’t know, if characters can’t be bothered to pay attention to their own storylines, I’m not sure why I have to. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

She said Hilary told her there was a party at the Newman ranch, she assumed that meant at Victor's. Though why she'd want to be there I don't know. And all that crap she laid down about Sharon being jealous of her was pure revision but hey, I don’t know, if characters can’t be bothered to pay attention to their own storylines, I’m not sure why I have to. 

Victor??? The man who had Phyllis VIOLATED and caused her to hate Jack and fuck his brother because jack wouldn't DESTROY Victor? That Victor?

oh my god Mal give it the fuck up. Gina is not some goddamned Katherine Hepburn you can toss into whatever scene you want.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I find this whole idea of Graham being married to Dina creepy as hell. Isn't losing her memories and personality indignity enough for Dina? Plus they've always given me mother/son vibes, or at least mother/asshole stepson vibes. 

The creepiest part was when Graham was testifying, he said that he and Dina are married, the Dina blows him kisses and he blows kisses back at her.  I think the judge wanted to take Dina into her own custody by that point.

• Love 12

This whole Graham thing is so bad. First his big revenge plot of years was over ...dun dun dun his stepfather. Then he scampers off in Florida where Jack basically swats him like a fly with the news that he has no legal power over Dina there. And we are to believe that though Jack and Ashley CHASED him to Florida after he KIDNAPPED their mother who he left for dead, they just kinda got busy and forget to deal with the POA and will???????

And now he announces he's married to Dina at the end of the court proceedings today?

• Love 11
On 1/4/2018 at 2:08 AM, jewel21 said:

I really don't get how Christian was lured away without Connor seeing anything? Or anyone else for that matter.

I loved Connor sitting with his head propped in his hands watching the catfight with rapt attention, hee. It was really cute.

This Dina story line is making me sad and Ashley is being a raging bitch. I'm so over her.

Connor looking at Lauren's buzzooomz - probably as a food source?

On 1/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, miamama said:

I'm actually afraid this is where Mal is going. 

sigh.

Dina offs Cracker and Jack gets blamed.

• Love 8

I really enjoyed the judge today in Reed's court proceedings.  She's a keeper.  Looks like Reed is going off the deep end, and did he actually just run away from home?   Oh, he is not going to last a day on his own!

Ash is back to being a complete bitch toward Jack. 

Someone breaks into the Jabot lab and breaks some things and steals several bottles that just arrived.  There is one bottle that is so toxic or strong that Ash said it needed its own shelf.  And it was one of the bottles that was stolen.  The only suspect I could think of is Graham, but why would he risk that after it is clear he is in the catbird seat?  Well, at least until his marriage gets annulled.  It was determined that he married Dina in October. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Diane M said:

Did they marry while they were in Florida?  Shouldn't be any problem getting the marriage annulled, since he knew she had Alzheimer's.

Yes, he did marry her after her diagnosis. Why then wouldn’t he have already used that info or is Mal just pulling this out of his ass? Wouldn’t Graham then be responsible for Dina burning down the Underpants, stabbing Nikki and kidnaping Christian aka SullyCan? 

Why oh why do we have to endure Jack and Ashley fighting over Jabot again? Dina should be their only and immediate concern.

Edited by PatsyandEddie
Improved sentence
  • Love 16

Today's show was a hot mess!

I was really taken out of the JT and Pricktoria scenes, because I kept thinking that they were once married and the scenes where they were arguing must have been awkward and difficult to do, and then next thing you know they are having sexy times on the stairs!  Very strange plot developments, even if you put aside the actors' personal relationships.  JT and Vic have been doing this dance where they blame each other and then they don't, and then suddenly today they were bonding and I guess flirting.  Drinki arrives and goes off on both of them for being rotten parents and gets on JT's case most of all and stomps out saying she personally will straighten Reed out.  Really?  Then JT and Vic have a raging fight where they throw all of their past in each other's faces (I totally forgot about the Deacon Sharpe thing!).  She PHYSICALLY throws him out of her house, then lets him back in and they jump each other's bones! 

Reed is quite the rebel without a clue.  He runs away to Phyllis' house.  Then Drinki scoops him up and takes him to the ranch, where he thinks he has it made with Prick and Drinki until they inform them he has arrived at his own personal bootcamp.  And if he leaves, Prick will send his security detail after him to bring him back against his will!  Do we think JT will allow this to happen to his son?

So Graham is the thief of the lab's toxic bottle of whatever, plus the other bottles of herbs and essences.  This got me thinking.  Has he been drugging Dina so everyone thinks she has Alzheimers?  Or, is he about to poison her to finish her off so he can get her money sooner rather than later?

Ash the bitch is back and tells Billy that her fight with Jack is back on because he tried to manipulate her by restoring her lab.  Sigh.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, bannana said:

So Graham is the thief of the lab's toxic bottle of whatever, plus the other bottles of herbs and essences.  This got me thinking.  Has he been drugging Dina so everyone thinks she has Alzheimers? 

holy crap!.......................

i hire bannana to write for y&r.....

or, she should join the psychic's phone line and make mega millions............

• Love 8

I’ve been wondering about Graham drugging Dina too. The last thing he said to Jack in Florida was “Good luck with that”

I could see him poisoning her too and leaving those bottles laying around to point blame at Ashley. 

I felt rather uncomfortable watching Thad and Amelia today. The last thing I would want to do is a make out scene with my ex. ? Are they really divorced or maybe reconciled?

?? at Reed’s face when Grampire told him he was going to get a hair cut.

• Love 13

maybe this iteration of grampire is exactly what reed need at this time.

he is not getting off easy.

he has to work for his "cake".

LOL  he has to get a haircut and he has to do his school work.

sometimes tough love works....  and sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't.

• Love 6

Reed going to Phyllis' was complete bullshit, as is this continued idea that Billy is Father of the Year. I'm so fucking sick of the glorification of this couple. 

Also, call me crazy or a conspiracy whatever, but I don't think Thad and Amelia are on the outs. I actually believe he was brought back to appease her in a way after Mal decided he was going to ax Villy, her longtime pairing, and pretend like Philly are the true loves of Y&R.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I felt rather uncomfortable watching Thad and Amelia today. The last thing I would want to do is a make out scene with my ex. ? Are they really divorced or maybe reconciled?

I'm with you guys. I have felt badly for them since he came back, always talking about how their marriage didn't work out etc. But I'm reasonably positive they are in fact divorced. It's clearly amicable because no way could you (nor would you agree to) do those scenes unless you were very okay with the split. I suspect they are good friends. And Thad specifically pointed out those scenes today (the fight with Nikki and Amelia) as some of his fave he's done in this return (in an interview a few weeks ago).

The way it's written though clearly Mal wants to erase Villy and let Philly shine, as you say. I mean they even have the kids there. They are a real family now. The Philly family, messy house, all those KIDS, so real. 

8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Reed going to Phyllis' was complete bullshit, as is this continued idea that Billy is Father of the Year. I'm so fucking sick of the glorification of this couple. 

The days they are on I cannot watch. I can't even think of watching I hate them so much. It's the same nonsense. We are so REAL and SEXAY and FUNNAY in our cool ass condo and our cool ass COUPLE LIFE. Gina leans back to show off how flexible she is. They talk about how hot/sexy/cute/irresistible the other is and they kiss or fuck or talk about fucking.

But as usual Phyllis is only there as some sort of decoration. Reed went off for his story. Billy went off for his. And Phyllis was nothing but a day player. They should just get Billy a blow up doll. Same diff. 

And Ashley confiding in Billy about what an asshole Jack is? Does Mal not get how gross this is? How little sense this makes? She is trying to take the job that has defined him for his entire life; he stole his wife and is currently playing some happy family romcom with her but the two of them are discussing how bad Jack is.

Fuck off you backstabbing pieces of shit. 

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

They must have divorced as good friends or they couldn't do love scenes convincingly.  But are they really divorced?  Can't find anything except that he filed last year.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

YAY!! bannanacaps are back!!

Hahaha!  Not quite, but that stuff with Thad and Amelia today really messed with my mind.  Remember when Burton and Taylor were on the outs IRL and did that movie where they were always fighting but really in love?  Or maybe I am just dreaming that happened.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This. I would add Nick, Cane and Victor to that list- they've repeatedly done things to destroy their own families, but they are still branded as "great fathers". 

Also, Katie and Johnny sleeping over at Phyllis' apartment gets a major side eye from me. IMO, Victoria should not allow her anywhere near those children, even with Billy present. 

• Love 13

So did Ashely actually say some crap like whoever broke into MY LAB (that is really just a manipulation on Jack's part to not let me be CEO, which has been his earned position for the past 30 years) is going "to wish he had never been born?"

What the fuck kind of dialogue is that? Why would Ashley Abbott talk like that? It makes no sense. She might say: Who would do this? Is someone trying to sabotage me?' yes yes I get that the great Abbott, Billy, pointed out she was truly angry about something else (Jack) but it was such a bizarre line. And it tells me Graham will die very soon and Angry Jack or Angry Ashley will be the first two suspects.

1 minute ago, ezzylin said:

Also, Katie and Johnny sleeping over at Phyllis' apartment gets a major side eye from me. IMO, Victoria should not allow her anywhere near those children, even with Billy present. 

Oh but she wanted Phyllis to come to the house to bake Christmas cookies, don't you remember? Jack and Vicki are cool with Philly! That was Mal's first move. All complete bullshit.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 11