Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Not Billy.

You are right. Everyone is acting like they are concerned more about poor Buttbicuit making a mess of his life yet again. Like this nothing more than another gambling debt or drunken escapade instead of the utter betrayal of his father, his brother and his entire family. If he were my brother he would not be welcome in my home or place of business. He has got to find a way to make amends, but he never will cause he's such a waste of air.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, miamama said:

It's true. It's NUTS that Jack and Billy are basically not addressed. 

Remember all that "the Abbott family will NEVER be the same." Yeah so basically they are the same. I mean Jack has nothing to do with Billy but he does speak to him when he sees him (which I find ASTONISHING). Jack has had next to no opportunity to call out Billy. He has had many scenes beautifully ripping into Phyllis. So have Summer and Ashley. Phyllis is "paying" for the affair. Not Billy. NO ONE has called Billy out for taunting Jack, for going after an emotionally damaged woman. Nothing

And yet he gets monologues about how much emotional pain he feels.

There really has been no REAL fallout from Philly. By real, I mean....if someone tuned in today or yesterday or the day before that, etc, they would think Jack and Phyllis are on the outs because she cheated, yes. But Billy? He has nothing to do with it. He's now all involved with Victoria and Travis, Brash & Sassy, and now Chloe and this kid. Billy exists in a world where he never slept with his brother's wife. 

BTW, did you catch Billy's "Did you cheat on Victoria!?" line to Travis a few episodes ago? I nearly choked. Like, REALLY?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

BTW, did you catch Billy's "Did you cheat on Victoria!?" line to Travis a few episodes ago? I nearly choked. Like, REALLY?

Such an ass. I had this fantasy that Jack and Victoria confess to Billy and Phyllis that after being so upset about "the affair" they just couldn't help themselves and "fell into bed." oops. They don't actually do it but concoct this little moment as a gift for the two asshole cheaters. Just to give them a taste of what it would feel like -- even though of course it comes nowhere near to how badly Jack was betrayed.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, miamama said:

Such an ass. I had this fantasy that Jack and Victoria confess to Billy and Phyllis that after being so upset about "the affair" they just couldn't help themselves and "fell into bed." oops. They don't actually do it but concoct this little moment as a gift for the two asshole cheaters. Just to give them a taste of what it would feel like -- even though of course it comes nowhere near to how badly Jack was betrayed.

I just wish they actually played out this story in an appropriate way. We all have differing opinions on characters and sometimes our feelings on certain people will never change. And it's obviously difficult to have closure on soaps, I understand that, but Billy should have had remorse. He should have been given a redemption arc in a sense. Instead, the show chose to just move him into multiple stories, and hilariously, into ANOTHER love story/triangle. Maybe it's just me, but when a character was just recently involved in an affair story, I wouldn't necessarily choose for them to be involved with another woman's relationship two seconds later.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I just wish they actually played out this story in an appropriate way. We all have differing opinions on characters and sometimes our feelings on certain people will never change. And it's obviously difficult to have closure on soaps, I understand that, but Billy should have had remorse. He should have been given a redemption arc in a sense. Instead, the show chose to just move him into multiple stories, and hilariously, into ANOTHER love story/triangle.

Billy is the new Victor. He just marches around doing shit for no apparent reason except to make trouble. Then he dusts himself off, leaving destruction in his wake, and carries onto another drama. Even Victor admitted to his role in Adam's death and showed remorse. Not a lot. But more than Billy has for this affair. Victor with his Delia/Adam moment was more of this humanizing of Victor that's been happening as well.

Maybe it's just me, but when a character was just recently involved in an affair story, I wouldn't necessarily choose for them to be involved with another woman's relationship two seconds later.

My feeling is that we are experiencing the shift following a change in TPTB. This story heavily pivoted with JFP's departure. Yes Pratt had to be the HW for the past whatever weeks, but he was shackled until his contract ran out.

The end result of the shift is that Phack goes their way and Billy and Victoria (and Travis) go theirs. The way things were going under JFP -- and based on those promo pics (the ones on the cutting room floor) of Billy sandwiched between Victoria and Phyllis as well as those soap mag covers of Billy, Vicki and Phyllis, and Jack subtly but clearly standing apart, this was going to be Victoria and Phyllis -- basically the two female leads on show right now -- vying for Billy Drake's heart. RME. Jack was being sent over to Hilary and the Winters and their Foundation Drama. 

Now we are back to Phack in their own drama - including business intrigue with Victor - and Billy over with Victoria and Travis and Jill and Cane at B&S and now Chloe and Bella. John came on basically to tell viewers that Jack was also BAD in his past (what WAS That crap about bringing up Jack losing Jabot BTW??? He suggested they go public; that was hardly nefarious -- not to mention he's spent every living moment since fighting for it) and this was karma and forget about revenge on Billy. Also it feels like the Chance recast that was discussed is nowhere near to happening perhaps as planned (i.e. for Chloe and Bella). And so more for Billy. And of course Travis returning was a post JFP decision (lending credence to the theory that everything shifted dramatically in this storyline with JFP's departure).

I felt earlier and feel more strongly now that show wants to put Philly behind them. It will feed Phack angst (and give Billy reason for more self pity here and there perhaps) but only that. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, miamama said:

The end result of the shift is that Phack goes their way and Billy and Victoria (and Travis) go theirs.

And that shift is fine. But it needed to happen gradually. Billy should be repairing his relationship with Jack and THEN he can get into another crappy love triangle. But Billy/Jack, maybe bonding them with Billy helping Jack in a business sense, I don't know, should have been the priority here. I may be in the minority, but that relationship was important to me and I wish it wasn't shit on for no reason.

14 minutes ago, miamama said:

John came on basically to tell viewers that Jack was also BAD in his past

I hated that scene.

• Love 11

Today's episode was dull.

Billy is spiralling again. He wants to quit Brash and Sassy but Jill won't have it. Billy tells her she'll regret it once the GC Buzz segment airs. They watch it together and the company comes off great, largely thanks to Cane whose last minute interview saved the day.

Later, Billy thanks Cane for making the company look good. 

Hilary is upset because the fans hated her segment and the new direction the show is taking. She is pissed at Devon as well. Devon tells her to ignore the fans on social media, and says they are just trolls. Hilary storms off. 

Sharon ignores Mariah who is trying to convince her to tell everyone the truth about Sully before Patty tells them instead. Sharon, of course, is allergic to the truth. Instead she wants to find a way to get Patty transferred far away so she can't tell the truth, and even if she did, no one would believe her.

Paul needs to send Dylan out of town to testify on a case but Dylan doesn't want to since it'll take him away from Sharon. Paul promises to get extra security around the ranch and promises to stop by and check on Sharon while Dylan is away. Dylan reluctantly agrees to go out of town and do his job.

Faith is out with Nick and confides to him that Sharon has been getting threatening phone calls. Nick is concerned.

Nick drops Faith off at the cottage and asks Sharon why she didn't tell him about the phone calls. He's upset he had to hear it from Faith instead. Dylan comes home and tells Sharon he has to go out of town for a bit. Dullen asks Nick if he would mind staying with Faith and the kids while he's out of town. Nick says yes. 

Paul goes to visit with Patty who spends the whole time painting silently and ignoring Paul. As he's about to leave, Patty finally breaks her silence and says his name.

Meanwhile Mariah shows up at the hospital and asks to see Patty. Roh-oh.

Previews show Sharon on the phone telling Mariah to get out of there before Paul sees her. Then we see a Mariah getting patted down by a guard.

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And that shift is fine. But it needed to happen gradually. Billy should be repairing his relationship with Jack and THEN he can get into another crappy love triangle. But Billy/Jack, maybe bonding them with Billy helping Jack in a business sense, I don't know, should have been the priority here. I may be in the minority, but that relationship was important to me and I wish it wasn't shit on for no reason.

It should have happened gradually but it's not bad as far as change in writers go. I remember how JFP and JG (when taking over for MAB) halted the prosecute Phyllis for running down Paul and Cricket front burner story in about four minutes. Just like that. Done. That story had been building for months and was years in the making. But JG openly said in an interview. "Yeah. We didn't care. We wanted to go in another direction." 

With respect to this storyline, I may sound conspiracy theorist (because I have zero proof of this) but I really do feel PB decided he'd had enough and that had a great deal to with what happened (both with JFP's final straw departure and the complete turnaround in the Philly story). We wanted Jack/PB freed from Philly and I don't see why he wouldn't either. The man was being sidelined -- for a nonsensical out-of-nowhere story -- by TWO NEWBIES. PB made it clear that while he's respectful of writers and plays his role as asked he is protective of his character. I think JFP went way too far. It also explains why PB did no press around the "reveal" and it was left to GT and JT. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10

Thanks for the recap jewel21.  You are doing a public service so we don't have to watch the whole boring show!  I am seriously getting bored and hoping something will lure me back in. I was interested in the Sully/Christian story, and now that Patty is back, I have renewed interest.  I have zero interest in the Brash and Sassy story or the GC Buzz story.  I am a little interested in the Bella story and whether Billy is really the father, in which case that poor child is doomed with two pathetic loser parents.

No interest in Nick and Chelz, at least until Adam returns.

All that leaves I guess is Phack, and what happens next.

One amusing thing I saw today was when Nick decides he is going to stay at Sharon's to protect her and her family, Faith gives him a tour of where to find the towels and shampoo, etc. and he reminds her he used to live there with her.  Which got me wondering whether that was actually the case--did they live there together as a family?  Because didn't Nick dump Sharon because Dummer had a peanut butter kiss from Prick's latest mentally ill emissary Patty?  I just can't remember.

And I just don't get what Hilary wants out of life.  She is married to a billionaire. Surely she can come up with a better plan to make her mark on the world!

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, bannana said:

in which case that poor child is doomed with two pathetic loser parents.

Don't forget crazypants.

40 minutes ago, miamama said:

We wanted Jack/PB freed from Philly and I don't see why he wouldn't either.

I believe it. There's no way he was happy about that. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, bannana said:

I have zero interest in the Brash and Sassy story or the GC Buzz story.  I am a little interested in the Bella story and whether Billy is really the father, in which case that poor child is doomed with two pathetic loser parents.

I still have hopes that she grabbed the Abbott tube and when they do the test, Billy is just an uncle....but he lies and says he's the dad...for a while at least/

• Love 4
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Billy is the new Victor. He just marches around doing shit for no apparent reason except to make trouble. Then he dusts himself off, leaving destruction in his wake, and carries onto another drama. Even Victor admitted to his role in Adam's death and showed remorse. Not a lot. But more than Billy has for this affair. Victor with his Delia/Adam moment was more of this humanizing of Victor that's been happening as well

The difference between Victor and Billy is one of them once cared about his family and built himself up from his low point in life, and the other is Billy Abbott.

But damn, that's showing how far down the rabbit hole that Pratt threw NeverInAMillionYearsBilly. Not that the Billy Miller version was Prince Charming, but he had the ability to show Billy as making an attempt at getting better (the last year of him phoning it in aside, but even that was light years ahead of JT). 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Not that the Billy Miller version was Prince Charming, but he had the ability to show Billy as making an attempt at getting better (the last year of him phoning it in aside, but even that was light years ahead of JT). 

Still the jerk show used almost exclusive episodes of BM and MM (As the year turned) to win emmys two years in a row then didn't thank either of their ex-employees

• Love 6

Why is Hilary mad at Devon? See, just when I think Pratt might not be writing, stuff like this reminds me that he is. I assume hilary blames devon for not allowing her to air smut. But it makes no sense because she's the one who begged him to keep GC Buzz open using her new vision for the show. Having it be more legit was 100% Hilary's idea. And here we are one week later with her acting like Devon is stifling her success by holding her to the vision and her pretending like he's wrong to do it. It's perfectly reasonable for Devon to expect Hilary to keep her word to him. Yet somehow, the writing suggests he's wrong and is some righteous jack ass whose trying to make and mold her into someone she's not. It was her idea! I constantly feel gaslighted while watching this show. 

Hilary and Devon should be discussing whether their vision can work or not. Whether she made a mistake. Instead we get her blaming devon and upset with him. Again, the wrong beat and an unreasonable POV with Hilary acting like no normal human being would act. I'm left with the question of who Hilary Hamilton is. Because of it, she's totally unrelatable and unlikable. 

Sharon, a mentally ill woman, devising plans to take advantage of another woman's mental illness. Its disgusting. 

Billy apologizing to Cane. Is this supposed to be some turning point for him? And why is Cane working so hard at this and sacrificing his family anyway? It's not like he needs this job or his family needs the money. What is his motovation? Other than him being a con and, in my opinion, a social climber, none has been given. So I'm left to make it up for myself. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 7

I have to admit I'm a little irate at Devon. He could have compromised and let Hillary at least show the world what a toolbag Billy Abbott is. In fact, I recommend a multi part expose on Buttbiscuit that leaves his reputation nothing more than a smoldering radioactive crater. 

I hate the SullyCan story. Hate. Guys, did you feel that? That seismic shift beneath the surface, the waters retreating from the shore? That's nature's way of warning us a tsunami is coming. A towering wall of Nick's manpain is about to break on land, sweeping away all in its path, leaving nothing behind but debris, rubble, and the mournful, lingering scent of overripe bananas. Alas, there is no point in evacuating to higher land. There are dark clouds overhead, you see, 'cause a hard rain is gonna fall. A torrential downpour of Buttbiscuit batter accompanied by icy shards of self pity is on the horizon. 

That reminds me, I don't give a damn who Bella's father is. That kid is fucked from jump due to being the replacement child. 

• Love 10

I don't care who Bella's father is either. But then I never cared about Delia so...

My one stipulation is that it isnt any one of the patriarchs, read as old men, in town. Those being Victor, Jack, Michael, Paul, or Neil. It's time to move them out of baby stories. Much like their female counterparts are out of them. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, bannana said:

did they live there together as a family?

Weren't they living together when Nick declared his undying love for Sharon, no matter what she had done or would do?  They were planning the big wedding and getting Faith all hyped about being a 'family' until...dun dun duuuun...Phyl showed up with the news of the DNA results switch.  [Ya know, the switcheroo that Miss Crazy Pants managed regarding information Nick had been hiding for years.]

• Love 6

Paul is visiting Patty at the hospital. He's happy that she finally seems to recognize him. Patty shows him her paintings, including the one of her outdoors, with the "little kitty" in the corner. She tells Paul it's her favourite. It's mine, too. Paul starts talking about Dylan and Sully and wants to show Patty pictures of Sully. Patty loses it and starts freaking out, saying she doesn't want to see any pictures, and a doctor comes in to calm her and Paul is ushered out of the room.

Mariah, meanwhile, keeps missing Sharon's warning texts about Paul being in the building. Mariah keeps setting the metal detector off and has to be 'wanded' by a guard. Finally, she's cleared and reaches for her phone. Mariah sees the message from Sharon and tells the guard she has to make a call first. She sees Paul and keeps her back to him and he finally leaves.

Mariah sits down and prods a contrary Patty to take the phone so they can converse. Patty wants to talk to Sharon directly, but Mariah lets her know that thanks to her phone calls to Sharon Dylan now thinks she has a stalker, and she's on lockdown. Mariah explains to Patty that if she wants to get out, she needs to act out so that Paul will get worried and have her transferred to a less secure facility. Would that even work? After everything Patty has done, I'd have her locked up in Alcatraz if I could. Let her try and swim her way to freedom. Anyway, I digress. A guard comes to take Patty away before she can let Mariah know if she's down with the plan.

Phyllis almost gets caught by Summer putting a spy program on Jack's computer. Phyllis lies and says she was just dropping some files on Jack's desk. The two start to head out and get caught by Jack and Ashley. Jack demands to know what Phyllis is doing there and she gives him the same story she gave Summer. Jack is not pleased and his displeasure even spreads to Summer, which is unusual for Jack.

Phyllis is back in her closet, and once Summer leaves to attend a meeting with Abby, we can see that Phyllis can read everything that Jack is typing to someone in the marketing department (sales?), I don't recall. Jack IMs Phyllis back to his office and says he wants Ashley and Phyllis to work together to increase sales since Brash & Sassy will be launching their new product soon. 

Despite their hatred, Ashley and Phyllis come up with some good ideas. Ashley leaves and Phyllis sees that Jack is off to meet someone to get more information on Newman, I believe. Ashley goes to see Jack to tell him she doesn't want to work with Phyllis, but Jack says too bad, so sad. And he runs off to a 'business meeting.' Ashley sits down at Jack's desk and calls Phyllis to work but Phyllis says she has a 'business meeting' to attend, heh. As Ashley is about to leave and close Jack's laptop, she sees that there are two users online, Roh-oh.

Phyllis is at Chancellor Park, hiding behind a tree, watching as Jack sits down after placing a suitcase on the ground. Jack places the suitcase next to an identical one. A moment later, a stranger leaves taking the suitcase that Jack put down. Jack leaves a second later, with the strangers suitcase.

Sharon is acting weird, jumpy, and distracted with Nick. Sharon then starts crying but is distracted by Mariah coming home. She acts like Mariah just came back from a sting, and not from running 'errands' but then Sully starts crying and she asks Nick if he could tend to the baby. While he's out of the room, she asks Mariah what happened. Mariah says she managed to avoid Paul, and speak with Patty, but the guard interrupted them so she isn't sure if Patty is with them on the plan. Nick comes back, and it looks like Sharon is finally about to tell him the truth about Sully, but this time Mariah stops her. Grrr. Girl, you're acting as bipolar as your mother. Instead Mariah just says that Sharon told Mariah what Nick said about Sharon being lucky, blah blah.

Patty looks around her room and then starts pitching a fit and throwing her paintings around, not the kitty one, damn it! The doctor comes back in and Patty screams about not wanting to paint anymore. 

Meanwhile, Stitch shows up at the top of the tower where Summer and Abby are having a business meeting. Really Abby was discussing her marriage to Summer. Stitch asks Abby to have dinner and Summer takes her leave. Abby acts sketchy and tries to make a lame excuse to leave. Stench calls her out on it and she finally comes clean about lying about the moment she knew she loved him. Abby admits she never had that moment but insists she does love him. His phone buzzes and he has to go back to the O.R. He awkwardly leaves.

Previews show Jack telling Phyllis that Victor will pay for what he did.

• Love 8

I think Phyllis has a sound plan here. After sneaking around behind Jack's back with his reprobate brother, the best way to win him back is with even more sneaking accompanied by some spying. #foolproof

The SullyCan story reaches even new depths of awful. If the show just wanted to erase it totally and pretend it never happened, I could handle that. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I think Phyllis has a sound plan here. After sneaking around behind Jack's back with his reprobate brother, the best way to win him back is with even more sneaking accompanied by some spying. #foolproof

She's got moxie, don't you know.

RME.

Is show incapable of showing intelligent, genuinely strong women? I mean I get you don't want emotionally balanced people because boring. But criminals? And this is criminal behaviour, tapping into his private correspondence.

• Love 4

Something I liked today was when the doctor came in to comfort Patti, instead of immediately coming at her with a sedative/tranquillizer, she sat down beside Patti, put her arms around her, spoke soothingly, and brushed her hair away from her face. I thought that was nice.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 8

The SullyCan story reaches even new depths of awful. If the show just wanted to erase it totally and pretend it never happened, I could handle that. 

Wow. I could so write my way out of this. Have Sharon (After she finds out about Adam from Chelsea) go to Nick and tell him what Patty JUST started telling her. Mariah could back her up. Have Nick get a DNA test JUST IN CASE it's true. Just between them. End of stupid story. 

Or Have Sharon go to Nikki and Paul and tell them what Patty JUST started telling her. Mariah could back her up. They could arrange a test and Poor Little Sully Doesn't belong to Nick or Dylan. The discretely and unsuccessfully search for missing babies and decide not to tell Dylan and break his heart. Love it if it's a big Paul/Nikki (veterans) secret they don't even tell spouses.

• Love 11

I also suggested (in another thread, I think) that Sharon pretend she just found out about Sully from Patty. Anything is better than another tedious round of Sharon Bad!/Caveman Good! It's the vile, story-destroying, payoff-stealing Summer paternity tale all over again. It's like Pratt arrives at a fork in the road and must choose between a pleasant country lane meandering through a meadow and a pockmarked path through a dark forest populated by werewolves and strewn with plague puddles. Chuck sends us to get mauled and violently ill  every damn time.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Jack places the suitcase next to an identical one. A moment later, a stranger leaves taking the suitcase that Jack put down. Jack leaves a second later, with the strangers suitcase.

Just a random thought-because I don't watch the show and may have missed some visual cues here and there.  Is it possible that the real Jack left GC the moment he found out about Bylthy, without telling anyone (even Ashley) that he was leaving?  Just wanted to get away and not deal with anything, including his beloved Jabot.  Gone, poof, no trail or forwarding address.  Then Marco, who somehow has been watching/following the whole mess since his departure, darted in, assumed Jack's identity [again] and is masterminding a takeover/powerscrewup of Jabot.  Bonus points if Victurd is somehow involved in this.  I only say this because Jack's actions/words ("but Jack says too bad, so sad. And he runs off to a 'business meeting.'"/Jewel21) seem very Marco-ish.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MollyB said:

Just a random thought-because I don't watch the show and may have missed some visual cues here and there.  Is it possible that the real Jack left GC the moment he found out about Bylthy, without telling anyone (even Ashley) that he was leaving?  Just wanted to get away and not deal with anything, including his beloved Jabot.  Gone, poof, no trail or forwarding address.  Then Marco, who somehow has been watching/following the whole mess since his departure, darted in, assumed Jack's identity [again] and is masterminding a takeover/powerscrewup of Jabot.  Bonus points if Victurd is somehow involved in this.  I only say this because Jack's actions/words ("but Jack says too bad, so sad. And he runs off to a 'business meeting.'"/Jewel21) seem very Marco-ish.

I don't think so. While Jack has ditched the ties and is going with dark suits and an IDGAF attitude, Marco was funny and would let Victor holler at him -- he was a total opportunist. Jack has an underlying sadness about him and is almost in a fugue state of rage at all times (snipping at Saint Summer even). He is definitely different than Marco.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

AH showed every.single.vertabae. in her back in a scene.....and Jill's hair?!  No story to talk about so fashion it is!

When are the going to do something about Sharon's stringy wig-hat? Victoria may have kind of cray hair, but at least it looks healthy.

• Love 4

LMAO. Phyllis was like, squealing on the inside when she told Jack that they were going to bring down Victor together. In a twisted way, she's at the place she's always wanted them to be.

Lawd, the Villy stuff is getting so heavy handed. And you can just see how this show is manipulating several fanbases every other day. And Jill with her Billy obsession is creepy as hell.

• Love 5

So the plan was to watch today's and recap but skip tomorrow because I'm off to the ballet in the evening. Instead, I went to 'close my eyes for two minutes' around 6 PM and just woke up now. So no recap, sadly. If someone wants to recap today's and tomorrow's feel free, if not, I'll try to get around to it this weekend. Sorry, I suck.

• Love 3

also suggested (in another thread, I think) that Sharon pretend she just found out about Sully from Patty. Anything is better than another tedious round of Sharon Bad!/Caveman Good! It's the vile,

Yes you did. It's sad that the solution to a shit story line should be so obvious. The MWT's strike again.

10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I dunno, he seems to have both of his ears.

NipTuck could grow ears on mice.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAO. Phyllis was like, squealing on the inside when she told Jack that they were going to bring down Victor together. In a twisted way, she's at the place she's always wanted them to be.

I gotta admit I'm pleased too. I wanted them to go after Victor post-Marco, and be a power couple. They are both too old to be in stupid ass new love stories (Phyllis is supposed to be 50 something, not Gina's actual age).

2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Sorry, I suck.

No way. You're a star doing this everyday!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

So the plan was to watch today's and recap but skip tomorrow because I'm off to the ballet in the evening. Instead, I went to 'close my eyes for two minutes' around 6 PM and just woke up now. So no recap, sadly. If someone wants to recap today's and tomorrow's feel free, if not, I'll try to get around to it this weekend. Sorry, I suck.

You don't suck jewel, you are a jewel!  And I am so envious about the ballet.  I might try to recap tomorrow's, I am not watching these days but will try to watch tomorrow, and plus I have the weekend to get it done.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, miamama said:

I gotta admit I'm pleased too. I wanted them to go after Victor post-Marco, and be a power couple. They are both too old to be in stupid ass new love stories (Phyllis is supposed to be 50 something, not Gina's actual age).

Correct. The show is going to piss me off for the next two weeks, I'm sure, so I gotta appreciate these moments.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, miamama said:

No way. You're a star doing this everyday!

And as we all know, a star can get away with anything! :)

• Love 8

I haven’t watched much recently so I was pleasantly surprised when today’s CDN episode was not horrible.  I think it is mostly because of the pumpkin patch.  Also Jack is looking mighty fine these days, what is with that.

There were a lot of pumpkins in today’s episode.  In fact, the ep was all about pumpkins—looking for pumpkins, carving pumpkins, pumpkins as match-makers, pumpkins creating family harmony and also family turmoil.

Sharon calls to Nick to help her and he comes running out of the shower with just a towel, and he grabs all the boxes of Halloween decorations she is trying to juggle and he falls over with boxes on top of him, and she kind of leans over to help him and Mariah and Kevin walk in.  Some kidding around ensues re Nick in the towel.  Nick asks Kevin about the investigation into the stalker and Kevin fills him in, which is to say, there’s not much to report.  Sharon invites Kevin to join them as they are about to head to the pumpkin patch and he agrees.

Crazy Chloe is at the Penthouse with Chelz and making a costume for Bella and explaining how she is getting over her difficulty with Halloween for Bella’s sake.  But Chelz cannot get over it, and starts reminiscing about last Halloween when Adam was in hospital because Crazy Chloe ran him down, and he left his hospital bed to save Chelz and Connor from the fire at Newman tower.  Crazy Chloe tells Chelz she is sorry, and Chelz says, nah, it’s okay.  Chloe suggests they take the kids to the pumpkin patch.

Meanwhile, at the pumpkin patch, Lily is with her two brats looking for a pumpkin and they are complaining because daddy has to work all the time.  So Lily decides to take the brats over to daddy’s work.  BTW, they had a guy dressed as a scarecrow at the pumpkin patch and lots and lots of pumpkins.  I would go to this pumpkin patch.

At Brash and Sassy, the team is celebrating because sales of Bare/Bear/Baar (?) are going through the roof.  So much so, that they need to increase production.  Billy says the new CEO of the factory is a party guy, Harrison Sawyer Jr.  Victoria knows Harrison Sr. and says maybe she can be effective in getting more production.  Jill tells Billy to go along with Vic because he knows Harrison Jr.  Cane is disgusted that Jill is sending them on a work date.

Over at Jabot, Jack and Phyllis are conspiring to expose Pricktor for corporate fraud. Prick has been lying to his Board, which is mostly his family, about the state of the business.  He has reported that all divisions are in the black, but Prick has been siphoning money from profitable divisions to cover losses in the oil and shipping divisions.  Jack wants to use this against him somehow, but isn’t sure how.  He suggests to Phyllis that they deliver the flash drive he has with evidence to the DA, or as Phyllis likes to call her, Cricket.  Ash walks in and wants to know why Phyllis and Jack have their heads together, and why Phyllis is still working there since she was caught hacking into Jack’s computer and also, you know, screwed Billy.  Ash also tells Jack she has some good news.  Jabot’s new moisturizer is flying off the shelves and she has secured a deal with Harrison Jr. to increase their production.  Jack is impressed and pleased. Ash gets into a discussion with Jack about why he is keeping Phyllis around, and that she cannot be trusted.  Ash leaves.  Phyllis tells Jack they cannot be sure the info he has on Prick is not bogus and a set up, so she suggests they leak it GC Buzz, because once it is out there, the damage is done.  Jack eventually agrees and seems to think that Phyllis is a genius.  I am not sure what was so genius about that, but I guess he’s softening. He calls her Red, too.

Jill and Cane work on a press release about their great success, because it takes two senior executives to write a press release.  Lily shows up with brats, hoping that Cane can take some time off to carve pumpkins with his family.  That old soft touch Jill says, sure, take the afternoon off and be with your family.  Instead Cane suggests they take over the marketing boardroom to do their pumpkin carving.  When Cane and Lily leave the brats alone they fling pumpkin guts at each other and all over the room, in spite of having been warned by Cane not to do so.  He returns to find the mess and he yells at them.  Later he comes back and apologizes for yelling at them.  Excellent parenting.

Vic and Billy are at the GCAC with the factory owner dude Harrison.  Billy orders a very expensive wine.  Billy tells Harrison he bought Brash and Sassy because it was stolen out from underneath his ex and he wanted his ex to have it back.  I am unclear why this Harrison guy could not figure out from that and just common business knowledge that the ex is Vic.  They eventually get around to biz and ask for an increase in production, and he says he cannot help because he just increased production for Jabot.  Billy asks when that happened, and Harrison says: this morning.  Billy abruptly stomps out and says he cannot drink wine when he knows he was stabbed in the back.  Super unprofessional.  And he leaves Vic there with Harrison and the second bottle of wine.  Harrison then talks to Vic about Billy’s ex.  He says he wants Billy’s number so he can get together with him.  So I guess Harrison is gay, because he then went on about Billy being the total package, style, charm, intelligence and his smoldering stare.  HAHAHAHA!!!!!  Vic tells Harrison she is Billy’s ex, and then he tries to encourage her to get back together with Billy and she says, no way.  This entire scene with Harrison was quite confusing.

Back at the pumpkin patch we have Sharon, Sully, Faith, Nick, Mariah and Kevin.  They bump into Chelz and Connor.  Connor is having trouble selecting a pumpkin (!), so Faith assures Dick that she is an expert on this front thanks to Dick, and he can go with Chelz and Connor to pick a pumpkin.  Mariah and Kevin notice that Chloe is there as well, and Mariah encourages Kevin to go be with Chloe.  Which he does.   And Mariah the Magnificent is ditched again for Chloe the Batshit Crazy.  Sharon later encourages Dick to go help Chelz and Connor carve their pumpkin.  Chelz thinks she is matchmaking, and Sharon says she is not; and Dick explains the whole stalker thing.  Which Sharon downplays.  Dick says he will be there for Chelz and Connor if Dylan returns by Halloween.

Phyllis goes back to her closet office and finds Ash there with a warning to her re Jack, and also that she should keep an eye on the whole Harrison deal.  Ash wonders about the secret assignment that Phyllis got from Jack, and she is very suspicious.  Ash goes back to interrogate Jack about Phyllis.  He tells a different story than Phyllis does, which Ash notices, but then idiot Billy barges in and verbally attacks Jack re the manufacturing thing. He accuses Jack of sabotaging him for sleeping with Phyllis.  Ash tries to shut down Billy.  Jack says he has nothing to say and with a steely eye tells Billy to get the hell out of his office.  Yeah!  Billy of course rushes to Phyllis’ closet office.

Now Crazy Chloe, Chelz and Kevin are at the penthouse carving pumpkins.  Chloe is kind of interrogating Kev about this Sharon stalker thing and she flashes back to the explosion.  I guess she thinks Adam survived and is calling Sharon?  This kills my theory of Chloe having Adam imprisoned in an underground cell.

At Sharon’s house Mariah, Faith, Sharon and Dick are carving pumpkins and Dick is bonding with Sully, which is freaking out Sharon, of course.  He goes to put Sully to bed, and Sharon and Mariah start talking about SECRETS while he is out of the room.  Great idea.  We get an out of the cottage perspective so someone is looking in the window.  Let me guess, Patty?  Sharon looks out the window and screams!

Jill sees Vic at the GCAC after Harrison leaves, and Vic is furious that Billy walked out, left her to drink two bottles of wine with Harrison, and not secure a deal in the end.  And Vic thinks Jill put Harrison up to matchmaking for them.

Jack is upset after the encounter with Billy and Ash supports him.  I love their relationship.

Billy barges into Phyllis’ closet office and she has the flash drive, and he asks her what she is doing.

Previews:  Billy is behind Phyllis’ desk, and she is locked outside and he is going to look at the flash drive; Paul is at the prison asking how the hell his sister got out of the facility;  Dick is outside and beaned on the head by someone, I am guessing Patty.

Edited by bannana
I should be a better proofreader
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, bannana said:

He says he wants Billy’s number so he can get together with him.  So I guess Harrison is gay, because he then went on about Billy being the total package, style, charm, intelligence and his smoldering stare.  HAHAHAHA!!!!!  

Is this show written by JT's PR agent?

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, bannana said:

But Chelz cannot get over it, and starts reminiscing about last Halloween when Adam was in hospital because Crazy Chloe ran him down, and he left his hospital bed to save Chelz and Connor from the fire at Newman tower.  Crazy Chloe tells Chelz she is sorry, and Chelz says, nah, it’s okay.  Chloe suggests they take the kids to the pumpkin patch.

I can't. 

37 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Is this show written by JT's PR agent?

I know right? WTF? This is just embarrassing. He's so gorgeous and swoon worthy and sexy and ooooh lalalalala. I wonder if this is what JT meant by "three months"? Show would TELL the viewers to LOVE him.

Awesome bannanacap!

• Love 11
18 hours ago, bannana said:

Phyllis goes back to her closet office and finds Ash there with a warning to her re Jack, and also that she should keep an eye on the whole Harrison deal.  Ash wonders about the secret assignment that Phyllis got from Jack, and she is very suspicious.  Ash goes back to interrogate Jack about Phyllis.  He tells a different story than Phyllis does, which Ash notices, but then idiot Billy barges in and verbally attacks Jack re the manufacturing thing. He accuses Jack of sabotaging him for sleeping with Phyllis.  Ash tries to shut down Billy.  Jack says he has nothing to say and with a steely eye tells Billy to get the hell out of his office.  Yeah!  Billy of course rushes to Phyllis’ closet office.

This Billy-Jack scene didn't play out like the "spoiler article" in SOD said it would. The only part that did was Billy's take. JT is a moron. Was he not there? Billy believed he was stabbed in the back, that was true. He was all sucky and asshole-ish (as always) but Jack did deny it (article says the opposite).

Ashley -- who actually placed the order (which Jack didn't even know about until she told him about it) -- tried to explain they handled it like they would any other competitor but narcissistic Billy made it all about him. It wasn't remotely "vindictive." As though placing an order at a factory could be construed as "sabotage." RME.

Ashley was trying to tell Billy that Jack didn't do anything and wouldn't be so petty. But Billy taunted Jack again. "Jack's coming after me because I slept with his wife." aaargh. How cruel are they going to make this ASSHOLE????? The way he acts you'd think he was the one who was betrayed by an affair. But Jack was awesome. "I don't even think about you" he told Billy. And he didn't take his bait. Just told him to get the fuck out. Cold as ice.

Ashley was so sweet with Jack afterwards. I love how they are writing these two. And the dynamic with ED/GT/PB is great. 

I'm loving the subtle interactions between Jack and Phyllis. He forgets momentarily, calls her Red, and then you see the pain cross his face as he remembers. And Phyllis is trying. Gah. Got my Phack feels.

• Love 13

Okay, so I'm a sucker for creepy shows/episodes. I watch The Exorcist, Ghost Adventures, Dead Files, etc. So, this episode set during a thunder storm and power outage is totally my cup of tea. Plus, Jack O'lanterns in the background! Did I fail to mention Halloween is my favourite holiday? Anyway, now that I've gotten that out of the way, onto the episode.

Let's start with the story line I cared the least about. Billy finds his way into Phyllis' office. He sees she's about to destroy (as in break) a flash drive. He takes it from her and shows her how to go about breaking it, ie. the angle, the pressure, but then decides he wants to know what's in it. He plays a game of keep-a-way with Phyllis and manages to lure her outside of her office and then locks himself in. Phyllis pounds on the door and tries to appeal to his sentimental side by saying if he ever loved her, he would give her the flash drive. I have no clue why Phyllis just doesn't tell Jack what is happening or security. Billy has no right to be in that office, or looking at that flash drive. He doesn't work at Jabot. Anyway.

Billy puts the flash drive in Phyllis' laptop but then the lights go out! And Phyllis' laptop isn't charged. Poor, Billy! Not.

A security guard comes by and Phyllis asks him to open the office. He says maybe the janitor has the keys to that broom closet. Phyllis informs him that broom closet is her office, and Billy has locked himself in there and doesn`t work for Jabot anymore. The guard starts using his keys to see if one of them will open the door. Billy, who`s five years old, pushes his desk against the door to barricade it. *sigh*

Finally, the power comes on, the key is found, the door is opened, and Phyllis vaults across the desk and removes the flash drive. By the way, when the power came on, Billy figured out the password to the flash drive (Red) and was seconds away from reading it. Billy and the guard, who know each other by name, leave the office. I`m guessing this story line was the `romcom com` that JT was referring to in an interview.

My second least favourite story is about Chloe, Chelsea and Kevin. They are at the penthouse carving pumpkins. Chelsea comes down and informs Chloe that Bella wants a kiss, and Aunt Chelsea isn`t cutting it. Chloe says she`s on kissing duty and runs upstairs. Kevin gets a goofy smile on his face and Chelsea calls him on it. Chelsea says if he wants, he can spend the night on the couch since the storm is getting worse. But Kevin doesn`t want to scare Chloe off by being too in her face. He does admit to Chelsea that he has not given up on Chloe. Chloe comes back down and they all drink wine. Then there`s a crash of thunder and Bella wakes up. The girls leave Kevin with all the wine (lucky guy) and he calls Mariah, who is freaked out. More on that later. He stays on the line with her and then hangs up when she gives the all clear. When Chloe and Chelsea come back, Kevin is gone without a word.

The power goes off and Chelsea is freaking out because it`s reminding her of the explosion that took Adam`s life. The girls drink, Chloe tells Chelsea that when Bella was born there was a huge storm that took place. Eventually, Chloe falls asleep on the couch and Chelsea covers her with a blanket. Chloe starts dreaming about the night at the cabin when she tranquilized Adam and the subsequent explosion. She wakes up and Chelsea is standing over her with a stricken expression. Chloe says it was just a dream, and Chelsea says it was a nightmare about Adam, with an accusatory tone. Chloe freezes.

Sharon is freaking out because she saw someone outside! She screams and Nick and Mariah come rushing to her aid. Sharon insists she saw a human lurking outside and every time there`s lightening and thunder she freaks out and screams. Man, living with Sharon must be like living with a Chihuahua. Nick is just about to go outside and investigate (with Mariah by his side brandishing a fire poker, hee) when they open the front door and it`s Paul! They assume it must have been Paul that Sharon saw outside the window.  However, Paul says he came straight up the driveway and to the front door so if there was someone out there it wasn`t him. He goes to look outside and tells Mariah to put away the poker, heh. Nick wants to go with him but he convinces Nick to stay inside and protect his grandchild and Faith.

Sharon is now trying to coincidence everyone that maybe it was just a branch or shadow she had seen, but when she`s alone with Mariah she says she is sure someone was lurking outside. At one point Mariah says maybe it was Victor taking a walk and the lightening just bounced off his mustache all sinister-like while he stood at the window, haha. I love Mariah.

Paul comes back, says he didn`t find any footprints, and then he gets a call. Patty is missing! Sharon gets the bug eyes. Paul goes to the hospital to learn more about Patty. Sharon is now convinced that it`s Patty lurking outside. Nick doesn`t get why Sharon would assume Patty would come to the cottage. Sharon, who can`t admit the truth, says Patty thought they were friends when they were are Fairview together and Patty hardly thinks rationally. Mariah brings up the fact that last time Patty escaped, she came looking for Dylan, so who`s to say she won`t try again.

The lights go out at one point, and Sharon thinks Patty is behind it but Nick checks his phone and confirms that the power is out all over GC. Seeing how freaked Sharon is, Nick goes outside with Mariah telling him to take her poker. He tells her she seriously needs to put that thing down. Pfft, I say. While outdoors, Nick gets hit over the head! I bet he wished he had a poker now!

There`s pounding on the cottage door. It`s Kevin! Mariah rushes to open the door and Kevin is holding Nick up. It turns out Kevin is the one who hit Nick on the head, haha. I always knew I liked Kevin.

Meanwhile, Paul is at the hospital. Power is out, generators are running, and he`s furious with the doctors. They examine Patty`s paintings. The kitty one is okay! Turns out, Patty was there all along! She snuck off to the kitchen to get herself some chocolate pudding. Girl after my own heart. Paul talks to her and asks if she was inside the facility the whole time. Patty says she needs Paul to get her out of here. Also, Paul asked for the visitors log earlier and a familiar name caught his eye.

Meanwhile at the cottage, Nick tells everyone that no one is out there. We see a black cat with yellow eyes looking through the window then before taking off. So Sharon saw a cat and freaked out? She really is like a Chihuahua, heh.

Previews show Paul asking Mariah what she was doing visiting his sister.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 12

Great recap, and I too liked the spooky episode, especially Mariah's lines.

I was hoping in Chloe's dream they might give us some more clues but I think those were the same scenes we saw before.  Also, I keep getting a vibe from Chloe that Chelz is more than a best friend and it feels like she just may hit on her.

I couldn't stand the Philly romcomcom.

The other thing at the facility--can't recall the name of it, Stonesomething?--was that Paul saw a painting of a pregnant woman and the doc asked him if he knew who that was supposed to be and he said yes, he did.  Put that together with Mariah visiting Patty, his spidey senses should be at high alert.

Paul also was kind of shrieking at the Doctor, just like he does at Dylan and Kevin.  He's got anger management issues.

• Love 11

So I am 15 minutes into today's show and despite my I'm ok with JT, I find myself asking 'what is the point of Billy?'  I mean, seriously, at the present time, what is he present for?  Messing with Phyllis is hardly a purpose. 

I did laugh at loud at some good old soapy goodness:

Paul:  that was Stonevale.  Patti is missing. 

Cue flash of lightning and clap of thunderous doom.  Now that's daytime! 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
spelling counts
  • Love 8