Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

And, re-reading jewel21's recap, Chloe is a stone cold bitch, aka almost sociopathic.  This could get interesting though. We know she tried to kill Adam by mowing him down--that's got to be a tough thing to do.  And when that didn't work for her, she concocted this latest plan, and presumably she has him caged somewhere in a basement with mice nibbling at his feet.  And she is still BSC.

Maybe she is in love with Chelz?  Why else would she go to these lengths to be with Chelz without Adam?

3 minutes ago, Hiacios said:

Do you guys think that Adam is dead?

No, I think Adam is being held captive in a pit by BSC Chloe!

• Love 9
Just now, bannana said:

And, re-reading jewel21's recap, Chloe is a stone cold bitch, aka almost sociopathic.  This could get interesting though. We know she tried to kill Adam by mowing him down--that's got to be a tough thing to do.  And when that didn't work for her, she concocted this latest plan, and presumably she has him caged somewhere in a basement with mice nibbling at his feet.  And she is still BSC.

Maybe she is in love with Chelz?  Why else would she go to these lengths to be with Chelz without Adam?

No, I think Adam is being held captive in a pit by BSC Chloe!

Wow, Chloe is one bad b**ch. I never liked her character and after she killed Jana I completely hated her. I hope that Victor messes her up real bad.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Hiacios said:

Do you guys think that Adam is dead?

No, Chloe probably locked him up somewhere. But for now until they recast again or hope JH would return he's dead. He's too big a character to kill. JH's shoes will also be hard to fill. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hiacios said:

Wow, Chloe is one bad b**ch. I never liked her character and after she killed Jana I completely hated her. I hope that Victor messes her up real bad.

Wait, what?  Chloe killed Jana?

Yeah...

Phyllis goes on to say how Billy gets her and understands her and they kiss.

Of course Billy gets her. They're two peas in a pod. Birds of a feather. Two cheeks hugging the same bunghole. 

Jill, you asshole, making business decisions based on trying to reunite Buttbiscuit and Victoria is dumb. Stop. On a related note, before judging the man Victoria chooses to date, look first at the sleazebag in your own bed and zip it. 

I think we've reached peak Chloe, show. Cease and desist.

Jack and Connor provided a nice moment. 

Nick needs to ease up on the throttle of his banana boat and float gently into the painfully obvious coming romance with the gasping widow. 

Billy and Phyllis are at the murder cabin, right? Too bad Detective Harding wasn't still alive.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I've never liked Phack because of this.

He's.too.good.for.her. It sucks that she has to shit on him again so it can finally end, but here we are.

I hear you and agree. What burns is that GT's performance and the writing pre-Philly really showed Phyllis's devotion to Jack and I thought finally Jack Abbott gets a real pairing and Phack can be a grown up power couple. Then suddenly this out of nowhere SHIT with Billy obliterated it all.

I don't want Phack together any more. Nope.  But I want her to want HIM, to regret her vile behaviour. Then I want him to cooly dump her ass forever. (Imagining a Rhett Butler moment.)

Her choosing Billy over Jack ("boo hoo I'm sorry Jack but I wuv Billy") and show going with that scenario - Philly Phorever - is Jack losing AGAIN to the biggest loser on the show. 

So for me it's about Jack winning rather than wanting Phack. Kind of like I wanted him to be Summer's father as a victory over a Newman rather than giving a shit about Summer per se.

• Love 10

Murder cabin ( nice! ) looks suspiciously like a redo of Brad's old place which is where I thought Abby had been living. Whatever.....

per: Chloe and Jana- weren't the ladies struggling and Jana's aneurysm blew? Still hate Chloe no matter how it happened. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Wait, what?  Chloe killed Jana?

Yeah, Chloe killed Jana by basically shaking her and that caused Jana's aneurysm to kill her. I personally don't think that Jana is dead giving that strange so called relative who took her body to the UK.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, miamama said:

Tee hee! Here we go. Just in time for the reveal....

Phyllis wanted to basically lead two separate lives and they had BILLY all, "I love my brother, we've already hurt him, we have to tell him, people will get over it." Lmao.

• Love 3

So that was an interesting ending. Obviously Adam's alive and that ending of the leather gloved (in summer) person putting Adam's wedding ring in the drawer was to show that. Question is, is that person a disfigured burned Adam who got out of the house but is unrecognizable or is it someone who has Adam somewhere.

Liked Ashley calling out selfish Phyllis to Jack. That she couldn't be there for him, the sex scenes going on during Jack's talking about Adam just made her and Billy look so much worse. Disgusting duo.

Chelsea's speech was tear worthy. 

Loved all the flashbacks, Jack's. Victor's, Chelsea's. Good way to incorporate the goodbye.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

The hand is back! 

ARGH!

I hated this episode.  The combo of Philly sex in a cabin with everyone feeling sorry for Prick cause he caused Adam's death was just disgusting.  The only thing I liked about today was Travis, and Ashley dissing Phyllis.

I am still not clear what Chloe has done with Adam.  Is she bringing him food and water every day?  Is he chained in the secret passageway at the penthouse?  I really wished that Prick was in on this so that everyone could hate him more but then that never works.  I still cannot believe Stepford Drinki.  Okay now I am just waiting for the big reveal of Philly.  I no longer care about the Sully reveal.

• Love 5

I must confess, instead of focusing on the episode, I was playing Luminosity, a jigsaw puzzle, and Soda Candy Crush. I missed a lot of dialogue.

Victurd gets up in front of everyone and talks about Adam. Victor admits the reason that Adam and he bumped heads so many times was because they were very similar in nature. Victor then admits that he is to blame for Adam's death. Jack comes up and says some nice, comforting words to Victor and Victor actually seems grateful. Victor even goes so far as to clasp Jack's shoulder. Hell freezes over.

Chelsea goes up and says some words for Connor. Chelsea goes on about how it's just them now, and daddy loves him, etc. It's nice, but I feel she could have just said those things to Connor in private.

Ashley and Abby discuss what a selfish witch Phyllis is for not being there for Jack, who loved Adam like a son.

Meanwhile, Phyllis and Billy bump uglies and while Billy "loves" Jack, he wants to go public with their relationship. But Phyllis doesn't and says she doesn't want to hurt Jack. Billy tells her they already have hurt him.

Jill shows up at the memorial and is surprised to learn that Victoria and Travis are going to Seattle per Billy's suggestion. Jill calls Billy and tells him this is about work, how dare he encourage Victoria to go off with Travis, and that he better get his butt to Seattle.

Everyone is having flashbacks of Adam. Jack is remembering when Adam first revealed he was in fact Adam and not Gabriel Bingham. Jack told Adam he had better have changed and Adam promised he had. Victor is remember his last conversation with Adam in which he told him to run off with Chelsea and Connor. And Chelsea is remembering when Adam proposed and they got married again.

The show ends with a close up of Adam's wedding band being held by a mysterious hand in a black leather glove. The ring is placed in a drawer and shut. Does this mean Adam is alive? Probably. But unless he's played by JH I don't really care. Also, how many times are we supposed to mourn for the same man? Adam's like a cat.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 12

Omg so shook Adam is maybe prolly alive. I mean that totally hasn't happened before and I really believed the only reasonable male Newman heir was snuffed by that airhead. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

The show ends with a close up of Adam's wedding band being held by a mysterious hand in a black leather glove. The ring is placed in a drawer and shut. Does this mean Adam is alive? Probably. But unless he's played by JH I don't really care. Also, how many times are we supposed to mourn for the same man? Adam's like a cat.

I'm reminded of the many, many death of James Steinbeck on ATWT. I was only a full time viewers for its last five years on the air, but I think he came back from the dead at least three times that I remember. When he was finally gone and they had a body for a funeral, Barbara emptied a revolver into the casket to make sure he stayed dead. Good times.

But yeah, Adam's disappearing act is getting old. I'm fine with the character being put to pasture for a long while. They should've done so after the baby switch.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

That episode was so hard to get through. Jill having a nervous breakdown and Jack apologizing for every fucking thing including global warming. It was so painful. 

Yes, and hearing Paulie yell at his baby boy cop one more time.  What a horrible father Paul is.  Let's say he has a real issue with Dylan going rogue, he still doesn't have to shriek at the guy every. single. time.

So I guess Prick is going to find out Sully is Christian.  But he knows that Adam is the daddy not Dick.  So he will still want to get his hands on that baby and will probably use Dick to do so.  And when Adam returns, Dick will be married to Chelz raising Connor and Christian!  Just not sure where they are going with this.  

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

That episode was so hard to get through. Jill having a nervous breakdown and Jack apologizing for every fucking thing including global warming. It was so painful. 

OMG so true!  Jill heaving and Jack mooning, sickening sickening sickening!!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

OMG so true!  Jill heaving and Jack mooning, sickening sickening sickening!!

I'll give credit to Phyllis for squeezing out some tears, but Billy? My goodness. Still nothing. He's so unlikeable and unrootable. It kinda disgusts me to see how this show feels like viewers will just drool over the sex and let this character act like such a complete sociopath. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

They are really really really fattening him up for the kill aren't they? That she can stand there and let him take the blame for everything is really something. I hope he doesn't forget it. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, miamama said:

They are really really really fattening him up for the kill aren't they? That she can stand there and let him take the blame for everything is really something. I hope he doesn't forget it. 

I mean, she's also like, "Oh, no, it's not  you" blah blah, but it's not enough. And he's the one who brings up Marco, btw. He basically thinks this is all because of Victor and Jack hasn't been there for Phyllis.

The shit Billy said to Jack and Jack to Billy was also on another level of sick. I can't even summarize, it makes me rage-y.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I mean, she's also like, "Oh, no, it's not  you" blah blah, but it's not enough. And he's the one who brings up Marco, btw. He basically thinks this is all because of Victor and Jack hadn't been there for Phyllis.

The shit Billy said to Jack and Jack to Billy was also on another level of sick. I can't even summarize, it makes me rage-y.

Well it's fairly soap opera-ish in the sense that Jack is truly being set up to go nuclear at the moment and the two scumbags are only making it worse by continuing to lie.

ETA: I totally respect your decision not to recap. :)

Edited by miamama
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, miamama said:

Well it's fairly soap opera-ish in the sense that Jack is truly being set up to go nuclear at the moment and the two scumbags are only making it worse by continuing to lie.

ETA: I totally respect your decision not to recap. :)

I'll leave you with this: "I'm glad my brother is comfortable with my wife."

*gags*

• Love 7
12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

You know they have to. That's all Billy has, especially. Between the writing and JT's performance, he basically despises Jack for no reason.

Correct. That IS all that Billy has. 

How long ago was it that JT did that Facebook chat where he said to give it 3 months? Erm, I'm not seeing anything at all. And I hope he didn't mean that Phyllis and Billy would no longer be an aflair but a legit8mate couple. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, miamama said:

It's still about Philly love, isn't it. Jesus.

Aha, I'm reading it differently. To me, Jack's being set into the John Abbott mold here. And everything's being set up for the big explosion. And UO warning, I didn't mind yesterday's show, other than stupid Dylan propping. To me, there are a bunch of threads being pulled at the moment, and this is kind of satisfying because I've found it a bit draggy lately.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DivaT said:

If Jack is now John, can we expect this weak writing to continue for perpetuity. 

Please god NOOOOOOO.

I agree @pearlite that it is set up for the explosion coming. (I haven't watched but I will likely check out the Phack scene.) I was referring to the Billy wuvs Phyllis nonsense with Jill. 

• Love 3

So last night I ended up falling asleep at 6 PM and therefore there was no recap. I'll try and do a general one for the last two episodes.

Summer, who didn't attend Adam's funeral, was at the police station instead giving a statement to Paul. Paul mentions that Luca hasn't been transported yet if she wants to speak with him. Summer says she doesn't, put as she opens the door to Paul's office; Luca is standing around in handcuffs. He finally looks better, and that's because his hair isn't all poof’d, and he's not wearing a stupid vest. They talks, and Luca says while the plan was to sleep with her, he really did fall in love with her. Blah, blah, bye Luca.

Abby isn't feeling her marriage anymore. The distance with Stitch has become too great. When Stitch mentions wanting to "talk" with Abby she thinks he means he wants a separation. As it turns out, Stitch wants to try for another baby. Stitch gets called back to the hospital before they can get further into the discussion. Abby runs into Summer at Crimson Lights after her visit to the police station. They talk, and Abby admits she isn't feeling the whole baby thing anymore. Later, when Abby meets up with Stitch again, she comes clean about not wanting a baby.

Sharon, of course, is still being paranoid. She freaks out to Mariah about Dullen still investigating Adam’s murder. She’s scared that Dullen digging will somehow make the truth about Sully come out and ruin her marriage. Mariah tells Sharon she isn’t making sense, there’s no way Victor even knows about Sully, and Sharon needs to calm her ass down before she does tip off Dylan. Mariah leaves and Stitch shows up with some information Dylan wanted about Adam’s case. Dylan overhears Sharon telling Stitch to tell Dylan not to keep digging into the case. Dylan isn’t happy and Stitch leaves. Dylan and Sharon start getting into it and Sharon takes off in frustration. Mariah comes home and Dylan says he wants Mariah to come clean about Sharon but then Sully starts to cry. Dullen tells Mariah not to go anywhere, because they will be continuing this discussion.

Dylan goes upstairs and Sharon comes back from her walk. Mariah tells her that because of Sharon’s manic behavior Dylan now wants Mariah to come clean about Sharon. Dylan walks in during this exchange and once more Sharon lies and drags Mariah into it. Sharon says Mariah had gone to see Victor to see if he might let something slip about his involvement in Adam’s death. And now Victor is suspicious and Sharon is worried about how Victor will react when Dylan tries to find out what happened. Or something. I don’t know anymore. The whole exchange didn’t make much sense. Or maybe I wasn’t listening properly. Anyway, Dylan refuses to stop digging and Sharon is incredulous.

Jill and Billy are fighting at the mansion about his affair with Phyllis. Jill keeps clutching at her chest the entire conversation and finally gasps. Billy thinks Jill is faking and Colin walks in and demands to know what is going on. Jill gasps at Colin to call an ambulance and Billy seems to finally realize that Jill isn’t faking this episode.

At the hospital, Billy is apologizing and Stitch walks in with the results. Colin and Billy go into the hallway and Stitch informs Jill that she didn’t have a heart attack, she had acid reflux. Jill doesn’t want Stitch to tell her family her diagnosis. She wants to stay in the hospital bed awhile longer, but Stitch tells her other people need the bed, and she’s being discharged.

Stitch goes out in the hallway and tells a worried Colin and Billy that they can go in now. They both want to know if Jill will be okay, and Stitch tells them to ask the patient. He seems exasperated and I’m already amused.

The boys walk in and Jill is lying in bed with her back to them and her hair covering her face. Jill turns around and is super pale thanks to a bunch of power she applied to her face. She plays the sick card and is quite over the top and Billy feels terrible and is eating it up. However, Colin can tell after a moment or two that Jill is faking and amusedly plays along. Billy leaves and Colin calls Jill out on her b.s.

Phyllis and Jack have a talk outside and Phyllis says she’s been lying to Jack. Phyllis admits that she’s been avoiding Jack and running from her marriage because every time she’s with Jack, she sees Marco. It’s a well-acted scene by both parties and at the end, per Jack’s suggestion, they agree to go to counseling and really work on their marriage.

Phyllis later shows up at the Mansion and tells Billy that it’s over between them. She and Jack finally talked and she loves Jack. Phyllis explains to Billy that every time they were together, she was running away from herself and her marriage because she hadn’t dealt with the whole Marco thing. Phyllis stresses that she really wants to work on her marriage. Phyllis tells Billy that for her there was only ever Jack. Billy isn’t pleased but doesn’t say much and Phyllis leaves.

Colin gets Jill to admit that Phyllis and Billy had an affair. He promises not to blackmail her son. But, then he runs into Jack at the GCAC and tells him he knows something about Phyllis and for a million dollars he’ll let Jack in on it. Jack tells him to get lost and leaves.

• Love 10

There's a mere million dollars standing between Jack's wingtips and Billy's inferior posterior. Worth every damn penny if you ask me. 

Only Buttbiscuit would assume his mother is faking a cardiac event to keep him in line. No wonder she prefers Cane. Of course, only Buttbiscuit would fall for the powdered face trick. 

You know how the government has rules and regulations about how many rodent hairs or bug parts can be in your food and still be legal? I feel like there should be a similar law regarding how much Stitch can be in a soap opera and still make it to air. 

I don't understand Sharon's concern about the investigation into Adam's murder. She doesn't know Adam is Sully's biological father. Dylan doesn't know anything about anything. And for pete's sake, Mariah deserves better than to be her mother's babysitter. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Jill and Billy are fighting at the mansion about his affair with Phyllis. Jill keeps clutching at her chest the entire conversation and finally gasps. Billy thinks Jill is faking and Colin walks in and demands to know what is going on. Jill gasps at Colin to call an ambulance and Billy seems to finally realize that Jill isn’t faking this episode.

At the hospital, Billy is apologizing and Stitch walks in with the results. Colin and Billy go into the hallway and Stitch informs Jill that she didn’t have a heart attack, she had acid reflux. Jill doesn’t want Stitch to tell her family her diagnosis. She wants to stay in the hospital bed awhile longer, but Stitch tells her other people need the bed, and she’s being discharged.

UGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

You know, when Stephanie Forrester did this , it made sense given her alleged fondness for Taylor and she knew her son was a human waffle who'd spend the next thirty years bouncing between her and Brooke if Ronn Moss didn't quit.

But for Jill? She was barely in Billy's life for the Victoria years and beside their one time boink decades ago, I dunno how much fondness for Jack she has either. This kind of manipulation is beneath her.

• Love 3

I don't understand Sharon's concern about the investigation into Adam's murder. She doesn't know Adam is Sully's biological father. Dylan doesn't know anything about anything. And for pete's sake, Mariah deserves better than to be her mother's babysitter. 

You bring up a good point. I didn't understand her rationale about Dylan's continued pursuit of more facts in Adam's "escape" and subsequent "death", because she didn't know about Sully not being Nick's, but they explained it by Sharon telling Mariah that she was afraid that by Dylan poking around and possibly grilling Victor, it would make him retaliate by poking around in their personal lives - meaning HER'S and she was afraid in doing so he'd find out about Sully. I'm thinking that nosing around in Chelsea's penthouse looking for more clues, Dylan stumbles across a sliver of paper or something that Adam had regarding Christian's paternity or Chelsea just flat out comes out and spills the tea to him about it. Even doing so, though, shouldn't in and of itself be the end of the road for Sharon's secret, because everyone including Chelsea and Adam had no reason to believe that Sully is really "dead" baby Christian. So, it probably means that Sharon inadvertently blurts out the truth when Dylan confides to her that Christian was really Adam's son not Nicks, and she just figures he knows that the baby was stolen From the NICU and given to Sharon at the loony bin by the evil Dr. Anderson-Mengle.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 2

I watched (most of) this episode -- my first in months -- and I was very very pleased with the dialogue between Phack and with what Phyllis said to Billy. They are absolutely going the route of Phyllis was out of her mind in this affair and she's come to her senses. Billy, though. Holy fuck me.  

Phyllis: "I have been punishing Jack for looking like Marco." 

Billy: "You do get that he'll always look like that, right?"

That is the funniest shit I've ever heard. Could this prick be written to be any more of a narcissistic juvenile piece of SHIT?????

But yeah when Jack said "We need to stop expecting other people to fix us -- Ashley for me and Billy for you -- we need to get through this together. We need help." 

And Phyllis to Billy: 

"Once Jack and I talked, all of the reasons we had to do this (gesturing to her and Billy) disappeared." 

"Before Marco, there was Jack. Before you, there was Jack. And I have to find that man again. That beautiful, loving decent man who's been waiting for me."

"Our affair had nothing to do with you. It had everything to do with me. I needed a place to run. And you were that place."

Someone has taken the pen out of Pratt's hand.

Also, what was JT trying to convey in that scene? He seemed bored.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, miamama said:

Billy: "You do get that he'll always look like that, right?"

That is the funniest shit I've ever heard. Could this prick be written to be any more of a narcissistic juvenile piece of SHIT?????

I don't get how JT does it. This writing. How do you even play that line without automatically looking like an ass? I hate what they've done to Billy. I really do.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't get how JT does it. This writing. How do you even play that line without automatically looking like an ass? I hate what they've done to Billy. I really do.

It is dreadful. I am no fan of his performance on this show but I agree, the writing for him is garbage.

Whatever they try with him feeling bad with Jack once the affair is outed is going to ring so hollow because he has shown only contempt for him. I don't understand why the show made zero effort to establish a bond between Jack and JT's Billy. They spent so many hours with these repetitive Philly scenes why couldn't they have thrown in a handful of scenes of Jack and Billy just HANGING? Just being brothers. Funny, loving, kind, friendly. Billy should have been emotionally supportive of Jack when he learned about Marco. It would have been really moving and given JT a chance to, I don't know, play something else. I feel like this intense brooding character crazy in love with Phyllis is ALL HE HAS PLAYED since he's been on.

He did admit to Jill that he had been selfish and an ass. So his rehabilitation is looming, perhaps?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Only Buttbiscuit would assume his mother is faking a cardiac event to keep him in line. No wonder she prefers Cane. Of course, only Buttbiscuit would fall for the powdered face trick. 

You know how the government has rules and regulations about how many rodent hairs or bug parts can be in your food and still be legal? I feel like there should be a similar law regarding how much Stitch can be in a soap opera and still make it to air. 

Ah yes, Ididn'tevenlikeyouonGHBilly, you truly devolve each day into a bigger suckhole of adolescent self-absorbtion. And that gives adolescents a bad rap. Good thing he's so damn stupid he was dumb enough for Jill to trick.

Stitch? Why is that actor still on? Other than soap-opera-required-doctor character, there is no reason. And, a word to you, writers: sudden, unmotivated turnarounds such as this baby-making turn, don't work. They didn't even work for Abby, and that's saying something. Not quite sure what.

No one understands Sharon's newest layer of obsession. Maybe it just gives her more opportunities for bug-eyed, soapy moments. Or for moments to nip out into the woods in a black cocktail dress and heels for a wholesome walk. Presumably before returning to clipping coupons or meaningfully folding baby clothes.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, miamama said:

He did admit to Jill that he had been selfish and an ass. So his rehabilitation is looming, perhaps?

And then followed up that scene with him STILL wanting to screw Phyllis behind Jack's back and insulting his brother and his marriage. They won't give Billy consistent feelings or behaviors.

And if this is "real love" with Philly, why not write Billy as sacrificial? "I love you, but I'll let you go. I want you to be happy, even if it's without me."

• Love 4