Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

‘Dancing With the Stars’ Boss Defends Anna Delvey Casting, Ponders Adding On Set Therapists and Previews ‘Fierce’ Season 33
By Emily Longeretta   Sep 12, 2024
https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/dancing-with-the-stars-anna-delvey-casting-therapist-season-33-1236141548/

There’s been a bit of backlash around the casting of Anna Delvey this year, since she was a convicted felon and had to get permission from ICE to compete. What do you say to that?

[SHOWRUNNER CONRAD GREEN:] We’ve always tried to be a very broad church when it comes to the types of people, the types of backgrounds, the types of stories we have on the show. Anna is fascinating to a lot of people, a lot of people have watched the dramas about her life and have followed her story, so I think there is an inherent curiosity about her. She’s very into the world of fashion and those kinds of things, so I think she’ll actually present very well as a dancer. I think people really want to see her. She’s a very valid and interesting part of that cast. Yes, she had the issues she’s had, but we’ve had other people on the show who’ve had criminal issues in the past. She served her time. I think it’s perfectly valid for her to be on the show, and I think people have been really curious to see how she performs.

Edited by tv echo
  • Angry 2

Olympian Stephen Nedoroscik jokes it’s time his feet 'get the spotlight' on Dancing With the Stars (exclusive)
By Emlyn Travis  Published on September 12, 2024
https://ew.com/olympian-stephen-nedoroscik-wants-feet-in-spotlight-on-dancing-with-the-stars-8711506 

When asked if he’d keep his glasses on in the ballroom, Nedoroscik replied, “Not sure yet.” The 25-year-old, who has multiple eye conditions, jokingly added that he could very well find himself without them if something goes wrong during his and pro partner Rylee Arnold’s performance. 

“You never know which one of these kicks is gonna [make them go] pew,” he said, making a soaring sound.
Nedoroscik admitted that he’s got “no dance background at all,” but maintained that it just provides a “clean slate” for Arnold to teach him. At the time of the press event, the pair had already completed a few of their rehearsals. 

“It’s been great. It's been so fun,” Arnold said about their practices. “Stephen works so hard, and we have a good time together. It’s been so good.”

Edited by tv echo