Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Star Trek: Lower Decks in the Media

Star Trek continues its slow spiral into meaninglessness even as corporations cannibalize the corpse.   The same thing has happened to Batman. 

It's hard to watch characters and series emblematic of my youth be carved up and sold off.

• Like 3

It's amazing how well-written and professional "Star Trek: The Animated Series" from the 70's will look by comparison.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Call me a snob, but I don't remember Star Trek ever trying to appeal to the lowbrow segment of the population (and yeah, I consider adult cartoon series lowbrow).   Every Trek incarnation has celebrated the improvement of the human condition by the advancement of intellect, compassion, good will and high moral values.  

Without those elements, it's not really Star Trek.   

Edited by millennium
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 2:00 AM, azshadowwalker said:

The only thing I found interesting in that article was that they are making a new ST with Patrick Stewart. I think I will skip animated Trek. 

There is a trailer out for that.  Of course, not everyone is crazy about a show which some think will make Picard a side character in his own show.  I'm curious if Seven of Nine and B4/Data will really be there or just hallucinations.

There have also been rumors of issues on the production side of things.

I'm definitely skipping Lower Decks.  

Ugh. Anything associated with "Rick and Morty" already indicates that it won't take Trek history or canon seriously.

Plus, this is an ANIMATED show. Why is everyone human or biped? You can make characters look like spiders or blobs or gaseous clouds. The Orville has a blob and their budget is minimal.

• Like 1

Earlier posts have been moved to episode topics. 

Note: When I couldn't figure out what episode they were referring to or if it was a general comment, I used the date. 

• Like 2

‘Star Trek: Lower Decks’ Creator Mike McMahan Inks Overall Deal With CBS Studios

Mike McMahan, the creator of “Star Trek: Lower Decks,” is cementing his future at CBS Studios.

The writer and producer has inked a new two-year overall deal with the studio. Under the pact, CBS Studios will have the exclusive rights to produce all TV content created and developed by McMahan.