Type keyword(s) to search

Disguises: The Cast in Other Roles

• Start Topic

I decided to start this because I’ve seen a little discussion about the adults other roles in the episode thread. 

I knew Michael Cudlitz from other roles but I didn’t become a fan until Southland. He was so passionate about his role and the show itself on Twitter, it was so nice to see such devotion. I still miss that show. 

I don’t think I really knew Mary McCormack from anything else, but I actually really liked her on In Plain Sight. 

• Love 1
On 10/22/2018 at 9:20 PM, marypat57 said:

Mary McCormack was on The West Wing.  She played the character Kate Harper who was President Bartlett's deputy national security advisor.

I think I am the only person on the planet that didn't watch that show. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Whimsy said:
On 10/22/2018 at 8:20 PM, marypat57 said:

Mary McCormack was on The West Wing.  She played the character Kate Harper who was President Bartlett's deputy national security advisor.

Nope, I didn't watch it either. I know Mary McCormack from In Plain Sight. I know Micheal Cudlitz from The Walking Dead and I can't believe it's him in this role. I honestly wouldn't have recognized him here without his name in the credits telling me.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Off topic: I didn't watch it in the original run, but last year I watched it on Netflix. It has aged well, and I highly recommend it.

On 10/27/2018 at 5:31 AM, dingochick said:

Christopher Paul Richards, the no-conscience kid Joey, was in last season’s Me, Myself & I, which also had a nostalgic feel in part. He was a scene-stealer there and he is shining on this show. Love him!

I love Christopher Paul Richards too and totally agree that he's a scene-stealer!  He is actually the only actor in the entire cast with whom I was previously familiar - his Justin character on Me, Myself & I was my favorite, by far.  He's also the reason I checked out this show.

The entire cast though is impressive!  The casting director really knocked it out of the park, didn't he/she?  I didn't think I was going to be able to keep all the kids straight, but I actually had no problem with that even in the pilot.  They each seem so distinctive and very well acted. 

• Love 3
On 10/27/2018 at 2:31 AM, dingochick said:

Christopher Paul Richards, the no-conscience kid Joey, was in last season’s Me, Myself & I, which also had a nostalgic feel in part. He was a scene-stealer there and he is shining on this show. Love him!

I really love that kid! I haven’t liked a kid actor as much in such a long time!

I remember Michael Cudlitz from 90210 and an episode of Buffy!

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I really love that kid! I haven’t liked a kid actor as much in such a long time!

I remember Michael Cudlitz from 90210 and an episode of Buffy!

Woah!  Michael Cudlitz was a zombie in The Zeppo?!!  I love that episode.

• Love 1

The kid who plays Joey's best friend (featured in the episodes where they are trying to see Barbara Eden on the Bob Hope special and the one where Joey hosts the poker game and this friend works at "Seafood Fart/Fort" and brings the bag of crabs to the treehouse) was on Schooled last night as a new kid who moves to town and is a jerk to the cool teacher.

ETA:  Oh, and the actress who plays Peggy was in Will and Grace last night as Grace's sister.  It took me a sec to recognize her with long red hair and modern slovenly clothes.  I don't know if she played this character before or not, as I didn't keep up with Will and Grace later in its first run. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but I laughed at the fact that, while the sister is supposed to be kind of low-class and tacky and rough around the edges, she still seemed a bit nicer than Peggy!

Edited by Cowgirl
More info
  • Love 2
On 2/1/2019 at 12:43 PM, Cowgirl said:

ETA:  Oh, and the actress who plays Peggy was in Will and Grace last night as Grace's sister.  It took me a sec to recognize her with long red hair and modern slovenly clothes.  I don't know if she played this character before or not, as I didn't keep up with Will and Grace later in its first run. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but I laughed at the fact that, while the sister is supposed to be kind of low-class and tacky and rough around the edges, she still seemed a bit nicer than Peggy!

Mary McCormack has played Grace's sister Janet in one other episode - "One Job", aired last March - an episode that dealt with Grace going home for her late mother's (Debbie Reynolds) birthday.  Hers's a "Previously TV" article about the episode: http://previously.tv/will-and-grace/will-grace-celebrates-bobbie-adler-with-a-bitchy-birthday-party/

Edited by MaryMitch
  • Love 1

Thanks MaryMitch!  I'm at work and just hop on here for a quick break now in then, so I can't do research, but I wonder if Mary McCormack ever played her sister in the earlier iteration of Will and Grace?  If I get time later I'll try to remember to check.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:01 AM, Cowgirl said:

Thanks MaryMitch!  I'm at work and just hop on here for a quick break now in then, so I can't do research, but I wonder if Mary McCormack ever played her sister in the earlier iteration of Will and Grace?  If I get time later I'll try to remember to check.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:16 PM, Snow Apple said:

I know Geena Davis played Janet in one episode of the original Will & Grace, but I don't remember if Janet made another appearance until the reboot.

The reboot has the only episodes that Mary McCormack appeared in - here's her IMDB page:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005203/?ref_=nv_sr_1

They are the only 2 actresses that have played Janet.

• Love 1

The manager that mistakes Wendy for a prostitute starred in a 2006 movie called Coffee Date as a straight man who questions his sexuality after befriending Ricky Vasquez from My So-Called Life. Super-low budget and cringey at points, but as far as that genre goes, not a bad entry.

I just started watching this on Hulu and now it gets cancelled...

I like the cast, I hope to see little Pat somewhere because that kid has excelled timing for comedy. Want to see if it is luck or real talent. 

• Love 2