Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Justice for Cable

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Business becomes personal for Bull when TAC assists with a civil suit against the bank that funded the terrorists responsible for Cable’s death. Also, Marissa enlists her former homeland security co-worker and international banking cyber-investigator, Taylor Rentzel, to help with the suit.

I skipped last week due to the subject matter, but really liked this episode.  Love the replacement for Cable — was never a Cable fan so I do not mourn her loss/departure.  Jill Hennessy is a little too “low pulse” for me now — gosh, I loved her on her old shows.  But I was glad with the outcome and very glad when she thanked Benny.  So often, Bull gets all the praise at the end of a trial but Benny deserves equal praise if you ask me.

• Love 4

When I first heard the music late at night, I thought Bull was imagining Cable's presence, so I surprised to find out there was an actual real person in the office late at night. I'm surprised Cable's mother was the only person involved in the lawsuit. I would have thought relatives of other people killed would have wanted justice. My guess is that it was a budget thing and they didn't want to pay for more characters and they didn't want to waste screen time rounding up the other victim's relatives. 

• Love 6

I’m thinking that the other victims’ families weren’t involved because they weren’t asked to be. Bull/TAC did this for Cable. 

Does anyone wonder why Cable’s stepfather was non-existent and showed no support for his wife?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Does anyone wonder why Cable’s stepfather was non-existent and showed no support for his wife?  

So I thought the same thing but Cable-Mom said "he's not Cable's real father" and didn't clarify any further -- maybe he wasn't considered as a stepfather in Cable's life.  Looked like he did stand up and smile behind her in the courtroom when they won.  At least I think that was him.  Understandably happy about the $100M!!!

I've worked in IT, though not in super-secret and fancy places, and I would imagine that there are access controls on the data that Cable Replacement Woman was accessing, such that even though she was using her own login credentials, it would flag that the computer/IP address where she was using them from, was suspicious.  Thus when the breach was revealed, even though it came publicly from that website that she leaked it to, it probably wouldn't be that hard  for the FBI or whoever to look through the audit loggings and find where the breach source really came from.

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

it probably wouldn't be that hard  for the FBI or whoever to look through the audit loggings and find where the breach source really came from.

One of the first things you do if you are engaging in illicit activity is to disable any logging features that might pick up on your activity.  Or, one of the last things you do is edit the logfiles to remove any record of your intrusion.  The trick, of course, is to find out where all the log files are, and gain access to them.  There is usually more than one logfile to worry about.

So, not exactly easy, but doable.

12 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Understandably happy about the $100M!!!

I don't think that verdict or amount would stand up to appeal for one minute.  For one thing, the plaintiff introduced evidence without giving the defense any time to look at it.  In court, he didn't even introduce it as evidence, another blunder. And the jury never even saw it.   The jury might be swayed by Benny's speechifying and pontificating, but an appeal court would bounce that right out the door.

• Love 1

The only good thing about that one is I like Cable's replacement, she seems like a good balance to the team and won't be afraid to stand up to Bull.

Case was weird, Bull was too emotional about Cable's death, and I thought that case even going to trial was unrealistic even for this show. I understand wanting the guy to pay but what's 100 million going to do for Mrs Cable that 25 million wouldn't? His being arrested was unconnected to the trial, it seemed.

Best part was the judge "I like riddles. Go on". I've never sat on a jury or through voir dire and I really wonder if Benny's shtick would be "you can be done now" or "carry on" in a real court.

• Love 1
On 10/17/2018 at 7:35 PM, Sarah 103 said:

Thank you for saying this. I was confused about what happened. It seemed so strange, but your answer works perfectly. 

He bank owner was arrested for aiding terrorists. A fact that was brought out as a result of the trial. 

The only thing I didn’t like about this episode was the wonky time line. Cable was not identified as a bridge death for at least a couple weeks -maybe 3. That was established in this seasons episode 1.   This episode has the funeral first... then later - specified as 3 weeks after  the bridge collapse - the TV reporter says it’s Terrorism. So how did they manage to bury Cable before they identified her? 

Plus this is episode 4 of the season... how did the cases in episode 2 and 3 magically happen before this trial?   TAC was humming along more or less on even keel for those, but TAC acts like they are newly grieving in this episode.  

I do like the replacement for Cable. She has the maturity, experience and self confidence to stand up to Bull.  Even Marisa, Chunk, Benny, and Dani can’t seem to do that.  

I've learned need to ignore timeline issues after the episode where chunk's daughter come to visit a school and the case was brought, investigated, and tried all the the course of her college visit.

If the writers don't care about the timeline, I can't either.  I'd go crazy with all the discrepancy issues.

• Love 4

For one thing, the plaintiff introduced evidence without giving the defense any time to look at it.  In court, he didn't even introduce it as evidence, another blunder. And the jury never even saw it. 

I thought the jury can request to re-examine any evidence from the trial, as they're deliberating. He introduced the photo as evidence, and I'm assuming the judge allowed it into evidence so that Benny could go back into the courtroom and finish questioning banker guy about it. So I would assume the jury saw that photo up close if they wanted to.