Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E01: Appearances are Deceiving

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Mallory and her dad from The Amazing Race seemed prosperous.

Was she a little blond with brown eyes that was always cheerful and upbeat?  She always reminded me of a friendly chipmunk.

On 9/26/2018 at 6:28 PM, ElleryAnne said:

Gee, Jeff, way to turn someone's pain to your advantage by tying it to the theme.  Blech.

Speaking of the theme, I need it to be gone like yesterday.  I cannot do a season where half of the castaways are the human equivalent to the dogs in the commercials with the Sarah McLachlan song.

It'll be gone like episode three or four when they invariably mix up the Tribes.  The idiot "theme" only lasts long enough to use it for promotional purposes.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

It'll be gone like episode three or four when they invariably mix up the Tribes.  The idiot "theme" only lasts long enough to use it for promotional purposes.  

But we must stay GOLIATH STRONG!

• Love 4
On 9/27/2018 at 8:57 PM, Wings said:

I liked the tall black man who aligned with the 19 year old blonde because he had 2 daughters and felt he could work with her (take her under his wing).  I will have to watch again.  I was posting about the Big Brother finale as I watched. :>  

I am not too sure he did it for that reason. People who choose to align with young blonde women just remind me of Russell who wanted his idiot blondes to take to the end. I am not sure his intentions were that pure. There are many people of all ages he could find a reason to relate to but he chose the young blonde. 

12 minutes ago, himela said:

I am not too sure he did it for that reason. People who choose to align with young blonde women just remind me of Russell who wanted his idiot blondes to take to the end. I am not sure his intentions were that pure. There are many people of all ages he could find a reason to relate to but he chose the young blonde. 

I was just describing something he said to identify him since I didn't know his name. 

Edited by Wings
9 hours ago, himela said:

Ah ok. I am sorry then. 

Ohhhh, no apology needed!!  I can see where you might have thought there was more to my post.  Just clearing up my position.  Nothing more. <3

• Love 1

I thought the Goliath tribe went all wrong in their choices of the 'weakest' from the David tribe.  Lorna was a fine choice, but they should have known that a puzzle would be involved and to pick someone who didn't look like he did puzzles in his sleep, aka Christian.  I would have picked Carl, who didn't look like the strongest (like Pat) or the smartest (Christian).  I agree that anyone who goes on this game, must practice slide puzzles ahead of time.

It was a real shame for Pat.  Once I heard he had pain in his back, I wasn't surprised.  He probably has some lumbar disc degeneration (most people do once they hit their 40s, and if they're carrying a bit of extra weight, that usually causes a bit more degeneration), and all the activity, plus the waves, caused some nerve impingement.  It can be treated, though I have a bit of side-eye at saying he "fully recovered".  He probably requires regular physical therapy and/or chiropractic treatment, but the immediate sharp pain can be resolved in a few days with medication.

It really would be great if Survivor would do a "first one out" season.  So many people have shown to have rough starts, but if they make it through the first couple of tribals, they turn things around.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

It was a real shame for Pat.  Once I heard he had pain in his back, I wasn't surprised.  He probably has some lumbar disc degeneration (most people do once they hit their 40s, and if they're carrying a bit of extra weight, that usually causes a bit more degeneration), and all the activity, plus the waves, caused some nerve impingement.  It can be treated, though I have a bit of side-eye at saying he "fully recovered".  He probably requires regular physical therapy and/or chiropractic treatment, but the immediate sharp pain can be resolved in a few days with medication.

I wonder if he didn't have a discectomy. 

37 minutes ago, Special K said:

I wonder if he didn't have a discectomy. 

That's a possibility.  But would they have done it right away?    I don't know what the recovery period is for that.  He was apparently able to go to Ponderosa a few days later and partiicpate in the pre-jury vacation.

8 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

That's a possibility.  But would they have done it right away?    I don't know what the recovery period is for that.  He was apparently able to go to Ponderosa a few days later and partiicpate in the pre-jury vacation.

Possibly, but depends of course.  A family member had one and went home the same day.  I think he was back to normal activities within a week.

Pat's injury seemed really bad to me.  But often, if it is "just" pain from lumbar disc issues, they will treat it conservatively (non-surgically) at first, and will operate if there is loss of strength/function. 

My take on the new game:  I like the pretense of David vs Goliath.  I know that won't last long.  Don't know any names yet but don't see anyone I automatically don't like.  I do like Mike from School of Rock.  One lady who didn't do any work and seems to think she runs things - not long for the game IMO.  Loved the different puzzles but I would be totally useless since I can't even do a toddler puzzle with 6 pieces.

On 9/26/2018 at 6:25 PM, cooksdelight said:

They need to go somewhere besides Fiji. Especially with this weather. I want to see China, or maybe Mongolia. Put ‘em out there in the winter and let ‘em gather wood and build stuff. Alone does shows in the winter ... why not this one? Jeff, you can get some nice insulated clothing.

Mark Burnett answered that one years ago -- there's no eye candy to ogle if everyone is all bundled up!

I skiped the second half of the thrities and decided to catch up on this one, when I heard Mike White was on it. I had forgotten that these stupid alience names were a thing once upon a time. I really don't want to suffer through that again. Please send me strength.