Type keyword(s) to search

Bristol Palin: Surrounded By Water and Yet Still So Thirsty

• Start Topic

You can discuss Bristol Palin in this thread along with her mother who, at least according to the preview, will apparently be appearing on the show as well. Politics is off limits as per site rules. If something political is referenced on the show, that's fair game but keep your personal politics out of the conversation.   

@mamadrama, haven't "seen" you around the forums lately. I've missed you.

Apparently, Bristol graduated from an aesthetician program (similar to what Chelsea did) in Arizona. So I guess at least she's finished some kind of training program.  There, I said something positive about the girl, I guess. 

(Granted, my guess is most children of VP-nominees go to four year colleges & none of the Palin kids have done so...which is...different. There's absolutely nothing wrong with completing a program that gets you ready to work like that, but it certainly isn't par for the course for the families of most high-profile politicians for none of their kids to go to college. But then again it's unusual for the kids of someone who is at the VP-pick-level of politics to become a teen mom.  I can't imagine Chelsea Clinton, the Obama girls, the Bush twins, etc going around the country helping their parent campaign while pregnant as a teen.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I know others have said this but I have to throw my hat into the ring, too. She is neither a teen mom or an OG. There, now my complaint has been registered.

But she exhibits all the classic Teen Mom behaviour! Like plastic surgery, mouthing off, and a second unplanned pregnancy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Apparently, Bristol graduated from an aesthetician program (similar to what Chelsea did) in Arizona. So I guess at least she's finished some kind of training program.  There, I said something positive about the girl, I guess. 

(Granted, my guess is most children of VP-nominees go to four year colleges & none of the Palin kids have done so...which is...different. There's absolutely nothing wrong with completing a program that gets you ready to work like that, but it certainly isn't par for the course for the families of most high-profile politicians for none of their kids to go to college. But then again it's unusual for the kids of someone who is at the VP-pick-level of politics to become a teen mom.  I can't imagine Chelsea Clinton, the Obama girls, the Bush twins, etc going around the country helping their parent campaign while pregnant as a teen.)

I had to take some time off to devote to the true crime forum I help moderate. I can only do TM and the rest of the foolishness if I give myself a break now and then. 

To be honest, I actually don't have a huge problem with Bristol. (Her mother, on the other hand...) I even rooted for her a few times on Dancing with the Stars. And if they wanted to make a reality show again about her kooky family, I'd be all in. I just have trouble seeing how it related to TM. 

• Love 7

Not a shock about the arrest given how much this family likes “brawlin’.” I wish they weren’t given another platform by being on this show. Pure trash, IMO. Worse than some of the original cast even.

On 9/24/2018 at 6:08 AM, mamadrama said:

I know others have said this but I have to throw my hat into the ring, too. She is neither a teen mom or an OG. There, now my complaint has been registered.

THIS.

On 9/24/2018 at 7:57 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

All of this too.

On 9/24/2018 at 4:19 PM, DangerousMinds said:

All while getting paid to promote abstinence.

So gross.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:52 AM, mamadrama said:

To be honest, I actually don't have a huge problem with Bristol.

I definitely have a problem with some of the personal views she has expressed in the past. Perhaps she’s grown up but I won’t hold my breath waiting to find out.

• Love 13

Willow Palin was ditched by her own sister at the last minute on her wedding day after the two got into a massive fight, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

Sources exclusively spilled to Radar that Willow, 24, spent Saturday, September 29 saying “I do” to Ricky Bailey in Alaska, but her big sis Bristol wasn’t there to witness it!

Drama before the wedding exploded on Friday, when Bristol, 27, blew up at the bride-to-be after she learned their bad-boy brother, Track , 29, was invited.

“Bristol started a huge fight with Willow because her kids aren’t supposed to be around Track,” a source close to the Palins told Radar.

The source added that Bristol’s ex-husband, Dakota Meyer, banned their children from speaking with Track months ago. As Radar readers know, Track ultimately didn’t make it to Willow’s wedding because he was arrested for domestic violence the night before the wedding.

The source said Bristol was so angry about Track’s invitation that her sister that she refused to stand by her side as her bridesmaid.

“Bristol was supposed to give a speech at the wedding,” the source said. “Instead she packed up her kids and left, leaving Willow behind.”

The Palins tried covering up the family drama after the ceremony. Mom Sarah Palin and daughter, Piper, called the wedding “perfect” on Instagram.

Meanwhile, Bristol acted as if the wedding did not even happen! On Sunday, the new Teen Mom OG cast member shared videos of her children running around a soccer field, shown above.

“My world,” she captioned one photo of the little ones.

The wedding drama was “definitely” noticed by attendees, the source added.

“People feel bad for Willow because her siblings suck so much and she knows it,” the source added.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 8

Well, I'm sure MTV is thrilled by this arrest announcement on the same day of their massive TM rebranding relaunch!

Why not continue with Cate, Amber, and Maci? Add Mackenzie if you must. But Bristol doesn't even go here and makes even less sense than AYTO girl, imo.

• Love 9

I don’t really blame her, actually. Track is one messed up and scary dude. He was arrested last December as well...here is the report from the arresting officer from that incident: 

I, Adam LaPointe attest to the following and state: On December 16, 2017 at approximately 2037 hours I, Officer LaPointe was disPatched to a disturbance located at 1140 W. Parks Hwy. The complainant, Sarah Palin stated that Track was freaking out and was on some type of medication. While driving to the location an update stated that Track had broken a window to make entry into the residence and was now assaulting Todd. 

Upon arrival two vehicles exited the residence. In the first vehicle was a male Identified as Todd Palin. Todd appeared to have injuries to his face and head based on the visible blood running down his face. In the second vehicle was a female identified as Sarah Palin. Sarah was visibly upset. I was told that Track was still in the residence and alone at this time. 

While making the approach to the residence yelling could be heard coming from the direction of the house. Upon arrival at the house contact was attempted with Track by calling to him to have him come out of the residence. A male later identified as Track Palin by ADL71510030 exited the front door which was partly open. Track stood on the porch. Communication was attempted which failed due to Track yelling and calling myself and other officers peasants and telling us to lay our guns on the ground before approaching the residence. Track then walked back into the residence. 

Track could be seen moving around inside the residence. At one point Track exited the residence through an upstairs window onto the garage roof. He moved around in a strange manner and assumed a prone position just behind the roof line in what appeared to be an attempt to locate offices on the property. After a few seconds Track got back up and re-entered the residence through the same window he had exited the residence from.

After approximately 10-15 minutes communication was regained with Track and he was talked into coming back outside to talk. After talking with Track, he was detained and placed in handcuffs without incident. Track was then placed in my patrol vehicle and read his Miranda Warning. Track stated that I could continue asking him questions.

Track stated that he had consumed a few beers earlier. Track said that he had been talking to his dad, Todd about a vehicle. Track stated he had a disagreement and that there had been threats made between them. Track stated he then drove over to Todd’s house and when he arrived Todd had a gun in his hand. Track stated that he attempted to open the front door. When the door did not open he looked through the window next to the door and saw Todd pointing a gun at him. Track stated he told Todd to shoot him several times. Track said Todd tapped the barrel of the gun on the window so his [sic] punched the window breaking the window.

Track stated he then went through the broken window and disarmed Todd and put him on the ground. While Track had Todd on the ground he started hitting Todd in the head. Todd was able to get away from Track and get out of the residence.

During an Interview, Todd stated the argument had started when Track called wanting to come get his truck. Todd told Track not to come because he had been drinking and was on pain medication at the time. Track had told him that he was come anyway to beat his ass. Todd retrieved his pistol to protect his family. When Track arrived Todd decided that he was not going to shoot his son when Track came through the window. Todd sustained injuries to his face and head in direct result of being hit by Track’s fists. Todd had blood from several cuts on his head and had liquid coming from his ear.

Track was arrested for Domestic Violence Burglary 1, Domestic Violence Assault 4, Domestic Violence Criminal Mischief 4. Track was then transported to MatSu Pretrial.

https://starcasm.net/photos-full-police-report-from-track-palins-domestic-violence-arrest/

The crazy seems to run deep with this family. It sure seems like Track has some BIG issues.

This has nothing to do with anything really but Willow appears to be “the pretty one,” and I don’t think she’s had work done, unlike Bristol.

20 hours ago, gunderda said:

His name is seriously "Track"?  Makes you wonder what Sarah Palin was smoking each time she gave birth to her kids. 

And the other son is “Trig” - wtf? And then Bristol has a kid named “Trip” - the fuck?! Actually it’s “Tripp,” which is even worse.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 18

Sarah Palin is an avid runner (as am I), so she named her son "Track" because she (and perhaps Todd, too) likes to run.

Even as a runner, I think it's incredibly stupid.  I love coffee, but I'm not going to name my kid Latte or Mug. 

Willow and Piper are the only Palin kids who Todd & Sarah decided to call by actual names (and seem to be the adult children who have managed to stay relatively under the radar).  Don't even get me started on Tripp and Trigg as stupid-not-name contenders. Even Sailor (Bristol's daughter) and heck, even Atlee (her other daughter), made out better than Track, Tripp, & Trigg when it comes to names.

• Love 18
On 10/1/2018 at 1:49 PM, gunderda said:

His name is seriously "Track"?  Makes you wonder what Sarah Palin was smoking each time she gave birth to her kids. 

Trigger, Track, Trapdoor, Tugboat... I can never remember their names, but subbing in any noun that starts with a T will do. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I wish this family would just disappear back under the rock that they crawled out from under.  I mean, ok, Bristol got pregnant as a teen, it's not ideal when you're the VP candidate, but, whatever, things happen and fine, you're a family who has resources and can support her and help her with her child.  I have friends who had kids when we were in high school, it's not the thing you hope for, but we don't stone people for it.  And, I can even buy that you have a black sheep family member.  But, there's just story after crazy ass story with this family.  They are brawling in the streets on a Saturday, dad pulls a gun on a son, one is arrested for something, etc.  It seems like it is a constant tabloid circus.

• Love 10

When the Palins first hit the national scene in 2008, I was really torn about Bristol's pregnancy and her mom's decision to accept the VP nomination.

I totally get that VP nominations only come around once in a blue moon to a very tiny number of politicians and can see why no politician would pass up that offer. I also totally get that teen pregnancies happen and I certainly don't think they should be hidden or the girls should be publicly shamed, ignored by the family, sent away, or whatever. 

However, as a parent to a daughter....I also just can't understand why Sarah Palin accepted that nomination when her daughter was a pregnant teen.  I don't mean that she should have not accepted it because she was ashamed of Bristol.  It just seems to me that by accepting it, she was choosing to put her minor child who was at a very difficult time in her life in the spotlight so that everyone in the country and the world would be criticizing her for getting knocked up as a teen.  I'd hate for my teenage mistakes to be the subject at dinner tables across the US because my parent was running for national office and I was being shuttled about as the unwed, pregnant teen daughter of the pro-life politician.  Even if Bristol was okay with it, she was a teenager and I feel kind of icky about how public and how politicized this (then) child's personal mistakes and business were so damn public.  I think it's even different from the original 16&P girls' parents allowing them to be on the show - Bristol got more coverage, more ire, more attention, and her teen pregnancy/teen body was inherently politicized since her mom was the VP candidate compared to the 16&P girls who weren't political/part of high-profile political families and were only seem by the segment of the population who watched the show on MTV (compared to Bristol's teen pregnancy being discussed all across major media by Americans of all walks of life). I'm just not sure as a mom that I'd want to put my pregnant teen daughter in that position of having the nation's eyes on her during an unplanned pregnancy while she was still a child by saying yes to the VP nomination.  It wouldn't have to do with being ashamed of her (although I wouldn't be happy), it would just have to do with her privacy at a very vulnerable time in her life. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. I hope that if I was in Sarah Palin's shoes, I'd have really weighed what it would mean to shove my pregnant teen daughter onto the national stage vs how much I wanted to VP (or be famous).  

Your mileage may vary, but that's how I feel about it. I don't care for Bristol, her hypocrisy, or her hateful views, but I do kind of feel for 16 year old pregnant Bristol from Wasilla who all of a sudden was the pregnant teenager the whole country was talking about in 2008 when she didn't have the fully-developed adult brain to understand the implications of being in that position.  Even if she wanted Sarah to accept the nomination, I don't think at 16 she really could understand what all she was getting by wanting that. Now, the fact that she has remained in the public eye as an adult and continued espousing her hypocrisy and hate means I have little sympathy for Bristol the adult, even if I do have some for Bristol who was a pregnant teen on the world stage. 

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

When the Palins first hit the national scene in 2008, I was really torn about Bristol's pregnancy and her mom's decision to accept the VP nomination.

I totally get that VP nominations only come around once in a blue moon to a very tiny number of politicians and can see why no politician would pass up that offer. I also totally get that teen pregnancies happen and I certainly don't think they should be hidden or the girls should be publicly shamed, ignored by the family, sent away, or whatever. 

However, as a parent to a daughter....I also just can't understand why Sarah Palin accepted that nomination when her daughter was a pregnant teen.  I don't mean that she should have not accepted it because she was ashamed of Bristol.  It just seems to me that by accepting it, she was choosing to put her minor child who was at a very difficult time in her life in the spotlight so that everyone in the country and the world would be criticizing her for getting knocked up as a teen.  I'd hate for my teenage mistakes to be the subject at dinner tables across the US because my parent was running for national office and I was being shuttled about as the unwed, pregnant teen daughter of the pro-life politician.  Even if Bristol was okay with it, she was a teenager and I feel kind of icky about how public and how politicized this (then) child's personal mistakes and business were so damn public.  I think it's even different from the original 16&P girls' parents allowing them to be on the show - Bristol got more coverage, more ire, more attention, and her teen pregnancy/teen body was inherently politicized since her mom was the VP candidate compared to the 16&P girls who weren't political/part of high-profile political families and were only seem by the segment of the population who watched the show on MTV (compared to Bristol's teen pregnancy being discussed all across major media by Americans of all walks of life). I'm just not sure as a mom that I'd want to put my pregnant teen daughter in that position of having the nation's eyes on her during an unplanned pregnancy while she was still a child by saying yes to the VP nomination.  It wouldn't have to do with being ashamed of her (although I wouldn't be happy), it would just have to do with her privacy at a very vulnerable time in her life. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. I hope that if I was in Sarah Palin's shoes, I'd have really weighed what it would mean to shove my pregnant teen daughter onto the national stage vs how much I wanted to VP (or be famous).  

Your mileage may vary, but that's how I feel about it. I don't care for Bristol, her hypocrisy, or her hateful views, but I do kind of feel for 16 year old pregnant Bristol from Wasilla who all of a sudden was the pregnant teenager the whole country was talking about in 2008 when she didn't have the fully-developed adult brain to understand the implications of being in that position.  Even if she wanted Sarah to accept the nomination, I don't think at 16 she really could understand what all she was getting by wanting that. Now, the fact that she has remained in the public eye as an adult and continued espousing her hypocrisy and hate means I have little sympathy for Bristol the adult, even if I do have some for Bristol who was a pregnant teen on the world stage. 

Sarah Palin also had  a special needs infant at home when she accepted the nomination. SMH.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sarah Palin also had  a special needs infant at home when she accepted the nomination. SMH.

There were a ton of rumors/conspiracy theories that the child (Trig) was actually Bristol’s first kid and the Palins covered that up by making Sarah the mother. I’m not sure what I believe but if you google around there are some interesting and weird details around that pregnancy.

One article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/jezebel.com/5791915/did-sarah-palin-carry-out-the-biggest-hoax-in-american-political-history/amp

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 10

I get what you are saying.  You can have ambitions in your career, but as a parent, you also have to consider what those ambitions mean to your family.  If you are a math teacher at the local high school, that's one thing, it's not likely to impact your family.  But, if you decide to go back to school to get the degree you'd need to become a principal, then you'd need to weigh the time it would take away from your kids to complete the degree, etc.  To be a political candidate on a national level is an entirely different scope, basically the entire family is running.  Chelsea Clinton got dragged into everything when she was a child, the Bush twins and their indiscretions were out there, so Sarah Palin was well aware of what was going to come her way when she said yes knowing about Bristol's pregnancy.  

As her mother, she really needed to weigh whether or not it was worth it.  Sure, it was Sarah's time in the spotlight that would have been sacrificed, but the "cost" would/was Bristol's privacy and her personal development at a really crucial time.  I had friends who had kids in high school and it was NOT easy for them at all.  That was without having to campaign for their parent, or having the country discuss the particulars of their situation.  It's bad enough when you have just your school or your town talking shit about it.  Sarah's job, first and foremost was to protect Bristol and the baby, and it doesn't seem like she's really served any of her kids that well.  Sarah went to college, but education hasn't been a priority, they're now crazy tabloid fodder, etc.  

• Love 6
On 10/2/2018 at 4:28 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I totally get what you are saying (and agree with you), but I think it's pertinent to point out that women will be criticized for running for office with a special needs infant at home, but I don't think men would have faced that same criticism if they'd have had a small child with special needs yet were in a national election.  For example, Rick Santorum has a special needs daughter with trisomy 18 who was very young and very ill when he was running for president....yet no one seemed to give it a second thought since he's a man and his wife was presumably able to care for her since she's the woman and all.  Todd Palin certainly could have been the parent doing much of the care of Trigg, just as Mrs. Santorum was doing for their special needs baby. 

I think it would have been best for parents of either gender of a young special-needs child to not be on the national election circuit for sure (so I agree with you @DangerousMinds and this isn't really a reaction to you), I'm just pointing out that even though I don't like Mrs. Palin, society is quick to criticize women for stuff like this but not men (and I think parents - mom and dad - should have probably not ran for pres/VP at that time in their kids' lives).  

In any case, I feel somewhat bad for all politicians' kids (especially the ones whose parents campaign at the national level).  They lose a lot of their privacy just like the kids of celebrities and people can be brutal when it comes to politics. Some horrible things were said by talk show hosts with massive audiences about Chelsea Clinton's looks when she was a teen/tween. Bristol's pregnancy became the talk of the country before she'd even graduated high school.  Her baby daddy Levi posed nude and went on a tell-all-the-family-secrets publicity tour. That had to be embarrassing. They themselves didn't choose to have their adolescent blunders be lived out in the public eye. (But that's no excuse to keep on being a jerk, Bristol.)

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I totally get what you are saying (and agree with you), but I think it's pertinent to point out that women will be criticized for running for office with a special needs infant at home, but I don't think men would have faced that same criticism if they'd have had a small child with special needs yet were in a national election.  For example, Rick Santorum has a special needs daughter with trisomy 18 who was very young and very ill when he was running for president....yet no one seemed to give it a second thought about it since he's a man and his wife was presumably able to care for her since she's the woman and all.  Todd Palin certainly could have been the parent doing much of the care of Trigg just as Mrs. Santorum was doing for their special needs baby. 

I think it would have been best for parents of a young special-needs child to not be on the national election circuit for sure (so I agree with you @DangerousMinds and this isn't really a reaction to you), just pointing out that even though I don't like Mrs. Palin, society is quick to criticize women for stuff like this but not men (and I think parents of either sex should have probably not ran for pres/VP at that time in their kids' lives).  

You’re absolutely right and i agree. 

• Love 5

Yep, Rick Santorum has used his daughter as part of his pro-life platform and basically just takes credit for having a special needs child.  He's not the one, arguably, who is providing the day-to-day hands on care of the child, though, I'm sure it's his wife.  I don't care for SP, but, she shouldn't get criticized for running with Trigg's needs.  

I'm reading People magazine's newsletter and just realized Bristol is already divorced from the guy we see on the show?  That was fast.  Granted, from the preview clips they had, it seems like it was a pretty scary situation with his PTSD, so I hope that he is getting the care that he needs, but this seems like a record for a teen mom situation.

• Love 6

On the other hand if her mother hadn’t run for office when she did Bristol never would’ve gotten the (ironic) gig as Ambassador of the Candie’s Foudation to be their spokesperson for abstinence  at age 18, which came with a $262,500 paycheck. Which surely had a huge impact on why she’s been able to raise her kids, buy a home and live independently successfully early on despite being a teen mom. Plus, she has done 3 other reality shows. I’d say she likes the spotlight. 

Bristol’s definitely not unlike the other girls on the show in regard to having money and fame and therefore resources available that are not usually the case with teen moms. I wonder if she recognizes her privilege in that regard. Most of the TM cast doesn’t seem to.

Did she say she had been working as a real estate agent during the episode? If so, that’s wonderful.

Article about Bristol’s earnings from Candie’s: https://www.forbes.com/sites/elisadoucette/2011/04/06/bristol-palins-compensation-seven-times-candies-foundation-donations-to-charities/#2e835b30773e

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7
On 10/2/2018 at 2:32 PM, Rebecca said:

There were a ton of rumors/conspiracy theories that the child (Trig) was actually Bristol’s first kid and the Palins covered that up by making Sarah the mother. I’m not sure what I believe but if you google around there are some interesting and weird details around that pregnancy.

One article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/jezebel.com/5791915/did-sarah-palin-carry-out-the-biggest-hoax-in-american-political-history/amp

YES, ALL OF THIS!! Google Sarah Palin's wild ride. I will never give up my belief that Sarah faked the Trig pregnancy.

Keeping on topic, Bristol is awful. Her own brother is a veteran with obvious mental health issues. You'd think she would have a better understanding of (1) what she was signing up for when she got knocked up by a relative stranger, and (2) the serious and life changing impacts of PTSD on many veterans. Track wasn't even in combat and he's a mess. Ugh, this family is the worst. Snowbilly grifters!

• Love 13

When they introduced Bristol on teen mom they say’ 2 new moms including the most famous girl Bristol Palin “ I was thinking she’s famous? Where have I been...? I remember she was the teen girl that got herself knocked up while her mother was running for VP, but that makes her famous? I don’t know of anything positive out there about her a bunch of family drama and arrest reports, idk if she’s been on another show? I’m lost. And her son named Tripp I instantly thought of the movie “failure to launch” the main character in that movies name is Tripp. I assumed she copied that. 

Also, there’s a new show “sweet Home sextuplets “ and all of the kids have odd unnormal names that I never heard used as a first name

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 2

@Mainer Bristol has been on several reality shows including Dancing With the Stars (and All Stars) and she even had her own show that lasted one season called “Life’s a Tripp.” She was also on her mom’s reality show. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7

I think by "most famous," they mean name recognition.  Most people (aside from TM watchers) don't know who Maci Bookout, Catelynn Lowell, & Amber Portwood are by name.  But most (Americans, anyway) definitely know the name Bristol Palin.  And yes, they only know her as the teen daughter who didn't use birth control of Sarah Palin who was McCain's VP choice/SNL fodder, but most people still at least know who she is when they hear her name. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think by "most famous," they mean name recognition.  Most people (aside from TM watchers) don't know who Maci Bookout, Catelynn Lowell, & Amber Portwood are by name.  But most (Americans, anyway) definitely know the name Bristol Palin.  And yes, they only know her as the teen daughter who didn't use birth control of Sarah Palin who was McCain's VP choice/SNL fodder, but most people still at least know who she is when they hear her name. 

Infamous, maybe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Wouldn't it have been cool if they made Kylie Jenner the new Teen Mom?  instead of that random Cheyenne chick (not a teen mom nor someone that anyone had ever heard of)

not that I'm a huge Kardashian fan, but there would've been a huge contrast with lifestyles.  And she (kinda?) works, so there's that. my favorite thing was when Bristol said she'd had a job and Cate's like, "um, I think I've heard of that somewhere..."

Edited by teapot
  • Love 5
On 10/5/2018 at 10:25 AM, teapot said:

Wouldn't it have been cool if they made Kylie Jenner the new Teen Mom? 

Gonna have to go with NO! She’d be an even less realistic portrayal of the average TM. Did you watch her show? She’s boring as hell on top of it.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 8

(I am by no means a fan of the Jenner-Kardashian family.)

Kylie does seem to leave her couch, though, so I suppose that disqualifies her as a MTV Teen Mom. 

(And I don't want to see her on the TM shows, either, not that I watch anymore.)

• Love 9
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, mamadrama said:

I had to take some time off to devote to the true crime forum I help moderate. I can only do TM and the rest of the foolishness if I give myself a break now and then. 

To be honest, I actually don't have a huge problem with Bristol. (Her mother, on the other hand...) I even rooted for her a few times on Dancing with the Stars. And if they wanted to make a reality show again about her kooky family, I'd be all in. I just have trouble seeing how it related to TM. 

ITA-why does she  have to be stuck in this?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, druzy said:

See I can almost believe her parents did tell her sink or swim. My parents were clear when any of us turned up pregnant. They came from," WE have money. You do not. What are your plans?" Did not stop any of my sisters from moving on out with their dreamboats and often the pregnancy was longer than the marriage. 

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 3

And even so, she had built in access to making money via The Candies Foundation and all her reality shows and interviews...which her parents damn well knew about. They all knew she’d be fine. She was making six figures at 18/19.

• Love 10

In addition to Bristol's claims being documented as BS, what's with the "that's what good parents should do"? Being supposedly cut off financially didn't stop Bristol from having sex outside of marriage or from getting pregnant outside of marriage again. So why should good parents do it? She's proof that all it does is make your child struggle more than is necessary (or would be proof if it had actually happened).

• Love 11

Dakota Meyer Says ‘Teen Mom OG’ Is a “Trailer Trash” Show About “People Bitching About Their Exes”

Dakota Meyer may be a star of Teen Mom OG, but he’s certainly not a fan!

After Monday’s episode aired, Dakota took to social media to rip MTV and its parent company Viacom for allowing ‘Teen Mom OG’ to stray so far from its original purpose— to show the hardships of teen parenthood— and only look for drama.

“What’s sad is that Viacom has turned ‘Teen Mom’ into a trailer trash ‘Real Housewives’ instead of showing what the true struggles of parenting are,” the ex-husband of Bristol Palin wrote in a message posted to his Instagram account on Tuesday. “I’ll bring my VLOG back and show you what single parenting looks like since they can’t seem to figure it out.”

“It’s time to call it what it is @TeenMom, parenting is way more than everyone sitting around bitching about their exes,” he wrote.

Dakota was likely fired up over a particular scene from Monday night’s episode in which Bristol talks to her son Tripp about the possibility of him continuing to have a relationship with his former stepdad Dakota, despite the fact that Dakota and Bristol are divorced. Tripp was seen saying he did not want to keep in touch with Dakota, although the boy looked incredibly uncomfortable having the conversation with his mother, let alone on camera for a TV show.

While Dakota has frequently used social media to take jabs at Bristol (just as she has done to him), he has stayed relatively quiet on his feelings about the show, except to say that he was basically forced into filming by Bristol.

“I hate it but I had to in order to get my kids,” he told an Instagram follower back in October.

Bristol has yet to respond to her ex’s post; however (not surprisingly), Ryan Edwards‘ wife, Mackenzie, “liked” Dakota’s rant about MTV on Instagram.

• Love 2

“What’s sad is that Viacom has turned ‘Teen Mom’ into a trailer trash ‘Real Housewives’ instead of showing what the true struggles of parenting are,”

...he said, headed into the bank to cash his fat check for appearing on...Teen Mom.