Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E12: Unhappy Days

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

One player is left shook when their partner hurls an unforgivable insult at them. The players find themselves locked up and puzzled at the "Caged In challenge." At the "Tread Lightly elimination," a shocking matchup has tremendous impact.

Airs September 25, 2018.

Heaven help me, I'm planning on going to a live viewing next week. I figured we'd get a dud tonight because next week's episode title is so intriguing: "The People vs. Johnny Bananas." But tonight was fun, in the show's fucked-up way.

Once again, the rules give us shitty situations. Shane & Nelson are tied with two other teams, so Johnny & Tony pick them to go in. Then it turns out they were the only team to vote for them . . . meaning their vote counted three times. But then Brad & Kyle got picked by Lavender Lad & Nelly (because Tananas was safe), and shit went sideways in an awesome way. I can see where Kyle is coming from in regards to losing in a "carnival game" . . . but this series is 90 percent carnival games. Also didn't Cara Maria say roughly the same thing in BOTB? I will say the Armageddon was fun in design and in execution, and the treadmills didn't look like lazy planning. Given that winning was more about the learning curve than skill or strength, I wouldn't say it was an upset, but Shane & Nelson winning was unexpected.

And, even better, Brad & Kyle go to R-House! Sadly, the boys don't immediately break furniture for the purpose of beating Paulie into a pulp. That's a shame, since he pulls it out and wanks it in interviews, where he's safe from harm. Nobody worth rooting for in that house, aside from the roof collapsing. I'd say that Brad & Kyle were favorites to return to the game, but we'll probably get a situation where somebody else pulls the Double Cross and picks Paulie & Natalie for the easy win. Cut to the boys. "Corr . . . corr blimey?!? What the fook?!?" "My kids . . . .they're taking money away from my kids . . . "

And then we get a mission which doesn't show the smartest people, but shines a spotlight on the dumbest. I don't feel like slagging Amanda, but the graffiti on the walls in the "cells" had to be clues. Sarah probably would've figured that out about a half-mile from the site. Anyway, it comes down to Cara Maria being more useless in helping Marie than Hunter with Smashley, and they're going to be penalized next mission. Whatever. Oh, and to whomever thought to put in "Who Watches The Watchmen"? I love you. Really. "'Do'? You act like I was going to give you any chance to defeat me. I voted for you thirty-five minutes ago."

ETA: Hunter saying he'd be going after Smashley's family. I'm not a far of hers, but where in the name of fuck did that come from?!?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 5

Some respect to Nelson for going for a non predictable choice.  Sorry, can’t give any props to Shane, ever.  Way to be sore losers Brad and Kyle.  You didn’t pick Nelson and Shane out of some loyalty to them.  They don’t owe you any allegiance.

Why does anybody with any sense expect Tony to give them a heads up.  Just ask Johnny, Natalie, Leroy (and probably many others) how well that works out

• Love 8

I liked the Armageddon.  Pissed off brad and Kyle because not only did get picked and lose, it wasn’t a physical game.  Kyle called it a carnival game.

But I think in all the Armageddons and the challenges, they haven’t had the physical combat challenges of the previous seasons which favored strength and size.  I can’t think of one where guys have to run into each other or grapple with each other.

Wonder why that is, because it’s usually been a staple, which is why players like CT and Zack have done well.

Maybe Bunim-Murray decided to even the playing field?  Or maybe some players didn’t want to play if the challenges favored the physical strength?

maybe all this is related to not having a lot of challenges this season, because they had to design challenges which wasn’t about strength?

Nasty Amanda guessed right that the graffiti was the key to the puzzle.  How does nobody else notice the writ8ng?  It wasn’t as if it’s random stuff.

The road bridge last week was a good challenge, even though most teams couldn’t do well on it.  They apparently tested it, including with women, to make sure it didn’t only favor all men teams.  Seems to suggest they’re putting some thought into the design of these challenges.

• Love 1

I want to root for Zach but I can’t stand Amanda. If they win I hope Zach keeps all the money. These Lavender Losers are so obnoxious they’re making me root for John/Tony or Jozea/Davonne. 

Kam is so annoying with that announcer voice she uses in her THs.

Why did someone comment about such a big move being made so early in the game or someone leaving so early in the game, it seems like it’s gone on forever.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dangwoodchucks said:

I want to root for Zach but I can’t stand Amanda. If they win I hope Zach keeps all the money. These Lavender Losers are so obnoxious they’re making me root for John/Tony or Jozea/Davonne. 

Why did someone comment about such a big move being made so early in the game or someone leaving so early in the game, it seems like it’s gone on forever.

Exactly, I was coming in here to say for the first time in years I actually want to see Johnny do well and it is mainly because of the opposing alliance.

As much as I dislike Shane, I have to admit that I enjoyed seeing him and Nelson beat Brad and Kyle.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

I feel the same way. I really hope they win and he keeps all the money. Screw Amanda and her turd boyfriend. 

I thought it was so funny Brad and Kyle acting like spoiled children. I can't stand Shane and think Nelson is too nice for him, but I loved them calling out Brad and his girlfriend. Loved them winning. 

• Love 5

I liked this episode! I'm always up for things not working out the way Bananas wants them to, and I don't have the visceral hatred for Shane that a lot of people do, so I'm just as happy to see him and Nelson win, especially since Kyle and Brad were such sore losers about it all. I wish Amanda wasn't on the winning team in the challenge, though. She is the worst. Well, tied for the worst with Hunter, who always comes through with proof that he's an even worse person than Ashley.

6 hours ago, scrb said:

But I think in all the Armageddons and the challenges, they haven’t had the physical combat challenges of the previous seasons which favored strength and size.  I can’t think of one where guys have to run into each other or grapple with each other.

Wonder why that is, because it’s usually been a staple, which is why players like CT and Zack have done well.

Maybe Bunim-Murray decided to even the playing field?  Or maybe some players didn’t want to play if the challenges favored the physical strength?

My guess would be that it's because if the guys outnumbered the girls in a head-to-head combat style elimination, they'd be worried about the optics of, say, someone like Zach accidentally (or not) flattening someone like Marie. Or Brad giving Sylvia a concussion, or whatever.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, ProphecyGrrl said:

Pretty rich of Amanda to lecture ANYONE on bullying people... ugh.

Right?! I thought the same thing! 

The challenge was interesting, but so true that it was obvious the words on Wall meant something.  I thought Hunter would be able to toss a branch in the cage! 

Why is Paulie always looking for a fight? He comes down stairs with his chest all puffed up.  Kinda funny. Brad and Kyle are sore losers.  How dare they be picked! Ha! 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Right?! I thought the same thing! 

The challenge was interesting, but so true that it was obvious the words on Wall meant something.  I thought Hunter would be able to toss a branch in the cage! 

Why is Paulie always looking for a fight? He comes down stairs with his chest all puffed up.  Kinda funny. Brad and Kyle are sore losers.  How dare they be picked! Ha! 

Short man syndrome.  Paulie is a relatively small dude who probably always feels like he has something to prove.  Hence the over-the-top aggression. 

• Love 6

Shane and Nelson definitely played for the win here, and I respect that. That doesn't mean I have to like them, and I don't. I also don't agree with Kyle that it was a carnival game. It was a game that required planning, logistics and teamwork, and Nelson and Shane mastered it while Brad and Kyle never really figured it out. I understand Brad's frustration but he really handled that with no grace at all. 

So Ashley feels she shouldn't be gossiped about and shamed for hooking up with Kyle, because it violates her belief system that men and women are equal, and it's a gender double standard. Okay, that's fair. But funnily enough, I don't really remember her similar indignation when her pal Amanda was running the same gossip and shame on Jenna in Invasion, or when she herself was freaking out on her first challenge that Nicole hooked up with the guy she had hooked up with (which never actually happened, but Ashley was so drunk she was sure she had seen it). The LLs are constantly doing that thing where it's okay for them to bully people, degrade people, call people names, and gossip about them sexually while laughing, but if someone else does it to one of them, that person is morally wrong. Maybe they could try being better people and then they might actually have a leg to stand on when they decide to say someone else is out of line with regard to one of them. 

I'm also, for the record, unclear that what's happening to Ashley is the result of a gender double standard as opposed to just having to deal with the consequences of hooking up with the ex-boyfriend of one housemate and very recent ex-hook-up of another. And I actually think Kyle has been pretty consistently called out as well. 

What was with Hunter's random threats of aggression to Ashley's family? That's horrible to begin with, made worse by the fact that Ashley lost her dad a year ago. I'm really disturbed that he a) had that thought, b) articulated it out loud, and c) did so on camera.

I want to root for Zach but I can’t stand Amanda.

This is me in a nutshell. Also probably Zach in a nutshell. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 8

I liked the Armageddon, if only for the creativity it took in planning it. I mean, who looks at toilet plungers, treadmills, playground balls and a skinny metal trash can and sees a competition?!

Nasty Amanda guessed right that the graffiti was the key to the puzzle.  How does nobody else notice the writng? 

Because 'Look at the Wall, You Stupid Idiots' was not in Teej's Challenge instructions of Branch! Key! Run! Puzzle! 

I was also wondering if they had permission to cut down those tree branches. Some places get rather picky if you disturb nature with no good reason. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Short man syndrome.  Paulie is a relatively small dude who probably always feels like he has something to prove.  Hence the over-the-top aggression. 

He was the same way on Big Brother and you nailed it, Napoleon complex table for one with him.  

This is going to sound weird but I do not remember Amanda at all from any previous seasons.  Obviously with Zach being her rival she has to have been on other seasons but I am truly drawing a blank.   I guess she has never left any impression on me (Which is odd because even though she seems like an asshole she is pretty hot, so I would think I would remember her.).

• Love 2
17 hours ago, strippedhalo said:

I liked this episode! I'm always up for things not working out the way Bananas wants them to, and I don't have the visceral hatred for Shane that a lot of people do, so I'm just as happy to see him and Nelson win, especially since Kyle and Brad were such sore losers about it all. I wish Amanda wasn't on the winning team in the challenge, though. She is the worst. Well, tied for the worst with Hunter, who always comes through with proof that he's an even worse person than Ashley.

My guess would be that it's because if the guys outnumbered the girls in a head-to-head combat style elimination, they'd be worried about the optics of, say, someone like Zach accidentally (or not) flattening someone like Marie. Or Brad giving Sylvia a concussion, or whatever.

I also don't mind Shane. In fact, I think he's funny, and that it was smart of him to throw that previous challenge.

I really enjoyed this episode, probably because we had an elimination AND a Challenge! That's so rare these days. 

• Love 2

I laughed at Davonne screaming Jozea's name after running out of the cage and him not realizing she was out. 

I'm confused about Kyle leaving his ring and necklace on Cara's bed. Did he leave it on her bed before they left for the Armageddon? Because he didn't think he was going in. Unless they brought Kyle and Brad back to the house to get their stuff and then brought them to the redemption house. And I can't believe Cara was still excited to see it from a guy who hooked up with 2 other chicks right under her nose.

Ugh Amanda. That demon face they gave her at the end certainly fits

• Love 9
18 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm confused about Kyle leaving his ring and necklace on Cara's bed. Did he leave it on her bed before they left for the Armageddon? Because he didn't think he was going in. Unless they brought Kyle and Brad back to the house to get their stuff and then brought them to the redemption house. And I can't believe Cara was still excited to see it from a guy who hooked up with 2 other chicks right under her nose.

He must have asked a producer to put it there.  

I rewound the beginning of Armageddon a few times. It was just so funny to see them flying off the treadmills with their legs still kicking in the air.  That was a good elimination.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:53 PM, RandomWatcher said:

Has anyone actually gone home yet or are they all just going to redemption house and possibly returning?

Well,yeah, CT and Veronica........Jenna and Jemmye.......

• Love 6
On 9/26/2018 at 1:31 AM, scrb said:

I liked the Armageddon.  Pissed off brad and Kyle because not only did get picked and lose, it wasn’t a physical game.  Kyle called it a carnival game.

maybe all this is related to not having a lot of challenges this season, because they had to design challenges which wasn’t about strength?

Nasty Amanda guessed right that the graffiti was the key to the puzzle.  How does nobody else notice the writ8ng?  It wasn’t as if it’s random stuff.

The road bridge last week was a good challenge, even though most teams couldn’t do well on it.  They apparently tested it, including with women, to make sure it didn’t only favor all men teams.  Seems to suggest they’re putting some thought into the design of these challenges.

My guess would be because of the many guy/girl  or girl/girl team combinations, they need less physical competitions and more strategy competitions to make it more balanced. I wasn't a fan of Kyle and Brad's whining. Kyle has already done a season, he knows that not all challenges favour physical strength and you don't get to choose the challenge you get to do so being upset that he didn't get a physical competition is just sour grapes on his part. I was sad that he and Brad lost though. I can't stand Shane and would prefer not to see him gain any reason to act any more like a little shit. 

• Love 1