Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

And there's Uncle Negan, defender of kiddies and doggies, looking like an elderly bum who just came off a week-longer bender. 🙄 Do they have a hospital again? I thought all the doctors were killed off. Is he getting a transfusion? I hope that's pure lard they're injecting. He needs it. 

"Very terrible?" Is there something more terrible than what we watched last season?

On 1/31/2021 at 8:55 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Oh! just kill him FFS 😔

So Maggie is giving Negan the silent treatment? Ooh, that must really hurt.

• LOL 4

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on TWD, WandaVision, Flight Attendant, All Rise, Charmed, Chi Fire, Rookie and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 3 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/02/03/the-walking-dead-spoilers-season-10-bonus-episodes-maggie-negan/ 

What can you tell me about The Walking Dead’s bonus episodes? —Jud
Our resident Deadhead, Charlie Mason — having seen the first of Season 10’s half-dozen add-ons (premiering Sunday, Feb. 28) — tells me that the AMC series upends expectations by doing something with Maggie and Negan that’s arguably more chilling than letting Glenn’s widow and his killer immediately clash. The first new episode, “Home Sweet Home,” also introduces a new threat (’cause those woods are lousy with ’em!) and forges from heartache a new connection between Kelly and… Well, that, you’ll have to wait and see.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Our resident Deadhead, Charlie Mason

I read that as "Charlie MaNson" and thought "What kind of sadistic parents name their kid Charlie when their last name is Manson". 😆

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

AMC series upends expectations by doing something with Maggie and Negan that’s arguably more chilling than letting Glenn’s widow and his killer immediately clash.

Someone here mentioned that they will hook up, have a kid and name it Glenn. Now that's chilling!

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

Same here.  🤣🤣🤣

I did see one young guy on a court show whose last name is "Case". His parents, in their infinate wisdom, christened him "Justin". I heard that and thought, "Dude, your parents hate you."

So is our show coming back this Sunday? Are we going to watch it?

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

On the 28th, unless you’ve got the AMC+ streaming bundle which airs on the 21st.

I don't even know what a "streaming bundle" might be, and therefore have no idea if I have one. 😕

I was going to make a "steaming pile" crack, but the joke is on me, since I'm the idiot who keeps watching even with all those clips and pics above serving as a dire warning.

3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I don't even know what a "streaming bundle" might be, and therefore have no idea if I have one. 😕

I was going to make a "steaming pile" crack, but the joke is on me, since I'm the idiot who keeps watching even with all those clips and pics above serving as a dire warning.

If you're not paying for it, you don't have one. I have no idea why anyone would pay extra for AMC+. I'll have to live without the Talking Dead. 

• LOL 1

Wait. Wut? Did I just see Robert Patrick in a commercial for the upcoming episode?? ... If I did... I wish I could be excited. I like Jeff Kober, JDM and Ryan Hurst, and we all know how well that played out.

( *waves* Hi everyone! 🙂 )

Edited by shanndee
typo! Clearly I'm not used to posting anymore! :D
  • Love 2

Yes, that is Robert Patrick. From last month:

The Walking Dead Season 10: Meet Robert Patrick's New Character

When The Walking Dead returns in February to air six new episodes extending season 10, it's with Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Scorpion's Robert Patrick in a guest-starring role. Patrick joins the zombie drama with incoming guest stars Okea Eme-Akwari as Elijah, the metal-masked fighter seen with Maggie (Lauren Cohan), Hilarie Burton Morgan as Lucille, the cancer-stricken wife of Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), and the newly-revealed Lynn Collins as Leah. Some of these series newcomers will join the cast heading into season 11 of The Walking Dead, the 24-episode final season launching later this year and concluding in late 2022 on AMC.

Patrick plays Mays, an original character described as a rough-looking survivor who encounters a semi-drunk Father Gabriel (Seth Gilliam) and Aaron (Ross Marquand) in episode 1019, "One More." 

Thank you! Good to know that I have one thing to look forward to in the first episode. I don't expect much, given this shows uncanny ability to make normally charismatic, interesting actors ... neither one of those things.

And yet, I watch. I think I may need an intervention.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, shanndee said:

And yet, I watch. I think I may need an intervention.

Is there room for one more at that intervention? Yes, there were a couple of eps I had to turn off because I was bored to death or disgusted at the stupidity, yet I keep tuning in although I must say that without the Live Watch I doubt I would. I tell myself it's hate-watching, but I really don't know if I can take any more of the uber-annoying, silly "Princess" or deal with these Storm Troopers(?). To paraphrase Daryl, "I keep watching. That's on me."

• LOL 1

We've made it this far. Yes, I'm fully aware the show's best years are behind it. But if I want to stick it out to see it through to the end we now know is in sight, that's a choice like anything else I may decide to fritter away my time on. And trust me when I say I'm more than capable of wasting my time on any number of things that could be judged every bit as pointless or stupid.

• Love 2

Oh yeah, at this point, with only one season left, I'm not giving up. I know there will be 0 payment for me at the end of this. 

No chance in hell of me paying a cent for any of those Rick movies, in the unlikely event they ever make it to the theaters. 

• Love 1
On 2/4/2021 at 9:24 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I did see one young guy on a court show whose last name is "Case". His parents, in their infinate wisdom, christened him "Justin". I heard that and thought, "Dude, your parents hate you."

Nah - I’d just assume the parents lost a bet with God.

Edited by Nashville
Parents, not patents - fuck you autocorrect
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Is there room for one more at that intervention? Yes, there were a couple of eps I had to turn off because I was bored to death or disgusted at the stupidity, yet I keep tuning in although I must say that without the Live Watch I doubt I would. I tell myself it's hate-watching, but I really don't know if I can take any more of the uber-annoying, silly "Princess" or deal with these Storm Troopers(?). To paraphrase Daryl, "I keep watching. That's on me."

Absolutely. Would you like a seat on the couch or at the kitchen table? (Kitchen table is closer to the wine if that helps 😉 ) And yes, I always wonder exactly what it will take to get on my last nerve...but does it really matter this close to the end?

• LOL 1
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I really don't know if I can take any more of the uber-annoying, silly "Princess" or deal with these Storm Troopers(?). To paraphrase Daryl, "I keep watching. That's on me."

If Maggie wasn’t appearing I certainly wouldn’t be staying up to 2am, or enduring those constant American adverts just to watch the premier. My main fear is that although post Darabont,the decline has been long and slow, The Gimp still has the wherewithal to ‘Game Of Thrones’ the last season. That would be the perfect icing on his disastrous reign.

With the Walkers realistically now being no more than a minor irritation, I wonder what the Carol / Daryl spin-off or the movies will have to do with ‘The Walking Dead’. I’m thinking an even deeper dig into the box of ridiculous villains will be required, they’ll need someone special to face up to our new super hero Negan and little gun toting sidekick. 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Isn't that pretty much what we've been doing anyway?

Sidles away in case it really was just me.

Pretty much, but I realized some time ago that wine just isn't cutting it. Maybe I'll have to learn to like Scotch?  Snacks didn't help either.

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I know we were all burning to hear this, but it never ceases to fascinate me how recognizable names still want to be a part of his. Oh, Ponyboy.

C. Thomas Howell Returning to The Walking Dead

I didn't recognize his name, so looked him up. Doesn't ring a bell, but I see he had a great role on TWD, credited as "Hilltop resident." Maybe he'll get a name this time.

ETA: Oh, wait! He was the kid in the original "The Hitcher" movie.

Edited by AngelaHunter

He was Ponyboy in The Outsiders a million and five years ago. And he had parts in million other things over the decades.

The story mentions how he took the unnamed extra bit part as a favor to Michael Cudlitz on one of his directing turns and then asked if he could maybe come back at some point since his character, such as he was, wasn't killed off. Again, I find it really interesting how many recognizable actors are apparently jumping at the bit to be a part of this franchise, even this late in the game. It reminds me of all the turns Lou Diamond Phillips made on the Talking Dead couch to discuss FTWD because he inexplicably seemed to want to be on that show pretty badly before landing other roles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The Walking Dead lost me as a viewer when they killed Carl and let Negan live. In doing so, the show destroyed both hope and justice, as far as I'm concerned.

In any event, I saw this article in the new issue of TV Guide (sorry for the blurriness of the pics):
TVGuide_TWD022821_1.thumb.JPG.2bc6d9f8b2a208f69ccc086a0321b804.JPGTVGuide_TWD022821_2.thumb.JPG.20f5924522de64b765b3b6ab97f450d3.JPG

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Superclam said:

The only one I'm really looking forward to is "Here's Negan." I imagine they'll screw it up. 

Undoubtedly  😞

Did somebody mention tension and suspense? 🤔

Edited by OoohMaggie
7 hours ago, Superclam said:

In that second one, did one of the walkers flip them off??? 😜

I wish I could get a frame by frame on these UTube clips 🙄

5 hours ago, tv echo said:

I don't understand why Maggie didn't shoot Negan with her bow and arrow as soon as she saw him.

She’s got that lovely ‘Throwing Knife’ hanging off her belt, much more satisfying, she couldn’t risk upsetting the Brat though, after he saved her from the blizzard and all 🤢

• Love 1

So, we’ve now got ‘The Reapers’ to worry about, it’s amazing that in a world which is basically dead, you can’t seem to travel more than a country mile without running into some nefarious band of cutthroats. 
I can’t wait to see the Turnbull AC’s or the Baseball Furies chasing our gang through the undergrowth, nowhere to run to - nowhere hide baby 😂

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

So, we’ve now got ‘The Reapers’ to worry about, it’s amazing that in a world which is basically dead, you can’t seem to travel more than a country mile without running into some nefarious band of cutthroats.

That's why they were smart to end both the comic and the TV show. How long could they stretch the "new group of bad guys, even badder guys than the previous bad guys who were really bad guys" theme? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

I don't understand why Maggie didn't shoot Negan with her bow and arrow as soon as she saw him.

Hey, we're talking about Negan - little Robbie Kirkman's primo alter ego - so no harm must come to him. Maggie will have to make do with giving him dirty looks as his punishment. I guess someone filled her in that he's one of the Good Guys now.

• LOL 1

Wow, they practically released the whole episode.😂

Herschel reminds me of Glenn so much it hurts 😥

I'm looking forward to a season of Maggie giving Negan the evil eye. I freely admit to liking Negan but, I wouldn't be heart broken if Maggie gets her revenge by end of season.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm looking forward to a season of Maggie giving Negan the evil eye. I freely admit to liking Negan but, I wouldn't be heart broken if Maggie gets her revenge by end of season.

Unfortunately, old Golden Balls will definitely be laying the franchise’s golden eggs for some time to come,  he’s as safe as Car-yl are. 💰

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1