Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Woohoooo 🤗

"Father Gabriel is Scared" - is this supposed to be some revolutionary, startling thing? Now if it said, "Daryl Is Scared" it might have caught my attention.

(edited)

The Walking Dead producer gives story hints about 'jaw-dropping' season 10 finale
BY JESS LEE   June 5, 2020
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a32777015/walking-dead-spoilers-season-10-finale/ 

The Walking Dead producer and director Greg Nicotero has given fresh hints about the delayed season 10 finale.

Work on the episode, titled 'A Certain Doom', had to be suspended in March due to the coronavirus pandemic. But speaking to Fandom, Nicotero confirmed that viewers can expect to see moments for the likes of Daryl, Carol, and Negan and added that "people's jaws are going to drop" by the final scenes.

"It's one of my favourite episodes of the season," he said.
"Where we left everyone, Beta and the horde were surrounding the tower. And the finale picks up right where we left off – our group is now having to deal with this giant massive [horde of] thousands of zombies surrounding where they're safe.

"There are a lot of character storylines that are [wrapped up]. You get little bits of information here, here, and here. You want [to] end that chapter and start the next chapter in the finale.

"We address lots of stuff with Daryl, we address lots of stuff with Negan, we address lots of stuff with Beta, we address lots of stuff with Carol.
"It's already been revealed that Maggie's return is in the finale, and it tees us up very well for season 11 that it's a little agonising for me to not be able to talk about – because the last two minutes of the finale are going to just... people's jaws are going to drop."

Executive producer Denise Huth previously suggested that "maybe not everyone is going to get out alive".

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

"It's already been revealed that Maggie's return is in the finale, and it tees us up very well for season 11 that it's a little agonising for me to not be able to talk about – because the last two minutes of the finale are going to just... people's jaws are going to drop."

The beautiful one’s return is the only thing I can guarantee that will put a big cheesy grin on my face. With regards to the other “jaw dropping moments”, if we hadn’t been promised the same so many times before, yet felt let down in equal measure, maybe I could get excited about the promises. I’ll just consider myself extremely fortunate, fortunate in that I can look forward to one guaranteed high point in the finale, lucky old me 🍀

Edited by OoohMaggie

In case anyone is still interested or just out of other stuff to watch by now. Extended opening minutes of Season 10 finale, some of which we've already seen in other previews. This airs Oct. 4, to be followed by a half-dozen extra episodes they're apparently cobbling together now that Season 11 is officially delayed until sometime next year. I dropped a couple of stories that came out of Comic Con about it in the Media thread.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Extended opening minutes of Season 10 finale, some of which we've already seen in other previews.

I never saw any of this - at least, I don't think I did. This idiotic Whisperer thing has gone on for so long and is so repetitive I have no idea what I've seen.

For sure I haven't seen this. What is this? A ninja? Mr. or Ms. Death?

twdeculation.png

The last two minutes of the finale... people's jaws are gonna drop,' @WalkingDead_AMC producer and director Greg Nicotero teases the season finale

Oh, our jaws have dropped many times, but not for the reasons you think.

• LOL 3
On 7/26/2020 at 5:37 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Is that a horde of the living dead or an aerial shot of the latest Barry Manilow concert? Not that there’s much difference between the two 😁

Okay, that sent me into a giggling fit.

"At the Copa, Copa Cabana

Hottest spot north of Havana..."

• LOL 1

The Walking Dead’s Lauren Cohan Reveals If Maggie and Glenn’s Son Hershel Returns in Season 10 Finale

In a prediction for Season 11, (Jeffrey Dean) Morgan said the kid-friendly Negan could potentially form a bond with Hershel now that the former Savior leader has been freed from prison by Carol (Melissa McBride).

"I think that may be a way — we'll see, I'm not a writer on this show — but that may be a way that Maggie sees a different side of Negan, as well," Morgan said. "I think initially she'll just want to kill him, but we’ll see what happens."

Does anybody watch this show anymore and realize how inappropriate this would be? I swear, my snarky prediction that Daryl and Negan end up partners running a home for the peculiar children of parents Negan tortured or murdered is feeling less and less far-fetched by the day.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

The Walking Dead’s Lauren Cohan Reveals If Maggie and Glenn’s Son Hershel Returns in Season 10 Finale

Does anybody watch this show anymore and realize how inappropriate this would be? I swear, my snarky prediction that Daryl and Negan end up partners running a home for the peculiar children of parents Negan tortured or murdered is feeling less and less far-fetched by the day.

“Hey kid - did I ever tell you about the time I beat your daddy‘s brains out with a baseball bat while your mother watched? And she was pregnant with you at the time, too!  Ahh, good times....”

• LOL 1
19 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

"I think that may be a way — we'll see, I'm not a writer on this show — but that may be a way that Maggie sees a different side of Negan, as well,

Which side would that be? Can't be the sadist, or rapist, or cold-blooded murderer side, can it? Maybe it's the side that would smash a young boy's head in with a bat? Maybe she'd be interested in hearing about his dick or his nutsack? It must be the as yet-unseen kind, nurturing and sympathetic "Uncle Negan" side. I bet that's it, and I'm sure Maggie will be so entranced by it she'll forget all about watching him turn Glenn's head into hamburger and the fact that her child was deprived of his father.

Jeffrey, you are sounding just as delusional and silly as everyone else connected with producing this mess of a show.

• Love 3
On 8/12/2020 at 12:13 AM, AngelaHunter said:

People! Have we truly had Negan on our screens for FOUR years?

Yep. I just popped in, because I suddenly missed people here. I can't remember the last time I watched this show. I think I watched part of the episode in which Jesus was killed by one of the new crazy people. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Anela said:

I think I watched part of the episode in which Jesus was killed by one of the new crazy people. 

Be happy you stopped there. I wish I had but I'm a sucker for punishment and I also simply can't quit the live chats.

Hope you are well during these hard times. I really do like that even when this show is on long hiatus, the peeps here keep in touch!😀

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Posted a less spoilery version of this in the media thread, but also going to put it in here as it's confirmation that not only will the only two OG characters left make it to the end of the mothership, but that they'll continue to live on in one of possibly two more spinoffs.

The Walking Dead Is Ending After Season 11, But Daryl and Carol Are Getting a Spinoff

You mean it's not going to be Daryl and Carol... and Negan, that crazy, mixed-up kid?  Now that is shocking.

• LOL 1
57 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

It sounds like they haven't ruled out exploring Negan's backstory for the second spinoff they're planning as an anthology series of ZA stories. So, you know, if you're into that ...

Guaranteed they do the "Here's Negan" backstory, which could be good. In theory. 

This new Carol & Daryl show is basically the Walking Dead, continued. 

4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Posted a less spoilery version of this in the media thread, but also going to put it in here as it's confirmation that not only will the only two OG characters left make it to the end of the mothership, but that they'll continue to live on in one of possibly two more spinoffs.

The Walking Dead Is Ending After Season 11, But Daryl and Carol Are Getting a Spinoff

A Caryl spinoff? Yeah I'll check it out. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

So - The only two surviving members of the series will be (a) one character who never existed in the comic book canon, and (b) one character who was originally slated to be killed off in the Prison in Season 3?

THAT seems appropriate.  🙄

Edited by Nashville
Expansion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

not only will the only two OG characters left make it to the end of the mothership, but that they'll continue to live on in one of possibly two more spinoffs.

Nope. Fool me once, and all that. I now do not give a rat's fluffy butt about them, or anyone else associated with this show. Maybe they can take the Osso Buco kid (I forget his name) with them as in-house chef, though.

2 hours ago, Superclam said:

Guaranteed they do the "Here's Negan" backstory, which could be good.

Oh, hell NOPE.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Lol, the source material is good, but with their track record... 

I guess it could have been, with a different character. I have no desire to watch gym teacher Negan telling all the boys dirty jokes, bragging how many women he's "screwed" or playing a rousing game of "Nut Tap."

Deadline reporting...

‘Walking Dead’ To End After Super-Sized 11th Season; Norman Reedus & Melissa McBride Spinoff Set For 2023
By Dominic Patten     September 9, 2020
https://deadline.com/2020/09/walking-dead-ends-norman-reedus-spinoff-melissa-mcbride-anthology-angela-kang-amc-robert-kirkman-1234573093/ 

The zombie apocalypse series based on Robert Kirkman’s comics is coming to an end in 2022 with an expanded 11th season.

However, fans of the once highest rated show on the small screen shouldn’t fret too much at the loss of the mother show. AMC has already given the go-ahead to a new TWD spinoff starring fan favorites Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride in their roles as Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier. Created by TWD showrunner Angela Kang and Deadverse chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, that as yet untitled series is scheduled to debut in 2023.
As was announced at this year’s coronavirus induced virtual Comic-Con, the pandemic delayed TWD Season 10 finale will now air as a special episode on October 4 with 10 additional episodes to air in 2021 for the current cycle. Tearing a page out of the playbook that AMC used for the end of Mad Men and Breaking Bad, the 11th and final season of the once blockbuster TWD will run over two-years for a grand total of 24 episodes.

“It’s been ten years ‘gone bye;’ what lies ahead are two more to come and stories and stories to tell beyond that,” said Gimple of the show that debuted on Halloween 2010.
In addition to the upcoming Daryl and Carol series current spinoffs Fear the Walking Dead, starting its sixth season on October 11, and the October 4th premiering YA two-season long The Walking Dead: World Beyond, AMC and Gimple are developing a Tales of The Walking Dead anthology series. Episodic in format, Tales will likely focus on individual characters from the clearly expanding Deadverse, both new and old.

More TWD shows are in various stages of discussion too, I hear, though no indication that a Negan or Maggie Rheee series is one of them. Having exited TWD in 2018 for the broadcast network heights of ABC’s short lived Whiskey Cavalier, Lauren Cohan is returning as Maggie to TWD for the remainder of the Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd EP’d show’s 10th and probably 11th season. The Jeffrey Dean Morgan portrayed Negan has shifted this current season from his murderous villain role to more of an elder statesman of the Survivors, a ripe move to a spinoff of his own perhaps. It is worth noting that besides a recently published Negan solo comic, Morgan and spouse Hilarie Burton hosted the TWD cast heavy six-episode virtual talkshow Friday Night in with the Morgans this summer on AMC.

Plus, with all that, there are still the trio of Rick Grimes big screen adventures, starring Andrew Lincoln, which are in the script stage at Universal.

‘Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Inks First-Look Deal With AMC Studios; Launches Bigbaldhead Productions + Publishing Unit
By Dominic Patten     September 15, 2020
https://deadline.com/2020/09/norman-reedus-walking-dead-amc-studios-deal-bigbaldhead-productions-undone-comic-blackstone-publishing-1234575686/ 

Less than a week after it was announced that The Walking Dead star would be fronting his own spinoff of the cabler’s zombie apocalypse series with Melissa McBride, Reedus has now signed a first look development deal with AMC Studios.

Set to run for two years, the agreement with the AMC Network’s unit comes as Reedus has formed his own bigbaldhead production shingle.

Partnering with Brillstein Entertainment’s JoAnne Colonna and former AMC Scripted Programming VP Amanda Verdon to run bigbaldhead, Reedus has already lined up an adaptation of Aftershock Comics’ Undone By Blood, in which he will likely star, as well as EP.. Taking a new spin on the Western genre, the Undone By Blood TV series will have writers Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler as Co-EPs and Aftershock’s Jon and Lee Kramer as EPs, along with Verdon and Colonna.

Simultaneously, Reedus’ production banner has inked a deal with Blackstone Publishing that will kick off with The Boondock Saints actor’s Unknown Man book series. The bigbaldhead imprint will premiere in the Fall of next year, with Reedus selecting new books and new authors on diverse and challenging topics. “I am thrilled Blackstone has established a true partnership with Norman Reedus, bringing to life his visionary line of diverse books and creating a new, innovative imprint full of exciting possibilities,” Blackstone President and CEO Josh Stanton declared.
“It has been a dream of mine for so long to be able to share and tell progressive stories that shine a light where others don’t,” Reedus told Deadline. “I feel incredibly privileged for the opportunity to amplify innovative voices in storytelling that are visionary in fostering change in culture,” he added of the creation of bigbaldhead. “I couldn’t be happier to launch this company alongside AMC and Blackstone Publishing”

Having negotiated an approximately $20 million a year contract for TWD in mid-2018 and with Season 5 of Ride set to hit the small screen next year, the latest big swings by Reedus come as the series based on Robert Kirkman’s now concluded comics heads to its own end in 2022. That super-sized 11th and final season of the mother show in the ever expanding Deadverse franchise will be followed in 2023 with Reedus’ Daryl Dixon, a character that never appeared in the comics, and McBride’s Peletier debuting in their own TWD show.

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Annnnd we have spoilers for S10.E16 A Certain Doom. The group doing TSDF Army has gone their separate ways and some of them have regrouped as We Are The Walking Dead Fans. So credit where credit is due to them:

1. What’s the plan to eliminate the herd? Are they successful?

It's to lead them over the edge of a cliff with a carriage carrying a tape deck, playing Burning Down the House by Talking Heads. Yes to the second part, just not with the wagon because it's ambushed and destroyed by the Whisperers. It's Lydia and Carol leading them to and over the edge of the cliff instead.

2. How do Daryl and Negan end up working together? Why is Negan wearing a mask?

To get to the wagon, they need to go through the herd, so Daryl wants Negan to go as well because he has experience being among the dead. Negan refuses at first because he thinks he'll get a lot of unwanted attention from the Whisperers due to him being on the top of their killing list, but Daryl says he's got to put his ass on the line like everybody else.

3. ANYTHING ABOUT DOG?!

While Gabriel and the children are still inside the tower, the doors are barricaded and the Whisperers are banging on them. Dog starts barking loudly and runs towards the door, so Gabriel tells Judith to go get Dog, and I believe that's it. I don't remember anything else happening with him.

4. How is Maggie reintroduced? Does she save the day?

She saves Gabriel from getting killed by Whisperers at the tower after everyone's been evacuated and Gabriel stayed behind to make sure they are not followed. She's not involved in the overall horde/Whisperer situation. Maggie hugs Gracie first when Aaron brings her to see Maggie. Then Judith and RJ arrive, Maggie and Judith see each other from afar, recognize each other and hug. The only thing I found a bit weird here was that Maggie didn't even acknowledge RJ's presence, and no introductions were made. The scene is cut right after Maggie and Judith hug. I felt that was a bit left out.

5. Do Maggie and Negan interact at all?

No.

6. Who is the masked ninja? What is he/she doing in this episode?

The masked ninja walks in just when Gabriel is overpowered by the Whisperers. He kills all of them, and Maggie walks in right after him, saying that he's with her. We then see Aaron standing next to him and looking at him, so he has to kind of nod at Aaron.

7. What is Virgil doing?

Virgil is seen going to Oceanside.

8. Do we find out what happened to Connie? Is she in the episode?

Yes, she's alive but battered. She tries to walk for a bit but falls back down. We see Virgil on horseback finding her.

9. Who dies? How?

Beatrice is stabbed by a Whisperer while among the horde and she gets eaten. A male also dies during the Whisperer ambush on the wagon, but I don't know who he was. Beta also dies. Negan lures Beta away from the herd, they fight, Beta seems to overpower him when Daryl comes along and stabs Beta in both eyes. He's then devoured by walkers. I actually really liked this scene, it's hard to describe using just words, but we kind of see the death happening from Beta's perspective in sepia. He has flashbacks of Alpha, and at first, it's like the walkers are all over him, caressing him, almost kind of carrying him. Then the colors go back to normal, walkers actually rip off his mask and proceed to tear him apart.

10. Is Rosita in this episode? What is she doing?

Briefly, with the children and the rest of the families, after having been evacuated and the horde's been taken care of.

11. Does anyone find out about Michonne’s quest to find Rick?

If so, who and what are their reactions? Daryl tells Carol that Michonne has "gone to help some people". No mention of Rick. Daryl tells Carol that he's scared he's never gonna see her again.

12. In the comics there’s two big moments. One where a character is gutted and hanging from a ladder and another where a character is bit on the neck saving another character. Do any of these moments happen?

Nope. No major theatrical deaths other than Beta's.

13. What is Carol’s storyline in this episode?

She and Lydia have a heart to heart over Alpha's death. Later on, after they lose the wagon, Lydia volunteers to be the one to lead the horde over the cliff. At the last minute, Carol says she'll do it instead, but Lydia doesn't let her go and they both end up staying alive while the walkers fall off the cliff.

14. Do Lydia or Judith do anything memorable?

Judith is reunited with Maggie.

15. What happens during the rest of Eugene, Ezekiel, Yumiko, and Princess’ journey?

Eugene crashes his bike, decides to give up because they won't be able to make the rendezvous on time, has to endure a motivational speech by Ezekiel and they decide to continue onwards and upwards.

16. Does Eugene finally meet Stephanie?

No because apparently they are late and she's no longer there, "if she ever was".

17. Do the storm trooper looking Commonwealth soldiers appear? What are they doing?

Yes, once the group gets to the train yard and find it empty, this time it's Eugene who gives the motivational speech on not giving up on the search when the Stormtroopers appear out of nowhere and order them to freeze and put down their weapons.

18. Does Aaron have any memorable scenes?

Just that him and Alden are not captured or killed.

19. Do Carol and Daryl make up? What do they talk about?

They do seem to be talking normally right from the beginning of the episode. There’s some hugging and "you still got me" type of lines, but nothing overly dramatic.

20. Assuming they do defeat the herd (and Beta), What happens with the Whisperers afterwards? Or do they all die?

They do, but no mention of what happens to the Whisperers or if they are any left. All I can say is that the plan was indeed to kill them all.

21. Anything else interesting in this episode?

Negan and Lydia hug

22. How does the episode end?

With the Stormtroopers scaring the living daylights out of poor Eugene, Ezekiel, Yumiko, and Princess.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

The group doing TSDF Army has gone their separate ways and some of them have regrouped as We Are The Walking Dead Fans. So credit where credit is due to them:

Thanks for posting the spoilers. 

Out of curiosity, why did the old gang breakup? 

I don't recognize half of those names in the spoilers.  I'm going to have to suffer through this entire season again before the finale just to put names to faces.  

I'm curious about the Daryl and Carole spinoff, but I'm not so sure I'm curious enough to actually watch it or just read the spectacular posts and live chat here on the forum.  

I'll be tuning into that angsty World Beyond, though, just so I can read the glorious snark I know I'll find here.  😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/22/2020 at 9:30 PM, nodorothyparker said:

There’s some hugging and "you still got me" type of lines, but nothing overly dramatic.

"Don't let them say your hair's too long

'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong...

Babe! I got you babe..."

Now I'm telling myself to STFU.

Daryl tells Carol that Michonne has "gone to help some people"

Cuz Judith told him that.

(Aaron)has to endure a motivational speech by Ezekiel and they decide to continue onwards and upwards.

If only we didn't have to endure it as well.

Negan and Lydia hug

Oh, the feels! Oh, my heart!🥰 Or maybe he's just trying to rebuild his rape harem.

• LOL 3

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on The Boys, TWD, Lucifer, Supernatural, NCIS: LA, Manifest, SEAL Team, NCIS and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 24 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/09/24/the-boys-season-2-spoilers-maeve-homelander/ 

The hiatus for The Walking Dead is killing me — got any scoop? –Carrie
Our resident Dead-head Charlie Mason has seen the episode that was supposed to be Season 10’s finale — and will air Sunday, Oct. 4 on AMC — and assures me that it’s worth the wait. (At one point, he actually cried watching.) More specifically, showrunner Angela Kang tells TVLine that Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Negan “has an important role to play in ‘A Certain Doom,’ as he does in a lot of story going forward.” As the series’ embattled survivors brace themselves for a David-and-Goliath showdown with Beta and the Whisperers’ horde of walkers, Negan is “not a guy who wants to sit on the sidelines,” the EP notes. “He wants to be considered important.” Ah, but at what cost?

Edited by tv echo

I'll leave this here even though it was apparently mentioned on the preview special that I didn't care enough about to watch as Carol and Daryl getting a spinoff, which means they most certainly survive to the end of the mother series, would be considered a spoiler.  If nothing else, that they're already committing to 30 episodes makes it sound like this is more of a fully realized concrete thing that the vaguely defined Rick Grimes movies.

The Walking Dead's Daryl and Carol Discover a New Frontier in Sequel Series

"The next chapter with Daryl and Carol will be of a great deal about discovery," reads a statement from Gimple aired on the Walking Dead Universe Preview Special. "A new world, a new tone, a new frontier of story and purpose — all while carrying the lessons learned from the people who have made up their apocalypse family, their hard-won victories, and painful losses."

In the new series due out in 2023, the fan-favorite characters "might finally be comfortable enough in their own skins, and I don't mean in the Alpha kind of way," the statement continues, referring to Carol's slain arch-enemy and leader of the Whisperers (Samantha Morton).

"Rest assured, we will be throwing a hell of a lot at them to make them uncomfortable," Gimple writes. "But there is an incredible 30 episodes ahead of heroism and horror that completely re-contextualize the world of the Walking Dead and set the stage for all that's to come. With Daryl, Carol, and the stories alongside theirs — hopefully with a lot of the faces you're seeing on the screen right now. There's a universal story ahead. The Walking Dead lives."

• Love 2

How The Walking Dead's Upcoming Anthology Show Will Try To 'Surprise People' Each Week
LAURA HURLEY   PUBLISHED: SEP. 28. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2555688/how-the-walking-deads-upcoming-anthology-show-will-try-to-surprise-people-each-week 

Big changes are on the way to the zombie apocalypse universe on AMC, and not just because The Walking Dead is officially going to end after Season 11. Another spinoff of sorts is on the way in the form of an anthology series, called Tales of the Walking Dead. While details about the new project are relatively scarce, The Walking Dead universe chief content officer Scott Gimple has revealed that fans should expect the unexpected. Surprises are in store.

During the September 27 preview special for the Walking Dead universe on AMC, Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick read a statement from chief Walking Dead content officer Scott Gimple, saying:

"We've been playing with the Tales of… format for nearly three years now, tweaking in all sorts of directions. It's been an incredible, fun challenge. Yes, there are going to be stories told with old favorites, there are also going to be stories with brand new characters. These stories are from all over The Walking Dead timeline, and all over The Walking Dead universe. We may be doing different formats that possibly utilize animation, music, different mediums. And we want to surprise people every week with what they will be getting."
All of this said, Tales of the Walking Dead might not hit the airwaves to surprise viewers any time too soon. AMC already has a super-sized Season 11 of The Walking Dead that isn't expected to finish airing until late 2022, and the spinoff centered on Daryl and Carol is expected in 2023. Throw in Fear the Walking Dead and new spinoff The Walking Dead: World Beyond, and there should be no shortage of zombies on AMC even if Tales of the Walking Dead might be a ways off.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2020 at 8:28 AM, tv echo said:

“It has been a dream of mine for so long to be able to share and tell progressive stories that shine a light where others don’t,” Reedus told Deadline. “I feel incredibly privileged for the opportunity to amplify innovative voices in storytelling that are visionary in fostering change in culture,” he added of the creation of bigbaldhead. “I couldn’t be happier to launch this company alongside AMC and Blackstone Publishing”

Norman said that? I don't believe it, unless it was heavily edited. There's not a single "like" anywhere.

• Love 1

Greetings Y’all,

Having just watched the finale, I can honestly say that even the return, however brief of ‘The Beautiful One’,  didn’t quite make up for the long, Covid enforced break. I can’t wait to hear the comments, I wonder if ‘anticlimax’ will be a common thread 🤔

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Greetings Y’all,

Having just watched the finale, I can honestly say that even the return, however brief of ‘The Beautiful One’,  didn’t quite make up for the long, Covid enforced break. I can’t wait to hear the comments, I wonder if ‘anticlimax’ will be a common thread 🤔

Hey Maggie!! I was wondering what happened to you! Hope everything is ok. 

Yeah, I watched the finale also. Just a regular episode. The only cool thing was Beta's death. You could see Negan's hero turn from a mile away. 

• Love 2
On 10/3/2020 at 6:51 PM, Superclam said:

Hey Maggie!! I was wondering what happened to you! Hope everything is ok. 

Yeah, I watched the finale also. Just a regular episode. The only cool thing was Beta's death. You could see Negan's hero turn from a mile away. 

Yeah, everything’s ok, thanks for asking. I just thought the whole Bayda thing ended up being a bit of a damp squib, after all the build up was that the best they could come up with? Maybe the break lured me into hoping that the extra time would produce something special, I really should know by now 🙄 Maggie rocking the ‘Indiana Jones’ hat look did offer some solace though 😋

• Love 2

Lauren Cohan Discusses The Walking Dead's 'Bittersweet' End Game and If We'll See Baby Hershel
By Breanne L. Heldman    October 04, 2020
https://people.com/tv/walking-dead-lauren-cohan-return-end-hershel/ 

PEOPLE: How does it feel to be back?
LAUREN COHAN:
It feels great. Coming back to set, I had that kind of nervous excitement. I joked with Seth Gilliam that I needed to run my line, because I had only one thing to say in the episode, but I was so nervous. It was just great fun. It was such a cool thing to read the script not knowing what direction it was going to go in and then that's how I was going to come back and with whom I was going to come back, with this sort of this masked, lethal, really cool weapon man. We don't even know what we're calling him yet!
Does you shadowing Daisy Mayer mean you're going to direct an upcoming episode?
We'll see how the schedule works. It's the kind of thing I would only undertake if I really had the bandwidth to do it right.
Was she always going to come back?
Whether she knew she would come back or not, we don't know. But, we do know that she was able to pick up a lot and expand herself and add and learn. And then now that it's necessary and Carol says, "Things are pretty dire, can you come back?" She's coming back with all this experience in tow.
What can you tease about what Maggie's been up to?
Well, there's this lethal masked weapons guy. I think... that character is necessitated by some pretty gnarly things that she's probably been exposed to. So I know she went out to meet other communities, maybe to look for Georgie. But along the way, she definitely will have met some friendly and some very much not-so-friendly groups. I think there's a lot to unpack.

Will we get to see baby Hershel?
He's not so much a baby anymore, but I don't know. I know how my story begins. I don't know if in these six episodes we will see baby Hershel, but I am definitely hopeful.

Who Is The Walking Dead's New Masked Character? Here's What Lauren Cohan Told Us
NICK VENABLE   OCT. 4. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2556103/who-is-the-walking-deads-new-masked-character-heres-what-lauren-cohan-told-us 

Luckily, CinemaBlend recently spoke with The Walking Dead star Lauren Cohan ahead of Maggie's big return in Episode 1016, and while she obviously couldn't get into hot water with showrunner Angela Kang by divulging super-spoilery details, here's what the actress was able to tell me:

"What I can say is that he is as loyal to Maggie as Maggie is to him, that they have been through some pretty difficult situations, and have had each other's backs, as well as possibly some other friends that we're going to meet. There's not too much more I can say safely. Yeah, for people [who will be wondering], it's not a romantic thing, we can say that. So there's not too much I can say, but just that he is one of a few people that are very important, and that will be important next year as we go into these new episodes."
Finally, Lauren Cohan immediately cleared up any potentially festering curiosities about Maggie having found a new romantic partner in her masked compadre. Even though they showed up at the hospital together, they didn't show up at the hospital together-together. It's possible that some fans might have thought Masked Man was a live-action stand-in for the comic book's Dante, whose lovey-dovey relationship with Maggie was severely remixed when Juan Javier Cardenas portrayed the character earlier in Season 10. Cohan commented a bit more about that point, saying:

"Yeah, I don't think she's ready for this. Well, I don't know, it's nine years [since Glenn died], actually. But I don't think, no."
I also had a chance to talk to The Walking Dead's Seth Gilliam about the Masked Man's first big action moment, which came about just when it looked like Father Gabriel would be killed off by a few random Whisperer dipshits. Of course, the actor also couldn't get into any spoiler-heavy talk about the new character, as he shared viewers' lack of information about who Masked Man was whenever he and Maggie showed up just in the nick of time. Here's what Gilliam thought of Masked Man:

"A very interesting character. I thought, what is this guy's deal? What's his story? And he's pretty handy with those scythes, or whatever they are; those blades on sticks. When we were shooting that scene, he came in doing all this Bruce Lee stuff with blades in his hands, and it was like, this dude rocks! He just rocks. To my mind, he doesn't need to speak a word. We could have him in every scene behind the as long as we get two or three examples of him wielding blades. . . . Whatever it may be, whatever form we can find it. He's climbing a tree, he's cutting down bananas. Whatever. [Laughs.]"

Edited by tv echo