Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Yeah. I had the same reaction.  Who???

The thing about an episode like this is that I actually didn't hate Princess in her initial outing. I could kind of see how she got that way. But setting her second episode almost entirely inside her head seems like a good way to make sure people are fed up with her before they get a chance to see her integrated into the larger cast.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

But setting her second episode almost entirely inside her head seems like a good way to make sure people are fed up with her before they get a chance to see her integrated into the larger cast.

Maybe we're being subjected to this because of COVID.  Either way, not a good idea.

15 hours ago, Superclam said:

I know who Stephanie is. Lance? Not a clue. 

I hadn’t a clue, Lance hasn’t appeared in the TV show yet, he’s one of the ‘Rebel Alliance’

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

We see Princess yelling at him to stop, and all of a sudden, the roles switch: it's now Princess beating up the soldier and Ezekiel yelling at her to stop, then Ezekiel is gone altogether. Princess realizes that she had been alone the whole time.

More lockups in train cars? This character gets an entire episode? Are the writers still striving to become artistes? Didn't we already see this it's real/not real/hallucinations/dreams with Michonne and during Rick's endless expiration episode? We knew both of them so well  and cared about them, yet I found those episodes tedious and silly.

15 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

But setting her second episode almost entirely inside her head seems like a good way to make sure people are fed up with her before they get a chance to see her integrated into the larger cast.

I'm afraid I was fed up with her about 60 seconds after she was introduced in that outlandish scene.

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I think the cumulative effect of several bouts of insane jealousy must have put my own mental block on it 😱

I get it. Write some fanfic and live the fantasy.😉

• LOL 1

*reads above spoilers*

Sits back. Looks at the ceiling. Clenches fists. Does a credible impression of the horribly bad Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader "NOOOOOOO!"

Thank you for the heads up. I now know I won't be able to do this one without a couple of glasses of wine. (makes mental note to stop at the LC when I run my errands today)

I think you gave me my only moment of satisfaction by showing me Dog ditching Daryl for Carol. Thank you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, shanndee said:

I think you gave me my only moment of satisfaction by showing me Dog ditching Daryl for Carol

That was strangely satisfying 😛, regarding the Princess special, may I recommend at least two full bottles, then, when you do wake up you won’t remember a damn thing 🍾🍾

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, shanndee said:

Dog ditching Daryl for Carol.

Oh, no! 😱 None of Carol's "adoptees" thrive. I fear we might get a "Look at the kibble, Dog" scene.

8 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

may I recommend at least two full bottles, then, when you do wake up you won’t remember a damn thing 🍾🍾

With two bottles, I may not wake up at all!

• LOL 3
38 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

That was strangely satisfying 😛, regarding the Princess special, may I recommend at least two full bottles, then, when you do wake up you won’t remember a damn thing 🍾🍾

Duly noted. I think I will take your advice, oh wise one. 😉 

29 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, no! 😱 None of Carol's "adoptees" thrive. I fear we might get a "Look at the kibble, Dog" scene.

With two bottles, I may not wake up at all!

I ... had not considered this. But...Dog is far more capable than any of the children in Carol's care. He is more than capable of backing away and running off to go find the filthy one. 😄 

• LOL 2
15 hours ago, shanndee said:

Duly noted. I think I will take your advice, oh wise one.

Hey, you might like it, I may just be getting cranky in my old age 😡

15 hours ago, shanndee said:

I ... had not considered this. But...Dog is far more capable than any of the children in Carol's care

Don’t forget though, all the animals on the show have been stripped of their natural fear reflexes, if the walkers had shuffled up to the various doomed horses and dogs with apples or treats in their hands, i might have given them a pass  🙄

• Love 1
20 hours ago, shanndee said:

I ... had not considered this. But...Dog is far more capable than any of the children in Carol's care.

And I like him a hell of a lot better than I did any of Carol's orphans, both past and present, except for little Mika from days of yore. Carol doesn't take proper care of her pets!

On 3/19/2021 at 3:02 PM, OoohMaggie said:

7131FDDB-AA64-4618-A1D6-193FD0E435F3.jpeg

Ever since this pic hit the Intertubes, that’s always been the first thought in my head: “You took off everything else, but you just HAD to keep on those nasty-ass socks???  Really???”

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Ever since this pic hit the Intertubes, that’s always been the first thought in my head: “You took off everything else, but you just HAD to keep on those nasty-ass socks???  Really???”

Seriously! Was Neegs afraid to get his feet dirty when he's about to bump uglies with the female PigPen, who just ran her filthy grubby fingers covered in god-knows-what, over his hair?

• LOL 1

Sooooooooooo, Ep21  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Carol trying to catch a rat, Daryl trying to find a Leatherman, with a little sprinkle of yet more mental anguish. The good news? There’s only one more left   👏 🥳 🍻

Edited by OoohMaggie
26 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Sooooooooooo, Ep21  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Carol trying to catch a rat, Daryl trying to find a Leatherman, with a little sprinkle of yet more mental anguish. The good news? There’s only one more left   👏 🥳 🍻

I'm looking forward to this one the least. Unpopular opinion: Carole and Daryl may be good characters, but I think they're played by mediocre actors. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Superclam said:

I'm looking forward to this one the least. Unpopular opinion: Carole and Daryl may be good characters, but I think they're played by mediocre actors. 

They’re definitely overrated, as for the story, maybe if Daryl was trying to find a ‘Village People’ type Leatherman, instead of the multi-tool, the episode could have at least been interesting  😁

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

I haven't watched yet, and I'm in no rush. Maybe Saturday. 

I admire your willpower 👏, I wouldn’t be surprised if you can resist opening your Christmas presents until after dinner 🎁 😄

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I admire your willpower 👏, I wouldn’t be surprised if you can resist opening your Christmas presents until after dinner 🎁 😄

I'm Jewish. It's never been an issue! 🤪

• LOL 3
17 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Alright, so I watched it yesterday and then I went and opened my Christmas presents. I am not proud of myself. 😞

Anyway, this is pretty much the definition of a bottle episode. Here's what happens, don't look if you don't want it to be spoiled:

• Daryl's motorcycle breaks and he fixes it. 
  • Carole makes soup and tries to get rid of a rat. 
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, Superclam said:

You forgot Old Mother Hubbard’s latest emotional frazzle 🤕, I’m assuming that’s the reason they made us sit through 40 mins of that 🤔
I hope one of your gifts was a ‘The World Beyond’ luxury extended box set 🙏

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1

As much as it pains me to admit, ordinarily I’d rather undergo root canal treatment without anaesthetic than have to endure anything Negan related, yet I feel I must, begrudgingly say that ‘his’ episode looks as though it is the only chance left in S10 to watch something that won’t have me automatically reaching for the FF button. I will be washing my mouth out with soap, water and the finest triple distilled Russian vodka, Dasvidania 🥃

• Love 1
On 3/26/2021 at 9:07 AM, Superclam said:

Really? Oh, Show - you spoil us!

Did potty-mouth Fonz get an actual motorcyle gang jacket?

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

• LOL 1

From We Are The Walking Dead.

Q&A episode S10.E22 “Here’s Negan”

1. How does the episode begin?

Maggie and Hershel are out for a walk, they pass by Negan who is working. Maggie and Negan exchange stares. Then Negan and Carol go outside, and he talks to her about her putting in a good word for him. Meanwhile, they arrive at a cabin, and it turns out that the council has decided to banish Negan, so Daryl and Carol moved all of his stuff to the said cabin.

2. How does Negan find buried Lucille? Did someone tell him where it was? What does he do once he digs it up?

I'm not sure, he gets some sort of divine inspiration and decides that it must be buried at the throat-slitting site. He ends up holding it at the cabin, by the fire, while apologizing to actual Lucille about a bunch of things, then he burns it.

3. Are Daryl and Carol still fighting? What are their interactions like?

We don't see anything about this.

4. Do Maggie and Negan interact?

Just some intense staring.

5. Is Negan at Leah’s cabin? Why?

I'm not sure what the place is. Maybe the one he lead Alpha to? The one where Lydia was? I couldn't tell. Q1 for why.

6. Why does it look like Negan is hooked up to an IV?

When Lucille's cancer medication thaws because they get high and fall asleep with the generator turned of, Negan feels he should go out and look for a group of doctors he had heard about. Six weeks later, he finds them, but he's in too bad of a shape to overpower anyone, he's overpowered. It's a doctor and her daughter, and they help Negan by giving him an IV, a plate of food and all the medication Lucille needs.

7. Why is Negan tied up? How does he make it out of that situation?

This isn't actually shown, but it's implied that somehow these people captured Negan while he was trying to get back to Lucille with the medication and wanted to know where he got it from. Apparently, he sent them on a wild goose chase, but when he realizes that they are not going to let him go, and he's unable to run so there's a chance he won't make it back to Lucille on time, he tells them where the doctor and his daughter is. Once they confirm the information, they let Negan go.

8. Does Negan cheat on Lucille?

Yes, with a Janine, who seems to be an old friend of theirs. He says he broke it off right after the diagnosis, and he didn't know that Lucille knew.

9. What else can you tell us about Negan’s flashback?

He was a high school gym teacher. He beat up some guy in a bar over a fight about the guy being too loud and was fired. He spends time at home playing online video games with kids. He spends 600$ on "some Happy Days bullshit" as his wife calls it, it's the leather jacket. Lucille wants to return it, he says he threw the receipt away.

10. Do we see anyone else in this episode?

No one significant.

11. How does the episode end?

Negan goes back to Alexandria to tell Carol that "the whole situation isn't going to work out", and that he needs her help to get a cart to move his stuff. Carol tells him that if he stays, Maggie is going to kill him. She didn't want his death on her conscience, and now it isn't. The episode ends with Negan walking away.

12. Anything else interesting?

Lucille gives the leather jacket to Negan, saying that she had to keep it because she couldn't return it, and she was so frustrated that she told him she did. She apologizes for making such a big deal over a credit card bill.

After Negan is let go, he comes back to find Lucille dead. He then goes to where the doctor and his daughter is, kills everyone and saves the doctor.

He is shown to be super apprehensive towards killing walkers. Lucille has to shoot one because he couldn't. She tries to convince him that it's not like actual killing. He says he knows, but that he's afraid he'll get used to it.

(edited)

Well it was 50 mins long, I have to admit it was also the best episode so far. It shows what a complete waste the last few weeks have been, what they can do with a bit more effort, a few more people also help. It’s an episode thats better to watch without seeing the spoiler clips. Let’s hope things are on the up.

It’s good to see Barcode again 😛

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Well it was 50 mins long, I have to admit it was also the best episode so far. It shows what a complete waste the last few weeks have been, what they can do with a bit more effort, a few more people also help. It’s an episode thats better to watch without seeing the spoiler clips. Let’s hope things are on the up.

It’s good to see Barcode again 😛

Good to know. I was expecting it to be a good episode because I like the comic upon which it is based. The summary above is pretty horrendous, 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Superclam said:Good to know. I was expecting it to be a good episode because I like the comic upon which it is based. The summary above is pretty horrendous, 

I know I post spoiler clips, yet with some of the rubbish we’ve seen recently it doesn’t affect the ‘enjoyment’ of an episode by seeing the spoilers beforehand. Some episodes though, such as this are far more enjoyable if watched completely fresh, I really try to not watch the spoiler clips I post, nor do I read the summaries, that means that every now and again you get to watch a good episode and can enjoy the surprises, twists and turns as the very rarely ‘Good Writers’ intended.

• Love 2

Negan Actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan Reveals His Son Will Appear in The Walking Dead Season 11

I can’t remember how long ago it was that JDM’s wife was pencilled in to appear alongside him in the show, and that I wondered whether he had any kids or farm animals that could also be squeezed onto the payroll, apparently he’s only playing a Walker, but why give a normal youngster who’s desperate to get their first break in the business a shot, when you can just add a few more digits to the Morgan household’s paycheck.

Keep a look out for any of Morgan’s rescue donkeys also claiming appearance money and straw / water expenses 🐴

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-jeffrey-dean-morgan-hilarie-burton-son-gus-play-walker-season-11/

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Superclam said:

I just don't have 35 minutes of interest to watch that! 

That’s the point, you just watch up until you think it all started turning to shit, I’m not divulging how may minutes in that was for me, however, I will say that 35 minutes wasn’t even remotely troubled 😋

(edited)

To see promo pics, go to article link...

The Walking Dead - Season 11 - Promos, Promotional Photos, Key Art, Season Synopsis + Premiere Date *Updated 15th July 2021*
Posted by SpoilerTV at July 15, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/04/the-walking-dead-season-11-teaser-promo.html 

Synopsis

Previously on The Walking Dead, our survivors confronted past demons and combated new threats, with friendships and relationships suffering from the mounting collateral damage that is the apocalypse. Alexandria is severely compromised, left a former shell of the home it once was from the carnage and devastation left behind by the Whisperers.

Now all who live in Alexandria struggle to refortify it and feed its increasing number of residents, which include the survivors from the fall of the Kingdom and the burning of Hilltop; along with Maggie and her new group, the Wardens. Alexandria has more people than it can manage to feed and protect. Their situation is dire as tensions heat up over past events and self-preservation rises to the surface within the ravaged walls.

They must secure more food while they attempt to restore Alexandria before it collapses like countless other communities they have come across throughout the years. But where and how? More haggard and hungrier than ever before, they must dig deeper to find the effort and strength to safeguard the lives of their children, even if it means losing their own.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to those at Alexandria, Eugene, Ezekiel, Yumiko, and Princess are still being held captive by mysterious soldiers who are members of a larger and unforthcoming group.

the-walking-dead-season-11-part-1-key-ar

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I wish they'd stop teasing that Maggie might shoot Negan. We know she's never going to pull the trigger because TWD producers are never going to kill off Negan. He'll be there to the bitter end.

The Walking Dead Adds The Blacklist Star And More As Major Comic Characters For Season 11
NICK VENABLE: JUL. 24. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2570952/the-walking-dead-adds-the-blacklist-laila-robins-josh-hamilton-comic-book-season-11 

... The entire franchise delivered major updates for the three shows' upcoming seasons as part of Comic-Con@Home, but The Walking Dead arguably featured the biggest reveals during its panel, with showrunner Angela Kang announcing that The Blacklist vet Laila Robins will be taking on the big comic book-sourced role of Pamela Milton, along with some other casting news.
In recent years, Laila Robins has been involved with several different shows with fandom-friendly mythologies, including The Blacklist, The Boys and The Handmaid's Tale. She's adding another big one with The Walking Dead, as she'll portray Pamela Milton, whose comic iteration was the governor of the massive survivor community dubbed The Commonwealth. It doesn't sound like much will change here, and Robins is about as perfect a choice as I can think of to play the Gov, as she can definitely switch between emotional warmth and cruel authority at the drop of a (tattered cowboy) hat.
Showrunner Angela Kang also confirmed during The Walking Dead's panel that 13 Reasons Why and American Horror Story alum Josh Hamilton has joined the Walking Dead's universe as Lance Hornsby. In the comic book from Robert Kirkman, Lance serves in an administrative capacity within the Commonwealth, and while he's not necessarily an evil villain by any stretch, his loyalty is not guided by a moral balance. Fans could actually see a first-look shot of Hamilton's Lance at the tail-end of the first big Season 11 trailer, in which he was part of a promotional video for The Commonwealth that hints at an intriguing backstory for that particular location.
The third piece of new casting news is a bit more mysterious, as Angela Kang revealed Happy! and The Flight Attendant's Ritchie Coster is joining Season 11 in a non-disclosed role.  At this late point in The Walking Dead's adaptation, there aren't very many more major comic book characters to introduce into live-action, so there technically aren't that many characters that Coster could play. So the fact that Kang is keeping things secretive is pretty interesting and possibly speaks to there being a meaningful surprise element involved.

Strangely, Kang also noted New Amsterdam star Margot Bingham's casting without saying the role, though we've known since last year that Bingham will be portraying the comic book character Stephanie, whom Eugene had been in contact with over the radio. Does that mean her role was switched up? Hard to tell at this point, of course, but I can't imagine the show's creative team pulling a fast one on Eugene like that. Oh, wait...no, I can definitely see that happening.

Edited by tv echo

Knowing how TPTB like to fuck with fans, I have this sneaking suspicion that the Carol/Daryl spinoff is a red herring, designed to make us think they'll survive the mothership series, only to actually be killed off in the finale.

Am I the only one thinking that could happen?

• Love 1