Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

"Daryl and Rick Get in a Fight and Fall in a Big Hole".

Oh! wasn’t that a classic 🙄

I have to admit that this episode at least sounds more interesting than the previous offering. Regarding the possible Russian roulette scene, if you can’t better The Deer Hunter, and frankly what ever could, then it’s best left well alone, stick to two guys stuck in a hole , most excellent and totally bodacious 😋

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Wow, Robert Patrick's looks beat to hell. This maybe a talky episode but, damn if Robert Patrick doesn't make me want to watch

I haven't seen him since his role as Davey (in which he excelled) on "The Sopranos". He's 63 now with his Terminator days well behind him but yeah - I'll watch him.

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Oh! wasn’t that a classic 🙄

Timeless!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I was hoping TPTB had forgotten about this hammy character in the fuzzy pink sweater. The interrogator looks like someone dug up a costume from the Star Trek: TOS archives and told him, "Wear this. It was cheap". Maybe they ARE going to turn this show into a parody.

• Love 1

I ended up watching episode 19 today. Not as bad as some, too much talking. Gabriel and Aaron are among the best actors left on the show, IMO, and their work with Robert Patrick saved what could have been a really terrible episode. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

and their work with Robert Patrick saved what could have been a really terrible episode. 

Yet as we all know, acting ability or character popularity cannot make up for bullshit scripts, as IMO we’ve just witnessed. I think the whole ‘I’ve finally seen the light in five minutes’, roulette / redemption scene with Mays was utterly ridiculous, however well acted. If only the other villains could have been converted so easily, we wouldn’t have had to endure Negan for the last seventeen and a half years. I long to see the end of these filler episodes, yet I wish we could talk about them on the proper episode thread, still another 48 hours to go though 🤔

• Love 1
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Yet as we all know, acting ability or character popularity cannot make up for bullshit scripts, as IMO we’ve just witnessed. I think the whole ‘I’ve finally seen the light in five minutes’, roulette / redemption scene with Mays was utterly ridiculous, however well acted. If only the other villains could have been converted so easily, we wouldn’t have had to endure Negan for the last seventeen and a half years. I long to see the end of these filler episodes, yet I wish we could talk about them on the proper episode thread, still another 48 hours to go though 🤔

It's sad that all we can hope for now is a decent performance, because we know a good script isn't coming. I think JDM is a decent actor, and we know how that went. This was a total filler episode, but I don't think any of these 6 episodes are meant to move the story forward. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

How did you see this, when it's not being aired until Sunday? I'm so in the dark about TeeVee stuff.

You have sign up for AMC+ or Premier 💵, I’m not sure if they both give 48hrs early viewing. Sunday? You’re lucky, Monday night we have to wait for here 🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

You have sign up for AMC+ or Premier 💵, I’m not sure if they both give 48hrs early viewing. Sunday?

I know nothing of these new-fangled doo-dads and I'm too embarrassed to ask if you have to sign up online or with your service provider and have pay for these services, but it's moot anyway. I guess I can contain my eagerness for another day or two. 😏

You’re lucky, Monday night we have to wait for here

Not sure about "lucky", but I am able to join the Live Chat which is really the only reason I bother watching at all.

30 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know nothing of these new-fangled doo-dads and I'm too embarrassed to ask if you have to sign up online or with your service provider and have pay for these services, but it's moot anyway. I guess I can contain my eagerness for another day or two. 😏

Not sure about "lucky", but I am able to join the Live Chat which is really the only reason I bother watching at all.

Yes, AMC+ is a pay service. 

I watch it on Friday or Saturday, and then I watch with the Live Chat, which of course is way more fun. 

• Love 1
On 3/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Wow, Robert Patrick's looks beat to hell. This maybe a talky episode but, damn if Robert Patrick doesn't make me want to watch

On 3/10/2021 at 2:13 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I haven't seen him since his role as Davey (in which he excelled) on "The Sopranos". He's 63 now with his Terminator days well behind him but yeah - I'll watch him.

Timeless!

Seeing Robert Patrick in the trailers in this thread was pretty much the only glimmer of hope I had for something resembling enjoyment of this season. (The season that I foolishly thought was the finale, and I was gleefully counting the moments for this death spiral into boredom, monotony, character assassination and just plain bad writing to finally be over).

I am glad his scenes are with Seth Gilliam. I know I have gleefully mocked FPP, but I think he is one of the better actors on the show, and it will be nice to see him working opposite Robert Patrick (who I think is a much better actor than some of his roles have indicated). 

I'm sorry I won't be able to join the live chat. I won't be watching this until Monday or Tuesday. But I will hang on to the anticipation of watching Robert Patrick.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Yes, AMC+ is a pay service. 

They are currently offering a weeks free trial, not sure if you have to give card details and then cancel, but isn’t it worth a go just to see the Negan special before everyone else?................................ cue tumbleweed, cue wind 🙄

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

They are currently offering a weeks free trial, not sure if you have to give card details and then cancel, but isn’t it worth a go just to see the Negan special before everyone else?................................ cue tumbleweed, cue wind 🙄

Lol, I think if anyone's looking forward to an episode this season, it's going to be the Negan one. That's probably why it's the last episode of the season. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, shanndee said:

Seeing Robert Patrick in the trailers in this thread was pretty much the only glimmer of hope I had for something resembling enjoyment of this season.

I"m not getting any hopes up. Remember how we were looking forward to Charles Vane joining the cast? We knew nothing about him except he was Evil, and then oops! he was gone within minutes, or so it seemed.

but isn’t it worth a go just to see the Negan special before everyone else?

NO.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I"m not getting any hopes up. Remember how we were looking forward to Charles Vane joining the cast? We knew nothing about him except he was Evil, and then oops! he was gone within minutes, or so it seemed.

Charles Vane, JDM, Ryan Hurst, etc. Oh yes. This show has an exceptional ability to take talented, charismatic actors and make them appear to have neither one of these qualities. They also have the ability to totally waste a potentially interesting one off appearance. So, yeah...what point was I trying to make? ...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

I don't actually recall that moment. 

I'm not surprised. Blink too much and you missed him. Someone killed him, I think, but I can't remember who.

50 minutes ago, shanndee said:

This show has an exceptional ability to take talented, charismatic actors and make them appear to have neither one of these qualities.

Yes. They are a resounding success at doing that.

Who?

Zach McGowan from Black Sails. Maybe this will refresh your memory:

zachd65e.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm not surprised. Blink too much and you missed him. Someone killed him, I think, but I can't remember who.

Yes. They are a resounding success at doing that.

zachd65e.jpg

Yes, he was an ex-Savior who still had loyalty to Negan, wasn't he? I very vaguely remember. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Ahh Jed’s No2, I remember the laydees going gaga over Mr Dreamboat, so shallow, heaven forbid  you’ll ever  see me going gooey-eyed like that ☺️

12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Someone killed him, I think, but I can't remember who.

Beatrice from Oceanside

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1

I remember the laydees going gaga over Mr Dreamboat,

Not this laydee, even though Black Sails turned the despicable, cruel, real-life Charles Vane into a long-haired, leather pants-sporting, full-frontal rock star.

heaven forbid  you’ll ever  see me going gooey-eyed like that

Of course not.  I'm sure your admiration for the lovely Maggie is purely that of the esthete.😉

Beatrice from Oceanside

Beatrice! Is she still around (whoever she is)? Now I recall either the end of last season or the start of this one everyone was clearing out and Daryl yelled, "Where's Beatrice??" and I thought... well, you know.

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

not getting any hopes up. Remember how we were looking forward to Charles Vane joining the cast? We knew nothing about him except he was Evil, and then oops! he was gone within minutes, or so it seemed.

Waste of a great actor.

• Love 1

Of course not.  I'm sure your admiration for the lovely Maggie is purely that of the esthete.😉

Even after looking it up I still don’t have a clue what your talking about 😂, if you’re asking would I kick her out of bed, the answer is no 😛

Beatrice! Is she still around

Cute, lovely short hair, yet unfortunately not 😭

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Even after looking it up I still don’t have a clue what your talking about 😂, if you’re asking would I kick her out of bed, the answer is no 😛

Cute, lovely short hair, yet unfortunately not 😭

Oh, no. So Daryl's search for Beatrice was obviously fruitless. I must have been getting a snack when this traumatic incident occured. Maybe now TPTB can stop giving characters names that were surely all the rage in the early 20th century, or maybe even the 19th century?

I"m just funnin' you about Maggie. I think she's very cute, mainly because she has not (yet) had massive bolt-ons installed, bleached her hair within an inch of its life, or even got microbladed brows or fake eyelashes that resemble two smashed tarantulas. Maggie, never change your natural look.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Hey, I'm on my 2nd Drambuie
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Maggie, never change your natural look.

When she chopped all her hair off I nearly had a seizure, every week it sadly grew longer 😭  uuuuhhhh the pain.

Edited by OoohMaggie

Well that was 40:25 I won’t get back, how many more of these have we got left? To get the ‘best’ 🤔 out of the episode I wouldn’t watch the 10x20 clips above.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

I'm not watching them, but do we really need 2 "Carol and Daryl talk" episodes in this mini-season? 

It was worth it to see Dog ditching Daryl 🐶

There are 14 other regular characters listed to appear in the episode, the beautiful one included, so hopefully it won’t be a bore-fest 🙏🏻

All, I have become "friends" with some of you over the years, in this anonymous, internet way that exists now. So I will tell you this: while it's really not a terrible episode, it is a full-on, damn-near 100% Princess episode. Proceed at your own risk. 

15 hours ago, Superclam said:

while it's really not a terrible episode, it is a full-on, damn-near 100% Princess episode. Proceed at your own risk. 

I think AH is gonna love it, more drain cleaning me-thinks.  Of all the characters they could have wasted an episode on they choose that one, I’d sooner watch 40 mins of Dog chasing sticks through the woods. Ok, now we know why she’s like she is, and........... It was painful, even with liberal use of the FF button. The lame writing on these ‘specials’ does not bode well for S11, and we’ve still got Negan to come 😔

• LOL 1
8 minutes ago, Superclam said:

?

I think OoohMaggie is referring to me, since he knows my fondness for our cartoon Princess and how eager I am for her return.

16 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I think AH is gonna love it, more drain cleaning me-thinks.  Of all the characters they could have wasted an episode on they choose that one, I’d sooner watch 40 mins of Dog chasing sticks through the woods.

Thanks for the warning. I'll make sure my FF button is oiled and ready to perform. 😄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

38 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Thanks for the warning. I'll make sure my FF button is oiled and ready to perform. 😄

If you’ve got the option maybe select the Chinese audio track,

I had to open my big mouth................

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think OoohMaggie is referring to me, since he knows my fondness for our cartoon Princess and how eager I am for her return.

Ah, AH. I get it. You will see more of Princess than you ever hoped for, and I mean that quite literally. 

3 hours ago, Superclam said:

Ah, AH. I get it. You will see more of Princess than you ever hoped for, and I mean that quite literally. 

The one thing I could count on with this show is that I would never be exposed to the sight of anyone's butts or boobs. I hope that hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

The one thing I could count on with this show is that I would never be exposed to the sight of anyone's butts or boobs.I hope that hasn't changed.

After experiencing the disappointment of Maggie’s pharmacy and shower scenes, I can assure you nothing has changed 🙄

Maybe you’ve put a mental block on this, but I do seem to remember this unnerving scene from a while back 😂

7131FDDB-AA64-4618-A1D6-193FD0E435F3.jpeg

• LOL 4

Maybe you’ve put a mental block on this, but I do seem to remember this unnerving scene from a while back

Aww, damn! Yes, I had forgotten this, and you had to remind me of this dirty, filth-encrusted, grimy, messin' around with Neegs and Elpha?

After experiencing the disappointment of Maggie’s pharmacy and shower scenes, I can assure you nothing has changed

You forgot about the tower scene.

Courtesy of We Are the Walking Dead Fans. Q&A Episode 10.20 “Splinter”

1. What can you tell us about the Commonwealth soldiers?

Nothing much about the soldiers themselves... They are just seen talking among each other over the radio and patrolling the area. The one soldier that Princess speaks to, however, states that they live in a good place, they have to protect the many many good people who live there, and they have precious resources. He tells her that he knows what's happening is intense, but it's just routine. He says he has paperwork to fill, that he's on probation already, and that he's going to get in trouble for being snatched up by a chick.

2. Is the Commonwealth mentioned by name?

No.

3. Is Lance in this episode?

There are only two soldiers who have speaking parts: an apparent commander who does the interrogations, and the soldier Princess comes into contact with, and neither is mentioned by name.

4. Do we learn anything about Princess’s backstory?

Yes. She had a stepfather who punched her in the jaw once, and her mother didn't defend her. Some nice people she's met in the past are referred to by name. She mentions having ADHD, PTSD, anxiety, depression, and an active imagination (!).

5. How does Princess escape the train car?

She really doesn't. It turns out she was imagining all of the interactions she has with Ezekiel and Eugene. Yumiko is supposedly in the next train car over, with an injury to the head that she's contained while fighting the soldiers off of Princess as they were being captured. Then Princess hears them coming and taking Yumiko away.

6. How does Ezekiel get out of where he is being held?

He really doesn't. While we are made to think that that's what's happening, a soldier comes inside Princess's train car to bring her food, and we see Ezekiel overpowering him. They have a hard time believing him when he says they just want to help, and after all the talking, Ezekiel throws a tantrum and starts beating the crap out of the guy. We see Princess yelling at him to stop, and all of a sudden, the roles switch: it's now Princess beating up the soldier and Ezekiel yelling at her to stop, then Ezekiel is gone altogether. Princess realizes that she had been alone the whole time.

7. Is Stephanie mentioned?

Yes, by Princess's imaginary Eugene. He says that her kindness cannot be an anomaly among her people, so they just have to get through whatever this is to be properly accepted into their community.

8. Is Yumiko okay? Do we see her get reunited with the group?

We don't exactly know, actually. We see Eugene, Ezekiel and her with black sacks over their heads, and Princess gets one put over her head as well.

9. How does the episode end?

With Princess believing in the soldier's good intentions and telling him about herself and the others, even returning his rifle to him, only to have him open the train car door to see the others all tied up with the black sacks over their heads.

10. Anything else interesting?

Princess actually has the chance to escape. She has a conversation with imaginary Ezekiel, he tries to convince her to leave because she has to trust her instincts and she's always been better on her own. But she refuses, saying that they came back for her.

Oh good. An entire episode inside the head of a character we just met showtime. Ghost Lori roaming around a field in a wedding dress had better grounding.