Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

On 2/12/2021 at 3:39 PM, nodorothyparker said:

He was Ponyboy in The Outsiders a million and five years ago. And he had parts in million other things over the decades.

The story mentions how he took the unnamed extra bit part as a favor to Michael Cudlitz on one of his directing turns and then asked if he could maybe come back at some point since his character, such as he was, wasn't killed off. Again, I find it really interesting how many recognizable actors are apparently jumping at the bit to be a part of this franchise, even this late in the game. It reminds me of all the turns Lou Diamond Phillips made on the Talking Dead couch to discuss FTWD because he inexplicably seemed to want to be on that show pretty badly before landing other roles.

Sucky tho we may deem it to be nowadays, I expect a TWD credit can still pack a wallop in punching up the resume on a flagging acting career....

Just please god let me know if Ted McGinley lands a role - I could really use a good long laughfest.

• LOL 3

Ted McGinley turned up in a bit part on Mom last season and was nearly unrecognizable. It was in a story arc with an also all but unrecognizable Kathleen Turner until you heard the voice.

A Maggie scene that we'd previous seen the table read of. Daryl's still playing the yeahhh we let Negan out, but we don't know what we're going to do with him, and that doesn't mean he gets to live here even though we've all but promised him he can bit.

Caught the new episode on AMC+. It was nice to see Maggie again. Hershel was cute, really good casting there (even though I'm not a huge fan of ~special~ children, and he would be ~special child~ #2, counting Judith).

Negan will never be compelling or interesting.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, natyxg said:

Negan will never be compelling or interesting.

He has not been compelling or interesting since his first appearance when he talked everyone into a coma. I guess Robbie thinks having him endlessly repeat pissin' and shittin' and dick and nutsack is riveting. It is not.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

“Little Hershel is freaking adorable. The young actor, he's great," showrunner Angela Kang said of newcomer Kien Michael Spiller during the Walking Dead Extended Season 10 Preview Special. "I think he's really this wonderful mix of the characters Maggie and Glenn. I feel like his vibe, it's a very Maggie-like vibe where still waters run deep and there's sort of like a zen seriousness to him. And yet there is this rascally side too that I think is very reminiscent of Glenn, and I think in that way, it's really lovely to have young Hershel finally be really part of our cast and able to interact with his mother in a different way."

Kang added, "I think people will enjoy him, hopefully, as much as we really love having him."

Viewers will learn more about Maggie and Hershel's years on the road in "Home Sweet Home," set in the aftermath of the Whisperer War that left their home at the Hilltop colony in ashes. With nowhere else to go, the Rhees will have to co-exist with Negan, the "bad man" whose life sentence was commuted by Carol (Melissa McBride).

"Negan definitely has a soft spot for the younger generation, and we've seen that numerous times. I think he has a relationship with young kids that is very honest, and I don't think that he would shy away from letting this kid know who he is, and try to work through it," Morgan said over the summer about a potential bond between Negan and Hershel. "I think that may be a way — we'll see, I'm not a writer on this show — but that may be a way that Maggie sees a different side of Negan, as well. I think initially she'll just want to kill him, but we'll see what happens."

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-season-10c-maggie-glenn-son-hershel-rhee-showrunner-angela-kang/

Im pretty sure if he starts talking about ‘Nut Tapping’ or dicks in general to an eight year old, Maggie will definitely see a different side of Negan, she’ll just want to kill him? Yeah pretty much 😆

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Sigh. I just knew they couldn't resist the notion of playing up Uncle Negan to the boy he gleefully would have orphaned had he been able to get his hands on Maggie too. Having him run Miss Negan's Home for Misfit Children for Glenn's son or Rick and Michonne's kids or whoever else he may have had a hand in orphaning along the way is not a redemption arc. I now half expect they'll make us watch him romance Maggie before this is all over with.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

He has not been compelling or interesting since his first appearance when he talked everyone into a coma. I guess Robbie thinks having him endlessly repeat pissin' and shittin' and dick and nutsack is riveting. It is not.

Absolutely. Insufferable from his very first scene. Blegh.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

"Negan definitely has a soft spot for the younger generation, and we've seen that numerous times.

Yep. We saw his "soft spot" for this member of the younger generation. I guess he was giving her a kindly, avuncular talk, just before he raped her.😡

amber-the-walking-dead-season-7.PNG

• Love 2
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

With nowhere else to go, the Rhees will have to co-exist with Negan, the "bad man" whose life sentence was commuted by Carol

Yes, well. Very merciful of Carol, and after all Negan didn't murder HER husband in front of her eyes, or attempt to bash HER kid's head in, or deprive HER kid of its father, so what does Carol care? She doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone at all but herself.

• Love 2

Oh hell no. Listen I love JDM and I like Negan but, he better not even try to make friends with Little Hershel. I certainly don't want Maggie seeing a different side of Negan. Negan is the asshole that killed her husband and left Little Hershel fatherless. 

Sorry JDM, I know you're an actor and all actors see their characters (even the villains) as there hero of their story. However, some stuff just can't be forgiven.  Personally, I'd rather have Maggie around and hostile to Negan, you need someone to call him on his bullshit. A constant reminder that oh you may be "reformed" now but, I'll always remember what you did and I'll never forgive. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

Well, it is the last season - so maybe Maggie will get the opportunity to cave in Negan’s skull by finale.

Wanna make a little wager on that? I predict not only will kindly Uncle Negan survive but will be the new leader, because of his "new leaf" of benevolence and wisdom and all that shit.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:10 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Yep. We saw his "soft spot" for this member of the younger generation. I guess he was giving her a kindly, avuncular talk, just before he raped her.😡

amber-the-walking-dead-season-7.PNG

(Replied sad emoji solely because pissed-off emoji isn’t an option 🤬🤬🤬)

• Love 1

OH! Is this tonight? I kind of feel the way I do when I know I have a dental appointment coming up, but try to put it out of mind and when the day comes just think, "Oh, shit! Is that today?"

Yes, I know I could just not watch but I just have to see cuddly Negan, being a loving husband and I'm sure I'll agree that yes  - he's now a Really Good Guy. "See - he hasn't tortured or raped anyone for a few seasons now! Yes, we know he was locked up for years with no access to any victims, but still... can't we just forgive and forget?"

• Love 1
(edited)

The Walking Dead showrunner shares clues on new villains the Reapers
By Dalton Ross   February 28, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/walking-dead-reapers-home-sweet-home-showrunner-angela-kang-interview/

What can you say about the Reapers, these people that have seemingly been hunting the group Maggie's been with? And how big a part are they going to be playing in the future story?
[ANGELA KANG:]
Without getting into too much spoiler-y stuff, I think what we can say is that ... Look, I mean, one guy followed them out there, and he caused a lot of trouble for Maggie's group, who are not exactly stupid themselves. So, if he's from a group that obviously has hunting skills and he's in these military fatigues. He's in a ghillie suit at one point. They have some sort of background where they know military techniques. And so, that's going to be just a formidable type of enemy to go up against.

Because I think for the most part in our show, all of the people who are the bad guys they come up against, who knows, they might've been an accountant before the apocalypse and then just turned dark. Right? But when you have people who have a certain level of skills and training, it poses a different kind of a problem, because suddenly you don't need 100 of them. One guy can cause a lot of harm. So this is definitely a story that will be ongoing. But beyond that, I'll hold some stuff for later.

‘The Walking Dead’: Michael James Shaw To Play Mercer In Upcoming Season 11
By Denise Petski, Dino-Ray Ramos     March 1, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/03/the-walking-dead-michael-james-shaw-cast-new-series-regular-season-11-mercer-1234704243/

EXCLUSIVE: We’ll be meeting a new character in the upcoming 11th and final season of The Walking Dead. Michael James Shaw (Blood & Treasure) has signed as a new series regular in AMC’s hit zombie apocalypse series.

The studio isn’t revealing many details, other than Shaw will portray the popular character known as Mercer.

Rumors about Shaw’s casting as Mercer were ruminating amongst Walking Dead fans but now it’s official. The character of Mercer has a strong, badass presence with his Mr. T-esque haircut and red armor, which is a reflection of the power he has in the ranks. He first appeared in The Walking Dead comics in issue 177 and is known for his experience in the United States Marine Corps which easily enough to make him the leader of the Commonwealth military. In the comics, he becomes romantically involved with Juanita (aka Princess), who was introduced in season 10 and is played by Paola Lázaro.

Michael-James-Shaw-Walking-Dead.jpg?w=68 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From We Are The Walking Dead Fans, the group formerly known as TDSF Army:

Episode 10.18 “Find Me”

Personally, I'm mostly just amused that after all the years of speculating and nasty shipping wars that pitted one female character after another (and often the actresses who played those characters) against each other, Daryl finally becomes a real boy in flashback and mostly off screen.

1. How does the episode begin?

I really liked the cold open on this one. I would love to say that it sets the tone for the episode, but it's actually the exact opposite. It's Daryl going out to find materials to help fix Alexandria's wall, Carol wanting to come along to hunt, and the two having playful banter with happy music fading into the main theme. Who could tell that it would be far from fun and games...

2. Daryl runs up to a cabin in present day. Is he with Carol? Is it Leah's cabin? What is he doing at the cabin?

Yes and yes. While out hunting in present day, Dog takes off in a certain direction, barking, leading them there. Carol says they can seal up the door and stay there for the night. Dog starts digging for something under the floorboards, Carol finds provisions along with a note and asks Daryl: "Is this where she lived?"

3. What can you tell us about Leah?

While super hostile at first, then super distant, she comes around eventually. She was with a group once, was close enough with someone to call her her sister, this woman died during childbirth, and Leah raised the baby, Matthew, as her own. He was bit later on, still a child. She's been alone ever since.

4. What kind of relationship do Leah and Daryl form?

This is stretched over a long period of time. Daryl is first shown as he was five years ago, two years having passed since Rick's "death". His first encounter with Leah is a year after this, a hostile one. She points a shotgun at him, but lets him go later. She won't tell him her name while he does. They meet up again after six months, again after eight months, she tells him her name on that occasion, and for the last time, after three months. This is when she tells him her story with her sister and Matthew. Daryl in turn tells her that he's lost his brother, his body was never found, and he won't stop looking until he finds out whether he's alive or not. They end up spending the following 10 months together. Sex is alluded to once, BEYOND subtle, BEYOND brief. (sorry)

After 10 months, they are shown having an argument. We get the impression that Daryl is going out again for "just a couple of days" to continue looking for Rick. Leah gives him an ultimatum, asks him to choose between looking for his dead brother day after day, or going back to the family he's been avoiding because it's too hard to face what happened, or staying with her. When he says he doesn't know where he belongs, she says he does. We then understand that he did leave, had a change of heart, came back only to find Leah gone.

5. What is Doggo’s origin story and how does he end up with Daryl?

Apparently, Dog first appeared four years ago, as a puppy. Leah had Dog's mom. Puppy Dog leads Daryl to Leah's place. He then keeps coming around, Daryl takes him back to Leah's, that's how he ends up going there a couple of times. When Leah disappears, Dog stays with Daryl.

6. In a preview we see Daryl seemingly screaming in frustration - what is that about?

Daryl keeps a map of all the places he's looked for for Rick in his camp. The storm brings a huge amount of rain, and the map is destroyed. I believe it's supposed to be his built-up frustration finally erupting.

7. Is Carol at the cabin with Daryl in this episode? What is she doing?

Apparently, she already knows about Leah, but she suspects that Daryl hasn't told her the whole story. She asks him about her, and the flashbacks show what happened between them. Daryl feels guilty for abandoning Leah, he and Carol then get into the argument.

8. Who else do we see or meet this episode?

It's just Daryl, Carol, Leah and Dog.

9. What do Carol and Daryl fight about? Do they resolve it by the end of the episode?

Carol's actions during the season. Daryl is actually very dismissive towards her. He says she feels guilty and that she's trying to run. He blames her for losing Connie. And when, in response, she actually says that she's not sorry for making Alpha pay "because I was right", he says all that matters to her is her being right. He says he's sick of them having the same conversation over and over again. He says he shouldn't have kept her from getting back on the boat, and that if she wants to run again, he won't stop her. I think all of this pretty much answers the second question too, but let me spell it out anyway: A big fat no.

10. Are Michonne or Rick mentioned?

Yes, but only in the flashbacks, mostly as in Carol having a hard time with neither Michonne nor Daryl's being able to move on with their lives after losing Rick.

11. Carol finds a note. What does it say and who wrote it?

The note is from Daryl to Leah. After he comes back to the cabin to find her gone, he leaves a note saying he does indeed belong with her, and he asks her to find him.

12. How does the episode end?

At the beginning of the episode, Carol was questioning whether their overall luck had run out or not. After Daryl has his say during their fight, she finally says that it turns out she was right, and their luck, his and hers, has run out. She then says that it's going to get dark soon, and that she should go fix the door. And that's it.

13. Anything else interesting?

Not really, but I think it's safe to say that puppy Dog is more than enough.

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

They end up spending the following 10 months together. Sex is alluded to once, BEYOND subtle, BEYOND brief.

Probably took him 9 months and 29 days to work up to it. But don't talk about S-E-X on this show. Think of the children , for god's sake!

A bunch of Carol/Daryl bickering? Oh, but wait - they also have playful banter with happy music. 🙄

• LOL 1

Again, I'm mostly just amused that after years upon years of terrible shipping wars that resulted in reported death threats to the various actresses playing the characters who were supposed to be "competing" for the greasiest aging sex symbol ever that he gives it up to a seeming one-off character mostly off screen. That's either a "will do anything for declining ratings" move or a fuck you to the remaining fanbase who did still care if Daryl ever became a real boy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Superclam said:

I do. not. care. about what Aaron and Gabriel are up to. 

Looks like it might be a "buddy trip" where they get into all kinds of zany predicaments. Playing cards! Getting drunk! Maybe even pulling pranks on each other. I really can't wait.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Superclam said:

I am looking forward to "Here's Negan." I am even curious to see what happened to those idiots in Pittsburgh. I do. not. care. about what Aaron and Gabriel are up to. 

I hate these people who can’t tell it as it really is , I wish they could summon the courage to tell us what they really think 😂

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Looks like it might be a "buddy trip" where they get into all kinds of zany predicaments. Playing cards! Getting drunk! Maybe even pulling pranks on each other. I really can't wait.

I can’t wait until Aaron has an itchy eye and forgets with which hand he should scratch 🤕

• LOL 6
32 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I can’t wait until Aaron has an itchy eye and forgets with which hand he should scratch

Or facepalms something FP says or does. I hope he's not wearing the medieval mace attachment when he does that.🤕

This. Sounds. Tedious.

Official Q&A Episode 10.19 “One More," courtesy of the We Are the Walking Dead Fans group

1. How does the episode begin?

The episode begins with Aaron and Gabriel out and about killing walkers as they come, coming across places where apparently sad things happened to people when the world blew up, like dead people on roofs where the words "SAVE US" are painted onto the ground, families that have died together, etc.

2. What are Aaron & Gabriel doing out by themselves?

They have a map, provided by Maggie, showing possible spots where food resources can be found. They are on a mission to check them out one by one. This is because the hunting grounds nearby are "spent," and they have been out for two weeks with nothing to show for it.

3. Why is the episode called “One More?"

This is a reference to Gabriel saying "two more" when they come up empty handed in one place, then "one more" when they come up empty handed in another.

4. Does Aaron get drunk? How much fun is drunk Aaron? Does Gabriel drink too?

Yes, they both do. Gabriel finds a whiskey he says is worth over two grand. He schools Aaron on how to enjoy it. Drunk Aaron loses to Gabriel at cards, and then they get into a deep conversation about God and evil people - who Gabriel says are not the exception to the rule, but the rule itself.

5. Does Aaron mention Gracie? Does Gabriel talk about Rosita?

Yes. Aaron tries to convince Gabriel to stop looking because he thinks there's nothing to be found in the places on the map, so he tells Gabriel that he misses Gracie, and that he's sure Gabriel misses Coco. They also find toys for them in Mays' hideout. No mention of Rosita.

6. How do Aaron and Gabriel encounter Mays? (Robert Patrick’s character)

Gabriel falls into a pool of mud, and their map is lost. He suggests going towards a water tower not far, but Aaron objects to proceeding without a map. Just as they decide to go back following their own tracks, heavy rainfall starts, and their tracks are history. They have no choice but to continue, and that's when they come upon a place that is not marked on the map and decide to check it out.

7. What can you tell us about Mays? Is he a Reaper?

No to the second part. No specific details are given about who he is or what he does/used to do. He apparently had a brother who had a family, and they all used to travel together after the zombie apocalypse hit. He says all he's ever done was to help them, but one day, he caught his brother stealing the last of his food. He says that his brother came at him with a knife, and that he "handled it," the implication being their death.

8. The previews make it seem like they are playing Russian roulette. Is that what’s happening?

Yes, Mays makes them do it. Apparently he's developed a very pessimistic outlook on life. He thinks the world is full of thieves and murderers. He doesn't believe that Aaron and Gabriel are who they say they are -good people- so he thinks he can somehow break them by making them choose between shooting themselves or one another. He fails Specifically after being lectured by Gabriel on how there is still good in the world. Mercy, forgiveness and whatnot as well.

Mays is actually convinced by Aaron's willingness to still shoot himself and not Gabriel even after hearing that there's a bullet in the gun's chamber at his turn, and then by Gabriel's lecture on love afterwards, and he cuts them loose. Right after he tells them his name, Gabriel bashes his head in with Aaron's mace-arm. Then he tells Aaron that they couldn't take Mays with them because he killed his brother's family.

9. Do we see anyone else in this episode?

We see Mays' brother in photos, and his family.

After Gabriel kills Mays, Aaron remarks that Mays had heard everything they said the night before, and asks where he was hiding. They go up in an attic type of place and find Mays' twin brother, with a super long beard and super long hair, chained to some pipes, with his wife and child's rotten dead bodies lying on the floor near him. Gabriel uncuffs him, and the guy grabs Gabriel's gun. They try to convince him that they can help, but, taking a look at the bodies of his wife and child, he shoots himself in the head.

10. How does the episode end?

Aaron and Gabriel leave Mays' place and indeed decide to go check out the water tower mentioned earlier by Gabriel. This is where this time it's Aaron who says "one more," agreeing to go to the water tower, hence the episode's name.

11. Anything else interesting?

Gabriel tells a story about a priest who was a mentor to him. He says it's thanks to him that he knows about whiskey, or about anything really. Gabriel's falling into the pool of mud was pretty funny. There's also a part where Gabriel has to run to Aaron because he's screaming like a teething baby. It turns out he had just come across a boar, and Aaron's screaming has Gabriel laughing at him for a good few minutes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

find Mays' twin brother, with a super long beard and super long hair, chained to some pipes, with his wife and child's rotten dead bodies lying on the floor near him. Gabriel uncuffs him, and the guy grabs Gabriel's gun. They try to convince him that they can help, but, taking a look at the bodies of his wife and child, he shoots himself in the head.

Sorry but this made me laugh.  Oh, show.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, raven said:

Sorry but this made me laugh.  Oh, show.

It's making me laugh now too.

This is going to be epic : "Gabe and Aaron's Excellent Adventures", even better than that memorable episode,  "Daryl and Rick Get in a Fight and Fall in a Big Hole".

• LOL 1