Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Cue the Oprah meme. So you get a spinoff, and you get a spinoff, and you get a spinoff.

Lauren Cohan Teases Maggie Spinoff After The Walking Dead Ends

Cohan doesn't yet know where Maggie ends up by the series end, still ways away in late 2022, but there are talks around a post-Walking Dead spinoff for the series star:

She tells Entertainment Weekly, "I know that there are murmurings of an extended story with Maggie when the official mothership is done."

Cohan appeared to hint at a Maggie-focused spinoff during an earlier appearance on Live with Kelly and Ryan, where she admitted to giving something away while discussing the two-year final season:

"We still have two past year's worth of stuff to shoot, so we're still going to be on television for a significant period. We're so lucky we've been going so long, and it's so exciting to say, 'Okay, let's all key in for this final season and watch it together,'" she said. "And then people are so hungry for our whole universe still, but it's sort of exciting because there will be spinoff possibilities. I don't know if I'm supposed to say that yet."

Before she returns in the final season spanning 24 episodes, Maggie receives a focus in the six bonus episodes extending Season 10 into 2021. Along with a story revealing where Maggie has been during her time away from The Walking Dead, these smaller-scale bridge episodes are where Maggie has her next meeting with Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/19/2020 at 3:02 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Bit of the table read for the next episode, Home Sweet Home, dealing with the Maggie-Negan situation. Yes, this is really where we are now.

Yeah, still not here for The Humanization of Negan and the casting news re Lucille doesn't give me a better feeling (no offense towards Burton, I'm just never going to enjoy watching a story built on b.s.).

• Love 3

Ugh...

The Walking Dead: Hilarie Burton Cast As Negan's Wife Lucille (Exclusive)
By BRANDON DAVIS - November 3, 2020
https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/news/the-walking-dead-hilarie-burton-negan-lucille-cast/ 

The Walking Dead has found its Lucille. Negan's wife will be played by Hilarie Burton, guest starring in one of the additional six episodes coming to AMC in early 2021. Burton is the real life wife to Negan actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan and the two have already begun working on an episode together in Georgia. AMC exclusively confirmed the casting to ComicBook.com as Burton will be billed as a "guest star" for her work with the AMC series. Fans of The Walking Dead comic which the AMC zombie series is based on likely have an accurate picture of what to expect.

In Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comics, Negan was married to a woman named Lucille prior to the end of the world. In the final days of the normal world, Lucille was battling cancer. The marriage was not traditional, as Negan had been having an affair which his wife was aware of prior to her diagnosis. Following the diagnosis, Negan wanted to spend as much time with his wife as possible, ultimately calling his affair off and dedicating all of his time to Lucille. When Lucille passed away, the moment of death came nearly simultaneously to the world falling and the zombie virus beginning to spread. Lucille reanimated as a walker in her hospital bed.

As the story goes, Negan named a baseball bat which he used to protect himself and others after his late wife. The infamous bat has since appeared on The Walking Dead. How far into the Here's Negan prequel comic The Walking Dead will go remains to be seen. The six episode run in early 2021 will, to some degree, follow an anthology format by focusing on individual characters or small groups of characters with each new hour. Negan's backstory seems to be the focus of one of these hours.
Burton is known well for her work in One Tree Hill and has also played roles in The Secret Life of Bees, Surprised by Love, Extant, and Grey's Anatomy. Hilarie Burton and Jeffrey Dean Morgan tied the knot in October of 2019, having been together for many years prior to wedding, and have two kids together. Burton being spotted on set was first reported by CrookedLlama.

And here's the info from CrookedLama that was reported yesterday (Nov. 3):

However, yesterday, in a very public setting, and in plain view of dozens of fans in Senoia, Georgia, The Walking Dead star, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, was seen filming scenes for the show with his real-life-wife, Hilarie Burton.  Those lucky fans who were able to watch filming were able to see Morgan and Burton working together on set.  And, are you ready for this, according to those watching, along with what they were told, and what it appeared to be, was that the pair were filming a flashback with Burton playing none other than Negan’s deceased wife, Lucille.

Our own sources, photos and posts out there on the internet, (photos of which we aren’t going to share, you can wait until it airs to see it for yourself) show a pre-apocalypse filming set with a neatly kept home and a sharp, clean green Mustang parked out front.  Most of the filming took place inside a small house located near downtown Senoia, Georgia, which is where The Walking Dead films.  But when the sun set, the set lights came on outside and more filming began.

Why is it likely that Burton and Morgan would be filming together?  Well, AMC has gone to great lengths to protect the set from COVID and keep filming moving forward.  On top of that, all of the episodes being filmed for the extended Season 10 are focusing on smaller groups or individual actors. Pairing Burton and Morgan together as Lucille and Negan does just that.  And kissing, well, kissing is a no-no right now for filming, but not if you are already married to your co-star!

Edited by tv echo

IMO, the Negan back-story was one of the more interesting arcs of the comics. How that will translate on screen remains to be seen. 

It seems like they're going to throw everything at us for the next 2 years, and see what sticks. 

• Love 1

We're back Feb. 28 in our usual spot. Dropping this here instead of the media thread because half of it is episode synopsis for the covid half season before what's expected to maybe be a year wait for the final season 11.

The Walking Dead Season 10 to Resume in February — Plus: Get 6 New Teasers for the Upcoming Bonus Episodes

“Home Sweet Home” (Episode 17): Maggie has returned with a story she is not ready to share, even when her past catches up to her. Negan’s safety is at stake again. Daryl and Maggie fight an unseen and unknown thread.

“Find Me” (Episode 18): An adventure for Daryl and Carol turns sideways when they come across an old cabin. It takes Daryl back to the years when he left the group after Rick disappeared as he relives a time that only the apocalypse could manifest.

“One More” (Episode 19): Gabriel and Aaron search for food and supplies to bring back to Alexandria. Small tragedies lead to bigger tragedies as faith is broken and optimism is fragmented when they are put to the ultimate test.

“Splinter” (Episode 20): Eugene, Ezekiel, Yumiko and Princess are captured and separated. Princess struggles with memories of her traumatic past and tries to escape one way or another with the help of Ezekiel.

“Diverged” (Episode 21): Daryl and Carol come to a fork in the road and head their separate ways. Each going into their own type of survival mode, the easiest of challenges become much harder. Will their individual journeys be the tipping point needed to mend their friendship, or is the distance between them permanent?

“Here’s Negan” (Episode 22): Carol takes Negan on a journey, hoping to minimize the increasing tension. Negan reflects on the events that led him to this point and comes to a conclusion about his future.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Negan’s safety is at stake again.

Oh, no! 😱

Princess struggles with memories of her traumatic past and tries to escape one way or another with the help of Ezekiel.

Who? Oh, right. Sounds gripping. Can't wait!👀🥱

Negan reflects on the events that led him to this point and comes to a conclusion about his future.

Oh, boy. Negan introspection, autobiography and decision time. Sure to tug at the heartstrings. I wonder if he'll mention his remorse at the coercion and mental torture of all those women and  the rape of a crying young girl. Don't think so, but still, it's sure to be a heart-rending, dramatic episode. We love you, Uncle Negan!😍

• LOL 4
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, boy. Negan introspection, autobiography and decision time. Sure to tug at the heartstrings. I wonder if he'll mention his remorse at the coercion and mental torture of all those women and  the rape of a crying young girl. Don't think so, but still, it's sure to be a heart-rending, dramatic episode. We love you, Uncle Negan!😍

Since most of the press has been about the casting of JDM's real-life spouse to play Lucille the long-dead wife vs. Lucille the baseball bat, I'm going to guess no.

More about Episode 18, Find Me, in case you were just dying to know what Daryl was doing off in the woods during that six-year time jump. Answer, living in the woods looking for his one true love, Rick.

The Walking Dead to Revisit Six-Year Time Skip After Losing Rick Grimes

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Answer, living in the woods looking for his one true love, Rick.

Looks like all those crazy fanfic writers have been right all along.

Rick must have some incredible quality that eluded me. Daryl will spend SIX YEARS moping in the woods to search for a dead body, and Michonne will abandon her own child without a backward glance to doggedly pursue even a whiff of the Brave Man.

Following Rick's abduction by the Civic Republic Military

What the... ? I don't even know where to start with that.

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Purely may be my own faulty recollection, but doesn’t it look remarkably similar to Dwight and Sherry’s pre-ZA house - the House Dwight went to looking for Sherry after she escaped the Sanctuary?

• Love 2
On 11/20/2020 at 7:16 PM, Nashville said:

Purely may be my own faulty recollection, but doesn’t it look remarkably similar to Dwight and Sherry’s pre-ZA house - the House Dwight went to looking for Sherry after she escaped the Sanctuary?

I was so bored watching World Beyond I put the time to better use

49A58E44-3A67-4CCE-9A6F-529CE3E3B6ED.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/20/2020 at 8:02 AM, nodorothyparker said:

Since most of the press has been about the casting of JDM's real-life spouse to play Lucille the long-dead wife vs. Lucille the baseball bat, I'm going to guess no.

More about Episode 18, Find Me, in case you were just dying to know what Daryl was doing off in the woods during that six-year time jump. Answer, living in the woods looking for his one true love, Rick.

The Walking Dead to Revisit Six-Year Time Skip After Losing Rick Grimes

And neglecting his personal hygiene.

He should be on hot mess of greasy straggly hair and body odor after 6 years of hiding out on his own.

Hell, Dog probably couldn't stand the stench and probably bolted.  

I wonder how many cigarettes he burned himself with in order to feel?  

It's my understanding Reedus is a very, very nice man...but I honestly could not care less about the trials and tribulations of Daryl at this point.  😕  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

It's my understanding Reedus is a very, very nice man..

He does seem that way, being very nice to his fans, even willing to let it go when some gross lunatic woman bit him at a Comic Con (or whatever it's called) convention and bragged about it on her stupid FB page. (I can't help but wonder if it all would have been so funny if a male fan had bitten Lauren Cohan - no, I don't mean you OoohMaggie!😄- or other female cast member but whatever) but I agree - Daryl's angst is so damned boring now.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I can't help but wonder if it all would have been so funny if a male fan had bitten Lauren Cohan - no, I don't mean you OoohMaggie!😄

Why else do you think I force myself to keep away from those conventions 😁

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Why else do you think I force myself to keep away from those conventions

Damn. Security would have to tase you and take you to  the floor.😆

About those Storm Troopers, now: Are they part of this "Civic Republic Military" we never heard about until now and who possess the technology to make helicopters silent and invisible? Are we going to see Jadis again? Was she secretly working undercover for them and looking to kidnap likely recruits (instead of just asking for volunteers) by huddling in a garbage dump and doing trash handicrafts? So many questions.

7 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, Nashville said:

Maybe not the same house, but quite likely the same subdivision.  

That looks kind of nice, as does the supposed Negan's house, with all the trees. I bet you could buy that house for a song, fix it up and sell it at a profit. Yes, I've been watching too many house flipping videos on YT.

• LOL 2
39 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I have no idea what I just watched.👀

The link was supposed to be for the “Easter Egg” text, not the advert video clip 😋
Is that picture based on a famous painting?

Edited by OoohMaggie

“We're working on something with one of the great Walking Dead villains of all time, and it's coming together," Gimple said during The Walking Dead Holiday Special, now streaming on AMC+‘

Well if it’s not The Gov I wouldn’t bother, it’ll probably be ‘Ole Bayda’ zzzzzzzzzzz

“The Walking Dead Movie is moving forward and worth the wait’”   🙂😊😄😁😆😅😂🤣 I thought I’d get them in early 😋

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/the-walking-dead-movie-andrew-lincoln-rick-grimes-movie-delay-explained-worth-wait-scott-gimple/

Edited by OoohMaggie

EPISODE 1017 – “Home Sweet Home” 

Maggie (Lauren Cohan) has returned with a story she is not ready to share, even when her past catches up to her. Negan’s (Jeffrey Dean Morgan,) safety is at stake again. Daryl (Norman Reedus) and Maggie fight an unseen and unknown threat. 

F2A8019B-C427-4F1B-B251-313CCD961D36.jpeg

3915B5C9-EE8C-49D3-BE6F-65E260463E9A.jpeg

D1FCCF00-B350-42EF-9432-923AD3717011.jpeg

69650FEA-AF1B-4437-B567-DF4C24A80735.jpeg

C517FF22-D081-4F1C-8BC5-BFCA49E9D187.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Two questions, 

1 / whenever I’m walking through the woods, why don’t I ever come across The Beautiful One hiding behind a tree?

2 / the one and only time I’ve ever used a bow and arrow, the arrow was on the right hand side of the bow (being right handed), are there any rules regarding these things? 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
On 1/13/2021 at 11:59 AM, OoohMaggie said:

2 / the one and only time I’ve ever used a bow and arrow, the arrow was on the right hand side of the bow (being right handed), are there any rules regarding these things? 

Rules? I don't know if there are rules (I am not an archer), but I can say that, if you're right handed, and the arrow is on the right side, it isn't really "optimal." I haven't done a lot of archery, but I remember the arrow constantly just...kind of...falling off the arrow rest when I drew back the bow string. On a whim, the last time I tried, I had the arrow on the left side arrow rest as I drew the bow with my right hand. The arrow never fell off. I mean, it was snug. Also? My aim was truer, and the arrow flew straighter and faster. It was kind of awesome. I was hitting targets left and right at that Ren Faire booth 😁 and my friends' jaws kind of dropped. I admit I felt a bit badass after that, and kind of wanted to take up archery.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 2
On 1/14/2021 at 3:07 PM, Captain Asshat said:

Rules? I don't know if there are rules (I am not an archer), but I can say that, if you're right handed, and the arrow is on the right side, it isn't really "optimal." I haven't done a lot of archery, but I remember the arrow constantly just...kind of...falling off the arrow rest when I drew back the bow string. On a whim, the last time I tried, I had the arrow on the left side arrow rest as I drew the bow with my right hand. The arrow never fell off. I mean, it was snug. Also? My aim was truer, and the arrow flew straighter and faster. It was kind of awesome. I was hitting targets left and right at that Ren Faire booth 😁 and my friends' jaws kind of dropped. I admit I felt a bit badass after that, and kind of wanted to take up archery.

Archery 101:

• Draw with your dominant hand, brace with your off hand.
  • If your bow design allows*, arrow should rest on the side of the bow closest to your body.
  • When sighting, look over the arrow on the far side of the bowstring (the side furthest from your body) - this brings the whole lineup of the arrow as close to your core as possible.
  • When firing, gradually release the bowstring - don’t pluck it.

Now go forth and kill some deer/zombies/whatever, you bow-packing bitch.  😄 

P.S.: Depending upon how you are holding the bow, the inside forearm of your bracing arm will quite likely get tanned by the bowstring when releasing the shot.  If this is bothersome to you, buckle-on forearm guards are an option.

* Not all bows have ambidextrous rests, and those which don’t are usually designed for right-handed archers.  Left-handlers (like me) must adjust accordingly.  As usual.

Edited by Nashville
Added P.S.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think she's planning on it. The look is pure...I'm going to kill you slowly

...which in TWDLand automatically translates into “get ready for us to string THIS Great Showdown out over the next two or three seasons”....

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think she's planning on it. The look is pure...I'm going to kill you slowly

It’s the look on Negan's face  that winds me up, the look of utter disappointment, disappointment that after all those years she still hasn’t managed to find forgiveness, what was he expecting a high five? 

• Love 1