Type keyword(s) to search

Chrisley Knows Best - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wow. 

Just saw the headline on another website.

Is this a Guidice -  like ? Real Housewife of New Jersey, Joe and now *former wife*, Teresa, were both sentenced for fraud and tax evasion  (about 8 yrs ago). Point being, Joe G received a 4 yr sentence, while wife "Tre" received a year and a half. As wife, she signed off on all loans and financial docs thus incriminated her.  Flaunted wealth on TV as part of their story line. FYI, they have now both done their time and are out free now living their lives. Divorced. She remains on RH of NJ, making a zillion bucks and just re-married and filmed it for mega $$$ for the show. He, Joe, now lives in Italy, as on the heels of of his sentencing for fraud, he was also deported for not being a citizen. Cannot come back to the US, despite having 4 daughters. 

Those are l-o-n-g  sentences. It is shocking and sad. I feel sorry for the Todd's elderly Mother, and of course, the kids.  

And a closing comment, on this sad story, .....are there any other famous peeps that need to be charged, brought to justice, then sentenced for tax fraud and an assortment of financial schemes ? Hmmm, not sure what could trump the Chrisleys. 

• Wink 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

They deserve to go to jail, but their sentences seem harsh.  Put them to work in the real world.  How stupid to do that show.

Not harsh. They bilked institutions out of tens of millions of dollars. The Giudices were small potatoes compared to these two. Some of the unpaid loans forced small banks to go under. 

I hope they rot.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Will Todd and Julie serve one-at-a-time so that their minor son has a parent at home?

Good question. (They also have full custody of their 10-year-old granddaughter.) Would they allow them to do that when their terms are so lengthy? I wouldn’t think the court would delay someone’s prison time for 7 or 12 years while one spouse serves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Not harsh. They bilked institutions out of tens of millions of dollars. The Giudices were small potatoes compared to these two. Some of the unpaid loans forced small banks to go under. 

I hope they rot.

They might want to think about what lying about residency and income on state and federal tax returns will do, that's how the feds put Al Capone behind bars.  Eliot Ness couldn't get Capone, but the IRS did. 

The update article I saw says the two kids will be in Savannah's custody. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That's how the feds put Al Capone behind bars.  Eliot Ness couldn't get Capone, but the IRS did. 

The Al Capone analogy is a great one!

I'm an accounting and tax geek, so this is interesting to me.  The problem is that Todd cannot have it both ways.  If he creates a reality show based on his great wealth and income, then the IRS will be looking for their share of that income.   So had two choices:

1)  Go to the IRS (and admit to the world) that the whole thing was a fake for the reality show, and he never really made any money on his own.  If that is the case, no taxes are due.

2) Stick with his story that he is a self made millionaire.  Hope that the show based upon him being a self made millionaire generates enough money that he can pay everybody with the money from the show.

The problem is that it's too late now.  Contrary to what people may think, the IRS does not put people in jail for failing to pay taxes.  They put people in jail for failing to pay taxes and lying about it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I knew the whole thing was a house of cards but I didn't expect it to slam down this hard. I never really bought into the wealth act- way back at the beginning of the show they talked about starting a department store and that always seemed like a scam. What person in their right mind would try to build a brand new department store in the 2010's? I'm assuming that's when they started getting the fraudulent loans.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

The Girardis (RHoBH) have everyone trumped, I think.

Will Todd and Julie serve one-at-a-time so that their minor son has a parent at home?

The daughter, Savannah (?), is taking custody of both the minor son & the grand daughter that lives with them.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4

Don't know if it's true, but I read that they have to report to prison on January 15th, 2023. Julie will possibly go to Tallahassee and Todd will possibly go to Pensacola. I'm glad they're being punished this way, but just can't imagine the mood and the conversations in that family right now. Also, Chase supposedly spent $180,000 on Emmys engagement ring. Wonder how she feels knowing that money was Ill gotten? She's probably okay with it. None of them seem to have any problem spending money. One final thought, supposedly Todd and Julie have been on house arrest here in Nashville. So how was Todd able to rush to Grayson's side when he was in a bad car crash recently? Shame on them all.

• Love 3
On 11/22/2022 at 2:52 AM, Bossa Nova said:

Wow. 

Just saw the headline on another website.

Is this a Guidice -  like ? Real Housewife of New Jersey, Joe and now *former wife*, Teresa, were both sentenced for fraud and tax evasion  (about 8 yrs ago). Point being, Joe G received a 4 yr sentence, while wife "Tre" received a year and a half. As wife, she signed off on all loans and financial docs thus incriminated her.  Flaunted wealth on TV as part of their story line. FYI, they have now both done their time and are out free now living their lives. Divorced. She remains on RH of NJ, making a zillion bucks and just re-married and filmed it for mega $$$ for the show. He, Joe, now lives in Italy, as on the heels of of his sentencing for fraud, he was also deported for not being a citizen. Cannot come back to the US, despite having 4 daughters. 

Those are l-o-n-g  sentences. It is shocking and sad. I feel sorry for the Todd's elderly Mother, and of course, the kids.  

And a closing comment, on this sad story, .....are there any other famous peeps that need to be charged, brought to justice, then sentenced for tax fraud and an assortment of financial schemes ? Hmmm, not sure what could trump the Chrisleys. 

I remember reading a while back that Nanny Faye was being treated for bladder cancer. I hope that all of this bad news doesn’t make things worse for her health.  Her sister also passed earlier this year. I hope that one of the grandchildren steps in to help take care of her (not sure if Todd has any living siblings) since Todd and Julie won’t be there. 

• Sad 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

The daughter, Savannah (?), is taking custody of both the minor son & the grand daughter that lives with them.

Hopefully she’s saved and invested wisely as I believe their shows were cancelled, so that income stream is no more. I don’t know how successful or sustainable her makeup line is, but she’ll be supporting herself and two minors for the next few years. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, slasherboy said:

One final thought, supposedly Todd and Julie have been on house arrest here in Nashville. So how was Todd able to rush to Grayson's side when he was in a bad car crash recently? Shame on them all.

This is yet another example of how rich people (or famous people) are treated differently from you and me.

Steal $20 from a 7-11 and go to jail.

Embezzle $20 million from 7-11 and get house arrest.

• Applause 7
3 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

This is yet another example of how rich people (or famous people) are treated differently from you and me.

Steal $20 from a 7-11 and go to jail.

Embezzle $20 million from 7-11 and get house arrest.

It was actually over $30 million, but your point is correct.

Julie has parents. Maybe they'll step in to help in some capacity if needed.

Anybody know when Chase is supposed to get married?

I'm going to miss this show, as much as I rag on it.

I'd pay BIG MONEY to see live streaming from prison starring Todd. He won't be able to get his regular injection of Botox. 

Was "Growing Up Chrisley" cancelled as well?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just kind of stumbled on this YouTube video in which "Harvard Lawyer Lee" and Justin Paperny discuss the Chrisleys' sentences. Justin served time in federal prison for white collar crime. He spent his term in prison working on himself so he'd live a useful life after being released. He's now a consultant providing advice to people facing investigation/charges in white collar cases, and they have a nonprofit which provides support and assistance to people who are serving time. He has the inside knowledge of what it's like to serve time in a minimum security federal prison, and some interesting perspectives on the subject.

TBH I've barely heard of the Chrisleys and doubt I could stand watching five minutes of any of them on TV,  but since their case and sentencing has been discussed here I thought the video might be of interest to someone. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, slasherboy said:

It was actually over $30 million, but your point is correct.

Julie has parents. Maybe they'll step in to help in some capacity if needed.

Anybody know when Chase is supposed to get married?

I'm going to miss this show, as much as I rag on it.

I'd pay BIG MONEY to see live streaming from prison starring Todd. He won't be able to get his regular injection of Botox. 

Was "Growing Up Chrisley" cancelled as well?

I forgot about Julie’s parents. They seem somewhat normal compared to the rest of the crew. 

I agree that I wish they had cameras to record Todd’s prison experience. I’m guessing Julie will adjust but Todd is so damn pampered that I expect a hissy fit ten minutes after he arrives. 

I wonder if Chase will have a quick wedding before they have to report to prison. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I just kind of stumbled on this YouTube video in which "Harvard Lawyer Lee" and Justin Paperny discuss the Chrisleys' sentences. Justin served time in federal prison for white collar crime. He spent his term in prison working on himself so he'd live a useful life after being released. He's now a consultant providing advice to people facing investigation/charges in white collar cases, and they have a nonprofit which provides support and assistance to people who are serving time. He has the inside knowledge of what it's like to serve time in a minimum security federal prison, and some interesting perspectives on the subject.

TBH I've barely heard of the Chrisleys and doubt I could stand watching five minutes of any of them on TV,  but since their case and sentencing has been discussed here I thought the video might be of interest to someone. 

Thanks for the YouTube video link. I found it quite interesting. They'll have pickle ball?  Obviously, it won't be a picnic, but it sure won't be like "60 Days In".

Apparently, Chloe said she didn't want to live if her mother had to go away.

I wondered about Chase's wedding too. I was hoping it would be on TV, but don't hold out much hope now.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Thanks for the YouTube video link. I found it quite interesting. They'll have pickle ball?  Obviously, it won't be a picnic, but it sure won't be like "60 Days In".

Apparently, Chloe said she didn't want to live if her mother had to go away.

I wondered about Chase's wedding too. I was hoping it would be on TV, but don't hold out much hope now.

You're welcome. I linked to a video that had been livestreamed. Lawyer Lee followed that by posting a second video in which she and Justin continued the discussion of what the Chrisleys will face in prison. It's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPaZAxeP_xA

• Useful 3

I cannot see Savannah raising the two minors.  Hopefully, Julie’s parents will step in.  She and Chase have no sense of responsibility.  WTH kind of engagement ring costs 180,000?  I can’t see Chase having that kind of money.  I doubt he gets married anyway.  I think it was fodder for their show.  Not to mention, he’s probably broke anyway.

I hope Todd’s mom will be ok.  I enjoyed her on the show.  

I would love to hear what the oldest daughter and son think of all this?  I don’t think they have a relationship with their parents.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 11/25/2022 at 12:57 PM, DrSparkles said:

I honestly worry that Todd won't make it to prison. 12 years is a long time & he is soft (as am I!!!).

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.  🗝🗝💵💵

😎😎😁😁

• Like 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I would love to hear what the oldest daughter and son think of all this?  I don’t think they have a relationship with their parents.

It'd be great if Kyle could actually step up and be a father to his child after ten years of using his stepmom and dad to do it instead. I'm not holding my breath, though. I'm assuming the mom also has major problems if she can't care for her daughter, either. I feel horrible for Chloe. She's 10 and she's losing the only parental figures she's had. How do you even process that?

• Sad 6
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It'd be great if Kyle could actually step up and be a father to his child after ten years of using his stepmom and dad to do it instead. I'm not holding my breath, though. I'm assuming the mom also has major problems if she can't care for her daughter, either. I feel horrible for Chloe. She's 10 and she's losing the only parental figures she's had. How do you even process that?

Todd & Julie failed Chloe as well.  Lots of blame to go around.

• Love 7
On 11/24/2022 at 12:37 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

I agree that I wish they had cameras to record Todd’s prison experience. I’m guessing Julie will adjust but Todd is so damn pampered that I expect a hissy fit ten minutes after he arrives. 

I wonder if the laws concerning Todd making money in prison have kept up with the times.   Years back, there was an outcry that people who committed crimes would write books while in prison, then when the books sold well the people left prison as millionaires.

The solution?  A prisoner could write all the books they wanted, but could not keep any of the money.  If those laws kept up with the invention of the internet, then Todd will not be able to use his prison time to make a profit.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

I wonder if the laws concerning Todd making money in prison have kept up with the times.   Years back, there was an outcry that people who committed crimes would write books while in prison, then when the books sold well the people left prison as millionaires.

The solution?  A prisoner could write all the books they wanted, but could not keep any of the money.  If those laws kept up with the invention of the internet, then Todd will not be able to use his prison time to make a profit.

That sounds like a really weird law. Does it only apply to books or every way of making money like stocks & shares?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

That sounds like a really weird law. Does it only apply to books or every way of making money like stocks & shares?

This started with Son of Sam:

Son of Sam was a serial killer who was sent to prison.  His crimes were so heinous that he actually enjoyed a bit of celebrity status.  He took advantage of this by writing books about his crimes and the people he murdered.

So the families of his victims had to watch him profit solely because he killed their family members.

This caused the laws to be passed prohibiting prisoners to profit from the celebrity status of their crimes.

Of course, I'm in no way comparing these serial killers to Todd.   I'm a finance geek so my natural curiosity makes me wonder if he is also prevented from profiting off his prison experience.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2

I naively thought Chloe had hit the jackpot when Todd and Julie took custody of her. A financially well off family who adored her and would bring her up with the best of everything she could ever want. I'm sure they all still adore her, but her life will never be the same.

• Sad 2
  • Love 3
On 11/29/2022 at 2:55 PM, slasherboy said:

I naively thought Chloe had hit the jackpot when Todd and Julie took custody of her. A financially well off family who adored her and would bring her up with the best of everything she could ever want. 

Everything she could ever want materially that is. Gained illegally of course. 

• Love 6

Not just materially, although I agree with your point that all that stuff was gained illegally. She was also adored by Todd, Julie, Chase, Savannah, Grayson, and Nanna Faye and you can't put a price on that. Watching them interact with her on the show was genuine. They gave her many positive experiences that she wouldn't have otherwise known. Many of those experiences didn't necessarily cost anything.

I read this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/todd-and-julie-chrisley-s-granddaughter-chloe-s-mom-is-fighting-to-regain-custody-of-10-year-old/ar-AA14YU6k?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bd0c966d98af4c81a5e58b7c768314a8

that said Chloe's biological mother is going to try to get custody of her daughter in light of all that's happened. If it's true, that's just another thing for the family to worry about.

Poor little girl has already lost 2 sets of parents. She doesn't need to lose her home with the only family she's ever known too.

What a mess Todd and Julie created. Dumbasses.

Edited by slasherboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 12/6/2022 at 4:43 PM, slasherboy said:

Not just materially, although I agree with your point that all that stuff was gained illegally. She was also adored by Todd, Julie, Chase, Savannah, Grayson, and Nanna Faye and you can't put a price on that. Watching them interact with her on the show was genuine. They gave her many positive experiences that she wouldn't have otherwise known. Many of those experiences didn't necessarily cost anything.

I read this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/todd-and-julie-chrisley-s-granddaughter-chloe-s-mom-is-fighting-to-regain-custody-of-10-year-old/ar-AA14YU6k?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bd0c966d98af4c81a5e58b7c768314a8

that said Chloe's biological mother is going to try to get custody of her daughter in light of all that's happened. If it's true, that's just another thing for the family to worry about.

Poor little girl has already lost 2 sets of parents. She doesn't need to lose her home with the only family she's ever known too.

What a mess Todd and Julie created. Dumbasses.

I read today (I’ll look for the link), that Chloe’s bio mom is misinformed about being able to go back to court for custody. The adoptive parents are the legal parents and the bio mother’s parental rights were terminated, so she has no rights to go back to court for.  And, the bio mother had not visited the child since that happened.  It would be up to the legal parents to designate a legal guardian for the child.  

• Useful 4
On 12/7/2022 at 11:42 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I read today (I’ll look for the link), that Chloe’s bio mom is misinformed about being able to go back to court for custody. The adoptive parents are the legal parents and the bio mother’s parental rights were terminated, so she has no rights to go back to court for.  And, the bio mother had not visited the child since that happened.  It would be up to the legal parents to designate a legal guardian for the child.  

It looks like the rights were terminated in 2017 and she hasn't seen her daughter since 2015. Chloe literally would have next to no memories of this woman. I've heard of parents changing their mind in the process of adoption but they usually only get about a year and we're well past that.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
On 12/7/2022 at 11:47 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

It appears the Son of Sam law was ruled unconstitutional, but variations still exist, which allows the criminal to profit from the sale of their story, but giving notice and time so the victim could pursue a suit to get the money as damages.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Sam_law

I think it was mentioned above that the Chrisleys already owe court-ordered restitution, so anything they earn might have to go toward paying that. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I know I seem obsessed with this, but they're being locked up the day after tomorrow. I can't imagine what they must be doing and thinking. Is the whole family just sitting around all morose and everything? Or are they doing all the fun things they can before they CAN'T?

I guess I keep thinking about them because I feel like I know them, even though I don't. We all live in Nashville, I eat at the same restaurants they visit, go to the same parks, see the same scenery. I've seen every episode since the show began, although I don't listen to their podcast. I also worked as a background actor in several episodes.

I keep trying to put myself in their place, and it's just impossible.

I mean, do they fly down there tomorrow night in case they have to turn themselves in early on Tuesday? What do they say to each other as they go their separate ways? Do the kids go to Florida with them to see them walk into the slammer, so to speak? So many questions. Do they take anything with them? Like their own toothbrush? Do they give up their phones? Have Chase and Emmy set a wedding date?

GET THIS MONKEY OFF MY BACK!!!

Ok, I feel better now. Thank you for your support.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I have been thinking a lot about it too but now I am more on the have they finally realized they alone caused this to happen. Do they accept the pain their kids are going through is their fault? I can’t imagine having to come to terms with going away to prison for years but I also can’t imagine having to leave my children behind while I am gone solely because I decided to commit fraud. 

I do have to say that if it was the day before I have to report to prison I would probably spend it throwing up due to my high anxiety while praying for a miracle to keep me out for another day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Savannah posted a "Happy 50th Birthday" to her Mother (her BD was January 9th) and in it she again said how the justice system had failed her parents. Either Todd and Julie are excellent liars and have convinced their kids that they're innocent, have done nothing wrong, and were framed, or Savannah is just plain stupid. Ok, in denial. With ALL the evidence against her parents, how can she believe they're innocent? I know she wants to believe it, but girl, they're guilty AF.

• Like 6

If anybody is still out there, here are photographs and a couple of brief videos of this family over the weekend. Julie's parents are with them in Nashville. They were seen grocery shopping, getting gas, going to the post office and back, and having lunch at a Mexican restaurant. They all looked sooooo somber, and I can't blame them. Julie looked haggard.

Here's the link if you want to see them.

Julie and Todd Chrisley seen in Tennessee a day before going to jail for bank fraud and tax evasion | Daily Mail Online

The text of the story has several inaccuracies in it, again, if anybody is interested in this besides me.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Savannah posted a "Happy 50th Birthday" to her Mother (her BD was January 9th) and in it she again said how the justice system had failed her parents. Either Todd and Julie are excellent liars and have convinced their kids that they're innocent, have done nothing wrong, and were framed, or Savannah is just plain stupid. Ok, in denial. With ALL the evidence against her parents, how can she believe they're innocent? I know she wants to believe it, but girl, they're guilty AF.

It's possible she doesn't think they're innocent but she thinks they should have gotten a year at most.

• Sad 3

I think she has to believe her parents are innocent. Acknowledging the truth kind of shatters her own identity as the daughter of successful millionaire parents with a TV show. Her entire career is based on the show.  I cannot imagine how embarrassed she must be by it all. It’s easier to just claim they were unjustly persecuted. At some point she will admit to herself they are guilty, she just likely won’t admit it publically. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Not to mention the human capacity for denial is pretty huge. It doesn’t surprise me at all that she thinks they’re innocent — or that she knows they’re not but is towing the party line like a good soldier. Either could be true, really. Todd strikes me as a very domineering, controlling person. His kids are trained to believe him, even if they didn’t fully depend on him for their livelihoods.

• Like 5

I have boys slightly older than Grayson and I can’t help but think about how he will be affected by all of this. He will graduate high school in a year or two and then maybe head off to college (not sure how smart or studious he is, but he might want to play college baseball). He’s literally going to be a grown man by the time they’re released, close to the current age of his two siblings. 

So many events/milestones will be missed: high school and college graduations, milestone birthdays, possible weddings and more grandchildren, not to mention whether or not their older parents will still be around when they’re released. Once they realize what they’re missing out on, I wonder if Todd and Julie will feel some sort of remorse and wonder if they will think it was worth it. 

• Like 4