Type keyword(s) to search

Chrisley Knows Best - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think that they truly believe that they will be "set free". I think they truly believe that because they received some level of fame that justice is immune to them. I really hope the reality bites them in the ass and they realize that they are just like everyone else and it was based on lies. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

He’s literally going to be a grown man by the time they’re released, close to the current age of his two siblings. 

So many events/milestones will be missed: high school and college graduations, milestone birthdays, possible weddings and more grandchildren, not to mention whether or not their older parents will still be around when they’re released. Once they realize what they’re missing out on, I wonder if Todd and Julie will feel some sort of remorse and wonder if they will think it was worth it. 

Yep, in 12 years Grayson will be 28 and could very likely have a family of his own. I believe Nanny Faye has cancer and it's quite possible she won't live another 12 years.

Family is able to visit once-a-week. I wonder if any of them will move to Florida to be closer to the prisons and make it more convenient to see them. I can't help but think of the pall that will hang over Chase's wedding, no matter how hard they try to distract themselves.

As I was eating dinner tonight I wondered what kind of crap Todd and Julie are eating in prison. I'm sure it will be better than your everyday prison food for non-celebrities, but still, it's not going to be even CLOSE to what they normally eat. I know Todd loves his Cokes and I doubt that will be readily available to him.

I'm sure all the Chrisleys are miserable tonight. But they had plenty of wonderful nights with money that didn't belong to them.

• Like 7

Julie didn't go to Florida. Instead, she was reassigned to a place in Lexington, Kentucky. No explanation given as to why the change. That will be much more convenient for them to visit from Nashville.

Still spending way too much time and energy thinking about these people, but it will pass as the newness/novelty of it fades.

There are still questions. Do the women have access to razors to shave their legs and pits? Do they take their own underwear? Can they have make-up?

When I woke up this morning, long before I got out of bed, my first thought was if I was Todd or Julie, there's no way I would want to get out of bed and face this day in prison, cushy as it may be. Prison-cushy and real-life-cushy just aren't the same thing, no matter how it's presented.

• Like 3

I believe it's more psychiatrically related, but that's strictly a guess on my part. 

She's been cleared of all cancer so I doubt that's the reason. Of course, I'm not familiar with her health history, but I think if she was diagnosed with something serious enough to send her to a prison medical center, this would have been brought up much earlier than just a few days before her incarceration.

On the other hand, I can totally see her having a serious mental break-down that would require intervention by mental health professionals. That would be me if I was looking at 7 years in prison. Or 7 hours.

Again, just my opinion.

I looked up the handbook for the facility in Lexington and am learning all kinds of stuff, interesting stuff. And yes, my questions about razors and underwear have been answered.

I do wonder why there's more about Julie's adventure than Todd's. I use the term "adventure" with total sarcasm. I can't feel sorry for these people. Yes, I enjoyed watching their show, but they should be ashamed for all the illegal shit that allowed them to live their lavish lifestyle. Maybe this dose of realism and humiliation will have a positive effect on them.

But I doubt it.

Here's the link to that handbook, if anybody is interested.

lex_ao_handbook_eng_112417.pdf (bop.gov)

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
58 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

I believe it's more psychiatrically related, but that's strictly a guess on my part. 

She's been cleared of all cancer so I doubt that's the reason. Of course, I'm not familiar with her health history, but I think if she was diagnosed with something serious enough to send her to a prison medical center, this would have been brought up much earlier than just a few days before her incarceration.

On the other hand, I can totally see her having a serious mental break-down that would require intervention by mental health professionals. That would be me if I was looking at 7 years in prison. Or 7 hours.

Again, just my opinion.

I looked up the handbook for the facility in Lexington and am learning all kinds of stuff, interesting stuff. And yes, my questions about razors and underwear have been answered.

I do wonder why there's more about Julie's adventure than Todd's. I use the term "adventure" with total sarcasm. I can't feel sorry for these people. Yes, I enjoyed watching their show, but they should be ashamed for all the illegal shit that allowed them to live their lavish lifestyle. Maybe this dose of realism and humiliation will have a positive effect on them.

But I doubt it.

Here's the link to that handbook, if anybody is interested.

lex_ao_handbook_eng_112417.pdf (bop.gov)

So I don't have to read thru the document, do they have razors? I am assuming as to undies, they get ones issued to them. 

They DO get razors, but they have to buy them from the commissary with their own money unless they're indigent, and then it's on the taxpayers' dime. Same with undies, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, lotion, antacids, and pretty much everything else except their government-issued uniforms and regular meals. They can buy snacks from the commissary and some clothing items,

I've been reading articles too, and found this from Radar Online:

"Todd will be enjoying name brands like Tums for heartburn relief, while Julie will only be offered a generic type of antacid. Tums will run him $3.45 — that's one dollar more than his wife will pay if she needs relief. Todd will also get to snack on well-known cereal brands like Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, and Quaker oatmeal, with prices ranging from $3.05 to $4.45.

Julie will have the option of buying Raisin Bran for $2.35, but her only other choice will be reduced to a cereal called Honey Nut Scooters for $2.70.

Todd will also get better chip options, including Fritos ($2.65), nacho cheese Doritos ($2.55), and pork rinds ($1.25). Julie can pick from hot and spicy pork rinds (75 cents), plain or BBQ chips ($1.25), or tortilla chips ($1.50).

When it comes to toothpaste, deodorant, and other essential hygiene products, Todd's prison offers more.

The Chrisley Knows Best patriarch can choose between Degree, Dial, or Right Guard to keep his underarms fresh — but he'll have to shovel out anywhere from $1.35 to $5.30 to keep himself clean. Hopefully, Todd is a Colgate fan because he'll only be able to pick from the brand's baking soda toothpaste ($3.85), sensitive toothpaste ($7.20), and mouthwash (4.85).

Todd's shampoo and conditioner range from $2.20 for Suave shampoo and $2.60 for the brand's conditioner. If he has a dandruff breakout, a bottle of Head and Shoulders will put him back $9.75.

Julie's deodorant will be limited to Dial ($1.45) Degree ($2.55), or Sure ($2.30) — unless she wants to swap out any of those for Old Spice for $2.70. Surprisingly, she'll be able to pick between Colgate and Crest, and her toothpaste will still cost significantly less than her husband's.

She can also buy Suave to wash her hair and Head of Shoulders — but a bottle of that will cost her $7.35.

If either of them wants to write home, they better have 15 to 30 cents in their account. That's the cost of blue and black inked pens in prison. Julie will have to pay $1.65 for notebook paper, while Todd is stuck spending $2.10 for a legal pad, and that's a lot of toilet-scrubbing money!"

"

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

This excerpt from the FMC Lexington and SCP Atwood Camp Inmate Admission and Orientation Handbook

Civilian clothing (i.e. clothing not issued to the inmate by the Bureau or purchased by the inmate through the Commissary) ordinarily is not authorized for retention by the inmate. Prerelease civilian clothing for an inmate may be retained by staff in the Receiving and Discharge area during the last 30 days of an inmate’s confinement. All inmates are prohibited from wearing any clothing not government-issued or purchased in the Commissary. No inmates may be issued, permitted to purchase, or have in their possession any blue, black, red, or camouflage clothing or cloth items. Commissary sales of clothing are limited to the following colors: Only gray and/or white clothing may be sold in institutions for males and only pastel green, gray, and/or white may be sold in institutions for females. The only exception is for religious headgear. All government clothing, except undergarments will be tagged with a label indicating the inmate’s name and registration number. These items are to be neatly stored in the identified storage space provided. Individual washcloths and towels are issued to inmates. Representative authorized footwear/shoes may include: work (1 pr.), shower (1 pr.), athletic/specialty (1 pr. – black, white, grey, or a combination thereof with a maximum value of $100.00), slippers (1 pr.), and casual (1 pr.). Footwear will be placed neatly under the bed.

More highlights from the handbook:

Each inmate is responsible for making his bed in accordance with posted regulations before work call (including weekends and holidays when he leaves the area). Each inmate is also responsible for sweeping and mopping his cell floor, removing trash, and ensuring it is clean and sanitary. Cardboard boxes and other paper containers are not permitted for storage due to their combustible nature. Lockers must be neatly arranged inside and out, and all shelving must be neat and clean. Chairs are assigned to each cell, and will not be defaced or marked in any manner by the inmate. Toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, razors, and soap for personal hygiene are issued by the institution for only indigent inmates. Inmates may purchase name brand items through the Commissary.

Institutions issue clothing to the inmate population that is properly fitted, climatically suitable, and presentable. Institutions will furnish each inmate with sufficient clothing to allow at least three changes of cloths weekly. Institutions establish local procedures to account for the initial issue of Government-furnished items to inmates and for their return before release. Government-issued clothing will not be altered or disfigured in any manner. Examples include, but not limited to, the following: converting pants to shorts, pleats, cutting off shirt sleeves, defacing clothing, etc. An inmate found to have destroyed government property may receive an Incident Report and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken. Each institution has established local procedures for replacing lost, damaged, or clothing that does not properly fit. Additionally, you may contact the Trust Fund Department for guidance or questions related to the Laundry/Clothing operation. The institution may provide clean clothing in several ways: access to self-serve washers, a centralized laundry, or a combination of the two. When no centralized laundry is available, institutions provide detergent for inmate use.

• Like 2

I am not a judge or jury so I am trying not to be too critical. However I do think the change in their lifestyle. Having to adjust to prison life and rules will be good for this couple. From what I have seen on their show having to do without some of the luxuries they have grown used to by using ill gotten gains is a good thing. 

I do however feel bad for Grayson and Chloe whose lives are now turned upside down. And unlike the older children they have obviously not even had any knowledge of what was going on or participating in any wrong doing. 

• Like 6

I don't know if you can still watch them, but there was a great show called 24 to Life which followed people for the 24 hours before they went into prison to serve their sentence.  They would not reveal the crime until the end of the episode. It was an excellent show.  Here is the link: https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/24-to-life

About the Show

What would you do with your last 24 hours of freedom? “24 To Life” follows 16 unexpected individuals as they go through their final 24 hours before they must enter prison to serve a significant sentence for their non-violent crime. In each of the eight one-hour episodes, two seemingly average people on their final day of freedom say their goodbyes and prepare their loved ones for the years they’ll be away. The series offers a startling look at the consequences of crime and incarceration, and the devastation their sentences have wrought on their families. It’s an emotional, unexpected look inside the machinery of the criminal justice system.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 1/17/2023 at 2:48 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

Once they realize what they’re missing out on, I wonder if Todd and Julie will feel some sort of remorse and wonder if they will think it was worth it. 

I'm not sure they're the kind that can feel remorse. They seem more likely to shout witch hunt for the rest of their lives.

• Like 6

I think it has been, but they’re burning off the ones they’d filmed. They also canceled the Chase and Savannah show.

My husband is disappointed as he enjoyed the show in a trashy tv kind of way. I’m glad they’re dumping it so I won’t have to be subjected anymore.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, AgathaC said:

I think it has been, but they’re burning off the ones they’d filmed. They also canceled the Chase and Savannah show.

My husband is disappointed as he enjoyed the show in a trashy tv kind of way. I’m glad they’re dumping it so I won’t have to be subjected anymore.

They’re sort of losing their prime time time slot. New episodes are scheduled to air on Monday nights after WWE Raw. 

• Useful 1

Does anyone know if they were offered any type of plea deal that they turned down where might have been less time? I feel bad for the kids, especially the younger ones  ….  But I have a hard time believing they did not know what was going on 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Well, there's this. Kyle was arrested this afternoon for aggravated assault. What a mess of a family. I'd change my name if I was a Chrisley.

Yikes. He’s had quite a few problems over the years, if memory serves.

I really feel for Chloe. Both of her bio parents have had a lot of problems. Now, her grandparents (who have been her functioning parents for as long as she can remember) are in prison until she’s grown. It’s a lot for a little girl to deal with.

• Useful 1
On 2/18/2023 at 12:43 PM, Infiltr8 said:

Does anyone know if they were offered any type of plea deal that they turned down where might have been less time?

Todd and Julie could not accept a plea deal and here is why:  Their defense is that a money manager handles all the family finances and the Chrisleys have no idea what happens with the money.   This is their position and they are sticking to it.  Any plea deal would pierce this defense and they could not claim it going forward.

On 1/25/2023 at 4:47 PM, Grrarrggh said:

I'm not sure they're the kind that can feel remorse. They seem more likely to shout witch hunt for the rest of their lives.

People are very good at justifying their crimes.  I'm sure they are telling each other that the big bad banks don't need the money as badly as the Chrisleys do. 

• Like 3
On 3/15/2023 at 10:34 AM, AgathaC said:

Yikes. He’s had quite a few problems over the years, if memory serves.

I really feel for Chloe. Both of her bio parents have had a lot of problems. Now, her grandparents (who have been her functioning parents for as long as she can remember) are in prison until she’s grown. It’s a lot for a little girl to deal with.

In the early seasons I remember being hopeful that Chloe was having contact with her maternal side as I assumed that the black people at her 3rd-ish birthday party were her relatives from her Mom's side, but it doesn't sound like they kept any contact after that.

That just sucks, though, all around. I'm also worried about Grayson, because he's at that age when you can start doing very irresponsible things.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1