Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Orange County Hold ‘Em

• Start Topic

On 8/14/2018 at 10:29 AM, pinky33 said:

I actually hated that scene. It was such a crappy thing to say to your kid, and she only did it for the benefit of the cameras...trying to be funny. 

The more I see Gina, the less I like her.

It seems like every time Gina is on the spot to show what kind of job she's doing as mother, she doesn't do well.  She completely tunes her kids out in the car, has a hard time controlling them at the zoo, her pre-school age kid still can't count to 10 and she makes a joke about "math".  No Gina -- he'll never make it to "math" if he can't get past counting, much less simple arithmetic.

• Love 5
On 8/14/2018 at 11:36 AM, MatildaMoody said:

If they feel this way, all they have to do is say no. They don't. They take and then complain that it isn't on their terms. 

If you've never had a narcissist as a close family member, it's easy to misunderstand the dynamic.  When a narcissist offers a "gift", they are really offering a deal.  I will give "X", but you will be expected to give "Y" in return, and whenever I say.

When a family members says no thank you to the deal, then the pressure begins.  You are hounded, subtly at first.  But if the refusal continues, then the hounding gets more pronounced.  They gamble that you'll give in eventually, because it takes a lot of self-discipline to say no to something you really want.

I know it sounds crazy, but narcissists are crazy.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 8
On 8/14/2018 at 5:51 PM, chenoa333 said:

Www.ocregister.com has the full story.

I didn't read the entire story because I have a hard enough time staying awake. But I thought that under a million for that area in Orange county CA is kind of low. But I know nothing about real estate and current property prices in Coto. Or anywhere else! Lol

Looks like they bought the house in 2016 for $849,000, so $975,000 seems about right for a 4-bedroom 2,200 sq. ft. house in the current seller's market (which has been softening for the past month or two).  

I saw the listing photos -- it's an okay house, typical of those in the area (way inland nowheresville orange county) for the price.  I really disliked the big monolith thing-y in the foyer or whatever you'd call that room of the house so it makes me wonder why they chose it.  Here's the link for the listing:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/12-Cambridge-Ct-92679/home/5059107

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Looks like they bought the house in 2016 for $849,000, so $975,000 seems about right for a 4-bedroom 2,200 sq. ft. house in the current seller's market (which has been softening for the past month or two).  

I saw the listing photos -- it's an okay house, typical of those in the area (way inland nowheresville orange county) for the price.  I really disliked the big monolith thing-y in the foyer or whatever you'd call that room of the house so it makes me wonder why they chose it.  Here's the link for the listing:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/12-Cambridge-Ct-92679/home/5059107

That's a teeny house! Lol. For Shi Shi Bougouis OC!

• Love 4
On 8/14/2018 at 11:48 PM, Giselle said:

Enough with the 100+ year old plastic looking mother in law blow up doll. I had my series fill of her the moment she started yapping and mugging for the camera. 

Good god she was desperate for camera time. Now just pat her on the back of the head to usher her out the door.

G'ma Edith Flagg she is NOT.   loved her!  RIP G'ma Edith.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

G'ma Edith Flagg she is NOT.   loved her!  RIP G'ma Edith.

I loved her too. I would have loved to have watched  "Josh & Edith"  had there been a series. 

• Love 6
On 8/13/2018 at 11:18 PM, Bronzedog said:

Good point, but, the reason I think Vicki should have invited Kelly is because Kelly was pretty much the only Housewife that would film with Vicki last season before the reunion of Tamra, Shannon and Vicki.  Vicki filmed with Kelly, Briana, her grandsons, and, Steve.  Kelly and Shannon hated each other until recently.

Vickie’s lack of loyalty is disgusting. I don’t know why I’m surprised after watching her antics for 10 years. If she had any brains she would see what a good ally (and bad enemy!) kelly could be. She’s her own worst enemy and I’m really seeing how dumb she is...she has no idea how to maneuver politically, and will always have some screaming “FUCK YOUUUUU”, at her on a bus. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

If you've never had a narcissist as a close family member, it's easy to misunderstand the dynamic.  When a narcissist offers a "gift", they are really offering a deal.  I will give "X", but you will be expected to give "Y" in return, and whenever I say.

When a family members says no thank you to the deal, then the pressure begins.  You are hounded, subtly at first.  But if the refusal continues, then the hounding gets more pronounced.  They gamble that you'll give in eventually, because it takes a lot of self-discipline to say no to something you really want.

I know it sounds crazy, but narcissists are crazy.

I completely understand the dynamic. My mother is a raging narcissist. I understand that by accepting a gift I am making a deal. So, I refuse to engage. It's something I learned how to do in my teens and 20's. I've seen her play out this dynamic with my siblings and hers. We all accept that this is who she is, but we don't have to be a part of it. Brianna and Michael are well aware of who and what their mother is. They actually play into it to get things they want and detach when they feel like it. Like Michael working for Vicki but then moving without giving his address (basically saying I'll take the cush job and all of the promotions, but you are not allowed in my life). Like Brianna and Ryan taking her up on a free place to live and having the balls to tell her who she can and can't have in her home. Or Brianna eloping and then accepting a wedding that Vicki paid for. I personally believe her kids are every bit as narcissistic as she is and that they play a game of accepting what they want, and either detaching or bitching about the strings. 

• Love 4
On 8/14/2018 at 1:29 PM, pinky33 said:

I actually hated that scene. It was such a crappy thing to say to your kid, and she only did it for the benefit of the cameras...trying to be funny. 

The more I see Gina, the less I like her.

Awful. I hated it too. That’s not what you do when the poor kid gets it wrong the first time. You correct it. Not make fun of him. On camera. Kids are smarter than people think, and if she thinks she can make fun of him like that and he’s so obliviously unaware that she’s doing it, she’s stupider than she seems. That’s how kids learn, she couldn’t even be bothered to correct him, she would rather go for a cheap laugh. Something tells me math isn’t her thing either. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I completely understand the dynamic. My mother is a raging narcissist. I understand that by accepting a gift I am making a deal. So, I refuse to engage. It's something I learned how to do in my teens and 20's. I've seen her play out this dynamic with my siblings and hers. We all accept that this is who she is, but we don't have to be a part of it. Brianna and Michael are well aware of who and what their mother is. They actually play into it to get things they want and detach when they feel like it. Like Michael working for Vicki but then moving without giving his address (basically saying I'll take the cush job and all of the promotions, but you are not allowed in my life). Like Brianna and Ryan taking her up on a free place to live and having the balls to tell her who she can and can't have in her home. Or Brianna eloping and then accepting a wedding that Vicki paid for. I personally believe her kids are every bit as narcissistic as she is and that they play a game of accepting what they want, and either detaching or bitching about the strings. 

I agree, though I would probably characterize Brianna and Michael as acting more like entitled brats. Maybe it's because we've seen more of Briana on TV but I think she comes across as more of a user than her brother does and with that, I've only seen their interactions pretty limited to being with their mother and not people in general. I think Michael knows that he has his mother wrapped around his finger, but I also think probably picks his battles more wisely because he sees his mother more regularly. For example, Vicki tried to weasel her way onto his planned vacation to Greece with his girlfriend...and guess what? She and her boyfriend ended up going with Michael. I can believe that Vicki's persistence will sometimes work with Michael but with Brianna, I don't think Vicki's persistence works unless Brianna can recognize there's something in it for her. Brianna will pick herself up and move when she wants to really distance herself from her mother (but accept all of the long distance gifts that get sent her way) and when she's ready, she comes back home and it always seems like its because she needs something from her mother - whether that's a place to live, someone to buy her home, or take care of her children because she's not well. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for her having a young family and having to deal with a medical condition but that doesn't excuse her pattern of taking advantage of her mother's irrational need to hand her children things that they are capable enough to work for on their own.

• Love 2
On 8/14/2018 at 4:39 PM, mon berg said:

Kelly looks a lot of the time either drunk or drugged out.

Shannon still moaning about weight issues well simple do something about it no wonder David was annoyed with her she talks alot but does nothing yet he does to work everyday no wonder he had to get away shes a mess.

It is pointless getting equipment to do exercise if you are not going to use it or sort out what is most important the food/drink you consume (crosstrainer is all she needs that is great workout without putting pressure on joints)

Tamra sounds very jealous when others have friendships not revolving around her and what is with keeping score people dont need to phone you everytime to ask hows this person or that person it's weird especially when you have sick partner/child somethings should be private.

A few people have commented on Eddie and I can understand what he is going through when you are active person and then you get sick everything changes without it being your choice it is awful especially when there is no fix a large % of these people suffer depression with suicidal thoughts this happened to myself when diagnosed with ms many years ago with it looking like there is no hope i would ever get out of wheelchair with it getting worth in the future.

Is Tamra really this dumb she looked up Eddie condition and thought theirs easy fix what the hell sites has she been reading there is many things they need to try pacemaker tends to be one of them and there is no cure the sooner he gets this and into her head the better not sure what these doctors are feeding them or he is in denial

so bored of this setting up ex with friend grow up whats the problem plus it didn't go down like Kelly is making out the only reason to react like this is if you still are in love with them and jealous the others jumping in whats that about its none of there business this is what Jeana sort of said no other place they accept this move on.

That Michael creeps me out the same with Ryan, whats with Vickis kids letting her buy them houses/condo the point of growing up moving out is to be independent

These women are all insecure and need a real reality check

i feel bad for Michael - I think the kid is gay (NTTAWWT) and that his mother won't give him a welcoming coming out.  I have a very acute gaydar and ever since we first met Michael - I've been pinging like crazy.  again.....not that there's anything wrong with that.  :) 

• Love 3

Just rewatched the Mexico episode with Shannon, Tamra and Vicki. I think Shannon's body looked nice in the hot tub scene (after the spanx came off!) Personally, I wouldn't care how much I weighed or who is filming me, you put a jacuzzi/hot tub and tequila in front of me....I'm goin' IN! Lol !

ETA: Kelly is crazy and unpredictable so I don't think it would matter WHAT Vicki did/said in regard to not telling Kelly about Kelly's ex dating someone Vicki knows and socialized with. Kelly will always be a loose cannon. And please "ladies" (Tamra) STOP with the  f'n "girl code" bullshit. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1

I, admittedly fast forward through a lot of what Vicki is in but can someone tell me why she was unwilling to get in the hot tub in their private suite?

1. Did she just not feel like it?

2. Did she consider it bad behavior and she promised her dull boyfriend she’d be “good”?

3. Was it because Tamra was nekked wasted?

On 8/15/2018 at 2:48 AM, Giselle said:

Enough with the 100+ year old plastic looking mother in law blow up doll. I had my series fill of her the moment she started yapping and mugging for the camera. 

Good god she was desperate for camera time. Now just pat her on the back of the head to usher her out the door.

Along with the toddlers. Everyone out. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, bagger said:

I, admittedly fast forward through a lot of what Vicki is in but can someone tell me why she was unwilling to get in the hot tub in their private suite?

1. Did she just not feel like it?

2. Did she consider it bad behavior and she promised her dull boyfriend she’d be “good”?

3. Was it because Tamra was nekked wasted?

I am guessing its because she gained weight and was the largest one there.

• Love 2
On 8/16/2018 at 7:57 PM, ghoulina said:

This is not a factual statement. Weight loss is absolutely harder for some than it is for others. Women generally have a harder time losing weight than men. Women who are around menopause? Even harder. Old habits are hard to break. If they weren't, we'd all be perfect. :)

Shannon was shown SEVERAL times to have prepared meals when David got home. In fact, that's where her nagging about his snacking came from. She seemed like a typical mother - "don't ruin your appetite!" I hated when she did that. But I'd never characterize Shannon as someone who just sat around doing nothing all day. 

When marriages dissolve, it's rarely one person's fault. Their marriage fell apart for a myriad of reasons - one being David's inability to honor his wedding vows. Shannon certainly contributed to things along the way. But I'm not a fan of the notion that they got divorced simply because Shannon whined about her weight and didn't cook food he liked.

That is false you can use all the excuses you want weight loss is a science so unless you have a disease/illness it can easily be done without even the effort of going to gym and its a state of mind which is why life style has to change rather then just dieting because all that will do is help in short term but people will go back so it becomes a circle.

Correct a few times she did meals but it wasn't for him it was because she was trying her diet out so she was doing a meal she was going to have and giving it to rest of the family there you go you have what im having that is all which he had clearly stated to her he is not eating that.

What did Shannon do the only thing we ever heard was she looked after the kids well they are teenagers so she really hasn't need to do much for long time so why has she never had a job even part time one.

Their marriage was done long time ago David stayed for the kids I remember Shannon even saying something like that.

2 hours ago, mon berg said:

That is false you can use all the excuses you want weight loss is a science so unless you have a disease/illness it can easily be done without even the effort of going to gym and its a state of mind which is why life style has to change rather then just dieting because all that will do is help in short term but people will go back so it becomes a circle.

Correct a few times she did meals but it wasn't for him it was because she was trying her diet out so she was doing a meal she was going to have and giving it to rest of the family there you go you have what im having that is all which he had clearly stated to her he is not eating that.

What did Shannon do the only thing we ever heard was she looked after the kids well they are teenagers so she really hasn't need to do much for long time so why has she never had a job even part time one.

Their marriage was done long time ago David stayed for the kids I remember Shannon even saying something like that.

Science does not support your theories about weight loss, especially with menopausal women.

I won't even try to explain the concept of marriage as an equal partnership, or the work women bring to the table.  It is obviously a foreign concept to some.

And those kids David stayed for : the same ones he handed his wedding ring to give back to their mother?  The kids he showed that men could, and would, throw over a marriage for some strange pussy, while denigrating their mother - before, during and after that phony vow renewal?  It appears he's more interested in showing off his matching heart tattoos with his girlfriend than showing off his love and devotion to his young and impressionable daughters ...

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Science does not support your theories about weight loss, especially with menopausal women.

I won't even try to explain the concept of marriage as an equal partnership, or the work women bring to the table.  It is obviously a foreign concept to some.

And those kids David stayed for : the same ones he handed his wedding ring to give back to their mother?  The kids he showed that men could, and would, throw over a marriage for some strange pussy, while denigrating their mother - before, during and after that phony vow renewal?  It appears he's more interested in showing off his matching heart tattoos with his girlfriend than showing off his love and devotion to his two young and impressionable daughters ...

Well said!

Thank you!

• Love 7