Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Barry disappears in 2024 (or sooner, depending on what Nora does) still gone through 2049 and his villain this year starts killing hundreds of metas and people, so yeah no help from Team Flash

Flash EPs said Crisis is during this years crossover and are in the process of speeding up their storyline especially the newspaper SL with Iris.

• Love 1

The thing is, it doesn't sound like Oliver and Felicity necessarily send Mia away, given this from https://tvline.com/2019/02/11/arrow-recap-season-7-episode-13-blackstar-mia-oliver-felicity-daughter/:

"First of all, you have this sibling rivalry — “you were the biological kid”/”but you were the one who got to experience more of a normal childhood.” Both of them are jealous of each other, and yet they bond with each other because no one can else can understand the experience of being Oliver and Felicity’s child. They bond over the struggle that that entails, the feeling of abandonment, and the feeling of being second to the greater good of the city.

It’s not easy growing up with superhero parents and feeling as though you are Priority No. 2. Yes, they understand it’s important, but also you’re a kid and you want your parents to care about you and what you need and what you want, and not put you aside to defend strangers."

Especially the second bolded part makes it sound like Mia does at least spend some of her childhood with Oliver and Felicity. They could send her away later on, but maybe it's simply that yes, Mia grows up with Oliver and Felicity, but she also grows up with them (or just Felicity, depending on what's going on with Oliver/COIE) as Star City/the Glades become what they are in the future. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really hope they find Felicity by the all future forward episode because a whole episodes with neither Oliver nor Felicity is not what I wants.

They do find her in 716, and literally they can't have episodes without them, SA and EBR have to be in every episode.

7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Flash EPs said Crisis is during this years crossover and are in the process of speeding up their storyline especially the newspaper SL with Iris.

Yeah, that's what I meant by "or sooner," since they haven't changed the time he disappeared yet, just the time of the newspaper so far

• Love 1

Huh? ...

Exclusive: 'Arrow' Recruits Connor Hawke In a Recurring Role
By RUSS BURLINGAME - February 11, 2019
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/02/11/arrow-recruits-connor-hawke-as-a-recurring-guest/

Last week, fans were shocked to see that Connor Hawke (Joseph David-Jones, first seen in the role on DC's Legends of Tomorrow) reappear in the "real" continuity. ComicBook.com can now exclusively report that David-Jones has joined the cast as a recurring guest for the rest of the season.

Also of note: Arrow will seemingly make a major change to Connor's character as we know him.

In the official character description, provided by Warner Bros. Television, Hawke is described as "John Diggle's adopted son and friend of Mia who is hiding more secrets than it appears."

That "adopted son" thing might stick out at you a little bit, since in his Legends appearance, Hawke was actually Diggle's biological son, John Junior. Shortly after that episode aired, The Flash rewrote history with "Flashpoint" and John's daughter Sara was suddenly a son, again named John Diggle, Jr.

Technically, the dark and violent timeline of "Star City 2046" was erased when the Legends won the day -- although between Zari's timeline and the one currently being seen in Arrow's flash-forwards it does not particularly seem like a huge improvement was made.

Edited by tv echo
19 minutes ago, bijoux said:

That doesn’t make the tiniest bit of sense. He’s now Dig’s adopted son looking just like Dig’s bio son in an alternate timeline and using the same alias? Sure.

Clearly one of the Legends somehow brought back a picture of Connor, Barry ran to the future or they showed it to Nora and she went, "Nope, not JJ grown up," and then they went to the future to find who would turn out to look like Connor and Diggle adopted that kid ...

Nope, I got nothing. This makes zero sense. 

9 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Maybe he is officially Diggles "adopted" son, in reality he is his actual son, 

Yeah, this makes sense. That way he can remain connected to Diggle without having the Diggle name, which I'm guessing is trash in Star City along with Queen. What did y'all do! 

39 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Just saw this tweet from KM. I wonder if she goes by Mia Smoak-Queen initially and then after whatever happens to SC/Oliver, she switches to just Mia Smoak? Maybe that's something we see in 716? 

Well she said in of the interviews last night that the name "Queen" has a huge target on it. Probably gets a name change or something when young to try to protect her from Olicitys enemies 

Given that Felicity is obviously very prominent in the future, I don't think the name Smoak is that much help in that regard. Kuttler or Dearden would have made more sense if it's about safety. 

• Love 1

In the official character description, provided by Warner Bros. Television, Hawke is described as "John Diggle's adopted son and friend of Mia who is hiding more secrets than it appears

It could be a ruse or there's also a good chance that the description just got it wrong.  I keep seeing those that insist he can't be Diggle and Lyla's son given Connor Hawk's background in the comics.  Like someone said upthread, Dinah recognized him as JJ.  It's the same kid that Lyla gave birth to.  It's Dig's kid.  

Or maybe JJ dies and his duplicate from another earth replaces him, lol.

Honestly, as horrible as that would be, it would make me feel a bit better about how casually they replaced Sara.  

Edited by BkWurm1
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I thought she had called him 'JJ' but it sounds like that was just in my head.

Mine too I guess.   The switch to an adoptive son looking just like his biological child really is a bridge too far for me unless they did actually grab him from a different reality. 

36 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

That's what I'm thinking. This future could be pre-Crisis and a way for them to have a get out of jail free card.

Could this be post crisis? Let's say Oliver does die in this timeline, and that's why everything is trash... but with Nora changing the timeline, maybe he survives next year (which he will lol). Then next year we'll see the ff change. It would be a big risk though, to go all season with a dead Oliver in the future. And I'm not even sure if that makes sense bc time travel legit gives me headaches. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Could this be post crisis? Let's say Oliver does die in this timeline, and that's why everything is trash... but with Nora changing the timeline, maybe he survives next year (which he will lol). Then next year we'll see the ff change. It would be a big risk though, to go all season with a dead Oliver in the future. And I'm not even sure if that makes sense bc time travel legit gives me headaches. 

I think this is post the original Crisis where Barry disappears since Nora is currently from the "original" (thats been changed 5 billion times now) timeline. it makes sense that we would be seeing that timeline vs. the one that will happen next year with the Crisis coming way earlier then expected.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think this is post the original Crisis where Barry disappears since Nora is currently from the "original" (thats been changed 5 billion times now) timeline. it makes sense that we would be seeing that timeline vs. the one that will happen next year with the Crisis coming way earlier then expected.

Ok, that's basically what I thought lol. I hate all this time travel shit.

current ff: 2024 crisis event

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, JJ928 said:

Ok, that's basically what I thought lol. I hate all this time travel shit.

current ff: 2024 crisis event

I hate it too. But I also hate this future so time travel wipe the shit out of it (except Curtis leaving, Felicity and her offspring hating Dinah, Rene being in a walled city away from everyone else and the Olicitot- those things can stay) All I wanted was to see Olicity and their kids and Diggle and his kids saving the city together or saving one another and not being shitty  parents whose kids feel abandoned by. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Honestly, as horrible as that would be, it would make me feel a bit better about how casually they replaced Sara.  

If they bring back baby Sara and make JJ an adopted son, all will be forgiven. They went to the trouble of getting the same actor several years after they promised him they'd want to use him some day so. I'd say he's a bio Diggle. 

• Love 3

Yeah, I'm on the theory that it's held off until near the end and that's what the drama is in 714 on the Oliver/Felicity end. Olicity find out about Diaz in the Suicide Squad, Oliver is surprised/slightly upset, but then comes around (per SA's on set interview last year) rationalizing that he worked with Bronze Tiger in prison so greater good morally grey people  blah blah blah. Meanwhile, Felicity gets super ticked (probably countered with "they worked with Slade/Deadshot/Malcolm, etc.") with the stress of having a new baby to worry about in the crosshairs of a big bad just walking around (cue forest nightmare). Oliver thinks there's something more she's concerned about, Felicity reveals she's pregnant.

• Love 2

Based on SA's favorite scenes, I could see SA insisting on showing Oliver's reaction. Even without that though, it's such a huge scene for Oliver (it is for Felicity too but they left out her reaction to being paralyzed so its Oliver that tips this). I can't see the writers leaving it out. 

8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe we'll see Felicity tell him just before Diggle shows up to tell them about Diaz. 

Felicity: "I'm pregnant."

Felicity's security system announces Diggle's at the door. 

Diggle: "I'm working with the man who wants all of you dead."

Oliver punches Diggle. Gimme.

I lean more towards Felicity telling Oliver at the end of the episode. I think she may get interrupted by Diggle in the beginning. We get to see her nightmares and be super angry with Diggle (hopefully) before her and Oliver talk at the end of the episode.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

Based on SA's favorite scenes, I could see SA insisting on showing Oliver's reaction. Even without that though, it's such a huge scene for Oliver (it is for Felicity too but they left out her reaction to being paralyzed so its Oliver that tips this). I can't see the writers leaving it out. 

It really is such a huge scene for Oliver and Beth has been here since the beginning, so she should know that better than anyone.

tumblr_inline_pmulhhVYI31shrb8p_500.gif

This man never thought he would get to have a life and a family with Felicity. Obviously, this moment will come full circle when we see him looking at Felicity holding newborn Mia, but his reaction to finding out his wife is pregnant is equally important. He deserves that moment and we do too.

• Love 16

Interesting characters to crossover.  I wonder if there's some underlying story since they also brought in Capt Singh for 713.  Or are they there to tell Dinah she's the most amazing undercover cop to ever exist?  I had to laugh at that Singh Anvil in 713...we get it, she's going to struggle with being a cop vs Vigilante and maybe even a Vigilante that lost her Cry....

20 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Interesting characters to crossover.

I'm not 100% they crossover, but them all being right next to the studio and then tagging Arrow and since that doll is the same one they use to be Jenna, I think it is more likely than it being Baby Mia now. Although if they stop by and Oliver's in the scene, maybe they'll do a whole "Joe West gives advice to almost new father Oliver," kind of like when Lance gave Joe advice back during Flash s1/Arrow s3.

20 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I had to laugh at that Singh Anvil in 713

Ngl, when it started I asked, "Is this another story about when Dinah was undercover?" Singh: "When you were undercover..." Me: "OH MY GOSH"

Edited by way2interested
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Ngl, when it started I asked, "Is this another story about when Dinah was undercover?" Singh: "When you were undercover..." Me: "OH MY GOSH"

Especially after she just delivered a line to Oliver about when she went undercover.  It's a freaking joke at this point, most cops spend a year or more undercover on a single assignment.  Dinah would have to be a 20 year veteran to have done all the undercover jobs they attribute to her.  

• Love 1

Joe would probably just remind Oliver of all the bad stuff he’s done 😑 

I thought they were filming flash forwards yesterday.

If Singh wants her back in Central City tho I’m all for it, I’ll even throw in a DA for free. 

• Love 6