Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Yeah, it's obviously a compass but people are trying to find meaning in the double circle (which looks like a bullseye to me), and reading into the center X. 

Okay then, I'll bow out then and stop commenting on obvious things!

For the record, I think it's supposed to be both a compass and a bullseye (but perhaps that is also obvious). 

6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

And reach or not, if they are going to do it, they'll do it. Laurel became BC after boxing lessons, Oliver survived a stab to the chest and falling off a mountain with some tea, etc.

Whoops! Didn't see this!

For once I want the stupid to rule in MY favour!!!!!!

I will take any nonsense over Dinah! Have E2 Felicity kidnap Maya and lock real Felicity in a basement! I'll take it! 

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

And I can see them not doing that, which one is right?

Fair point and obviously anyone is entitled to believe anything (KC fans still think Oliver will marry BS) but I would say by snooping around on Twitter the majority of fans got slapped in the face by the 20min Dinah screen time in what was supposed to be an Olicity ep.

So I'd say the odds of them doing something "good" are not high right now if they are as tone deaf as to dish out an ep like 708.

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Fair point and obviously anyone is entitled to believe anything (KC fans still think Oliver will marry BS) but I would say by snooping around on Twitter the majority of fans got slapped in the face by the 20min Dinah screen time in what was supposed to be an Olicity ep.

Who sold it as an Olicity ep? Did anyone from the show do that, or was it just reviewer opinion that made people think that? Because it was a big episode for them, just not really full of the best things for anyone who's a fan of the relationship.

• Love 1
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

in what was supposed to be an Olicity ep.

No one affiliated with the show called it an Olicity episode, only MM did after watching the episode, arguably mistakenly, so it's a stretch to say "supposed to" since it was more of "expected to". EBR said she liked a scene they did, SA said he liked the scenes they did, that's it. No clips and even the press release pretended that Oliver was still in prison. This was a case of mistaken assumptions.

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

but I would say by snooping around on Twitter the majority of fans got slapped in the face by the 20min Dinah screen time

Fans being angry about Dinah means that it's arguably definite that they'll never show Felicity in the flash forwards?

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

So I'd say the odds of them doing something "good" are not high right now if they are as tone deaf as to dish out an ep like 708.

People said the exact same things in s5 and lookie there 520 happened

• Love 1

I think we may get many answers in the winter premier. The title originally was "My name is Emiko Queen," and as we saw last ep they revealed the GA and Blackstar but gave us minimal info. So I can see ep 10 expanding on both those characters. Also, it was media that hyped up the Olicity aspects of the ep, not the writers, and let's be real media hypes up everything like they're bring paid.

• Love 1

Regarding how long they are going to drag things out, I think we will get a shift pretty soon after hiatus. SA said they that work things out pretty quickly and the present/future are being written in a sort of parallel fashion. If Olicity is back on sure footing than the FFs are going to reflect that some way. My guess is in the Maya reveal.

Side note, but I’d love for Oliver to teach Felicity how to fight and it transitions into a scene of Maya saying she learned a particular punch/kick from her mom.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Who sold it as an Olicity ep? Did anyone from the show do that, or was it just reviewer opinion that made people think that? Because it was a big episode for them, just not really full of the best things for anyone who's a fan of the relationship.

I think based on the journos and the fact that we have had no Olicity all season, a lot of people believed 708 would be an Olicity ep. Shame on us!

I didn't mind the Olicity angst but I feel like we were missing chunks of points of view and instead got 20 min of Dinah.

You are right, no one sold it as an Olicity ep. Shame on any of us who thought that logically, as a big part of the show, we would get an ep with LOTS of Olicity screen time instead of a boring character with no fanbase.

Which then leads to my point, chances are we will NOT get any good Olicity screen time because that nag Dinah will be everywhere in the future and it wouldn't be an illogical conclusion. 

What's hurting the show right now, for me at least, is the lack of interviews and the lockdown on spoilers. We should hear from Beth. We should have more than quotes from conventions from actors, especially now that Oliver is out of prison and they don't have to try to keep when he'd be out a secret. There's a difference between keeping spoilers from leaking and giving fans nothing. Hopefully that changes leading up to the midseason premiere. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

No one affiliated with the show called it an Olicity episode, only MM did after watching the episode

To be fair to Matt, I don't think he called it an Olicity episode. He said it was the biggest Olicity episode in a while, and arguably, that's true, since I can't remember the last time they got 3 scenes in an episode that focused primarily on their relationship. But most fans on Twitter were surprised to find out that there were multiple Olicity scenes and they knew Maya and Emiko were going to debut, so I don't think most of them were expecting it to be an "Olicity episode." That said, I don't think anyone was expecting so much Dinah in the episode, so I think that was an unpleasant surprise for most. 

On another note, Casey K just pointed out on Twitter that if the tattoo is a compass, due north is a black star. Hmmm. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Okay then, I'll bow out then and stop commenting on obvious things!

For the record, I think it's supposed to be both a compass and a bullseye (but perhaps that is also obvious). 

LOL but commenting on random shit, that will probably have zero meaning is the fun part.

To me the Olicity scenes felt short, rushed and needed expansion but Dinah, doing irrelevant things (why the f do I need to see Dinah and Rene together?) just went on and on and on. 8 eps of separation and they thought that was appropriate doesn't leave "me" with much faith as to what they might deem good story telling in the future.

The Olicity scenes were GREAT and I enjoyed them but that's on EBR and SA rather than the writing! I would have quit the ship and show long ago if they were played by other actors. I still think the writing was shit! 

ETA: I am highly vexed but am aware these are the frustrations from me choosing to watch a shit show with second rate writers on the CW! 

I just need to breath and be zen! It's CW! I used to laugh at people who tried to logically argue about Gossip Girl back in the day! I am one of those people now! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

To be fair to Matt, I don't think he called it an Olicity episode. He said it was the biggest Olicity episode in a while, and arguably, that's true, since I can't remember the last time they got 3 scenes in an episode that focused primarily on their relationship. But most fans on Twitter were surprised to find out that there were multiple Olicity scenes and they knew Maya and Emiko were going to debut, so I don't think most of them were expecting it to be an "Olicity episode." That said, I don't think anyone was expecting so much Dinah in the episode, so I think that was an unpleasant surprise for most. 

Right, and that also shows that it was mistaken expectations on Dinah, nothing to do with Olicity, and for Dinah that mostly has to do with the fact that she's in the flash forwards and not anything plot specific for her. She's just literally in places that other characters (Oliver, William) need her to be to progress their plots

7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Which then leads to my point, chances are we will NOT get any good Olicity screen time because that nag Dinah will be everywhere in the future and it wouldn't be an illogical conclusion. 

I think not getting ANY good Olicity scenes period is an illogical conclusion. They even got one on 707 and people were getting mad and expecting nothing. for that

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Regarding how long they are going to drag things out, I think we will get a shift pretty soon after hiatus. SA said they that work things out pretty quickly and the present/future are being written in a sort of parallel fashion. If Olicity is back on sure footing than the FFs are going to reflect that some way. My guess is in the Maya reveal.

Side note, but I’d love for Oliver to teach Felicity how to fight and it transitions into a scene of Maya saying she learned a particular punch/kick from her mom.

Same, but now I think part of the reveal is just going to be Maya knowing what the Mark of Four is already

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

To me the Olicity scenes felt short, rushed and needed expansion but Dinah, doing irrelevant things (why the f do I need to see Dinah and Rene together?) just went on and on and on. 8 eps of separation and they thought that was appropriate doesn't leave "me" with much faith as to what they might deem good story telling in the future.

Yeah, but that's always how Arrow's been. It's never been a show that gives weighty emotional scenes even a second to breathe. 

• Love 1

Thanks for all the explanations on the star, I didn't get it. When I saw the Tat, the Arrow was obvious but the star looked like a Magic Wand to me 😁. I also caught the bullseye but that one was kinda blatant.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

In regards to Maya and her parentage, jbuffyangel actually had a pretty good argument for it still being an Olicity child; they won't reveal she's Oliver & Felicity's daughter, until the present day Felicity reveals she's pregnant - which could be the season finale. 

I think the explanation that William didn't react to her, may be tied to why he was drinking at the end, something that he supposedly doesn't do.  Why else would he react that way?

• Love 1

To be fair, I also thought we'd get more Olicity (and Felicity) than we actually got in 708, mostly because they'd been separated for 7 episodes. I feel somewhat short-changed tbh, especially as we've jumped right into angst and basically only had one nice/happy scene. But that's purely my own assumptions and maybe a little bit of believing Matt from TV Line. LMAO. I also didn't expect for the episode to be so overrun with Dinah everywhere, even though she still doesn't seem to have her own storyline and is more exposition prop for everyone else. There were some scenes of hers which were completely unnecessary and that time could've been dedicated elsewhere but what's done is done. 

As for the tattoo, I agree with others here. It's a pretty lame design that doesn't really have anything to do with the 4 things Dinah mentioned, of which I cannot remember right now, haha, so I'm not sure it's supposed to be anything beyond "oh here's a target and an arrow, let's throw in a star meh whatever." LOL. 

15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Older Dinah (to Adult William): "It symbolizes the four pillars of heroism - courage, compassion, selflessness, and loyalty."

And Dinah has shown none of those, someone please remove that tattoo from her arm.

• Love 19

Interestingly, there’s nothing about the tattoo design that symbolizes any of those things except the fact it has 4 sections. It would be great if Oliver had duped the newbies into getting that tattoo by making up an explanation to them feel included when it’s really actually all about the Queen family. 

• Love 5

If Beth and Greg took a good hard look at S6 and decided to make Dinah & Co. the Villains of the future, I would be a glittter bomb of joy. 

And then I would probably die of shock. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Just read the new review @tv echo posted.

People are (understandably) jumping off the baby train. It makes me sad. I love William but I am sad at the prospect that Oliver and Felicity never have an Olicitot together. 

Just 20 miserable freaking years in the hellmouth. Is this what happens when writers try to be clever without the skills to be clever?

For some reason I have a theory that Maya was raised as Thea and Roy's Kid but shes actually Oliver and Felicitys but then I cant see Oliver and Felicity keeping that from Maya or being able to give their child unless her life was threatened and things get real bad in the future. Still hoping Dinah is a Bad girl in the future. 

So I was thinking about how David said Future Diggle appears in the crossover (at least I remember reading tweets that he said as much) I'm thinking Oliver accidentally or intentionally uses Barry's powers to travel to the year of the Flash Forwards or around that time and Diggle will give him the cliff notes version of how Star City went to hell and maybe some message about how to prevent it like (hopefully) "don't trust Dinah" or "save Felicity" etc.

I'm pretty sure David said that Diggle's going to get a warning about his future, not that we're going to actually see future Diggle (but I could be mistaken - and the rest of your theory could still come to pass that way).

Edited by apinknightmare

We see future Diggle in the crossover? Hmm. That would definitely influence the flashforwards though, wouldn’t it? And I thought Beth wanted them as a set future that can’t be messed with. 

I am confusion. 

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm pretty sure David said that Diggle's going to get a warning about his future, not that we're going to actually see future Diggle (but I could be mistaken - and the rest of your theory could still come to pass that way).

You might be right. I went on some twitter accounts of people who were there and one account said future Diggle and another account said there is a tease about Diggles future. So I'm not sure now. 

5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

We see future Diggle in the crossover? Hmm. That would definitely influence the flashforwards though, wouldn’t it? And I thought Beth wanted them as a set future that can’t be messed with. 

I am confusion. 

I'm really hoping that's something that they decide to change now that they've gotten feedback like Oliver revealing himself as GA and the BLM episode they walked back on. 

19 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I'm really hoping that's something that they decide to change now that they've gotten feedback like Oliver revealing himself as GA and the BLM episode they walked back on. 

Wait, what did they change with Oliver revealing himself as the GA from feedback?

7 hours ago, tv echo said:

Older Dinah (to Adult William): "It symbolizes the four pillars of heroism - courage, compassion, selflessness, and loyalty."

(olicity source)

I wonder if each pillar is supposed to represent a main characteristic of people making up the original pillar of four.  Like maybe Oliver-Courage, Felicity - Compassion, Diggle - Selflessness (as in he always is trying to serve like in army or the team or Argus) and now you will laugh but Dinah-Loyalty.  I wonder if they might be trying to rewrite the OTA into the Pillar of Four, lol.  And then they expand the Core Four into a symbol they share with those they bring into the circle. 

Dinah going around and saying "Felicity changed!! doesn't mean that Felicity wasn't the inspiration or even that those who have the tattoo magically always remain loyal which would be the ultimate lovely irony if Dinah either goes evil or dabble with it because of some perhaps noble but wrong headed notions.  

I'm sure Felicity is not trying to blow up the city but I don't think they will ever let Dinah go evil (with one exception which I will explain in a sec) so most likely the best we could hope  is just Dinah being misguided while thinking she's doing good stuff.  Or maybe her inflexibility becomes the reason why she's left out of the loop for a plan that requires some really hard choices and even doing some questionable things

What is going on with the Glades is incredibly confusing.  The Glades rose up against Star City and then walled themselves off and the cops in Star City I thought Dinah said really worked for the rich in the Glades (I might be confused about that part) Which made me initially think that we were supposed to think whoever ruled the Glades was the bad guys.  But now we find out that Rene is in the Glades, refuses to go near Star City and maybe is even leading the Glades and Zoe isn't acting like her dad is evil even if she's clearly had a break with him.   But we did have Maya blame Dinah for the dumpster fire that was Star CIty.  But she acts like she and her network are the only source of justice in Star City, not that street kid Maya believes that at all.  So yeah, if Dinah wasn't Dinah Drake, then I'd say she's going bad while thinking she's actually the good guy. 

But the only way I think they'd let Dinah really go evol is if that was their solution to the two characters with the same skill set.  Dinah loses her cry, goes evil or at least wrong and BS gets to be fully redeemed and irony of greater irony, she'd be the one that's supposed to represent loyalty, lol, as the winner of the "true Canary" crown.  

Of course I'm pulling most of this out of my ass so I suppose it's just as likely that Dinah and BS are best buds and are the leaders of the Canary Network, lol.  That would be disturbing though.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wonder if each pillar is supposed to represent a main characteristic of people making up the original pillar of four.  Like maybe Oliver-Courage, Felicity - Compassion, Diggle - Selflessness (as in he always is trying to serve like in army or the team or Argus) and now you will laugh but Dinah-Loyalty.  I wonder if they might be trying to rewrite the OTA into the Pillar of Four, lol.  And then they expand the Core Four into a symbol they share with those they bring into the circle. 

To save you from this thought, remember that Roy knows about it too (and presumably has the tattoo as well), so he has to be part of it as well, so it's definitely not just OTA plus Dinah

7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think they will ever let Dinah go evil (with one exception which I will explain in a sec) so most likely the best we could hope  is just Dinah being misguided while thinking she's doing good stuff.  Or maybe her inflexibility becomes the reason why she's left out of the loop for a plan that requires some really hard choices and even doing some questionable things

Yeah, I think it's going to be this, especially now that we have two other contradictory takes (one being that Felicity is obviously not evil and the second being Maya implying that it was Dinah's fault, heck one could argue three if William gets to have a say once more info comes out). With what exactly happened still being a mystery, it would be very easy to introduce the concept of "there are two sides to every story" and with present Dinah already having had an issue of "which side to fight with?" the future will probably have the same to parallel.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

wonder if each pillar is supposed to represent a main characteristic of people making up the original pillar of four.  Like maybe Oliver-Courage, Felicity - Compassion, Diggle - Selflessness (as in he always is trying to serve like in army or the team or Argus) and now you will laugh but Dinah-Loyalty.  I wonder if they might be trying to rewrite the OTA into the Pillar of Four, lol.  And then they expand the Core Four into a symbol they share with those they bring into the circle. 

I'd sooner believe Roy = Loyalty. He's probably the most faithful/Loyal of all the characters IMO.

Mark of 4 so should have been OTA + Roy

• Love 13

It's funny to me how OTA and Roy never needed a tattoo to tell them the pillars of heroism though, or to be there when one of them needed help...🙄😂

Edited by Guest
15 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Guess Oliver is making Felicity that chili after all

Fanfic says Oliver makes Felicity chili which she eats a tonne of, gets stomach pains, blames the chili and then somehow takes a pregnancy test when weird tummy feeling doesn't go away 😝

Jokes aside EBR is such a beautiful girl!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Fanfic says Oliver makes Felicity chili which she eats a tonne of, gets stomach pains, blames the chili and then somehow takes a pregnancy test when weird tummy feeling doesn't go away 😝

Hey, about 9 months makes it an 801 premiere baby. Perfect timing.

• Love 3

Even though this is technically an Elseworlds spoiler, I'm posting it here, as a heads up that this storyline is continuing in the crossover.

Will the Arrowverse “Elseworlds” crossover pick up on any of the storylines from any of the shows, or is it just its own event? –Stephanie
The special event, especially Monay’s Arrow hour, will address some ongoing story arcs such as Oliver and Felicity’s “fraught” relationship (her words!) following his release from prison.

Source: https://tvline.com/2018/12/07/legends-of-tomorow-spoilers-season-4-big-bad/

• Love 2

Matt Mitovich saying that the episode had the most Olicity in a long time is like saying that  an ounce of water is more water than a starving man has had in a while. Technically true but very misleading.

14 hours ago, way2interested said:

People said the exact same things in s5 and lookie there 520 happened

That's what I'm afraid of. I never doubted that Oliver and Felicity would be together again but it too far too long and too much fast forwarding of things I didn't want to watch to get them there.

Beth is making the same mistake.  She thinks that having Oliver and Felicity on parallel paths but kept apart, or three short scenes with lots of angst is enough for them. I don't understand how they still don't get it, that when Oliver and Felicity are not doing well everyone hates it, both the shippers and the ones who hate Felicity for turning the show into a soap opera. The show does best when Oliver and Felicity are working together.

Oliver working with Dinah as a police consultant is not going to cut it.

47 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

It will really annoy me if the reason they have a fraught relationship right now is because they needed to have one in the crossover Arrow hour.  

Seriously, I'm starting to hate the crossovers. My show always gets warped to meet the needs of the other shows.

Speaking of bad plotting, I'm really disliking Future William right now. He better be playing a long con because I'm fed up with his anger at Felicity who gave up everything for him when Oliver was in jail.  Oliver talks about how he lost everything, Diaz talks about how Oliver took everything from him but the person who really suffered from the decisions of others is Felicity.

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

What is going on with the Glades is incredibly confusing.  The Glades rose up against Star City and then walled themselves off and the cops in Star City I thought Dinah said really worked for the rich in the Glades (I might be confused about that part) Which made me initially think that we were supposed to think whoever ruled the Glades was the bad guys.  But now we find out that Rene is in the Glades, refuses to go near Star City and maybe is even leading the Glades and Zoe isn't acting like her dad is evil even if she's clearly had a break with him.   But we did have Maya blame Dinah for the dumpster fire that was Star CIty.  But she acts like she and her network are the only source of justice in Star City, not that street kid Maya believes that at all.  So yeah, if Dinah wasn't Dinah Drake, then I'd say she's going bad while thinking she's actually the good guy.

I don't think that's what's going on but I'm in awe at your creativity.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think that's what's going on but I'm in awe at your creativity.

Scary part is what you quoted was me just repeating what I thought the show just about told us straight out about what was happening.  I really don't know what is supposed to be happening anymore, but I'd love for someone else to try to explain what they think the FF's have told us.  I need to compare notes and come to some kind of agreement on what they said has happened so I can try to guess what can happen.  

At this point I am hoping for a loophole to undo the crappy crappy future whatever it is.  This is another problem with the crossover.  It drags Arrow into a universe where undoing the future IS possible for a while but it's unlikely to happen and then we'll be right back stuck trying to make this flashforward work, only my hopes will have been raised and dashed so I'll find the future just that much more depressing.  :D

Not surprised with the angst coming in the crossover, "perfect" opportunity for angst/hijinks. A bit like last year where they had to have the argument over getting married in ep 1 to get married in ep4. Though with the FFs especially I think we'd have had it anyway. And really it needed to happen, I just wish it had played out a bit differently. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That's what I'm afraid of.

To be fair, that wasn't my point. My point was arguing against the idea of "the odds of ANYTHING good happening for Olicity now are slim." I doubt they will actually have them """fractured""" through 720. One could argue any time at odds is too long, but the brief time for their arcs to actually have consequences (Oh look there, which is exactly what fans wanted during hiatus from Olicity) is arguably needed, depending on what they do with it and how they do it. Showing things like Olicity disagreeing but still having the development to talk about their feelings and not walk away dramatically like in days of old I think is a good sign.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Even though this is technically an Elseworlds spoiler, I'm posting it here, as a heads up that this storyline is continuing in the crossover.

Source: https://tvline.com/2018/12/07/legends-of-tomorow-spoilers-season-4-big-bad/

Same article also reveals that Caitlin shares a heart-to-heart talk with Felicity in the crossover. I'm guessing they'll talk about fighting the darkness inside them - or other stuff that Felicity should be discussing with Oliver. So it looks like we're getting some Felicity character development in 709 as well.

Like others here, I really, really hope that the Olicity angst is not dragged out after the midwinter break.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Same article also reveals that Caitlin shares a heart-to-heart talk with Felicity in the crossover. I'm guessing they'll talk about fighting the darkness inside them - or other stuff that Felicity should be discussing with Oliver.

Like others here, I really, really hope that the Olicity angst is not dragged out after the midwinter break.

Oh nice. They are actually going to try and have her relate to Killer Frost. Fuck off writers. 

• Love 2